PDA

View Full Version : You need to win one game on your life. Which 5 players you go with?

Pages : [1] 2

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 08:56 PM
For the 1000th time just worded a lil different...

You have to win one game. Your life is on the line. You need to roll five players to go win you this game with your life on the line. Who do you go with.

PG Lebron
SG Jordan
SF Durant
PF DRob
C Shaq

jerellh528
02-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Cp3
Kobe
Jordan
Dirk
Shaq

ManningToTyree
02-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Wilt
Duncan
Bird
Jordan
Magic

Cal827
02-03-2015, 09:06 PM
PG: Jennings
SG: Harden
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Kevin Love
C: Bynum

If it's a game on my life, **** being defensive.

mngopher35
02-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Lebron
Jordan
Bird
Duncan
Wilt

goingfor28
02-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Magic
Jordan
LeBron
Wilt
Shaq

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Magic
Kobe
Bird
C Webb
Ben Wallace

valade16
02-03-2015, 09:15 PM
How on earth can you have a 'game on your life' and not pick Bird? I can't think of anyone else I'd want taking a shot with my life on the line.

PG: Magic
SG: MJ
SF: Bird
PF: Duncan
C: Olajuwan

Avenged
02-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Kobe

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 09:17 PM

Lol I feel you. You're either winning or losing by 30 with that squad!

Vee-Rex
02-03-2015, 09:25 PM
I go with a team that can gel and play smartly as well as defensively. Why have Lebron and Jordan on the same team? I'm picking a team that can potentially fit together the best, not just a team with the best players at each position.

PG - John Stockton. He'll play well enough defensively while being an incredible distributor. He can also spread the floor and kill the open 3-point shot better than Magic could.

SG - Michael Jordan. Not much needs to be said. He's the leader of my team and everyone around him will support him. Intense defender is crucial.

SF - Scottie Pippen. One of if not the best wing defender of all time. His game compliments MJ's. He can pass, rebound, and most importantly defend.

PF - Dennis Rodman. I need a POWER forward, some nastiness in the paint. Someone in that middle that will bang play after play. No offensive possession is ever dead with Rodman fighting for the offensive rebound. Give MJ and Scottie an extra attempt and it'll most likely be two points scored.

C - Hakeem the dream Olajuwon. Added offensive weapon, not to mention him being one of the best defensive centers of all time (best center of all time IMO). The Big Two-Way Red Machine. As complete of a center as anyone could ever be. He can spread the floor, take over offensively, rebound, block, steal, dribble extremely well, huge hands to catch touch passes, talented passer himself... the list goes on.

MJ, Hakeem, Scottie... they should be enough offensively to score big heaps. Every player has a ton of basketball IQ and are defensive juggernauts. My team beats any team. :)

GSRaider
02-03-2015, 09:26 PM
Gary Payton
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Tim Duncan
Shaq

Vee-Rex
02-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Gary Payton
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Tim Duncan
Shaq

I'll put my MJ on your Larry Bird and my Pippen on your MJ. My Rodman would be feeling Duncan up and down and giving him fits in the paint. My Olajuwon would outplay your Shaq.

Redrum187
02-03-2015, 09:32 PM
Why would you guys pick a bunch of old HOF'ers to play a game that your life depends on?

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kevin Durant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Tim Duncan
C : Marc Gasol

valade16
02-03-2015, 09:34 PM
I'll put my MJ on your Larry Bird and my Pippen on your MJ. My Rodman would be feeling Duncan up and down and giving him fits in the paint. My Olajuwon would outplay your Shaq.

A. Duncan could definitely get his against Rodman.

B. Olajuwan outplaying Shaq is definitely not a certainty...

Miltstar
02-03-2015, 09:35 PM
Magic
Jordan
Durant
Bird
Shaq

Redrum187
02-03-2015, 09:39 PM

I'll put Chris Paul on Stockton (who is old and slow now), Kevin Durant on Larry Bird (who is fat, old, and slow now), LeBron on MJ (who is a shell of his former self), Duncan on Rodman (who will be lucky to get 5 rebounds per 36 minutes now), and Gasol on Hakeem (who is old and slow now).

J_M_B
02-03-2015, 09:46 PM
Curry
Jordan
Bird
AD
Olajuwon

Wanted to add Durant but felt I could get more out of Bird with his passing and rebounding

Shammyguy3
02-03-2015, 09:49 PM
PG: Chauncey Billups
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Lebron James
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Tim Duncan

yessir

InRoseWeTrust
02-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Isaiah Thomas
MJ
Pippen
LeBron
Hakeem

Jeffy25
02-03-2015, 09:56 PM

You have to win one game. Your life is on the line. You need to roll five players to go win you this game with your life on the line. Who do you go with.

PG Lebron
SG Jordan
SF Durant
PF DRob
C Shaq

All-time?

I get them in their peak?

PG - Magic
SG - Jordan
SF - LeBron
PF - Duncan
C - Shaq

Magic and Duncan won't have any problem dishing the ball and Jordan and Shaq would be the first scoring options.

I don't think this team would do that well long term. But I think for one game, they would dominate. These are basically the five best players for their positions.

But to win long term (compared to other all-time great team options), I would want guys that play well off the ball, can live without it, and are strong defensive players with good spot up shooters.

This is a team where all five are going to want to the touch the ball and be key components. That's why long term, I would change that up.

If it was active players:

PG - Paul
SG - LeBron
SF - Durant
PF - Davis
C - Cousin

With Noah as my first bench guy

theGhost-isGone
02-03-2015, 09:58 PM
PG: Stockton
SF: Melo (from the Nugs days)
PF: Dirk
C: Duncan

rockets-fan
02-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Dragic (09-present)
Kobe (2001-2008)
Mcgrady (2001-2004)
Garnett ( 2001-2008)
Olajuwon (90-95)

Such a well balanced team! And none of these players other than Kobe need the ball to be effective, and even then Kobe was amazing on both ends of the floor so him handling the ball is a great thjng.

Dade County
02-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Stern, Jordan, refs = Win

Vee-Rex
02-03-2015, 10:09 PM
A. Duncan could definitely get his against Rodman.

B. Olajuwan outplaying Shaq is definitely not a certainty...

Sure Duncan would get his, but I just need Rodman to screw with him mentally and out-rebound him, both of which could happen.

One on one, Prime Shaq and Prime Olajuwon would go at each other but The Dream would better spread the floor for a driving MJ than Shaq would. His offensive arsenal is more dynamic than Shaq's, his defense better, and his IQ better.

So while they'd go at each other heads up, looking at it from a 'whoprovidesbetterforhisteam' perspective, Olajuwon is 10/10 a better choice than any center in the history of the game.

Edit: I'm just gonna say it. Olajuwon is the best center ever. If I were to start a franchise and had to pick a center I'd go with him. YEA I SAID IT!!!1111

lol

rockets-fan
02-03-2015, 10:34 PM
Sure Duncan would get his, but I just need Rodman to screw with him mentally and out-rebound him, both of which could happen.

One on one, Prime Shaq and Prime Olajuwon would go at each other but The Dream would better spread the floor for a driving MJ than Shaq would. His offensive arsenal is more dynamic than Shaq's, his defense better, and his IQ better.

So while they'd go at each other heads up, looking at it from a 'whoprovidesbetterforhisteam' perspective, Olajuwon is 10/10 a better choice than any center in the history of the game.

Edit: I'm just gonna say it. Olajuwon is the best center ever. If I were to start a franchise and had to pick a center I'd go with him. YEA I SAID IT!!!1111

lol

I would second you on that, the dream has no flaws to his game

InRoseWeTrust
02-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Not enough love for Hakeem here guys. Shame on all of you.

Kashmir13579
02-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Jeremy Lin
Gerry McNamara
Lebron
Melo
Rasheed

ohreally
02-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Isiah Thomas
MJ
Bird
Willis Reed
Kareem

kdspurman
02-03-2015, 11:55 PM

lol

Good luck with the bolded :)

The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson’s face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and then say, “Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass.” -Shaq

I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's ***, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp."
-Ron Artest

Jeffy25
02-04-2015, 12:03 AM

lol

I have to agree. Hakeem with Jordan would be better than Shaq with Jordan, but I think Shaq is a better all-time center. But Hakeem would win with Jordan before Shaq would.

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 12:08 AM
SF: James
C: Hakeem
SG: Jordan

Kaner
02-04-2015, 01:22 AM
C Tasmanian Devil
PF Daffy Duck
SF Lola Bunny
SG Michael Jordan
PG Bugs Bunny

Kaner
02-04-2015, 01:25 AM
pg: Billups
sg: Jordan
sf: Pippen
pf: Lebron

Bostonjorge
02-04-2015, 01:35 AM
PG. Jordan
SG. Kobe
SF. Dirk
PF. KG
C. SHAQ

meloman1592
02-04-2015, 01:54 AM
Chauncey Billups
Mj
Lebron
KG
Hakeem

meloman1592
02-04-2015, 01:54 AM
C Tasmanian Devil
PF Daffy Duck
SF Lola Bunny
SG Michael Jordan
PG Bugs Bunny

Pretty much

Trueblue2
02-04-2015, 02:03 AM
Payton
K. Thompson
Korver
Lebron
Pau

Elite passing from the 4 and 5, elite D at the PG, and the wings rain down threes from all the open looks created by the ball movement.

Replace GP with cp3 if its players as they are now and not prime players.

Vee-Rex
02-04-2015, 02:15 AM
Good luck with the bolded :)

Haha, didn't know that about Duncan, but I can say I'm not surprised.

Guess there's not much you can do when opposing Tim.

nastynice
02-04-2015, 02:43 AM
I'd put Jordan at SG, and Hakeem at C, then role players. Hmm, Klay Thompson, Dennis Rodman, and I dont know, some PG with savage *** defense and high fg%

M.Bibby2.0
02-04-2015, 02:49 AM
PG : Lebron
SG : MJ
SF : Durant
PF : Hakeem
C : David Robinson

All great 2 way players (maybe Durant not so much). I don't see this team losing.

Nick O
02-04-2015, 02:50 AM
Kyle Korver
thats it..

goingfor28
02-04-2015, 03:23 AM
Kobe
You died

goingfor28
02-04-2015, 03:25 AM
All time I take
Magic
Jordan
LeBron
Wilt
Shaq

Today I take
CP3
Steph
KD
LeBron
The Brow
Yes I'll take 2 point guards bc one is a great facilitator and the other a lights out shooter from anywhere on the court.

goingfor28
02-04-2015, 03:27 AM
C Tasmanian Devil
PF Daffy Duck
SF Lola Bunny
SG Michael Jordan
PG Bugs Bunny
You win this thread

raiderposting
02-04-2015, 04:06 AM
PG: Steph curry
SF: prime psycho Ron
PF: Hakeem
C: Bill Russell

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 04:09 AM
Magic
Kobe
Bird
C Webb
Ben Wallace

You died

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 04:11 AM
How on earth can you have a 'game on your life' and not pick Bird? I can't think of anyone else I'd want taking a shot with my life on the line.

I never have bird in my starting 5, but on my life, he almost made this one. He'd be my 6 man for sure. Hakeem would be my second.
Lebron/Magic
Mike/Tmac
Durant/Bird
Drob/Duncan
Sahq/Dream

tredigs
02-04-2015, 04:34 AM
PG: Curry
C: Hakeem

KB24PG16
02-04-2015, 04:58 AM
chucky atkins
janero pargo
jumaine jones
slava medvedenko
chris mihm

More-Than-Most
02-04-2015, 05:21 AM
PG - Magic
SG - Jordan
SF - LeBron
PF - Duncan
C - Shaq

More-Than-Most
02-04-2015, 05:22 AM
You died

:laugh:

Trueblue2
02-04-2015, 06:38 AM
Stockton
Allen
Artest
Rodman
Duncan

Good luck scoring and rebounding against that team.

