PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings Says Lebron "runs too much when _ gets tough........."

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 01:15 PM
Apparently Jennings was tweeting about how Kobe was one of the greatest ever and someone brought Lebron into the conversation(shocker right?). Anyway here's some of the back and forth. The writer said Jennings "ripped" Lebron but I think he's being a bit sensitive it seemed like a good natured back and forth to me and he was even complimentary if you read all the tweets. Judge for yourself....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Detroit Pistons point guard Brandon Jennings is out for the season with a torn Achilles tendon, but his thumbs were healthy enough to rip LeBron James on Twitter Monday night.

In a discussion with a frequent NBA blogger on the social media site of the league's greatest all-time players, Jennings tweeted that James "run(s) too much when *&$% gets tough," a reference to James leaving the Cavaliers for Miami in 2010 and then rejoining Cleveland after the Heat lost in the Finals last summer.

Jennings went on to declare that James would end up as one of basketball's greatest, and even ranked the Cavs' superstar in his top 10 (for whatever that's worth).

But Jennings' first cut was the deepest. Without further ado...

12h
John Ledesma @JohnnyNBA

@BrandonJennings Bron will be up there if his career continues the way is going.

BRANDON JENNINGS ✔ @BrandonJennings
Follow
@JohnnyNBA he run too much when **** gets tough. Never just stuck it out. Like MJ. Magic. Bird. Kobe.

12h
John Ledesma @JohnnyNBA

@BrandonJennings Every* I still think he's going to be up there in the end.

Follow
@JohnnyNBA naw he will. I believe he will. I'm just old school I love the 80's & 90's ball

12h
LakersCrazies @lakers_crazies

"@BrandonJennings: @JohnnyNBA he run too much when **** gets tough. Never just stuck it out. Like MJ. Magic. Bird. Kobe." @KingJames

Follow
@lakers_crazies @JohnnyNBA @KingJames u can @ him Idc. U act like I said something other ppl haven't said. Shrugs. It's my opinion

12h
Thadeacon @NBAdeacon

@BrandonJennings all good, i thought he made the best move at the time. Cleveland was horrible n he didnt hv juice yet to pull guys in

Follow
@NBAdeacon are u serious? They got to the NBA finals. And had lost in the Eastern Conference finals.

Follow
1. Magic 2. Mj. 3. Kobe 4. Tim 5. Bird 6. Big O 7. Wilt 8. Lebron 9. Shaq 10. Idk. No order though

12h
John Ledesma @JohnnyNBA

Lebron fans vs Kobe fans attacking Jennings. Like that will solve anything. Unreal how immature people are.

Follow
@JohnnyNBA they act like I said Lebron was a terrible player. Lol. He's a Great

8:50 PM - 2 Feb 2015

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/02/brandon_jennings_lebron_james.html

FlashBolt
02-03-2015, 01:20 PM
Don't get mad when people bring up Kobe threads in the future.

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Don't get mad when people bring up Kobe threads in the future.

Im quoting Brandon Jennings, people can get mad at him if they want.

sixers247
02-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Brandon Jennings has to be one of the dumbest players in the league. HE also wouldn;t run to anyone because noone would want him.

FlashBolt
02-03-2015, 01:38 PM
Im quoting Brandon Jennings, people can get mad at him if they want.

Yeah, and you and I both know that this is just another Kobe fan trying to stir up more nonsense to prove Kobe>LeBron. Just saying; don't get mad when someone post's a Kobe going 1-18 from the field performance.

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Yeah, and you and I both know that this is just another Kobe fan trying to stir up more nonsense to prove Kobe>LeBron. Just saying; don't get mad when someone post's a Kobe going 1-18 from the field performance.

Look man Brandon Jennings made his take on Lebron. If you don't like his take feel free to not contribute, Im not getting goaded into the who's better debate for the millionth time.

Focus on Jennings or kick rocks....

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Brandon Jennings has to be one of the dumbest players in the league. HE also wouldn;t run to anyone because noone would want him.

My favorite part is when he gave his list but tried to slip in "but in no order tho."..... Come on bruh, you aint slick. We know damn well that order wasn't by accident. lol

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 01:48 PM
With his ability to play b-ball gone at the moment, he now how to much time on his hands.

Hangin n Wangin
02-03-2015, 01:53 PM
With his ability to play b-ball gone at the moment, he now how to much time on his hands.

I don't think you know hoops or the English language.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 01:59 PM
I don't think you know hoops or the English language.

What makes you think that?

FlashBolt
02-03-2015, 02:02 PM
What makes you think that?

Because you wrote: "he now how to much time on his hands."

Which was probably a typo anyhow. I think we all know what you meant to type anyways.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Because you wrote: "he now how to much time on his hands."

Which was probably a typo anyhow. I think we all know what you meant to type anyways.

