PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see a Black/Randle duo playing togheter?

PurpleLynch
02-01-2015, 11:10 AM
This season is another failure and we all know it. So free speculation:Randle is our best potential,but Black proved also that he can play the center role. Could Scott pair them up next season? Young and strong frontcourt duo that has a lot of potential imo.

LifeLongLaker
02-01-2015, 04:42 PM
This season is another failure and we all know it. So free speculation:Randle is our best potential,but Black proved also that he can play the center role. Could Scott pair them up next season? Young and strong frontcourt duo that has a lot of potential imo.

I like the potential. It has been a long time sense the Lakers had two physical players at forward in tandem to crash the basket. I don't like Black as Center, except maybe backup. We will likely lose Davis to FA; we need another good FA shooter to match with Kobe.

Still, too many holes. Center; point guard; it likely can't be a championship in 1 year. But we could make playoffs and that would be nice going away for Kobe; experience for younger players that we need to start stacking up.

Ty22Mitchell
02-01-2015, 06:03 PM
Clarkson, Black, Randle, and a top 5 pick are enough to keep me from complaining next year.

I haven't been able to follow LA closely this past week, can someone explain to me why Black isn't getting more minutes?

Jenceman
02-01-2015, 07:05 PM
Because Scott don't like rooks

PurpleLynch
02-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Clarkson, Black, Randle, and a top 5 pick are enough to keep me from complaining next year.

I haven't been able to follow LA closely this past week, can someone explain to me why Black isn't getting more minutes?

I really can't understand. We lack a force in the paint and we have a PF/C(6 foot 11 and 257 lbs) that has showed glimpses of brilliance and we don't let him play. Just hope he will be with us next season.

foonaka
02-02-2015, 10:27 AM

Because he's been out with an ankle injury. He returned against the Knicks yesterday and played 18 minutes.

Rocco007
02-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Tarik Black, Julius Randle and Stanley Johnson...Brutal 5-4- 3

rhd420
02-02-2015, 03:40 PM
Because Scott don't like rooks

At some point he has to ... just for the sake of seeing what they have
While of course we were all hoping for JR to have a great year - Clarkson and Black, heck I like Black's outlook on his opportunity

From the LA Times

Black, who actually said "opportunity" 11 times in the first three minutes of an interview Saturday, felt an immediate connection with Scott when the Lakers claimed him.

"As soon as I walked through the door, coach shook my hand and told me that as long as I work hard, I'll be all right out here. Usually coaches don't even really talk to us like that unless you're their franchise player or their top draft pick," Black said. "Undrafted guys? They don't give you the time of day. Coaches here have shown me love from day one."

When Saturday's interview sessions concluded, Black had one more thing to do.

He stuck out his hand and thanked a reporter for talking to him.

Sometimes being young, hungry and oblivious to a situation is a good thing ... where there was little to no expectations and exceeding it is a great start, I hope the kid keeps flourishing, but then again, will fans be upset if he does and messes up the "tank" process and or wants to get paid next season LOL

Either way ... like the kid's hustle and hope he never loses that

Jenceman
02-02-2015, 04:03 PM
At some point he has to ... just for the sake of seeing what they have
While of course we were all hoping for JR to have a great year - Clarkson and Black, heck I like Black's outlook on his opportunity

From the LA Times

Sometimes being young, hungry and oblivious to a situation is a good thing ... where there was little to no expectations and exceeding it is a great start, I hope the kid keeps flourishing, but then again, will fans be upset if he does and messes up the "tank" process and or wants to get paid next season LOL

Either way ... like the kid's hustle and hope he never loses that
Hopefully you're right, but Scott seems stubborn. I'd like to see him let them play, let them play through slumps and make mistakes and maybe someone will develop into something decent

rhd420
02-02-2015, 04:18 PM
Hopefully you're right, but Scott seems stubborn. I'd like to see him let them play, let them play through slumps and make mistakes and maybe someone will develop into something decent

I totally don't mind it especially this season for the mistakes and slumps especially this season - how else are you going to learn and no better in game situations, as I said little to no expectations - even Scott got his shot with Riley and if he doesn't realistically, even when this team is good I don't think he has the coaching cache like Phil to really say - our team's is bad, not playoff bound let's still play all the vets who will be gone next season.

