PDA

View Full Version : **Kevin Durant Interested In Knicks?**

ichitownclowni
01-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Kevin Durant can envision signing with the Knicks when he hits free agency in 2016, a person close to Kevin Durant tells Frank Isola of the New York Daily News, citing his affection for Carmelo Anthony. Durant is close to Knicks coach and former Thunder teammate Derek Fisher, and, Isola writes, he also admires Knicks GM Steve Mills and assistant GM Allan Houston.

“No question about it,” the person close to Durant told Isola “Kevin loves Carmelo [Anthony]. It could work in New York. But never rule out the Thunder.”

Durant isn’t enamored with Reggie Jackson and is becoming increasingly frustrated with Russell Westbrook, Isola hears. The Knicks tried to acquire Jackson when they and the Thunder participated in a three-team trade earlier this month, and they’re likely to make another run at trading for the guard, as Ken Berger of CBSSports.com reported around the time of the swap. However, the Thunder almost traded Jackson to the Nuggets this week, according to Isola, who says on Twitter that Oklahoma City is “expected” to deal Jackson before the February 19th trade deadline.

Jackson’s set for restricted free agency this summer, while Westbrook’s contract with the Thunder runs one year longer than Durant’s, carrying through 2016/17. Westbrook and Durant have been teammates since the 2008/09 season, but Kevin Love reportedly said that he, Anthony and Durant have spoken, at least casually, about playing together. Love has repeatedly insisted that he’s committed to Cleveland for the long haul, but since the Cavs power forward plans to opt in for next season, that would align his free agency with Durant’s for the summer of 2016, when Anthony will have three years left on his deal with the Knicks. New York only has about $32.3MM in commitments for that summer, when most league executives assume the salary cap will surge to around $90MM.

Still, the Knicks will have plenty of competition for Durant, even if he’s indeed growing tired of some of his Thunder teammates. The Wizards, who play in Durant’s hometown, are more than a pipe dream, even if they are a long shot, as TNT’s David Aldridge wrote this week, pointing out a potential income tax savings for Durant if he plays in D.C. and establishes residency in another state. Durant and Kobe Bryant have spoken of mutual interest in playing with each other, though Bryant has said he’ll probably retire after next season, just when Durant is set to hit free agency. Durant has also publicly backed the Thunder, saying recently that he loves playing for Oklahoma City and that, “There’s just a certain level of pride that I have when I play with that Oklahoma City on my chest.”

( http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/01/durant-interested-knicks.html)

Goose17
01-29-2015, 11:02 AM
Sort of like how Lebron was going to the Knicks.

Keep dreaming.

FlashBolt
01-29-2015, 11:06 AM
He's just keeping his options open but I'm an 80-20 in terms of KD staying-leaving. Part of me wants him to win and I don't think we can get it done for him this season. Kendrick Perkins needs to GTFO.

InRoseWeTrust
01-29-2015, 11:09 AM
He's just keeping his options open but I'm an 80-20 in terms of KD staying-leaving. Part of me wants him to win and I don't think we can get it done for him this season. Kendrick Perkins needs to GTFO.

Scott Brooks needs to GTFO.

2-ONE-5
01-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Anytime "a person close" to a player speaks they are wrong and have their own agenda or just want some attention. Cant see KD and Anthony playing together anyway

72 Wins
01-29-2015, 11:15 AM
2 things we need to accept.

1.KD is never going to NY.
2. NY isn't going to be relevant for at least 5 more years.

Cub_StuckinSTL
01-29-2015, 11:16 AM
lol "insert big name here" is interested in the knicks

FlashBolt
01-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Scott Brooks needs to GTFO.

I don't think we're getting rid of Brooks any time soon. Presti and Brooks are like fricking boyfriends. But that's not our biggest problem. We saw Miami win with Spoelstra.. and Spo isn't much better than Brooks. Perkins is just a fat blob who's taking 10 million and getting outperformed by Adams. I don't care about Collison either because at least he doesn't get paid 10 million. But Perkins is only good for setting hard picks. His defense has been deteriorating, he can't score for ****, and he also makes the stupid of plays. I swear, he makes Javale seem competent.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2015, 11:24 AM
Doubt KD leaves. Reggie Jackson most likely dealt by trade deadline. They don't wanna deal with matching a crazy offer sheet to Reggie. For the Knicks I can see them missing on all the big names. Cause most the big names stay with original teams. So only chance for the Knicks is to over pay for UFA Monroe and RFA Reggie Jackson. Draft best player in draft then that's a nice 4 player team right there with Melo. But even with all that no guarantee for playoffs.

GiantsSwaGG
01-29-2015, 11:25 AM
:facepalm: he would be dumb to come here. Washington is more like it

BKLYNpigeon
01-29-2015, 11:32 AM
KD and Melo won't work.

