PDA

View Full Version : The best player in the world

More-Than-Most
01-25-2015, 06:54 PM
Has arrived this season and Finally looks healthy... James is entering beast mode on this winning streak and he is making all contenders shake in their basketball shoes.. He takes over a team like nobody else and shows people that as long as he is here this team is a threat.

FlashBolt
01-25-2015, 07:04 PM
Remember when people said he was done? Lol.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 07:23 PM
There are a lot of people that wish he was done. And they wish so hard that they start talking about how guys like Curry, CP3 and Lillard are more impactful players than Bron. Hate is blinding, and there are a lot of blind, hating people in this forum. Thinking that Lebron won't make it out of the first round is beyond silly.

jerellh528
01-25-2015, 07:24 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about okc's management wasting kd's prime until I looked at who th OP was.

More-Than-Most
01-25-2015, 07:35 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about okc's management wasting kd's prime until I looked at who th OP was.

Lol if you think Durant is even close to the player James is you should just quit watching basketball. No offense... Durant has been gifted talent around him like a Kobe his entire career. James at Durants stage had to carry everything by himself.

tredigs
01-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Best player in the world is a debatable title for him at this point. Last years MVP looked like the better player on the court. He's back to his explosive old self though, that's for sure.

Who said Lebron was "done", other than maybe a few trolls? It certainly was not a commonly held opinion.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 07:38 PM
There are a lot of people that wish he was done. And they wish so hard that they start talking about how guys like Curry, CP3 and Lillard are more impactful players than Bron. Hate is blinding, and there are a lot of blind, hating people in this forum. Thinking that Lebron won't make it out of the first round is beyond silly.

LOL. Speak of the devil.

Vee-Rex
01-25-2015, 07:44 PM
Best player in the world is a debatable title for him at this point. Last years MVP looked like the better player on the court. He's back to his explosive old self though, that's for sure.

Who said Lebron was "done", other than maybe a few trolls? It certainly was not a commonly held opinion.

There were multiple threads talking about how Lebron was finished, how he is RAPIDLY declining because he just turned 30, how his ego is getting in the way of winning, etc...

And multiple posters in those threads agreeing with it. It was common enough that it sparked a pretty big debate.

LBJ probably won't ever have a season like last year's in terms of efficiency but who will? It doesn't mean he sucks.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 07:44 PM

Barkley and Malone won MVP's over Jordan too. Its really not debatable. Durant has always ha a great team to play with and hasn't done anything with it. Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Just because you don't try as hard as other people during the regular season doesn't mean your not better. During last years playoffs Bron was by far the best player from all the measure you hold dear. Let it go.

lamzoka
01-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Lebron James is the best player in the world. That's not debatable. The only team that could stop him from heading back to finals is the Hawks. I'm not saying it because of this winning streak. Bulls, Raps and Wiz are all pretenders.

Bring The Heat
01-25-2015, 07:49 PM
He's a beast and playing great right now.. miss having him on our team.... I can only imagine how good we be right now with the way Whiteside is playing... what we lacked for so many years

mngopher35
01-25-2015, 07:53 PM
I think lebron might still be the best player in the league, but we won't know until the season plays out and it is definitely debatable guys.

It is nice to see him playing like his old self though, that's for sure. I wonder if he will/should take a week off later in the year to rest up for a playoff run?

KnicksorBust
01-25-2015, 07:54 PM

There were multiple threads talking about how Lebron was finished, how he is RAPIDLY declining because he just turned 30, how his ego is getting in the way of winning, etc...

And multiple posters in those threads agreeing with it. It was common enough that it sparked a pretty big debate.

LBJ probably won't ever have a season like last year's in terms of efficiency but who will? It doesn't mean he sucks.

I agree. Everytime a Lebron or Cavs or Love thread popped up I couldnt help but laugh. How easily people forget. This team is loaded and Lebron is still the MVP. Watch out for the Cavs in the playoffs

tredigs
01-25-2015, 08:06 PM

And every rational fan laughed at those loud minority of posters. Saying he's athletically declining and doesn't have the effort day in/out like he used to is one thing. And those are both true. But that's entirely different from "done". He's still arguably the best. But it's not an open/shut case.

Barkley and Malone won MVP's over Jordan too. Its really not debatable. Durant has always ha a great team to play with and hasn't done anything with it. Lebron is the best player in the NBA. Just because you don't try as hard as other people during the regular season doesn't mean your not better. During last years playoffs Bron was by far the best player from all the measure you hold dear. Let it go.

Lmao - KD put up 32/7/6 on a 64% TS while leading he league in PPG/PER/WinShares/VORP, ec. He was the best player in the world. He wasn't gifted the trophy. And give me a break with the "what has he done with it?" bs. #1 - he chose to stay in the West and battle the best teams for a road to the Finals. #2 - they have had significant injuries in the playoffs the last 2 seasons. Their coaching is far too weak to handle losing one of those 3 and make it out of the West. Put Lebron in KD's spot and there's still a 0% chance they're reaching the Finals. Take off the homer shades every once in a while if you want people to take you seriously.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 08:12 PM
And every rational fan laughed at those loud minority of posters. Saying he's athletically declining and doesn't have the effort day in/out like he used to is one thing. And those are both true. But that's entirely different from "done". He's still arguably the best. But it's not an open/shut case.

Lmao - KD put up 32/7/6 on a 64% TS while leading he league in PPG/PER/WinShares/VORP, ec. He was the best player in the world. He wasn't gifted the trophy. And give me a break with the "what has he done with it?" bs. #1 - he chose to stay in the West and battle the best teams for a road to the Finals. #2 - they have had significant injuries in the playoffs the last 2 seasons. Their coaching is far too weak to handle losing one of those 3 and make it out of the West. Put Lebron in KD's spot and there's still a 0% chance they're reaching the Finals. Take off the homer shades every once in a while if you want people to take you seriously.

I repeat, just because he doesn't go as hard in the regular season as others, doesn't mean he's not better than them. I repeat Barkley and Malone won MVP over Jordan too. I repeat, in the playoffs (when it matters and everyone is going hard) Lebron dominated in all the stats you hold dear. Stop the hating if you want people to take you seriously.

jerellh528
01-25-2015, 08:15 PM
I don't remember 1 person saying lbj was "done" who said that? Unless you guys are over exaggerating people saying he is declining, which is true. Especially athletically and on defense.

More-Than-Most
01-25-2015, 08:20 PM

Lol you dont think James could win if he wasnt in durants spot? Durant has more talent around him then James ever had before going to the heat and tech he has more all around talent then james ever had really. James did more with far less... Durant has been gifted so much talent and done nothing that its insane.

More-Than-Most
01-25-2015, 08:21 PM
I don't remember 1 person saying lbj was "done" who said that? Unless you guys are over exaggerating people saying he is declining, which is true. Especially athletically and on defense.

He was injured and is experienced... He knows he needs to be great for the playoffs Only... The Injured part seems to be true over the past 2 weeks.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 08:30 PM
This guy was definitely dropping knowledge.

Before the 14-15 season a lot of fans expected Lebron James to immediately return to his past MVP form and lead the Cavs to a Finals appearance.

Now nearly half way through the season CLE is barely over .500 and LBJ looks to be a shell of his former self. Not only has his play decreased but he has shown disloyalty to his new team and coach and is currently nursing an "injury" in Miami.

His team has already gone into panic mode and have begun to make desperation trades in order to keep their newly re-acquired star player.

I personally expected Lebron to decline somewhat... But this is just pathetic.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 08:33 PM
Seems like a pretty quick decline physically. I'll reserve judgement to see how he responds after some time off but it is weird to not see him barging his way to the hole and going through people.

He can put up numbers in his sleep but if this is indeed the start of a physical decline he's going to need to really step his fundamental game up like the great players do as they age....

Confusion with decline and effort level.

tredigs
01-25-2015, 08:36 PM
I repeat, just because he doesn't go as hard in the regular season as others, doesn't mean he's not better than them. I repeat Barkley and Malone won MVP over Jordan too. I repeat, in the playoffs (when it matters and everyone is going hard) Lebron dominated in all the stats you hold dear. Stop the hating if you want people to take you seriously.

