PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Willing To Come Off Bench If It Helps Cavs Win

ClutchTime
02-04-2015, 05:47 PM
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/02/lebron_james_says_hes_willing.html

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio - LeBron James is taking this whole sacrificing thing to another level.

The two-time NBA champion, the four-time MVP and 11-time NBA All-Star who is averaging 26.2 points, 5.5 rebounds and 7.4 assists said that he's committed to winning so much, he would be willing to be utilized in a reserve role.

"For me being the leader of the team, it doesn't matter. Whatever this team needs in order for this team to win, I'll come off the bench and I'm serious," James said. "I'll come off the bench. If it helps our team, that's what it's about, man."

tredigs
02-04-2015, 05:55 PM
Was he looking directly at Kevin Love without blinking when he said this?

jaydubb
02-04-2015, 06:02 PM
Well yea, if it helps the team win.. Lebron needs to start for them to win tho

Kaner
02-04-2015, 06:09 PM

:laugh: I read the title and thought no ****ing way that would be a hell of an example but this makes more sense.

ManningToTyree
02-04-2015, 06:09 PM
No harm in saying this since he knows it'll never happen

kdspurman
02-04-2015, 06:17 PM

haha... that would make sense, cause there's no way I could see Lebron coming off the bench.

Vinylman
02-04-2015, 06:18 PM
what a ****ing narcissist

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 06:18 PM
The only person that would benefit is Kevin Love. Kyrie is the leader he's going to ball out regardless of what Lebron does.....

Vee-Rex
02-04-2015, 06:33 PM
The only person that would benefit is Kevin Love. Kyrie is the leader he's going to ball out regardless of what Lebron does.....

Are you a Lebron hater or something?

I'm noticing from your posts that you seem to have something against him. LBJ is the leader of the Cavs, we all saw how far the Cavs got when Kyrie was the leader (he's only 22 years old).

So you're either trolling or got a bad problem with someone that doesn't even know you exist.

lilchuckdoubles
02-04-2015, 06:34 PM
:eyebrow:
sounds nice..

Avenged
02-04-2015, 06:37 PM
Well, whatever. He'll never have to do that so it doesn't matter if he says it.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
02-04-2015, 06:47 PM
He's only saying it because he knows it would never happen.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2015, 06:52 PM
sure LeBron, Blatt would commit coaching suicide by benching you

FraziersKnicks
02-04-2015, 07:09 PM

I'm noticing from your posts that you seem to have something against him. LBJ is the leader of the Cavs, we all saw how far the Cavs got when Kyrie was the leader (he's only 22 years old).

So you're either trolling or got a bad problem with someone that doesn't even know you exist.

Don't feed the trolls

bucketss
02-04-2015, 07:15 PM

he likes to shower lebrons team mates with compliments to slight lebron somehow, he did the same thing with wade/bosh when he called them both superstars(same superstars that cant bring their team over .500)

Chronz
02-04-2015, 08:07 PM

LMFAO . SLayed me with that one

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 08:12 PM

Are you a Lebron defender or something because my comment was about Kyrie. He's been the most consistent leader of the team this season. Love has been up and down and Lebron has been in and out plus coasting.

Save all that defensiveness, if I have something negative to say about Lebron I plainly state it no need for subliminalls......

nastynice
02-04-2015, 08:16 PM

leader??!? wtf?

I'd say he COULD be their best scorer, matter of fact imo the best things for the cavs would be to make lebron the main ball handler and facilitator, and Kyrie the main scoring option.

I think lebron's "pg" skills are hella underrated, he can completely control and run an offense. Crash and finish/dish, him and kyrie both can do that, but given lebron's much higher bball iq, he'd probably be the best one running it, or at least facilitating it

FraziersKnicks
02-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Are you a Lebron defender or something because my comment was about Kyrie. He's been the most consistent leader of the team this season. Love has been up and down and Lebron has been in and out plus coasting.

Save all that defensiveness, if I have something negative to say about Lebron I plainly state it no need for subliminalls......

2-8 with Kyrie "leading" them... Troll harder.

