PDA

View Full Version : Thunder PG tweets about joining the Lakers, then deletes it...Trade pending???

Rocco007
02-05-2015, 05:58 AM
With the Lakers expected to be movers at the trade deadline, our Lakers rumors for today center around a deleted tweet from an Oklahoma City Thunder guard.

The Los Angeles Lakers have long been expected to be active in the trade market, and whether it be a false alarm or not, Thunder guard Ishmael Smith tweeted, then deleted this tweet:

The tweet has since been deleted, but it should raise more than a few eyebrows. Itíd almost be a certainty that Smith would be part of a package deal. Currently, Thunderís guard Reggie Jackson has been whispered as part of trade rumors. The Lakers have a big man that could help the Thunder instantly in Jordan Hill.

A trade centered around Hill, Jackson, Smith, and probably Kendrick Perkins for salary reasons is do-able with very little extra pieces in terms of players needed to be involved. If the Lakers insist on not moving Hill, Ed Davis could be involved without acquiring Perkins, but that seems unlikely.

The tweet could have been deleted because, as it stands, Smith canít be dealt until Friday, February 6th due to the rule which does not allow a player to be traded until three months after signing a free agent contract. The 6th of this month is the expiry of this restriction for Smith.

The Lakers could simply be working on a deal for Smith only, also. Smith would be an upgrade over current point guard Ronnie Price, but short of trading a conditional future pick or player rights, itís very unlikely this deal is centered around Smith, who has scored just 37 points in 27 games this year.

If the deal is for Jackson, itís a move that could pay off for the Lakers this summer. Jackson was a likely free agent target this summer despite being a restricted free agent. As such, the Lakers would likely have to overpay for Jacksonís services in order for the Thunder not to match. Despite recent struggles in Oklahoma City, Jackson would still be a nice get for the Lakers, who could cash in on Hill for a young rebuilding piece.

Do you think the Lakers should trade for Jackson? Let us know down below!
http://lakeshowlife.com/2015/02/04/lakers-rumors-ishmael-smith-deletes-tweet-joining-lakers/

Rocco007
02-05-2015, 06:07 AM
I hope this is a deal for Reggie Jackson...It would make sense for OKC to add Jordan Hill...Makes sense for both teams...
Let's get this done...

Mave1002
02-05-2015, 08:43 AM
http://www.travelerstoday.com/articles/17196/20150104/nba,rumors,lakers,will,try,to,trade,for,goran,drag ic,reggie,jackson,by,deadline.htm

"Yahoo Sports writer Adrian Wojnarowski believed the Lakers acquired Jeremy Lin in a trade with the Houston Rockets last summer for two reasons: To give them financial relief after his $8M contract expires at the end of the season or trade him for a prospect. Either way, Wojnarowski thinks Lin is pretty much a one-and-done player in Lakers town - an idea Davis agrees on.

"If the strategy is to keep the pick, then moving guys like Hill and Lin probably makes the most sense. That way you can slide that playing time to guys like Davis, Black and Clarkson and permit the three of them to gain some valuable minutes in what will likely be a rough second half of the season regardless," according to Davis."

If they were to include Perk, we should get a 1st in return or Perry Jones. Either way, get it done!

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pa6j8d5

If we could also send the Nash expiring to Phoenix for Plumlee, then well have a decent frontcourt rotation in October. Add a max player (Kawhi or Jimmy), a top 3 pick (Okafor or Stanley Johnson) and well be right back in contention sooner than later.

TOP3-Plumlee-Black
Randle-Davis
MAX-Jones
Kobe-Ellington
Jackson-Clarkson

Only Jackson or MCW for me, Dragic is a system kind of player and WILL command a heavy price tag.

deadman8586
02-05-2015, 11:15 AM
I hope this is a deal for Reggie Jackson...It would make sense for OKC to add Jordan Hill...Makes sense for both teams...
Let's get this done...

That's if the Lakers want to resign Jackson that is and OKC actually have to want Hill and pick up his option.

Teeboy1487
02-05-2015, 11:32 AM
The guy just said on his twitter that it was hacked. Kind of hard to believe to me. Nobody would care enough about him to hack his twitter account. Something is definitely up.

angelsfan1984
02-05-2015, 12:43 PM
The guy just said on his twitter that it was hacked. Kind of hard to believe to me. Nobody would care enough about him to hack his twitter account. Something is definitely up.

Lets hope so...although he's a pretty good player...does that help or hurt the tank?

bleedprple&gold
02-05-2015, 01:16 PM
If they were to include Perk, we should get a 1st in return or Perry Jones. Either way, get it done!

If we could also send the Nash expiring to Phoenix for Plumlee, then well have a decent frontcourt rotation in October.

Why would OKC give us a first or Jones for taking their expiring contract in Perkins, and another team would give us something for taking our expiring contract in Nash? You see how that doesn't make sense. Expiring contracts have little value by themselves unless you are taking back a bad contract. OKC will not give us extra compensation for taking Perkins contract and the only thing we can get back for Nash at this point is a bad contract.

Crunch Time
02-05-2015, 01:29 PM
and another one bites the dust, another one bites the dust, and another one gone, and another one gone, another one bites the dust...

McAllen Tx
02-05-2015, 01:31 PM
Why would OKC give us a first or Jones for taking their expiring contract in Perkins, and another team would give us something for taking our expiring contract in Nash? You see how that doesn't make sense. Expiring contracts have little value by themselves unless you are taking back a bad contract. OKC will not give us extra compensation for taking Perkins contract and the only thing we can get back for Nash at this point is a bad contract.

This.

Plus also, I like Reggie Jackson but not that much to put the tank in jeopardy.

