PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose is Officially The New Penny Hardaway.

JNA17
01-30-2015, 02:35 AM
After watching that Bulls Lakers game, Rose really fell off a cliff. The guy looks like he hurts the Bulls team more than he actually helps it. Give 26 shots to Butler and Bulls win tonight's game easily in regulation.

Bulls should look to trade or just part ways with him. And please for the Bulls sake, don't Fire Thibs for him, Thibs is one of the best coaches in the league.

Anyway it's also pretty sad. Rose is still young but will never be the same player ever again. :(

Stunner
01-30-2015, 02:40 AM
Overreactions like usually , yes Rose had a horrible game but he also wasn't getting calls called for him . No the bulls shouldn't trade him , it's been 2 years since a he really played ball . Rose just need to find a balance to his game , he still thinks the team needs him to carry us and it's not , once he cuts down the 3's he will be better . But Rose has been getting fouled all year long he's just not getting to the line anymore like he use too .

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-30-2015, 02:44 AM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/58323970.jpg

WOwolfOL
01-30-2015, 02:48 AM
Looks like all he did over those 2 years was play MyPlayer. He's kind of a sorry *** point guard.

DamnGoat
01-30-2015, 02:49 AM
Trying to be patient and stay optimistic about him, but it's very frustrating to watch him be so good some nights and then piss away games other nights due to horrific shot selection & sloppy turnovers.

If he's going to be up & down like this all season, then there's no way the Bulls can realistically compete for a title, which really sucks because Jimmy & Pau have been awesome this season. Just having a steady PG in there would make this team scary good.

ThuglifeJ
01-30-2015, 02:49 AM
Please don't hate on Penny.

Rose would be good in China though. He'd make it big over there.

D_Rose1118
01-30-2015, 02:57 AM
first back to back 40+ min game since 2012, 3 years...
obviously his legs were not there tonight

Rose said himself he is gonna have these bad games, this is all part of the process

put it in context

ps i hate my 8th grade self for picking this username that makes me look like a super homer

ThuglifeJ
01-30-2015, 03:03 AM
first back to back 40+ min game since 2012, 3 years...
obviously his legs were not there tonight

Rose said himself he is gonna have these bad games, this is all part of the process

put it in context

ps i hate my 8th grade self for picking this username that makes me look like a super homer

There's a difference between having off games and selfish horrendous shot selection, dribbling into no-mans land all clock, and all the unforced turnovers

WOwolfOL
01-30-2015, 03:11 AM
There's a difference between having off games and selfish horrendous shot selection, dribbling into no-mans land all clock, and all the unforced turnovers
No ****ing ****. The guy's on court iq is terrible.

zn23
01-30-2015, 03:27 AM
Overreactions like usually , yes Rose had a horrible game but he also wasn't getting calls called for him . No the bulls shouldn't trade him , it's been 2 years since a he really played ball . Rose just need to find a balance to his game , he still thinks the team needs him to carry us and it's not , once he cuts down the 3's he will be better . But Rose has been getting fouled all year long he's just not getting to the line anymore like he use too .

It's not as simple as an off game or not getting enough calls. He's played very poorly this year. It's hard to make a case for him as a top 15 point guard, even Brandon Jennings has been better.

Stunner
01-30-2015, 03:35 AM
It's not as simple as an off game or not getting enough calls. He's played very poorly this year. It's hard to make a case for him as a top 15 point guard, even Brandon Jennings has been better.

He's having an up and down year his shooting % are almost the same as Russ but Russ is getting to the ft line almost 9 times a game and Rose barely 4 . Nobody should have expected anything great from him anyway after being away from ball for so long . I'll hold my judgment on what type of player rose will be for sure till next season this time . Rose will be old rose for a stretch and then he goes 3 happy . He has to alter his game from being that carry the load guy to being balanced . I think he will figure it out it's just gonna take time .

tredigs
01-30-2015, 04:08 AM
If the Bulls had Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson, Tony Parker, or any other non top 5, but not bottom 10 PG, they would be the class of the East. I don't know what that kid is doing. It's his 2011 mind trapped in his 2015 body, and nobody seems capable of letting him know this.

SF8
01-30-2015, 05:07 AM
He's the 2nd most overpaid player in the NBA.

MTar786
01-30-2015, 05:18 AM
After watching that Bulls Lakers game, Rose really fell off a cliff. The guy looks like he hurts the Bulls team more than he actually helps it. Give 26 shots to Butler and Bulls win tonight's game easily in regulation.

Bulls should look to trade or just part ways with him. And please for the Bulls sake, don't Fire Thibs for him, Thibs is one of the best coaches in the league.

Anyway it's also pretty sad. Rose is still young but will never be the same player ever again. :(

you cant just give a guy shots. not everyone can create an opportunity to get up that many shots in a game. some people just cant seem to understand this.its takes a lot of skill to be able to do that. thats why a guy like kobe was trash this year. he was used to being able to get up that many good looks (for him atleast) now this season at the start he was forcing up shots because he couldnt create the way he used to anymore.

Verbal Christ
01-30-2015, 05:30 AM
But...But...He's an MVP?!

beasted86
01-30-2015, 06:07 AM
He's the 2nd most overpaid player in the NBA.

Let's see... Stoudemire, Deron, Eric Gordon.... nope, not top 3.

MDD
01-30-2015, 06:39 AM
Who ever told him to keep shooting 3, is a damn moron. He's become the Josh Smith of point guards horrible shot selection .

