PDA

View Full Version : DMC Snubbed: Thoughts?

JasonJohnHorn
01-30-2015, 09:47 AM
First, let me say, I fawking LOVE Tim Duncan.

But seriously? 14 points and 10 boards to 23 points and 12 boards?

Cousins is having an AMAZING year. And the team started off well until they had a slide and then ownership decided to fire their coach.

This isn't the MVP award. It isn't about the 'best players on the best teams'. It is an All-Star game.... what more is DMC going to have to do to make the roster? The Dude is shooting .481 from the floor and over .800 from the free throw line. His personal fouls and turnovers are still high, but he's getting more assists and he has respectable steals and blocks per-game averages.

I'm not saying that DMC is perfect, or that he's a better defender than Duncan, but he is having a huge season and at this point in their respective careers, I think DMC really deserved this over Duncan.

Thoughts?

Miltstar
01-30-2015, 10:28 AM
DMC deserves to be there no doubt, but so does Timmy D in what could be his last season in the NBA (you never know). The west is so good someone is gonna get left out, he still might make it in as an injury replacement though I suspect Lillard will take Kobe's spot

Hawkeye15
01-30-2015, 10:36 AM
DMC isn't the first victim of sending in an all timer who doesn't belong there, and he won't be the last.

kdspurman
01-30-2015, 10:47 AM
Duncan's having a really good year in 30mpg... and has kept the team afloat with all the injuries..

14.7ppg/10rpg/3apg/2bpg
1st in the NBA in DRPM
8th in RPM (2nd among PFs)

Cousins is also deserving. Idk why it's a Duncan vs Cousins thing. Like I said in another thread, how about Cousins instead of Durant? OKC has 2 guys and currently the 10th seed. Mavs don't have anyone, Suns don't have anyone, Blazers have 1 guy.

It's going to happen every year, especially in the west. It's unfortunate, but that's how it is. I highly doubt coaches look at guys stat lines and say, this guy is better than this guy, so he should get in.

FraziersKnicks
01-30-2015, 11:10 AM
I think Timmy actually deserves it. The problem here is KD. No way should someone who hasn't even played enough games to qualify for the scoring title be in the All-Star game over someone playing like DMC.

Swap KD for DMC and Kobe for Lillard and that's exactly what I predicted.

Curry
Harden
Griffin
Davis
Gasol

CP3
Lillard
Westbrook
Thompson
Aldridge
Duncan
Cousins

Miltstar
01-30-2015, 11:18 AM
KD will bring in much higher TV ratings and all around buzz than Cousins or Damien Lillard as much as you don't want it to it definately plays a role

kdspurman
01-30-2015, 11:26 AM
KD will bring in much higher TV ratings and all around buzz than Cousins or Damien Lillard as much as you don't want it to it definately plays a role

No doubt about it.

D-Leethal
01-30-2015, 11:30 AM
This might be Timmy's last run. Boogie will have his chance.

FraziersKnicks
01-30-2015, 11:33 AM
This might be Timmy's last run. Boogie will have his chance.

As will KD, Timmy should've got his last run and Boogie his first.

ManningToTyree
01-30-2015, 11:46 AM
DMC isn't the first victim of sending in an all timer who doesn't belong there, and he won't be the last. this. Happens all the time.

Tony_Starks
01-30-2015, 11:52 AM
First player I've ever seen get snubbed on back to back 20plus 10plus seasons. It is a damn shame and they can stop with the team record excuse because they put Kevin Love on the team when the Wolves were garbage.

Duncan gets in on pure nostalgic sentiment and sheer hating on Cousins....

tredigs
01-30-2015, 12:19 PM
First player I've ever seen get snubbed on back to back 20plus 10plus seasons. It is a damn shame and they can stop with the team record excuse because they put Kevin Love on the team when the Wolves were garbage.

Timmy is still killing it on D, suitable on O and there's nothing new about giving a legend the benefit of the doubt.

That said, DMC has been crushing. The Kings completely fall apart without him. He's past due to be an AS. Sucks for him that he plays in the West.

Goose17
01-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Legends get a pass based on their legacy, obviously. Same reason people voted Kobe as a starter.

On top of that the West is so deep there was always going to be snubs.

