PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin: "Why I'm not dunking anymore"

Clippersfan86
02-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Paraphrased. Another fantastic article written by Griffin himself for Player Tribune (Derek Jeter's player written website). He admits to energy conserving like I suspected.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/why-aint-he-dunkin/

FraziersKnicks
02-02-2015, 02:10 PM
But why aren't you rebounding anymore?

sixers247
02-02-2015, 02:11 PM
Just want to help you out. Think you accidentally think you are posting all of these threads in the Clippers forum. Because these are so dumb and no one gives a flying ****.

Clippersfan86
02-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Just want to help you out. Think you accidentally think you are posting all of these threads in the Clippers forum. Because these are so dumb and no one gives a flying ****.

Never understood these comments. If you don't like it, don't read it. This is for people that have interest. Besides a Nate Robinson thread couple weeks back this is my first Clippers thread in like 5 or 6 months. So do yourself a favor and relax bro. It's not that serious.

Method28
02-02-2015, 02:34 PM
But why aren't you rebounding anymore?
Playing further out from the basket. Coyote that with DJ grabbing everything in sight and theres partial reason for the dip.

HoopsDrive
02-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Playing further out from the basket. Coyote that with DJ grabbing everything in sight and theres partial reason for the dip.

:laugh2:

Method28
02-02-2015, 02:51 PM
:laugh2:
Damn autocorrect. That's supposed to be "couple" hahah

Chronz
02-02-2015, 03:05 PM
It really is a funny article.

This aint his first year coasting either, just glad hes getting to the point where he can pace himself and hopefully remain healthy for the playoffs.

Chronz
02-02-2015, 03:24 PM

His rebounding has been declining for awhile but its come with improved defensive effort so I was all for the tradeoff. This year tho, BOTH have been sporadic, hes definitely coasting more than just on offense.

His rebounds do go up when DJ is on the bench but the same is true for Blake's teammates when he sits (and the team actually does a great job holding it down on the glass while hes gone). For the opportunities he has, hes rebounding at around the same level, hes just putting himself in that position less often because he leaks out more.

The good thing is his contested rebounding% hasn't declined as much as his overall rebounding%, so its likely more systematic than talent related and the team is finally elite on the defensive glass this year, but hes got to find a better balance. I'd rather be elite defensively and average on the glass than be elite on the glass and average defensively.

I expect him to either up his rebounding or his defensive focus come playoffs (hopefully gives us a different dynamic). If not, hes still having a great year and now that his jumper has come around, Im liking our chances more and more.

Goose17
02-02-2015, 04:19 PM
So every time I convince myself that I hate the guy and he's the enemy etc, he goes and says/does something that makes me laugh.

While Iím shooting with Bob, Tyson Chandler is in a gym somewhere trying to contest shots better and make me sad.

koreancabbage
02-02-2015, 07:07 PM
VC all over again?

lol

IndyRealist
02-02-2015, 10:42 PM
Damn autocorrect. That's supposed to be "couple" hahah

Spent at least 30 seconds trying to figure out what "Coyote that" means.

Avenged
02-02-2015, 11:38 PM
Coyote.

goingfor28
02-02-2015, 11:59 PM
Then don't click on the thread :shrug:

slashsnake
02-03-2015, 04:51 AM

Quick... while he isn't looking blink out the name of the guy with the gun to your head that is making you click on the thread which is aptly titled too. We'll get you the help you so desperately need.

colinskik
02-03-2015, 10:17 AM

Shut up.

Good article. Funny and well written. They have some good editors over there.

InRoseWeTrust
02-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Spent at least 30 seconds trying to figure out what "Coyote that" means.

I thought it was cool new slang. :shrug:

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 12:43 PM
Great article. I'd rather read these than the cull crap written by blowhard journalists who wish they were in the nba who have jealous undertones in all there articles. Good Job Jeter. Good Job Blake. I'm glad blake is realizing the importance of the coast. Only a matter of time before he hurts him self jumping out of the gym for lobs.