MDD
01-30-2015, 06:48 AM
He needs to do more film study of himself defenses and of other players of the league like KD,lebron,wade , and a lot of other players his game has not improved. He interview and said he does not other players game just train his,it's impossible to become great bye not study players before you and your peers game.

72 Wins
01-30-2015, 11:14 AM
Typical over-reaction thread. He played bad yesterday, just didn't seem to have the energy and no lift. He also wasn't getting any calls when drawing contact. Let's not also forget he's played really well just a week ago, and given the Bulls a lift when Butler was slumping. What are people expecting after only his second 40+ minute game in 2 years? Could his decision making be better? Yes, but not going to call him Penny at this point.

Sly Guy
01-30-2015, 12:51 PM
I don't wanna write off rose just yet. I was too big a fan of his game when he was healthy and don't wanna believe he's beyond help. 2 years is a long time not to be playing at this level, I wanna give him this season and some of next before I write him off.

And I would like to see the Bulls' at their best, that team (on paper at least) can be scary good.

InRoseWeTrust
01-30-2015, 12:51 PM
Lmao I love these threads.

DreamShaker
01-30-2015, 01:09 PM
Penny was robbed of his gifts in a way D-Rose isn't, thus far, in my opinion. Rose still looks like the exact same guy he's always been on some nights athletically. I honestly think it's rust and the mental aspect that is dragging him down some games.

FlashBolt
01-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Enough with the his legs were tired crap. The dude was running around with the most horrible shot selection. Aaron Brooks would have been a better option at that point. Pau Gasol/Noah were having amazing games and that was what kept them close - along with Jimmy Butler (who scored 30+ points on 10 fewer shots), while Rose scored like 17? He has low BBIQ, he has been damaged mentally, and he definitely lost the game for the Bulls last night. Even against the Warriors, sure, Rose hit the game winner. But did people forget the amount of stupid/missed/air-balled shots he took before that? I never liked Rose because I believe he has a weak heart for the game. He's screwed Chicago over the past few years. Not to mention he didn't even look to pass to the players who played great and somehow, he seems to think he's Stephen Curry with the three.

Stunner
01-30-2015, 01:24 PM
Rose was 12 /24 before he missed 7 straight to finally hit the game winner . That game I give him a pass with the shooting because we basically had nobody but him and Pau scoring .

Rose problem prob is he's been trying way too hard to be the top guy again . We don't need him to do that , it's reminding me of that first few games back post ACL of his looking good physically but pressuring himself too much . He's has to find that medium

I do think the paint has been a lil crowded for Rose to get into with Pau being more a post guy than boozer to drive into thus him taking way too many 3's .

InRoseWeTrust
01-30-2015, 01:34 PM
Penny was robbed of his gifts in a way D-Rose isn't, thus far, in my opinion. Rose still looks like the exact same guy he's always been on some nights athletically. I honestly think it's rust and the mental aspect that is dragging him down some games.

I'm not going to say he's exactly what he was physically before, but he's certainly displayed enough athleticism this year in spots to show that he's still capable of a lot of what he used to be able to do purely from a physical standpoint.

At this point, I think its a combination of a few things that are holding him up, including awful decision making (which I attribute to forcing things, and also two years away from the game), fatigue, and feel for the game. I don't think he really has figured out what to do with himself out there yet.

D-Leethal
01-30-2015, 01:42 PM
I think he is having more difficulty adapting to a team with so much more scoring talent than he is used to.

TyrionLannister
01-30-2015, 01:52 PM
Oh, well, now that it's been established as "official" I guess that settles the debate then...

Seriously, though, we get it... he's played poorly this year. It's taken longer than expected but honestly what else can you do? No one will trade value for him, releasing him would be beyond stupid, you have to continue to let it play out.

EDIT: He's shown enough flashes to where continuing to give him reps doesn't feel futile.

Stunner
01-30-2015, 01:53 PM
I think he is having more difficulty adapting to a team with so much more scoring talent than he is used to.

Yea , he's gotta try to revert to how he was at Memphis where he let everyone else do most of the work until they really needed him .

Vee-Rex
01-30-2015, 02:36 PM
Just excuses for him all the time. I don't think he'll ever be the same player and I said that during last year's season. Still, even if he isn't the same if he can learn to play more wisely he can still be a really good player.

But, in typical PSD fashion, everyone will be clamoring about how Rose look like his old self after a good game or two. How he is back to his MVP form and WE BETTA WATCH OUT BULLS SCARIEST IN TEH EEST! Seriously, most overreacting fans on the internet.

Edit: Talking about PSD posters, not Bulls fans :D

IndyRealist
01-30-2015, 03:37 PM
you cant just give a guy shots. not everyone can create an opportunity to get up that many shots in a game. some people just cant seem to understand this.its takes a lot of skill to be able to do that. thats why a guy like kobe was trash this year. he was used to being able to get up that many good looks (for him atleast) now this season at the start he was forcing up shots because he couldnt create the way he used to anymore.
You have to change the system, but yes you can. Everyone thought the Grizz would implode when they traded Rudy Gay. And then people thought the Raptors would implode when THEY traded Rudy Gay. Both teams are #2 in their conferences. Shots can be redistributed by changing the plays you run. Not everyone can handle 26 shots in a game, but Rose certainly isn't handling it either.

