PDA

View Full Version : 0-82

Sanjay
02-03-2015, 08:10 PM
I watched the Lakers at the Knicks a couple of nights ago and it was one of the worst games of the season. I know these are currently two of the least talented teams in the league, but these are two of the most storied franchises in NBA history and this would have been one of the matchups of the season at the start of the 2012-13 one. The Lakers looked like they were not interested in winning - especially with Lin and Boozer benched - which is fair enough because if they do not get a 'top 5 seed' in the lottery they loose their draft pick. The Knicks seem to have decided to win a few games to not make it as ridiculous, but they still have the third worst record in the league.

Questions:

1. Will a team ever go 0-82 (to ensure they have the highest chance of getting the number one lottery pick)? Would the NBA, fans and media tolerate this?
I would accept this because if you are going to tank you might as go all the way, as they say the worst place in the NBA is to be in the middle, but I do not think other parties would agree with this so I don't think this will happen.

2. Will the Knicks or Lakers rebuild faster?
I think the Knicks have the best chance because Melo is probably more attractive to play with than Kobe, New York has Phil, they will have more cap space next season if Kobe comes back and they are in the Eastern Conference.

Deception
02-03-2015, 08:11 PM
No team will go 0-82, I don't see it.

goingfor28
02-03-2015, 08:11 PM
1. No
2. Knicks

jaydubb
02-03-2015, 08:12 PM
1.never gonna happen
2.knicks

Cal827
02-03-2015, 08:15 PM
1. I hope not.
2. Depends. If the Lakers can keep their pick this season, then them. If not, then the Knicks.

dhopisthename
02-03-2015, 08:19 PM
I think if you just picked up guys off the street and dleauge you could win 5 games just do to random chance(aka a team getting hot while the other one was off)

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 08:38 PM
If the Philly tank squad can't throw 82 games nobody can.

And Lakers will be back next year.

Mr.SmackYoMama
02-03-2015, 08:45 PM

I just wanted to get your number so that i can buy whatever it is you're smoking brotha seriously LMAO!!!!

5ass
02-03-2015, 09:08 PM
I just wanted to get your number so that i can buy whatever it is you're smoking brotha seriously LMAO!!!!

Lol I think that guy said the Lakers would make the playoffs this season. Talking about how they're going to prove everyone wrong lmao

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 09:20 PM

I don't give my number to men, wrong forum bruh!

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 09:22 PM

Lol I think that guy said the Lakers would make the playoffs this season. Talking about how they're going to prove everyone wrong lmao

Yeah my crystal ball didn't predict not one, not two,but three season ending injuries. I'm getting it fixed....

InRoseWeTrust
02-03-2015, 09:51 PM
No
Lakers

Shammyguy3
02-03-2015, 09:59 PM
No.
Knicks. But that's a trick question: when do you know a team's done rebuilding? Is it once they make the playoffs, once they make the 2nd round of the playoffs? Finals? What?

Here's a team that could struggle to win a game in a regular season though:
Marquis Teague/Jannero Pargo
Tony Snell/Ben Gordon
Steve Novak/Omri Casspi
Chuck Hayes/Tyler Hansbrough
Nazr Mohammed/Cameron Bairstow

Over/Under 3 wins for that team? :laugh2:

WaDe03
02-03-2015, 10:46 PM
1. Heat next year.
2. Lakers

slaker619
02-03-2015, 11:27 PM
I never wanna see that !

FlashBolt
02-03-2015, 11:36 PM
Lol @ everyone saying Lakers. You have zero things to work with. NYK has money and Melo is healthier than Kobe.

Cal827
02-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Lol @ everyone saying Lakers. You have zero things to work with. NYK has money and Melo is healthier than Kobe.

I just thought of Randle (of course this is the question mark if he can recover properly), Their first this season (if they Keep it), Next years first, Cap Space, and the keys to the team essentially after next season)

The Knicks will have Melo, This Years first, cap space. Melo is looked at as the face of the team, and apparently, people don't like playing with him :laugh2:

Lakers + Giants
02-04-2015, 12:40 AM
Knicks are a storied franchise? That's news to me.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2015, 01:32 AM
I just thought of Randle (of course this is the question mark if he can recover properly), Their first this season (if they Keep it), Next years first, Cap Space, and the keys to the team essentially after next season)

The Knicks will have Melo, This Years first, cap space. Melo is looked at as the face of the team, and apparently, people don't like playing with him :laugh2:

I mean everything I read is stars love the guy, guess this is the first real chance to see if they wanna play with him.

xxplayerxx23
02-04-2015, 01:34 AM

Irrelevant. It's NY they have a star in place a top pick and beloved guy running things, and a ton of money, not saying they will get everyone but they will get someone

goingfor28
02-04-2015, 03:29 AM
Bingo

Tumstock
02-04-2015, 04:02 AM
My thought too!

Knicks are the most overhyped franchise in sports. Can't wait for them to return to mediocrity...

Sssmush
02-04-2015, 04:03 AM
LoL... seriously, the Knicks?

How can you "rebuild" when you haven't even been "built" since 1972 or whatever?

Seriously, what are the Knicks trying to "rebuild"? When was the last time the Knicks were even good? Never with Carmelo, and maybe just like a 1/2 season before that before the Carmelo trade, and before that, what, some time in the 90's when Riley had them running hot for a few seasons and they made a Finals.

The Lakers, whether or not they keep this year's pick, have some pretty good prospects. Lots of cap space, and the expanding cap will make LA a desirable location. Wow with the Clippers hot right now eventually some players are going to notice that LA is actually a totally sweet rockstar location to be a basketball star. Un-charismatic clunkers with plodding games like Lebron James need not apply.

LoL the Knicks have Carmelo signed at the max for the rest of this decade more or less. And, uh, how is year one of that deal working out for you? I don't know what the heck the Lakers were doing offering him a max deal but we are glad he didn't sign. Same for Dwight Howard, just look at how that is working out past two years and where it's at now. Same for Kevin Love, what teams beside Cleveland (LoL who traded an 18 year old Wiggins for him) would sign him to a max deal at this point?

Chances are the new CBA loosens up restrictions a bit, but even if not Lakers have several good possibilities. We just gotta look for up and coming young players.

Trueblue2
02-04-2015, 06:25 AM
1. No

2: Knicks will be better next season, lakers will be better 3-4 years down the line. They're a more attractive FA landing spot next season as far as big names are concerned, but the lakers have pretty much a clean slate after Kobe retires. I can see NY in the playoffs next year, possibly even making a big run, but by the end of Melo's contract his game will likely see a drop off to the point that he can't play the role he has in the past on a winning team. I have faith in Phil to keep the team afloat, not so much faith in melo to be a perennial contender for the scoring title a few years down the line. It's up to Phil as a GM to build a team that can thrive with melo while also preparing for life post melo.

Next season they lakers have randal back and (Hopefully) two first round picks. In FA they'll add value role players instead of trying for a 'home run' and/or use their cap space to let other teams dump 1-2 year bad contracts in exchange for picks (like Lin this year). They'll have all the role players and youth in place for a big name to come in and thrive in 2-3 seasons. If LA brings Davis, Kelly, and black back they have a good young front court along with the return of Randall. Only players they should be open to paying big for are Dragic and Monroe, they're the only two young enough to still be in their primes by the time a real contending roster is built.

2-ONE-5
02-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Knicks arent even a storied franchise, they are probably the most overrated franchise in sports.

TheIlladelph16
02-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Yeah my crystal ball didn't predict not one, not two,but three season ending injuries. I'm getting it fixed....

Yes because the 2014 Shell Formerly Known as Kobe and a rookie who's never stepped on the NBA court are why the Lakers aren't in the playoffs out West :laugh:

To OP:

No one would ever go without a win. Just wouldn't happen.

And the Knicks will be able to turn it around quicker. The Lakers only legitimate piece moving forward is Randle and no one knows who he is going to actually look. The Knicks at least have Melo and competent management running the show now.

Chrisclover
02-06-2015, 01:00 AM
1. No
2. Knicks
It depends on how Kobe is going to do this off-season. He needs to convince people that he can evolve and if he does, the future of Lakers will be sanguine again. Another thing that may be a positive is the eagerness to rebuild of the FO. Admittedly, Jim is ineffectual as usual but he learns his lessons. Mitch is still the GM and he certainly still has some appeal to the FA s.

In terms of the Knicks, Phil is trying hard to resurrect the triangle offense but apparently he has failed epically. Stars will be hesitant when Phil is gushing about his old glory system in the recruitment.
Dolan? when was the last time he got praised?
Melo?i dunno if he is still a superstar or not. He is sadly nagged by the petty injuries and his oft-criticized lack of defense isn't showing any sign of change. For what's worth, Anthony is gently declining and wait a few more season before people label his contract as garbage. He may be another Joe Johnson.
In a nutshell, both teams are in a mess and it's hard to tell which will be back on track faster again.