There really isn't that much of a positive "not to" and then again, Lakers legend or not, Thibs maybe available depending on the rumors you might have heard next season

Ty22Mitchell
02-02-2015, 09:52 PM
I really can't understand. We lack a force in the paint and we have a PF/C(6 foot 11 and 257 lbs) that has showed glimpses of brilliance and we don't let him play. Just hope he will be with us next season.

I'd be ok with the lack of playing time if Jordan Hill was an all star, but that's not case.

Ty22Mitchell
02-02-2015, 09:53 PM
Because he's been out with an ankle injury. He returned against the Knicks yesterday and played 18 minutes.

Thanks.

McAllen Tx
02-02-2015, 10:57 PM
Yes I would like to see them play together. As for the little I've seen from Black I've liked. As for Randle, I wish I could've seen anything in the regular season against starting NBA players. If Randle plays up to his potential could be a very good front court in the future.

I just hope they ain't both made of glass.

THE_LOGO
02-03-2015, 05:29 PM
In response to the OP, I believe Black and Randle would work well together. Either Randle on the outside with Black posting up or Randle posting up with Black on the weak side. For bigs, I believe their game compliment each other.

As far as for the other posters saying Byron doesn't like rookies - see Clarkson. At this time, he's probably the 3rd string PG on the team but after Kobe went down, its time to find out what some people could do. As for the current other starters, I think they're looking to see if Kelly can play the 3 and showcasing all the others as possible trade bait. In addition to Ellington being showcased, he got the starting nod by default.

Black hurt his ankle a few games back and Byron hasn't seen him practice. Why play an injured player that could make it worse when he could possibly be one of the building blocks of this team next year?

dhunutbai
02-05-2015, 03:41 AM
Nope what I wanna see is ANTHONY DAVIS/ RANDLE !!!!!

lakersfan01
02-05-2015, 02:30 PM
No… I'd like to see a M.Gasol/J.Randle or L.Aldridge/J.Randle duo up front. I think we should set higher aspirations than T.Black playing next to J.Randle :laugh2:

royal bob
02-08-2015, 05:48 PM
Due to my work schedule, I'm watching my second Lakers game of the season. The Lakers are down 15 at halftime to the Cavs. My thoughts on what I've seen so far....

Clarkson, Johnson, Black, Davis....are players I want in this rotation for the future. Randle obviously, and get at least two keepers out of the upcoming draft.

Ellington, Sacre, Kelly, Lin....should be shown the door. None are worth anything....dont even waste time suggesting some other team will give a first round pick for them...they are garbage, and anyone with eyes can see it.

Nick Young has to have a Come to Jesus discussion with the management. Unless he decides to start playing professional basketball, he needs to be dealt. Hopefully, we can get at least a mid 2nd round pick for him.

Carlos Boozer can come back if the price is right. He is no longer an $8 million + player in this league. Bring him back if he'll sign for $5-$6 million

Teeboy1487
02-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Would prefer Okafor/Towns and Randle more.

eso
02-09-2015, 02:49 AM
I would like to see him as Randles backup.

bleedprple&gold
02-09-2015, 03:35 AM
Black is a role player at best off the bench. He's not a starting caliber center.

Laker Legend42
02-09-2015, 06:36 AM
I still think if john Randall had stayed healthy he would have been traded. Two reasons why.
1) I don't think the lakers were that high on a 6ft 8/9 power forward with short arms. He's not a freak athlete like Kenneth faried and may not be quick enough to give any minutes at the small forward position.

2) the lakers bring in two veteran power forwards that are sure to take minutes away from Randall.