PDA

View Full Version : All Stars Reserves

Ezio
01-29-2015, 06:33 PM
Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 17s18 seconds ago
Atlanta's Jeff Teague has been selected as an All-Star reserve, sources told ESPN.

Rest should be coming out soon. Will update first post with the full squad when it comes out.

EAST

Jeff Teague (ATL)
Paul Millsap (ATL)
Al Horford (ATL)
Jimmy Butler (CHI)
Kyrie Irving (CLE)
Dwayne Wade (HEAT)
Chris Bosh (HEAT)

West
James Harden (HOU)
Klay Thompson (GSW)
Lamarcus Aldridge (POR)
Russell Westbrook (OKC)
Kevin Durant (OKC)
Chris Paul (LAC)
Tim Duncan (SAS)
DeMarcus Cousins (SAC) - Replacing Kobe Bryant

Ezio
01-29-2015, 06:37 PM
Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 2m2 minutes ago
Atlanta Hawks forward Paul Millsap has been selected to the NBA Eastern Conference All-Star reserve team, league source tells ******.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
Atlanta's Al Horford has been selected to the Eastern Conference All-Star reserves, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

3 Hawks so far

Houston's James Harden has been selected to the Western Conference All-Star reserves, league sources tell Yahoo.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 31s32 seconds ago
ESPN sources say Klay Thompson has been selected as a Western Conference All-Star

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m1 minute ago
ESPN sources say Jimmy Butler has been selected as a Eastern Conference All-Star reserve

KnicksorBust
01-29-2015, 06:45 PM
Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 2m2 minutes ago
Atlanta Hawks forward Paul Millsap has been selected to the NBA Eastern Conference All-Star reserve team, league source tells ******.

Atlanta's Al Horford has been selected to the Eastern Conference All-Star reserves, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

3 Hawks so far

They have all earned it. Reminds me of the Pistons from a decade ago almost getting their whole starting 5.

Federal Reserve
01-29-2015, 06:58 PM
Back in my day all-stars were the best players in the NBA, not guys who could pass the ball to a guy running off a screen. The Hawks run a gimmick offense. No one is going to enjoy watching them play in the all-star game. They are boring players with high intelligence and little talent (compared to the top NBA players).

Ezio
01-29-2015, 07:03 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 26s27 seconds ago
ESPN sources say LaMarcus Aldridge has made the Western Conference All-Star team ... but DeMarcus Cousins appears to have missed out

Oklahoma City's Russell Westbrook has been selected to the Western Conference All-Star reserves, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 30s31 seconds ago
Kevin Durant, I'm told, is indeed a Western Conference All-Star. Made the squad despite the injuries

FraziersKnicks
01-29-2015, 07:07 PM
That's BS if Cousins misses out and KD and Westy get in. Only thing holding Cousins back was the fact he missed some games.

The guy has balled out of his absolute mind this season. 24/12/3 with 1.4 steals and 1.6 blocks a game.

Clippersfan86
01-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Cousins is out for two reasons.

1. His attitude and lack of profesionalism.

2. Team is at the bottom of the conference standings.

FraziersKnicks
01-29-2015, 07:11 PM
And they've both made it :laugh2:

That is an absolute joke. Team isn't even in the playoffs, KD has missed more than half his teams games and still makes it at the expense of DMC's first All-Star appearance. KD's gonna be fan voted in for the next 5-6 years, give Boogie his rightful spot.

sens#11fan
01-29-2015, 07:11 PM
Back in my day all-stars were the best players in the NBA, not guys who could pass the ball to a guy running off a screen. The Hawks run a gimmick offense. No one is going to enjoy watching them play in the all-star game. They are boring players with high intelligence and little talent (compared to the top NBA players).

This, they deserve to be in it if your talking about their standings. However, based on talent they certainly should not be in consideration. Horford is probably the best center in the east, so he deserves it.

FraziersKnicks
01-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Cousins is out for two reasons.

1. His attitude and lack of profesionalism.

2. Team is at the bottom of the conference standings.

Since when has the All-Star game been about team performance? I understand the Warriors and Hawks should have multiple guys because they've been so good but as an individual Boogie has been incredible. Not his fault he plays on a messed up team.

He's also demonstrated a huge leap in his attitude and professionalism this season.

KD has played less than half his teams games and his team is 10th in the West. Why the hell should he be voted in?

Clippersfan86
Lol at 40 shots in all star game Durant making it after not even playing many games. Guy single handedly makes all star games suck along with Kobe.

sens#11fan
And they've both made it :laugh2:

That is an absolute joke. Team isn't even in the playoffs, KD has missed more than half his teams games and still makes it at the expense of DMC's first All-Star appearance. KD's gonna be fan voted in for the next 5-6 years, give Boogie his rightful spot.

If lebron missed half of the season and his team wasn't in playoff position before the allstar break, would you select him as an allstar reserve?

FraziersKnicks
01-29-2015, 07:15 PM
If lebron missed half of the season and his team wasn't in playoff position before the allstar break, would you select him as an allstar reserve?

If there were more deserving players, of course not.

Redrum187
01-29-2015, 07:21 PM
It's completely unjustified to pick 2 players that have missed a huge chunk of the regular season and whose team is BARELY at .500.