Only thing Id be worried about is Rodman and Artest getting two technicals a piece (or sucker punching multiple fans/elbowing other players) and getting booted. In the highly likely case that one or both of them gets ejected Rodmans alternate is Malone(reuniting perhaps the greatest offensive PG/PF combo we've ever seen), Artests alternate is Reggie miller (putting together perhaps the best 3pt shooting pair of wings in NBA history). I couldn't think of any alternates that would match their defensive presence and on court intensity so I went another way with the alternates.

I'm going for teams that actually fit together with this not just listing one of the top 3 all time at each position.

Jeffy25
02-04-2015, 07:33 AM
Why are so many people voting for billups?

R. Johnson#3
02-04-2015, 08:23 AM
Really surprised to see the lack of Bill Russell here.

PG: Isaiah Thomas
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Bill Russell
C: Wilt Chamberlain

PhillyFaninLA
02-04-2015, 08:39 AM
Stockton
MJ
Pippen
Duncan
Hakeem

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Why are you putting LBJ at PG when Jordan was a better distributor and you have Magic who was just as big and was an actual point guard?

PG: Stockton (can shoot, pass without turning the ball over, and guard the passing lanes)
SG: Jordan (best defender ever at the SG spot, and also be best scorer who is clutch and can create)
SF: Bird (long-range shooting, great rebounding and passing, smart, though not athletic defender; puts wining first)
PF: Kevin Garnett (solid jump shoot and post player, amazing rebounder stoic defender)
C: Duncan (great jump and and post game, legendary defender, reliable double-digit rebounder)

Jordan and Bird do most of the scoring, Stockton gets to distribute, the front court lets everybody do what they want on offense, but forces defenders to play them honest and open things up for others. Jordan, Garnett and Duncan all legendary defenders, and Bird and Stockton both get steals like crazy. Not sure if there is a line-up that could top that in terms of talent and chemistry.

valade16
02-04-2015, 09:57 AM
I never have bird in my starting 5, but on my life, he almost made this one. He'd be my 6 man for sure. Hakeem would be my second.
Lebron/Magic
Mike/Tmac
Durant/Bird
Drob/Duncan
Sahq/Dream

Yeah it changes it a little bit. I would never put Kobe on my starting 5 but I seriously considered him for this only because if it's for my life, I want people who are the most competitive and hate losing the most. Whatever I can get for that edge.

IBleedPurple
02-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Magic
Jordan
Kobe
Rodman
Shaq

Hawkeye15
02-04-2015, 10:21 AM
I go with a team that can gel and play smartly as well as defensively. Why have Lebron and Jordan on the same team? I'm picking a team that can potentially fit together the best, not just a team with the best players at each position.

PG - John Stockton. He'll play well enough defensively while being an incredible distributor. He can also spread the floor and kill the open 3-point shot better than Magic could.

SG - Michael Jordan. Not much needs to be said. He's the leader of my team and everyone around him will support him. Intense defender is crucial.

SF - Scottie Pippen. One of if not the best wing defender of all time. His game compliments MJ's. He can pass, rebound, and most importantly defend.

PF - Dennis Rodman. I need a POWER forward, some nastiness in the paint. Someone in that middle that will bang play after play. No offensive possession is ever dead with Rodman fighting for the offensive rebound. Give MJ and Scottie an extra attempt and it'll most likely be two points scored.

C - Hakeem the dream Olajuwon. Added offensive weapon, not to mention him being one of the best defensive centers of all time (best center of all time IMO). The Big Two-Way Red Machine. As complete of a center as anyone could ever be. He can spread the floor, take over offensively, rebound, block, steal, dribble extremely well, huge hands to catch touch passes, talented passer himself... the list goes on.

MJ, Hakeem, Scottie... they should be enough offensively to score big heaps. Every player has a ton of basketball IQ and are defensive juggernauts. My team beats any team. :)

oh, I like this team

Hawkeye15
02-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Why are you putting LBJ at PG when Jordan was a better distributor and you have Magic who was just as big and was an actual point guard?

PG: Stockton (can shoot, pass without turning the ball over, and guard the passing lanes)
SG: Jordan (best defender ever at the SG spot, and also be best scorer who is clutch and can create)
SF: Bird (long-range shooting, great rebounding and passing, smart, though not athletic defender; puts wining first)
PF: Kevin Garnett (solid jump shoot and post player, amazing rebounder stoic defender)
C: Duncan (great jump and and post game, legendary defender, reliable double-digit rebounder)

Jordan and Bird do most of the scoring, Stockton gets to distribute, the front court lets everybody do what they want on offense, but forces defenders to play them honest and open things up for others. Jordan, Garnett and Duncan all legendary defenders, and Bird and Stockton both get steals like crazy. Not sure if there is a line-up that could top that in terms of talent and chemistry.

uhhhh, no

nickdymez
02-04-2015, 10:23 AM
People ive seen win the big game more than lose them:

Magic
Kobe
Jordan
Duncan
Shaq

Hawkeye15
02-04-2015, 10:25 AM
People ive seen win the big game more than lose them:

Magic
Kobe
Jordan
Duncan
Shaq

I don't think there is anyway possible Jordan and Kobe would co-exist on the same team.

nickdymez
02-04-2015, 10:27 AM
I don't think there is anyway possible Jordan and Kobe would co-exist on the same team.
I don't care what you think

Hawkeye15
02-04-2015, 10:30 AM
I don't care what you think

I know that....you like to talk to yourself basically, and don't agree with anyone

you know though, after the Olympics a few years back, I think Kobe would be willing to give up shot attempts, and focus on defending and taking care of the ball in a do or die game, so it might work for a game. I just don't think it would work for a season. Such overlapping skillsets, and two guys who want to shoot 25 times a game.

ATX
02-04-2015, 10:34 AM
I'm going to go with players that could help right now since I didn't go on Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

S. Curry
K. Durant
L. James
A. Davis
M. Gasol

nickdymez
02-04-2015, 10:37 AM
I know that....you like to talk to yourself basically, and don't agree with anyone

you know though, after the Olympics a few years back, I think Kobe would be willing to give up shot attempts, and focus on defending and taking care of the ball in a do or die game, so it might work for a game. I just don't think it would work for a season. Such overlapping skillsets, and two guys who want to shoot 25 times a game.
I talk to myself on here because I'm one of the only guys here who knows basketball. You sure don't. You don't know anything about what kobe would do. There isn't an advanced stat to tell you how kobe would play in this situation, therefore I don't care what you think because you don't know.

Alayla
02-04-2015, 10:39 AM
Damn im betting my life? in that case at peak
Payton
Miller (more experience than curry right now)
Cooper
KG
Wilt

Good balance of scoring and defense no particularly selfish players and looks like a team where the ball will actually move around they would slow the game down and force you to be at your best.

Alayla
02-04-2015, 10:44 AM
I talk to myself on here because I'm one of the only guys here who knows basketball. You sure don't. You don't know anything about what kobe would do. There isn't an advanced stat to tell you how kobe would play in this situation, therefore I don't care what you think because you don't know.

But there is kobes actions as a person no way i put my life on kobe taking a *team* role in a group surrounded by stars and definitely don't put Jordan Magic and Kobe together, your betting because you can get to the rim at will you never need floor spacing or passing and i wouldn't bet my life on a science experiment.

nickdymez
02-04-2015, 10:47 AM
But there is kobes actions as a person no way i put my life on kobe taking a *team* role in a group surrounded by stars and definitely don't put Jordan Magic and Kobe together, your betting because you can get to the rim at will you never need floor spacing or passing and i wouldn't bet my life on a science experiment.
So kobe on Olympic team doesn't count? Even though all the players on that team said kobe was the ultimate teammate?

Alayla
02-04-2015, 10:51 AM
So kobe on Olympic team doesn't count? Even though all the players on that team said kobe was the ultimate teammate?

You do Realise Jodan and Kobe would more or less just take possessions from each other right? they are the same type of player and having both is not only reduntant but outright stupid thats why im calling this a Science experiment. Both where also not great career 3 point shooters by HOF standards and its not like Magic is pulling any weight there... dont you want more versatility?

Hawkeye15
02-04-2015, 10:56 AM

Well, I am happy for you that you are so confident in your knowledge of the game. Btw, you don't have a player on your team that can hit a 3 if there life depended on it.

nickdymez
02-04-2015, 10:58 AM
Well, I am happy for you that you are so confident in your knowledge of the game. Btw, you don't have a player on your team that can hit a 3 if there life depended on it.
Lol. Kobe can't hit a 3 if his life depended on it? Go talk to these kids on here please.

J_M_B
02-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Lol. Kobe can't hit a 3 if his life depended on it? Go talk to these kids on here please.

Sure he can hit one .. not at an efficient clip though

nickdymez
02-04-2015, 11:05 AM
sure he can hit one .. Not at an efficient clip though
it's one ****in game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

valade16
02-04-2015, 11:15 AM

There has never been anyone, in the history of time, that claimed they were the only one who knew the subject matter being discussed and actually knew more than the people he was talking to.

Actually, if you're going douchebag hunting, the preferred method is to wait for one to say "I know more about X subject than anyone here".

YAALREADYKNO
02-04-2015, 11:20 AM
PG-Jason Kidd-smart PG who can knock down some 3pt shots and defend the a PG or SG
SG-Kobe Bryant-One of the most clutch player and one of the best closers in NBA history
SF-Lebron James-Can defend multiple positions and can do it all offensively Pass, Rebound, Score
PF-Dirk Nowitzki- One of the greatest shooters in NBA history spreads the floor a closer and clutch
C-Shaquille O'neal- The most dominant big man of all time and a underrated shot blocker

I'd go with this starting 5 to save my life lol

nickdymez
02-04-2015, 11:28 AM
There has never been anyone, in the history of time, that claimed they were the only one who knew the subject matter being discussed and actually knew more than the people he was talking to.

Actually, if you're going douchebag hunting, the preferred method is to wait for one to say "I know more about X subject than anyone here".
You're welcome

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 11:56 AM

Somebody on his team has the record for most 3's made in a single game.

RLundi
02-04-2015, 12:07 PM
Doesn't it depend on who it's against? Anyway, I'd want champions, excellent floor spacing, good free throw shooting and the best competitors, hence why I didn't choose LeBron or Shaq. Anyway, my team would be:

Duncan
Dirk
Pippen
Jordan
Magic

valade16
02-04-2015, 12:50 PM
Doesn't it depend on who it's against? Anyway, I'd want champions, excellent floor spacing, good free throw shooting and the best competitors, hence why I didn't choose LeBron or Shaq. Anyway, my team would be:

Duncan
Dirk
Pippen
Jordan
Magic

There can be no team of best competitors that doesn't have Larry Bird on it. Heck, Larry fits all of your criteria. You should swap Dirk with Larry at the 4.

archdevil84
02-04-2015, 12:55 PM
PG Wade (in his prime)
SG Jordan
SF Lebron
PF Duncan
C Hakeem over shaq because i dont want shaq on the free throw line with my life depending on it

valade16
02-04-2015, 01:01 PM
PG Wade (in his prime)
SG Jordan
SF Lebron
PF Duncan
C Hakeem over shaq because i dont want shaq on the free throw line with my life depending on it

Neither does Shaq :laugh2:

Jarvo
02-04-2015, 01:06 PM
Shaq
Duncan
Lebron
Jordan
Iverson

Hawkeye15
02-04-2015, 01:11 PM

even an ugly dude gets the hot chick once in the bluest moon

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 01:15 PM

Right. Probably a longevity thing.....

valade16
02-04-2015, 01:23 PM

From 03 to 09 Kobe averaged 35.1% from 3 on 4.9 attempts. Not great by any stretch (especially in an all-time comparison) but certainly not terrible.

Hawkeye15
02-04-2015, 01:24 PM

even Jordan hit like 6 bombs in the first half of a finals game, I am simply saying, that group doesn't have any floor spreaders. Did Kobe, Magic, or Jordan occasionally have a hot night from 3? Sure. You betting they will every night? Their numbers don't lie...

Hawkeye15
02-04-2015, 01:26 PM
From 03 to 09 Kobe averaged 35.1% from 3 on 4.9 attempts. Not great by any stretch (especially in an all-time comparison) but certainly not terrible.

what I mean is, why not throw Bird in there? Or a PG that can stretch the floor? And why on earth would you have Kobe AND Jordan on the same team?

