PDA

View Full Version : NBA All Star 3 Point Participants

ClutchTime
01-27-2015, 10:40 AM
According to Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski, the event, which will take place on Saturday, Feb. 14, is going to feature Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Kyle Korver, Wes Matthews and J.J. Redick.

Who do you all have winning?

goingfor28
01-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Go JJ!

I hope Belinelli is the 6th since he won last year.

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 10:46 AM
Awesome that Curry and Thompson are both in. These things are always a crapshoot, but I see it being either Curry or Korver.

tredigs
01-27-2015, 10:51 AM
I like JJ and he could win, but I wish it was Lillard instead of him. Splash Bro's V Rain Bro's V Korver would be legendary. As is, still an awesome lineup.

ClutchTime
01-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Curry and Korver are both going to be the final 2.

kdspurman
01-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Will Belinelli get a chance to defend his crown? Lol

Goose17
01-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Curry won't make it past the first round. He's competed in these before and he always blows it. He's a rhythm shooter. This stand still and shoot thing is more Korvers area.

I predict a Korver - Klay final

kdspurman
01-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Go JJ!

I hope Belinelli is the 6th since he won last year.

He said earlier in the year he planned to participate again

tredigs
01-27-2015, 11:06 AM
Curry's more of the master of the high difficulty, in-game dribble pull-up three. Korver and Klay don't have that in their arsenal, but in the 3pt format I'd almost favor both Klay and Korver over him. It's closer to the catch and shoot that they're so accustomed to and brilliant at. Tough to choose against the guy shooting 53% from three, too. Any miss is a 'huh?'.

ManningToTyree
01-27-2015, 11:07 AM
That's an excellent group. I could see Korver having a perfect round this was made for him

goingfor28
01-27-2015, 11:11 AM
He said earlier in the year he planned to participate again

Good, I always like when the defending champion comes back. Assuming he does, this is a great group who all deserve to be there and should make for a great competition.

Htownballa1622
01-27-2015, 11:48 AM
For this competition I like Wesley Matthews because he doesn't need to jump and is more of a set shooter.

Klay is effortless too so he could be it.

I agree that Curry is almost better off of dribble or catching off of pass but reaching for the ball is wasted motion that may mess with him.

Korver jumps too much for my liking in this competition.

I'll go Matthews (though I don't think he's even top 3 shooter - this competition fits his style imo.)

Miltstar
01-27-2015, 11:52 AM
I'm picking Reddick, in reality they are all such good shooters it's just gonna come down to who has the hot hand

CluTcH_c1tY
01-27-2015, 12:00 PM
This is the best group of shooters assembled for this contest that I've seen in a long time. Can't wait!

FlashBolt
01-27-2015, 01:02 PM
Curry won't make it past the first round. He's competed in these before and he always blows it. He's a rhythm shooter. This stand still and shoot thing is more Korvers area.

Yeah, I think the same. Curry isn't built to stand there and shoot threes. He'll go out, pull up for a three, boom. He's not stationery at all and I think he will be a bust again. Korver/Reddick are my final two. I wanna say Klay but Korver/Reddick are better stationery shooters. But man.. this is one stacked three point shooting contest. If other events were half as good, I wouldn't mind actually watching them.

kdspurman
01-27-2015, 01:23 PM
Good, I always like when the defending champion comes back. Assuming he does, this is a great group who all deserve to be there and should make for a great competition.

Yea definitely. Kinda wished Danny Green got a shot, this seems like his kind of thing too. Maybe in the next year or 2 he'll get his shot.

Korver should win this one though

KnicksorBust
01-27-2015, 01:39 PM
Steph Curry.

Clippersfan86
01-27-2015, 03:29 PM
Korver vs Redick in final. As already said... other guys are more off dribble, creator type shooters and less catch and shoot.

tredigs
01-27-2015, 04:32 PM
Korver vs Redick in final. As already said... other guys are more off dribble, creator type shooters and less catch and shoot.

Nah Klay and Wes are both definitely in the catch and shoot mold also. As a point, Steph definitely less so.

ClutchTime
01-27-2015, 05:24 PM
That's an excellent group. I could see Korver having a perfect round this was made for him

Agreed. Wes Matthews is everyone's underdog in this event.

nastynice
01-27-2015, 05:44 PM

x2

NJrockPD
01-27-2015, 05:54 PM
As a Bulls fan I wish McBuckets and/or Mirotic were in it.

CityofChaos
01-27-2015, 06:16 PM
Im a Warriors fan but I have Korver winning it and I'd be happy if he did.

Goose17
01-27-2015, 06:38 PM
This is going to be the best thing about the entire weekend.

blahblahyoutoo
01-27-2015, 09:16 PM

ffs, this is 2015. when will the racism end?
#blacklivesmatter #handsupdontshoot

goingfor28
01-27-2015, 11:41 PM
ffs, this is 2015. when will the racism end?
#blacklivesmatter #handsupdontshoot
Lmao

PurpleLynch
01-28-2015, 08:47 AM
Pretty stacked event. I like it.

Htownballa1622
02-05-2015, 05:39 PM
:cheer:James Harden will participate!

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2015/02/james-harden-to-participate-in-3-point-contest-at-all-star-game/

Goose17
02-05-2015, 05:46 PM
:cheer:James Harden will participate!

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2015/02/james-harden-to-participate-in-3-point-contest-at-all-star-game/

Jesus christ. This three point contest is going to be insane. All Star weekend might be worth watching this year.

Howcome they can get the two leading MVP candidates to participate in the three point contest but they can't get Westbrook, Lebron etc to participate in the dunk contest?

Htownballa1622
02-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Jesus christ. This three point contest is going to be insane. All Star weekend might be worth watching this year.