I think Cousins deserves to make it personally, but I get it. And besides, it's only a popularity contest, being an all star means absolutely nothing.

lamzoka
01-30-2015, 12:37 PM
cousin's attitude is the reason why he kept getting snubbed. Opposing coaches sees the way he acts on the court too.

kdspurman
01-30-2015, 12:38 PM

C'mon, if they voted Kobe in over a Dame Lillard you wouldn't be upset, would you? :)

Wade n Fade
01-30-2015, 12:45 PM
Fans voting is unnecessary. Kobrick shouldn't be an all-start. It takes away from James Harden starting and then the league votes to give Harden a reserve spot, which is taken away from DMC. It's just disgusting how the fans think that a guy with the worst shooting % all time for a 20 ppg scorer in a single season is an all-star. Popularity as a voting premise is dumb.

Tony_Starks
01-30-2015, 12:46 PM

C'mon, if they voted Kobe in over a Dame Lillard you wouldn't be upset, would you? :)

I'm not upset because that's a fan vote based off who their favorite player is. The coaches supposedly are the ones that make sure the most deserving players get there, they're not supposed to buy into popularity contest....

tredigs
01-30-2015, 12:46 PM
cousin's attitude is the reason why he kept getting snubbed. Opposing coaches sees the way he acts on the court too.
This probably has something to do with it, agreed. Not as much as playing in the West, but it plays a factor.

kdspurman
01-30-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm not upset because that's a fan vote based off who their favorite player is. The coaches supposedly are the ones that make sure the most deserving players get there, they're not supposed to buy into popularity contest....

I'm saying if the coaches voted him in if he wasn't starting. (hypothetical)

And Timmy definitely wouldn't win a popularity contest lol

Tony_Starks
01-30-2015, 12:53 PM

I'm saying if the coaches voted him in if he wasn't starting. (hypothetical)

And Timmy definitely wouldn't win a popularity contest lol

If Lillard deserved it more and the coaches choose Kobe I would say the same thing, Lillard got robbed. By both the numbers and eye test there's just no way those two should not be playing......

kdspurman
01-30-2015, 01:00 PM
If Lillard deserved it more and the coaches choose Kobe I would say the same thing, Lillard got robbed. By both the numbers and eye test there's just no way those two should not be playing......

I agree with you there. I just don't think the issue is TD. I know Durant is Durant, reigning MVP, 2nd best player in the league, ratings, etc... But the guy has missed so much time this year.

Goose17
01-30-2015, 01:01 PM
Fans voting is unnecessary. Kobrick shouldn't be an all-start. It takes away from James Harden starting and then the league votes to give Harden a reserve spot, which is taken away from DMC. It's just disgusting how the fans think that a guy with the worst shooting % all time for a 20 ppg scorer in a single season is an all-star. Popularity as a voting premise is dumb.

I think they need to decide the full roster the same way they do the bench. And then from the roster, the fans get to vote who starts.

Ezio
01-30-2015, 02:18 PM
Can you guys wait till the replacements are done as well?

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 26s26 seconds ago
ESPN sources DeMarcus Cousins will be announced today as a Western Conference All-Star via injury replacement for Kobe Bryant

C the G
01-30-2015, 02:36 PM
DMC ABSOLUTLY deserved to be an all-star this year, however, this is a fine example of "there just wasn't enough seats at the table". While DMC deserved to be there, so did everyone else who made, including Timmy D. It is what it is. Personally, I think it has 50% to do with his attitude, and 50% to do with playing for the small market Kings. Hopefully he uses this as a motivator to get even better and show the world that he should be a All-Star for the next 8-10 years. I would LOVE to see DMC play for a contender.

Aust
01-30-2015, 02:39 PM
DeMarcus Cousins @boogiecousins 4h

Today's the day!! Let's all show him some love!! @ClayTravisBGID http://instagram.com/p/ye2rZfAHAG/

lol! Awesome

tredigs
01-30-2015, 03:26 PM
New thought: He got in!

IndyRealist
01-30-2015, 03:30 PM
DMC ABSOLUTLY deserved to be an all-star this year, however, this is a fine example of "there just wasn't enough seats at the table". While DMC deserved to be there, so did everyone else who made, including Timmy D. It is what it is. Personally, I think it has 50% to do with his attitude, and 50% to do with playing for the small market Kings. Hopefully he uses this as a motivator to get even better and show the world that he should be a All-Star for the next 8-10 years. I would LOVE to see DMC play for a contender.
It definitely was the lack of spots, but I'd say it was 33% attitude, 33% small market, and 33% team record. The Spurs are a playoff team, the Kings are not. After all is said and done, he got in though.

Tony_Starks
01-30-2015, 05:05 PM
Glad the Comish did the right thing. If reputation kept you off all-star games then there's a lot of great players that would've never played. Rodman, AI, Sheed, Ron Artest to name a few.....

ISIAH_THOMAS
01-30-2015, 06:31 PM
the West is just too deep, Lillard should be on this team. Good that DMC got in even though it had to take an injury to get him there

ISIAH_THOMAS
01-30-2015, 06:35 PM
I wonder if a guy like lillard will want to go to a big market to start getting his proper recognition. Same as Boogie Cousins

SPURSFAN1
01-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Duncan is way better than DMC. **** your stats. Duncan just came back from winning his 5th championship as the best spur for the playoffs. They are making the playoffs and will likely be a high seed and have a great chance at repeating. Meanwhile DMC stat pads just like all the other bad players that can't will their team to a playoff birth.

SPURSFAN1
01-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Duncan keeps it low key during the season but blows everyone out during the playoffs. All stars are elite players and not all about regular season stats.

SPURSFAN1
01-30-2015, 07:36 PM
Coaches thoughts "who do you don't want to face in the playoffs?"

ding ding ding.

Goose17
01-30-2015, 07:38 PM
Duncan keeps it low key during the season but blows everyone out during the playoffs. All stars are elite players and not all about regular season stats.

All Stars are popular players. End of. It's all about popularity and not about talent in the slightest.

SPURSFAN1
01-30-2015, 07:40 PM
All Stars are popular players. End of. It's all about popularity and not about talent in the slightest.

Didn't know that. Thanks.

Tony_Starks
01-30-2015, 07:44 PM
Can't wait to watch Lillard go HAM the second half of the season. This snub is just more motivation and he was already killing it.

Goose17
01-30-2015, 08:22 PM
Didn't know that. Thanks.

Yeah I noticed, after you said "all star is about elite players" I realised you didn't have a clue what it was really about, popularity.

SPURSFAN1
01-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Yeah I noticed, after you said "all star is about elite players" I realised you didn't have a clue what it was really about, popularity.

:laugh2:

LakersIn5
01-30-2015, 08:43 PM
first, let me say, i fawking love tim duncan.

Cousins is having an amazing year. And the team started off well until they had a slide and then ownership decided to fire their coach.

this isn't the mvp award. It isn't about the 'best players on the best teams'. It is an all-star game.... What more is dmc going to have to do to make the roster? The dude is shooting .481 from the floor and over .800 from the free throw line. His personal fouls and turnovers are still high, but he's getting more assists and he has respectable steals and blocks per-game averages.

I'm not saying that dmc is perfect, or that he's a better defender than duncan, but he is having a huge season and at this point in their respective careers, i think dmc really deserved this over duncan.

Thoughts?

bingo!!!

THE MTL
01-30-2015, 09:22 PM
Im sry but 14ppg 10rpg is NOT an all star. Duncan has done alot in his career but this nostalgic allstar gift just isnt fair.

Back in the early 2000s, superstars made the team. The flashiest and most skilled guys in the league. But nowadays with this whole team record and best teams should have multiple allstars just isnt fair to guys who get shafted cause they play on bad teams.

Duncan doesn't even like playing in the allstar game. Plays like 5-10 minutes and then tells the coach to sit him

Sactown
01-30-2015, 10:54 PM
Duncan is way better than DMC. **** your stats. Duncan just came back from winning his 5th championship as the best spur for the playoffs. They are making the playoffs and will likely be a high seed and have a great chance at repeating. Meanwhile DMC stat pads just like all the other bad players that can't will their team to a playoff birth.

Lol was it bad stats on a bad team when he dragged a team to a 9-5 with his orgional coach? He is an animal and under Malone the Kings starting 5 had the number one ranked defense because of him... You're absolutely batshit and factual inaccurate if you think Duncan is better than DMC now...

Also here's a random question? ( before he got in because of injury replacement) what player(s) missed the all star gaming averaging 24/12 during that season ?

DMC last season and this season... That's it .. obviously that changes because of the injury replacement but he's been the best (maybe 2nd) of all the FC players this season

SPURSFAN1
01-31-2015, 01:45 AM
Im sry but 14ppg 10rpg is NOT an all star. Duncan has done alot in his career but this nostalgic allstar gift just isnt fair.

Back in the early 2000s, superstars made the team. The flashiest and most skilled guys in the league. But nowadays with this whole team record and best teams should have multiple allstars just isnt fair to guys who get shafted cause they play on bad teams.

Duncan doesn't even like playing in the allstar game. Plays like 5-10 minutes and then tells the coach to sit him

Did you see the Spurs playoffs last year? He carried in dallas, played well vs blazers, went ham vs okc and played great vs the back2back champs. If there was an award for best player for the winning team for the whole playoffs, Duncan wins hands down. That's not nostalgia. He did the same the playoffs b4. He's still the same freaking player. Expect to see him do the same this year. The coaches don't vote on who has the best numbers. They vote on who they think are the best players. Cousins isn't there even with his "stat" line. Don't give me this "oooh the coaches don't like him". Please it's a crutch. The best basketball minds just felt Duncan was better than DMC for a lot of factors besides stats. Deal wit it.

ISIAH_THOMAS
01-31-2015, 02:19 AM
If Duncan was on the Kings they still wouldn't make the playoffs.

SPURSFAN1
01-31-2015, 02:21 AM
If Duncan was on the Kings they still wouldn't make the playoffs.

Yeah ****ing right. Would be on pace for a 50 win season. Something they aren't too familiar with.

SPURSFAN1
01-31-2015, 02:29 AM
For ****s sake guys.

Let me drop some truth. 2014 playoffs.

Win Shares Per 48 Minutes

1. LeBron James-MIA .270
2. Tiago Splitter-SAS .239
3. Taj Gibson-CHI .221
4. Tim Duncan-SAS .204
5. Trevor Ariza-WAS .202
6. Chris Paul-LAC .195
7. Kawhi Leonard-SAS .191
8. Dwight Howard-HOU .185
9. Manu Ginobili-SAS .184
10. Chris Andersen-MIA .175

Win Shares

1. LeBron James-MIA 4.3
2. Tim Duncan-SAS 3.2
3. Kawhi Leonard-SAS 2.9
4. Paul George-IND 2.7
5. Tiago Splitter-SAS 2.6
6. Russell Westbrook-OKC 2.5
7. Kevin Durant-OKC 2.5
8. Manu Ginobili-SAS 2.2
9. Chris Bosh-MIA 2.0
10. Boris Diaw-SAS 2.0

His per minute production is high and his totals is high meaning he played great with a ton of playing time.
This is the ****ing playoffs with all great teams. He could easily pull the lowly kings to 50wins and a playoff birth.

SPURSFAN1
01-31-2015, 02:44 AM
some highlights game 6 okc last year. he also did the same to the grizz the year b4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwhW0qSm5zI

Sactown
01-31-2015, 12:24 PM
some highlights game 6 okc last year. he also did the same to the grizz the year b4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwhW0qSm5zI

You're such a blind homer if you think Duncan can carry the Kings without DMC to 50 wins...

kdspurman
01-31-2015, 01:58 PM
You're such a blind homer if you think Duncan can carry the Kings without DMC to 50 wins...

At this point in Tim's career? Nah... lol. He may help in some areas, but he can't carry the burden like he used to over the course of 82 games. It's why he is able to play better/more in the playoffs the last few years cause his minutes are managed well during the season.

SPURSFAN1
01-31-2015, 03:41 PM

You're a hater if you don't.

FraziersKnicks
01-31-2015, 03:56 PM

The classic PSD response in its finest form.

SPURSFAN1
01-31-2015, 04:17 PM
The classic PSD response in its finest form.

Eye for an eye I suppose.