Lol you dont think James could win if he wasnt in durants spot? Durant has more talent around him then James ever had before going to the heat and tech he has more all around talent then james ever had really. James did more with far less... Durant has been gifted so much talent and done nothing that its insane.

Lol well... you can't just have the talent in the regular season, those guys are crucial in the playoffs as well. Yes, Lebron on the Thunder would have been smashed by Memphis in the playoffs 2 years ago without Westbrook. KD put up 28/10/7 with elite D. It didn't matter. And we don't even have to draw a hypothetical on whether or not he'd have lost to last years Spurs without Ibaka. We saw that beat down a bit later. And Durant played better against them then Lebron did.

Durant is the better regular season player because he has to be. The conference is stacked, you can't take weeks off to "rest your spirit", or decide not to play D all year. What Durant does is more impressive on the day to day. His regular seasons are far, far more difficult than anything Lebron has had to face.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 08:39 PM
I kinda like this one.

How about 0 maybe? Bron hasn't played in weeks and the fact that you would insinuate he's still possible top 5 for MVP is downright laughable. I can tell you hands down right now Stephen Curry, Marc Gasol, Anthony Davis, James Harden and even Jimmy Butler of the Bulls are a notable top five in the MVP right now since they are actually playing and not "nursing" an injury. LeBron. Lol :facepalm:

JordansBulls
01-25-2015, 08:41 PM
The difference is the Cavs have added even more talent than they originally had. I mean JR Smith is basically a 4th option on this team when on the Knicks he was the #2 guy even when the Knicks were the #2 seed in the Conference.

Vee-Rex
01-25-2015, 08:43 PM

Your first sentence is contradictory. PSD is full of irrational, bandwagon, overreacting posters... the rational are actually quite few (I don't even consider myself one of these, heh... easy to get trolled here).

I'm not gonna go back and copy/paste posts of a lot of posters who were supporting the notion that LBJ is rapidly declining, or even going so far as to say he sucks. But there were a lot across many different threads.

I'd say LBJ is still the best in the world because of his passing, his toughness while finishing at the rim, and his alpha/myteamandimnotgonnaletanotherguyonmyteamshootusout thegame mentality. Believe it or not, that selfish mentality can be important in the playoffs. But I can see someone arguing that Durant is the best in the world, and I can give a list of things he does better than LBJ.

Just two great players, and if Durantula isn't the best now then he will be soon.

flea
01-25-2015, 08:43 PM
He was pretty terrible defensively today. For most of the game Blatt tried to hide him on Roberson, forcing a poor defender in JR Smith to defend out of position on Durant. Even when Lebron would get switched onto an assignment he looked slow laterally and mostly uninterested in contesting anything. Just lazy gambles on steals.

The game was pretty poorly played and coached on both ends though. Westbrook shot his team out of it, as he is want to do every 10 games or so, and actually had more shot attempts than the best scorer in the game. Waiters is just bad, he should have had half the minutes he did.

I don't really think a decent effort by Lebron means he's back to his old ways. Let's see what happens in playoffs, but this defensive decline is nothing new. He was always a defender you looked to hide for most of the game, and it's no coincidence that he was at his best with Battier doing the heavy lifting at either forward spot, but he could be very effective at times and played well within the Heat's defensive system. Leonard completely torched him in the Finals and, as Pop said, there weren't any plays even called for him. He was just beating him down the floor, beating him to spots, and taking advantage of lazy closeouts. We'll see if all this coasting helps him in the playoffs, but I believe defense is as much about chemistry as offense is. It's not really about just "trying harder."

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 08:44 PM
Wall, Lillard and Lowry are on the backside of that MVP discussion after the big guns too. It wouldn't be hard to argue they're ahead of Lebron right now.

In not so many words, more of the same.

jmartin80
01-25-2015, 08:49 PM
I never saw anyone say that James was done, but he is lazy. He has the ability to play at an elite level but decides when to do it and when not too. That is why he continues to rely on superstar teams. He can take some lazy games then turn it on in the playoffs.

He is the best in basketball, hands down. But still think that he hurts the league way more then he helps it. Which is unfortunate.

mngopher35
01-25-2015, 08:52 PM
Durant had a great (the best) regular season last year but was outplayed (somewhat arguable but imo he was) by westy in the playoffs. I have a hard time calling him the best overall player in the league last year with his overall playoff performance.

He played part of the regular season with no westy forcing him to do more while lebron was conserving energy for the playoffs (as he physically declines, can't go all out anymore until playoffs).

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 08:55 PM
Lol well... you can't just have the talent in the regular season, those guys are crucial in the playoffs as well. Yes, Lebron on the Thunder would have been smashed by Memphis in the playoffs 2 years ago without Westbrook. KD put up 28/10/7 with elite D. It didn't matter. And we don't even have to draw a hypothetical on whether or not he'd have lost to last years Spurs without Ibaka. We saw that beat down a bit later. And Durant played better against them then Lebron did.

Durant is the better regular season player because he has to be. The conference is stacked, you can't take weeks off to "rest your spirit", or decide not to play D all year. What Durant does is more impressive on the day to day. His regular seasons are far, far more difficult than anything Lebron has had to face.

And Lebron is the better playoff player because he is the better player.

PurpleLynch
01-25-2015, 08:56 PM
Ahah Lebron is just declining,it's natural.That doesn't mean he's not a beast(or done lol).
He's not,athletically speaking, his old self...but he compensates with a better shot,a better bball IQ and a better passing game. Plus Blatt is not Mike Brown,he's just adjusting to the Nba.
Cavs offense is not strong or fun just because of its players,but because the coach is drawing awesome and fluid plays.
For example,Blatt as coach of Okc would unleash its full potential imo.

justinnum1
01-25-2015, 08:59 PM
curry passed him this season.

Vee-Rex
01-25-2015, 09:01 PM
Blatt has definitely been misjudged. He runs some great plays and is learning too. It seems Lebron is slowly but surely coming around to him.

I'm just waiting to see 10+ threads pop up about trading Lebron/Love/Irving or about how the Cavs suck when they lose 2 games in a row.

mRc08
01-25-2015, 09:11 PM
LeBron is still the best player in the world, but this is a dumb thread. Almost everyone agrees, so to make a thread about it only promotes baiting.... Especially when anyone claiming otherwise gets bombarded with homerism. This is just stupid, he's the best but.... He lost in the finals last year so who really cares. Debating the best team in the NBA is far more relevant, and it's not the cavs. Gotta be golden state or Atlanta right now imo

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 09:15 PM
He's obviously not as fast, or doesn't jump as high as he did in his first stint in Cleveland. But his overall game, his shot has all improved. That why you can't just say he's declining because he has gotten better in many areas as well. Taking his size, speed and hops that he still possesses, he still probably the best athlete in the NBA at 30. He's not as fast as Westbrook now, but being as big as he is, he's still more of a freak moving like he does.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 09:18 PM
LeBron is still the best player in the world, but this is a dumb thread. Almost everyone agrees, so to make a thread about it only promotes baiting.... Especially when anyone claiming otherwise gets bombarded with homerism. This is just stupid, he's the best but.... He lost in the finals last year so who really cares. Debating the best team in the NBA is far more relevant, and it's not the cavs. Gotta be golden state or Atlanta right now imo

I wish this were true but its not. I already got called a homer for saying Lebron is the best. Not even close to everyone agrees with this. Have you read through this thread? Many people disagree. Just look to the top of the page where a guy says Curry has surpassed him.

Cal827
01-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Blatt has definitely been misjudged. He runs some great plays and is learning too. It seems Lebron is slowly but surely coming around to him.

I'm just waiting to see 10+ threads pop up about trading Lebron/Love/Irving or about how the Cavs suck when they lose 2 games in a row.

I would still trade Love, just because I don't think that he'll stay, unless you guys win it all. Cause if you don't, he'll probably be the scapegoat (or reason, since if you guys get eliminated, it'll probably be because of interior issues)

Vee-Rex
01-25-2015, 09:42 PM
I think if we made the finals that'd be enough to convince Love to stay (I'm sure LBJ would point to his first year with Miami as a reason to continue on). A lot is riding on this season for sure... getting knocked out in the first round of the playoffs would be nasty for our future. Hopefully we can finish in the top 3 to help ensure a first round victory.