He wanted to play stupid, as if he didn't know it was a typo, and insult me. So I was down to play his little game and dig deeper. I wanted to teach him that he doesn't want this. But yes, an obvious typo. And he obviously wanted to pick a fight and I am more than down.

Hangin n Wangin
02-03-2015, 02:18 PM
He wanted to play stupid, as if he didn't know it was a typo, and insult me. So I was down to play his little game and dig deeper. I wanted to teach him that he doesn't want this. But yes, an obvious typo. And he obviously wanted to pick a fight and I am more than down.

Internet tough guy. Please don't hurt me over the internet.

Vendetta_
02-03-2015, 02:25 PM
Who cares what Brandon Jennings thinks? Why is this even relevant? Not saying his opinion is right or wrong, but Brandon Jennings is a mediocre to above average guard.

KAJ/Shaq/Wilt all left the teams that drafted them, but I don't consider any of their legacies tarnished because of it. The only reason people blame Lebron is because he's from Ohio. If he was from New York, and he left Cleveland no one would care. Also it's just a constant backlash from "the decision".

A discussion of where Lebron will rank on the all time NBA players list is fine, but to act like because he left Cleveland it limits to how great his legacy could be is silly. Judge him by his play, but not by where he's playing.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 02:30 PM
Internet tough guy. Please don't hurt me over the internet.

You wreak of fear

2-ONE-5
02-03-2015, 02:32 PM
he didnt say anything that most dont think or have already said before.

FraziersKnicks
02-03-2015, 02:45 PM
He had Magic above MJ and didn't have Kareem and The Dream in his top 10. That tells you all you need to know about the extent of his basketball talent evaluation...

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 03:06 PM
he didnt say anything that most dont think or have already said before.

That's true but typically its coming from fans or analyst. Coming from someone that's actually in the league gives you a little more insight on how his peers view it.…..

TheIlladelph16
02-03-2015, 03:20 PM
He had Magic above MJ and didn't have Kareem and The Dream in his top 10. That tells you all you need to know about the extent of his basketball talent evaluation...

Yup. Who the **** cares what Brandon Jennings has to say on this topic? He's not even a particularly good player that his opinion would hold very much weight.

I want to know what JaKarr Sampson thinks about this. That's about as relevant as what Jennings has to say.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 03:23 PM
That's true but typically its coming from fans or analyst. Coming from someone that's actually in the league gives you a little more insight on how his peers view it...

I think saying "peers" is to blanket. Its just one guy. There are plenty of players that don't like other players on the court. This is probably just a case of Bron being a bit of a sore subject for him because of all the beatings Bron has given him over the years.

Dr. J doesn't have Jordan in his top five. Can we now deduce that is the way Mike's "Peers" feel about him?

PowerHouse
02-03-2015, 03:25 PM
Who cares what Brandon Jennings thinks? Why is this even relevant? Not saying his opinion is right or wrong, but Brandon Jennings is a mediocre to above average guard.

The thing is, its not just Brandon Jennings, he's just one of a long list of players/former players.

Even former teammates like Chris Bosh and Mario Chalmers or NBA legends like Michael Jordan or Paul Pierce have publicly ripped Lebron. BJ is just another one of the many and he wont be the last.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 03:32 PM
The thing is, its not just Brandon Jennings, he's just one of a long list of players/former players.

Even former teammates like Chris Bosh and Mario Chalmers or NBA legends like Michael Jordan or Paul Pierce have publicly ripped Lebron. BJ is just another one of the many and he wont be the last.

Dr. J, Big O,Kareem...just a short list of much better players who have ripped Jordan. At the end of the day, I don't listen to the bad things people say about a player, just the good. The good is usually the truth. The bad comes from a perspective of jealousy.

albertajaysfan
02-03-2015, 03:38 PM
Dr. J, Big O,Kareem...just a short list of much better players who have ripped Jordan. At the end of the day, I don't listen to the bad things people say about a player, just the good. The good is usually the truth. The bad comes from a perspective of jealousy.

So you only listen to the good people have to say about Kobe as well then?

Hangin n Wangin
02-03-2015, 03:40 PM
Yup. Who the **** cares what Brandon Jennings has to say on this topic? He's not even a particularly good player that his opinion would hold very much weight.

I want to know what JaKarr Sampson thinks about this. That's about as relevant as what Jennings has to say.

Who the **** cares what anyone in general has to say on the subject? Michael Jordan has regarded Kobe higher as a player than Lebron as well and he is the best that ever laced them up. Then people say, "oh...well he doesn't know **** about evaluating players". So the opinion or Jordan and Jennings don't matter? Who's does? If people aren't going to take the opinion of the greatest basketball player ever seriously, why should anyone take what a couple of terds on PSD think seriously? Just cause someone has the name "IKnowHoops" on here, we're supposed to believe he does? What about the opinion of Charles Barkley? He's a walking ignoramus. Honestly, who gives a flying rats *** who thinks who is better than who between Kobe and Lebron. Ultimately, it's just a bunch of people squabbling and bickering about something that has absolutely no effect on the outcome of their lives.

