PDA

View Full Version : Paul George could return & play next month

kdspurman
02-03-2015, 01:18 PM

FlashBolt
02-03-2015, 01:18 PM
Don't think he should risk it. They don't have a chance at winning anything anyways.

Cal827
02-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Yeah, his recovery has been amazing, but I would just sit out the year (or at most, just come back to play a couple games in April). They aren't going to go anywhere in the playoffs. Maybe the last couple games could get him back into game mode, and reduce the rust a little for next season.

InRoseWeTrust
02-03-2015, 01:37 PM
I mean I guess if he's legitimately 100% recovered and medical is saying there is no risk, then why not. But if there's even a 1% chance he could aggravate anything, he's too good to go back in.

FlashBolt
02-03-2015, 01:39 PM
I mean I guess if he's legitimately 100% recovered and medical is saying there is no risk, then why not. But if there's even a 1% chance he could aggravate anything, he's too good to go back in.

There's no such thing as 100% recovered in any degree. Once you've been injured, that 100% is not going to happen again.

beasted86
02-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Don't think he should risk it. They don't have a chance at winning anything anyways.
Risk what? I haven't fully understood this logic, but I hear it all the time. Could you explain which risk you are talking about?

Risk getting injured? If he's fully healthy and cleared by every doctor, there is no risk to re-injure himself.

Risk a random fluke injury in a "meaningless" losing season? He could just as easily get injured during practice or a pickup game. If the NBA teams managed "fluke" risks this way then no player would ever play a preseason or summer league game ever again. It's kind of a losers mentality to live in fear like that.

If he's healthy and the Pacers feel he can help them win to make a playoff push or at least help them get a feel for how the current pieces fit together and what type of team they have going forward so it will help with their decision making in the draft or off-season, I don't see what the risk is.

Pacerlive
02-03-2015, 01:54 PM
There's no such thing as 100% recovered in any degree. Once you've been injured, that 100% is not going to happen again.
He has a rod holding everything in place and yes bone heals much faster than ligaments. There is no reason to believe that he can't be 100% after an injury like this.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 01:55 PM

Well then if he's as good as he's gonna be, and if he wants to play, he should. It will just give him a better chance of being comfortable starting next year when the Pacers can matter again.

lakerfan85
02-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Why are you guys arguing with Dr. flashbolt?

FlashBolt
02-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Risk what? I haven't fully understood this logic, but I hear it all the time. Could you explain which risk you are talking about?

Risk getting injured? If he's fully healthy and cleared by every doctor, there is no risk to re-injure himself.

Risk a random fluke injury in a "meaningless" losing season? He could just as easily get injured during practice or a pickup game. If the NBA teams managed "fluke" risks this way then no player would ever play a preseason or summer league game ever again. It's kind of a losers mentality to live in fear like that.

If he's healthy and the Pacers feel he can help them win to make a playoff push or at least help them get a feel for how the current pieces fit together and what type of team they have going forward so it will help with their decision making in the draft or off-season, I don't see what the risk is.

Did you see what happened to Kobe? He's rushing to play; which isn't a good thing. He still hasn't had full team practice, etc. At this point, he could return in a month but he wouldn't be Paul George and they probably wouldn't make the Playoffs anyway. There is a risk for him to come back, you know? There's always a risk.

FlashBolt
02-03-2015, 01:59 PM
Why are you guys arguing with Dr. flashbolt?

Lmao, my brother is a physical therapist. Once you suffer an injury, your body will never be 100%. Doesn't take a genius to understand that.

beasted86
02-03-2015, 02:00 PM
Yes there is a 100%. It's called a bone scan. They inject a small radioactive material that allows you to see new bone growth and a doctor can determine when it is fully healed.

Further an MRI allows them to see the surrounding tissues in the leg to tell if there is any damage there.

I'm not in the medical field and even I know these things.

beasted86
02-03-2015, 02:05 PM
Did you see what happened to Kobe? He's rushing to play; which isn't a good thing. He still hasn't had full team practice, etc. At this point, he could return in a month but he wouldn't be Paul George and they probably wouldn't make the Playoffs anyway. There is a risk for him to come back, you know? There's always a risk.
You seem to be comparing two different scenarios.

If a player is trying to return before his projected injury/treatment recovery timetable, then surely there stands a risk of re-injury or pain. But if George's injury is fully healed there is no added risk than any other point in time in his career.