Sactown
01-31-2015, 05:04 PM
Eye for an eye I suppose.
Dude I'm not talking about prime Duncan... I'm talking about the dude who plays 30 minutes a game and gets 14/10... you severly give little credit to all of his fantastic teammates and the best coaching staff in the league

benzni
01-31-2015, 11:44 PM

This basically derailed the argument.

SPURSFAN1
02-01-2015, 03:42 AM
This basically derailed the argument.

Calling me a blind homer doesn't count? Guess you weren't paying attention.

SPURSFAN1
02-01-2015, 03:44 AM
Dude I'm not talking about prime Duncan... I'm talking about the dude who plays 30 minutes a game and gets 14/10... you severly give little credit to all of his fantastic teammates and the best coaching staff in the league

That 14/10 player is way better than your DMC. By a landslide. The coaches felt the same.

Sactown
02-01-2015, 04:33 AM
That 14/10 player is way better than your DMC. By a landslide. The coaches felt the same.
Lifetime achievement award

DitchDat
02-01-2015, 05:02 AM
Timmy D is a HOF'er. These things happen.

Chrisclover
02-01-2015, 05:43 AM
First, let me say, I fawking LOVE Tim Duncan.

Cousins is having an AMAZING year. And the team started off well until they had a slide and then ownership decided to fire their coach.

This isn't the MVP award. It isn't about the 'best players on the best teams'. It is an All-Star game.... what more is DMC going to have to do to make the roster? The Dude is shooting .481 from the floor and over .800 from the free throw line. His personal fouls and turnovers are still high, but he's getting more assists and he has respectable steals and blocks per-game averages.

I'm not saying that DMC is perfect, or that he's a better defender than Duncan, but he is having a huge season and at this point in their respective careers, I think DMC really deserved this over Duncan.

Thoughts?
It's hard for a player his age to get 14and 10. This is also amazing achievement worthy of getting in the asg

kdspurman
02-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Lifetime achievement award

I don't think that's what it is at all. he's just deserving this year. that doesn't mean DMC isn't either.

nastynice
02-01-2015, 01:45 PM
DMC isn't the first victim of sending in an all timer who doesn't belong there, and he won't be the last.

x2.

Looking at the all star roster, Duncan sticks out like a sore thumb. Clearly inferior to all the other players on that list. lol, might as well have kobe in there.

nastynice
02-01-2015, 01:47 PM

uhhh....:hide:

Sactown
02-01-2015, 05:46 PM
I don't think that's what it is at all. he's just deserving this year. that doesn't mean DMC isn't either.

Eh even on the #1 team in the west averaging 14/10 would seem weird to be on the all star team let alone a guy who who's on the 7th ranked team in the west.

Tim Duncan is a quality player in this league and provides a lot, but he isn't even arguably the best player on that roster.

Dmc is clearly having a better season and it's not that close .

SPURSFAN1
02-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Eh even on the #1 team in the west averaging 14/10 would seem weird to be on the all star team let alone a guy who who's on the 7th ranked team in the west.

Tim Duncan is a quality player in this league and provides a lot, but he isn't even arguably the best player on that roster.

Numbers are casually low on the spurs. They are different than your typical team. Does that mean we are less talented? **** no. We just had the biggest win margin in the entire playoffs ever and tim duncan was our best ****ing player. DMC is nowhere ****ing close to Tim ****ing Duncan in terms of talent. Maybe next year the kings won't suck and DMC will be voted in by the coaches.

kdspurman
02-01-2015, 06:16 PM

why is 14/10 all that people focus on? out of curiosity. what about impact? mainly on the defensive end. his impact goes far beyond the 14/10/3/2 in 30mpg

And , to say it isn't close is a stretch. DMC scores more of couree, and is a more dominant player at this point in this career. idk if it's as far off as you think.

again, I'm not saying Duncan is better than DMC or anything at this point, I just think you're downplaying what hes done cause you're focusing on 14/10

Sactown
02-01-2015, 06:20 PM
why is 14/10 all that people focus on? out of curiosity. what about impact? mainly on the defensive end. his impact goes far beyond the 14/10/3/2 in 30mpg

And , to say it isn't close is a stretch. DMC scores more of couree, and is a more dominant player at this point in this career. idk if it's as far off as you think.

again, I'm not saying Duncan is better than DMC or anything at this point, I just think you're downplaying what hes done cause you're focusing on 14/10

The thing is, before our coach was fired the Kings starting 5 had the best defensive rating and DMC has been A force on both ends .. I'm not just saying it's Tim Duncan I don't think any of the bigs on the all star roster have had the season he has except for Marc Gasol, can you get Spursfan #1 to be quiet? He just yells ridiculous comments as if Tim Duncan is this lone hero with a craps coaching staff dragging this team to 50 wins..