BKLYNpigeon
01-29-2015, 11:33 AM
KD should go play with Golden State. They would have the cap room for him when he becomes a FA.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-29-2015, 11:38 AM
:facepalm: he would be dumb to come here. Washington is more like it Not sure Wizards pull it off either. Yeah home town and all. But haven't seen many home town players chasing to go home. Wizards be pretty thinned out bench wise if KD ended up there with over $20M per deal. Figure it be just Wall,KD,Gortat. Deep luxury tax if they keep Nene and Beal and Porter. They would need a bunch of ring chasers to go there for vet minimum. Yeah tv deal raising the cap. But still would need Nene ,Beal to take Dirk like huge discounts to get this team going.

GiantsSwaGG
01-29-2015, 11:40 AM
KD and Melo won't work.

Melo and KD can work but KD and Wall are a perfect match/fit imo

mightybosstone
01-29-2015, 11:41 AM
There's a dozen teams in the league that could have a legitimate shot at Durant in 2016. Unless we hear someone of importance actually come out and say he's interested in a particular team, let's leave conversations like this alone until we get a lot closer to that offseason.

GiantsSwaGG
01-29-2015, 11:43 AM
Not sure Wizards pull it off either. Yeah home town and all. But haven't seen many home town players chasing to go home. Wizards be pretty thinned out bench wise if KD ended up there with over $20M per deal. Figure it be just Wall,KD,Gortat. Deep luxury tax if they keep Nene and Beal and Porter. They would need a bunch of ring chasers to go there for vet minimum. Yeah tv deal raising the cap. But still would need Nene ,Beal to take Dirk like huge discounts to get this team going.

I mean I can see them pulling it off, their reports NeNe might retire after this season, Beal would be a RF and they can sign him without it affecting the cap

Wall
Beal
Durant
Gortat

That's a great core and championship threat

More-Than-Most
01-29-2015, 11:45 AM
Honestly you people will hate on this but lets me real there is always a chance because one its the knicks and 2 its madison square garden and 3 is Jackson running things... I get the Knicks have a ton of issues but that is pretty ****ing attractive and durant in New york all a sudden is the most popular athlete in america and his net worth and income instantly triples.

mightybosstone
01-29-2015, 11:48 AM
Honestly you people will hate on this but lets me real there is always a chance because one its the knicks and 2 its madison square garden and 3 is Jackson running things... I get the Knicks have a ton of issues but that is pretty ****ing attractive and durant in New york all a sudden is the most popular athlete in america and his net worth and income instantly triples.

Sure. I'll bite that the Knicks have a halfway decent chance to get Durant. The probability he could come to New York is not 0%. That being said, I could say that about nearly half the teams in the league under the right circumstances. Do we need separate threads for every team that could feasibly have a shot a Kevin Durant in a year and a half?

lamzoka
01-29-2015, 11:58 AM
In 2016 Knicks will sign KD, LeBron, Anthony Davis, MJ, Clyde Frazier, Jesus, Spike Lee, and Me.

We're not falling for this **** again like 2010, when LeBron was "joining" the Knicks.

The media
5-37 Nobody will sign with the Knicks
4-1 in the last 5 games: KD is coming :facepalm:

D-Leethal
01-29-2015, 12:01 PM
I don't think he comes here, but I don't think there is a chance he stays in OKC. All they have done is penny pinch and subtract talent year after year in favor of cheap rookie nobodies. Thats not a good look, they would have an all star team right now if they were 100% committed to winning but balancing the books seems to be higher priority for them and Durant has watched them turn a DYNASTY into a team that might not even make the playoffs.

GiantsSwaGG
01-29-2015, 12:11 PM

You make a valid point, if he's looking at Anthony, ever since he came to NY his money and business tripled to the point he and Jay-Z are in talk into buying Hot 97. With that said he goes to Washington. Wall and Durant are a perfect fit. Plus were nowhere near title contention as the Wizard are a another star away. It's a no brainer

D-Leethal
01-29-2015, 12:21 PM
You make a valid point, if he's looking at Anthony, ever since he came to NY his money and business tripled to the point he and Jay-Z are in talk into buying Hot 97. With that said he goes to Washington. Wall and Durant are a perfect fit. Plus were nowhere near title contention as the Wizard are a another star away. It's a no brainer

Durant to me doesn't crave the superstar spotlight a guy like Melo does. I don't see him as being as ambitious off the court as Melo. Not a bad thing, but he has a bit of a sheltered personality and likes his privacy off the court whereas Melo lives in the spotlight, goes on CNBC and dines with Obama.

I will say, people should curb the talk about nobody wanting to play with Melo. Its abundantly clear he is well respected amongst the NBA's elite and is a big draw for players to team up with.

IKnowHoops
01-29-2015, 12:38 PM

Why not just go to Cleveland and play with Kyrie and Lebron. Who could stop that. Lebron and KD would be a perfect fit and a terror. If I am Lebron and KD, I have already talked about playing together. Just makes to much sense for those to to play together for a few years if they have the opportunity to. You couldn't make a better team having Kyrie, Bron, and Durant in 2016.

Burkey3472
01-29-2015, 12:42 PM
The Knicks better add some pieces if they want to land Durant. Why would he leave more money and Westbrook for Carmelo (who would be turning 33 during the 2016-2017 season) and Fisher?