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 03:42 PM

Not to take a shot at you but that's a incredibly nave way to look at it. To just dismiss anything bad a player says as jealousy pretty is a huge assumption. You don't have to be jealous to point out the truth.

PowerHouse
02-03-2015, 04:01 PM

:clap:

LMAO. Exactly. Dude painted himself into a corner on that comment.

mngopher35
02-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Hasn't Jennings tweeted Kobe is goat (or at least over mj) before as well? He left Kareem off his list too it looks like. Not sure i would take his input seriously on any matter lol.

I mean its all his opinions which is fine and its nothing we haven't heard before really. Not sure why this would be a big deal at all though.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 04:21 PM

Yes...and we are talking about the players perspective. Ive never even really heard to many people other than Shaq talk bad about Kobe. And thats because he ratted him out and wouldn't pass him the ball. He was pissed at him during those times. But Now Shaq only praises Kobe, and on TNT went so far as to say "he's easy to play with". They were teammates so his perspective is a little different. The guys that we have been talking about were competitors of Lebron, and Jordan. Some competed on the floor, some compete in legacy, but they are all competitors. But again, I wouldn't listen to Raja Bell for instance going off on Kobe while they are fierce competitors. I will however listen Raja when he praises Kobe, because thats real, and not coming from a place of jealousy. Does that make sense?

Hangin n Wangin
02-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Yes...and we are talking about the players perspective. Ive never even really heard to many people other than Shaq talk bad about Kobe. And thats because he ratted him out and wouldn't pass him the ball. He was pissed at him during those times. But Now Shaq only praises Kobe, and on TNT went so far as to say "he's easy to play with". They were teammates so his perspective is a little different. The guys that we have been talking about were competitors of Lebron, and Jordan. Some competed on the floor, some compete in legacy, but they are all competitors. But again, I wouldn't listen to Raja Bell for instance going off on Kobe while they are fierce competitors. I will however listen Raja when he praises Kobe, because thats real, and not coming from a place of jealousy. Does that make sense?

If he says yes, will you stop talking?

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 04:24 PM
Who the **** cares what anyone in general has to say on the subject? Michael Jordan has regarded Kobe higher as a player than Lebron as well and he is the best that ever laced them up. Then people say, "oh...well he doesn't know **** about evaluating players". So the opinion or Jordan and Jennings don't matter? Who's does? If people aren't going to take the opinion of the greatest basketball player ever seriously, why should anyone take what a couple of terds on PSD think seriously? Just cause someone has the name "IKnowHoops" on here, we're supposed to believe he does? What about the opinion of Charles Barkley? He's a walking ignoramus. Honestly, who gives a flying rats *** who thinks who is better than who between Kobe and Lebron. Ultimately, it's just a bunch of people squabbling and bickering about something that has absolutely no effect on the outcome of their lives.

So my screen name makes you feel inadequate, and your screen name is hangin and wangin. I bet you drive a big lifted truck too! Don't take out your personal frustrations on me. Go talk to a guru or something.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 04:27 PM
Not to take a shot at you but that's a incredibly nave way to look at it. To just dismiss anything bad a player says as jealousy pretty is a huge assumption. You don't have to be jealous to point out the truth.

The thing is he doesn't know the history. He could of said the same about Wilt, but he didn't or doesn't even know anything about him. I think when your talking about running away, you have left the conversation about skills on the court and now are just going to something that bothers you. That really has nothing to do with who is better.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 04:29 PM
If he says yes, will you stop talking?

Why do you keep crying kid?

Nycbball08
02-03-2015, 04:30 PM
No one cares what Jennings has to say because he's trashing Lebron, but had he said Lebron was a top 5 player of all time he wouldn't be getting this much heat.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Trashing a fellow player is just a waste of time. Trashing a fellow player thats way better than you is a bigger waste. Trashing a fellow player for leaving a team when your getting dropped by them, is a sign of jealousy. They are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Saying one player is better than another is fine, but picking and choosing insignificant crap to hold against players is a joke. You can do that with anyone. Who you choose to do it to just shows who you have something against.

Chronz
02-03-2015, 04:44 PM
I dont get the argument "but they went to the Finals" as if that somehow separates Brons contributions from those Cavs. Jennings list is pretty bad tho, unless Im reading this exchange wrong but no Kareem? Really?

kdspurman
02-03-2015, 04:55 PM
Trashing a fellow player is just a waste of time. Trashing a fellow player thats way better than you is a bigger waste. Trashing a fellow player for leaving a team when your getting dropped by them, is a sign of jealousy. They are on complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Saying one player is better than another is fine, but picking and choosing insignificant crap to hold against players is a joke. You can do that with anyone. Who you choose to do it to just shows who you have something against.