I definitely wanna see one more move made to help with our interior. Something cheap but decent in case the MozGod get into foul trouble or we get another injury.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
01-25-2015, 10:36 PM
Durant was the best player in the league last year. Stephen Curry is the best player this year but Lebron has been the best player in the last 7 games.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
01-25-2015, 10:41 PM

lol you forgot the fact where Lebron plays in the East and Durant plays in the West.

Vee-Rex
01-25-2015, 10:44 PM
Durant was the best player in the league last year. Stephen Curry is the best player this year but Lebron has been the best player in the last 7 games.

MVP stands for Most Valuable Player. Not best player. Hats off to Curry this year but he's not the best player in the world.

tredigs
01-25-2015, 10:50 PM
^Eh he might be.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
01-25-2015, 11:10 PM
MVP stands for Most Valuable Player. Not best player. Hats off to Curry this year but he's not the best player in the world.

IDK where you got MVP from but in my post I clearly said "best player"

mRc08
01-25-2015, 11:30 PM

I wish this were true but its not. I already got called a homer for saying Lebron is the best. Not even close to everyone agrees with this. Have you read through this thread? Many people disagree. Just look to the top of the page where a guy says Curry has surpassed him.

Maybe Durant, maybe, but I would say people are lying to themselves or delusional if they say they wouldn't take LeBron in a fantasy draft where thir team could have any player in the league for one season. Curry maybe? But still, come on now. And I am a LeBron hater. But nobody can stop him offensively, he is an elite defender and Passer. What else could you really want? All around best player right now Imo, and I don't think you would find anyone with ties to the NBA that would disagree.

Declining? Sure. Athletically anyway, but I'd take this LeBron over many previous versions of himself (some Miami years insane). He's not the greatest winner, role model, or person perhaps (all can be debated), but in terms of basketball he is the best. Durant and curry only others that come to mind, and he has just accomplished so much more individually and team wise that they sent there yet.

Cal827
01-26-2015, 02:13 AM
I think if we made the finals that'd be enough to convince Love to stay (I'm sure LBJ would point to his first year with Miami as a reason to continue on). A lot is riding on this season for sure... getting knocked out in the first round of the playoffs would be nasty for our future. Hopefully we can finish in the top 3 to help ensure a first round victory.

I definitely wanna see one more move made to help with our interior. Something cheap but decent in case the MozGod get into foul trouble or we get another injury.

I think you guys can take out whoever the 4 seed would be..... Now you know why I panic when the Raptors lose a game :laugh2:

WaDe03
01-26-2015, 02:27 AM
Best player in the world had 12 in the 4th today against the Bulls and made Jimmy Butler who people think is better for some reason his *****.

JV35
01-26-2015, 02:30 AM
If he's so great, let's see if he can win the East and make the Finals.

I'll re-visit this convo at that point.

LegendDenzo
01-26-2015, 02:33 AM
Curry will most likely be MVP. Lebron is the best in the world for sure. And as a Knicks fan I always hear the bashing of Carmelo.. Melo has never rlly played with another superstar like Lebron, Kobe, Durant, CP3 etc. Safe to say Durant and CP3 should get bashed cuz with the teams they've had and not being able to win it all, that's a lil embarrassing.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 02:55 AM
I don't think that the MVP is a lock for steph. I think if Lebron wants it, he can get it. Which means he needs to go hard for the rest of the year. More of what we saw today. The one man fast break and what not. If he decides to coast and wait till the playoffs come to give his all, then he won't win. I actually have Harden as the MVP right now. Right now my list would be...
1.Harden
2.Curry
3.Lebron
4.Klay

I think guys Like Westbrook and AD deserve to above Lebron right now if there teams were in the playoffs as of today but unfortunately if you miss the playoffs you don't get that. I think Bron can win it if he tries to at this point though, I just don't know if he will put forth the energy it takes to do so.

LegendDenzo
01-26-2015, 03:18 AM
^^ Curry is mvp. avging 5pts less than Harden but Curry's fg% is better, ft% is better, avging 1 less rebound than harden, leads the league in steals, and 5th in assists in the league. Also swept the Rockets this year 4-0, really embarrassing them. Head to Head stats in those 4 games, Curry has more ppg, rbg, and apg. And in those 4 games the Warriors won by an average of 15.25ppg.. Curry is your MVP to date. And to add Warriors have 1 of the 10 best starts thru 40 games in NBA History..

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 04:19 AM
^^ Curry is mvp. avging 5pts less than Harden but Curry's fg% is better, ft% is better, avging 1 less rebound than harden, leads the league in steals, and 5th in assists in the league. Also swept the Rockets this year 4-0, really embarrassing them. Head to Head stats in those 4 games, Curry has more ppg, rbg, and apg. And in those 4 games the Warriors won by an average of 15.25ppg.. Curry is your MVP to date. And to add Warriors have 1 of the 10 best starts thru 40 games in NBA History..

I would still disagree because Harden to me has been better against the field, but I wouldn't argue with that point of view either.

basketfan4life
01-26-2015, 07:21 AM
Lol if you think Durant is even close to the player James is you should just quit watching basketball. No offense... Durant has been gifted talent around him like a Kobe his entire career. James at Durants stage had to carry everything by himself.

They are really close players, eith who is better is unknown. How can you guys reach these far is really beyond me.

Thinking lbj is beter than kd is ok, but saying kd is not even close is beyond ludicrous..

kozelkid
01-26-2015, 08:10 AM
Best player in the world had 12 in the 4th today against the Bulls and made Jimmy Butler who people think is better for some reason his *****.
Funny given that it was the contrary in their previous meeting.

Goose17
01-26-2015, 08:40 AM
I would still disagree because Harden to me has been better against the field, but I wouldn't argue with that point of view either.

Better against the field in what sense?

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 09:31 AM
No GM takes Curry over LeBron. Let's get real. Curry/Harden are MVP leaders right now but let's get real. No one takes Curry over LeBron, or Harden over LeBron. Ask Steve Kerr and I guarantee you he'll say Curry while twitching profusely. KD is arguably the best player right now. You can give it to LeBron but this is a 1a, 1b discussion.

FraziersKnicks
01-26-2015, 09:59 AM
KD had the best REGULAR season last year but that doesn't make him the best player in the world. He actually had the 2nd biggest decrease in PER and WS/48 in NBA history for an MVP player in the playoffs (behind Dirk when he won in 2006-07 and they got bounced in the first round). The guy stunk it up when it mattered and was outplayed by Westbrook on numerous occasions.

As for this season, Curry is arguably having the best season (and is on an absolutely STACKED team), but he hasn't done enough to usurp LeBron as the best player in the game.

No other player has done enough to replace LeBron and LeBron hasn't declined enough to be replaced as the best in the world. 4 season of 100+ games and consecutive Finals appearances took their toll on LeBron at the start of the season, but that 2 week rest he had (the longest of his career mid season) has given him his legs back. As the Cavs start to work it out, he's looking better and better and I don't see anyone taking that top spot off him in the foreseeable future.

Yanks All Day
01-26-2015, 11:06 AM
He's just healthy now. You can actually see it in his play. He's driving harder to the rim, playing harder overall, and finishing shots and games like we're used to. 80% of LeBron is a better basketball player than 95% of the NBA, but LeBron at 100% is the best player in the world. That's what we're seeing right now.

Teeboy1487
01-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Lebron is the best by far, but the argument of him playing with no talent ended 5 years ago. He has consistently been playing with 2 established allstars since 2010. It doesn't take away anything from him, but I can't stand seeing the argument that he played with no talent. That's BS.

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Lebron is the best by far, but the argument of him playing with no talent ended 5 years ago. He has consistently been playing with 2 established allstars since 2010. It doesn't take away anything from him, but I can't stand seeing the argument that he played with no talent. That's BS.