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 01:27 PM

When you factor in degree of difficulty that's actually damn good. This isn't Korver coming off a pick for a wide open set three. This is somebody hitting pull ups, off shot fakes, falling out of bounds fade aways, and game winners.....

I'm no stat geek but I would bet if you could compare his set shot 3 pointers vs his off dribble stuff there'd be a big disparity in shooting percentage.

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 01:31 PM

even Jordan hit like 6 bombs in the first half of a finals game, I am simply saying, that group doesn't have any floor spreaders. Did Kobe, Magic, or Jordan occasionally have a hot night from 3? Sure. You betting they will every night? Their numbers don't lie...

Its one game bro. I'd take that bet any day

tredigs
02-04-2015, 01:32 PM
We know what Kobe does in the most high pressure situations, and we have a good sample set (the Finals). He shoots 41% from the field and 33% from three. That's a combo of being #1/#2 option and over 800 field goals plus nearly 150 threes. Personally, not who I want in a one or done, that's for damn sure.

tredigs
02-04-2015, 01:36 PM
For reference, MJ shot 48% from the field (911 attempts) and 37% from three (114 attempts) in the Finals. 34/6/6 and just 2.4 TO's overall. That... I trust.

valade16
02-04-2015, 01:40 PM
what I mean is, why not throw Bird in there? Or a PG that can stretch the floor? And why on earth would you have Kobe AND Jordan on the same team?

Oh I agree, that is terrible team construction lol. Also, on the Dream Team both Magic and Jordan felt like they were the best so it pushed both of them to be the best but also share the ball. I get the feeling Jordan and Kobe on the same team would be the same scenario except instead of sharing both would attempt to single handedly take the game over to prove they were better to the detriment of the team.

When you factor in degree of difficulty that's actually damn good. This isn't Korver coming off a pick for a wide open set three. This is somebody hitting pull ups, off shot fakes, falling out of bounds fade aways, and game winners.....

I'm no stat geek but I would bet if you could compare his set shot 3 pointers vs his off dribble stuff there'd be a big disparity in shooting percentage.

The problem with Kobe though is even if he is way better at set up 3 pointers you have to live with the fact that he's going to take the turnaround, step back, pull up, ill advised 3 pointers.

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 01:54 PM
All I know is my Magic man is getting everybody open shots off the break or posting up your pg, Kobe is giving you buckets and locking up your wing, Larry Legend is giving us every big 3 we need, C Webb and Magic are working a ridiculous two man game, Big Ben is there strictly to own the boards and block shots.

Game. Blouses.

tredigs
02-04-2015, 01:59 PM
All I know is my Magic man is getting everybody open shots off the break or posting up your pg, Kobe is giving you buckets and locking up your wing, Larry Legend is giving us every big 3 we need, C Webb and Magic are working a ridiculous two man game, Big Ben is there strictly to own the boards and block shots.

Game. Blouses.

Well, at least you got the conclusion right.

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 02:18 PM

Game. Blouses.

Well, at least you got the conclusion right.

Then we're making pancakes for your team!

RAPS424
02-04-2015, 02:22 PM
Magic
Jordan
Pippen
Timmy D
DRob

That's defence ! And offence !

Hawkeye15
02-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Then we're making pancakes for your team!

haha

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 02:31 PM
PG Wade (in his prime)
SG Jordan
SF Lebron
PF Duncan

That was my only fear, but I felt the constant double and triple teams he would attract as well as the fouls i could rack up on the opposing team and lets not forget him being unguardable one on one would be worth the trade-off.

cmellofan15
02-04-2015, 02:34 PM
PF: LeBron
C: Wilt

made the tough decision of leaving out TD, but there's no way in hell Bird isn't playing in the game for my life.

current players

PG: Steph
SF: Durant
PF: Lebron
C: Marc Gasol

**** back court defense, I'll just take the most explosive back court and see if the other side could match it offensively.

Sactown
02-04-2015, 02:35 PM
The monstars

Hawkeye15
02-04-2015, 02:37 PM
Stockton
Jordan
Bird
Rodman
Kareem

after thinking about it, that is my team.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Stockton
Jordan
Bird
Rodman
Kareem

after thinking about it, that is my team.

I understand Worm, but I just couldn't take him over Drob, Dream, Duncan. I mean Rodman's on ball defense on smaller players would be better, and yes he is a rebounding machine, but if Dream, Drob, or Tim focused on rebounding and didn't try to score at all, I think they could come very close. Also the 4.5 blocks a game and probably 15-20 block attempts that would create bad shots from Drob and Hakeem would make me feel like they would end up being more of a defensive presence. Then factor in they can score. But again I feel ya, and with the scorers on your squad, its not like you need the Worm to get single point to drop 130 on a team with ease.

hidalgo
02-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Dennis Rodman
Scottie Pippen
Luc Longley
Michael Jordan
Ron Harper

cmellofan15
02-04-2015, 03:14 PM
I think that Rodman's effort and intensity in a single game would be unparalleled so I can see why you chose him Hawk.

Chronz
02-04-2015, 05:00 PM
One thing nobody ever mentions in these parameters, do we have clones of these guys or am I the only one who can pick MJ? If my opponent gets to choose the same players then it really depends on who gets to pick first. Theres the advantage of picking the best player first, but later in the rounds you can start targeting players that can exploit their selections.

Anyways, without knowing the rules, they gotta mesh and have an identity so mine would be much different than most.

Curry
MJ
Pippen
Bird
Dream

Really dont know about Pippen and Im on the fence with Curry but I cant think of any other 3-D athlete. Others are definitely better from range than Pippen but none come close to matching his defensive prowess. Curry is Kerr on roids. Everyone of my players are 2-way guys with only Bird and possibly Curry as the only 1 on 1 guys you could attack, them and Pippen if you abuse him in the post. Which Im guessing is why Im not trusting my Pip selection.

Thats my team if Im assuming no one else gets to pick my guys.

If we have clones of these guys and they combat my team then it really depends on who they choose.

JAZZNC
02-04-2015, 05:10 PM
Stockton
Ray Allen
MJ
Lebron
Hakeem

Boom.

RLundi
02-04-2015, 05:46 PM
There can be no team of best competitors that doesn't have Larry Bird on it. Heck, Larry fits all of your criteria. You should swap Dirk with Larry at the 4.

I don't disagree but I picked Dirk because of his shooting. Bird is a great shooter in his own right but I think Dirk is a little bit better, negligibly though. Either way, you can't go wrong with either choice. Bird is the better player and nearly as good a shooter.

So yeah, you can def go with Bird here. No problems from me.

alexander_37
02-04-2015, 06:04 PM
Payton
Jordan
Bird
Duncan
Hakeem

It's hard to leave Lebron off but Jordan is the primary ball handler, Bird is my big shot, clutch bucket guy when they tighten down on Jordan. Payton/Jordan can shut down any wing duo they have and rattle their best players.

Duncan/Hakeem is the most dominant post duo ever, you may be able to guard one with a guy like Russell but you can't take down both.

kdspurman
02-04-2015, 06:20 PM
Payton
Jordan
Bird
Duncan
Hakeem

It's hard to leave Lebron off but Jordan is the primary ball handler, Bird is my big shot, clutch bucket guy when they tighten down on Jordan. Payton/Jordan can shut down any wing duo they have and rattle their best players.

Duncan/Hakeem is the most dominant post duo ever, you may be able to guard one with a guy like Russell but you can't take down both.

I almost used this exact lineup when thinking about it lol, (I wanted to go with Payton @ the PG spot)

I thought maybe going:

Payton
Jordan
Pippen
Bird
Duncan

I wanted Dream in there with Timmy, I figured Payton/Jordan/Pippen would be great defensively on the wings, and putting Larry @ the 4 stretches the floor. But Duncan/Dream would be able to clean up just about anything. So idk... lol

naps
02-04-2015, 06:38 PM
Jordan
Ray
Bird
Hakeem
Russell

Scoring. Distant shooting. Clutchness. 2 defensive anchors to make the paint a safe house. One of the best wing defenders ever, if not the best. And supreme IQ.

Yes, Jordan is my PG. I see no reason why he wouldn't be able to it as good as anyone against any other PG for a game. May be people are gonna question Ray and Bird because of their defense but you have to remember I have got 2 guys waiting inside to clean up any defensive blunders coming from the wing. Ray and Bird are probably two of the greatest clutch shooters ever, in case Jordan gets trapped by double/triple teams in the crunch times, he has two of the finest options to pass it to. I could use sexier names here but honestly this is the best I could come up with in terms of complementing each others game perfectly while maintaining greatness at both ends of the floor.

Nick O
02-04-2015, 07:15 PM
i wouldnt pick shaq either cause id be afraid the other team would just foul him.

Stockton
Allen
Jordan
Malone
Hakeem

get Stockton and MAlone together again. with Hakeem, MJ ad the greatest 3 pt shooter of all time. id be good.

curtcocaine
02-04-2015, 07:31 PM
Chris Paul- the general with great D
Klay Thompson- off ball assassin with great D
Kawai Lenoard- isnt ball dominant still effective and great D
Lebron James -another player that can break down a defense hit the three and has great D
Dream- no hack a Shaq

Inside outside not to mant ball dominant players this team would mesh.

Goose17
02-04-2015, 07:34 PM
The '96 Bulls.
The '14 Spurs
or the '05 Spurs.

nickdymez
02-04-2015, 08:31 PM
i wouldnt pick shaq either cause id be afraid the other team would just foul him.

Stockton
Allen
Jordan
Malone
Hakeem

get Stockton and MAlone together again. with Hakeem, MJ ad the greatest 3 pt shooter of all time. id be good.

Basketball iq on this team is through the roof

SPURSFAN1
02-04-2015, 08:34 PM
All-time?

I get them in their peak?

PG - Magic
SG - Jordan
SF - LeBron
PF - Duncan
C - Shaq

Magic and Duncan won't have any problem dishing the ball and Jordan and Shaq would be the first scoring options.

I don't think this team would do that well long term. But I think for one game, they would dominate. These are basically the five best players for their positions.

But to win long term (compared to other all-time great team options), I would want guys that play well off the ball, can live without it, and are strong defensive players with good spot up shooters.

This is a team where all five are going to want to the touch the ball and be key components. That's why long term, I would change that up.

If it was active players:

PG - Paul
SG - LeBron
SF - Durant
PF - Davis
C - Cousin

With Noah as my first bench guy

This is my same 5 players. No one in the ****ing world can beat this starting 5.

SPURSFAN1
02-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Only one other person picked that combination.

Seizabmc
02-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Jason Kidd
Jordan
Lebron
Tim Duncan
The dream

Coached by red Holman

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 09:42 PM
I would not have Shaq in an All time top 5. He's a great player but when you have a stacked team, you want the absolute best team players. Shaq was just a dominating pass me the ball and I'll destroy them player. Hakeem/KG/TD/Kareem are my frontcourt choices.

KnicksorBust
02-04-2015, 09:43 PM

One of the smartest lineups. Your team would have great chemistry. The only change I would make is that I would put Chris Paul at PG instead of Magic. That team needs another perimeter shooter and Paul is far superior to Magic as an off-ball threat. He's also valuable as a two-way player and obviously can hold his own as a distributor.

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 09:46 PM
There's really no wrong answer. Just way too many players to pick. Duncan or KG, Bird or LeBron, Magic or CP3. The only position I think that is set in stone is MJ. No way you don't take him.

More-Than-Most
02-04-2015, 10:00 PM
There's really no wrong answer. Just way too many players to pick. Duncan or KG, Bird or LeBron, Magic or CP3. The only position I think that is set in stone is MJ. No way you don't take him.

and Shaq to me... Start a team with these 2 and the rest can interchange a bit.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 10:08 PM
One thing nobody ever mentions in these parameters, do we have clones of these guys or am I the only one who can pick MJ? If my opponent gets to choose the same players then it really depends on who gets to pick first. Theres the advantage of picking the best player first, but later in the rounds you can start targeting players that can exploit their selections.

