PDA

View Full Version : What do you think Monroe will command this off-season?

Cal827
02-03-2015, 09:47 PM
Greg Monroe has had a few very respectable seasons, and looked like he was going to take the extra step in his sophomore season, but then the Pistons addition of Josh Smith likely interfered with his development. In the off-season, he wasn't signed by another team, and didn't extend in Detroit, just accepting the QO. He started this season a little cold, but after the release of Smith, he appears to have come back. Since the departure of Josh Smith, Monroe has been averaging 16-12-3-1-1. We know from his first years, that he's an excellent interior passer, assisting on around 15% of the shots when he's on the floor.

Since Smith has been gone, his offensive rating is at around 115, and while he hasn't been great at defense, his defensive rating is lower that it has been in a while at around 102 (about the same spot that it was during his sophmore year).

He's going to be a UFA this season, and I think there's a good chance that he might resign with Detroit now, as they were really good without Smith (unfortunate about the Jennings injury, but their play over the past two games has improved).

My question to you guys is: who do you think he'll sign with (if not Detroit), and how much do you think he'll sign for? Going to sound a little Homerish, but if not Detroit, I think the Raptors might take a swing at him.

Shammyguy3
02-03-2015, 10:03 PM
4 years $70M

nycericanguy
02-03-2015, 10:13 PM
MAX or close to it... his MAX is 14.7m

On the lower end 12m per

He'll probably be high on NY's radar, he's a good triangle big man with his post game and passing ability.

North Yorker
02-03-2015, 10:27 PM
MAX or close to it... his MAX is 14.7m

On the lower end 12m per

He'll probably be high on NY's radar, he's a good triangle big man with his post game and passing ability.

He's a downright awful defender, so yes NYK ought to be heavily interested in him.

Blink
02-03-2015, 11:03 PM
He's a downright awful defender, so yes NYK ought to be heavily interested in him.

He isn't a shot blocker correct. I think he is a below average defender as does everybody. He goes for the steal rather than the block.

He is forced to guard PF's and that is something you definitely do not want especially with the PF's of today's game. But when we have Drummond we have no other choice.

But watching Monroe in the post on offesne makes you live with him on the defensive side. Some nights he is just to much down there and he is only 24.

I pray Monroe resigns with us. Once we upgrade our SF from Singler. Augustin goes back to the bench When Jennings comes back and then we can finally get legit bigs off the bench (Seriously it's been since Webber, Sheed, McDyess since we've had a legit 3 man rotation) we Can really start making some noise as we continue to grow.

A huge part of that is if Monroe resigns. my biggest fear is if Monroe bolts I think Drummond does too.

slaker619
02-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Defenityl a close Max Contract, I see Lakers, Mavs, Knicks making strong move

Cal827
02-04-2015, 12:00 AM
He isn't a shot blocker correct. I think he is a below average defender as does everybody. He goes for the steal rather than the block.

He is forced to guard PF's and that is something you definitely do not want especially with the PF's of today's game. But when we have Drummond we have no other choice.

But watching Monroe in the post on offesne makes you live with him on the defensive side. Some nights he is just to much down there and he is only 24.

I pray Monroe resigns with us. Once we upgrade our SF from Singler. Augustin goes back to the bench When Jennings comes back and then we can finally get legit bigs off the bench (Seriously it's been since Webber, Sheed, McDyess since we've had a legit 3 man rotation) we Can really start making some noise as we continue to grow.

A huge part of that is if Monroe resigns. my biggest fear is if Monroe bolts I think Drummond does too.

I'm also going to say: To be fair, there really aren't many good defenders at the 4 spot due to the variance at the position. Could be a guy closer to a 5 (E.g. Boozer of the Past), could be a stretch 4 (Love, Dirk), could be a Face-up guy (Bosh, Gasol), or hell, could occasionally be a big 3 (Lebron, Melo) :laugh2:

The only real good defending 4 that I can think of is Davis, with some good ones around (Bosh, Ibaka, Gibson) Most of the other good defenders at the 4 only can play limited minutes or foul out real easy (E.g Amir)

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-04-2015, 12:57 AM
max lol

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 01:21 AM
We could use him and that is all I know.

IversonIsKrazy
02-04-2015, 03:51 AM
spurs.

Goose17
02-04-2015, 04:02 AM
An entire fleet.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
02-04-2015, 08:19 AM
I think $15M per 4 years $60M. Most likely Knicks or Lakers come calling once all the other big names re-sign with original teams. Not sure if he would reconsider Detroit now since Smith got bought out? Find out this summer.

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Max.

Rivera
02-04-2015, 09:40 AM
A team will deff offer Monroe the max. Not saying he's worth that but he will sign a max contract

TheTreys
02-04-2015, 10:16 AM
I don't see any team paying him the max, that's just ridiculous. He's a good player and all, but he's not even an all star player. In the offseason, I could see the Raptors, Celtics, Hornets, Thunder, Nuggets, the Kings, and other multiple teams interested in him, but no one is paying him max money. He'll get between $10-14 million.

I don't see the Knicks or Lakers pushing themselves after this guy mostly because I think they'll try to be conservative for the 2016 offseason. Large contracts with multiple years to pay are a killer for some teams because it's hard to move them when you're looking to trade.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2015, 10:26 AM
knowing the new TV deal is coming up, I would guess 4 years, $55 million

Blink
02-04-2015, 11:03 AM
I don't see any team paying him the max, that's just ridiculous. He's a good player and all, but he's not even an all star player. In the offseason, I could see the Raptors, Celtics, Hornets, Thunder, Nuggets, the Kings, and other multiple teams interested in him, but no one is paying him max money. He'll get between $10-14 million.

I don't see the Knicks or Lakers pushing themselves after this guy mostly because I think they'll try to be conservative for the 2016 offseason. Large contracts with multiple years to pay are a killer for some teams because it's hard to move them when you're looking to trade.

Welcome to today's NBA where good players get paid like superstars.

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 12:03 PM
4 years 60milli. Somebody will pay it, that's a guarantee. Depends on who gets the lower pick out of Knicks and Lakers.....

Jarvo
02-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Whatever the Spurs can offer him.

D-Leethal
02-04-2015, 01:19 PM

He is most definitely getting the max with the increase in cap next year. Everyone is getting the max this year with the freakin' 2016 cap raise.

D-Leethal
02-04-2015, 01:20 PM
4 years 60milli. Somebody will pay it, that's a guarantee. Depends on who gets the lower pick out of Knicks and Lakers.....

Yea, he is probably going to be the Okafor consolation prize - you will need similar complementary parts for either guy.

Chronz
02-04-2015, 01:43 PM
mad max