If the Spurs and Mavericks are not represented, there will be hell to pay!

Nick O
01-29-2015, 07:27 PM
duuddee DMC better not get snubbed.. and Bosh better be in there over Noah

L8kers4life
01-29-2015, 07:28 PM
Lol at 40 shots in all star game Durant making it after not even playing many games. Guy single handedly makes all star games suck along with Kobe.

How does Kobe making the All star team make the game suck, he got voted in and will not be playing so there will be a replacement, how does he make it suck? GTFO clippers fan your a troll...... You bring up Kobe for everything.

Ezio
01-29-2015, 07:35 PM
Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 56s56 seconds ago
Cleveland Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving has been named an Eastern Conference All-Star reserve, source tells http://ESPN.com

Stunner
01-29-2015, 07:40 PM
KD gotta sit this out

YAALREADYKNO
01-29-2015, 07:48 PM
how does 2 okc thunder make it? As long as you have the name then that's all you need to make the allstar team now days. KD is not more deserving than monta ellis who's played every game this yr smh

Ezio
01-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 57s58 seconds ago
Hearing Chris Paul has indeed made the West All-Stars as well

I think 1 more West.

YAALREADYKNO
01-29-2015, 07:58 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 57s58 seconds ago
Hearing Chris Paul has indeed made the West All-Stars as well

I think 1 more West.

last 2 spots should go to cousins and Monta

Ezio
01-29-2015, 08:02 PM
Portland's Damian Lillard has been left off the Western Conference All-Star reserves, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

I thought he would make it.

Stunner
01-29-2015, 08:02 PM
KD and Russ don't deserve it , they not even in the playoffs despite the injuries and what not . If they got in because of numbers and name then Cousins and Vuci should get in based on numbers .

YAALREADYKNO
01-29-2015, 08:04 PM
Portland's Damian Lillard has been left off the Western Conference All-Star reserves, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

I thought he would make it.

wow WTF, Durant and Westbrook over liliard wow

YAALREADYKNO
01-29-2015, 08:05 PM
wow tim Duncan made it? wow

Ezio
01-29-2015, 08:06 PM
Looks like Duncan got the last spot, RGM reporting it and Stein retweeted it.

goingfor28
01-29-2015, 08:07 PM
KD getting in is a joke. Guy has missed more games than he's played. Feel bad for Boogie :pity:

Ezio
01-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 3m3 minutes ago
Three most likely candidates to replace Kobe Bryant on Western All-Star team: Mike Conley, Damian Lillard and DeMarcus Cousins.

YAALREADYKNO
01-29-2015, 08:09 PM
lilliard will get in and replace kobe

Clippersfan86
01-29-2015, 08:09 PM
Lol at Duncan over Cousins. Jesus.

kdspurman
01-29-2015, 08:10 PM
Tim has had a stellar year. Best player for SA throughout all the injuries , and a DPOY candidate.

So hard in the wcf to not have snubs. Dame, DMC, Conley etc..

Maybe 1 gets in for Kobe, but still though.... So tough

kdspurman
01-29-2015, 08:13 PM
Wasn't shocked about Durant, but didn't think he and WB would make it considering time missed/struggles etc...

Coaches can't use the winning part as an argument and not vote DMC. Idk... This happens every year

Clippersfan86
01-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Haha at the notion that Lillard is better than CP3 this year or any. Not even close statically.

mjt20mik
01-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Snubbed. Lilliard and DMC got snubbed so hard.

Clippersfan86
01-29-2015, 08:16 PM
Snubbed. Lilliard and DMC got snubbed so hard.

Is Lillard better than CP3 or Westbrook?

mjt20mik
01-29-2015, 08:17 PM
Is Lillard better than CP3 or Westbrook?

Better player isn't everything. He contributes heavily to a winning team. I have no issues with CP3 but Westy.. nah

kdspurman
01-29-2015, 08:20 PM
Lol at Duncan over Cousins. Jesus.

I don't think its lol worthy at all... Lot of folks have gripe about Durant due to games missed over DMC.

Ezio
01-29-2015, 08:21 PM
Wade and Bosh last 2 for East

lamzoka
01-29-2015, 08:21 PM
Lillard for Westbrook
Korver for D-Wade
A Bucks for Bosh

Other than that, I'm good with the selections

L8kers4life
01-29-2015, 08:23 PM
What's really funny is, Dwight Howard isn't even in the conversation for the All star game, sure looks like he got everything he wanted in Houston.

Be the guy to lead his team. Fail
To compete for Championships. Fail
To make the all star team. Fail

Looks like Dwight is getting everything he wanted out of Houston, he is now irrelevant.

goingfor28
01-29-2015, 08:25 PM
KD, Duncan, Wade did not deserve to make it

goingfor28
01-29-2015, 08:26 PM
I don't think its lol worthy at all... Lot of folks have gripe about Durant due to games missed over DMC.

Cousins should have made it over both of them honestly. How he was left off is beyond me.