Where exactly did he trash him though? He also said Lebron is one of the greatest ever and best SF ever and said he's top 10. He has an opinion like everyone else on Lebron leaving

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 04:59 PM

Is what he said really trash talking though? He's pointing out Lebron ran on two occasions after losing. I mean that's actually true. He also said he will go down as one of the greatest ever. Also true. What's so controversial about that?

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 05:01 PM
I dont get the argument "but they went to the Finals" as if that somehow separates Brons contributions from those Cavs. Jennings list is pretty bad tho, unless Im reading this exchange wrong but no Kareem? Really?

I think his they went to the Finals thing was in rebuttal to someone saying the Cavs where garbage. If you're playing in the Finals and then ECF its no fluke, your team is pretty well constructed...

Hangin n Wangin
02-03-2015, 05:03 PM
Is what he said really trash talking though? He's pointing out Lebron ran on two occasions after losing. I mean that's actually true. He also said he will go down as one of the greatest ever. Also true. What's so controversial about that?

He's just getting defensive like all other Lebron fan boys. There really isn't all that much else to it.

Chronz
02-03-2015, 05:37 PM
I think his they went to the Finals thing was in rebuttal to someone saying the Cavs where garbage. If you're playing in the Finals and then ECF its no fluke, your team is pretty well constructed...

I get the attempt, I dont understand the logic. What is he basing that thought on? Hes not separating the contributions of 1 man from those teams. A well constructed team doesn't completely rely on 1 player to that degree. His arguable 2nd best player was Mo Williams ffs. LOL its as if he would have given Bron more credit had he simply lost before advancing. Like lets say instead of Bron displaying an incredible level of play (like scoring 30 or whatever of your teams final PTS) he had lost in R1 or R2. Would that mean his team is worse when in reality he himself played worse?

I dont respect anyone with the ignorance to place Big O ahead of Kareem. Thats just me.

Hawkeye15
02-03-2015, 05:54 PM
Follow
@JohnnyNBA he run too much when **** gets tough. Never just stuck it out. Like MJ. Magic. Bird. Kobe.

wait, when did any of them have it so tough? Magic, Bird, and Kobe all had chip help by year 1-2, MJ by year 7. Why would they leave?

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 05:55 PM

Got nothing to do with anything on the court. Saying that Kobe is a rat or rapist may be true, but it has no bearing on his place on the all time list. Those are the type of things you say when you just don't like him though, not something you bring up when your talking about who is the best player.

Hawkeye15
02-03-2015, 05:56 PM

you really think his roster was championship level? The mere fact that he was so dominant in the east playoffs was the only reason they made it. Spurs just walled up on him and killed them in the finals. The FORCED that so called "finals" roster to beat them, and the results were not pretty.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 05:57 PM
Where exactly did he trash him though? He also said Lebron is one of the greatest ever and best SF ever and said he's top 10. He has an opinion like everyone else on Lebron leaving

It felt like cleanup. Saying "he runs when things get tough" has nothing to do with how good he is on the court. That is business off the court. And if trashing is to harsh a word so be it, but its not an endorsement, and its definitely a negative.

kdspurman
02-03-2015, 06:12 PM
It was felt like cleanup. Saying "he runs when things get tough" has nothing to do with how good he is on the court. That is business off the court. And if trashing is to harsh a word so be it, but its not an endorsement, and its definitely a negative.

I get it, but these athletes (especially someone of his caliber) will always have critics. What's the big deal? It has nothing to do with how good he is on the court, but people will still bring it up. And Lebron admitted how he went about it was not good, so you can't blame people for bringing it up. It left a bad taste for many people. I don't think anyone thinks that takes away anything from him as a player, it's just something that won't go away when some people bring up his ranks in terms of all time greats.

Running when things get tough is obviously not accurate by Jennings, but again it's just how 1 mans opinion. Everyone's got a different one

Bostonjorge
02-03-2015, 06:22 PM
We all know this will always be brought up when talking about James. When James is being inducted into the hall of fame, his teaming up will be brought up by the commentary. That's just the way it is.

Chronz
02-03-2015, 06:26 PM
wait, when did any of them have it so tough? Magic, Bird, and Kobe all had chip help by year 1-2, MJ by year 7. Why would they leave?

Magic has already admitted to not wanting the challenge of resurrecting a franchise. Kobe forced his way to a big market from day 1. Bird, never really had to do much but I would admit hes the toughest of them all, mentally at least.

In short, Jennings is showing his youth and ignorance with these sort of comments.

Chronz
02-03-2015, 06:27 PM
We all know this will always be brought up when talking about James. When James is being inducted into the hall of fame, his teaming up will be brought up by the commentary. That's just the way it is.

Its not just James tho. We contextualize a players performance with his teammates in mind for EVERYONE.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 06:36 PM
I get it, but these athletes (especially someone of his caliber) will always have critics. What's the big deal? It has nothing to do with how good he is on the court, but people will still bring it up. And Lebron admitted how he went about it was not good, so you can't blame people for bringing it up. It left a bad taste for many people. I don't think anyone thinks that takes away anything from him as a player, it's just something that won't go away when some people bring up his ranks in terms of all time greats.