Was his team not 1-7 without him? You can't make that stuff up. Yes, Irving/Love were All-Star players but neither has led their team to the NBA playoffs. Neither has won anything worth mentioning. Besides Love, Irving was never considered a top 5 player or a top 5 PG. I think we're all so caught up with this All Star talk, that we forget Cavs are an average team without LeBron. The stats prove it, the numbers are consistent, and one thing can be determined: LeBron makes a team, the "team". Look at Miami. Who would have thought they would be battling to stay in seventh-eighth place in the Eastern Conference? For anyone who has watched Heat games, you can visibly see how awful and lost they are without LeBron. Wade's a great player but with LeBron gone, that Heat team just looks miserable out there. When LeBron first left Cleveland, you saw the toll it took on them. I've never once seen a player impact a team at that level. I mean, we're talking about how LeBron had a "great team" in Miami. Well sure that team was better than the teammates he had before, but that same team (nearly identical.. Battier/Miller/Ray Allen/James Jones are just role players), is struggling to secure a spot in the historically weak Eastern Conference. Again, 1-7 without LeBron. Had LeBron played through those injuries, they would be 2nd seed in the East (Cavs were a 66.7% team when LeBron wasn't injured). The thing with the Cavs that people most forget is that this team is a work-in-progress. No one should be surprised if they don't win this season. Bosh/Wade were veterans/more team oriented than Love/Irving. It's going to take time but one thing is a fact. When this team reaches their potential, they are going to make noise. It's not happening now just yet since Shumpert/Smith/Mosgov are rather new to the team, but when it does... you'll see. Judging them this early was just media spurring more news.

WaDe03
01-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Funny given that it was the contrary in their previous meeting.

When Bosh was out and the only player they had to worry about was Wade so they could double and triple team. This last game was a landslide though not even close. The first game was pretty close talking about their play.

KnicksorBust
01-26-2015, 12:28 PM
No GM takes Curry over LeBron. Let's get real. Curry/Harden are MVP leaders right now but let's get real. No one takes Curry over LeBron, or Harden over LeBron. Ask Steve Kerr and I guarantee you he'll say Curry while twitching profusely. KD is arguably the best player right now. You can give it to LeBron but this is a 1a, 1b discussion.

I don't know if that's true...especially factoring in age. LeBron is still the best in the world though. To me it's still LeBron/Durant with a drop off to Curry/Harden/AD/etc. I refuse to be blinded by the first half of a season. There's no way I'm taking Curry over LeBron or Durant for this season.

Minimal
01-26-2015, 12:56 PM
Once again this proves how underrated Russell Westbrook is. I'm sick and tired of people forgetting his name.

Goose17
01-26-2015, 02:05 PM

Up until the last week Lebron wasn't even in the mvp race. You can't be an MVP when your team wasn't even over .500

Now it could change. But only time will tell. Right no I don't see any GM voting for anyone other than Steph and Harden. That could change if Lebron really has flipped the switch.

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 02:11 PM
I don't know if that's true...especially factoring in age. LeBron is still the best in the world though. To me it's still LeBron/Durant with a drop off to Curry/Harden/AD/etc. I refuse to be blinded by the first half of a season. There's no way I'm taking Curry over LeBron or Durant for this season.

Perhaps this season but realistically speaking, the only player I'm taking over LeBron for the next three years, is Kevin Durant. There is simply no way I am taking Harden/Curry over LeBron. Anthony Davis is balling out of control, but he's too inexperienced and we've yet to see him officially carry a team over. It's no coincidence that Cleveland were 1-7 without LeBron and as soon as he's back, they are on a six game winning streak. Mosgov/J.R. have been amazing but even with those two, Cavs were still getting beat.

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 02:15 PM
Up until the last week Lebron wasn't even in the mvp race. You can't be an MVP when your team wasn't even over .500

Now it could change. But only time will tell. Right no I don't see any GM voting for anyone other than Steph and Harden. That could change if Lebron really has flipped the switch.

That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I acknowledged that Curry/Harden are MVP leaders right now and quite frankly, they'll probably win it. LeBron's MVP chances are VERY slim. If they do not finish with at least 53 wins, it will be tough to see it going towards LeBron side. If LeBron wasn't injured, as of right now, they would probably be second seed in the East with a record of 31-14. MVP doesn't mean you're better.. Like I said, no GM would take Curry/Harden over LeBron besides Kerr/Morey (and you know why).

jerellh528
01-26-2015, 02:16 PM
Perhaps this season but realistically speaking, the only player I'm taking over LeBron for the next three years, is Kevin Durant. There is simply no way I am taking Harden/Curry over LeBron. Anthony Davis is balling out of control, but he's too inexperienced and we've yet to see him officially carry a team over. It's no coincidence that Cleveland were 1-7 without LeBron and as soon as he's back, they are on a six game winning streak. Mosgov/J.R. have been amazing but even with those two, Cavs were still getting beat.

How many games did they lose with jr and mosgov in the lineup? They added over 25 points of production while eliminating their biggest chemistry flaw(waiters). Lebron helps no doubt, but they were still losing with him in the lineup too. I think people are overlooking the new additions considering them were added within a game or 2 of james comeback

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 02:21 PM
How many games did they lose with jr and mosgov in the lineup? They added over 25 points of production while eliminating their biggest chemistry flaw(waiters). Lebron helps no doubt, but they were still losing with him in the lineup too. I think people are overlooking the new additions considering them were added within a game or 2 of james comeback

J.R. Smith played 3 games before James came back. In those three games that they LOST, Cleveland were blown out by an average of 16 points. Mosgov showed up for 2 games before James came back. In those two games, Cleveland were blown out by an average of 19 points per game. Since James came back (not including Phoenix since they lost by 7), Cleveland has won every game by an average of 15 points. So yeah, James makes a huge impact. Not discrediting J.R. Smith and Mosgov, and also getting rid of Waiters helped... but, James is the reason they're winning.

jerellh528
01-26-2015, 02:26 PM
J.R. Smith played 3 games before James came back. In those three games that they LOST, Cleveland were blown out by an average of 16 points. Mosgov showed up for 2 games before James came back. In those two games, Cleveland were blown out by an average of 19 points per game. Since James came back (not including Phoenix since they lost by 7), Cleveland has won every game by an average of 15 points. So yeah, James makes a huge impact. Not discrediting J.R. Smith and Mosgov, and also getting rid of Waiters helped... but, James is the reason they're winning.

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 02:30 PM
Losing two games to the rockets and warriors isn't out of the norm for even good teams.

They got blown out by 19 points against Kings but... truthfully,there's really no way to confirm how much of an impact Mosgov/J.R. Smith have had on this team. No one is refuting that. If J.R. Smith came out the bench while providing the same production as he has been when starting, he would probably be the sixth man. Mosgov is averaging career highs in every category. However, it's blatant that James is the biggest reason they are winning. Trading Waiters is arguably the best thing they could have done besides getting Mosgov. Again, not saying J.R. and Mosgov weren't of help but you're trying to minimize the impact James has had and it's just utterly disrespectful.

Also, don't know why you edited your post.

TheIlladelph16
01-26-2015, 02:30 PM
If he's so great, let's see if he can win the East and make the Finals.

I'll re-visit this convo at that point.

You mean like he has done for the last four seasons straight?

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 02:32 PM
You mean like he has done for the last four seasons straight?

And if he makes the Finals, it's going to be another "Let's see if he can win 20 rings while also winning the superbowl the same years." haha.

jerellh528
01-26-2015, 02:38 PM
They got blown out by 19 points against Kings but... truthfully,there's really no way to confirm how much of an impact Mosgov/J.R. Smith have had on this team. No one is refuting that. If J.R. Smith came out the bench while providing the same production as he has been when starting, he would probably be the sixth man. Mosgov is averaging career highs in every category. However, it's blatant that James is the biggest reason they are winning. Trading Waiters is arguably the best thing they could have done besides getting Mosgov. Again, not saying J.R. and Mosgov weren't of help but you're trying to minimize the impact James has had and it's just utterly disrespectful.

Also, don't know why you edited your post.