Clippersfan86
01-29-2015, 08:27 PM

Look.. Duncan is an all time great, but at this point it's a lifetime achievement respect award. Sure minutes are controlled but 15/10/2 is not all star worthy when you got someone like Cousins putting up 24/12/3/2/1.5 or whatever. Now you may argue the record, but Spurs have been a near .500 team most of the year. Not like they are a juggernaut to this point (although by season end, they will likely be in the mix as always).

mjt20mik
01-29-2015, 08:30 PM
Lillard for Westbrook
Korver for D-Wade
A Bucks for Bosh

Other than that, I'm good with the selections

This. DMC got snubbed too. Hell even Dirk/Monta should have made it over KD and Russell.

Clippersfan86
01-29-2015, 08:32 PM
Boogie instead of Duncan, Lillard replacing Kobe (will happen).

Mr. Baller
01-29-2015, 08:40 PM
Other then games missed what is the argument for D-Wade not making it?

Clippersfan86
01-29-2015, 08:42 PM
Other then games missed what is the argument for D-Wade not making it?

Injured and can't play anyway. I don't think anyone is saying he hasn't played well.

Stunner
01-29-2015, 08:42 PM
@RKOsForEveryone: Like really http://t.co/ku49OHt2M9

Mr. Baller
01-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Injured and can't play anyway. I don't think anyone is saying he hasn't played well.

That's fine but then if you think he doesn't belong in but neither do Westbrook, Durant, etc.

Besides it's moot, Lillard will replace kobe, Boogie will replace LMA and one of Korver or Knight will replace Wade

kdspurman
01-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Look.. Duncan is an all time great, but at this point it's a lifetime achievement respect award. Sure minutes are controlled but 15/10/2 is not all star worthy when you got someone like Cousins putting up 24/12/3/2/1.5 or whatever. Now you may argue the record, but Spurs have been a near .500 team most of the year. Not like they are a juggernaut to this point (although by season end, they will likely be in the mix as always).

They should have someone representing them no? What Duncan does in 30mpg is impressive. They're not far off from the clippers record wise (who haven't nearly had the injury issues we have) so bringing up the juggernaut part is irrelevant considering the clips got 2 guys in. OKC got 2 guys in, maybe that's a bigger issue considering Durant has missed more games than played.

Its not a lifetime achievement award at this point. He is probably a top 5 candidate for dpoy till now, and has played nearly every game.

I think DMC should be there, but Tim has earned it as well.

Clippersfan86
01-29-2015, 08:48 PM
They should have someone representing them no? What Duncan does in 30mpg is impressive. They're not far off from the clippers record wise (who haven't nearly had the injury issues we have) so bringing up the juggernaut part is irrelevant considering the clips got 2 guys in. OKC got 2 guys in, maybe that's a bigger issue considering Durant has missed more games than played.

Its not a lifetime achievement award at this point. He is probably a top 5 candidate for dpoy till now, and has played nearly every game.

The record gap between the Spurs and Clippers right now is only 2.5, but statistically the Clippers are a FAR superior team to this point. 2nd best SRS in the league at 7.02 vs Spurs who are 9th best in the NBA with 3.92. Now mind you, by season end the Spurs are more proven and could very well be the better team, but my point was that isn't a good example. Besides all star appearances are individual awards and should stop being "best player on good team" or "lifetime achievement award" selections.

I agree that OKC doesn't deserve 2 as a non playoff team with both guys missing a ton of games, but Blake+CP3 are legit superstars on the probably 3rd best team in basketball, and their flashy.. so I'm not surprised.

kdspurman
01-29-2015, 08:54 PM
The record gap between the Spurs and Clippers right now is only 2.5, but statistically the Clippers are a FAR superior team to this point. 2nd best SRS in the league at 7.02 vs Spurs who are 9th best in the NBA with 3.92. Now mind you, by season end the Spurs are more proven and could very well be the better team, but my point was that isn't a good example. Besides all star appearances are individual awards and should stop being "best player on good team" or "lifetime achievement award" selections.

I agree that OKC doesn't deserve 2 as a non playoff team with both guys missing a ton of games, but Blake+CP3 are legit superstars on the probably 3rd best team in basketball, and their flashy.. so I'm not surprised.

Just when comparing, keep in mind injuries. The #s are what they are, but don't truly reflect the spurs as a team. When healthy, clips are good, but not superior to SA fwiw.

Feel like the gripe should be about OKC's guys. Kobe was starting for crying out loud, and folks are upset about a guy averaging a double double, and who's been instrumental in keeping the team afloat during an injury riddled and crazed scheduled year.

tredigs
01-29-2015, 08:56 PM
The stunner was that the reigning MVP did not get voted in by the fans. Shows the power of a market. Regardless of injury, he's been healthy and at it for a bit now.

I wouldn't have chose him if i was a coach, though.

tredigs
01-29-2015, 08:58 PM
And absolutely the Hawks deserve to get 3 in. They're decimating that conference, you better reward the guys who actually know what it takes to win.

AllDay28
01-29-2015, 09:01 PM
No lillard ? WTF

bucketss
01-29-2015, 09:02 PM
No lillard ? WTF

most likely will be kobe replacement anyways

Teeboy1487
01-29-2015, 09:03 PM
Good to see Klay Thompson get in.

sammyvine
01-29-2015, 09:03 PM

3rd best team in basketball....the clippers really?

sammyvine
01-29-2015, 09:05 PM
The stunner was that the reigning MVP did not get voted in by the fans. Shows the power of a market. Regardless of injury, he's been healthy and at it for a bit now.