Running when things get tough is obviously not accurate by Jennings, but again it's just how 1 mans opinion. Everyone's got a different one

The thing is though, the only people that bring it up are people that have something against him, or hold that against him.

There are plenty of people who believe he wasn't gifted a scenario such as Duncan, Kobe, Magic, or Bird. Shaq did the same thing "ran when things got tough" but because less people dislike him, it is brought up less. My whole point is that Jennings brought it up because he has something against him or what he did. That whole way of thinking is only shared by those who dislike Bron, its not brought up or held against Bron by people who like him. Its a nitpick. You can do that with any player...

Jordan had a gambling problem though...
Kobe is a rapist though...
Shaq runs when things get tough though...
Magic got aids though...
Lebron runs when things get tough though...

You bring them up when you dislike someone. Just because things happen, doesn't mean you talk about them or bring them up. Especially when they have nothing to do with there game. It will follow Lebron around, but it will only follow him around because there are people out there who don't like him. There are plenty of people who don't think he did anything wrong, and even more who don't care enough to dwell on it because it doesn't matter at all.

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 07:01 PM

The thing is though, the only people that bring it up are people that have something against him, or hold that against him.

There are plenty of people who believe he wasn't gifted a scenario such as Duncan, Kobe, Magic, or Bird. Shaq did the same thing "ran when things got tough" but because less people dislike him, it is brought up less. My whole point is that Jennings brought it up because he has something against him or what he did. That whole way of thinking is only shared by those who dislike Bron, its not brought up or held against Bron by people who like him. Its a nitpick. You can do that with any player...

Magic got aids though...

You bring them up when you dislike someone. Just because things happen, doesn't mean you talk about them or bring them up. Especially when they have nothing to do with there game. It will follow Lebron around, but it will only follow him around because there are people out there who don't like him. There are plenty of people who don't think he did anything wrong, and even more who don't care enough to dwell on it because it doesn't matter at all.

You're missing the point.You're confusing off court personal shots with basketball. Lebron did in fact leave two different teams after losses. That's a basketball fact. If he would've said "Lebron is a bad leader" or "that Decision spectacle showed his true character" that's a non basketball off the court personal shot.

See the difference?

We can justify why he ran but that doesn't change history. That's on his resume like it or not.

Chronz
02-03-2015, 07:08 PM

Magic got aids though...

Those are some pretty awful examples

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Those are some pretty awful examples

Yes because I don't even know or care about the things basketball players do outside of the 48 minute clock.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 07:14 PM
You're missing the point.You're confusing off court personal shots with basketball. Lebron did in fact leave two different teams after losses. That's a basketball fact. If he would've said "Lebron is a bad leader" or "that Decision spectacle showed his true character" that's a non basketball off the court personal shot.

See the difference?

We can justify why he ran but that doesn't change history. That's on his resume like it or not.

I think your confusing things that have to do with basketball with things that happen during the 48 minutes they are on the court. What you do during those 48 minutes are what define your all-time greatness. EVERYTHING outside of those 48 minutes are lumped together in the I DONT CARE AT ALL category.

Understand?

Chronz
02-03-2015, 07:17 PM

See the difference?

Agreed. The point hes failing to make, is that, history without regards to justification/context is an irrelevant mark on ones resume.

Not seeing the big deal about Bron leaving when his contract is out tho. I think in the long run we will look back on these moves and agree they were the correct decisions with regards to his stature as a player.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Leaving a team to play with better players should be held against a player as much as being gifted the scenario of having great players around you. Neither should be held against a player at all.

Chronz
02-03-2015, 07:21 PM
I think your confusing things that have to do with basketball with things that happen during the 48 minutes they are on the court. What you do during those 48 minutes are what define your all-time greatness. EVERYTHING outside of those 48 minutes are lumped together in the I DONT CARE AT ALL category.

Understand?

So if a player is cancerous off the court and it influences his teammates on the court as a result, you dont care?

Chronz
02-03-2015, 07:23 PM
Yes because I don't even know or care about the things basketball players do outside of the 48 minute clock.
But you're comparing getting aids and rape to actual basketball related aspects. I dont get that.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 07:26 PM
So if a player is cancerous off the court and it influences his teammates on the court as a result, you dont care?

Can you give me an example of this?

sammyvine
02-03-2015, 07:26 PM
lebron fans are so salty lol

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 07:29 PM
But you're comparing getting aids and rape to actual basketball related aspects. I dont get that.

