PDA

View Full Version : Amar’e Stoudemire Considering Asking For Buyout

NYKnickFanatic
02-06-2015, 12:55 PM
Amar'e might ask to be bought out, so he could sign with a contender. If he is bought out, which teams do you think could use him the most off the bench?

I heard the Raptors are looking for another big body. Maybe reunion with the Suns? Just throwing out ideas.

Amar’e Stoudemire plans to use the All-Star break to decide whether to ask the New York Knicks for a contract buyout that could free him to potentially sign with a playoff contender.

“It’s not an easy decision to make,” Stoudemire told Yahoo Sports. “Over time, we will see how things pan out. You give yourself a break during the All-Star break. You think about it with your family. …That will give me a good solid week on how to weigh out the rest of the season.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/06/amare-stoudemire-considering-asking-for-buyout-knicks-would-reportedly-prefer-to-buy-out-andrea-bargnani/

Raps18-19 Champ
02-06-2015, 01:00 PM
He'll take the Cavs over the hump.

I thought about the Clippers but not sure if he can even run any more.

NYKnickFanatic
02-06-2015, 01:16 PM

Do the Cavs need him though?

Raps18-19 Champ
02-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Of course. He's the piece to get them over the top.

Also, I can't see him going to a Western team.

jimm120
02-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Do the Cavs need him though?

He's a low post scorer (he has surprisingly gotten really good at it). They need that. But they already have a lot of scores overall in Lebron, Irving, love, and smith.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-06-2015, 01:23 PM
He's a low post scorer (he has surprisingly gotten really good at it). They need that. But they already have a lot of scores overall in Lebron, Irving, love, and smith.

Nah. They need interior defense more. Amar'e doesn't provide that.

NYKnickFanatic
02-06-2015, 01:25 PM
Nah. They need interior defense more. Amar'e doesn't provide that.

Mozgov, or how Shump likes to call him, Maserati, has been doing pretty well in that department.

TheNumber37
02-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Don't sleep on DC. Nene is in/out of the lineup and they could use some help there. It's also close to NY.

I could see CLE, PHX, or whichever team has the best medical staff

lamzoka
02-06-2015, 01:28 PM
Why is he talking like he's not under contract with the Knicks. If I'm Dolan I'm not releasing him unless he's willing to forgo all the remaining $$$ on his contract.

Throughout his tenure with the Knicks, us fans showed him nothing but love and respect. Despite all the injuries he had, all the time he missed we never boo stat.

I love the guy man, I would hate to see him try to force his way out of here.

Raps18-19 Champ
02-06-2015, 01:33 PM
Why is he talking like he's not under contract with the Knicks. If I'm Dolan I'm not releasing him unless he's willing to forgo all the remaining $$$ on his contract.

Throughout his tenure with the Knicks, us fans showed him nothing but love and respect. Despite all the injuries he had, all the time he missed we never boo stat.

Lol why? He'd be doing the Knicks a favour if he decided to give up even if he gave up like 20% of his remaining contract.

Tony_Starks
02-06-2015, 01:40 PM
OKC or Portland need to scoop him up. If I'm New York and he's willing to take ANY buyout I'm cutting bait asap...

Tony_Starks
02-06-2015, 01:41 PM

So you'd rather pay him 20 million to ride the pine instead of saving $$?

D-Leethal
02-06-2015, 01:48 PM
I think he will stay on the East Coast. He loves NY, and I'd imagine his family will stay there.

I hope he goes to Cleveland, I'll be rooting for those guys in the playoffs. Cleveland Knickaliers. First time I'll actually root for a LeBron led team.

D-Leethal
02-06-2015, 01:51 PM

He isn't forcing his way out, the offer for him to leave is clearly on the table. Despite his shortcomings, he has been a trooper, a consummate teammate and pro, and worked his ****ing tail off to get healthy, even when the odds were stacked against him, accepted a bench role, gladly took a backseat to Melo after being "the man" who came here first.