I wouldn't have chose him if i was a coach, though.

That did surprise me. I bet deep down it hurt Durant. Won an MVP last year, universally the 2nd best player in the league yet didnt make the all star team on fan votes. Kobe made it despite having a horrible record etc...
I don't think KD is as marketable and endearing as Lebron and Kobe.
I think Steph Curry may have even suppressed him in marketbality.

lamzoka
01-29-2015, 09:25 PM
That did surprise me. I bet deep down it hurt Durant. Won an MVP last year, universally the 2nd best player in the league yet didnt make the all star team on fan votes. Kobe made it despite having a horrible record etc...

It's just the market he's in. Take him to the Knicks or Lakers and he'd lead the league in voting for the next 10 years.

Look at Kobe and Melo, they're voted starters despite their teams record.

tredigs
01-29-2015, 09:36 PM

Yeah, he just doesn't have the nation's appeal, never really did. Too awkward and not good looking enough maybe (sad but true). Also, the small market factor. And yeah Curry probably has for sure. More marquee commercials it seems, and #2 in Jersey sales + #1 in All Star voting.

Tony_Starks
01-29-2015, 09:39 PM
Lillard will get Kobes spot. Duncan making it over Cousins is complete, total, utter rubbish.

Also I would've took Ashton Kutcher over Teague..

c.c.
01-29-2015, 09:49 PM
That Eastern All-Stars team is garbage and boring, I'm expecting an huge blow out!

NYKnickFanatic
01-29-2015, 09:50 PM

No, because he would have been voted to start...

TheNumber37
01-29-2015, 10:10 PM
Kevin Love Mad. Not that he deserved it this year, but I know hes thinking he'd be there if he played elsewhere

Clippersfan86
01-29-2015, 10:14 PM
Just when comparing, keep in mind injuries. The #s are what they are, but don't truly reflect the spurs as a team. When healthy, clips are good, but not superior to SA fwiw.

Feel like the gripe should be about OKC's guys. Kobe was starting for crying out loud, and folks are upset about a guy averaging a double double, and who's been instrumental in keeping the team afloat during an injury riddled and crazed scheduled year.

I agree that OKC players bigger gripe than Duncan. But naturally for frontcourt most are viewing this as Duncan vs the clearly INDIVIDUALLY superior Cousins at this point. So both should be at least considered.

Clippersfan86
01-29-2015, 10:14 PM
3rd best team in basketball....the clippers really?

Statistically, yes the Clippers are the 2nd best team in basketball. More realistically I'd have them 3rd or 4th... but nonetheless, it's not farfetched. Maybe you only watched them early on in the season when they were playing like garbage.

tredigs
01-29-2015, 10:21 PM
In the playoffs - assuming a healthy roster - I'd say SAS, GSW, ATL, MEM and OKC would be favored over the Clips. A few others might be toss ups. They're playing great ball over the past month, but as far as team stats go, they've had relatively good luck with health and have played a ton of home games.

sammyvine
01-29-2015, 10:29 PM
Yeah, he just doesn't have the nation's appeal, never really did. Too awkward and not good looking enough maybe (sad but true). Also, the small market factor. And yeah Curry probably has for sure. More marquee commercials it seems, and #2 in Jersey sales + #1 in All Star voting.

Yep very surprising. I wouldn't call G.State a huge market yet he had the most votes...even more than Lebron, Kobe, and Durant. I know he has played bette than all of them but I didn't expect him to be this popular. Having said that they normally say 'guards are more marketable' to the average human being than physical freaks like Lebron. A.I. was one of the most marketable players of his generation and before all the injuries D-Rose was up there as well. I remember him being high on the list of most jerseys sold even though he missed the entire season.

sammyvine
01-29-2015, 10:33 PM
Statistically, yes the Clippers are the 2nd best team in basketball. More realistically I'd have them 3rd or 4th... but nonetheless, it's not farfetched. Maybe you only watched them early on in the season when they were playing like garbage.

Nope just don't think they are that good. Ever since CP3 has been there they have done nothing in the playoffs....first round exit or second round exit. Didn't CP3 choke badly against OKC last year lol? They have really under performed for me because CP3 and Griffin are two top 20 players....they have some good role players and a good coach in Rivers. They need to start advancing in the playoffs..no more excuses. I would say the exact same about G.State. A lot of teams have been the number 1 seed in the west and been first round exits Spurs, Dallas recently)

tredigs
01-29-2015, 10:35 PM
Yep very surprising. I wouldn't call G.State a huge market yet he had the most votes...even more than Lebron, Kobe, and Durant. I know he has played bette than all of them but I didn't expect him to be this popular. Having said that they normally say 'guards are more marketable' to the average human being than physical freaks like Lebron. A.I. was one of the most marketable players of his generation and before all the injuries D-Rose was up there as well. I remember him being high on the list of most jerseys sold even though he missed the entire season.

For sure, kids love the skill and flair that guards bring, and even LeBron had the appeal not just because of pure dominance, but because of the high flying dunks + elite/unique passing. Timmy was never marketable (and never wanted to be), and KD sort of falls between him and the games truly most popular/marketable in that regard.

A big market would definitely help, but they'd have/will struggle(d) to ever reach the LeBron/Kobe level of popularity.

torocan
01-29-2015, 10:45 PM
I only have 2 major gripes with the reserves.

1. KD should NOT be in as a reserve. He's played less than 50% of the games in the season AND his team isn't even play off seeded right now.

2. I can see Wade OR Bosh, but no way should Wade AND Bosh both be in the game. The Miami Heat has a sub .500 record in the East and barely holding onto a play off spot.

As for Tim Duncan, I can see the arguments both ways but DMC is on a losing team and I'm philosophically opposed to All Stars on losing teams. Winning should always count for something, especially for the reserve which are not fan voted.

archdevil84
01-29-2015, 10:56 PM
dam n i;m drunk, but stil, wade deserved tos start. he;s a boss

archdevil84
01-29-2015, 10:56 PM
I only have 2 major gripes with the reserves.

1. KD should NOT be in as a reserve. He's played less than 50% of the games in the season AND his team isn't even play off seeded right now.

2. I can see Wade OR Bosh, but no way should Wade AND Bosh both be in the game. The Miami Heat has a sub .500 record in the East and barely holding onto a play off spot.

As for Tim Duncan, I can see the arguments both ways but DMC is on a losing team and I'm philosophically opposed to All Stars on losing teams. Winning should always count for something, especially for the reserve which are not fan voted.

wade sjpi;d start. bosh out

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2015, 10:59 PM
What a joke that coaches actually voted Wade in. Durant should've have made it either.

archdevil84
01-29-2015, 11:04 PM
What a joke that coaches actually voted Wade in. Durant should've have made it either.

dude come one, if anyone of the heat roster should have made it it would have been wade over bosh. wade is for sure an all star so far. if you disagree youre just a hater

archdevil84
01-29-2015, 11:09 PM
tell me how jimmy butler deserves to be an all star this season if wade would not be an all star? because of the bulls impressive record:?

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2015, 11:12 PM
dude come one, if anyone of the heat roster should have made it it would have been wade over bosh. wade is for sure an all star so far. if you disagree youre just a hater

I'm a hater for not supporting a guy who'll end up missing like 30% of the games by the end of the all star break? LOL.

His play deserves it. Too bad he hasn't played enough games.

Stunner
01-29-2015, 11:13 PM
tell me how jimmy butler deserves to be an all star this season if wade would not be an all star? because of the bulls impressive record:?

Both deserve it stop your crying only reason people say he prob shouldn't is the amount of games played and record

Stunner
01-29-2015, 11:14 PM
Vucevic deserved to be in over Bosh especially with 4 all stats being in with under .500 and number of games played being less than what they missed . Hopefully Korver gets picked to replace Wade .

archdevil84
01-29-2015, 11:16 PM
I'm a hater for not supporting a guy who'll end up missing like 30% of the games by the end of the all star break? LOL.

His play deserves it. Too bad he hasn't played enough games.

30%? more like 15%. i'll admit he has missed more then a few games but his performance in the games he HAS played has been more then most people had expected from him. he deserves to be an all star over someone like chris bosh in my opinion

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2015, 11:17 PM
30%? more like 15%. i'll admit he has missed more then a few games but his performance in the games he HAS played has been more then most people had expected from him. he deserves to be an all star over someone like chris bosh in my opinion

He's about to miss 2-3 more weeks. He'll only play 35 out of 54 games by the all star game (so like 35% missed).

It's like 25% BTW if we are counting as of today (35 games out of 46).

Either way, he didn't play enough games.

archdevil84
01-29-2015, 11:17 PM
Both deserve it stop your crying only reason people say he prob shouldn't is the amount of games played and record

'll agree with you on the record and somewhat on the missing games but stil. if you look at his stats and games he deserves to be an all star. I wil agree if you say the heat only deserve 1 all star. Brandon knight over Chris bosh any day

archdevil84
01-29-2015, 11:19 PM
He's about to miss 2-3 more weeks. He'll only play 35 out of 54 games by the all star game (so like 35% missed).

It's like 25% BTW if we are counting as of today (35 games out of 46).

Either way, he didn't play enough games.

alright you have a point i'll admit. but stil i think based on his performance in the games he has played he deserves to be an al star over bosh at least

archdevil84
01-29-2015, 11:22 PM
Vucevic deserved to be in over Bosh especially with 4 all stats being in with under .500 and number of games played being less than what they missed . Hopefully Korver gets picked to replace Wade .

why does korver deserve it over wade? solely based on the team record?

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2015, 11:23 PM
alright you have a point i'll admit. but stil i think based on his performance in the games he has played he deserves to be an al star over bosh at least

But the amount of games is one of the biggest factors to separate the 2 players.

Bosh has played at say a B+ level in more games than Wade has plyed A- in lesser games.

Both suck anyway.

Stunner
01-29-2015, 11:23 PM
why does korver deserve it over wade? solely based on the team record?

wtf I never said he deserved it over him , Wade isn't going to be in the game because he's hurt .

archdevil84
01-29-2015, 11:25 PM
wtf I never said he deserved it over him , Wade isn't going to be in the game because he's hurt .

oh srry about that, i though you meant that korver deserved it over wade :)

archdevil84
01-29-2015, 11:27 PM
But the amount of games is one of the biggest factors to separate the 2 players.

Bosh has played at say a B+ level in more games than Wade has plyed A- in lesser games.

Both suck anyway.

Bosh has been a steady factor for miami but he hasnt been living up to the expectations whereas wade has probably overachieved so far. i agree on your point on that your A- in les games then B+ in more games. but why do you think neither should be an all star? atleast wade has been a steady force in the league so far...

FlashBolt
01-29-2015, 11:32 PM

Minimum of 2-3 weeks.. I'd say he's okay. S\

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2015, 11:39 PM
Bosh has been a steady factor for miami but he hasnt been living up to the expectations whereas wade has probably overachieved so far. i agree on your point on that your A- in les games then B+ in more games. but why do you think neither should be an all star? atleast wade has been a steady force in the league so far...

Neither should make it because they haven't played enough games. Doesn't matter whether or not Bosh is underachieving or Wade is overachieving. They still don't deserve to make it considering they haven't played enough games, despite them playing well enough in a shorter sample size.

Nick O
01-29-2015, 11:40 PM

Bosh and vucevic are better than Horford. I think Teague, Milsapp, and Korver are more important to that team than Al

archdevil84
01-29-2015, 11:42 PM
Neither should make it because they haven't played enough games. Doesn't matter whether or not Bosh is underachieving or Wade is overachieving. They still don't deserve to make it considering they haven't played enough games, despite them playing well enough in a shorter sample size.

so who would you have replacing them? a legit case could be made for knight. who whould replace bosh?

Raps08-09 Champ
01-29-2015, 11:46 PM
so who would you have replacing them? a legit case could be made for knight. who whould replace bosh?

Knight, Love, Korver or Vucevic are better options than 1 or both of them. Even Kevin Love has been good enough.

archdevil84
01-29-2015, 11:51 PM
Knight, Love, Korver or Vucevic are better options than 1 or both of them. Even Kevin Love has been good enough.

alright solid point. i would agree on vucevic. i think kyle korver is a little overrated. kevin love, is a maybe.... but either of those ones could have made it over bosh.

L8kers4life
01-29-2015, 11:53 PM
alright solid point. i would agree on vucevic. i think kyle korver is a little overrated. kevin love, is a maybe.... but either of those ones could have made it over bosh.

Kyle Korver is having the best shooting season in the History of the NBA, not sure how he is over rated, but Kevin Love is a maybe. Why do you think Korver is over rated?

GodsSon
01-29-2015, 11:58 PM
Miami getting two all-stars is laughable

Nick O
01-29-2015, 11:59 PM
Kyle Korver is having the best shooting season in the History of the NBA, not sure how he is over rated, but Kevin Love is a maybe. Why do you think Korver is over rated?

the clippers would be doing better with Bosh than Love. Bosh knows how to be a role player . Love doesn't. Bosh does more for a team than Love.

Stunner
01-30-2015, 12:07 AM
Dame should replace KD

Cousins replace Duncan

Vuc replace Bosh

Korver replace Wade ( injury )

FlashBolt
01-30-2015, 01:03 AM
Dame should replace KD

Cousins replace Duncan

Vuc replace Bosh

Korver replace Wade ( injury )

No way Damian Lillard over KD. Coaches know who's better and with how Damian has been playing as of late, there is absolutely no way he has an argument. He played amazing early in the season but he's slowed down dramatically. His shooting % is like 35% the past 15 games? No thanks. I get KD has been absent for many games but he's playing great. He's the second best player in the game and was the MVP last season. Coaches know wassup. You're going to have to do more than that to take KD's spot.

Cousins should have replaced Duncan. I have no idea why Duncan is in the All Star game. I guess coaches just have a tremendous amount of respect for him.

Vucevic or Bosh making it would be even. Don't think either one has outplayed another. Vucevic has fairly empty stats while Bosh has made more of an impact, though.

Korver will probably replace Wade since the backcourt in East is fairly weak.. But that's just absolutely nuts. Players in the West who deserve the All Star spot are not getting it but players in the East are only making it because there aren't enough quality players. Something has to be done TBH.

Stunner
01-30-2015, 01:33 AM
KD played 21 games , in my mind he doesn't qualify to be an all star over people who have been playing all year

Goose17
01-30-2015, 06:21 AM
KD played 21 games , in my mind he doesn't qualify to be an all star over people who have been playing all year

I agree with this^

Also, who will Kerr pick to replace Kobe in the starting line up? I wonder.

FraziersKnicks
01-30-2015, 08:25 AM
I feel like only players that have played enough to qualify for the scoring title should be eligible for the All-Star game.

archdevil84
01-30-2015, 08:57 AM

i think kyle korver is just playing great in a system that fits him perfectly. but individually he's not an all star and with 3 hawks in already i just dont think korver deserves it. its not that he's overrated but he's just not at the all star level. i would compare him to someone like kawhi leonard at this point in terms of stats and impact for his team and nobody is voting him in

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-30-2015, 09:31 AM
Well the commissioner gets the last vote for injury replacements for Kobe and Wade if he's out a while. I could see Knight picked since we are 6th seed playoffs. Ahead of Miami. Lillard most likely gets Kobe spot.

Slug3
01-30-2015, 10:37 AM

Maybe you said it somewhere else in here, but do you think KD and Westbrook should be off as well? And Bosh has played like 38 games this year, that is more than enough of a sample size.

Also can people please get off of Korver in the all star game. Dude is averaging 13 points a game because he can shoot good. He does nothing else good. That is why he is in the 3 point contest. He does not deserve to be an all star.

Slug3
01-30-2015, 10:39 AM

Jordan is also shooting like 73% from the field. I don't see people pushing to have him in the game. Korver does one thing great and that's shoot.

Mr. Baller
01-30-2015, 11:01 AM
People really suggesting Vuc? This isn't ****ing fantasy basketball, he gives up more points then he scores.

He's improved but he isn't an all star yet

Miltstar
01-30-2015, 11:14 AM
I feel like only players that have played enough to qualify for the scoring title should be eligible for the All-Star game.

There is no way you leave the best player in the league out of the all-star game, even if he had only played 5 games people pay good money to see KD

Tony_Starks
01-30-2015, 11:55 AM
When the Jeff Teagues of the world are making all-star game that says it all. AI and Marbury somewhere like WTF has the league come to?

D-Leethal
01-30-2015, 12:06 PM
When the Jeff Teagues of the world are making all-star game that says it all. AI and Marbury somewhere like WTF has the league come to?

The best team in the NBA should be rewarded with more than 1 all star. I don't mind the Teague selection.

And to the guy saying all Korver does it shoot - you need to watch him more. Great passer, plays D, and his off the ball movement is Rip Hamilton-esque.

Nick O
01-30-2015, 12:21 PM
i think kyle korver is just playing great in a system that fits him perfectly. but individually he's not an all star and with 3 hawks in already i just dont think korver deserves it. its not that he's overrated but he's just not at the all star level. i would compare him to someone like kawhi leonard at this point in terms of stats and impact for his team and nobody is voting him in

i would have picked Korver over Horford personally

mike44
01-30-2015, 12:44 PM

Teague has the highest PER and ws/48 in the east for point guards. His per game stats don't look great because he only plays 31 min a game but his per 36 min stats are about 20 and 9. He deserves to be there a much as any point guard.

mike44
01-30-2015, 12:59 PM
i would have picked Korver over Horford personally
Horford is probably the most important player on the hawks. The hawks were the 3rd seed in the east before he went out for the year last season, then they barely hung on for the 8th seed. They started 7-6 this year while he was rounding into form after not playing for a year. Since he has gotten back to his old self they have gone 31-2. One of the smartest players in the league on offense and defense and his mid range game is like prime dirk.

Goose17
01-30-2015, 12:59 PM

Teague only plays about 30 minutes per game. His per 36 numbers aren't that far off Marbury numbers.

And Iverson? LMFAO come on, the most inefficient "star" ever? And we're talking about a bench all star not a starting all star, let's be serious it's not fair to compare the two.

The back up guard for the 2001 all star game when Iverson started was Marbury and in 2002 Baron Davis backed up Iverson, let's compare them to Teague.

Marburys per 36 numbers 2001 season; 22.5 PPG, 7.1 APG, 1.1 SPG, TS% .54
Teagues per 36 numbers this year; 19.5 PPG, 8.7 APG, 2.0 SPG, TS% .57
Davis per 36 numbers 2002 season; 16 PPG, 7.6 APG, 1.9 SPG, .49 TS%

Teague is exactly where he deserves to be.

Ezio
01-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 3m3 minutes ago
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver chooses Kings center DeMarcus Cousins to replace Lakers guard Kobe Bryant (injury) in 2015 NBA All-Star Game.

Clippersfan86
01-30-2015, 02:22 PM
Woah. Lillard should of been in over Cousins IMO. Both elite stats, but one on winning team. Lillard is going to be livid.

TrueFan420
01-30-2015, 02:23 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 3m3 minutes ago
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver chooses Kings center DeMarcus Cousins to replace Lakers guard Kobe Bryant (injury) in 2015 NBA All-Star Game.

Good he deserves it

TrueFan420
01-30-2015, 02:24 PM
Woah. Lillard should of been in over Cousins IMO. Both elite stats, but one on winning team. Lillard is going to be livid.
There's too many good guards for it to happen. There needed to be another big

Minimal
01-30-2015, 02:30 PM
Respect Adam Silver

Redrum187
01-30-2015, 02:31 PM
I'm glad I'm not a Mavericks fan. They got ripped off. If somehow the Mavericks make it to the Finals, I hope they give the entire league s**t. No one can say they are stacked when not one member made the all star team.

Redrum187
01-30-2015, 02:31 PM
I'm glad to see Duncan in. He definitely deserves it.