The thing they all have in common is, they didn't happen during the 48 minutes on the court. No matter what you do in life, if while your on the court you straight ball, and you win rings, then you are a baller that won rings. If your the best player for those 48 minutes, then you are the best in basketball, and EVERYTHING that happens outside of that 48 minutes can't change that...not even a little bit.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 07:32 PM
If Jordan were to come out and say he was afraid every game he went out and played. If he shat his pants every time he saw Larry Bird and Magic. If he wanted to leave chicago every year and play with magic and bird because he knew it would be easier and less stressful...it wouldn't take away what he did.

The only thing we would know is that he thought all those things while being the best player in the NBA.

Hangin n Wangin
02-03-2015, 07:34 PM
If Jordan were to come out and say he was afraid every game he went out and played. If he shat his pants every time he saw Larry Bird and Magic. If he wanted to leave chicago every year and play with magic and bird because he knew it would be easier and less stressful...it wouldn't take away what he did.

The only thing we would know is that he thought all those things while being the best player in the NBA.

If he did those things, he wouldn't be the best player in the NBA. Are you a dodo bird?

Bruno
02-03-2015, 07:34 PM
Magic has already admitted to not wanting the challenge of resurrecting a franchise. Kobe forced his way to a big market from day 1. Bird, never really had to do much but I would admit hes the toughest of them all, mentally at least.

In short, Jennings is showing his youth and ignorance with these sort of comments.
thats interesting to me because I know that among Laker fans he does get that credit. justification being that the Lakers had one title between 1953 and his arrival. i guess the Lakers always felt relevant to the rest of the league because they made it to the finals so many times.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 07:36 PM
If he did those things, he wouldn't be the best player in the NBA. Are you a dodo bird?

How do you figure Mr. Shrivels?

The dodo bird went extinct years ago.

More-Than-Most
02-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Not sure which is worse... Jordan not 1 or Kobe ahead of those 7.

Hangin n Wangin
02-03-2015, 07:38 PM
How do you figure Mr. Shrivels?

The dodo bird went extinct years ago.

Please name me an effective NBA player that poops himself every time he takes the court, Mr. Dodo.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 07:40 PM
Please name me an effective NBA player that poops himself every time he takes the court, Mr. Dodo.

After you answer my question of how that would take away from what he did on the court already?

Bruno
02-03-2015, 07:44 PM
not that a tweet from a NBA player isn't forum relevant, but it does surprise me that were still taking Kobe/LeBron.

were living in the past. I know their two teams along with the Spurs have claimed 90% of all championships dating back to 1999, but the sand underneath the old guard has already fully shifted. this is the first year its blatantly obvious (that will be especially true if a young guard team takes the throne in June). The history books won't note last year as the year just because the Spurs still came out on top and their age, as opposed to their style of play gets a lot of the focus. it's a different league. it's amazing how much the old guard has its clamps on the championship reign, and how this year could easily be the breaking point where the new generation takes over.

the 90's draftees have owned the championships, with the exception to Miami. LeBron is the middle generations best bet for that generations cumulative historic title count. If it is just back-to-back for LBJ and never again, the 2003 draft class along with every draft from 1999-2006 will go down as unproportionally represented in the championship shifts, generation to generation. Miami in 2006 is weird to discuss, but its in-between.

there's just so much to pay attention to right now other than LBJ and Kobe. I'm not taking anything LeBron does seriously until tip off of game one, round one.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 07:45 PM

https://www.competitivedge.com/why-do-some-athletes-get-sick-their-stomach-games

A five-time NBA Most Valuable Player and a twelve-time All-Star, Russell was the ...... He was so tense before every game that he regularly threw up in the locker ...

Now please, shrivel away.

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 07:50 PM

thats interesting to me because I know that among Laker fans he does get that credit. justification being that the Lakers had one title between 1953 and his arrival. i guess the Lakers always felt relevant to the rest of the league because they made it to the finals so many times.

He sure does.The Lakers weren't some powerhouse team before Magic got there. They were very mediocre the previous year even with Kareem. Magic took them to an entire different level of being instant contenders....

Hangin n Wangin
02-03-2015, 07:52 PM
After you answer my question of how that would take away from what he did on the court already?

I already pretty much answered your mush brain of a question in one of my posts above. Jordan wouldn't be successful if those ridiculous scenarios you mentioned happen. Those scenarios are mutually exclusive. If Jordan pooped his pants and was scared to play against legends, there is no way he would have accomplished everything he did. He would have had to go to the restroom and clean himself up during crucial times during the games, which would have hurt his stats and his team. That's common sense and basically everyone, except you, would understand this.

The fact that you're trying to back up whatever it is you're trying to argue with a scenario in which Jordan poops his pants during games, shows that you have no idea what you're trying to even argue. Seems like you're just saying random things. My turn:

Giraffes are tall.
Guys have wieners.
People fart.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 08:09 PM
I already pretty much answered your mush brain of a question in one of my posts above. Jordan wouldn't be successful if those ridiculous scenarios you mentioned happen. Those scenarios are mutually exclusive. If Jordan pooped his pants and was scared to play against legends, there is no way he would have accomplished everything he did. He would have had to go to the restroom and clean himself up during crucial times during the games, which would have hurt his stats and his team. That's common sense and basically everyone, except you, would understand this.

The fact that you're trying to back up whatever it is you're trying to argue with a scenario in which Jordan poops his pants during games, shows that you have no idea what you're trying to even argue. Seems like you're just saying random things. My turn:

Giraffes are tall.
Guys have wieners.
People fart.

Bill Russell was scared enough to puke before very game. 11 rings later.

Wrong again shrivels

Chronz
02-03-2015, 08:13 PM
The thing they all have in common is, they didn't happen during the 48 minutes on the court. No matter what you do in life, if while your on the court you straight ball, and you win rings, then you are a baller that won rings. If your the best player for those 48 minutes, then you are the best in basketball, and EVERYTHING that happens outside of that 48 minutes can't change that...not even a little bit.

But the thing they dont have in common happen to relate more heavily with bball. You can see why someone would disregard acquiring a disease as opposed to choosing teammates in basketball, in a BASKETBALL related argument.

Can you give me an example of this?

Most famously, when Magic Johnson undermined the team in their repeat quest. You could argue Andrew Bynum did something similar to Pau/Lakers. Dont recall the specifics but are you suggesting its impossible for players to disrupt chemistry with their behaviour off the court?

Hangin n Wangin
02-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Bill Russell was scared enough to puke before very game. 11 rings later.

Wrong again shrivels

That's before the game, dodo. What about during the game?

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 08:20 PM

Giraffes are tall.
Guys have wieners.
People fart.

The best soccer player in the world also pukes before every match. Yet he's the best. How is this possible Mr. Shrivels. You said someone being this scared of competition could not do such things. Are you wrong? Are you the one with the mush brain who has no idea what he is talking about. Does my name have you so flustered that you are just coming at me with nothing.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rio-report/real-reason-why-lionel-messi-vomits-during-matches-141348707.html

Chronz
02-03-2015, 08:22 PM
He sure does.The Lakers weren't some powerhouse team before Magic got there. They were very mediocre the previous year even with Kareem. Magic took them to an entire different level of being instant contenders....

thats interesting to me because I know that among Laker fans he does get that credit.justification being that the Lakers had one title between 1953 and his arrival. i guess the Lakers always felt relevant to the rest of the league because they made it to the finals so many times.
Im pretty sure that was the entire point of Magic's threat. Not that it was all on him but he got all the glory and fame he sought.

It seems I was fairly loose with the term resurrecting, to Laker fans that implies that a team ever had a championship level to begin with. I was trying to convey the more daunting task of winning with a team in shambles vs one that had the leagues MVP, a great market and a history of significant relevance.

BTW, the Lakers actually won in 1954 as well.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 08:22 PM

The best soccer player puked 10 minutes in. Then he scored a goal. Now will you finally Shrivel and die quietly. You have nothing left. Your theory on this matter has been totally and completely debunked. Bye wee wee.

Tony_Starks
02-03-2015, 08:24 PM

Giraffes are tall.
Guys have wieners.
People fart.

The best soccer player in the world also pukes before every match. Yet he's the best. How is this possible Mr. Shrivels. You said someone being this scared of competition could not do such things. Are you wrong? Are you the one with the mush brain who has no idea what he is talking about. Does my name have you so flustered that you are just coming at me with nothing.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/the-rio-report/real-reason-why-lionel-messi-vomits-during-matches-141348707.html

Yo do you guys want to take this to direct messages or twitter or MySpace or something?.....My IQ is dropping with each retort

Chronz
02-03-2015, 08:27 PM

You dont understand the scope of the argument. What happens during the game is exactly what he covets. The posts you quoted are dealing with off the court details.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 08:30 PM
But the thing they dont have in common happen to relate more heavily with bball. You can see why someone would disregard acquiring a disease as opposed to choosing teammates in basketball, in a BASKETBALL related argument.

Most famously, when Magic Johnson undermined the team in their repeat quest. You could argue Andrew Bynum did something similar to Pau/Lakers. Dont recall the specifics but are you suggesting its impossible for players to disrupt chemistry with their behaviour off the court?

In the famous words of Sydney Deane "even the sun shines on a dogs a-- some day, anybody can win the lottery" In the extremely rare event that Magic undermined the team and was somehow able to make them loose from his actions off the court...I still don't think it took away from his ability or ranking on the all time list.

How did this effect Magic's all time status. This is literally the first I've heard of this from any poster so obviously no one cares. The point was it won't effect a players all time status and I think you have proven that point for me with this info about Magic. Never heard it brought up to why Magic is lower on the list than he could be. Have you?

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 08:31 PM
You dont understand the scope of the argument. What happens during the game is exactly what he covets. The posts you quoted are dealing with off the court details.

Yes exactly. I did bring up the Messi point to shut him up, but I didn't need to because as you said, that is outside the scope of my argument.