Anyways, without knowing the rules, they gotta mesh and have an identity so mine would be much different than most.

Curry
MJ
Pippen
Bird
Dream

Really dont know about Pippen and Im on the fence with Curry but I cant think of any other 3-D athlete. Others are definitely better from range than Pippen but none come close to matching his defensive prowess. Curry is Kerr on roids. Everyone of my players are 2-way guys with only Bird and possibly Curry as the only 1 on 1 guys you could attack, them and Pippen if you abuse him in the post. Which Im guessing is why Im not trusting my Pip selection.

Thats my team if Im assuming no one else gets to pick my guys.

If we have clones of these guys and they combat my team then it really depends on who they choose.

Good point. No clones. No one can pick your guys. You would not be facing anyone you picked.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 10:18 PM
Jason Kidd
Jordan
Lebron
Tim Duncan
The dream

Coached by red Holman

PG Lebron
SG Mike
SF Durant
PF Drob
C Shaq

Coached by Pop

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 10:22 PM
and Shaq to me... Start a team with these 2 and the rest can interchange a bit.

I don't think you need much to work with Shaq, though. You just pass him the ball and he'll dominate anyone. On defense, he isn't really great. He's just a big body who hits you hard if you come to the paint.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 10:23 PM
I would not have Shaq in an All time top 5. He's a great player but when you have a stacked team, you want the absolute best team players. Shaq was just a dominating pass me the ball and I'll destroy them player. Hakeem/KG/TD/Kareem are my frontcourt choices.

I disagree. He can't be guarded one on one. He has to be doubled if he gets the ball in his spot. If you don't double him the you have to foul him. The whole first quarter I go down low to Shaq and get your team in foul trouble. If you don't foul then he's either scoring every time or your doubling. Which means your leaving another all time great wide open every play. Which mean you loose.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 10:31 PM
I don't think you need much to work with Shaq, though. You just pass him the ball and he'll dominate anyone. On defense, he isn't really great. He's just a big body who hits you hard if you come to the paint.

Shaq is underrated defensively. When your scoring 40 and grabbing another 20 boards and your putting up with Kobe Bryant's bull crap game in and game out, there are going to be spurts where you become a little lax on defense. But when he dug down and wanted to stop you, he was probably the scariest defensive anchor in the game at a time when Drob and Dream were in there prime.

JasonJohnHorn
02-04-2015, 10:33 PM
uhhhh, no

LBJ's assists per36 is a little over one more than Jordan, but he turnovers per36 are also .5 higher, and Jordan took three more shots per36 on his career... so LBJ's turnover rate negates the extra assists. That's looking at the stat side of it. Watching them play, they are both great passers, close to equal, but as a point guard, I'd take Jordan over LBJ because not only is Jordan a slightly better passer (and I do mean slightly), he's also got better handles than LBJ. That's not meant as a knock on LBJ. We are talking an elite level for both obviously, but watching with the ball in his hand... I think most would agree when it came to handling the ball, Jordan was better. So if I'm picking one as a point guard, I'll go with Jordan.

But we should focus on what we agree one. We both have Stockton Jordan and Bird at 1, 2 and 3.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 10:47 PM
LBJ's assists per36 is a little over one more than Jordan, but he turnovers per36 are also .5 higher, and Jordan took three more shots per36 on his career... so LBJ's turnover rate negates the extra assists. That's looking at the stat side of it. Watching them play, they are both great passers, close to equal, but as a point guard, I'd take Jordan over LBJ because not only is Jordan a slightly better passer (and I do mean slightly), he's also got better handles than LBJ. That's not meant as a knock on LBJ. We are talking an elite level for both obviously, but watching with the ball in his hand... I think most would agree when it came to handling the ball, Jordan was better. So if I'm picking one as a point guard, I'll go with Jordan.

But we should focus on what we agree one. We both have Stockton Jordan and Bird at 1, 2 and 3.

Without going into who is a passer between Mike and Bron (because we disagree but its cool) I'd rather have Bron and Jordan in my back court over Stockton and Jordan. I don't think a scorer like Jordan, would benefit from having Stockton on the squad. I think Jordan and Bron playing a two man game where both are able to make the best play on any given play (pass or score) would be more effective than Stockton bringing the ball up every time and knowing he's going to pass 95% of the time. I'm playing position less basketball. With a lot of ball and player movement. I'm not going to have one guy just take turns picking and rolling with different guys.

Plus if Stockton has to guard Lebron...:laugh:...mission accomplished. I want 5 smart 5 tool players who can do everything. No specialists. Accept Shaq because his specialty is the most dominating thing in NBA history. And Shaq also has a high IQ. I'm looking for a team where every player is capable of getting 30/10/7/4/2. No specific role. Just go out and ball, and make the right play and defend everyone.

KnicksorBust
02-04-2015, 10:55 PM

I disagree. He can't be guarded one on one. He has to be doubled if he gets the ball in his spot. If you don't double him the you have to foul him. The whole first quarter I go down low to Shaq and get your team in foul trouble. If you don't foul then he's either scoring every time or your doubling. Which means your leaving another all time great wide open every play. Which mean you loose.

Prime Hakeem would do just fine on Shaq and he'd make him work on defense. Also depends which all-time players you have on the wing. Those of you taking Magic/Pippen/Jordan aren't frightening me too much. That's why guys like CP3 and Bird should be damn near locks.

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 10:56 PM

That's the point. He's a player who doesn't require much of a team to work with. Just pass him the ball and he'll dominate. While that's a good thing, I would much rather have a team that is collectively moving the ball.

Shaq is underrated defensively. When your scoring 40 and grabbing another 20 boards and your putting up with Kobe Bryant's bull crap game in and game out, there are going to be spurts where you become a little lax on defense. But when he dug down and wanted to stop you, he was probably the scariest defensive anchor in the game at a time when Drob and Dream were in there prime.

Shaq wasn't great at defense. He was great at protecting the paint because he was so big and well, he would occasionally hit you HARD for coming at him. He's also lazy - which is a trait you have to take with you when you orchestrate this five man team. Not to mention his team defense was beyond awful. He would quit on pick-and-roll plays. Maybe out of laziness? In the totality of it, Shaq was more of a presence defender than a skilled defender. It's why he's the only top 5 center who isn't known for amazing defense (Hakeem, Kareem, Wilt, Robinson) were all much better defenders than Shaq. Let's not forget that Shaq couldn't shoot free throws at all. I'd much rather take Kareem or Hakeem in a 5v5 team game than Shaq. I don't want to hear it about underrated because of who he played with. Good luck getting those shots with Jordan/Bron/Duncan/Magic on your team.. Not gonna happen. Like Shaq always said, he wasn't a smart player. He was just dominant. In a team game with other legends, you need players with high IQ.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Prime Hakeem would do just fine on Shaq and he'd make him work on defense. Also depends which all-time players you have on the wing. Those of you taking Magic/Pippen/Jordan aren't frightening me too much. That's why guys like CP3 and Bird should be damn near locks.

What you think about Bron/Jordan/Durant as my 1,2,3? I don't believe Hakeem solo guard Shaq. With help defense he would do fine, but not by himself over and over again.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 11:03 PM
That's the point. He's a player who doesn't require much of a team to work with. Just pass him the ball and he'll dominate. While that's a good thing, I would much rather have a team that is collectively moving the ball.

Shaq wasn't great at defense. He was great at protecting the paint because he was so big and well, he would occasionally hit you HARD for coming at him. He's also lazy - which is a trait you have to take with you when you orchestrate this five man team. Not to mention his team defense was beyond awful. He would quit on pick-and-roll plays. Maybe out of laziness? In the totality of it, Shaq was more of a presence defender than a skilled defender. It's why he's the only top 5 center who isn't known for amazing defense (Hakeem, Kareem, Wilt, Robinson) were all much better defenders than Shaq. Let's not forget that Shaq couldn't shoot free throws at all. I'd much rather take Kareem or Hakeem in a 5v5 team game than Shaq. I don't want to hear it about underrated because of who he played with. Good luck getting those shots with Jordan/Bron/Duncan/Magic on your team.. Not gonna happen. Like Shaq always said, he wasn't a smart player. He was just dominant. In a team game with other legends, you need players with high IQ.

Lazy after putting up 40 and 20. Which in context is not lazy at all. If he only needs to get you 18/18 he will be a monster on defense.

KnicksorBust
02-04-2015, 11:07 PM

What you think about Bron/Jordan/Durant as my 1,2,3? I don't believe Hakeem solo guard Shaq. With help defense he would do fine, but not by himself over and over again.

I think Durant is a very underrated pick in this game because he's hyper competitive, unselfish and would be great off the ball. Don't forget Shaq would have to check Hakeem on the other end he famously abused Shaq scoring over 30ppg in every game of a 4 game sweep (poor Nick Anderson) of Shaq's Magic in the mid 90s. :)

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 11:15 PM

Lazy after putting up 40 and 20. Which in context is not lazy at all. If he only needs to get you 18/18 he will be a monster on defense.

That's just more assumptions after assumption. You have absolutely zero chance at proving any of that. That's like saying if James Harden didn't have to be relied on as heavily, he would be a lockdown defender. That's just absurd. Shaq even admitted on numerous occasions that he wants to be fed and essentially implied that defense wasn't as important to him as offense. Also, everyone including die-hard Shaq fans like myself knows that he was lazy. Anyone can tell you that. Phil Jackson included. Kobe may be an *** but it's more-so because of his competitive nature. If he calls you out for being lazy, it's probably true. And he did call Shaq out.

jp611
02-04-2015, 11:19 PM
Harper
Jordan
Pippen
Rodman
Longley

Shammyguy3
02-04-2015, 11:19 PM
I'd like to bump my lineup to get others' thoughts:

Chauncey Billups
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan

flattoprules21
02-04-2015, 11:29 PM
Wilt
Russell
Lebron
Jordan
Curry

Nick O
02-04-2015, 11:31 PM
IF MY LIFES ON THE LINE and we get a 6th man.... 100% am i picking Robert Horry.. if it comes down to it im outtin him in. Big shot bob id trust with my life

KnicksorBust
02-04-2015, 11:45 PM

Chauncey Billups
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan

I'd counter with Billups, MJ, LeBron, Wilt, Shaq and watch Wilt bully Dirk down low into oblivion. :)

KnicksorBust
02-04-2015, 11:48 PM
You have absolutely zero chance at proving any of that.

If everything we debated could be easily proven what kind of fun would that be? :)

alexander_37
02-04-2015, 11:57 PM
Payton
Jordan
Bird
Duncan
Hakeem

Now that I think of it I take the Big O over Payton.

cmellofan15
02-04-2015, 11:59 PM

Chauncey Billups
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan

it's so weird thinking of Dirk and Chauncey with another superstar... that's what makes me uneasy about it. Dirk is a liability on defense but that's the only weakness I can see here. that back court with LeBron would be nasty though.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 12:01 AM
If everything we debated could be easily proven what kind of fun would that be? :)

That's true but to say Shaq would have been much better at defense if he had other teammates? I don't get that. Some players just don't enjoy playing defense and Shaq was one of them. He liked to dominate on the offensive end. When you talk about Shaq, you talk about him absolutely demoralizing his counterpart position. you take the good with the bad and in this case, you take Shaq's defense as well. Hakeem was a much better all around player and that's what settled it in for me.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 12:29 AM
That's just more assumptions after assumption. You have absolutely zero chance at proving any of that. That's like saying if James Harden didn't have to be relied on as heavily, he would be a lockdown defender. That's just absurd. Shaq even admitted on numerous occasions that he wants to be fed and essentially implied that defense wasn't as important to him as offense. Also, everyone including die-hard Shaq fans like myself knows that he was lazy. Anyone can tell you that. Phil Jackson included. Kobe may be an *** but it's more-so because of his competitive nature. If he calls you out for being lazy, it's probably true. And he did call Shaq out.