I edited to end this because I don't care too much about it. I was going to go into how lbj took off during one of the tougher stretches Cleveland would have this year and came back a few games after getting reinforcements, they were still trying to figure out how and where to play smith and Mosgov, I think they only started 1 game together before he got back, also how huge games from his team including a 37 point game from Irving has also contributed to the win streak. But no doubt james is playing well, and is most definately the biggest reason they're winning. Just don't like when ppl say stuff like "losing streak won't out james and 6 game win streak with him!!" When in reality they were losing with him too, hovering around .500 or maybe a bit better I forgot, but they're playing their best stretch of ball post reinforcements. There's also members of the cavs saying how they're trying harder now that they have bolstered the team because they were unsure of team depth and faulty lineups

Goose17
01-26-2015, 02:41 PM
That has absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I acknowledged that Curry/Harden are MVP leaders right now and quite frankly, they'll probably win it. LeBron's MVP chances are VERY slim. If they do not finish with at least 53 wins, it will be tough to see it going towards LeBron side. If LeBron wasn't injured, as of right now, they would probably be second seed in the East with a record of 31-14. MVP doesn't mean you're better.. Like I said, no GM would take Curry/Harden over LeBron besides Kerr/Morey (and you know why).

Oh I apologise. I thought you meant no GM would VOTE for Curry or Harden as MVP over Lebron if they had a say.

Totally misinterpreted that, my bad.

D-Leethal
01-26-2015, 02:51 PM
It appears the past two seasons LeBron has embraced coasting thru the season, saving his body, taking a little time off here and there, lacking a bit on D, just so he can save himself and turn it up when it matters. I think the past two seasons playing San Antonio has made him study them a little closer and embrace some of their strategies such as the "coast through the mid season doldrums" method.

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 03:10 PM
I edited to end this because I don't care too much about it. I was going to go into how lbj took off during one of the tougher stretches Cleveland would have this year and came back a few games after getting reinforcements, they were still trying to figure out how and where to play smith and Mosgov, I think they only started 1 game together before he got back, also how huge games from his team including a 37 point game from Irving has also contributed to the win streak. But no doubt james is playing well, and is most definately the biggest reason they're winning. Just don't like when ppl say stuff like "losing streak won't out james and 6 game win streak with him!!" When in reality they were losing with him too, hovering around .500 or maybe a bit better I forgot, but they're playing their best stretch of ball post reinforcements. There's also members of the cavs saying how they're trying harder now that they have bolstered the team because they were unsure of team depth and faulty lineups

All valid points. They were 19-12 with LeBron before he took time off, though.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 03:50 PM

They weren't hovering around .500. They were something like 18-11 with James. They dropped to .500 when he left.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 03:54 PM
It appears the past two seasons LeBron has embraced coasting thru the season, saving his body, taking a little time off here and there, lacking a bit on D, just so he can save himself and turn it up when it matters. I think the past two seasons playing San Antonio has made him study them a little closer and embrace some of their strategies such as the "coast through the mid season doldrums" method.

But the Spurs get praised for there wisdom. Bron gets bashed for it though. Or people think he's not as good anymore. They refuse to believe he is coasting.

jerellh528
01-26-2015, 04:26 PM
But the Spurs get praised for there wisdom. Bron gets bashed for it though. Or people think he's not as good anymore. They refuse to believe he is coasting.

Because everyone knows the Spurs keys guys have declined, and their centerpiece is almost as old as the dinos. Lbj is suppose to be in his peak according to some

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 04:47 PM
Because everyone knows the Spurs keys guys have declined, and their centerpiece is almost as old as the dinos. Lbj is suppose to be in his peak according to some

Yes but as a team they win the ring. Its a smart move for them to win a ring, and its a smart move for Lebron to get a ring. People like you have been claiming KD has surpassed him last year, but what has going all out in the regular season done for him on a beast team. Going all out has gotten both him and Westbrook injured at times.

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 04:53 PM
Yes but as a team they win the ring. Its a smart move for them to win a ring, and its a smart move for Lebron to get a ring. People like you have been claiming KD has surpassed him last year, but what has going all out in the regular season done for him on a beast team. Going all out has gotten both him and Westbrook injured at times.
This isn't fair. LeBron may have very well been coasting but only LeBron knows for sure. I for sure think he is coasting. He's done this every season in Miami. It's just not fair to other players when you say "Well, LeBron would be better if he wasn't coasting."

According to who? LeBron has played more basketball than Larry and Magic Johnson. Dude has put in more minutes than any other player at the age of 30. It's safe to say that LeBron is an OLD 30.

jerellh528
01-26-2015, 05:01 PM

Okc is a beast team? That's news to me, they have two beast players and a good player in ibaka, not much else. Kd doesn't have the luxury of "coasting" because in the west you have to compete your hardest for seedlings and even to make the postseason night in and night out. Aside from the Spurs because they're a different animal with decades of championship experience and pop.

jerellh528
01-26-2015, 05:04 PM
This isn't fair. LeBron may have very well been coasting but only LeBron knows for sure. I for sure think he is coasting. He's done this every season in Miami. It's just not fair to other players when you say "Well, LeBron would be better if he wasn't coasting."

According to who? LeBron has played more basketball than Larry and Magic Johnson. Dude has put in more minutes than any other player at the age of 30. It's safe to say that LeBron is an OLD 30.

The ones that refuse to believe he has declined even a bit. If he hasn't declined at least athletically then there's no reason for him to be conserving himself/coasting. He does have the privilege of playing in the east though where seeding and everything didn't matter as much so I'm sure that probably plays a factor. I just never remember kobe coasting thru seasons, even the year before his injury he was an OLD 34 and still was close to tops in minutes and playing his heart out every game.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 05:08 PM

If you have watched 75% of Lebrons entire career as I have, (give or take), its easy to tell when he's giving 100% and when he isn't. I (we) know what the guy can do. I (we) know his body language. I know he's been coasting at times a lot over the last 2-3 years. He played at 100% up until the last 2-3 years of his career. Right around till he won his first ring. He like everyone learns a lot after you actually win a title. Your perspective changes once you win a title. All these other guys are thirsty, they are doing everything they can to win. They go all out every night because they don't know what it takes to win a ring, but they do know that they are going to give it there all every night until they do. Lebron knows what it takes. He knows what matters, and when it matters. When you have seen 100% from Bron for 8+ years, its easy to tell when he's not giving that. So to me its perfectly fair. Especially because when the Playoffs roll around, he again returns to the unquestioned and statistically by far best player in the game. That last sentence is the proof that he was coasting, and that he still is the best. I didn't need to wait to the playoffs to know he was still capable because I can easily tell that he is not going all out like he used to. You can say its not fair, but I know this. Ive watched to much Bron to not know.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 05:17 PM
Okc is a beast team? That's news to me, they have two beast players and a good player in ibaka, not much else. Kd doesn't have the luxury of "coasting" because in the west you have to compete your hardest for seedlings and even to make the postseason night in and night out. Aside from the Spurs because they're a different animal with decades of championship experience and pop.

But your the one that Calls Brons Heat teams a "super team" when all they have had is an injured Wade, a very soft Bosh, and not much else. Westbrook has a 28 + PER, and KD is your best player in the league, and Ibaka is better than Bosh in every way as a big/rim protector/rebounder/shot blocker. They have had Harden, and there current backup PG is way better than any starting PG Bron played with in miami. There bench is younger and more athletic than any heat team Bron was on. Its just pathetic how hard you look for OKC team deficiencies, and ignore the glaring weaknesses of Miami. You can't have it both ways.

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 06:11 PM
If you have watched 75% of Lebrons entire career as I have, (give or take), its easy to tell when he's giving 100% and when he isn't. I (we) know what the guy can do. I (we) know his body language. I know he's been coasting at times a lot over the last 2-3 years. He played at 100% up until the last 2-3 years of his career. Right around till he won his first ring. He like everyone learns a lot after you actually win a title. Your perspective changes once you win a title. All these other guys are thirsty, they are doing everything they can to win. They go all out every night because they don't know what it takes to win a ring, but they do know that they are going to give it there all every night until they do. Lebron knows what it takes. He knows what matters, and when it matters. When you have seen 100% from Bron for 8+ years, its easy to tell when he's not giving that. So to me its perfectly fair. Especially because when the Playoffs roll around, he again returns to the unquestioned and statistically by far best player in the game. That last sentence is the proof that he was coasting, and that he still is the best. I didn't need to wait to the playoffs to know he was still capable because I can easily tell that he is not going all out like he used to. You can say its not fair, but I know this. Ive watched to much Bron to not know.