Lakers need to chill or make a trade to make us worse as far as this season is concerned. Jackson is a good player but not a franchise changer. Aint nobody of significance gonna want to come to Lakers cause we got Reggie Jackson.

Lets say we trade for Jackson and he pumps a little life into the boys and they start winning a few games. Not many but just enough they get us the #6 pick. Is Reggie Jackson really worth that?

Teeboy1487
02-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Lets hope so...although he's a pretty good player...does that help or hurt the tank?

Honestly, I just hope we dump some players like Hill and Young and take back Perkins. We can buy out Perkins. We truly need to suck. Would be nice if we could get a pick. No thanks for Reggie Jackson though. He would hurt our tank more than help. Ish Smith can not be traded until Friday so if this stuff is true, look for the news to be broke by tonight or early tomorrow. I would not give my hopes up though.

lakersfan01
02-05-2015, 02:38 PM
Could be Hill for a 1st round pick, with pieces like Perkins and Smith involved to make the money match up. Maybe the hip injury put the trade on ice.

lakersfan01
02-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Perkins could be good to keep the tracks on the tank lol Perkins isolations would be sweet.

Teeboy1487
02-05-2015, 04:03 PM
Perkins could be good to keep the tracks on the tank lol Perkins isolations would be sweet. :laugh:

Ty22Mitchell
02-05-2015, 05:18 PM
This.

Plus also, I like Reggie Jackson but not that much to put the tank in jeopardy.

Lakers need to chill or make a trade to make us worse as far as this season is concerned. Jackson is a good player but not a franchise changer. Aint nobody of significance gonna want to come to Lakers cause we got Reggie Jackson.

Lets say we trade for Jackson and he pumps a little life into the boys and they start winning a few games. Not many but just enough they get us the #6 pick. Is Reggie Jackson really worth that?

Thank You! Jackson can be had in free agency if Mitch and Jim want to go in that direction, but right now getting a superstar should be their first, second, and third option s. And the quickest way for them to so in the franchise's currnt state is through the draft. I'd rather they ride this tank out and or just receive draft picks.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-05-2015, 06:03 PM
Ish Smith aka the new tank commander

bleedprple&gold
02-05-2015, 09:21 PM
Could be Hill for a 1st round pick, with pieces like Perkins and Smith involved to make the money match up. Maybe the hip injury put the trade on ice.

Thunder already traded their 1st for Waiters.

lakersfan01
02-06-2015, 01:39 AM

A 1st round pick, not a 2015 1st round pick.

Rocco007
02-06-2015, 08:45 AM
Ed Davis is probably gone after publicly revealing that he's opting out..Why pay him 6-8mil when you have Tarik Black for the minimum under contract for 2 more years?

Mave1002
02-06-2015, 09:15 AM
Ed Davis is probably gone after publicly revealing that he's opting out..Why pay him 6-8mil when you have Tarik Black for the minimum under contract for 2 more years?

For $10M+ Lakers gotta make a move. http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=myjcd3g

DisBeAliG
02-06-2015, 12:48 PM

Davis really said that?? If he did and Lakers management doesn't trade him so to get something in return, they really are idiots...then again, that's not anything we didn't already know.

rhd420
02-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Davis really said that?? If he did and Lakers management doesn't trade him so to get something in return, they really are idiots...then again, that's not anything we didn't already know.

OR the Lakers front office is simply clearing for cap space and there are no valuable offers out there for him ...
no offense but do you trade Davis for a draft pick BUT you have to pick up a bad contract along with it? I don't want a mid-tier over paid player for multiple years and almost un-tradable and draft picks just so the Lakers get "something" for Davis

DisBeAliG
02-06-2015, 04:00 PM
OR the Lakers front office is simply clearing for cap space and there are no valuable offers out there for him ...
no offense but do you trade Davis for a draft pick BUT you have to pick up a bad contract along with it? I don't want a mid-tier over paid player for multiple years and almost un-tradable and draft picks just so the Lakers get "something" for Davis

I agree. My point wasn't to say they should trader him just for the sake of making a move. But in recent seasons, Lakers have shown, repeatedly, a lack of activity when they could have gotten something for their players.

Lakers2000
02-06-2015, 07:40 PM
I have a feeling they will not make any moves. It would not surprise me.

bleedprple&gold
02-06-2015, 08:17 PM
I have a feeling they will not make any moves. It would not surprise me.

Or if they do, they will make dumb moves like trade for a guy that will be a free agent or can opt out and will leave for nothing.

bleedprple&gold
02-06-2015, 08:18 PM

A 1st round pick, not a 2015 1st round pick.

You want a 2017 pick? We need draft picks to rebuild right now, not two years from now.

numba1CHANGsta
02-06-2015, 09:37 PM
Jackson/Clarkson
Butler/Ellington
KD/Kobe
Randle/Black
Okafor/Davis

Your 2016-2017 Los Angeles Lakers Roster

You're Welcome :)

Ty22Mitchell
02-06-2015, 10:05 PM
Jackson/Clarkson
Butler/Ellington
KD/Kobe
Randle/Black
Okafor/Davis

Lmao. I'm pretty sure you're being sarcastic.

That's a lot of dominoes to fall, but if LA drafts Okafor (LA needs a huge break) I'm leading a "Kevin Durant to LA" march" the day after the draft. I don't even care remote the possibilities would be.

jaydubb
02-06-2015, 10:32 PM
Jackson/Clarkson
Butler/Ellington
KD/Kobe
Randle/Black
Okafor/Davis

Only in your wildest and wettest dreams will that lineup happen..

Crunch Time
02-06-2015, 10:40 PM
close thread

LakersIn5
02-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Guys its for westbrook