Howcome they can get the two leading MVP candidates to participate in the three point contest but they can't get Westbrook, Lebron etc to participate in the dunk contest?

I feel ya. Maybe they want to save face whereas losing a 3 point contest isn't a big deal.

I know it's stacked but I'm just glad harden is in it.

He's a streaky shooter so idk how he'll fare but I hope everyone catches fire and we see multiple 20+ performances :)

valade16
02-05-2015, 05:54 PM
Nah Klay and Wes are both definitely in the catch and shoot mold also. As a point, Steph definitely less so.

There was an article about Lillard's development and it showed an interesting stat.

The most assists from one player to another for a 3-pointer is Steph to Klay. #2 is Lillard to Wes. So both Klay and Wes are getting a lot of catch and shoots from Curry/Lillard.

Goose17
02-05-2015, 05:57 PM
I feel ya. Maybe they want to save face whereas losing a 3 point contest isn't a big deal.

True. Curry's choked three times and is still considered a better shooter than any of the dudes that beat him. It isn't really his game though, if he could step back or pull up off the dribble maybe he would win haha.

I know it's stacked but I'm just glad harden is in it.

He's a streaky shooter so idk how he'll fare but I hope everyone catches fire and we see multiple 20+ performances :)

I'm just glad there's so much talent involved, I think we might see a record or two being broken.

Goose17
02-05-2015, 05:58 PM
There was an article about Lillard's development and it showed an interesting stat.

The most assists from one player to another for a 3-pointer is Steph to Klay. #2 is Lillard to Wes. So both Klay and Wes are getting a lot of catch and shoots from Curry/Lillard.

The RainBros and the SplashBrothers aren't dissimilar.

Especially Klay and Wes.

valade16
02-05-2015, 06:23 PM

Lillard and Wes are worse versions of Steph and Klay but very similar. Luckily the Blazers have LMA to help make up the difference.

KnicksorBust
02-15-2015, 12:02 AM
Steph Curry.

People doubted this...lol

ThuglifeJ
02-15-2015, 12:05 PM
So glad I didn't read about the 3 pt contest. Just watched it, had no idea the shooters had to listen to the commentary the whole time or that Harden flopped like that. It was just the 3 pt contest, but how funny was it that while they're shooting they had to listen to Reggie and Kenny in their ear just criticizing the crap out of them for little to no reason.

Anyone else notice that once Reggie's dumbass started going on about how Lebron is the reason Cavs are good now, Kyrie missed 5 in a row. No way they don't get distracted by that, who's idea was that??

If that was one of my guys in the contest though I'd be pretty annoyed by it not gonna lie. But I was dying when they were just repeating ''ooo he cant get in rhythm, he's out of rhythm, HE CANT MISS ANOTHER OR HES ELIMINATED"

so dumb.

Besides Bellinelli that was such a great lineup..I was actually excited for that. Might overtake the Dunk Contest in today's league.

tredigs
02-15-2015, 12:18 PM
So glad I didn't read about the 3 pt contest. Just watched it, had no idea the shooters had to listen to the commentary the whole time or that Harden flopped like that. It was just the 3 pt contest, but how funny was it that while they're shooting they had to listen to Reggie and Kenny in their ear just criticizing the crap out of them for little to no reason.

Anyone else notice that once Reggie's dumbass started going on about how Lebron is the reason Cavs are good now, Kyrie missed 5 in a row. No way they don't get distracted by that, who's idea was that??

If that was one of my guys in the contest though I'd be pretty annoyed by it not gonna lie. But I was dying when they were just repeating ''ooo he cant get in rhythm, he's out of rhythm, HE CANT MISS ANOTHER OR HES ELIMINATED"

so dumb.

Besides Bellinelli that was such a great lineup..I was actually excited for that. Might overtake the Dunk Contest in today's league.

Are you sure they heard the commentary? I was told they couldn't.

Shady66
02-15-2015, 12:21 PM

so dumb.

Lol I was hoping kyrie would turn to them once he finished and was "YO I CAN HEAR YOU dicks"

ThuglifeJ
02-15-2015, 12:25 PM

I read that they could. Haven't heard anyone say they couldn't.

Not fully sure though.

Goose17
02-15-2015, 03:46 PM
People doubted this...lol

Glad to be proven wrong.

akagiredsuns
02-15-2015, 04:33 PM

Nice prediction Curry made 13 straight won easily. :facepalm:

Goose17
02-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Nice prediction Curry made 13 straight won easily. :facepalm:

Like I say. Never been happier to be wrong.

Don't forget all the 3 point contests he entered and choked though. Curry is definitely better as a rhythm shooter. But hey, when he's on, he's on. Absolute fire.

c.c.
02-15-2015, 04:59 PM

When go to games, I can't hear the commentary

Goose17
02-15-2015, 05:27 PM
The commentary was being played throughout the arena. You could hear the echo on the TV.

lol, please
02-15-2015, 05:35 PM
The bar I was in got louder when Harden was bricking shots than when Curry and Klay were going off. :laugh2: It was glorious.

ThuglifeJ
02-15-2015, 06:27 PM

I read that they could. Haven't heard anyone say they couldn't.

Not fully sure though.

Yup Lavine just confirmed it, that they could hear the whole TNT cast throughout the arena.

That's new

ThuglifeJ
02-15-2015, 06:28 PM
The bar I was in got louder when Harden was bricking shots than when Curry and Klay were going off. :laugh2: It was glorious.

He was so off on a couple racks.

lol, please
02-15-2015, 08:17 PM
He was so off on a couple racks.
Everyone was clapping and Booing and calling him overrated. :laugh2:

archdevil84
02-15-2015, 08:40 PM

lol sweet!! :laugh: