PDA

View Full Version : Choose your All-NBA All Star Team

tredigs
01-27-2015, 12:27 PM
Don't worry about leaving out guys who missed time due to injury. I'm more curious about who you guys consider the 12 best players in the NBA from say - this date to this time next season. Similar to an All NBA team, just a little more exclusive (but in the same vein, don't worry about leaving off a KD just because of injury).

Same as the AS Game format. 12 players, including 4 guards, 6 frontcourts and 2 wild-cards:

Starters:

Guard:
Guard:
Frontcourt:
Frontcourt:
Frontcourt:

Reserves:

Guard:
Guard:
Frontcourt:
Frontcourt:
Frontcourt:
WildCard:
WildCard:

Bonus if you back up your choices for who you considered on the bubble.

North Yorker
01-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Starters:

Guard: Curry
Guard: Harden
Frontcourt: Durant
Frontcourt: LeBron
Frontcourt: Marc Gasol

Reserves:

Guard: Westbrook
Guard: Lillard
Frontcourt: Anthony Davis
Frontcourt: Cousins
Frontcourt: Griffin
WildCard: Thompson
WildCard: Pau Gasol

valade16
01-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Starters:

Guard: Steph Curry
Guard: James Harden
Frontcourt: LeBron James
Frontcourt: Kevin Durant

Reserves:

Guard: Chris Paul
Guard: Russell Westbrook
Frontcourt: DeMarcus Cousins
Frontcourt: Tim Duncan
WildCard: Damian Lillard
WildCard: Klay Thompson

Bubble:

PGs: Kyle Lowry, John Wall, Mike Conley. Very tough leaving them off the list but there are a ridiculous number of good PGs in the league. Klay and Lillard beat them out because they are younger and more likely to improve over Lowry and Conley and have better advanced numbers by far than Wall.

Big men: LMA, Blake Griffin. LMA and Griffin are having great years at PF but Duncan is still doing well and dominating on defense.

Talented but not quite. Melo and Wade. Melo and Wade have the talent but aren't producing quite as well as the guys on the All-Star list.

FlashBolt
01-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Starters:

Reserves:

Frontcourt: LaMarcus Aldridge
WildCard: Blake Griffin

Chronz
01-27-2015, 01:41 PM
Starters

Frontcourt: AD

Reserves:

Guard: CP3
Frontcourt: Blake
Frontcourt: M. Gasol
Frontcourt: LMA
WildCard: Lillard
WildCard: Klay

tredigs
01-27-2015, 01:44 PM
G: Curry
G: Harden
FC: KD
FC: Lebron
FC: Anthony Davis

G: Chris Paul
G: Westbrook
FC: Marc Gasol
FC: Demarcus Cousins
FC: Blake Griffin
WildCard: Kawhi Leonard

Really, really tough to leave off Klay, Wall and LMA specifically. All have a case to be up there. I thought about this for a bit and one name that I jumped back to was Kawhi. I think he's the engine of the Spurs at this point, and while it's not as impressive as PPG to look at in the box score, his defense is nothing short of amazing. When he's out, they are just not near the same squad, and his impact increases as the games get tougher.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=tredigs;29565064]Don't worry about leaving out guys who missed time due to injury. I'm more curious about who you guys consider the 12 best players in the NBA from say - this date to this time next season. Similar to an All NBA team, just a little more exclusive (but in the same vein, don't worry about leaving off a KD just because of injury).

Same as the AS Game format. 12 players, including 4 guards, 6 frontcourts and 2 wild-cards:

Starters:

Guard: James harden
Frontcourt: Lebron
Frontcourt: KD
Frontcourt: AD

Reserves:

Guard: Klay
Frontcourt: Blake
Frontcourt: Gasol
WildCard:Lillard
WildCard:CP3/Kyrie

Bonus if you back up your choices for who you considered on the bubble.

SPURSFAN1
01-27-2015, 02:49 PM
G: Curry
G: Harden
FC: KD
FC: Lebron
FC: Anthony Davis

G: Chris Paul
G: Westbrook
FC: Marc Gasol
FC: Demarcus Cousins
FC: Blake Griffin
WildCard: Kawhi Leonard

Really, really tough to leave off Klay, Wall and LMA specifically. All have a case to be up there. I thought about this for a bit and one name that I jumped back to was Kawhi. I think he's the engine of the Spurs at this point, and while it's not as impressive as PPG to look at in the box score, his defense is nothing short of amazing. When he's out, they are just not near the same squad, and his impact increases as the games get tougher.