I think he is speaking like he knows the Knicks are leaving the decision completely up to him if he wants to go or not. Not like someone trying to force his way out.

R. Johnson#3
02-06-2015, 03:18 PM

:laugh:

kingsdelez24
02-06-2015, 03:53 PM
The clips could really use him for the 20ish minutes they give to Glen Davis and Hedo Turkoglu. Its basically like having an older, slowed down, Blake off the bench

lamzoka
02-06-2015, 03:53 PM
:laugh:

What so funny?

Minimal
02-06-2015, 03:56 PM
It has Cavs written all over it.
Jr Smith, Mozgov, Shumpert, Shawn Marion. 12 game winning streak, a need to win a ring. See the connections?

rhd420
02-06-2015, 05:03 PM

agree completely - hey your paying me all this money, went through all the injuries, why not buy me out now so I can sit on the bench for a contender?

That's crazy ... if this is the NFL the guy would have been cut a LONG time ago due to production ... AND it's not like the Knicks are contending with him and helping the team "tank" further, in the end, he's a roster spot they need to fill and his last year of his contract - stay, finish it off, you don't deserve this favor from the Knicks and to be fair it would be a waste of money and potentially helping out another team

The Knicks just let him walk at the end of the season ... have him suffer just like the Knick fans are doing now

Raps18-19 Champ
02-06-2015, 05:16 PM
That's the spirit! Let's have him suffer at the expense of millions of dollars!

Tony_Starks
02-06-2015, 05:26 PM
I think he will stay on the East Coast. He loves NY, and I'd imagine his family will stay there.

I hope he goes to Cleveland, I'll be rooting for those guys in the playoffs. Cleveland Knickaliers. First time I'll actually root for a LeBron led team.

If he goes to Cleveland he'll just ride the bench or get garbage time here and there. I'd actually like to see him hook back up with Kerr in Golden State. Be perfect insurance for when Bogut takes his yearly playoff vacation and Amare gets a good shot at a ring....

JasonJohnHorn
02-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Smart move for both parties. If the Knicks can save a little money, why not. If I remember right, they were above the luxury thresh hold (not sure if that is still the case), so they would save double the money.

Amar'e could move on. He's clearly not part of their future plans. He's playing well this year. Shooting the ball well and having his best rebounding season in years. He'd be great for the Clippers since Hawes doesn't seem to be doing what they'd hope. And he might be useful in Miami as well. Bosh, Amar'e and Deng as a starting front court.

If he's chasing a ring, GSW wouldn't hurt, nor SAS, though I'm not sure the Spurs would be happy with his defense.

I'd like to personally see him in NO. With Davis and Asik playing defense, they can afford to have him on the floor, and with him and Anderson, they'd have some really nice offensive weapons to go along with Davis.

Lots of options for him for sure is this is what goes down.

KnicksorBust
02-06-2015, 07:38 PM

With Tristan Thompson and KLove I dont see the minutes. No way you cut into Mozgov at C for him.

As a Knicks fan I hope they do buy him out.

ewing
02-07-2015, 01:27 AM
If he goes to Cleveland he'll just ride the bench or get garbage time here and there. I'd actually like to see him hook back up with Kerr in Golden State. Be perfect insurance for when Bogut takes his yearly playoff vacation and Amare gets a good shot at a ring....

Good call. I think GS would be a very good fit

rockets-fan
02-07-2015, 06:37 AM
Go to the Suns and get some of their miracle water that their training staff has! Resurrect your career!

Realistically, Cavs. Doubt he goes out west with how competitive it is. Go to the Cavs and help them get past the Hawks Raps,Bulls and Wiz. Way easier than competing against every seed out west

Chrisclover
02-07-2015, 07:14 AM

Such a godsend for LeBron. Man, he is just so lucky. Not long ago he got Jr, shumpert and mosgov, and now my once -favorite Amare? He is just getting tons of help!

Chrisclover
02-07-2015, 07:17 AM
Don't sleep on DC. Nene is in/out of the lineup and they could use some help there. It's also close to NY.

I could see CLE, PHX, or whichever team has the best medical staff
Lol. IMO, he is retiring in 3 years. His body is at the verge of collapse regardless of any medical help. Give it a break. I don't want to see him prodding his feet for the rest of his life.

jimm120
02-07-2015, 07:52 AM
I think that before this injury that's taken 1 1/2 months to heal, Phil was intrigued in maybe keeping him till the end of the year cause he might have wanted to re-sign him on the cheap.

But seeing at how he's been out for so long....and this wasn't like the melo injury, in which melo was forced to take a ton of time off. Amare just couldn't go and play.

NYKnickFanatic
02-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Interesting.

The Dallas Mavericks would be considered front-runners to sign Amar'e Stoudemire if the 13-year veteran opts to pursue a contract buyout from the New York Knicks, according to league sources.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/12291689/dallas-mavericks-frontrunners-sign-amare-stoudemire-new-york-knicks-opts-pursue-buyout

NYKnickFanatic
02-07-2015, 08:24 AM
The Dallas Mavericks are considered front-runners to sign Amar'e Stoudemire if he becomes available in a contract buyout with the New York Knicks, according to sources.

The Mavericks are keen to sign Stoudemire as well as Jermaine O'Neal. They are prepared to make roster moves to accommodate signing both players should they become available.

Stoudemire has said he will use the NBA All-Star break to decide whether to ask the Knicks for a buyout.

lamzoka
02-07-2015, 10:36 AM
Smart move for both parties. If the Knicks can save a little money, why not. If I remember right, they were above the luxury thresh hold (not sure if that is still the case), so they would save double the money.

Amar'e could move on. He's clearly not part of their future plans. He's playing well this year. Shooting the ball well and having his best rebounding season in years. He'd be great for the Clippers since Hawes doesn't seem to be doing what they'd hope. And he might be useful in Miami as well. Bosh, Amar'e and Deng as a starting front court.

If he's chasing a ring, GSW wouldn't hurt, nor SAS, though I'm not sure the Spurs would be happy with his defense.

I'd like to personally see him in NO. With Davis and Asik playing defense, they can afford to have him on the floor, and with him and Anderson, they'd have some really nice offensive weapons to go along with Davis.

Lots of options for him for sure is this is what goes down.

What some of you don't understand is "buying out a player" have nothing to do with the salary cap. Amare's full salary will still count toward the knicks cap. Only Dolan would be saving money. Not Knicks.

ewing
02-07-2015, 10:39 AM
What some of you don't understand is "buying out a player" have nothing to do with the salary cap. Amare's full salary will still count toward the knicks cap. Only Dolan would be saving money. Not Knicks.

So what? They save a couple bucks, give his mins to someone young who might turn into a cheap bench guy, are more likely to lose to games and get a higher pick, and do a solid for a major agent. Sounds like a win-win if it is what Amare wants.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-07-2015, 10:40 AM
Mavs already mentioned they want Amare and O'Neal.

Mr.B
02-07-2015, 12:02 PM
I've also heard the Mavs have an interest in trading for Kevin Martin in addition to signing Amare and O'Neal.

I think Amare would be a perfect fit in Dallas. Dallas needs low post scoring off the bench. Even with O'Neal on the team Amare would get a lot of minutes on a contending team. The second half of the season will be very interesting if the Mavs can pull all this off.

Miltstar
02-07-2015, 12:16 PM
I'd be all for giving him Hansbrough's spot in the rotation on the Raptors

Chrisclover
02-07-2015, 12:23 PM
How can Dolan save money? He pays the salaries for the Knicks players. If Amar'e 's salary still counts, he still gets paid. Am I right? Someone answer me. [emoji1]

lamzoka
02-07-2015, 01:03 PM
How can Dolan save money? He pays the salaries for the Knicks players. If Amar'e 's salary still counts, he still gets paid. Am I right? Someone answer me. [emoji1]

For example let's say Amare have $8M left on his contract, but wants to be release (buyout) to play for a contender.

Knicks will probably offer him to take $5M instead of $8M to get release. (This is the buyout)

If Amare agrees to this. James Dolan would write him a $5M check then release him.

Now James Dolan just saved $3M. But the NBA office doesn't care if Amare agrees to a $5M buyout. His full $8M will count toward the Knicks cap. Not $5M

In another word Knicks doesn't have an extra $3M to sign another player, because the league office would just say the Knicks release Amare and his $8M contract.

I hope it make sense :)

J_M_B
02-07-2015, 03:29 PM

His family lives in NY? I could've swore they live in south Florida. Seen him at the movies and at cold stones a dozen times haha

ohreally
02-07-2015, 03:35 PM

I figure the Knicks have already approached him about this and this is just a face-saving thing to make it seem as if it was his idea. They owe him that much since whether they overpaid him or not, without him the whole Summer of Bron Part I idea would have resulted in no signings whatsoever.

Giannis94
02-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Bucks could be a great fit.

Sadds The Gr8
02-07-2015, 04:12 PM
I'll gladly take him on the raps

D-Leethal
02-07-2015, 04:16 PM
His family lives in NY? I could've swore they live in south Florida. Seen him at the movies and at cold stones a dozen times haha

I know thats where he is from and went to HS. I know when his brother died a few years ago it was down there. But I would imagine his wife and 4 kids live in NY with him, but I obviously could be wrong there.

HoopsDrive
02-07-2015, 04:20 PM
He should join the Raptors, plenty of minutes available backing up Amir and JV.

lamzoka
02-07-2015, 04:31 PM
I figure the Knicks have already approached him about this and this is just a face-saving thing to make it seem as if it was his idea. They owe him that much since whether they overpaid him or not, without him the whole Summer of Bron Part I idea would have resulted in no signings whatsoever.

Knicks doesn't owe Amare a damn thing. I'm a 100% sure, if they could do it all over again. They would've rather strike out than give him that contract.

If anybody owes anybody anything here, it Amare. He owes knicks at least loyalty.

Thumper 88
02-07-2015, 06:10 PM
I've also heard the Mavs have an interest in trading for Kevin Martin in addition to signing Amare and O'Neal.

I think Amare would be a perfect fit in Dallas. Dallas needs low post scoring off the bench. Even with O'Neal on the team Amare would get a lot of minutes on a contending team. The second half of the season will be very interesting if the Mavs can pull all this off.

I like it but not sure if its enough time to gel.. Though if there's a coach that could get them to gel quickly its Rick

ohreally
02-07-2015, 06:36 PM
Knicks doesn't owe Amare a damn thing. I'm a 100% sure, if they could do it all over again. They would've rather strike out than give him that contract.

If anybody owes anybody anything here, it Amare. He owes knicks at least loyalty.

Hindsight is 20/20. But there is no way the Knicks could accept a total strike out at that point, they knew full well they were overpaying for too long a term.

Amare's first year on the Knicks fans were saying he was the best power forward in the game. With the signing of Carmelo, he and Melo were the keys to the promised land.

When reality set in, Amare became the first scapegoat. But Amare was what Amare was, and everybody knew it. And still, if they feature Amare and never done the Melo trade, would they be any worse than they are? So why does he owe the Knicks?

Redrum187
02-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Mavericks need to get Kevin Martin (or Afflalo) + Jermaine O'Neal + Amare Stoudemire

PG: Devin Harris - JJ Barea
SG: Kevin Martin (or Aron Afflalo)
SF: Al-Farouq Aminu - Richard Jefferson
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C: Jermaine O'Neal

That bench could beat the Knicks in a 7 game series...

eibbor
02-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Who cares? THe dude has been DONE for a long time.

eibbor
02-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Mavericks need to get Kevin Martin (or Afflalo) + Jermaine O'Neal + Amare Stoudemire

Any bench in the league could beat the Knicks in a 7 game series. Probably Kentucky too lol

GiantsSwaGG
02-07-2015, 09:37 PM
It's funny how everyone wants Amare now :laugh2:

Sadds The Gr8
02-07-2015, 11:40 PM
It's funny how everyone wants Amare now :laugh2:
It's not at 20+ million....