Minimal
01-30-2015, 02:34 PM
I'm glad I'm not a Mavericks fan. They got ripped off. If somehow the Mavericks make it to the Finals, I hope they give the entire league s**t. No one can say they are stacked when not one member made the all star team.
Yeah, but they are stracked. All their starters are borderline all-stars.

FraziersKnicks
01-30-2015, 02:35 PM
There is no way you leave the best player in the league out of the all-star game, even if he had only played 5 games people pay good money to see KD

If he hasn't earnt it then yes you do. It's not meant to be a collection of the most popular players. It's for deserving players that season. I would much rather watch Boogie in the All-Star game then KD anyway.

Minimal
01-30-2015, 02:38 PM
If he hasn't earnt it then yes you do. It's not meant to be a collection of the most popular players. It's for deserving players that season. I would much rather watch Boogie in the All-Star game then KD anyway.
KD is bad for ASG, he takes it too serious.

Slug3
01-30-2015, 02:40 PM
The best team in the NBA should be rewarded with more than 1 all star. I don't mind the Teague selection.

And to the guy saying all Korver does it shoot - you need to watch him more. Great passer, plays D, and his off the ball movement is Rip Hamilton-esque.

He does not play D, what am I hearing here? I would love for him to guard one of my best teams player so he could let them blow right past him. Sorry but 13 PPG with no other stats to back it up is not making an All star game. I dont care what he is shooting. Him shooting so well is the reason he is in the 3 point contest.

Clippersfan86
01-30-2015, 02:41 PM
KD is bad for ASG, he takes it too serious.

Remember when Blake was killing it and on par for an ASG scoring record (doesn't mean much with no D, but still fun) and Durant shoots like 17 threes in the second half to kill the game?

NYKnickFanatic
01-30-2015, 03:26 PM
Remember when Blake was killing it and on par for an ASG scoring record (doesn't mean much with no D, but still fun) and Durant shoots like 17 threes in the second half to kill the game?

Nope.

goingfor28
01-30-2015, 04:34 PM
This. KD making it is a slap in the face to Lillard at this point. Glad Boogie got in

goingfor28
01-30-2015, 04:35 PM
Nope.
Really? Bc that's exactly what happened last year. KD absolutely ruined the game for the west. If he didn't throw up 15 bricked 3s west wins easy and Blake is mvp

Sanjay
01-30-2015, 06:15 PM
Really? Bc that's exactly what happened last year. KD absolutely ruined the game for the west. If he didn't throw up 15 bricked 3s west wins easy and Blake is mvp

I thought the All Star Game is about entertainment not winning?

Clippersfan86
01-30-2015, 06:19 PM

Is it entertaining for you to watch one guy freeze his teammates out and jack up a ton of contested 30 footers early in the shot clock as 3 teammates around him call for the ball? It looked like 2005 Kobe out there. You really should watch the film. It will let you recall the glory days of Kobe, post Shaq, pre Gasol.

goingfor28
01-30-2015, 06:21 PM
It is. But someone said no, as if that wasn't what happened, but it's exactly what happened.

Sanjay
01-30-2015, 07:02 PM
Is it entertaining for you to watch one guy freeze his teammates out and jack up a ton of contested 30 footers early in the shot clock as 3 teammates around him call for the ball? It looked like 2005 Kobe out there. You really should watch the film. It will let you recall the glory days of Kobe, post Shaq, pre Gasol.

Its not entertaining to watch a game with no defense with nobody trying until the last four minutes if its close so no I don't watch the game. Regarding Kobe, what was he suppose to do? Look at their roster for those three seasons...How would the Clippers be going if Paul went to the Lakers instead? When was the last time one player won a championship by himself? Laker hater much.

Goose17
01-30-2015, 07:17 PM
They should steal an idea from baseball.

Winning conference gets home court advantage in the playoffs.

goingfor28
01-30-2015, 07:30 PM
They should steal an idea from baseball.

Winning conference gets home court advantage in the playoffs.
One of the absolute worst rules in sports imo

Goose17
01-30-2015, 07:37 PM
One of the absolute worst rules in sports imo

I don't follow baseball but I think it's a good idea. Something needs to be done to make it competitive. Because right now it is the most boring game of any sport in the world. It's terrible. It's WORSE than watching globetrotters.

They need to do something to get the players into it.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-30-2015, 09:53 PM
the clippers would be doing better with Bosh than Love. Bosh knows how to be a role player . Love doesn't. Bosh does more for a team than Love.

Love has a higher WS than Bosh with less opportunities.

THE MTL
01-30-2015, 09:57 PM

Closest person to an allstar is Monta Ellis but who is he going to replace? Klay, CP3, Harden or Westbrook?...and Lillard is next in line.

nastynice
01-30-2015, 11:29 PM
I think CP3 and Duncan shouldn't have made it. Woulda rather Lillard and Ellis

FlashBolt
01-31-2015, 04:50 AM
I think CP3 and Duncan shouldn't have made it. Woulda rather Lillard and Ellis

Duncan shouldn't have made it but CP3 is definitely an All-Star... His PER/WS48 is consistent with last season and his numbers are just as good. Lillard over Duncan, sure.