PDA

View Full Version : NBA over the next 50 years

Jeffy25
02-01-2015, 10:45 PM
What do you suspect will happen?

What records do you see falling?

What teams do you see moving?

Do you believe there will be an expansion?

A change to the draft and lottery system?

Do we see someone have a greater legacy then Jordan?

lol, please
02-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Hopefully no expansions, major franchise locations moves, or changes to the draft, lottery, or playoffs systems. Jordan will still be the goat. Shaq and Bird will still be criminally underrated on PSD. The Lakers never recover and stay an average team at best. Lebron wins no more rings. The warriors build a dynasty. The Wolves, Hawks, and Raptors become perennial contenders. The Sonics come back.

Jeffy25
02-01-2015, 11:40 PM
I agree, we see a Seattle Sonics team again

Deception
02-01-2015, 11:49 PM
I trust Adam Silver to keep the NBA solid, maybe even improve it from when he got it.

lakerfan85
02-01-2015, 11:58 PM
Seattle deserves a team..

lakerfan85
02-01-2015, 11:59 PM
Hopefully no expansions, major franchise locations moves, or changes to the draft, lottery, or playoffs systems. Jordan will still be the goat. Shaq and Bird will still be criminally underrated on PSD. The Lakers never recover and stay an average team at best. Lebron wins no more rings. The warriors build a dynasty. The Wolves, Hawks, and Raptors become perennial contenders. The Sonics come back.

The Wolves? Lol!!

Phantom Dreamer
02-02-2015, 12:03 AM
Seattle deserves a team..Based on what? I would love to see the SuperSonics again, but why does Seattle "deserve" a team? Does Detroit, Atlanta or Washington, D.C. "deserve" a team?

mngopher35
02-02-2015, 12:12 AM
The Wolves? Lol!!

Easily the best, most accurate part of his post. We comin!

lakerfan85
02-02-2015, 12:40 AM
Based on what? I would love to see the SuperSonics again, but why does Seattle "deserve" a team? Does Detroit, Atlanta or Washington, D.C. "deserve" a team?

Because they never should've lost their team to begin with..

torocan
02-02-2015, 02:53 PM
50 years is a loooong time, however if I were to make some predictions...

-European expansion
-Lottery reform
-Playoff bracket reform
-Increase in season length to reduce back to backs for at least nationally televised games (potential reduction of preseason)

I won't make any predictions as teams go. There's simply too much random stuff that can happen.

Goose17
02-02-2015, 03:17 PM

-European expansion
-Lottery reform
-Playoff bracket reform
-Increase in season length to reduce back to backs for at least nationally televised games (potential reduction of preseason)

I won't make any predictions as teams go. There's simply too much random stuff that can happen.

I agree with all of the above but I think the season length will remain the same and the amount of games will lower.

Also, adverts/sponsors on jerseys.

Sanjay
02-03-2015, 06:25 PM

-European expansion
-Lottery reform
-Playoff bracket reform

Would you be able to elaborate on European expansion and Playoff bracket reform?

Sanjay
02-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Lol these:

http://nbahoopsonline.com/Articles/2009-10/NBA-in-50-years.html

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2fr2cz/how_do_you_think_the_nba_will_look_in_50_years/

Avenged
02-03-2015, 06:43 PM
Hard to predict what happens in 5 years let alone 50.. idk, Kobe will probably still be playing.

Goose17
02-03-2015, 07:10 PM
Tim Duncan will be on his 14th championship?

Phantom Dreamer
02-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Based on what? I would love to see the SuperSonics again, but why does Seattle "deserve" a team? Does Detroit, Atlanta or Washington, D.C. "deserve" a team?

Because they never should've lost their team to begin with..J agree, but what is this about "deserving a team"? Why does any city "deserve a team"?

Chrisclover
02-06-2015, 01:18 AM
What do you suspect will happen?

What records do you see falling?

What teams do you see moving?

Do you believe there will be an expansion?

A change to the draft and lottery system?

Do we see someone have a greater legacy then Jordan?
50 years is too long a period to speak of. Maybe the NBA will disappear because everyone can be freaking athletic thanks to the advanced technologies. Lol. Just kidding.
How about 10 years? I see new teams in other countries. Maybe Europe and China.

Chrisclover
02-06-2015, 01:20 AM
Hard to predict what happens in 5 years let alone 50.. idk, Kobe will probably still be playing.
A 86 -year -old dinosaur. Lol

Chrisclover
02-06-2015, 01:22 AM
J agree, but what is this about "deserving a team"? Why does any city "deserve a team"?
Maybe because Seattle once had it, it deserves another chance. Just like a man deserves another chance to win back his girl. [emoji41]

R. Johnson#3
02-06-2015, 01:40 AM
Bill Russell will have won 78 rings.

Tony_Starks
02-06-2015, 01:43 AM
In 50 years stat geeks will be playing in the NBA. Controlling the bodies of athletically superb cyborgs electronically from the privacy of their couch. Until the day of revolution led by the great wise old hobbled Kobe and his George Jefferson looking assistant Pappa Lebron......

kingkenny01
02-06-2015, 02:01 AM
Bucks become the lakers of the last 50 years and the lakers become the bucks of the last 50 years, you heard it here first lol

Chrisclover
02-06-2015, 09:27 AM
Bucks become the lakers of the last 50 years and the lakers become the bucks of the last 50 years, you heard it here first lol
I refuse your gratuitous assumption. [emoji19]

Shammyguy3
02-06-2015, 10:15 PM
Newer iphones, that's for sure.

The NBA will expand, teams will be added to other major cities and struggle. The talent pool won't evolve fast enough to keep up with the # of teams. The speed of the game will change, because I see football having a downfall and the players that would normally be in the NFL may make it to the NBA.

The draft will be funneling players into the NBA's own developmental league which will be cool but nothing like the minors in baseball.