PDA

View Full Version : Possible, Impossible, Dream Scenario & Both Teams win, type trades for Kevin Love

IKnowHoops
01-29-2015, 03:11 AM
I believe Kevin Love is a very good player, but I don't think he is meshing well with the Cavs. I'm sure there are other teams out there that would find more of a value in Love than the Cavs can get out of him based on the team makeup. Conversely there are teams with players that the Cavs could probably get more value out of than there current team is maybe getting from them. I'm sure they will figure it out to a better extent as the season goes on, but say the Cavs decided to trade him. What could be some possible trades that would be good for the Cavs, good for another team that could really use him, or good for both teams?

IKnowHoops
01-29-2015, 03:25 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=oqkbp84

IKnowHoops
01-29-2015, 03:34 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kd23wjt

tredigs
01-29-2015, 03:47 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kd23wjt

The Magic would def refuse that offer without thinking, but this was the one I had in mind.

Though mine was both Morris bro's + Thomas for K Love.

Love is a tough sell though. There's no reason to think he'd sign an extension with the trade to Phx, and they'd probably need him to if they're giving up that many assets. I know they're happy with what they have in Merkieff right now as well, so it probably isn't happening.

IKnowHoops
01-29-2015, 03:49 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=m8aqc3l

IKnowHoops
01-29-2015, 03:54 AM
The Magic would def refuse that offer without thinking, but this was the one I had in mind.

Though mine was both Morris bro's + Thomas for K Love.

Love is a tough sell though. There's no reason to think he'd sign an extension with the trade to Phx, and they'd probably need him to if they're giving up that many assets. I know they're happy with what they have in Merkieff right now as well, so it probably isn't happening.

I wonder if Loves inability to get touches in Cleveland, coupled with the fact he'd be much more of a center piece in phoenix...if that would change his mind a bit. Add the fact that Phoenix is up and coming and well coached and have a bright future. I mean for Love, playing in CLE is really effecting his money. He just can't be productive with Bron and Kyrie demanding so many touches. I'm at the point now where I think 3 superstars is to much. 2 superstars with a bunch of solid role players who play off your superstars seems like the better formula.

tm95835
01-29-2015, 04:32 AM
Can't get the link but Tristan Thompson to Pelicans, Love to Indiana, Cavs bring in Hibbert and Anderson. All salaries work out

KnicksorBust
01-29-2015, 06:58 AM
Love belongs in Cleveland with Lebron and Kyrie. How are you people still making threads about the Cavs? How long until people realize that team can win the title?

TheTreys
01-29-2015, 07:16 AM
How about if the Celtics give up maybe Sullinger & some picks or maybe to Golden State for David Lee & a pick?

FlashBolt
01-29-2015, 09:19 AM
Tristan isn't going anywhere. The Cavs have made good use of him when he's on the court. Not to mention the fact that he's represented by LeBron's agent as well. I think Love still needs more time. He doesn't seem healthy out there and Cavs need to sit him out (despite lacking quality big men), and see how it goes from there. He's still a double-double machine but goddamn, he's just missing everything out there. It seems the biggest plays he makes are in the first quarter and then he disappears. Cavs are fine either way. There's no reason to believe that they won't be able to attract free agent big men during the off-season. Kevin Love has been an absolute disappointment. He's not getting the ball because he doesn't position himself well. He's too used to getting the ball wherever he wants. Most people expected Love to play some sort of defense. He doesn't even tiptoe to contest any shot(s). I don't know who they should get for him. Mosgov has been amazing for the Cavs. He's made more of an impact than Love has.

IKnowHoops
01-29-2015, 12:14 PM
Love belongs in Cleveland with Lebron and Kyrie. How are you people still making threads about the Cavs? How long until people realize that team can win the title?

I just made the thread for giggles. I just know the talk is there and wanted to see what people came up with. I agree with you though for the most part.

D-Leethal
01-29-2015, 12:24 PM
I don't think anyone trades for him at this point as he is about as uncertain to resign anywhere as any upcoming FA. Nobody is gonna trade for him thinking they can convince him to resign with all the rumors surrounding him about his intentions and what he actually wants - winning vs spotlight etc...

JasonJohnHorn
01-29-2015, 02:20 PM
If I were the Cavs and I have Love committed long term, I wouldn't trade him, But with his contract up, they could lose him for nothing at the end of the season, and given the fact that they really aren't utilizing him, I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

With that in mind, I would consider moving him. I'd target Marc Gasol as the ideal player to get back. Interior defense is what they need, and Gasol's passing is top notch. Of course, I'd rather have Conley on the Cavs than Kyrie....

Sanjay
01-29-2015, 06:45 PM
If I were the Cavs and I have Love committed long term, I wouldn't trade him, But with his contract up, they could lose him for nothing at the end of the season, and given the fact that they really aren't utilizing him, I wouldn't blame him for leaving.

With that in mind, I would consider moving him. I'd target Marc Gasol as the ideal player to get back. Interior defense is what they need, and Gasol's passing is top notch. Of course, I'd rather have Conley on the Cavs than Kyrie....

Surely the Grizzlies wouldn't trade Gasol for Love though?

KnicksorBust
01-29-2015, 06:49 PM

Why would Love leave? to go where?