Ak_47
01-30-2015, 04:03 PM
Wow some poster's on here are ridiculous, stop overreacting for no reason. One bad game and people start saying rose is done. Yeah he's still showing rust, but that's just because he's coming back after a 2 year absence. This is the NBA not street basketball. It takes time to adjust. Give him some time.

For everyone saying Derrick is done. In the last 10 game stretch his 3 point shooting % was good except the last 2-3 games. Last 10 game stats

22.8 PPG
5.3 AST
.436 FG%.

Keep hating.

I know his advanced stats might not be that good. I was just specifically talking about his basic stats for the last 10 games. Yeah, he's had a couple of bad games lately , who doesn't?

Redrum187
01-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Rose is on the same level as D. Williams. They are both capable of having great games, but overall, they are cancerous to team ball/success. They both have untradeable contracts, both overpaid, but neither are "utter trash" either. Their role on the team should be drastically reduced...

I would take D. Collison and R. Jackson before Rose at this point. He is probably not even a top 20 PG anymore. :(

Teeboy1487
01-30-2015, 08:03 PM
Rose looked fine athletically to me. He simply had a horrible game. The problem I see is when Gasol and Noah are in at the same time, it clogs the lane for Derrick Rose to drive. That's why all of his drives to the hoop are contested and he is forced to do something he is not comfortable doing by shooting mid to long range shots all the time.

The Bulls are so erratic offensively. They have to figure it out because their erratic offense actually hurts them defensively. If I were the Bulls, I would started taking Rose out a little early in games so he can play with the 2nd Unit with more floor spacing. Maybe that will help him get going for the stretch runs in games.

What the injury really did was stunt Rose's growth and development. He has not had the chance to truly gain a mid range game. If this Bulls team expect to compete for a title, Derrick has to be more effective from mid to long range.

Shammyguy3
01-30-2015, 09:27 PM
Rose is playing as dumb as his brother Reggie Rose is in real life.

Crackadalic
01-30-2015, 09:44 PM
I mean when is the last time he has played a real meaningful close game against the best team(record wise) in the nba on a back to back. Sometimes in the heat of the moment you don't do the things you normally do especially if you havent played in games like this in a 2 year span. The fact he fought through that rough patch and help seal the game on that last shot shows he is still getting there.

I'm not one to give players too much passes and hate using the "haven't played in 2 years" as a bad excuse but when you don't play for that long your repetition in moments like this isn't as sharp as a player who is always playing like this every year and hasn't miss a chunk of time

I honestly don't see Rose being really good till next season so let him use this as a way to get back to that

IversonIsKrazy
01-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Its weird, cause I feel he has his athleticism back. He didn't lose the step ppl thought he would. He can still drive to the hoop at will, no one can stop him. But his shot selections and turnovers are attrocious right now. He needs to lower his 3 attempts, I dont know how many box scores ive seen 10-13 attempts, r u kdding me??? He is not steph curry, he shouldn't shoot more than 5 a game. Just needs better ball control and be smarter, his gifts that make him so special are still there

JasonJohnHorn
01-30-2015, 10:10 PM
It's a bummer... Hardaway played a little better than Rose is this season in 00 after his injury, but it was down hill from there. Guys who rely in explosiveness... once they lose that first step or start worrying about injury.... if you have a guy with a really great long-range game, they could still have a career.... but it looks like Rose is on a downward slop. I'm not basing this on a single game in LAL, but how he is playing all season. He's nowhere near the level he was. As a fan of the game I'm hopeful, but I was hopeful to se Grant Hill and Penny back n form... and D-Will... but it's hard.

I hope he gets back to where he was.... but I'm not putting any money on it.

FOBolous
01-31-2015, 12:54 AM
He should realize he lost his athleticism and, as the result, isn't the scorer/slasher he once was. Adapt accordingly and focus on being more of an actual PG vs trying to score.

FlashBolt
01-31-2015, 04:47 AM
Another disappointing performance. Butler is 8-18 and had 22 points. Rose takes more shots than Butler despite the fact that Butler is the better offensive player at this point. At times of the game, Rose decided to take a silly three point shot (he's a bad three point shooter but I guess no one told him that) instead of letting Butler take some load. Aaron Brooks 8-13 from the field and was 3-5 from the three point. Yet, Rose took 23 shots. The other day, he took 28 or something. The day before that, he took 34 or whatever. I'm not sure what the Bulls are doing but their #1 problem is Derrick Rose. He's made Butler pass him the ball instead of being aggressive. Everyone is afraid of getting into Rose. Pau has two huge games back to back, spoiled. Noah has been averaging 12/14/7 the past three games.. All but one a wasted effort (against GSW, Rose kept screwing them over and over again). Butler had three shots in the fourth quarter. Brooks was 3-3 in the fourth quarter but can someone tell me why he only took three shots despite making all of them? Rose thinks he's an elite player or something. The most he'll ever become is an All-Star. This dude needs to be traded for the Bulls to compete for anything. With the way he has been hogging the salary, there is no way they can make up for that.

SF8
01-31-2015, 01:31 PM
Wow some poster's on here are ridiculous, stop overreacting for no reason. One bad game and people start saying rose is done. Yeah he's still showing rust, but that's just because he's coming back after a 2 year absence. This is the NBA not street basketball. It takes time to adjust. Give him some time.

For everyone saying Derrick is done. In the last 10 game stretch his 3 point shooting % was good except the last 2-3 games. Last 10 game stats

22.8 PPG
5.3 AST
.436 FG%.

Keep hating.