The only "risk" if he's fully healthy is risking to worsen their draft chances.

InRoseWeTrust
02-03-2015, 04:12 PM

Lmao, my brother is a physical therapist. Once you suffer an injury, your body will never be 100%. Doesn't take a genius to understand that.

Saying there's "no such thing as 100% recovered" is absolutely asinine, especially with bone breaks.

mngopher35
02-03-2015, 04:20 PM
There is no way they would rush this process. If he is completely cleared by doctors and feeling good then he should play if he wants.

Nycbball08
02-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Amazing recovery, good luck with whatever he decides to do

kozelkid
02-03-2015, 05:05 PM
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Either you misunderstood your brother or I fear for your brother's patients. I'm leaning to the former.

ManningToTyree
02-03-2015, 05:08 PM
If he is medically cleared, why not?

Hawkeye15
02-03-2015, 05:13 PM
There is no way they would rush this process. If he is completely cleared by doctors and feeling good then he should play if he wants.

exactly. I don't want to see them do a David Robinson, and sit a healthy player for a bunch of games to up their pick, but if he isn't 100%, what is the point?

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 05:23 PM
His team needs to get in the playoff mix so he can come back and make things interesting. In the east that shouldnt be hard. Go on a 4 game win streak and you can go from 10th to 7th....

Trueblue2
02-03-2015, 05:51 PM
He has a rod holding everything in place and yes bone heals much faster than ligaments. There is no reason to believe that he can't be 100% after an injury like this.

Have you ever had a serious injury Like George's?

Cause anyone that has can tell you that no matter how in shape you are or how long youve healed thats always gonna be your weak spot.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 06:07 PM
Have you ever had a serious injury Like George's?

Cause anyone that has can tell you that no matter how in shape you are or how long youve healed thats always gonna be your weak spot.

Your sig is hilarious. Do you have any back story on that?

Stunner
02-13-2015, 06:04 PM
@SpearsNBAYahoo: Pacers guard Paul George tells Yahoo that he is eyeing a mid-March return from his leg injury that could include a 3/14 return vs Boston.

chi-townlove1
02-13-2015, 06:05 PM
Wow that's nuts

goingfor28
02-13-2015, 06:09 PM
Might as well. They're only 2 back of the 8 seed right now

kiingkobe
02-14-2015, 01:04 PM

never know, that Miami team that knocked them out the last few years isn't there anymore

GoferKing_
02-15-2015, 12:16 AM
That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Either you misunderstood your brother or I fear for your brother's patients. I'm leaning to the former.

Maybe what he means is that after suffering such an injury the broken bone won't be in a 100% state that it was before. Pre and post injury bone are different.

beasted86
02-15-2015, 12:35 AM
Maybe what he means is that after suffering such an injury the broken bone won't be in a 100% state that it was before. Pre and post injury bone are different.

It's not as if a bone can develop scar tissue. So, yes the bones can 100% heal. The surrounding muscles or tissues may not ever be 100%, if any of it was even damaged, but that's unknown at this point.

The broken bones probably fully healed by December and all this time has been strengthening the surrounding area. Bone breaks heal surprisingly fast if they are properly immobilized.

Stunner
02-26-2015, 03:52 PM
@Pacers: Paul George is practicing with the team today and will speak to the media after practice. http://t.co/9VfLAKcz33

Stunner
02-26-2015, 03:56 PM
@CandaceDBuckner: "He looked good out there," Roy Hibbert on Paul George practicing with #Pacers today. "I think he did a helluva good job today."

@Pacers: Vogel: "No timetable for his return. He's got a long way to go before he gets cleared to play."

@Pacers: Vogel says Paul George is cleared to practice, not play. "He's just been doing a little more and more... Today was his first full practice."

Stunner
02-26-2015, 04:18 PM
@CandaceDBuckner: "Felt good. I'm still hopeful of (mid-March) return, but I'm a long ways away," Paul George after participating in 1st full #Pacers practice

KnicksorBust
02-26-2015, 10:04 PM
Would love to see a healthy PG lead the Pacers to the playoffs. Be a hell of a lot better than the East sending an extra fugazi playoff team.

SoCal Bob
02-27-2015, 02:13 PM
Love Pg13