Being lazy and not being able to are different though. Shaq has played great defense at times. Harden really has not. Im not assuming Shaq can play good defense. Ive seen him play great defense and be a monster in the middle. Mostly his first two years before he realized he can dominate the NBA. But he was fully capable.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 12:35 AM

Chauncey Billups
Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan

I like the team. I think Prime CP3 and Gary Payton would be upgrades for what your trying to do out there but prime Mr. big shot can get it done. I know your big on spacing and fit and I think both CP3 and Payton would be upgrades and you'd still have the same type of team.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 12:38 AM
Being lazy and not being able to are different though. Shaq has played great defense at times. Harden really has not. Im not assuming Shaq can play good defense. Ive seen him play great defense and be a monster in the middle. Mostly his first two years before he realized he can dominate the NBA. But he was fully capable.

Dude.. his own coach/teammate said he was lazy and Shaq himself has implied many times that if he wasn't fed the ball, he slacked off. When you're with James, Jordan, Magic, and Duncan, you aren't getting the ball as if you're the first option.. everyone can and will get the ball. If Shaq was lazy and that's how his defense was being played, then it's his own fault. I'm judging it by what I saw from him and the majority of the time, Shaq was a mediocre defender. In terms of paint presence, he was a GREAT defender because he would hammer you for coming in there. That presence will cause you to think twice and that is why he was such a great defender ON THE PAINT. In pick-and-roll, he was horrible. He let Bibby pick him apart on pick-and-rolls. Man-to-man defender, again, he was great because of that presence factor. Team defense, he was just average. Hakeem was great at all facets. He was strong enough to guard anyone, quick enough to guard anyone, long enough to guard anyone, and certainly one of the smartest players. Think about Hakeem for a second. He has the greatest footwork (on-par with Kobe) in NBA history. To have such footwork, you have to understand how defenses work. Hakeem was just a genius when it came to basketball. I'm not saying Shaq isn't a great pick but I'd much rather have Hakeem or Kareem because of their ability to spread the floor, hit free throws, play elite defense, and also be great teammates with high IQ. Shaq isn't known for his high IQ.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 12:41 AM
Now that I think of it I take the Big O over Payton.

I just see Lebron and Mike being a roided up version of pippen and Mike. I have to have Bron and Mike, throw in Durant, which I have, and you have not only a huge 1,2,3 but the most efficient volume wing scorers in history playing together. 3 guys that can score at will, but who also don't force shots to often, and always look to make the right play.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 12:44 AM
Dude.. his own coach/teammate said he was lazy and Shaq himself has implied many times that if he wasn't fed the ball, he slacked off. When you're with James, Jordan, Magic, and Duncan, you aren't getting the ball as if you're the first option.. everyone can and will get the ball. If Shaq was lazy and that's how his defense was being played, then it's his own fault. I'm judging it by what I saw from him and the majority of the time, Shaq was a mediocre defender. In terms of paint presence, he was a GREAT defender because he would hammer you for coming in there. That presence will cause you to think twice and that is why he was such a great defender ON THE PAINT. In pick-and-roll, he was horrible. He let Bibby pick him apart on pick-and-rolls. Man-to-man defender, again, he was great because of that presence factor. Team defense, he was just average. Hakeem was great at all facets. He was strong enough to guard anyone, quick enough to guard anyone, long enough to guard anyone, and certainly one of the smartest players. Think about Hakeem for a second. He has the greatest footwork (on-par with Kobe) in NBA history. To have such footwork, you have to understand how defenses work. Hakeem was just a genius when it came to basketball. I'm not saying Shaq isn't a great pick but I'd much rather have Hakeem or Kareem because of their ability to spread the floor, hit free throws, play elite defense, and also be great teammates with high IQ. Shaq isn't known for his high IQ.

In 2000 he led the league in offensive, and defensive win shares. Thats the Shaq who is playing for me. There is the proof you said I couldn't find. The end.

PowerHouse
02-05-2015, 12:47 AM
NBA players will have no inspiration to play for my life since they dont know me. They play for money.

How much will they be paid? And from who? Lord knows I sure as hell cant afford to pick up the bill.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 12:51 AM
That's true but to say Shaq would have been much better at defense if he had other teammates? I don't get that. Some players just don't enjoy playing defense and Shaq was one of them. He liked to dominate on the offensive end. When you talk about Shaq, you talk about him absolutely demoralizing his counterpart position. you take the good with the bad and in this case, you take Shaq's defense as well. Hakeem was a much better all around player and that's what settled it in for me.

Being all around better doesn't make you better overall. Doesn't make you more dominant overall or more productive overall. Doesn't make you more effective. Kobe is a better all around scorer than Lebron, but he's not a more effective scorer than Lebron even though he can score from more places on the court with a larger array of moves. Comparing Hakeem to Shaq is like comparing Kobe to Bron. And it looks about the same statistically as well.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 12:54 AM

You have zero chance of showing me a single statistic that can show Hakeem being a better overall player than Shaq. ZERO...NONE...ZILCH...NADA

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 12:59 AM
In 2000 he led the league in offensive, and defensive win shares. Thats the Shaq who is playing for me. There is the proof you said I couldn't find. The end.

Aaaaand Kareem has a higher WS than Shaq could ever dream of. What's your point? Following your win shares logic, shouldn't Kareem be your center? I don't understand your WS argument. It's completely irrelevant. Anyone with a half a brain could see that Shaq isn't a top 10 center on the defensive end. His coach said so; Kobe said so; and Dikembe/Hakeem/Wilt/Ewing/Robinson/Mourning/Wallace/Howard/Eaton/Camby were much better defenders than Shaq.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:01 AM
Aaaaand Kareem has a higher WS than Shaq could ever dream of. What's your point? Following your win shares logic, shouldn't Kareem be your center? I don't understand your WS argument. It's completely irrelevant. Anyone with a half a brain could see that Shaq isn't a top 10 center on the defensive end. His coach said so; Kobe said so; and Dikembe/Hakeem/Wilt/Ewing/Robinson/Mourning/Wallace/Howard/Eaton/Camby were much better defenders than Shaq.

The logic is that Shaq can and has played elite defense. Thats the logic. Your going overboard if you assume anything past that.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:05 AM

Are defensive win shares irrelevant when talking about defense? Did you miss the part where I said Shaq lead the league in defensive win shares?

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 01:07 AM
Being all around better doesn't make you better overall. Doesn't make you more dominant overall or more productive overall. Doesn't make you more effective. Kobe is a better all around scorer than Lebron, but he's not a more effective scorer than Lebron even though he can score from more places on the court with a larger array of moves. Comparing Hakeem to Shaq is like comparing Kobe to Bron. And it looks about the same statistically as well.

When the hell did I say Hakeem was better than Shaq? Nobody could stop Shaq because he was just so dominant. It's the fact that he:

1) He can't hit FT's.
2) He can't rebound as great as Hakeem could.
3) He can't pass like Hakeem could.
4) He couldn't defend like Hakeem could.
5) He didn't have the footwork like Hakeem had; thus, his offensive skillset was much broader than Shaq.

That's undeniable. When you bring up WS, that really proves nothing because it completely ignores the team defense that Shaq doesn't play. Just like you said, Kobe is a more gifted scorer but doesn't mean he's more efficient. EXACTLY. But Kobe isn't a better rebounder/passer/defender than James. Again, TEAM GAME.

You have zero chance of showing me a single statistic that can show Hakeem being a better overall player than Shaq. ZERO...NONE...ZILCH...NADA

How about Hakeem destroying David Robinson to the point where Robinson said Hakeem is the most skilled center? Lmao. What kind of proof do you want? I never said Hakeem was statistically as great as Shaq was. Shaq was a product of physical specimen. PURELY, off that. He said it himself. Hakeem could pick you apart in various ways. In a team scenario, that's a player who you could benefit most from. In a 5v5, what happens when they FOUL SHAQ nonstop?

1) He can't hit FT's.
5) He didn't have the footwork like Hakeem had; thus, his offensive skillset was much broader than Shaq.

You're talking about a guy who just outmuscles you versus a guy who's all around game is miles better. If you're asking me to pick vs Hakeem, it's like asking me do I want strawberry or chocolate milk. I'll take strawberry some days and chocolate other days. But in a TEAM GAME, give me Hakeem. He fits better. Wanna place a poll and see what PSD thinks?

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 01:10 AM
Are defensive win shares irrelevant when talking about defense? Did you miss the part where I said Shaq lead the league in defensive win shares?

Annnnnd Dwight has a higher DWS than Shaq. I'm not taking Dwight over Shaq; buddy. LMAO. I seriously don't get your arguments. You're way too deep into stats that it's blurring your optimal view on things. Shaq is not a better defender than Hakeem in any second of the day. Go ask around. I don't care what numbers Shaq pull up. Hakeem is ranked 4th in DWS total and Shaq isn't even close despite playing longer.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:10 AM
When the hell did I say Hakeem was better than Shaq? Nobody could stop Shaq because he was just so dominant. It's the fact that he:

1) He can't hit FT's.

That's undeniable. When you bring up WS, that really proves nothing because it completely ignores the team defense that Shaq doesn't play. Just like you said, Kobe is a more gifted scorer but doesn't mean he's more efficient. EXACTLY. But Kobe isn't a better rebounder/passer/defender than James. Again, TEAM GAME.

How about Hakeem destroying David Robinson to the point where Robinson said Hakeem is the most skilled center? Lmao. What kind of proof do you want? I never said Hakeem was statistically as great as Shaq was. Shaq was a product of physical specimen. PURELY, off that. He said it himself. Hakeem could pick you apart in various ways. In a team scenario, that's a player who you could benefit most from. In a 5v5, what happens when they FOUL SHAQ nonstop?

1) He can't hit FT's.

You're talking about a guy who just outmuscles you versus a guy who's all around game is miles better. If you're asking me to pick vs Hakeem, it's like asking me do I want strawberry or chocolate milk. I'll take strawberry some days and chocolate other days. But in a TEAM GAME, give me Hakeem. He fits better. Wanna place a poll and see what PSD thinks?

I agree with much of what you said. At the end of the day, I'm taking Shaq cause he's the more dominant player that can prove to be a bigger problem for opposing teams in my opinion. I love Dream, I love Drob. All great picks. I'm just taking Shaq.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:12 AM
Lay off the caffeine, your getting way to excited.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:13 AM
Annnnnd Dwight has a higher DWS than Shaq. I'm not taking Dwight over Shaq; buddy. LMAO. I seriously don't get your arguments. You're way too deep into stats that it's blurring your optimal view on things. Shaq is not a better defender than Hakeem in any second of the day. Go ask around. I don't care what numbers Shaq pull up. Hakeem is ranked 4th in DWS total and Shaq isn't even close despite playing longer.

If you can find where I said he was a better defender than Hakeem...otherwise your arguing with yourself again.

I'm just saying his defense isn't as poor as you claim. And as good as anyone as far as being a rim protector and a monster in the middle. The fiercest monster in the middle maybe. He didn't just knock you to the floor. He patted your shot.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 01:14 AM
The logic is that Shaq can and has played elite defense. Thats the logic. Your going overboard if you assume anything past that.

Okay, but you choose Shaq over Hakeem based on WS; correct? So why didn't you choose Kareem over Shaq since Kareem DESTROYS Shaq in WS? Also, you could take David Robinson over Shaq as well (I certainly would have). Again, if I'm building a team and I can only have one star player and that has to be a center, give me SHAQ. If I'm building the all around best team (which is what a team game is about), give me Hakeem. Two differences. I never said Hakeem was a better player than Shaq. I said he was a better TEAM player.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 01:18 AM
If you can find where I said he was a better defender than Hakeem...otherwise your arguing with yourself again.

I'm just saying his defense isn't as poor as you claim.

You're comparing one year to a career lasting 18 years.... Shaq isn't a top 10 defender at his position pal. That's the point of it you can't comprehend. more often than not, he was lazy, he couldn't play team defense and couldn't cover pick-and-roll (which is why Bibby lit the Lakers up numerous times), and he certainly wouldn't be able to cover the positions Hakeem could have. Don't even bother with the "excited" crap. I've seen you type an encyclopedia's worth. don't let me get started with your horrific English since you want to play personal over here.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 01:20 AM

I'm just saying his defense isn't as poor as you claim. And as good as anyone as far as being a rim protector and a monster in the middle. The fiercest monster in the middle maybe. He didn't just knock you to the floor. He patted your shot.