That just sounds like being a complete LeBron dickrider.. So when Kobe is having an off night, I'm just going to assume he's coasting. You're speaking generalities. "LeBron is coasting. If he isn't, his numbers go up." Well, sorry.. Not anyone's problem. If he's coasting, great. Cavs are going to be much better when he isn't. However, give other players credit.

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 06:16 PM
The ones that refuse to believe he has declined even a bit. If he hasn't declined at least athletically then there's no reason for him to be conserving himself/coasting. He does have the privilege of playing in the east though where seeding and everything didn't matter as much so I'm sure that probably plays a factor. I just never remember kobe coasting thru seasons, even the year before his injury he was an OLD 34 and still was close to tops in minutes and playing his heart out every game.

No one has said LeBron should be at his peak, though. His last three seasons with Miami were legendary seasons. Hard to see him topping those. Also, why are you bringing Kobe up? Then you wonder why people bring LeBron up on Kobe threads.. It's like you have to take cheap shots just to feel comfortable.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 06:29 PM
The ones that refuse to believe he has declined even a bit. If he hasn't declined at least athletically then there's no reason for him to be conserving himself/coasting. He does have the privilege of playing in the east though where seeding and everything didn't matter as much so I'm sure that probably plays a factor.[B] I just never remember kobe coasting thru seasons, even the year before his injury he was an OLD 34 and still was close to tops in minutes and playing his heart out every game.

And thats why he's injured and not playing and fell off. Didn't end well. Jordan definitely got his coast on in the regular season. Thats why you saw Jordan go out on his own terms, and not a broken down shell. Kobe followed in Dominique's footsteps.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 06:33 PM
That just sounds like being a complete LeBron dickrider.. So when Kobe is having an off night, I'm just going to assume he's coasting. You're speaking generalities. "LeBron is coasting. If he isn't, his numbers go up." Well, sorry.. Not anyone's problem. If he's coasting, great. Cavs are going to be much better when he isn't. However, give other players credit.

I agree but it has nothing to do with numbers or having an off night. Its about watching the game...every game...and making an educated conclusion on what your seeing. After the first quarter yesterday, I said Lebron isn't coasting this game. Didn't know what his stats were gonna end up being, but its not hard to see effort. Cant believe your not understanding this. Who can't see effort? Effort is pretty apparent no matter what your watching.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 06:36 PM
That just sounds like being a complete LeBron dickrider.. So when Kobe is having an off night, I'm just going to assume he's coasting. You're speaking generalities. "LeBron is coasting. If he isn't, his numbers go up." Well, sorry.. Not anyone's problem. If he's coasting, great. Cavs are going to be much better when he isn't. [B]However, give other players credit.

Who's not giving other players credit. I said that Harden and Curry are the lead for MVP. I said Lebron is better. What more do you want. You want me to say Harden and Curry are better than Bron? Sorry not gonna get that.

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 06:42 PM
I agree but it has nothing to do with numbers or having an off night. Its about watching the game...every game...and making an educated conclusion on what your seeing. After the first quarter yesterday, I said Lebron isn't coasting this game. Didn't know what his stats were gonna end up being, but its not hard to see effort. Cant believe your not understanding this. Who can't see effort? Effort is pretty apparent no matter what your watching.

Simply saying LeBron is coasting pretty much voids his entire ability. let's say they lose games. Is he coasting. Let's say he loses the NBA finals. Is he coasting too? You can't just say he's coasting and not give other players credit. You're essentially saying that KD tries hard while James doesn't. Not a fair assessment. This LeBron coasting needs to stop being used because it's hard to compare players when that's something you keep abiding by.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Simply saying LeBron is coasting pretty much voids his entire ability. let's say they lose games. Is he coasting. Let's say he loses the NBA finals. Is he coasting too? You can't just say he's coasting and not give other players credit. You're essentially saying that KD tries hard while James doesn't. Not a fair assessment. This LeBron coasting needs to stop being used because it's hard to compare players when that's something you keep abiding by.

I disagree. And like I said, in the Playoffs he is the best in the league, every year, bar none. So it backs up my claim. I mean dude, its on the film. If you can't tell that he's not going as hard as he could then so be it. But as I said, again and again, Harden and Curry are MVP leaders so I am giving them credit. Look at his average number of drives to the hoop per game, and then look at what it was yesterday? I don't even know the numbers and I'll bet it was higher yesterday than on average. Driving takes more energy than pull-ups. Look at average shot attempts, than look at yesterday. I mean its not rocket science. Its just truth.

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 06:55 PM

Ive said many times he has declined athletically. He had declined by his first year in Miami athletically. Lucky for him his decline still has him above 99% of the league still because of where he started. You take into account his size and he is still the biggest freak of nature in the NBA. Watch his first stint in Cleveland. He doesn't fly like that anymore. Those layups against OKC were dunks his first 7 years in Cleveland.

His skills have vastly improved. His Shot has vastly improved. So at the end of the day, he may be more unstoppable than ever still. His athletic decline has not been severe enough yet to knock him off that #1 spot. I'm thinking at age 34 he will no longer have an argument for best player, maybe 35, if he's super lucky and doesn't get hurt, maybe 36.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2015, 06:55 PM

according to who? The dude has played 878 games by age 30. He is already #68 in minutes played, ever. At age 30. Who on earth would think he hasn't athletically declined at this point, and will now need to enter pace mode (he already did last year, when he didn't guard anyone for stretches of games).

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 07:04 PM
I remember a time when every break away dunk, Bron had the rim at eye level. Bron hasn't had an eye level dunk in 5 years.

Jeffy25
01-26-2015, 09:55 PM
On Bron being in decline...

Aren't most NBA players peaks from about 24-28?

L8kers4life
01-26-2015, 10:15 PM
I would not call this coasting, I would call it flipping the switch when he needs to. The Bulls and the Lakers use to always do it. LeBron is the best player in the world, so even when he is going at 80-90%, he is still the best player in the league. When he flips the switch, he is on a whole other level!

D-Leethal
01-26-2015, 10:28 PM
I'm a LeBron critic but I won't sit here and pretend like he is in the midst of some sharp decline. His athleticism has been going for a few years now but he makes up for it in smarts. I mean was MJ really WORSE during his 2nd 3peat years? I'd say "different" before I'd say "worse". He is still the best player on the planet when he wants to be, he just doesn't go full throttle for 82 games + playoffs anymore so no matter how you judge him - eye test or metrics - its going to appear as a decline as a result. His peak is still the same if you ask me. And he seems to be able to hit that whenever he wants, until things get tight in the Finals of course.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 12:16 AM
I would not call this coasting, I would call it flipping the switch when he needs to. The Bulls and the Lakers use to always do it. LeBron is the best player in the world, so even when he is going at 80-90%, he is still the best player in the league. When he flips the switch, he is on a whole other level!

Bingo

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 12:24 AM
I'm a LeBron critic but I won't sit here and pretend like he is in the midst of some sharp decline. His athleticism has been going for a few years now but he makes up for it in smarts. I mean was MJ really WORSE during his 2nd 3peat years? I'd say "different" before I'd say "worse". He is still the best player on the planet when he wants to be, he just doesn't go full throttle for 82 games + playoffs anymore so no matter how you judge him - eye test or metrics - its going to appear as a decline as a result. His peak is still the same if you ask me. And he seems to be able to hit that whenever he wants, until things get tight in the Finals of course.

Bingo again.

Goose17
01-27-2015, 02:50 AM
On Bron being in decline...

Aren't most NBA players peaks from about 24-28?

I would have said most peaks were late 20s to early 30s. I can't think of many guys that peaked aged 26.

28 sure. But before that? I genuinely can't think of any off the top of my head. I would have said they peak at 27/28 and it lasts until they're a out 30/31 at the most.