InRoseWeTrust
02-04-2015, 08:20 PM

:laugh:

Although part of me also feels bad for Love, because I do think Blatt isn't using him correctly. Epic post though.

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 08:44 PM
2-8 with Kyrie "leading" them... Troll harder.

Actually Love and or Kyrie missed some of the same games as Lebron did so ease up defensive guy. I know he's your hero, it's ok man.....

People on this dudes sack so tough they look for trouble damn.

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 08:48 PM
The funniest part is when someone here said Kyrie is the leader of the Cavs. So tell me, the leader of the Cavs is 2-7 when playing without LeBron? Such ignorance/hate is what makes this forum ridiculously childish.

lakerfan85
02-04-2015, 09:00 PM
What's next? Lebron sacrifices his left nut for team chemistry?? Can't this dude just shut up and play already..

Cal827
02-04-2015, 09:09 PM

Within a foot of each other, with only a stool and microphone between them.

:laugh: It is what I thought too though.

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 09:12 PM
You guys are being too literal. Of course LeBron knows he's not going to get benched. The severity of him getting benched most likely means that anything can/will happen. He's simply reassuring that he is that dedicated to winning. And if you don't care about what he said, the topic title is PREEEETY clear. Do yourself a favor and don't click it.

lakerfan85
02-04-2015, 09:15 PM
You guys are being too literal. Of course LeBron knows he's not going to get benched. The severity of him getting benched most likely means that anything can/will happen. He's simply reassuring that he is that dedicated to winning. And if you don't care about what he said, the topic title is PREEEETY clear. Do yourself a favor and don't click it.

It was stupid for him to say it..

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 09:18 PM
It was stupid for him to say it..

It's stupid for him to say he is willing to do what it takes to win? Okay. Bet you would have applauded Kobe for saying the exact same thing.

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 09:25 PM
It's stupid for him to say he is willing to do what it takes to win? Okay. Bet you would have applauded Kobe for saying the exact same thing.

That didn't take long. I was getting worried about you, almost stayed on topic.....

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 09:29 PM
That didn't take long. I was getting worried about you, almost stayed on topic.....

I'm surprised you replied back to me. You're always disappearing when you don't have a retort. But hey, you're the guy who thought Kobe four-peated, who thinks Irving is the leader of the Cavs, and who thinks Jordan can't threepeat with prime Shaq.

KnicksorBust
02-04-2015, 09:37 PM

I realize you were being funny. And it was... but you (or anyone) doesn't actually think that Love should come off the bench do you?

lakerfan85
02-04-2015, 09:40 PM

I'm not a Kobe nuthugger like some Laker fans are around here. And yeah it's ****ing stupid for the best player on any team to come out and say I'll come off the bench in order for the team to win. What was the point anyway? They've won like 10 in a row so its not like they're losing games. Why didn't he say this earlier in the season if that's how he truly felt?

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 09:41 PM
I'm not a Kobe nuthugger like some Laker fans are around here. And yeah it's ****ing stupid for the best player on any team to come out and say I'll come off the bench in order for the team to win. What was the point anyway? They've won like 10 in a row so its not like they're losing games. Why didn't he say this earlier in the season if that's how he truly felt?

He was probably asked a question regarding it. Hard to see anyone coming out saying that blatantly.

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 10:01 PM
Anyway on topic I'm sure somebody will be dumb enough to buy what he's selling. In theory it sounds good,lf you're slow of wits......

Da Knicks
02-04-2015, 11:27 PM
Anyway on topic I'm sure somebody will be dumb enough to buy what he's selling. In theory it sounds good,lf you're slow of wits......

Between Lebron and your boy Kobe most of psd is in here just typing because vocal chords have being ruined from sucking this guys deep!

Can't wait for those two to retire...

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 11:34 PM

Between Lebron and your boy Kobe most of psd is in here just typing because vocal chords have being ruined from sucking this guys deep!

I don't want them to retire but I agree with your general sentiment....no homo.

justinnum1
02-04-2015, 11:49 PM
what a ****ing narcissist

still mad?

23dragonzord
02-05-2015, 12:18 AM
But will he take a pay cut to bring in more talent to help his team win? or take another 23million plus contract?