You used Shaq's DWS as a metric of how good of a defender he was. His DWS that season was higher than any of Hakeem's career. Doesn't that imply that you think Shaq is a better defender than Hakeem? You have to be able to comprehend your own information before throwing it out. It's like when you told me to join the Kobe fanclub of hating Bron but then said that you never called me a LeBron-hater. That's exactly what it implies. In case you didn't know, the definition of imply is to strongly suggest.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:21 AM
Okay, but you choose Shaq over Hakeem based on WS; correct? So why didn't you choose Kareem over Shaq since Kareem DESTROYS Shaq in WS? Also, you could take David Robinson over Shaq as well (I certainly would have). Again, if I'm building a team and I can only have one star player and that has to be a center, give me SHAQ. If I'm building the all around best team (which is what a team game is about), give me Hakeem. Two differences. I never said Hakeem was a better player than Shaq. I said he was a better TEAM player.

NO BRO! I chose Shaq over Hakeem for being an unstoppable force of nature. You said Shaq was a poor defender. I said at times he was an elite defender. I'm showing you that I am right with what I said. Hakeem has lead the league in dws like 4 or 5 times. Don't mix up the argument or talk so much you forget what the argument is. It was never who was a better defender. It was about Shaq being capable of being a great defender because he has done it before.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 01:26 AM
NO BRO! I chose Shaq over Hakeem for being an unstoppable force of nature. You said Shaq was a poor defender. I'm showing you your wrong.

No; you showed me a season where he led the league in DWS or what not but my argument is that he's often lazy. Then you went off saying how he's only lazy because he played with Kobe. All that nonsense and what-not led to you assuming I said Hakeem was a better player than Shaq. Shaq is a poor defender compared to the other elite centers out there. I never said he was a poor defender in general. He was great at protecting the rim and man-1 defense. He just wasn't a great team defender. That's going to be an issue when you play against a certain team that runs pick-and-roll and has constant movement. The center position is known for defense. The best defenders come from the center position. There is no way Shaq ranks highly on defense when you compare him to Ewing and such. If you chose Shaq over Hakeem based on unstoppable force; that's absolutely fine. But my view on it is a little bit different than yours. Hakeem doesn't have to score to be dominant. He's had many games where he didn't score but was a threat on every statistic. I can't see Shaq being that same force when he can't score.

DWS doesn't account for his horrific team defense.. guess who has a higher DWS; Jimmy Butler or Harden? EXACTLY. it doesn't prove jack ****. There is no way Shaq is a better defender than Hakeem. I loved watching Shaq but I have tapes of Hakeem. Shaq isn't a better defender in any season.

SportsFanatic10
02-05-2015, 01:27 AM
hassan
hassan
hassan
hassan
hassan

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:28 AM
You used Shaq's DWS as a metric of how good of a defender he was. His DWS that season was higher than any of Hakeem's career. Doesn't that imply that you think Shaq is a better defender than Hakeem? You have to be able to comprehend your own information before throwing it out. It's like when you told me to join the Kobe fanclub of hating Bron but then said that you never called me a LeBron-hater. That's exactly what it implies. In case you didn't know, the definition of imply is to strongly suggest.

I didn't know it was higher than any in Hakeems career, nor did I ever say it was higher than any in Hakeems career. lololololol....you need to stop trying to read into things so much. If I don't say Shaq is a better defender than I don't think that. Listen to what I said! I said Shaq is a good defender, an underrated defender...a center who is lazy at times, but when he wants to be is a great defender. The DWS stat proves what I said. All this other stuff is you arguing with yourself bro.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 01:32 AM
I didn't know it was higher than any in Hakeems career, nor did I ever say it was higher than any in Hakeems career. lololololol....you need to stop trying to read into things so much. If I don't say Shaq is a better defender than I don't think that. Listen to what I said! I said Shaq is a good defender, an underrated defender...a center who is lazy at times, but when he wants to be is a great defender. The DWS stat proves what I said. All this other stuff is you arguing with yourself bro.

Wtf? maybe you should read before you type. You implied on numerous occasions that Shaq's DWS is high. That DWS happens to be higher than any of Hakeems DWS. Doesn't that imply you think Shaq is a better defender than Hakeem since you go by the metric that DWS proves your capability on the defensive end? Again, when the hell did I say Shaq was a poor defender? He's a good defender but he's certainly not great. Shaq isn't remembered for his defense. He's solely a dominant offensive player. When he wants to be is completely an empty statement. Hakeem is a player who WAS a dominant defensive player. Shaq is a great defensive player when he wants to be? How many times has he made the all nba defensive team? How many times has he won the DPOY? Saying he was a great defender when he wants to be is a load of bull. Because quite frankly, he wasn't a great defender at any point of his career. Your DWS doesn't prove jack as I debunk via James Harden vs Jimmy Butler.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:36 AM
No; you showed me a season where he led the league in DWS or what not but my argument is that he's often lazy. Then you went off saying how he's only lazy because he played with Kobe. All that nonsense and what-not led to you assuming I said Hakeem was a better player than Shaq. Shaq is a poor defender compared to the other elite centers out there. I never said he was a poor defender in general. He was great at protecting the rim and man-1 defense. He just wasn't a great team defender. That's going to be an issue when you play against a certain team that runs pick-and-roll and has constant movement. The center position is known for defense. The best defenders come from the center position. There is no way Shaq ranks highly on defense when you compare him to Ewing and such. If you chose Shaq over Hakeem based on unstoppable force; that's absolutely fine. But my view on it is a little bit different than yours. Hakeem doesn't have to score to be dominant. He's had many games where he didn't score but was a threat on every statistic. I can't see Shaq being that same force when he can't score.

DWS doesn't account for his horrific team defense.. guess who has a higher DWS; Jimmy Butler or Harden? EXACTLY. it doesn't prove jack ****. There is no way Shaq is a better defender than Hakeem. I loved watching Shaq but I have tapes of Hakeem. Shaq isn't a better defender in any season.

Well Shaq always scores and can't be stopped. That the difference and thats why I'm taking him over Hakeem.

ALL I AM SAYING IS THIS...Shaq can be a great defender...he has at times been a great defender...leading the league in DWS shows he has and can be a great defender.

The power forward I have next to Shaq on my team is David Robinson. I'm 100% confident that between Shaq and Drob, the paint is locked.

My team

PG Lebron
SG Jordan
SF Durant
PF Drob
C Shaq

Hakeem isn't going to improve my d that much but loosing the unstoppable beast that is Shaq will be felt on offense way more. I'm taking Shaq. Shaq doesn't have to move on my team. All he has to do is guard the paint. Anything he misses Drob will kill. Im good. Meanwhile I get constant double and triple teams on offense and my wings get to feast because there man is trying to help deal with Shaq.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:38 AM
Wtf? maybe you should read before you type. You implied on numerous occasions that Shaq's DWS is high. That DWS happens to be higher than any of Hakeems DWS. Doesn't that imply you think Shaq is a better defender than Hakeem since you go by the metric that DWS proves your capability on the defensive end? Again, when the hell did I say Shaq was a poor defender? He's a good defender but he's certainly not great. Shaq isn't remembered for his defense. He's solely a dominant offensive player. When he wants to be is completely an empty statement. Hakeem is a player who WAS a dominant defensive player. Shaq is a great defensive player when he wants to be? How many times has he made the all nba defensive team? How many times has he won the DPOY? Saying he was a great defender when he wants to be is a load of bull. Because quite frankly, he wasn't a great defender at any point of his career. Your DWS doesn't prove jack as I debunk via James Harden vs Jimmy Butler.

Never said this!

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 01:41 AM
Well Shaq always scores and can't be stopped. That the difference and thats why I'm taking him over Hakeem.

ALL I AM SAYING IS THIS...Shaq can be a great defender...he has at times been a great defender...leading the league in DWS shows he has and can be a great defender.

The power forward I have next to Shaq on my team is David Robinson. I'm 100% confident that between Shaq and Drob, the paint is locked.

My team

PG Lebron
SG Jordan
SF Durant
PF Drob
C Shaq

Hakeem isn't going to improve my d that much but loosing the unstoppable beast that is Shaq will be felt on offense way more. I'm taking Shaq. Shaq doesn't have to move on my team. All he has to do is guard the paint. Anything he misses Drob will kill. Im good. Meanwhile I get constant double and triple teams on offense and my wings get to feast because there man is trying to help deal with Shaq.

1) So if Shaq always scores, what the hell is the point of this thread? Why not just have Shaq, Nick Young, Norris Cole, richard jefferson, and Jordan Hill? Surely if he could always score, there is no reason for Shaq to have a team.
2) ..... What point of Shaq wasn't a great team defender don't you understand? James Harden has a higher DWS than Jimmy Butler. What does that tell you about DWS? It's not factual but rather an element that can be interpreted in different ways.
3) D-Robinson is a good choice also. I'd take him over Shaq and have a D-Rob/Hakeem lineup tbh.
4) hakeem isn't going to improve your defense by much? Defense stunk when he left Houston... He's a 2x DPOY and is up there as the best NBA center. You do realize defense is 50% of the game right?
5) WTF? You can't just leave Shaq at the paint. you do realize there are rules to the game, yeah? So let's see; you have Shaq guarding Hakeem and Hakeem is at the free throw line, you're telling me Shaq should sit his fat *** in the paint? doesn't work that way and it certainly won't work that way when you have Lebron playing pick-and-roll with Hakeem or CP3 (loves pick-and-roll) doing the same.
6) What happens when they foul Shaq via Hack-A-Shaq?

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:46 AM
1) So if Shaq always scores, what the hell is the point of this thread? Why not just have Shaq, Nick Young, Norris Cole, richard jefferson, and Jordan Hill? Surely if he could always score, there is no reason for Shaq to have a team.
2) ..... What point of Shaq wasn't a great team defender don't you understand? James Harden has a higher DWS than Jimmy Butler. What does that tell you about DWS? It's not factual but rather an element that can be interpreted in different ways.
3) D-Robinson is a good choice also. I'd take him over Shaq and have a D-Rob/Hakeem lineup tbh.
4) hakeem isn't going to improve your defense by much? Defense stunk when he left Houston... He's a 2x DPOY and is up there as the best NBA center. You do realize defense is 50% of the game right?
5) WTF? You can't just leave Shaq at the paint. you do realize there are rules to the game, yeah? So let's see; you have Shaq guarding Hakeem and Hakeem is at the free throw line, you're telling me Shaq should sit his fat *** in the paint? doesn't work that way and it certainly won't work that way when you have Lebron playing pick-and-roll with Hakeem or CP3 (loves pick-and-roll) doing the same.

Because I am creating the best team.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 01:47 AM
Never said this!

Do you know what the word imply means? If you're going to say "Shaq led the league in DWS and that means he is certainly able to play great defense", that can only mean that you are judging Shaq's ability to play defense via DWS. Similarly, that implies that since Hakeem has never reached a 7.2 DWS, that you believe Shaq plays better defense than Hakeem. That is TOTALLY what you are saying. That my friend, is the art of using the English language.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:48 AM

The Shaq I'm talking about wasn't fat. Sorry you didn't get to see that version of Shaq play. No wonder your point of view is what it is.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 01:49 AM
Because I am creating the best team.

If Shaq can always score, then you don't need a team.. you need a team because shaq won't always be able to score... You really think Shaq is going to score over Wilt/Kareem/Hakeem every time? by the time Shaq was at his ultimate peak, Hakeem/D-Rob/Ewing were already gone. He didn't really face great opposition.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:49 AM

They foul out and then your team looses.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:51 AM
If Shaq can always score, then you don't need a team.. you need a team because shaq won't always be able to score... You really think Shaq is going to score over Wilt/Kareem/Hakeem every time? by the time Shaq was at his ultimate peak, Hakeem/D-Rob/Ewing were already gone. He didn't really face great opposition.