There's exceptions to every rule though. And there has been multiple studies done on this, I don't think there's any clear answer. A lot of it seems to depend more on how long they've been in the league (left after high school vs college vs one and done) as well as their respective position.

numba1CHANGsta
01-27-2015, 02:57 AM
Get off LeBron's nutz already

tredigs
01-27-2015, 10:57 AM
And thats why he's injured and not playing and fell off. Didn't end well. Jordan definitely got his coast on in the regular season. Thats why you saw Jordan go out on his own terms, and not a broken down shell. Kobe followed in Dominique's footsteps.
Jordan "got his coast on". Is that a joke? What are you basing that off of?

FlashBolt
01-27-2015, 01:16 PM
I remember a time when every break away dunk, Bron had the rim at eye level. Bron hasn't had an eye level dunk in 5 years.

He actually has dunked eye level. I don't recall the game but I've seen it on YouTube with him on Miami many times.

Isn't that the definition of coasting? Playing nonchalantly and then non-nonchalantly when you want to?

No one wants to play OKC in the first round.. Ask GSW fans.

I disagree. And like I said, in the Playoffs he is the best in the league, every year, bar none. So it backs up my claim. I mean dude, its on the film. If you can't tell that he's not going as hard as he could then so be it. But as I said, again and again, Harden and Curry are MVP leaders so I am giving them credit. Look at his average number of drives to the hoop per game, and then look at what it was yesterday? I don't even know the numbers and I'll bet it was higher yesterday than on average. Driving takes more energy than pull-ups. Look at average shot attempts, than look at yesterday. I mean its not rocket science. Its just truth.
I never said there was no truth to LeBron coasting. It's just getting really annoying when PSD uses it as an excuse. LeBron is coasting because his ability to play all facets of the game has been deteriorating. That's an absolute fact. So, should we sit here and avoid the fact that James hasn't played defense or has been less active compared to previous years? I get that he's coasting but it gets annoying reading about it.

Another issue people seem to always avoid when in regards to LeBron is the fact that he's the OLDEST age 30 NBA player in NBA history. No one comes close in minutes and games played. Dude rarely sat out games and has never been injured. He played in four straight NBA Finals and the Olympics as well. Let's not forget about the insane endorsements/media/business decisions he has to make off the court as well. He's a busy man and I think we need to start accepting that LeBron is just really old. He's the best player but within 3 years, his ability to explode and drive to the rim will be limited. 20/6/6 player after age 33.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Jordan "got his coast on". Is that a joke? What are you basing that off of?

By him being outplayed in the regular season by both Barkley and Malone when he was still clearly the better player.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 03:24 PM
He actually has dunked eye level. I don't recall the game but I've seen it on YouTube with him on Miami many times.

Isn't that the definition of coasting? Playing nonchalantly and then non-nonchalantly when you want to?

No one wants to play OKC in the first round.. Ask GSW fans.

I never said there was no truth to LeBron coasting. It's just getting really annoying when PSD uses it as an excuse. LeBron is coasting because his ability to play all facets of the game has been deteriorating. That's an absolute fact. So, should we sit here and avoid the fact that James hasn't played defense or has been less active compared to previous years? I get that he's coasting but it gets annoying reading about it.

Another issue people seem to always avoid when in regards to LeBron is the fact that he's the OLDEST age 30 NBA player in NBA history. No one comes close in minutes and games played. Dude rarely sat out games and has never been injured. He played in four straight NBA Finals and the Olympics as well. Let's not forget about the insane endorsements/media/business decisions he has to make off the court as well. He's a busy man and I think we need to start accepting that LeBron is just really old. He's the best player but within 3 years, his ability to explode and drive to the rim will be limited. 20/6/6 player after age 33.

So first he's not coasting, but now he is coasting but only for the reasons you state? And its fact? OK. Don't forget to mention he has a better jumper now than when he was young so he doesn't have to expend the energy it takes to drive. But you bet your butt, when playoff time comes, he still won't settle for a jumper when he knows he can just drive.

I dont believe your 20/6/6 stat after 33. Isn't Kobe putting up 25 on a torn a chilies at 36. You can't just tell me I'm b.s. then say everything you say is fact when its really just your opinion. 20/6/6 is your opinion nothing more. And I doubt it.

And as far as his age, He may be the oldest 30 year old, but he's also the freakiest and most athletic 30 year old. And because he was so much more athletic to start, his declined self will still be more athletic than most. At 33 he will still be able to run as fast as most 24 year olds. He just won't be close to 24 year old Bron. RELATIVE to who he is playing against, he will be a beast for longer than most. He will be a supreme athlete longer than most. He will average more than 20pts a game at 34.

tredigs
01-27-2015, 04:34 PM
By him being outplayed in the regular season by both Barkley and Malone when he was still clearly the better player.

Anything to back that up? Not that they played the same position either.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Anything to back that up? Not that they played the same position either.

Meant Malone and or Drob

PER/WS/Vorp #'s in 97/98
PER/WS/Vorp #'s in 96/97
PER/Vorp/+/- #'s in 95/96

tredigs
01-27-2015, 05:30 PM
Meant Malone and or Drob

PER/WS/Vorp #'s in 97/98
PER/WS/Vorp #'s in 96/97
PER/Vorp/+/- #'s in 95/96

Those are Jordan's final 3 years when he was well into his 30's, the final two coming off of championship wins. He still played every game, having many INSANE showings of effort when they were down a chunk of points going into the 4th quarter and he would help will himself and his teammates to the regular season win (this was a team that he lead to 72 wins in the regular season - because he wanted so badly to break the Lakers record - when 47 was good enough for HCA). He led the league in Usage% all three of those years, in PPG all three of those years, and in WinShares+WS/48 2 of those 3 years. He was starting to fall apart on his last championship run at the age of 34, but was still clearly trying every night in search of that final 3 peat. He literally and figuratively never took one game off all three years.

Was he better in the playoffs? Sure. Mike always rose to the occasion and they needed that from him. But to compare Jordan's level of competitiveness/effort in the regular season - even at the age of 33-34 - to what we generally get from Lebron (and I get it, he has the luxury to play in the modern East and doesn't have to try most nights, so he doesn't) is an absolute joke. The Bulls averaged 67 wins those 3 seasons btw.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 05:39 PM
Those are Jordan's final 3 years when he was well into his 30's, the final two coming off of championship wins. He still played every game, having many INSANE showings of effort when they were down a chunk of points going into the 4th quarter and he would help will himself and his teammates to the regular season win (this was a team that he lead to 72 wins in the regular season - because he wanted so badly to break the Lakers record - when 47 was good enough for HCA). He led the league in Usage% all three of those years, in PPG all three of those years, and in WinShares+WS/48 2 of those 3 years. He was starting to fall apart on his last championship run at the age of 34, but was still clearly trying every night in search of that final 3 peat. He literally and figuratively never took one game off all three years.

Was he better in the playoffs? Sure. Mike always rose to the occasion and they needed that from him. But to compare Jordan's level of competitiveness/effort in the regular season - even at the age of 33-34 - to what we generally get from Lebron (and I get it, he has the luxury to play in the modern East and doesn't have to try most nights, so he doesn't) is an absolute joke. The Bulls averaged 67 wins those 3 seasons btw.

Your opinion. Much of the same reasons/excuses you could say for Bron. The fact he only needed 47 wins shows you how awful the east was too, something you like to use against Bron. Case could be made the east was even weaker then. The fact that he went even harder in the playoffs backs up what I am saying too. The numbers and stats mirror what Lebron is doing. Team wins? Common dude that has nothing to do with what we are talking about. Jordan wanted to beat the celtics very bad too in his first year and couldn't. Please. He also took 2 years off in between and hadn't played as much b-ball as Bron in the previous 3 years because of it. I gave you the stats. I don't need to hear your Opinions in return. You have no facts to back up anything you said. Just your twisted hate for Bron. You will continue to ignore anything that disproves your case, and reach for everything that helps you. 47 win east in Jordans day is all you should have to see. Just shut up and stop your pointless crying. The numbers are there. I dont need to here about what you think you remember when you were 7 years old. Jordan was still the best player in the league but others outplayed him during the regular season because he coasted. Period

tredigs
01-27-2015, 08:01 PM
I showed you plenty of stats, pay attention. To summarize for you again: In the three years you cherry picked (where MJ was 32 to 34 years old), he played 246 of 246 games, including winning 3 Titles/Finals MVP's. He led the league in Usage% all three of those seasons (Lebron currently ranks 5th, and has not led the league in Usage since he was a 25 year old during his 1st stint in Cleveland). He also led the league in points per game all three years, as well as WinShares 2 of the 3 years (#2 just behind the Mailman during the year he retired). At that point in his career he was still doing this despite not being close to as explosive as he was pre baseball years.