I know his advanced stats might not be that good. I was just specifically talking about his basic stats for the last 10 games. Yeah, he's had a couple of bad games lately , who doesn't?
43% isn't good. He looked pathetic vs the Suns.

IndyRealist
01-31-2015, 01:39 PM
Its weird, cause I feel he has his athleticism back. He didn't lose the step ppl thought he would. He can still drive to the hoop at will, no one can stop him. But his shot selections and turnovers are attrocious right now. He needs to lower his 3 attempts, I dont know how many box scores ive seen 10-13 attempts, r u kdding me??? He is not steph curry, he shouldn't shoot more than 5 a game. Just needs better ball control and be smarter, his gifts that make him so special are still there

A drastic increase in 3pt attempts after injury generally indicates he doesn't trust his legs.

FlashBolt
01-31-2015, 05:15 PM

22.8 PPG
5.3 AST
.436 FG%.

Keep hating.

Why would we keep hating? Neither of us want the Bulls to win so we should KEEP CELEBRATING when he plays this horrible. One bad game? He's missed games, screwed them over plenty of games, and he's ruining Butler's performance. Butler is the #1 option. Rose needs to sit back in the bench or God knows what and stop hogging the ball. Horrific efficiency and honestly, all of NBA is tired of hearing about this give him some time crap. How much time does this guy need to recover? He's finished. No amount of time can help him recover from his PERMANENT damage.

quade36
01-31-2015, 06:11 PM
wait wait wait. Derrick Rose still plays? Basketball?

nastynice
01-31-2015, 07:03 PM
No ****ing ****. The guy's on court iq is terrible.

x2. It must be frustrating as a bulls fan, cuz he's so quick and talented, his ability to collapse defenses is second to none, I meant that. But once he penetrates and has the defense close in on him, he just makes such bad decisions. Tries to take it to the basket even if help is clearly there, doesn't seem to be able to find the open guy. And one biggest thing I noticed, the man is unstoppable first step, yet it almost seems as though he feels he needs to jack up shots in order to open up his penetration game. You see him take all these uninspired shots from all over the court, almost it seems in hopes of keeping the defense honest. Does the man not realize he should be using his penetration game in order to open up his jump shot game, rather than the opposite? He'll get by defenders regardless....

Not sure if and how much he can improve his iq, but its gotta hurt such bad iq get in the way of such a physical athletic talent.

nastynice
01-31-2015, 07:07 PM

exactly. I don't know why people are saying he lost his athleticism or first step. In all honesty, that's the only thing he's got going for him. Its all the other parts of his game which are hurting him.

His defense, from what I saw, is pretty nice tho. So he's also got that

Bruno
01-31-2015, 10:03 PM
still too soon to tell.

Captain Moroni
02-01-2015, 02:55 PM
He is a declining player. Everyone but Rose fan club members can see that. If the NBA held an open draft of all players he wouldn't go in the first 5 rounds.

benny01
02-01-2015, 04:22 PM
exactly. I don't know why people are saying he lost his athleticism or first step. In all honesty, that's the only thing he's got going for him. Its all the other parts of his game which are hurting him.

His defense, from what I saw, is pretty nice tho. So he's also got that
Good point.
He's been sloppy, no doubt. That sloppiness extends to his team as well.
His shot selection and turnovers are his biggest issues to this point. To be fair, he's a different player today than he was at the beginning of the season and will be a different player at season's end IMO. The last 10-15 games he's been much more agressive and at some point I would think he'll start getting calls again. He's always been a turnover machine when he tries to do too much, as are most guys.
I've always been a "wait until after the all-star break" guy. It's hard enough after missing two seasons to be one of the best players in the world(just in the NBA), I'll give him some more time before I expect him to be one of the best in the NBA. He's progressing, albeit slowly, but he's still progressing.

Redrum187
02-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Rose fans blame the fact that there isn't enough spacing for him to penetrate... In other words, the problem is the team, NOT him.

Rose
Stephen Curry
JJ Redick
Kyle Korver
Dirk Nowitzki

That line up wouldn't make Rose anymore efficient offensively...

naps
02-01-2015, 04:54 PM
Man, it's sad how much he has fallen off. One thing I don't understand is why he is forcing his game. I mean bulls are a pretty good team without him and it seems like he destroys their offensive rhythm with his ugly flat three pointers. He is a burden at this point for that team IMO.

andy2518
02-01-2015, 07:57 PM
It's not really fair to put this on him now. He did make some foolish statements at the start of this season yes, but he has been stepping up since. Let's wait and see how he finishes off the season and how he plays in the playoffs before we go labeling him "Penny".

Bostonjorge
02-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Trade him to Memphis.

MDD
02-02-2015, 12:32 AM
Him adapting to a team with more talent ? He has always struggled playing on talented teams Fiba and allstar teams its him with ball or no offensive production,he run poor offense .

c.c.
02-02-2015, 01:20 AM
He needs to be traded to lotto team and just play for stats so his fans can have something to cheer about instead of defending his terrible play. His poor play is not helping this Bulls team at all.