IKnowHoops
01-29-2015, 12:42 PM
Durant to me doesn't crave the superstar spotlight a guy like Melo does. I don't see him as being as ambitious off the court as Melo. Not a bad thing, but he has a bit of a sheltered personality and likes his privacy off the court whereas Melo lives in the spotlight, goes on CNBC and dines with Obama.

I will say, people should curb the talk about nobody wanting to play with Melo. Its abundantly clear he is well respected amongst the NBA's elite and is a big draw for players to team up with.

Thats why I'm wondering if him ending up in Cleveland with Bron is a possibility. You get the best of both Worlds. Quiet town, with huge spotlight created by the presence of He and Lebron being on the same team. And then obviously the most important factor. CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

2-ONE-5
01-29-2015, 01:08 PM
Why not just go to Cleveland and play with Kyrie and Lebron. Who could stop that. Lebron and KD would be a perfect fit and a terror. If I am Lebron and KD, I have already talked about playing together. Just makes to much sense for those to to play together for a few years if they have the opportunity to. You couldn't make a better team having Kyrie, Bron, and Durant in 2016.

bcuz KD isnt a *****. He is a competitor

meloman1592
01-29-2015, 01:34 PM
2 things we need to accept.

1.KD is never going to NY.
2. NY isn't going to be relevant for at least 5 more years.

Damn right. Because you said so

colinskik
01-29-2015, 01:45 PM

Although KD seems like the kind of guy who doesn't like the spotlight, that may only be the case because of where he's played his whole career. Maybe he would relish the bright lights in NYC. As arguably the best player in the league, he certainly doesn't get the respect he deserves. I mean, he wasn't even voted as an all star starter while Melo and Kobe were, all because they play in big markets that have more fans. Maybe KD finally wants the proper recognition.

Also, what makes Wall the perfect fit with KD? Another fast point guard who likes the ball in his hands? Yes, he is more pass-centric then westbrook, but they are still kinda similar. I think KD would fit well with any superstar because he's so well rounded and not at all selfish. Who else could really put up with Westbrook, a number 2 playing and acting like he's the number 1?

colinskik
01-29-2015, 01:47 PM
As per the article, I couldn't imagine a KD-Melo-Love combo unless one of them somehow plays the two spot, because that's not the kind of front court you want defensively.

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2015, 01:49 PM
cap is supposed to go up to 80 million I think, knicks would have to sign some players this year and still have enough cap for it to have any chance. Doubtful but way to many things can happen from now till then to predict where Kd goes

WaDe03
01-29-2015, 01:59 PM
All big name free agents for 2015 and 2016 are coming to Miami.

jerellh528
01-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Thats why I'm wondering if him ending up in Cleveland with Bron is a possibility. You get the best of both Worlds. Quiet town, with huge spotlight created by the presence of He and Lebron being on the same team. And then obviously the most important factor. CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!

This is you lol

https://vine.co/v/OTLx0KEQWBr

IKnowHoops
01-29-2015, 02:06 PM
This is you lol

https://vine.co/v/OTLx0KEQWBr

I'm on your ignore list and I still own you. You don't post unless I give the OK.

JustinTime
01-29-2015, 02:11 PM

Kd was born with a pair and I don't think he wants to be a viewed as a ****ing coward like Lebroom.

mike_noodles
01-29-2015, 02:29 PM
Somebody must be hurting for readers. This is just pure trash. "Reporters" need to be held accountable.

mRc08
01-29-2015, 02:42 PM
Doubt KD goes to the Knicks, I've been fooled before with this idea. However, I think they have their eyes set on Gasol, and if the Grizz don't start getting deeper into the playoffs or into the finals I think he may leave. The fact is the Western Conference is so deep and memphis is only getting older. He may choose to leave for a max deal and a chance to roll with Carmello and Phil. Still, I feel like the Knicks are going to strike out on everyone with this model. They need to rebuild through the draft and collect assets for the future IMO.

colinskik
01-29-2015, 02:52 PM
Doubt KD goes to the Knicks, I've been fooled before with this idea. However, I think they have their eyes set on Gasol, and if the Grizz don't start getting deeper into the playoffs or into the finals I think he may leave. The fact is the Western Conference is so deep and memphis is only getting older. He may choose to leave for a max deal and a chance to roll with Carmello and Phil. Still, I feel like the Knicks are going to strike out on everyone with this model. They need to rebuild through the draft and collect assets for the future IMO.

Where do think this tank is rolling?

Iron24th
01-29-2015, 02:53 PM
He should go to washington, they would own the east for a longtime.

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Well if the knicks drafted a stud, and signed Gasol then they would have enough cap space for durant with the increase that would make the knicks a lot more attractive. My point is nobody knows what's ganna happen from now until 2016 every team with space will have a shot at him

rockets-fan
01-29-2015, 03:05 PM
I say he stays in OKC

If he leaves it will be for Washington or Houston imo

FraziersKnicks
01-29-2015, 03:17 PM
Kd was born with a pair and I don't think he wants to be a viewed as a ****ing coward like Lebroom.

I don't think he wants to be viewed as one of the most talented players to never win a title. One of the greatest "losers" along with Malone, Stockton and Barkley.

I think he would happily trade your opinion of him for a few rings.