Chronz
02-03-2015, 09:02 PM
In the famous words of Sydney Deane "even the sun shines on a dogs a-- some day, anybody can win the lottery" In the extremely rare event that Magic undermined the team and was somehow able to make them loose from his actions off the court...I still don't think it took away from his ability or ranking on the all time list.
LOL, I was about to ask, "what makes it rare?" but you answered that for me with the next paragraph. I dont know if takes away from his ranking, but you do agree it takes away from his legacy (if true). The only way it could take away from his ranking is if you're telling me, you would move Magic up had he had another Finals appearance or championship to his name. Some people would, some wont. I wouldn't because no player is perfect and hes more than made up for it, but he would definitely be a greater player had he won even more, that much should be obvious to anyone.

How did this effect Magic's all time status. This is literally the first I've heard of this from any poster so obviously no one cares. The point was it won't effect a players all time status and I think you have proven that point for me with this info about Magic. Never heard it brought up to why Magic is lower on the list than he could be. Have you?
That its literally the first time you've heard of it isn't surprising, the masses dont really investigate the game beyond the rudimentary aspects. I've only proven this point for you if you are the type to side with whats popular instead of forming your own opinion off of what you learn over time.

Hawkize31
02-03-2015, 10:36 PM
Things were SO TOUGH in Miami when Lebron left.
4 straight finals appearances
Back to back championships, followed by a loss in the finals.

He must have decided all that winning was too much to take and he bailed.

ink
02-03-2015, 11:19 PM
Wow how many versions of the same dumb thread are possible. Always Kobe Lebron or some other nonsense.

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 12:15 AM
To end this silly debate, Jennings is the same guy who thought they had a chance at beating Miami a couple of years ago in the Playoffs. He ended up embarrassing himself and played horrific. He also had Kobe above MJ? In what frickin planet or reasoning would you have Kobe over MJ? Bird, Magic, Kobe, Jordan. All those guys had more help than LeBron had their first 7 seasons. Give me a break. Let's stick Mo Williams instead of Scott/Worthy/Kareem on the Lakers and then tell me Magic would be winning rings. LOL.

Bostonjorge
02-04-2015, 01:31 AM
Jennings has a point. James left Clevland for a super team. Not because there was any magic, bird or Jordan type players to beat but because James felt he need a super team to beat Jennings In the first rd, Nate Robinson in the 2nd and Roy Hibbert in the confrence finals. Kobe, Duncan, magic and bird never had this big of advantage. Not even close.

Then he leaves Miami, who where more then enough to get you to the finals to make another super team. I guess milllsap and Lowry scared him enough where he needed even a bigger advantage to stay in the game.

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 04:05 AM
LOL, I was about to ask, "what makes it rare?" but you answered that for me with the next paragraph. I dont know if takes away from his ranking, but you do agree it takes away from his legacy (if true). The only way it could take away from his ranking is if you're telling me, you would move Magic up had he had another Finals appearance or championship to his name. Some people would, some wont. I wouldn't because no player is perfect and hes more than made up for it, but he would definitely be a greater player had he won even more, that much should be obvious to anyone.

That its literally the first time you've heard of it isn't surprising, the masses dont really investigate the game beyond the rudimentary aspects. I've only proven this point for you if you are the type to side with whats popular instead of forming your own opinion off of what you learn over time.

I feel you, and I appreciate the info. And I agree when you say that his actions in this case would effect legacy. But again, I pretty much stick to the 48 minutes on the court. I don't really pay much attention to the drama that goes on outside of it. But in this case it would interest me because, if he actually made his team loose, it may as well been during the 48 minutes. I will have to research this and then see how I feel about it once I know exactly what happened. And even though his legacy would be effected, at first glance, I can't see it changing my opinion of his all time rank as a player. With or without this, his skill level, athletic ability, IQ and overall production is still the same. But again, I will look into this one. Its kind of interesting on its own anyway.

Tony_Starks
02-04-2015, 11:54 AM
To end this silly debate, Jennings is the same guy who thought they had a chance at beating Miami a couple of years ago in the Playoffs. He ended up embarrassing himself and played horrific. He also had Kobe above MJ? In what frickin planet or reasoning would you have Kobe over MJ? Bird, Magic, Kobe, Jordan. All those guys had more help than LeBron had their first 7 seasons. Give me a break. Let's stick Mo Williams instead of Scott/Worthy/Kareem on the Lakers and then tell me Magic would be winning rings. LOL.

What does any of that have to do with his opinion? He's actually in the NBA, do you really believe other players aren't saying or haven't said the same thing? When they brought old Damian Lillard tweets he pretty much said the same thing. Other players have too publicly.

As someone else previously stated when Lebron is long retired and headed into the HOF do you seriously think it won't be included that he ran to Miami and then ran back to Cleveland? God forbid he runs again, you don't think that will effect his legacy?