InRoseWeTrust
02-05-2015, 12:59 AM
But will he take a pay cut to bring in more talent to help his team win? or take another 23million plus contract?

I don't blame him for taking money for once. This is the first time he's ever been the highest paid player on his team and he's the best player in the world.

IgglesFanInCO
02-05-2015, 01:56 AM
What's next? Lebron sacrifices his left nut for team chemistry?? Can't this dude just shut up and play already..

Ive never understood this. Do people think these guys call up press-conferences to say this stuff? They get asked and respond in turn.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 02:05 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 02:08 AM

He did that and got killed for it. He really can't win no matter what he does. He's done it all.

PurpleLynch
02-05-2015, 07:35 AM

I can understand :clap: I'm a Kobe fan by the way.

PurpleLynch
02-05-2015, 07:35 AM

AHAHAH. Best comment of the entire thread.

Chrisclover
02-05-2015, 10:20 AM
haha... that would make sense, cause there's no way I could see Lebron coming off the bench.
He came off bench once in his career. Just once. IIRC, it was out of respect for Z.

Chrisclover
02-05-2015, 10:25 AM
It's like "I will die for you, babe. "when the man is confessing to the girl.

D-Leethal
02-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Empty threat. He would go to the FO the second Blatt even considered the idea and have him fired.

Chrisclover
02-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Empty threat. He would go to the FO the second Blatt even considered the idea and have him fired.
It's a trap. Lol.

sixer04fan
02-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Empty gesture. I can't believe this has been made such a big deal

kdspurman
02-05-2015, 11:51 AM

:laugh2: exactly

JasonJohnHorn
02-05-2015, 12:32 PM
He says that why? He knows it's not happening, so it means nothing.

Zefflin
02-06-2015, 04:01 PM
Lebrons words are as empty as pau gasols stats. Pretty amazing when your own hypocrisy and stupidity ultimately affect your career.

cmellofan15
02-06-2015, 04:03 PM

ehh..he's never been the guy to complain to the front office.

Bruno
02-06-2015, 04:10 PM
ridiculous concept. LBJ off the bench.

bucketss
02-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Lebrons words are as empty as pau gasols stats. Pretty amazing when your own hypocrisy and stupidity ultimately affect your career.

can't say im surprised you would say that about pau.

rhd420
02-06-2015, 04:38 PM
wow - all the hating - it's not like the guy has taken a max contract everywhere he's been, oh yeah he didn't

If LBJ is injured or is being saved for the playoffs - it would make sense, what do you want as fans, him saying this OR do something like Shaq did for the Lakers, have mysterious injury middle of the season and rest up for the playoffs?

Heck, Magic Johnson played PF his last season with the Lakers in 1995 since the Lakers had Threatt and Nick - he could have easily said nope, I'm playing PG even though he's bigger but he didn't

Not to compare LBJ and Magic but are NBA fans that jaded to think a player would sacrifice ego and prestige to win something? I'm pretty sure LeBron has more pull than the coach in Cleveland and management would go with whatever he says or in this care - did he even have to say he's willing to come off the bench if it would help - not really - huh, a possible genuine offer from a star NBA player - naw, he's selfish and just wants attention like a he needs it or the Cavs on a winning streak won't draw enough right?

slashsnake
02-07-2015, 07:59 AM

Well there's come off the bench and actually make the plays to win, and then there's just be on the bench cheering everyone on while the team wins.

"I'll do whatever it takes to win games, whether it's sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot."

- Kobe Bryant.

Obviously Kobe is never going to be a happy player holding the towel on the bench as Jordan Farmar takes the game winning shot. He'd probably walk off the court if they told him to head to the bench in the final moments, and I'd be in full agreement with his stance there.

It's what every player says.. Every coach says he doesn't care if they score 40 points and have 50 turnovers as long as they win... Doesn't mean it is true... It's motivation. Winning ugly isn't still winning. It means you still have a lot to do to get to the next level. Better than losing. But I bet if you put Kobe on truth serum, he'd say he'd rather miss the game winner than be on the bench for it. And not a single person would blame him.