PDA

View Full Version : Joe Johnson for Stephenson/Gerald Henderson/Marvin Williams being discussed

spreadeagle
01-26-2015, 01:17 AM
The Charlotte Hornets and Brooklyn Nets have restarted trade discussions, this time focused on guard Joe Johnson, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Hornets and Nets are discussing a larger package that would likely include guards Lance Stephenson and Gerald Henderson and forward Marvin Williams, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

According to the report Bobcats owner Michael Jordan has some interest in Johnson, who is owed $24.9 million next season, plus the rest of his $23.1 million for this season. Charlotte has won 8-of-10 and moved past the Nets to occupy the eighth and final playoff spot in the East if the postseason started today.

Johnson has seen his efficiency fall off this season as he has battled knee tendonitis. Johnson is shooting a still respectable 36.2 percent from three, but that is well off his 40 percent last season. Overall Johnson has a true shooting percentage of .516 and a PER of 14.3, both slightly below the league average.

That said, hes likely a better fit off the ball for Charlotte than Lance Stephenson, who has not been able to coexist with Kemba Walker. Also, Johnson would likely be a chemistry upgrade in the locker room for Charlotte, a team that has looked to move Stephenson, their star signing of the summer.

For Brooklyn, they give Stephenson a fresh chance and he makes just $9 million next season, a reasonable gamble for the potential.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/25/report-hornets-nets-talking-possible-lance-stephenson-for-joe-johnson-swap/

Cal827
01-26-2015, 01:34 AM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/25/report-hornets-nets-talking-possible-lance-stephenson-for-joe-johnson-swap/

:laugh: Okay

cmellofan15
01-26-2015, 01:40 AM
Good ol Bobcats

InRoseWeTrust
01-26-2015, 01:40 AM
:laugh: Okay

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--hornets--nets-resume-trade-talks-involving-joe-johnson--lance-stephenson-011452817.html

bleedprple&gold
01-26-2015, 01:44 AM
If the Nets can get Stephenson, Henderson and Williams for JJ that would be quite a haul.

GodsSon
01-26-2015, 01:44 AM
Wtf is Charlotte thinking?

TrueFan420
01-26-2015, 01:54 AM
Wtf is Charlotte thinking?

Jordan strikes again... GOAT player... Yes... Half way decent owner... Not even close

cmellofan15
01-26-2015, 01:56 AM
Joe Johnson is team Jordan, that's why the 'Cats want him of course.

Cal827
01-26-2015, 01:58 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--hornets--nets-resume-trade-talks-involving-joe-johnson--lance-stephenson-011452817.html

Oh I believed the first article, but I was just thinking "Michael Jordan strikes again!"

Although I see that pretty much all of their contracts expire after next year, so it wouldn't be that bad.

I would guess that Williams and Henderson would be shopped further for expirings, to get the Nets lower under the Cap.... Wouldn't be shocked if a semi-contender gets in on this deal to try and grab Henderson or Williams. Maybe OKC offers Perkins and cap filler for both? It would give them a bench, and all of their deals would also expire with Durant's, allowing them to try and revamp quickly whether or not he resigns.

Westbrook-Jackson
Lamb-Waiters-Roberson
Durant-Henderson-Williams
Ibaka-Williams
Adams-Collison

Well, as long as they avoid a team with a strong C, they could cause problems lol

Cal827
01-26-2015, 02:03 AM
A deal like this one (picks would also likely be shipped around):

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nyd63z6

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-26-2015, 10:17 AM
Don't forget Denver wants Lopez. So some of the Hornets guys could be reflipped with Lopez headed to Denver. Not sure what Denver is offering though? Afflalo? Knuckle head McGee? Injured Gallinari? Chandler? Hickson? Remember Lopez is making $15.7M Then if one of them Hornets tossed into the deal.

YAALREADYKNO
01-26-2015, 12:14 PM
what kinda deal is that? Giving up 3 key pieces to your team for Joe Johnson who probably has the worst contract in the NBA right now smh And Jordan wonders why he gets so much criticism as an owner

Vinylman
01-26-2015, 01:18 PM
what kinda deal is that? Giving up 3 key pieces to your team for Joe Johnson who probably has the worst contract in the NBA right now smh And Jordan wonders why he gets so much criticism as an owner

is the bolded a joke?

Williams is a bust
Henderson is what he is... an overpriced rotational player who has peaked
Stephenson they just want to get rid of...

it is pretty much a vanilla deal that fixes problems for both teams (Charlotte Locker Room / Nets need to dump salaries). The Net salary dumping will come in the form of shipping those 3 again or a portion thereof...

I would expect that Charlotte would get some second rounders in the deal also

YAALREADYKNO
01-26-2015, 02:02 PM
is the bolded a joke?

Williams is a bust

it is pretty much a vanilla deal that fixes problems for both teams (Charlotte Locker Room / Nets need to dump salaries). The Net salary dumping will come in the form of shipping those 3 again or a portion thereof...

Williams is a bust but hes a solid role player same with Henderson and Stephenson helps with play making and rebounding for the hornets. Would you give that up for a guy whos making about 20 millions and is 33?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-26-2015, 03:35 PM
It's a deal that helps both teams. Gets a win now piece on the Hornets. Nets unload a big contract for multiple pieces. Which could in turn be re-flipped with Lopez to another team. Possibly Denver? Thunder? Heat?

ohreally
01-26-2015, 03:57 PM
Unless this helps another deal, I don't see this happening. The Nets would be getting nothing except Charlotte's unwanted garbage and wouldn't even be saving any money. JJ can still be a productive player, and he's a smart and versatile offensive player who knows the game. Folks are out of your minds if you think the Hornets get the short end of thiss deal. No one wants Stephenson, and there's a reason for that.

Vinylman
01-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Williams is a bust but hes a solid role player same with Henderson and Stephenson helps with play making and rebounding for the hornets. Would you give that up for a guy whos making about 20 millions and is 33?

I am a huge supporter of Stephenson but his play isn't the issue... his negative impact in the locker room is the issue

As for the trade... I said it was pretty much a vanilla deal with both teams sacrificing some... at the end of the day we don't really know what is in the proposed deal and I am sure charlotte will ask for more. However, the deal as it is probably gives Charlotte a better chance to compete this year. chemistry is a big issue in Charlotte and this deal fixes that.

andy2518
01-26-2015, 07:59 PM
is the bolded a joke?

Williams is a bust

This.