Chrisclover
02-07-2015, 11:55 PM
For example let's say Amare have $8M left on his contract, but wants to be release (buyout) to play for a contender.

Knicks will probably offer him to take $5M instead of $8M to get release. (This is the buyout)

If Amare agrees to this. James Dolan would write him a $5M check then release him.

Now James Dolan just saved $3M. But the NBA office doesn't care if Amare agrees to a $5M buyout. His full $8M will count toward the Knicks cap. Not $5M

In another word Knicks doesn't have an extra $3M to sign another player, because the league office would just say the Knicks release Amare and his $8M contract.

I hope it make sense :)
Thanks, buddy. I confused it with the amnesty. Lol

Chrisclover
02-08-2015, 12:01 AM

Beating a bottom team is not a big deal especially when they have already given up this season. Yea, you are talking about using the bench to play the game. Awesome depth. [emoji1]

Young2Kinsler
02-08-2015, 12:07 AM
Amar'e might ask to be bought out, so he could sign with a contender. If he is bought out, which teams do you think could use him the most off the bench?

I heard the Raptors are looking for another big body. Maybe reunion with the Suns? Just throwing out ideas.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/06/amare-stoudemire-considering-asking-for-buyout-knicks-would-reportedly-prefer-to-buy-out-andrea-bargnani/

Rumor is Mavs would be very interested. I'd probably rather just have JOneal

Mr.B
02-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Rumor is Mavs would be very interested. I'd probably rather just have JOneal

The talk is they want to bring in both.

numba1CHANGsta
02-08-2015, 02:57 PM
if he goes to the Cavs im so done with the NBA, everyone wants to ride on LeBrons nutz and its starting to get ridiculous

Crackadalic
02-08-2015, 02:58 PM
If Amare is bought out I can see the Clips going after him with Griffin Out for a while

gatkins11
02-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Stein apparently said it was a done deal that Dallas gets both Stat and O'Neal (provided Stat is bought out). Sorry I don't have a link. It was on some ESPN insider thing I think.

Thumper 88
02-09-2015, 09:27 AM
Stein apparently said it was a done deal that Dallas gets both Stat and O'Neal (provided Stat is bought out). Sorry I don't have a link. It was on some ESPN insider thing I think.
That should help even out some minutes and fill out the bench.

Goose17
02-09-2015, 10:29 AM
if he goes to the Cavs im so done with the NBA, everyone wants to ride on LeBrons nutz and its starting to get ridiculous

Let me guess, you're a Lakers fan?

nycericanguy
02-09-2015, 03:19 PM
OKC should make a run at him, they need a scoring big and Amare & WB in the Pick and roll would be deadly..

Amare is still a good P&R guy

beasted86
02-09-2015, 03:44 PM
He could help the Clippers off the bench.

Chrisclover
02-09-2015, 08:47 PM
OKC should make a run at him, they need a scoring big and Amare & WB in the Pick and roll would be deadly..

Amare is still a good P&R guy
OKC is done. Amare won't consider it.

FlashBolt
02-09-2015, 10:23 PM
No thanks. Don't want Amare... unless you're willing to take Perkins.

IKnowHoops
02-10-2015, 05:34 AM

Man the NBA must be so unenjoyable for you. To put 90% of your energy into disliking Lebron and only 10% of your energy into cheering for your favorite team would make me stop watching the NBA too. I only do things that make me happy, I'm not going to torture myself like that.

minidaniels
02-10-2015, 05:55 AM
Big salary that his currently on...

If he wants to compete for a championship he should jump ship now to see if he can get with a team competing this year for a chance at a championship!