Then that means when Hakeem/David/Ewing were at there Peak, and Shaq wasn't, Shaq was still to much for them to handle.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 01:51 AM
The Shaq I'm talking about wasn't fat. Sorry you didn't get to see that version of Shaq play. No wonder your point of view is what it is.

funny how out of all the other points, you pick the "fat ***" argument and then talk about how he wasn't really fat. I didn't mean it literally but rather figuratively. Sorry your English isn't A+ material.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:53 AM
Do you know what the word imply means? If you're going to say "Shaq led the league in DWS and that means he is certainly able to play great defense", that can only mean that you are judging Shaq's ability to play defense via DWS. Similarly, that implies that since Hakeem has never reached a 7.2 DWS, that you believe Shaq plays better defense than Hakeem. That is TOTALLY what you are saying. That my friend, is the art of using the English language.

So what does Hakeem leading the lead 5 times and Shaq only leading the league once imply? What does Hakeem having a higher average DWS than Shaq imply?

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:54 AM
To me leading the league in DWS means you played great defense that year. Thats all it implies to me.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 01:55 AM
I'm done. I can't debate with someone who can't even comprehend his own information and then tries to muster up excuses after excuses with silly retorts that have to do with how I wrote "Shaq sat his fat ***". If you can't see that Shaq wasn't a great defender, I have nothing else to say. You're implying he's great off DWS is just laughable. The people closest to him attested that he was lazy and wasn't a great defender. I don't need to look at DWS. I saw him play. I saw Bibby lit him up constantly because he didn't play through pick-and-rolls. Dominant on the offensive end? Sure. I also never said Shaq wasn't a great option. I said Hakeem is a better option. You're just simply stating that Shaq can dunk and bam bam. Can't argue with that if that's what you think. It's why Shaq didn't win despite all the dunk bam bam in his earlier years. Clearly, you need a team.

Ezio
02-05-2015, 01:56 AM
I thought this was a whole different topic on like 5 people for like 4th quarter heroics and what not.

For that I would probably go Lillard/Klay/KD/Lebron/Dirk

For this though...

CP3/Jordan/Lebron/Dirk/Shaq

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:57 AM
funny how out of all the other points, you pick the "fat ***" argument and then talk about how he wasn't really fat. I didn't mean it literally but rather figuratively. Sorry your English isn't A+ material.

Proverbial white flag. About time. Someone so stuck on implication and dismisses what is actual said. Your impossible to debate with. Your in your own head to much.

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:59 AM
I'm done. I can't debate with someone who can't even comprehend his own information and then tries to muster up excuses after excuses with silly retorts that have to do with how I wrote "Shaq sat his fat ***". If you can't see that Shaq wasn't a great defender, I have nothing else to say. You're implying he's great off DWS is just laughable. The people closest to him attested that he was lazy and wasn't a great defender. I don't need to look at DWS. I saw him play. I saw Bibby lit him up constantly because he didn't play through pick-and-rolls. Dominant on the offensive end? Sure. I also never said Shaq wasn't a great option. I said Hakeem is a better option. You're just simply stating that Shaq can dunk and bam bam. Can't argue with that if that's what you think. It's why Shaq didn't win despite all the dunk bam bam in his earlier years. Clearly, you need a team.

Couldn't come soon enough.

KingstonHawke
02-05-2015, 02:40 AM

It's not shot for your life, he's going to have to play defense as well lol. If you're asking Bird to defend Durant you might as well shoot yourself and get it over with.

Also, anyone putting Magic and Mike in the same backcourt are crazy. Two non-shooters (from 3) no matter how good wont have great chemistry together. You see how much Wade and LeBron struggled playing together. Ball dominant guards with limited range need space to operate. That's why Jordan was paired with guys like Paxson and Kerr.

PG: CP3
SG: Kobe
SF: Durant
PF: Lebron
C : Shaq

MinnesotaFtw
02-05-2015, 03:38 AM
Pg John Stockton
Sg Michael Jordan
Sf Paul Pierce
Pf Kevin Garnett
C Yao Ming

tredigs
02-05-2015, 04:23 AM
Pg John Stockton
Sg Michael Jordan
Sf Paul Pierce
Pf Kevin Garnett
C Yao Ming

You might want to explain this one.

*Silver&Black*
02-05-2015, 04:26 AM
Iverson
Jordan
Korver
Dirk
Shaq

tredigs
02-05-2015, 05:01 AM
Is Curry better than prime Magic? I'd argue he may be.

archdevil84
02-05-2015, 07:19 AM
lol i could have easily just picked shaq instead in my five. i've never seen either of them play in their careers but the reason i picked hakeem is because i just dont want shaq on the FT line if my life depends on it

PurpleLynch
02-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Magic
Kobe
Durant
Duncan
Wilt

The rebounds shouldn't be a problem,also scoring. The only concern is defense,but the paint is locked with Duncan and Wilt.
I think I could risk my life with this lineup.

Chrisclover
02-05-2015, 08:11 AM

PG Lebron
SG Jordan
SF Durant
PF DRob
C Shaq
This question is so weird. How can there be a game that can determine your life? I guess it is just a variation of "who is your favorite starting 5 ".
Ok.
Nash
Kobe
Jordan
LeBron
Shaq.

PurpleLynch
02-05-2015, 08:15 AM
This question is so weird. How can there be a game that can determine your life? I guess it is just a variation of "who is your favorite starting 5 ".
Ok.
Nash
Kobe
Jordan
LeBron
Shaq.

Ok look at it in this way. There's Kim Jong-un that point a gun to your head ad ask you to form a bball team to go against his team.

Chrisclover
02-05-2015, 08:15 AM
Why would you guys pick a bunch of old HOF'ers to play a game that your life depends on?

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kevin Durant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Tim Duncan
C : Marc Gasol
Duncan is also an old dude. Lol. I think we are referring to those players at their respective prime. They're household names so people easily pick them.

MTar786
02-05-2015, 08:33 AM
*antoine walker
*smush
*wayne ellington
*anyone involved with the new york knicks over the last decade/s
*2014 kobe

Chrisclover
02-05-2015, 08:36 AM
Many of you guys just ditched Kobe for Jordan. I know Jordan is the best player in his position but hey, my man Kobe is the 2nd. Why not have both and move either to a nearby position (say, let Jordan be the SF )? You surely have an aggressive duo that will spare no effort to SAVE YOUR LIFE. They're never quitters. In the meantime, I will just deploy the media- and self -proclaimed king to the pf position. He is the strongest and a well-rounded player so there is no reason that I will leave him out. And, in the worst -case scenario in which he has a cramp or cries out, i have two of the most ferocious fighters in Kobe and Jordan to school him. Double indemnity. Lol .
In terms of my PG and Center. I go for Nash and Shaw. Nash is arguably one of the best passers in the history and I do admire his flashy passes. Stockton also came to my mind but he had retired well before I watched the game so I do not have much knowledge nor fond memories about him. IIRC, his passing total is similar to Nash 's. About shaq, he is the shark that can single-handedly wreak havoc on the opponents at any given night. Besides, he enjoyed excellent chemistry with Kobe and the 3-peat was a case in point. In this game, according to the rules, my little life is on the line so I cannot afford any extra time to let my men develop the sometimes evasive chemistry.
With all these concerns taken into account, these five men will make a stupendous team. [emoji41]

Chrisclover
02-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Dragic (09-present)
Kobe (2001-2008)
Mcgrady (2001-2004)
Garnett ( 2001-2008)
Olajuwon (90-95)

Such a well balanced team! And none of these players other than Kobe need the ball to be effective, and even then Kobe was amazing on both ends of the floor so him handling the ball is a great thjng.
It's just funny to see a rockets fan pick Dragic over any other players. He is now a Sun, and it was Morey who ditched him.

Chrisclover
02-05-2015, 08:43 AM
Stern, Jordan, refs = Win
Lol, people are still mad at Stern. I think he had done his part to keep the league moving. The possibly dirty work paid off and the popularity increased exponentially. I am now so curious how progressive his successor Silver will be.

Chrisclover
02-05-2015, 08:50 AM
Not enough love for Hakeem here guys. Shame on all of you.
Oftentimes the sheer physical power of Shaq surmounts finesse of any player. Shaq is just like a falling monolith and you just run away ASAP.
Lol. With that being said, I am not saying that Dream is weak. He is just not a behemoth as Shaq.

BrandoCommando
02-05-2015, 08:56 AM
Curry
Thompson
LeBron
Anthony Davis
Bosh

Chrisclover
02-05-2015, 09:10 AM
Ok look at it in this way. There's Kim Jong-un that point a gun to your head ad ask you to form a bball team to go against his team.
I am not Sony. I will not cave in to terrorism!

Chrisclover
02-05-2015, 09:11 AM
*antoine walker
*smush
*wayne ellington
*anyone involved with the new york knicks over the last decade/s
*2014 kobe
That's a nice team to kill a Kobe fan.

ball4reel
02-05-2015, 10:48 AM
Magic
Jordan
Lebron
Duncan
The Dream

IKnowHoops
02-05-2015, 01:31 PM

If he is, then so is David Robinson.

Nick O
02-05-2015, 02:34 PM
Curry
Thompson
LeBron
Anthony Davis
Bosh

If were going current players I think id do this too.

Chronz
02-05-2015, 02:55 PM
Dude.. his own coach/teammate said he was lazy
That same HOF coach would also tell you that when Shaq put his mind to it, he could dominate the game defensively with the best of them. And we're talking about these players at peak performance are we not? Shaq at his apex was runner-up for DPOY, behind only Zo, he put up huge defensive stats and anchored the best defense in the league. Yes he was lazy during the regular season, but he had a light switch attitude. Its hard to go full bore on both ends when you take the beating he does.

and Shaq himself has implied many times that if he wasn't fed the ball, he slacked off.When you're with James, Jordan, Magic, and Duncan, you aren't getting the ball as if you're the first option.. everyone can and will get the ball.
Thats within the context of his own team and the league at large. He knows whats best for the team is that he gets the ball, but this aint the NBA. This is a single game for all the marbles where both teams have immense talent. Shaq has enough basketball IQ to realize how he should play when surrounded byHOF'ers going up against other HOF'ers

If Shaq was lazy and that's how his defense was being played, then it's his own fault. I'm judging it by what I saw from him and the majority of the time, Shaq was a mediocre defender. In terms of paint presence, he was a GREAT defender because he would hammer you for coming in there. That presence will cause you to think twice and that is why he was such a great defender ON THE PAINT. In pick-and-roll, he was horrible. He let Bibby pick him apart on pick-and-rolls. Man-to-man defender, again, he was great because of that presence factor. Team defense, he was just average. Hakeem was great at all facets. He was strong enough to guard anyone, quick enough to guard anyone, long enough to guard anyone, and certainly one of the smartest players. Think about Hakeem for a second. He has the greatest footwork (on-par with Kobe) in NBA history. To have such footwork, you have to understand how defenses work. Hakeem was just a genius when it came to basketball. I'm not saying Shaq isn't a great pick but I'd much rather have Hakeem or Kareem because of their ability to spread the floor, hit free throws, play elite defense, and also be great teammates with high IQ. Shaq isn't known for his high IQ.

Shaq isn't known for his high IQ? LMFAO says who? You're so keen on what coaches say, did you know Hakeem once had a coach who said he wasn't a very good individual post defender?

And one thing about Dream, his defensive prime did not coincide with his offensive prime(aside from maybe 1 year), so you cant really surmise his impact that way, hes not like Shaq where he absolutely had a defensive/offensive apex that coincides.

Goose17
02-05-2015, 04:45 PM

Curry
MJ
Pippen
Bird
Dream

You mean they have to FIT?! You mean you're not just picking the most talented players? Because putting the best 5 players at each position together doesn't necessarily work? Because they would have to FIT?!

Hey Valade, do you see this? Your wing man is betraying your beliefs.

Chronz
02-05-2015, 05:04 PM
You mean they have to FIT?! You mean you're not just picking the most talented players? Because putting the best 5 players at each position together doesn't necessarily work? Because they would have to FIT?!

Hey Valade, do you see this? Your wing man is betraying your beliefs.