BGeer091
01-29-2015, 03:25 PM
As of right now I don't see Durant coming here. I think that changes if the Knicks have a good off season, our young guys develop, and Fisher is the coach we think he is.

I do believe Melo and Durant can play on the same team. You'd just have to make sure you have a good defensive center, and pass first/good defending/knock down shooters at the guard positions..

Tony_Starks
01-29-2015, 03:36 PM
I can't see the Knicks but I wouldn't be shocked if he left for a bigger market. Don't forget he's signed with Roc Nation now so when the time comes I'm pretty sure Jay will be in his ear about market size and his brand,if he isn't already....

jerellh528
01-29-2015, 03:37 PM
I don't think he wants to be viewed as one of the most talented players to never win a title. One of the greatest "losers" along with Malone, Stockton and Barkley.

I think he would happily trade your opinion of him for a few rings.

Lebrons team isn't the only one that can win rings, lebron only has 2 in 12 years. I'm sure kd will be fine wherever he chooses to go, if and when he does go. Anyways by that time (2016) Lebron will have declined even more and kd will be undoubtedly the best player in the game, it'd probably be james wanting to play with kd rather than vice versa

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2015, 03:51 PM
I say he stays in OKC

No bias in Houston right

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2015, 03:51 PM
Knicks have 0 chance if they strike out in FA

rockets-fan
01-29-2015, 04:00 PM
No bias in Houston right

Well I say that because of his relationship with Harden and he went to UT so yea

papipapsmanny
01-29-2015, 04:31 PM
Its either OKC or DC

Durant, Wall, Beal would be deadly, plus Gortat down low. Nene, and Pierce would be gone. Raised cap... it is very possible financially

Goose17
01-29-2015, 04:56 PM

Yes. Gasol is playing for a contender and he's going to leave that to play for a lotto team in the east.

New Yorks best case scenario is a guy like Reggie Jackson. They're not getting top tier guys.

Goose17
01-29-2015, 04:58 PM
bcuz KD isnt a *****. He is a competitor

Or because he already has Westbrook? > Irving.
and Ibaka? > Love.

Just saying.

colinskik
01-29-2015, 05:19 PM
I say he stays in OKC

lol

sure thing, houston fan.

colinskik
01-29-2015, 05:21 PM
Yes. Gasol is playing for a contender and he's going to leave that to play for a lotto team in the east.

New Yorks best case scenario is a guy like Reggie Jackson. They're not getting top tier guys.

Knicks shouldn't spend the kind of money that Jackson is demanding because, well, because he's not worth that much. Plus, he's not a good fit for the system.

Goose17
01-29-2015, 05:29 PM
Knicks shouldn't spend the kind of money that Jackson is demanding because, well, because he's not worth that much. Plus, he's not a good fit for the system.

They shouldn't but they probably will. They have a habit of doing things they shouldn't do. Bargnani comes to mind.

Jackson and Fisher were real close in OKC. I'm betting they go after him when they realise none of the stars want to play for the 3rd worst team in the league.

FraziersKnicks
01-29-2015, 05:42 PM
Lebrons team isn't the only one that can win rings, lebron only has 2 in 12 years. I'm sure kd will be fine wherever he chooses to go, if and when he does go. Anyways by that time (2016) Lebron will have declined even more and kd will be undoubtedly the best player in the game, it'd probably be james wanting to play with kd rather than vice versa

At which point did I say KD should join LeBron?

If he leaves the team to join another team with all-star players people will hold him to the same standard they did LeBron (probably not actually) where in reality he can do whatever he wants to win a title. The difference is he has had the ABSOLUTE PERFECT situation in OKC with Westy, Ibaka, Harden (when he was a top 5 SG), Jackson etc. to win. Not sure if he's ever gonna have a better team than he's had these past few years I'm OKC.

OKC are notorious for penny pinching. If they wanted to win a title at all costs they would've kept the KD, Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka big 4 together. Instead they're more interested in balancing their books than winning an NBA title for their best player in franchise history.

That is why I can't see KD staying beyond next summer. Absolutely nothing to do with joining LeBron.

colinskik
01-29-2015, 06:13 PM
They shouldn't but they probably will. They have a habit of doing things they shouldn't do. Bargnani comes to mind.

Jackson and Fisher were real close in OKC. I'm betting they go after him when they realise none of the stars want to play for the 3rd worst team in the league.

You do realize those "habits" are all the doings of past regimes and Dolan's heavy hand. You know that guy Phil Jackson, right? He's in charge now, and he's been the polar opposite of what the knicks' hierarchy has been in recent memory.

Main point here is that the Knicks will almost certainly be targeting big men with their money. They don't need a big name/highly paid point guard for their system to be successful. I know it's been a very small sample size, but even a D-leaguer like Galloway who is competent and can hit shots and play D has been enough for the Knicks to all of a sudden look like a team that isn't God awful. That's how bad our point guard game has been recently. We just need a solid PG. Don't be surprised if the Knicks stick with Galloway and/or Calderon next season.

xxplayerxx23
01-29-2015, 06:17 PM

Reggie Jackson lol
Yeah no way Dragic monroe would be interested

Goose17
01-29-2015, 06:19 PM
You do realize those "habits" are all the doings of past regimes and Dolan's heavy hand. You know that guy Phil Jackson, right? He's in charge now, and he's been the polar opposite of what the knicks' hierarchy has been in recent memory.

Main point here is that the Knicks will almost certainly be targeting big men with their money. They don't need a big name/highly paid point guard for their system to be successful. I know it's been a very small sample size, but even a D-leaguer like Galloway who is competent and can hit shots and play D has been enough for the Knicks to all of a sudden look like a team that isn't God awful. That's how bad our point guard game has been recently. We just need a solid PG. Don't be surprised if the Knicks stick with Galloway and/or Calderon next season.

Yes. They've been so successful under Phil so far. Complete turn around. They're not worse than last year at all. They're not trying to force an offense onto a team that doesn't have the correct players in place to run it. They're not stuck in their ways forcing it instead of designing an offense that suits the talent that is already there.

Yes they're doing fantastically. They didn't just overpay Melo, a second option playing first option on a team with no other talent worth mentioning aside from Calderon. Nope.

He's been brilliant. Look at all the genius moves he made. Like that trade he made for whats-his-face and that Langston Galloway, yep, he's a player now. Whoever he is. Next logical step is to sign Gasol and Dragic then KD. It's so obvious, why didn't I see it before?

KnicksorBust
01-29-2015, 06:44 PM
If everyone on PSD was given the ability to close one thread without explanation or mod powers I would use mine on this one.

rockets-fan
01-29-2015, 07:19 PM
lol

sure thing, houston fan.

Haha we can dream right?

Crackadalic
01-29-2015, 07:21 PM
lol why is there 4 pages of nothing. KD isn't going to the knicks.

Redrum187
01-29-2015, 07:36 PM
Well I say that because of his relationship with Harden and he went to UT so yea

I thought Durant hates Dwight... ?

I could envision Durant going to Dallas to play with his favorite player of all time, Dirk Nowitzki, before he retires. Nowitzki would be passing the keys to Durant.

1.) 2nd best coach in the NBA
2.) Never cuts quality players for cap purposes.
3.) Team ball where he would always be the number 1 option.
4.) Already a winning culture with great competitive pieces.
5.) One of the biggest NBA markets.
6.) NBA's best owner (love or hate him).

PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Monta Ellis
SF: Kevin Durant
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Tyson Chandler

Parsons on the bench.

mightybosstone
01-29-2015, 10:24 PM

I could envision Durant going to Dallas to play with his favorite player of all time, Dirk Nowitzki, before he retires. Nowitzki would be passing the keys to Durant.

Parsons on the bench.

Dallas doesn't make any sense. The Mavericks just spent a ton of money on Parsons, and Dirk has already started his decline. Plus, I just think he can do better talent-wise. All of that being said, I wouldn't rule them out completely. But I do think there are much better candidates if Durant were to leave OKC, and I'd certainly rank Houston ahead of them.

Hawkamania
01-29-2015, 10:49 PM
Here we go again...

Cal827
01-29-2015, 11:04 PM
:facepalm: he would be dumb to come here. Washington is more like it

He woulda been ****ed in Washington

MTar786
01-30-2015, 05:23 AM
i have a feeling kd signs with the lakers when he is a free agent. who wouldnt want to be the guy who saved the lakers. plus kobe will be retiring at the same time.

GiantsSwaGG
01-30-2015, 11:15 AM
i have a feeling kd signs with the lakers when he is a free agent. who wouldnt want to be the guy who saved the lakers. plus kobe will be retiring at the same time.

:facepalm: brah who cares about saving the Lakers, they're going to suck for a very long time. He would be smart to go to Washington and win a chip for his home town

GiantsSwaGG
01-30-2015, 11:17 AM
He woulda been ****ed in Washington

I mean it's his hometown, plus him and Wall are a perfect combination imo. A sleeper team might be the Raptors believe it or not, Drake would have to show him what that mouth do thou lol

rockets-fan
01-30-2015, 02:50 PM

Parsons on the bench.

Max player in the bench?

Dallas does have an amazing coach and some very nice pieces already in place but I think Washington is certainly a better option.

Houston isn't an option actually since our cap is tied up.

If i had to bet, I'd say he stays in OKC or goes to Washington.

xxplayerxx23
01-31-2015, 06:45 PM
I mean it's his hometown, plus him and Wall are a perfect combination imo. A sleeper team might be the Raptors believe it or not, Drake would have to show him what that mouth do thou lol

Nobody wants to play for Toronto higher taxes , Lowry did but he's nowhere near durant level type player, durant wants to brand his name and win, he would def do that all in Washington ( because of him being back home ) NY LA other big markets

Cal827
01-31-2015, 07:17 PM

:laugh: I fully agree with you that Durant's most likely going to Washington, I'm just trying to troll ya. Drake will probably cause Derozan and Lowry to leave over "cringeworthy" pictures intended for someone else (or that's what he'll say) .

Shortly before you joined PSD, there was a thread in the NFL forum titled "Jamaal Charles was almost traded to Washington" after their terrible seasons in 2009-2010. The post pretty much resulted in 7 pages of both fellow users and Mods using the phrase "He would'a been ****ed in Washington", pissing off the OP and Washington fans (well, the ones who didn't join in on the 7 pages of glory lol)

PhillyFaninLA
01-31-2015, 07:18 PM
So every great player in the history of the NBA has the desire to play for the Knicks....Lebron was a lock, he didn't come, Kobe should be traded there and lets ignore value....maybe he is interested maybe he isn't but I'm sick of hearing how every great player wants to be a Knick...then they fail to get them...I don't consider Melo a win and if you know my history on this site of posting about him you know why

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2015, 07:25 PM
Nobody wants to play for Toronto higher taxes , Lowry did but he's nowhere near durant level type player, durant wants to brand his name and win, he would def do that all in Washington ( because of him being back home ) NY LA other big markets

True but you never know, crazier things have happen but Washington is the most likely destination for him imo

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2015, 07:27 PM
:laugh: I fully agree with you that Durant's most likely going to Washington, I'm just trying to troll ya. Drake will probably cause Derozan and Lowry to leave over "cringeworthy" pictures intended for someone else (or that's what he'll say) .

Shortly before you joined PSD, there was a thread in the NFL forum titled "Jamaal Charles was almost traded to Washington" after their terrible seasons in 2009-2010. The post pretty much resulted in 7 pages of both fellow users and Mods using the phrase "He would'a been ****ed in Washington", pissing off the OP and Washington fans (well, the ones who didn't join in on the 7 pages of glory lol)

:laugh: :laugh: I'm mad that thread lasted 7 pages. Charles would of been ****ed in Washington thou lol

What's the Raps cap situation going to be like in 2016? Would they be able to afford a max player?

Seizabmc
01-31-2015, 07:47 PM
As a knicks fan.

I think kd would be better off going to either his home town to join forces with John wall and Bradley beil in Washington.

Or if not that than going to the lakers to be the new face of there franchise.

5ass
01-31-2015, 07:53 PM
Durant said he'd love to play with oladipo that one time so he's coming to the magic.

Cal827
01-31-2015, 07:53 PM
:laugh: :laugh: I'm mad that thread lasted 7 pages. Charles would of been ****ed in Washington thou lol

What's the Raps cap situation going to be like in 2016? Would they be able to afford a max player?

Well, if the Cap does increase, we probably will have a shot. However, we have a ton of contracts coming off the books this season, so we would pretty much have to allow a throw away season next year in order to put ourselves in that position. After this season, we have Amir, Louis, and Hansborough as FAs. We'll pretty much have to let Williams walk (especially if he's a 6th man of the year candidate/winner cause I can see his agent wanting Ben Gordon type of money), and try to bargain for Amir. I can see one team sending out a huge offer, trying to pry him away.

Then there's next season, where we will likely have to decide on Valanciunas and Ross, as they are eligible for extensions. Looking at JVs efficiency, and the fact that He's a Center, there's a good chance that that'll be another big extension, maybe in the range of 10mill + per season (always wondered if Casey was keeping him off the court during crunch time (pisses me the hell off, might as well let the guy get his time out there), because it would hurt the teams cap value in the future lol).

As for Ross, it might be a little tricky. I can see us dealing him out next season, if he doesn't show enough growth in his game. At least from what I've seen so far, he's far too streaky to be a starter. If he's going to cap out as like that (as a Sixth man), then they better not overpay (which he'll probably try to get of course (not a shot on him, most players go for the biggest offer). They might tell other teams, that he has potential to become better, since some others take a bit to reach a peak, like Derozan.

Which brings me to the last point. Derozan's contract expires that season as well. If we're going to resign him, then he'll command a much larger salary. He's making less than 10 million on the current contract. With the Cap increase as well, he'll probably want something in the range of 15-18 million per year (maybe more lol). I expect them to resign Derozan too, but if Ross does show much progress in the latter half of this season, then they might shop either of the guys. But I really don't see Derozan going anywhere based on the team (unless Ross becomes Jordan overnight :laugh2: ). The fans absolutely love him here.

IndyRealist
01-31-2015, 10:51 PM
Stopped reading at "New York Daily News".

FriedTofuz
01-31-2015, 10:52 PM
I stopped reading after " Kevin Durant's Affection for Carmelo Anthony" Every year it's the knicks year of wishful thinking to get a Big name Free agent. Other than Melo, who else have they gotten? Overpaid Amare knowing his medical history and Chandler?

GiantsSwaGG
01-31-2015, 11:04 PM
Well, if the Cap does increase, we probably will have a shot. However, we have a ton of contracts coming off the books this season, so we would pretty much have to allow a throw away season next year in order to put ourselves in that position. After this season, we have Amir, Louis, and Hansborough as FAs. We'll pretty much have to let Williams walk (especially if he's a 6th man of the year candidate/winner cause I can see his agent wanting Ben Gordon type of money), and try to bargain for Amir. I can see one team sending out a huge offer, trying to pry him away.

Then there's next season, where we will likely have to decide on Valanciunas and Ross, as they are eligible for extensions. Looking at JVs efficiency, and the fact that He's a Center, there's a good chance that that'll be another big extension, maybe in the range of 10mill + per season (always wondered if Casey was keeping him off the court during crunch time (pisses me the hell off, might as well let the guy get his time out there), because it would hurt the teams cap value in the future lol).

As for Ross, it might be a little tricky. I can see us dealing him out next season, if he doesn't show enough growth in his game. At least from what I've seen so far, he's far too streaky to be a starter. If he's going to cap out as like that (as a Sixth man), then they better not overpay (which he'll probably try to get of course (not a shot on him, most players go for the biggest offer). They might tell other teams, that he has potential to become better, since some others take a bit to reach a peak, like Derozan.

Which brings me to the last point. Derozan's contract expires that season as well. If we're going to resign him, then he'll command a much larger salary. He's making less than 10 million on the current contract. With the Cap increase as well, he'll probably want something in the range of 15-18 million per year (maybe more lol). I expect them to resign Derozan too, but if Ross does show much progress in the latter half of this season, then they might shop either of the guys. But I really don't see Derozan going anywhere based on the team (unless Ross becomes Jordan overnight :laugh2: ). The fans absolutely love him here.

T Ross reminds so much of THJ, some nights you love him and other nights you want him off your team :laugh2:

cheetos185
02-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Media just makes up something out of nothing. No way kd is coming to NY maybe when he and Bron are 40 years old they can team up on the knicks.

DarkKnight
02-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Stopped reading at "New York Daily News".

I wonder how many people read "at" the daily news

jimm120
02-01-2015, 12:43 PM
ny post is worse.

DarkKnight
02-01-2015, 12:50 PM
ny post is worse.

That's the enquirer of NY papers

D-Leethal
02-01-2015, 01:28 PM
I stopped reading after " Kevin Durant's Affection for Carmelo Anthony" Every year it's the knicks year of wishful thinking to get a Big name Free agent. Other than Melo, who else have they gotten? Overpaid Amare knowing his medical history and Chandler?

When else have we had the opportunity to do so? You can't sign free agents when your over the cap.

DarkKnight
02-01-2015, 01:38 PM
When else have we had the opportunity to do so? You can't sign free agents when your over the cap.

Maybe he thought this was the MLB forum

j-bay
02-01-2015, 02:46 PM
I'm going to give my analysis on this. Here is my top 10 Durant destinations.

1.OKC- still #1, however starting to become less likely. He loves the city but with the moves they have been making, Durant has got to be questioning them.
2. DC- Hometown team. John Wall, Beal, and Gortat look grest. Nene's contract ends during Durant's FA year. The Wizards will have a ton of money to spend in 2016. As of now the opposing favorite against OKC.
3. Raptors- Toronto gas tried to recruit him, although I don't know if they have the fire power to beat out OKC ans DC.
4.NYKs- The Knicks will have Carmelo and a top 5 pick, and maybe a top fa in 15. It all depends on how they build their team. One wrong move and it's game over.
5.Bulls-Chicago will try, but I think the team's above will have the edge.
6.Heat- Riley is the factor in this. The selling point is Bosh and Wade. The question is how trustworthy is Bosh and Wade going into the playoffs.
7.Rockets-They got a good looking team. Just can't see it happening.
8.Lakers- They are a mess right now. We know they will try, but I doubt they can clean up this mess for Durant before 2016.
9.Nets- Reports say they are interested, but like the Lakers, I doubt they can clean it up.
10. GSW-At this point I'm just adding someone to the list because I think I just went through all the reported teams interested.

Cal827
02-01-2015, 03:05 PM
I'm going to give my analysis on this. Here is my top 10 Durant destinations.

1.OKC- still #1, however starting to become less likely. He loves the city but with the moves they have been making, Durant has got to be questioning them.
2. DC- Hometown team. John Wall, Beal, and Gortat look grest. Nene's contract ends during Durant's FA year. The Wizards will have a ton of money to spend in 2016. As of now the opposing favorite against OKC.
3. Raptors- Toronto gas tried to recruit him, although I don't know if they have the fire power to beat out OKC ans DC.
4.NYKs- The Knicks will have Carmelo and a top 5 pick, and maybe a top fa in 15. It all depends on how they build their team. One wrong move and it's game over.
5.Bulls-Chicago will try, but I think the team's above will have the edge.
6.Heat- Riley is the factor in this. The selling point is Bosh and Wade. The question is how trustworthy is Bosh and Wade going into the playoffs.
7.Rockets-They got a good looking team. Just can't see it happening.
8.Lakers- They are a mess right now. We know they will try, but I doubt they can clean up this mess for Durant before 2016.
9.Nets- Reports say they are interested, but like the Lakers, I doubt they can clean it up.
10. GSW-At this point I'm just adding someone to the list because I think I just went through all the reported teams interested.

Pretty much agree with everything here.

If OKC misses the playoffs or is a 1st round exit again, then I can definitely see them fall back down the list. Durant went from dealing with the old titans in that conference (Lakers, Spurs, Dallas). After them, they were supposed to be the titan. Now, they just seem to be falling behind the new titans of the West (Golden State, Houston, Portland, Memphis). Even at full health, I'd pretty much go with any of the teams there over the Thunder. He might look at the other conference, and see a much lighter path to the finals.

If OKC loses early or misses the playoffs this season, Washington would be probably be the #1 on his list. (Unless the Raptors go much farther than the Wizards and make the finals in back to back years or something lol)

jeter 2
02-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Did anyone pay attention to the cap? 90 million is a pretty high cap number. There are going to crazy scenarios that people come up with.

For the Knicks to get Durant, they need to draft a stud, probably get Marc Gasol and a new point guard or power forward by 2016 depending on who they draft.

The Knicks will have 1 thing going for them. I don't they'll be scared to spend the full 90 million on their roster, while at the same time, every team is going to have significant cap space so get ready for a big offseason.

KD will have plenty of options.

2-ONE-5
02-02-2015, 12:04 PM
think what you want about the Sixers but if KD becomes an FA I can see some possoble interest if our young guys take another step next season. A team I have been thinking about as a sleeper too is the Suns

j-bay
02-02-2015, 12:25 PM
think what you want about the Sixers but if KD becomes an FA I can see some possoble interest if our young guys take another step next season. A team I have been thinking about as a sleeper too is the Suns

They Better take a next step. And we are talking about a huge step. We are not talking about 7-8 seed here, we are talking about 1-4 seed which I doubt they will be able to do. As for Phoenix, yeah they are good, but I can't see that wow factor that would make him go there.

j-bay
02-02-2015, 12:33 PM
Pretty much agree with everything here.

If OKC misses the playoffs or is a 1st round exit again, then I can definitely see them fall back down the list. Durant went from dealing with the old titans in that conference (Lakers, Spurs, Dallas). After them, they were supposed to be the titan. Now, they just seem to be falling behind the new titans of the West (Golden State, Houston, Portland, Memphis). Even at full health, I'd pretty much go with any of the teams there over the Thunder. He might look at the other conference, and see a much lighter path to the finals.

If OKC loses early or misses the playoffs this season, Washington would be probably be the #1 on his list. (Unless the Raptors go much farther than the Wizards and make the finals in back to back years or something lol)

The thing with the Raptors is they are a really good team. However I think there is a lot more factors that drive him to DC vs Toronto.

2-ONE-5
02-02-2015, 12:35 PM
They Better take a next step. And we are talking about a huge step. We are not talking about 7-8 seed here, we are talking about 1-4 seed which I doubt they will be able to do. As for Phoenix, yeah they are good, but I can't see that wow factor that would make him go there.

you dont need a wow factor. you need a team that he bring thr wow factor to and take them to the next level. KD isnt Lebron he isnt going to go running to the best team he can find. Teams like Philly, NO, PHX, Washington, Detroit are some of the teams i would be keeping my eye on if I was him.

IKnowHoops
02-03-2015, 02:20 AM
you dont need a wow factor. you need a team that he bring thr wow factor to and take them to the next level. KD isnt Lebron he isnt going to go running to the best team he can find. Teams like Philly, NO, PHX, Washington, Detroit are some of the teams i would be keeping my eye on if I was him.

What you fail to realize is that the team is the best only because of Lebron. The Heat without Lebron at no point are as the Wizards right now. It will be up to Durant to make the team he goes to the best. Without Lebron the Heat aren't a threat at all to win anything. The Wizards are much more of a threat without Durant.

2-ONE-5
02-03-2015, 09:49 AM
Im not failing to realize anything. James prefers to team up with as many star players as he can to help him win, i dont see KD aiming to do the same thing hence why I said he isnt going to be searching for teams to be a 1-2 seed to make him interested, i can see him looking to put a team over the top like the ones i mentioned.

Cal827
02-03-2015, 12:24 PM
The thing with the Raptors is they are a really good team. However I think there is a lot more factors that drive him to DC vs Toronto.

That Hometown glory :laugh2:

Yeah, something would have to absolutely collapse (or a really dumb trade that screws Washington's cap situation) would be the only thing that removes Washington from one of the top 2 possible landing spots for Durant.

That line-up would be crazy though.

Wall
Beal
Durant
-
Gortat

PF is the easiest position to fill in the NBA. That team would likely dominate the next decade in the East lol

j-bay
02-03-2015, 06:53 PM
That Hometown glory :laugh2:

Yeah, something would have to absolutely collapse (or a really dumb trade that screws Washington's cap situation) would be the only thing that removes Washington from one of the top 2 possible landing spots for Durant.

That line-up would be crazy though.

Wall
Beal
Durant
-
Gortat

PF is the easiest position to fill in the NBA. That team would likely dominate the next decade in the East lol

I don't think they will. Plus it helps that Nene's contract ends. Funny story here, this is from real gm wizards forums KD to DC forum. One of the posters was watching the game. Everytime Westbrook got the ball, a lady kept on yelling telling him to pass it. The guy turns around and it was KD's mom. She was in one of the Suites.

ManningToTyree
02-04-2015, 10:53 AM
I will say I don't think he sticks around in OKC without a championship. Much more likely he goes to Washington then NY