Chrisclover
02-06-2015, 01:05 AM
You just reminded me of Kobe 's asinine words "it will be an epic season for the Lakers " LMAO. He got injuries once again and the team shows no improvement compared to last season, which could be seen as a negatively epic season. I just want Kobe Bryant to shut up when his pathological arrogance dominates his mind. Do more and speak less.

Chrisclover
02-06-2015, 01:07 AM
The story about the abysmal contracts.

Chrisclover
02-06-2015, 01:10 AM
My thought too!

Knicks are the most overhyped franchise in sports. Can't wait for them to return to mediocrity...
They're are mediocre right now. They were not when they were the 2nd seed 3 years ago. Oh, what a precipitate collapse.

ClutchTime
02-06-2015, 05:50 AM
1. No, not during an 82 game season
2. Knicks

KnicksorBust
02-06-2015, 07:40 AM
LoL... seriously, the Knicks?

How can you "rebuild" when you haven't even been "built" since 1972 or whatever?

Seriously, what are the Knicks trying to "rebuild"? When was the last time the Knicks were even good? Never with Carmelo, and maybe just like a 1/2 season before that before the Carmelo trade, .

Stopped reading here. The Knicks were the #2 seed in 2013 and won 66% of their games. If you cant even go back two seasons then that is pretty bad.5

QueensG_718
02-06-2015, 11:07 AM
Lakwrs arent rebuilding until kobe leaves. No stars want to play with kobe bossin people around

Vampirate
02-06-2015, 11:20 AM
Have the NBA team with a random bunch of PSD posters fill out the roster and there you go, 0-82.

lamzoka
02-06-2015, 12:57 PM
1- No

2- Knicks.

Knicks have Melo, top 3 pick and the most cap space in the NBA. Plus Phil Jackson.

Lakers is about to enter a championship drought, similar to what the knicks been going thru. The great Dr. Buss is no longer here and you have idiots running that team.

And as long as Kobe is playing, they will not make the playoffs. The west is too loaded and nobody wants to play with him.

Tony_Starks
02-06-2015, 01:48 PM
1- No

2- Knicks.

Knicks have Melo, top 3 pick and the most cap space in the NBA. Plus Phil Jackson.

Lakers is about to enter a championship drought, similar to what the knicks been going thru. The great Dr. Buss is no longer here and you have idiots running that team.

And as long as Kobe is playing, they will not make the playoffs. The west is too loaded and nobody wants to play with him.

The Knicks have had a drought of over 30 years. No way in hell it takes the Lakers that long to get another ring. The way Jimmy Bus drinks his brain will have been pickled long before then....

Confusious
02-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Every one wants to play in LA. Some doofus will go there in free agency and help out. The Knicks are storied? They have only won two 'ships. And they was over 40 years ago. That's some epic drought for a "storied" franchise.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-06-2015, 02:59 PM
No.
Knicks. But that's a trick question: when do you know a team's done rebuilding? Is it once they make the playoffs, once they make the 2nd round of the playoffs? Finals? What?

Tony Snell/Ben Gordon
Steve Novak/Omri Casspi

Ben Gordon would light it up one day and could still win a few games.

Chrisclover
02-06-2015, 11:17 PM
Ben Gordon would light it up one day and could still win a few games.
People now berate him for being a fat slob. He is totally derailed by the injuries. The FO must be regretful for stubbornly keeping him when he wanted out.

Sanjay
02-08-2015, 07:58 PM
I think if you just picked up guys off the street and dleauge you could win 5 games just do to random chance(aka a team getting hot while the other one was off)

I was meaning if a team loses every game on purpose.

Sanjay
02-08-2015, 08:02 PM

It is possible if the Lakers get a good draft pick, Randle comes back and some moves are made in free agency/trades.

Sanjay
02-08-2015, 08:06 PM
No.

Tony Snell/Ben Gordon
Steve Novak/Omri Casspi

I would say for the Lakers in the Western Conference it would be making the playoffs and for the Knicks in the East it would be being a legitimate conference contender. How about you?

Sanjay
02-08-2015, 08:14 PM

Not in terms of championships, but the fact that they play in Madison Square Garden, are one of only two original teams who still play in the same city and they are the second highest valued team.