FlashBolt
02-02-2015, 01:51 AM
He shot his teammates out of the game with fadeaway spinning 720 threes.. multiple times. When you're jacking up threes like that, the only explanation is: 1) You're having a Klay Thompson kinda game
2) You are tired as ****. Which means, Rose has a low BBIQ and he's clearly never going to be at the level of athleticism he once was. Seriously, Brooks can score and Butler is the #1 option at this point. Pau Gasol has been an absolute monster this season. Yet, you decide that the best option is to jack up threes?

sammyvine
02-03-2015, 12:58 PM
He shot his teammates out of the game with fadeaway spinning 720 threes.. multiple times. When you're jacking up threes like that, the only explanation is: 1) You're having a Klay Thompson kinda game
2) You are tired as ****. Which means, Rose has a low BBIQ and he's clearly never going to be at the level of athleticism he once was. Seriously, Brooks can score and Butler is the #1 option at this point. Pau Gasol has been an absolute monster this season. Yet, you decide that the best option is to jack up threes?
You hate Rose LOL
Does he grate you that much

FlashBolt
02-03-2015, 01:25 PM
You hate Rose LOL
Does he grate you that much

Yeah, I actually do hate him. I've been on record saying his career is done and clearly, I'm not wrong. He's a joke of a player. Kobe comes back ASAP from injuries to play the game. Rose takes his time to adjust to his game (how many years?), and now Thibs is on the hot seat because Rose is making this team look like a circus show. In short; this dude takes up such a huge portion of the team's salary and screwed them out of many ECF matchups. Not to mention he tells his brother to go out and say "Rose doesn't have enough help", despite the Bulls making it to the Playoffs and competing each and every night so Rose can sit in the bench in games and then head straight to the clubs after. Excusing my hate for Rose, can you pinpoint where anything I said was wrong? I know you're a huge Rose fan but what was incorrect in what I wrote?

Pierzynski4Prez
02-03-2015, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I actually do hate him. I've been on record saying his career is done and clearly, I'm not wrong. He's a joke of a player. Kobe comes back ASAP from injuries to play the game. Rose takes his time to adjust to his game (how many years?), and now Thibs is on the hot seat because Rose is making this team look like a circus show. In short; this dude takes up such a huge portion of the team's salary and screwed them out of many ECF matchups. Not to mention he tells his brother to go out and say "Rose doesn't have enough help", despite the Bulls making it to the Playoffs and competing each and every night so Rose can sit in the bench in games and then head straight to the clubs after. Excusing my hate for Rose, can you pinpoint where anything I said was wrong? I know you're a huge Rose fan but what was incorrect in what I wrote?

Yes you can, basically on the fact that everything you said is just your opinion. The opinion of someone who started his post by saying he factually hates Rose.

FlashBolt
02-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Yes you can, basically on the fact that everything you said is just your opinion. The opinion of someone who started his post by saying he factually hates Rose.

So, why have you not pinpointed anything but you'd much rather speak of my personal dislike of Rose. Just because I hate someone, doesn't mean my view on them is biased. Seriously, go find where I was wrong. Did Rose not jack up stupid shots that forced his team to rely on offensive boards/defense to cover up his mistakes? C'mon, take a shot at it. Or, you can just keep quoting me for my dislike on Rose and ignore the entire outcome. If it's an opinion, please tell me why it is.

InRoseWeTrust
02-03-2015, 01:47 PM
So, why have you not pinpointed anything but you'd much rather speak of my personal dislike of Rose. Just because I hate someone, doesn't mean my view on them is biased. Seriously, go find where I was wrong. Did Rose not jack up stupid shots that forced his team to rely on offensive boards/defense to cover up his mistakes? C'mon, take a shot at it. Or, you can just keep quoting me for my dislike on Rose and ignore the entire outcome. If it's an opinion, please tell me why it is.

Well, you're wrong on the fact that he's had a number of games this year where he's been a hugely positive factor for the Bulls. Since those games don't fit your narrative, confirmation bias is obviously kicking in and you're ignoring them. You're also speculating on a number of issues - including that Rose instructed Reggie to say anything. Unless you're part of Rose's inner crew, you simply don't know why Reggie said what he said (two and a half years ago). Moreover to that point, if you knew anything about Reggie, you'd know it's more likely he said that on his own accord. In short, the above poster was right - you're largely spouting off opinion as if its fact. (on that note - please find me a clip of Rose shooting a '720 three' - I'd love to see what one is.)

Secondly, you are making slightly contradictory points. First you blame declining athleticism, but then you blame declining basketball IQ. For anyone that has watched more than 15 minutes of his play this season, it's clear that his athleticism hasn't gone anywhere. 95% of is issues right now are due to problems above his elbows, which leads me to my next point, lest you freak out that I'm defending his play:

Has he been awful for the last few weeks? By and large, yes, he's been awful. His decision making, shot selection, and turnovers have caused the Bulls massive problems over that period of time. If you were to take a peek into the Bulls forum, you'd see that the vast majority of Bulls fans, including myself, are livid with his play. No one is more frustrated with Rose's current impact on the team that Bulls fans.

The fact of the matter remains, however, that we've seen 2 different Roses this year. Because you hate him, which you freely admit, you're more than ready to write off the good Rose as an anomaly. The only point people that disagree with you have is that it is still too early to call him done.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-03-2015, 01:49 PM

Don't really care enough about trying to change your opinion to be honest. But what you just said right now is that anytime someone misses a shot, they are forcing their team to try to get an offensive rebound. Dear lord what a terrible thing to do. Good thing everybody in the NBA outside of Rose shoots 100% from the field.

Very nice that you overheard Derrick telling his brother what to say too and what Derrick does at night, and it's even better that Kobe Bryant is in a big rush to get back this year because Kobe always comes right back. But yes, this team at 30-19 is a circus show. They are only 1 loss behind that other Circus show, the San Antonio Spurs.

FlashBolt
02-03-2015, 02:07 PM
Don't really care enough about trying to change your opinion to be honest. But what you just said right now is that anytime someone misses a shot, they are forcing their team to try to get an offensive rebound. Dear lord what a terrible thing to do. Good thing everybody in the NBA outside of Rose shoots 100% from the field.

Very nice that you overheard Derrick telling his brother what to say too and what Derrick does at night, and it's even better that Kobe Bryant is in a big rush to get back this year because Kobe always comes right back. But yes, this team at 30-19 is a circus show. They are only 1 loss behind that other Circus show, the San Antonio Spurs.

Did you watch the games? Probably not. Joakim Noah/Pau Gasol had to pickup Rose's missed shots. Again, you didn't watch the games so you're probably thinking that offensive rebounding is something they should be doing regardless. Correct, but not when your "star" player is jacking up shot after shot. Past four games, he is 5-31 from three. He is shooting below 30% from the three point line. So, you think it's a good thing he's consistently shooting these shots? Stop playing stupid and find where I am mistaken. If not, just run along. Actually, it's a matter of public information that Rose's brother went out and started spewing nonsense that Rose doesn't have enough help. Despite Kobe coming back and not playing up-to-par, that's the type of player who you want on your team. Not someone who takes years to come back and is still playing like horse ****. He's not even a top 15 PG but he's paid like he's the best PG. Imagine if Bulls had gotten rid of Rose and picked up someone like Westbrook/Curry/CP3. We'd be looking at championship rings. Instead, you get a bum who's jersey is a suit and tie.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-03-2015, 02:27 PM
Did you watch the games? Probably not. Joakim Noah/Pau Gasol had to pickup Rose's missed shots. Again, you didn't watch the games so you're probably thinking that offensive rebounding is something they should be doing regardless. Correct, but not when your "star" player is jacking up shot after shot. Past four games, he is 5-31 from three. He is shooting below 30% from the three point line. So, you think it's a good thing he's consistently shooting these shots? Stop playing stupid and find where I am mistaken. If not, just run along. Actually, it's a matter of public information that Rose's brother went out and started spewing nonsense that Rose doesn't have enough help. Despite Kobe coming back and not playing up-to-par, that's the type of player who you want on your team. Not someone who takes years to come back and is still playing like horse ****. He's not even a top 15 PG but he's paid like he's the best PG. Imagine if Bulls had gotten rid of Rose and picked up someone like Westbrook/Curry/CP3. We'd be looking at championship rings. Instead, you get a bum who's jersey is a suit and tie.

So our bigs, that are very good rebounders, shouldn't have to rebound on the offensive end when Derrick shoots? Nobody else misses shots? They only have to try for offensive rebounds when Rose shoots? Good thing you know when I'm watching and when I'm not.

And I'm not here to defend his poor play I agree it's bad over the last few weeks, just pointing out someone who goes around spewing things that are your opinion and speculation, and claiming it as fact as again, most of the rest of your post is once again.

KG2TB
02-03-2015, 06:18 PM
Well, you're wrong on the fact that he's had a number of games this year where he's been a hugely positive factor for the Bulls. Since those games don't fit your narrative, confirmation bias is obviously kicking in and you're ignoring them. You're also speculating on a number of issues - including that Rose instructed Reggie to say anything. Unless you're part of Rose's inner crew, you simply don't know why Reggie said what he said (two and a half years ago). Moreover to that point, if you knew anything about Reggie, you'd know it's more likely he said that on his own accord. In short, the above poster was right - you're largely spouting off opinion as if its fact. (on that note - please find me a clip of Rose shooting a '720 three' - I'd love to see what one is.)

Secondly, you are making slightly contradictory points. First you blame declining athleticism, but then you blame declining basketball IQ. For anyone that has watched more than 15 minutes of his play this season, it's clear that his athleticism hasn't gone anywhere. 95% of is issues right now are due to problems above his elbows, which leads me to my next point, lest you freak out that I'm defending his play:

Has he been awful for the last few weeks? By and large, yes, he's been awful. His decision making, shot selection, and turnovers have caused the Bulls massive problems over that period of time. If you were to take a peek into the Bulls forum, you'd see that the vast majority of Bulls fans, including myself, are livid with his play. No one is more frustrated with Rose's current impact on the team that Bulls fans.

The fact of the matter remains, however, that we've seen 2 different Roses this year. Because you hate him, which you freely admit, you're more than ready to write off the good Rose as an anomaly. The only point people that disagree with you have is that it is still too early to call him done.

All of this.

sammyvine
02-03-2015, 06:22 PM

Wow let out how you feel........what he do, decline you an autograph

who said I am a huge rose fan lol? I have been even called a rose hater before. I don't mind him personally...but felt your post was a bit over the top. He clearly isn't a 'joke of a player'. You are not playing professional basketball if you are a 'joke of a player'.

MassoDio
02-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Enough with the his legs were tired crap. The dude was running around with the most horrible shot selection. Aaron Brooks would have been a better option at that point. Pau Gasol/Noah were having amazing games and that was what kept them close - along with Jimmy Butler (who scored 30+ points on 10 fewer shots), while Rose scored like 17? He has low BBIQ, he has been damaged mentally, and he definitely lost the game for the Bulls last night. Even against the Warriors, sure, Rose hit the game winner. But did people forget the amount of stupid/missed/air-balled shots he took before that? I never liked Rose because I believe he has a weak heart for the game. He's screwed Chicago over the past few years. Not to mention he didn't even look to pass to the players who played great and somehow, he seems to think he's Stephen Curry with the three.

Another disappointing performance. Butler is 8-18 and had 22 points. Rose takes more shots than Butler despite the fact that Butler is the better offensive player at this point. At times of the game, Rose decided to take a silly three point shot (he's a bad three point shooter but I guess no one told him that) instead of letting Butler take some load. Aaron Brooks 8-13 from the field and was 3-5 from the three point. Yet, Rose took 23 shots. The other day, he took 28 or something. The day before that, he took 34 or whatever. I'm not sure what the Bulls are doing but their #1 problem is Derrick Rose. He's made Butler pass him the ball instead of being aggressive. Everyone is afraid of getting into Rose. Pau has two huge games back to back, spoiled. Noah has been averaging 12/14/7 the past three games.. All but one a wasted effort (against GSW, Rose kept screwing them over and over again). Butler had three shots in the fourth quarter. Brooks was 3-3 in the fourth quarter but can someone tell me why he only took three shots despite making all of them? Rose thinks he's an elite player or something. The most he'll ever become is an All-Star. This dude needs to be traded for the Bulls to compete for anything. With the way he has been hogging the salary, there is no way they can make up for that.

Why would we keep hating? Neither of us want the Bulls to win so we should KEEP CELEBRATING when he plays this horrible. One bad game? He's missed games, screwed them over plenty of games, and he's ruining Butler's performance. Butler is the #1 option. Rose needs to sit back in the bench or God knows what and stop hogging the ball. Horrific efficiency and honestly, all of NBA is tired of hearing about this give him some time crap. How much time does this guy need to recover? He's finished. No amount of time can help him recover from his PERMANENT damage.

He shot his teammates out of the game with [i]fadeaway spinning 720 threes.. multiple times. When you're jacking up threes like that, the only explanation is: 1) You're having a Klay Thompson kinda game

Yeah, I actually do hate him. I've been on record saying his career is done and clearly, I'm not wrong. He's a joke of a player. Kobe comes back ASAP from injuries to play the game. Rose takes his time to adjust to his game (how many years?), and now Thibs is on the hot seat because Rose is making this team look like a circus show. In short; this dude takes up such a huge portion of the team's salary and screwed them out of many ECF matchups. [I]Not to mention he tells his brother to go out and say "Rose doesn't have enough help", despite the Bulls making it to the Playoffs and competing each and every night so Rose can sit in the bench in games and then head straight to the clubs after. Excusing my hate for Rose, can you pinpoint where anything I said was wrong? I know you're a huge Rose fan but what was incorrect in what I wrote?

Did you watch the games? Probably not. Joakim Noah/Pau Gasol had to pickup Rose's missed shots. Again, you didn't watch the games so you're probably thinking that offensive rebounding is something they should be doing regardless. Correct, but not when your "star" player is jacking up shot after shot. Past four games, he is 5-31 from three. He is shooting below 30% from the three point line. So, you think it's a good thing he's consistently shooting these shots? Stop playing stupid and find where I am mistaken. If not, just run along. Actually, it's a matter of public information that Rose's brother went out and started spewing nonsense that Rose doesn't have enough help. No one say that Reggie didn't say those things. It is your hate that makes you automatically assume that Rose told him to say those things. IT is fact that Reggie said it, it is your bias that makes you say Rose told him to. You have no proof to back up that claim. Despite Kobe coming back and not playing up-to-par, that's the type of player who you want on your team. Not someone who takes years to come back and is still playing like horse ****. He's not even a top 15 PG but he's paid like he's the best PG. Imagine if Bulls had gotten rid of Rose and picked up someone like Westbrook/Curry/CP3. We'd be looking at championship rings. Instead, you get a bum who's jersey is a suit and tie.

The bolded parts are nothing but opinion.

The italicized parts are sheer hatred and the reasons no one takes you seriously on the topic of Rose.

And I Am not even saying that some of your opinions are incorrect, just that the way you spew them, no one will take seriously, because you don't discuss them intelligently because of your hate of Rose.

Give it a rest. We all know how you feel about him. Your feelings are not doctrine. And being a douche-bag to other posters, and in the way you speak about players is beyond immature.

Rose has played awful for a large part of the year. He will probably play awful for the rest of this year. He will have moments where he looks really good. And he will have more moments where he looks horrendous. Trying to play at an NBA level after two major injuries, and missing two straight years of competition at that level, will cause a player to struggle mightily for quite a while. Anyone who expected otherwise is quite frankly, an idiot.

Trying to call a player "done" when he has missed two years, when it hasn't even been a full year back yet is ludicrous. The term "done" in and of itself is a stupid term. A player can change his game. Grant Hill was never the same player he was, but he most certainly wasn't "done". He came back after a lot of struggling, and became a very productive and important player to the Phoenix Suns, for several years. I live in Phoenix. I watched it first hand.

If you don't believe Rose can come back and be the player he once was....that is perfectly reasonable. I don't believe he will be the player he once was. But seriously, all that nonsense above is just tired.