Im not betraying him. This is a discussion about the most talented players of all time fighting to keep you alive, I dont see any Korvers or Tony Allens being chosen here. When everyone has unlimited talent at their disposal, its obvious why fit matters more.

tredigs
02-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Pretty sure our Dream Team's have gone against plenty of fairly talented squads with a hell of a lot better traditional "fit" than us, but we know how that generally turns out. Unless the team has a high usage/low% me-first player on it (looking at you AI), I don't see many issues with an excess in talent. Going against other All-Time squads, you'd definitely need it. I still like my Curry/MJ/Bird/Duncan/Dream squad the more I think about it. I just trust that squad a massive amount.

amak316
02-05-2015, 08:06 PM

this feels like a public cry for help! is everything okay man? that team may not be a top 4 seed in the EAST even!!

YAALREADYKNO
02-05-2015, 08:08 PM
PG-Jason Kidd
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Lebron James
PF-Dirk Nowitzki
C-Shaquille O'neal

I'd roll with that squad if my life was on the line lol

Goose17
02-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Starting at point guard; John Stockton. Good defender and excellent play maker.

Starting at shooting guard... Joe Dumars. I figure if you're all going for Jordan I may as well grab the only guy that could defend him consistently.

Starting at small forward, Lebron James. Because he's the best player of this era. Simple and plain. Also because he does pretty much everything.

Starting at power forward, prime Tim Duncan. You know the quadruple double in the playoffs Tim Duncan. Yeah, THAT Tim Duncan.

And starting at Center... Shaquille O'Neal. Because he was so dominant. Simple.

Just look at all the talent.

85BearsDefense
02-05-2015, 08:59 PM
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan

Unselfish great team of winners

c.c.
02-05-2015, 09:49 PM
These five guys in my signature

Vincent33
02-05-2015, 10:04 PM
C: Hakeem Olajuwon
PF: Magic Johnson
SF: Larry Bird
PG: Pete Maravich

bucketss
02-05-2015, 10:17 PM
curry
wade(prime)
lebron
duncan
hakeem

L8kers4life
02-05-2015, 11:01 PM
Magic
Kobe
Jordan
LeBron
Hakeem

Unstoppable! Since LeBron and Magic are both 6 foot 8 and Over the two of them can go between pg and pf.

L8kers4life
02-05-2015, 11:07 PM

Man, are you serious, you gotta be joking!

rex.reyesiii
02-05-2015, 11:20 PM
Jordan
Pippen
Lebron
Rodman
Shaq

eibbor
02-05-2015, 11:28 PM
Wilt
Duncan
Bird
Jordan
Magic

THIS ^ If this isn't your top 5, you either don't watch basketball, are too stupid to understand basketball, are too young to have seen enough basketball to have an opinion or are just generally a stupid person.... Or have a mental disability.

People 30 or younger will argue for shaq, sadly. Wilt worked hard on his body and game. Shaq didn't. EVER.

Some people will argue Malone or someone else for PF. They would be wrong.

If anyone argues over bird jordan magic.... Start watching survivor. Sports aren't for you.

eibbor
02-05-2015, 11:29 PM
Man, are you serious, you gotta be joking!

He's not joking lol How fcking SAD

eibbor
02-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Pretty obvious PP was amazing but the LAST person you'd want on a winning team

L8kers4life
02-05-2015, 11:32 PM

Man these kids now days must really have never watched Basketball in the 80's and 90's, for people to think Curry is better than Magic and a prime Magic at that, blows me away.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 11:40 PM

[/B]

They foul out and then your team looses.

That same HOF coach would also tell you that when Shaq put his mind to it, he could dominate the game defensively with the best of them. And we're talking about these players at peak performance are we not? Shaq at his apex was runner-up for DPOY, behind only Zo, he put up huge defensive stats and anchored the best defense in the league. Yes he was lazy during the regular season, but he had a light switch attitude. Its hard to go full bore on both ends when you take the beating he does.

Thats within the context of his own team and the league at large. He knows whats best for the team is that he gets the ball, but this aint the NBA. This is a single game for all the marbles where both teams have immense talent. Shaq has enough basketball IQ to realize how he should play when surrounded byHOF'ers going up against other HOF'ers

Shaq isn't known for his high IQ? LMFAO says who? You're so keen on what coaches say, did you know Hakeem once had a coach who said he wasn't a very good individual post defender?

And one thing about Dream, his defensive prime did not coincide with his offensive prime(aside from maybe 1 year), so you cant really surmise his impact that way, hes not like Shaq where he absolutely had a defensive/offensive apex that coincides.

LMFAO, says Shaq himself constantly on NBA TNT.

eibbor
02-05-2015, 11:41 PM
Man these kids now days must really have never watched Basketball in the 80's and 90's, for people to think Curry is better than Magic and a prime Magic at that, blows me away.

I'm pretty sure Curry can't play every position on the court efficiently...

The NBA is so much different now. Nobody fights for anything. They wait for a call or flop to try to make it happen. Loco

IKnowHoops
02-06-2015, 12:01 AM
THIS ^ If this isn't your top 5, you either don't watch basketball, are too stupid to understand basketball, are too young to have seen enough basketball to have an opinion or are just generally a stupid person.... Or have a mental disability.[/B]

People 30 or younger will argue for shaq, sadly. Wilt worked hard on his body and game. Shaq didn't. EVER.

Some people will argue Malone or someone else for PF. They would be wrong.

If anyone argues over bird jordan magic.... Start watching survivor. Sports aren't for you.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh:

BlueandWhite
02-06-2015, 12:11 AM
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
and Dylon

c.c.
02-06-2015, 12:39 AM
Magic Johnson wouldn't even start in today's game. His style of play was so ugly and sloppy. The game has evolved drastically!

People always ask "can today's NBA players survive the old days" but the real question is "can the players in the early 90's on down survive this era".

Besides the physical play, this era (late 90's on up) is the most talented hands down. Folks will never give these current players the credit they deserve!

astrosmaniac
02-06-2015, 01:44 AM
Magic
Jordan
Lebron
Duncan
The Dream

that was my exact lineup. Deadly everywhere and just imaging the switching on D

IKnowHoops
02-06-2015, 07:02 AM
Magic Johnson wouldn't even start in today's game. His style of play was so ugly and sloppy. The game has evolved drastically!

People always ask "can today's NBA players survive the old days" but the real question is "can the players in the early 90's on down survive this era".

Besides the physical play, this era (late 90's on up) is the most talented hands down. Folks will never give these current players the credit they deserve!

Prime Drob and Hakeem would absolutely annihilate this league and the big men in it. They are both better than Anthony Davis in every way.

Goose17
02-06-2015, 08:24 AM
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
Dylon
and Dylon

Yes! Lol. Nice. I miss Chapelle

hidalgo
02-06-2015, 09:24 AM

Besides the physical play, this era (late 90's on up) is the most talented hands down. Folks will never give these current players the credit they deserve!Magic wouldn't start?! lol, wow that's insane. Magic would win mvps, titles, & mop the floor with the pgs todays. he's a freakish unique talent in any era, like Jordan, Wilt, etc.

i think since the Magi/Bird draft, 1979-80 it's been the modern era and the players from then would thrive today as well. 50s 60s & early 70s it's hard to tell, & i wasn't born yet. but it's very easy to see the 80-90s players could definitely do as well(or better) today

valade16
02-06-2015, 09:49 AM
To all those saying guys like Magic couldn't play in todays NBA.

Magic averaged 15 PPG and 7 APG at the age of 36 after taking 4 years off in 1996. Kobe was drafted the very next year. Kobe is averaging 22 PPG this season.

If Magic could play in the same league as Kobe in 97, and Kobe can still play in this league, I don't think Magic would have any problem playing in todays NBA.

QueensG_718
02-06-2015, 11:00 AM
Steph curry
Micheal jordan
Scottie pippen
Lebron james
Shaq

Hawkeye15
02-06-2015, 11:21 AM

Curry needs sustained play, and to have deep playoff runs and take over Finals games to be in that conversation.

For what this thread is, Curry might be a better fit however, because you don't really need Magic's creation as much as you might need Curry's highly superior floor spacing.

PayDaPiper
02-06-2015, 11:24 AM
A current player squad for me would be:

PG Curry
SG Durant
SF Lebron
PF A. Davis
C Noah

Hawkeye15
02-06-2015, 11:24 AM
To all those saying guys like Magic couldn't play in todays NBA.

Magic averaged 15 PPG and 7 APG at the age of 36 after taking 4 years off in 1996. Kobe was drafted the very next year. Kobe is averaging 22 PPG this season.

If Magic could play in the same league as Kobe in 97, and Kobe can still play in this league, I don't think Magic would have any problem playing in todays NBA.

when you are 6'9", strong, can handle the ball, and pass like a magician, pretty sure you are awesome in any era..

KnicksorBust
02-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Im not betraying him. This is a discussion about the most talented players of all time fighting to keep you alive, I dont see any Korvers or Tony Allens being chosen here. When everyone has unlimited talent at their disposal, its obvious why fit matters more.

Curry over prime CP3?

Trwood12
02-06-2015, 04:33 PM
My list is pretty predictable.

PG: Lebron
C: Shaq

krazylegz
02-06-2015, 05:05 PM
lebron james
kevin love
timofey mozgov
jr smith
kyrie irving..................I RIDE OR DIE WITH MY CAVS

Tony_Starks
02-06-2015, 05:13 PM

What do you expect? They grew up on NBA 2k,ESPN, and spreadsheets....

L8kers4life
02-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Curry needs sustained play, and to have deep playoff runs and take over Finals games to be in that conversation.

For what this thread is, Curry might be a better fit however, because you don't really need Magic's creation as much as you might need Curry's highly superior floor spacing.

Floor spacing is over rated when you have Jordan, Hakeem, Kobe and LeBron. Mainly because no one can be double teamed, playing one on one against these guys would be next to impossible. Not to mention a fast break with Magic leading the way and Jordan, LeBron or Kobe on the other end of his passes, it would be unstoppable. Floor spacing is needed when you have weaknesses on the floor, or shooters that can be left alone. If every player on a team can not be left alone, that means each of these great players have a 1 on 1 situation and all 5 of these guys would do damage in that scenario.

Hawkeye15
02-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Floor spacing is over rated when you have Jordan, Hakeem, Kobe and LeBron. Mainly because no one can be double teamed, playing one on one against these guys would be next to impossible. Not to mention a fast break with Magic leading the way and Jordan, LeBron or Kobe on the other end of his passes, it would be unstoppable. Floor spacing is needed when you have weaknesses on the floor, or shooters that can be left alone. If every player on a team can not be left alone, that means each of these great players have a 1 on 1 situation and all 5 of these guys would do damage in that scenario.

floor spacing is never overrated. I understand in this circumstance it's not as important as it usually is. But anytime you have a guy whose man can't leave him under any circumstance, his team is helped.

KnicksorBust
02-06-2015, 06:59 PM

floor spacing is never overrated. I understand in this circumstance it's not as important as it usually is. But anytime you have a guy whose man can't leave him under any circumstance, his team is helped.

Curry or Magic?

Hawkeye15
02-06-2015, 08:24 PM
Curry or Magic?

Surrounded by what? By no means is Curry on Magic's level yet, he needs to sustain this year and start winning a lot of playoff games. I just mean under some circumstances, Curry might be a better pick for a team, depending on what you have.

Chronz
02-06-2015, 08:24 PM
lebron james
kevin love
timofey mozgov
jr smith
kyrie irving..................I RIDE OR DIE WITH MY CAVS
Respect

Chronz
02-06-2015, 08:26 PM

Curry is the greatest decoy of all time. No Need to Apologize

cheetos185
02-06-2015, 08:42 PM
Zeke
Jordan
Pippen
Rodman
Shaq

KnicksorBust
02-06-2015, 08:53 PM
Curry or Magic?

Surrounded by what? By no means is Curry on Magic's level yet, he needs to sustain this year and start winning a lot of playoff games. I just mean under some circumstances, Curry might be a better pick for a team, depending on what you have.

Whats your 5