:clap:

lol, please
01-27-2015, 04:08 PM
Starters:

Frontcourt: Davis

Reserves:

Frontcourt: DLee
Frontcourt: Green
WildCard: Melo

/thread

sixers247
01-27-2015, 04:10 PM
Starters:

Frontcourt: Davis

Reserves:

Frontcourt: DLee
Frontcourt: Green
WildCard: Melo

/thread

LOL is right with this kind of nonsense

lol, please
01-27-2015, 04:14 PM
LOL is right with this kind of nonsense

You're entitled to disagree, but nonsense? That's over the top.

sixers247
01-27-2015, 04:22 PM
You're entitled to disagree, but nonsense? That's over the top.

Nope complete nonsense. Lee, Green, Melo but no Lebron or Aldridge or Griffin. LOL doesn't do justice.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 04:27 PM
Nope complete nonsense. Lee, Green, Melo but no Lebron or Aldridge or Griffin. LOL doesn't do justice.

Agreed, not one GM, coach, or player would agree with that. #FACT

tredigs
01-27-2015, 04:38 PM
'Lol', c'mon - go troll somewhere else today.

I brought this up in another thread, but I started looking at these and noticed it's just all Western Conference players + Lebron.

lol, please
01-27-2015, 06:18 PM
I didn't mention lebron or Aldridge and it's trolling? How laughable. Sure, I have a token homer pick in lee, but the rest aren't far off. Don't be ridiculous.

Sanjay
01-27-2015, 06:26 PM
Starters:

Reserves:

Frontcourt: LaMarcus Aldridge
WildCard: Blake Griffin

This. Except I had Lillard over Thompson. On the bubble for the guards would be obviously Thompson, also Wall and Parker (who I think is significantly underrated given his ability to get into the paint and score). In the frontcourt, Duncan, Jordan (who has taken a big step up this season) and Kawhi.

Most people seem to have similar teams and LeBron is almost always the only player from the Eastern Conference. This actually made me realise how weaker the East is individual ability wise. The East has a couple of solid teams in the Bulls and the Hawks, two up and coming franchises in the Raptors and Wizards and of course LeBron who makes the Cavs contenders. Players like Butler and Teague are having tremendous seasons, but I wouldn't put them in a All-NBA team.

tredigs
01-27-2015, 06:29 PM
I didn't mention lebron or Aldridge and it's trolling? How laughable. Sure, I have a token homer pick in lee, but the rest aren't far off. Don't be ridiculous.

It's funny because I just want to start this sentence with "Lol, please". Touche'

You know damn well Harden and LBJ are top 12 players from now until next season, you're just being an *** as usual (I think it's funny most of the time). Or if you don't, let's hear why?

lol, please
01-27-2015, 06:43 PM
It's funny because I just want to start this sentence with "Lol, please". Touche'

You know damn well Harden and LBJ are top 12 players from now until next season, you're just being an *** as usual (I think it's funny most of the time). Or if you don't, let's hear why?
Harden I did miss that's my bad. I did leave out lebron on purpose though for personal reasons, sure, call it a boycott, call it hating, in my defense (not to change the subject) people do it to the greatest of all time Barry Lamar bonds for essentially the same thing, personal factors regardless of overwhelming statistical evidence.

Touche, by the way. ;)

Jeffy25
01-27-2015, 06:52 PM

Though, Thompson could arguably be on this roster

I don't have the time to look into the reserves, and don't feel knee jerk educated enough on it to post them without looking into it.

Miltstar
01-27-2015, 06:57 PM

I think it's more the fact you put /thread after your terrible picks than anything

lol, please
01-27-2015, 06:58 PM
I think it's more the fact you put /thread after your terrible picks than anything
Fair enough. :) that was a jab, to the lebron fans, guilty as charged.

FlashBolt
01-27-2015, 09:03 PM

It's far off because no one in their right mind would take David Lee, Melo, and Pau Gasol over LeBron.. Those guys would personally tell you that your list sucks. Nevermind that you also put Draymond Green there.. Ugh, please.

lol, please
01-27-2015, 10:59 PM
It's far off because no one in their right mind would take David Lee, Melo, and Pau Gasol over LeBron.. Those guys would personally tell you that your list sucks. Nevermind that you also put Draymond Green there.. Ugh, please.
I know, I know, I left him out because ugh, lebron.... I have no good reason to do it, already said that.