Best coach arguably ever
Top 5Pg
Top 5 Sf
Best rotational players
all buy in

I get Tim has a nice impact, but he has a TON of support and there's a reason the team was struggling last season till Leanord came back and they peeled off like 20 wins... He was there MVP last season..

SPURSFAN1
02-01-2015, 06:21 PM

I was just about to talk about their defensive impact. Not even close. :laugh2:

Sactown
02-01-2015, 06:27 PM
I was just about to talk about their defensive impact. Not even close. :laugh2:

Not close? DMC defends more shots at the rim and opponent FG% at rim is nearly identical.. Tim leads by .04%.. lol you have no idea what youre talking about .. Tim has better teammates as well

SPURSFAN1
02-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Sorry that this guy is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwjIsgpZ9ZU

Sactown
02-01-2015, 06:41 PM
Sorry that this guy is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwjIsgpZ9ZU

Videos don't mean ****..

You're clearly the guy who just watches one team and makes invalid arguments based off no factual evidence..

Every player has a cool highlight real ...
I posted factual evidence that there is little to no difference in there abilities to protect the rim and you come back with this garbage.. all your arguments are just your individual opinion without any meat to your argument... Please go away

SPURSFAN1
02-01-2015, 06:51 PM
Videos don't mean ****..

You're clearly the guy who just watches one team and makes invalid arguments based off no factual evidence..

Every player has a cool highlight real ...
I posted factual evidence that there is little to no difference in there abilities to protect the rim and you come back with this garbage.. all your arguments are just your individual opinion without any meat to your argument... Please go away

Statistically the second best player next to lebron in the playoffs. Statistically the biggest margin of victory for an entire playoff run. Statistically one of the most loop sided finals ever. Statistically the best spur throughout the run. **** your regular season stats. Duncan just coasts through the regular season. He has nothing to prove except the playoffs. The talent is always there. The coaches know this and voted to make him an allstar. DMC has a long way to go besides stats. How about they produce some wins. DMC is the equivalent of kevin love in the timberwolves. :laugh2:

Sactown
02-01-2015, 06:57 PM
Statistically the second best player next to lebron in the playoffs. Statistically the biggest margin of victory for an entire playoff run. Statistically one of the most loop sided finals ever. Statistically the best spur throughout the run. **** your regular season stats. Duncan just coasts through the regular season. He has nothing to prove except the playoffs. The talent is always there. The coaches know this and voted to make him an allstar. DMC has a long way to go besides stats. How about they produce some wins. DMC is the equivalent of kevin love in the timberwolves. :laugh2:

just saying statistically doesn't make the following words a Statistic.. each thing you said was false... hard to believe you watch basketball. Most things you mentioned were a team accomplishment.. Duncan did however abuse Miami's soft low post.. congratulations.. Parker and Leonard were equally if not more important .. arguably Pop deserves the most credit for that finals performance...

DMC is not the same player as Love as DMC is a top 10 rim protector statistically speaking defending at a 46.8% .. he also is second in the league in taking charges while missing a significant time due to illness... Before the team fired the coach he led them to 9-5 against the hardest SOS in the league...

You're so innacurate it's insane ..

SPURSFAN1
02-01-2015, 07:00 PM
just saying statistically doesn't make the following words . Statistic.. each thing you said was false... hard to believe you watch basketball

:laugh: ima stop now

MTar786
02-01-2015, 07:24 PM
id rather have duncan on my team than cousins. anyone can put up better stats on a bad team. look at kevin love. hell, even jodie meeks had good numbers last year here in la.
you stats geeks need to learn that its not all about stats

nastynice
02-01-2015, 11:28 PM
lol, spursfan1 done took homerism to a brand new level!!!