Confusious
02-04-2015, 02:51 PM
Overreactions like usually? You really need better English. And please, for the love of god, learn that commas and periods do not need spaces.

Derrick Rose is definitely the modern day Hardaway/Marsbury. As many people have been saying for several years now...

It's funny how defensive Bulls fans still get when "outsiders" talk about Rose. But when they're amongst themselves, they're blaming him just as much as we all are.

InRoseWeTrust
02-04-2015, 02:53 PM
It's funny how defensive Bulls fans still get when "outsiders" talk about Rose. But when they're amongst themselves, they're blaming him just as much as we all are.

I mean...you would know, right? Having been a Bulls fan like 18 months ago before arbitrarily picking another team to cheer for?

chi-townlove1
02-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Man. I'm glad I stayed away from this thread. Phew. Some illogical NBA fans and Bulls fans. Rose lovers and haters. Emotions flying and crazy nonsense being thrown around. My goodness.

Confusious
02-04-2015, 02:57 PM
I mean...you would know, right? Having been a Bulls fan like 18 months ago before arbitrarily picking another team to cheer for?
It's not hard to see. One needs to just go to a forum, and start reading through the stupidity.
I'm not saying it isn't painful, but it sure does make for some entertaining bathroom reading.
Learn new material. You're as broken as your lover boy is.

Redrum187
02-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Man. I'm glad I stayed away from this thread. Phew. Some illogical NBA fans and Bulls fans. Rose lovers and haters. Emotions flying and crazy nonsense being thrown around. My goodness.

You stayed away from this thread, aye? :P

KG2TB
02-04-2015, 03:39 PM
Things I learned in this thread:

Rose is done
Rose is not done
Rose will improve over time
Rose won't improve over time
Rose is Penny Hardaway and someone named Marsbury

Glad I absorbed all this information.

akagiredsuns
02-04-2015, 03:43 PM

This is the most laughable post I have read. First off the team does not feel that rose needs to carry them. It is rose who feels he needs to carry the team when he doesn't realize he has a great supporting cast. He needs to start deferring more to his teammates. Second I don't recall a time when Rose was getting calls. For a superstar he doesn't get any calls compared to guys like LeBron and Durant who just for breathing on them will go to the line. Butler at the very least can sell a foul which is why he sometimes can go to the free throw line 10 to 15 times during the game. So that argument has been put to rest.

The reality is Derrick Rose will never be the same player again and people need to start accepting that. He needs to be the guy that spreads the floor and find the open man. 15pts 10 ast is already reasonable to expect from him. He should not be taking more than 15 shots a game. Butler is the guy who should be our closer in the 4th and gasol is our 2nd scoring option. Plus Noah our guy off the glass. If Derrick Rose can't see that he needs to find somewhere else to play because it is a damn joke people having this hopeless optimism that he will somehow return to the 2011 MVP guy. It's not going to happen. Not now not ever. Move on. :facepalm:

Pierzynski4Prez
02-04-2015, 04:23 PM
This is the most laughable post I have read. First off the team does not feel that rose needs to carry them. It is rose who feels he needs to carry the team when he doesn't realize he has a great supporting cast. He needs to start deferring more to his teammates. Second I don't recall a time when Rose was getting calls. For a superstar he doesn't get any calls compared to guys like LeBron and Durant who just for breathing on them will go to the line. Butler at the very least can sell a foul which is why he sometimes can go to the free throw line 10 to 15 times during the game. So that argument has been put to rest.

The reality is Derrick Rose will never be the same player again and people need to start accepting that. He needs to be the guy that spreads the floor and find the open man. 15pts 10 ast is already reasonable to expect from him. He should not be taking more than 15 shots a game. Butler is the guy who should be our closer in the 4th and gasol is our 2nd scoring option. Plus Noah our guy off the glass. If Derrick Rose can't see that he needs to find somewhere else to play because it is a damn joke people having this hopeless optimism that he will somehow return to the 2011 MVP guy. It's not going to happen. Not now not ever. Move on. :facepalm:

I think it's statements like this that get people going. You don't know that. It's purely your opinion, and by watching him in games, his athleticism is basically 100% back

His problem right now is his shot selection and turnovers. Is it not? He needs to be smarter with the ball and not be so quick to pull the trigger on the 3s.

As for Rose thinking he has to carry the team, do you care to share the quote where he said that? Knowing you don't have that, so because he takes a few too many 3s per game, that means he feel he needs to carry his team and that he thinks his teammates aren't good enough? No, he just needs to be smarter on offense.

Or like Flashbolt, is that just an opinion that you claim to be fact?

InRoseWeTrust
02-04-2015, 08:18 PM
It's not hard to see. One needs to just go to a forum, and start reading through the stupidity.
I'm not saying it isn't painful, but it sure does make for some entertaining bathroom reading.
Learn new material. You're as broken as your lover boy is.

Go to a forum...like the Bulls forum? As in the forum you used to frequent because you were a Bulls fan? But then one day, randomly, you weren't? That forum?

hidalgo
02-05-2015, 03:14 AM
i think Anfernee Hardaway was actually a tad better than Rose (peak vs peak)

Brock17
02-05-2015, 04:50 AM
I love how fans who can't play at all think somebody who sits out for 2 years will come back and be himself right away. Lol. Nba2k is really screwing you worthless fans who can't play and never played heads up as if it's easy to skip 2 years and come right back.