PDA

View Full Version : Writer Predicts Cousins Will be Arrested

Tony_Starks
01-30-2015, 05:38 PM
Apparently about five years ago some popular writer predicted that "there's a 100% chance Cousins will be arrested for something within the next 5 years." Well today is the anniversary and apparently Cousins didn't forget and is asking his fans to show the guy a little love.

This stuff is just wrong on so many levels. First off its kind of mind boggling that people are still ignorant enough to equate a persons on court demeanor to them being a thug off the court. Secondly its cornball writers like this that contribute to players getting branded. They perpetuate these negative perceptions about players based on nothing but their personal dislike for them then get on their high horse when the players lash out at them.

For the writers part he volunteered to donate a whopping $5,000 to the charity of Cousins choice.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/cousins-proves-prediction-wrong-doesnt-get-arrested

mngopher35
01-30-2015, 05:43 PM
I agree, it is dumb for writers to say stuff like that about a player (especially when they probably know little about them). I do like that he's donating the money though.

FraziersKnicks
01-30-2015, 05:49 PM
Another reason to love Boogie

Tony_Starks
01-30-2015, 06:01 PM
I would love to see that guys twitter right now!

SF8
01-30-2015, 06:02 PM
I would love to see that guys twitter right now!

He's getting blasted by moronic Kings fans who are making classless threats and insults. The writer made a mistake, he owned it and has moved on. Idiotic fans should do the face.

The responses he's getting on Twitter are a joke.

JNA17
01-30-2015, 06:09 PM
To be fair the writer is owning up to his mistake. Many other people would just cower away.

colinskik
01-30-2015, 06:33 PM
Not sure when sports writers were given free reign to be opinion writers, but this right here is all the evidence you need that they should stick to writing about the sports.

Tony_Starks
01-30-2015, 07:08 PM
To be fair the writer is owning up to his mistake. Many other people would just cower away.

What choice does he have? When you put yourself out there like that there's no hiding, especially for a columnist. What's left of his credibility would've been shot....

PurpleLynch
01-31-2015, 07:05 AM
Cousins is awesome,he holds grudges like no one else.

Ariza's Better
01-31-2015, 08:23 AM
It was a dumb tweet 5 years ago he owned up to it and apologised. And while it was a fun tweet by cousin it was incredibly stupid by him to create this witch hunt.

Verbal Christ
01-31-2015, 11:16 AM
All the fouls he commits should be a crime

phantasyyy
01-31-2015, 12:49 PM
It was a dumb tweet 5 years ago he owned up to it and apologised. And while it was a fun tweet by cousin it was incredibly stupid by him to create this witch hunt.

The mans not allowed to call out someone who talked trash about him?

IndyRealist
01-31-2015, 02:17 PM
Apparently about five years ago some popular writer predicted that "there's a 100% chance Cousins will be arrested for something within the next 5 years." Well today is the anniversary and apparently Cousins didn't forget and is asking his fans to show the guy a little love.

This stuff is just wrong on so many levels. First off its kind of mind boggling that people are still ignorant enough to equate a persons on court demeanor to them being a thug off the court. Secondly its cornball writers like this that contribute to players getting branded. They perpetuate these negative perceptions about players based on nothing but their personal dislike for them then get on their high horse when the players lash out at them.

For the writers part he volunteered to donate a whopping $5,000 to the charity of Cousins choice.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/kings/cousins-proves-prediction-wrong-doesnt-get-arrested
I can almost guarantee it was nothing personal. The guy was looking for page clicks and so wrote something controversial that he thought no one would remember by the time he was proven wrong.

Ariza's Better
01-31-2015, 05:17 PM
He can. But Cousins also called for people to attack him which created this mob sending this man death threats.

Tony_Starks
01-31-2015, 08:04 PM
He can. But Cousins also called for people to attack him which created this mob sending this man death threats.

Cousins exact words were "let's make sure to show him some love." That's a far cry from calling people to attack and threaten him. Twitter is full of ignorant people, I'm sure when the writer tweeted what he did about Cousins his followers where probably calling him everything short of the N word, and maybe that too......

Ariza's Better
01-31-2015, 08:36 PM
Cousins exact words were "let's make sure to show him some love." That's a far cry from calling people to attack and threaten him. Twitter is full of ignorant people, I'm sure when the writer tweeted what he did about Cousins his followers where probably calling him everything short of the N word, and maybe that too......
Come on, We know what he meant by saying that. And cousins knew that people would be tweeting threats towards him. And if he didn't then he is internet stupid.

t_money25
01-31-2015, 08:40 PM

This. I have no sympathy for anyone from the media that's willing to write such nonsense about a player without any substance. Every negative tweet and Instagram post that's written by kings fans are well deserved minus the death threats. You make you bed, you lay in it.

Chrisclover
01-31-2015, 10:20 PM

$5,000 and it is called a whopping amount of money?he must be poor.:eyebrow:

Cal827
01-31-2015, 10:25 PM
No issue with the Response. Writer deserves it. Don't call people future Jailbirds with nothing to back your point up (other than he's a bit of a nut on the court).

mike_noodles
01-31-2015, 11:41 PM
$5,000 and it is called a whopping amount of money?he must be poor.:eyebrow:

I don't think the average person could afford a $5k donation. I know I couldn't.

Sactown
02-01-2015, 12:59 AM
I'm glad he has that kind of chip on his shoulder than the day the 5 years is up he retweetwe it... Im as large a kings fan as there are and I'm not looking to hunt this guy down ..

DemarDerozan
02-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Boogie continuing to prove people wrong on multiple levels.