SPURSFAN1
02-01-2015, 11:44 PM
lol, spursfan1 done took homerism to a brand new level!!!

Must have a lot of biased coaches or something too. ****ing fail kid.

Chrisclover
02-02-2015, 12:19 AM
Exactly. It's all about business.

nastynice
02-02-2015, 12:36 AM
Must have a lot of biased coaches or something too. ****ing fail kid.

lol, not cuz you like duncan more but cuz of what you wrote. Notice theres another spurs fan in this thread who likes the duncan pick too, but he's just normal about it, not all super homer

I'm just waiting for you to tell us Duncan is a better 3pt shooter than Ray Allen. prob in the next 2 pages it should come up, lol

kdspurman
02-02-2015, 11:20 AM
The thing is, before our coach was fired the Kings starting 5 had the best defensive rating and DMC has been A force on both ends .. I'm not just saying it's Tim Duncan I don't think any of the bigs on the all star roster have had the season he has except for Marc Gasol, can you get Spursfan #1 to be quiet? He just yells ridiculous comments as if Tim Duncan is this lone hero with a craps coaching staff dragging this team to 50 wins..

Best coach arguably ever
Top 5Pg
Top 5 Sf
Best rotational players
all buy in

I get Tim has a nice impact, but he has a TON of support and there's a reason the team was struggling last season till Leanord came back and they peeled off like 20 wins... He was there MVP last season..

We all know Duncan is not the lone hero :) Spursfan#1 is a unique kind of fan to say the least lol...

And I agree with you, Leonard is the most important Spur. However, this year, Leonard/Parker/Splitter/Mills all missed significant time. And for the Spurs to remain a top 5 Defense (mostly due to Tim) is impressive to say the least. Especially when you consider the December schedule they played. And for him to be #1 Overall in the entire league in Defensive Real +/- at his age, is just incredible. So while typically, the argument that Tim has ton of support could be seen as accurate, the first half of the season, that has not been the case. He's a big reason they are where they are in the standings.

But again, I'm not arguing Duncan has been better than DMC, or he's more deserving. I'm just basically defending the pick and thinking it's not entirely a lifetime achievement award. I still think Duncan/DMC should have been there from the jump, and Durant due to games missed shouldn't have been. In the end, both guys made it though.

Chronz
02-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Can someone just explain how Duncan is in this year but not the years prior?

kdspurman
02-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Can someone just explain how Duncan is in this year but not the years prior?

I actually thought last year he should have been in over Parker.

imbetterthanyou
02-02-2015, 02:10 PM
Anyone who says that Cousins is a good stats on bad team guy has just never ever watched a Kings game. Their offensive and defensive rating plummet when he is not on the floor and they look like a d-league team without him. I dont necessarily think Duncan should be in the game but I'm not surprised that he is anyway hes still a great player. I have a bigger problem with Durant playing in less than half his teams games and still being in.

Sactown
02-02-2015, 03:41 PM
We all know Duncan is not the lone hero :) Spursfan#1 is a unique kind of fan to say the least lol...

And I agree with you, Leonard is the most important Spur. However, this year, Leonard/Parker/Splitter/Mills all missed significant time. And for the Spurs to remain a top 5 Defense (mostly due to Tim) is impressive to say the least. Especially when you consider the December schedule they played. And for him to be #1 Overall in the entire league in Defensive Real +/- at his age, is just incredible. So while typically, the argument that Tim has ton of support could be seen as accurate, the first half of the season, that has not been the case. He's a big reason they are where they are in the standings.

But again, I'm not arguing Duncan has been better than DMC, or he's more deserving. I'm just basically defending the pick and thinking it's not entirely a lifetime achievement award. I still think Duncan/DMC should have been there from the jump, and Durant due to games missed shouldn't have been. In the end, both guys made it though.

I agree with what you've said I'm not arguing Tim shouldn't of gotten in at all, but not over cousins .

SPURSFAN1
02-02-2015, 05:15 PM
I agree with what you've said I'm not arguing Tim shouldn't of gotten in at all, but not over cousins .

opps nvm