And of course the team wins matter. Despite it not being that tough of a conference, he was their leader and best player on teams that averaged 67 wins a year in that span. It's not exactly a secret that MJ hated to lose, even in the regular season. I was a teenager and watched them all the time, I remember his compelling passion very well. It was the biggest thing commentators and even casual observers remarked about him during the regular season; how he "never had an off night", "brought it every night". Those were the common mantras of MJ, whereas with LBJ it's the polar opposite.

And the thing is, we've also seen Lebron coasting during multiple games in different series during the playoffs too! And guess what? Those series did not end well for him. Even for someone as wildly fanboyish as you are, it actually astounds me that you think MJ coasted like Lebron does.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 08:20 PM
I showed you plenty of stats, pay attention. To summarize for you again: In the three years you cherry picked (where MJ was 32 to 34 years old), he played 246 of 246 games, including winning 3 Titles/Finals MVP's. He led the league in Usage% all three of those seasons (Lebron currently ranks 5th, and has not led the league in Usage since he was a 25 year old during his 1st stint in Cleveland). He also led the league in points per game all three years, as well as WinShares 2 of the 3 years (#2 just behind the Mailman during the year he retired). At that point in his career he was still doing this despite not being close to as explosive as he was pre baseball years.

And of course the team wins matter. Despite it not being that tough of a conference, he was their leader and best player on teams that averaged 67 wins a year in that span. It's not exactly a secret that MJ hated to lose, even in the regular season. I was a teenager and watched them all the time, I remember his compelling passion very well. It was the biggest thing commentators and even casual observers remarked about him during the regular season; how he "never had an off night", "brought it every night". Those were the common mantras of MJ, whereas with LBJ it's the polar opposite.

And the thing is, we've also seen Lebron coasting during multiple games in different series during the playoffs too! And guess what? Those series did not end well for him. Even for someone as wildly fanboyish as you are, it actually astounds me that you think MJ coasted like Lebron does.

Man I remember a time when you argued against me saying Bron was coasting. Now he is the biggest coaster in the world in this debate. We will just agree to disagree. I don't believe he played as hard in the regular season as he did the playoffs. How ever you want to break that down, what ever level of coasting you want to call it, you feel free to do that. When MJ was younger he played just as hard, whether it was playoffs or regular season. Same with Bron. When he got older he flipped the switch to a lower level in regular season than he did playoffs. Same as Bron. What ever level of coasting...who cares. He went harder in the playoffs than in the regular season. Thats the point.

archdevil84
01-27-2015, 08:31 PM
welcome back king james, i've missed your prime explosive form

FlashBolt
01-27-2015, 08:57 PM
So first he's not coasting, but now he is coasting but only for the reasons you state? And its fact? OK. Don't forget to mention he has a better jumper now than when he was young so he doesn't have to expend the energy it takes to drive. But you bet your butt, when playoff time comes, he still won't settle for a jumper when he knows he can just drive.

I dont believe your 20/6/6 stat after 33. Isn't Kobe putting up 25 on a torn a chilies at 36. You can't just tell me I'm b.s. then say everything you say is fact when its really just your opinion. 20/6/6 is your opinion nothing more. And I doubt it.

And as far as his age, He may be the oldest 30 year old, but he's also the freakiest and most athletic 30 year old. And because he was so much more athletic to start, his declined self will still be more athletic than most. At 33 he will still be able to run as fast as most 24 year olds. He just won't be close to 24 year old Bron. RELATIVE to who he is playing against, he will be a beast for longer than most. He will be a supreme athlete longer than most. He will average more than 20pts a game at 34.

1) I never said he wasn't coasting. I'm just saying that it's getting annoying when you constantly say he's coasting when in fact, he has also declined. Using the coasting argument is valid but you're not acknowledging that he has declined.
2) His jumpshot has been declining every year since 2010-2011.
3) Kobe is a volume shooter and that is how he maintained his scoring average.. James isn't going to be inclined to take that many shots. He understands his game and when it comes down to it, he'll have to reinvent himself. Of course you can't see that. Your wall is probably filled with paintings of LeBron.
4) What the hell are you talking about? LeBron is already declining as we speak. I'm not the only one who thinks so. To be as fast is another thing. To be as explosive? That's another.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 11:04 PM
Ive said many times he has declined athletically. He had declined by his first year in Miami athletically. Lucky for him his decline still has him above 99% of the league still because of where he started. You take into account his size and he is still the biggest freak of nature in the NBA. Watch his first stint in Cleveland. He doesn't fly like that anymore. Those layups against OKC were dunks his first 7 years in Cleveland.

His skills have vastly improved. His Shot has vastly improved. So at the end of the day, he may be more unstoppable than ever still. His athletic decline has not been severe enough yet to knock him off that #1 spot. I'm thinking at age 34 he will no longer have an argument for best player, maybe 35, if he's super lucky and doesn't get hurt, maybe 36.

1) I never said he wasn't coasting. I'm just saying that it's getting annoying when you constantly say he's coasting when in fact, he has also declined. Using the coasting argument is valid but you're not acknowledging that he has declined.
3) Kobe is a volume shooter and that is how he maintained his scoring average.. James isn't going to be inclined to take that many shots. He understands his game and when it comes down to it, he'll have to reinvent himself. Of course you can't see that. Your wall is probably filled with paintings of LeBron.
4) What the hell are you talking about? LeBron is already declining as we speak. I'm not the only one who thinks so. To be as fast is another thing. To be as explosive? That's another.

Are you one of those people who wakes up every morning and forgets who your are? You even corrected me earlier in this thread when I said he can't get eye level with the rim anymore. Damn dude, I really don't know wtf you want to hear me say, but your starting to make me think you just want to argue with someone who likes Lebron so you don't look as bad to the Kobe fans when you defend him. Just read homeboy. READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shiest!!!!!

FlashBolt
01-27-2015, 11:19 PM
Are you one of those people who wakes up every morning and forgets who your are? You even corrected me earlier in this thread when I said he can't get eye level with the rim anymore. Damn dude, I really don't know wtf you want to hear me say, but your starting to make me think you just want to argue with someone who likes Lebron so you don't look as bad to the Kobe fans when you defend him. Just read homeboy. READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shiest!!!!!

Lmao, you said that just very recently.. Give it a break. Everyone calls you a homer and justifiably so. LeBron dunking at eye level is completely irrelevant considering that he could do it with ease because of his height/speed/explosiveness. I'm just appalled by the fact that you really do suck LeBron hard. I never doubted why people called you out for your name. It's truly a nice choice. Here's the thing - LeBron is also my favorite player. I just don't suck his ding dong. If LeBron was caught on tape strangling an old lady, what are the chances you'll be his lawyer? It's not hard to understand. Stop saying he's coasting and degrade other players for "trying hard." Just like you said what did KD get by putting effort into regular season games. Are you serious? LeBron James is one of the best regular season players (let alone best player of this decade) we've ever seen. You don't get that from coasting. You then said Jordan was "coasting" as well? When the hell did he start coasting? When he was playing with the Wizards? Please, enlighten us.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 11:26 PM

Lmao, you said that just very recently.. Give it a break. Everyone calls you a homer and justifiably so. LeBron dunking at eye level is completely irrelevant considering that he could do it with ease because of his height/speed/explosiveness. I'm just appalled by the fact that you really do suck LeBron hard. I never doubted why people called you out for your name. It's truly a nice choice. Here's the thing - LeBron is also my favorite player. I just don't suck his ding dong. If LeBron was caught on tape strangling an old lady, what are the chances you'll be his lawyer?

Dude I said it way before you said I don't say he's declining. It makes absolutely zero sense to say what you said when 2 pages back I said he was declining and you already corrected me for saying he can't get his head above the rim. Your just talking out of your arse now. I really can't get where your coming from. Your basically lying. Your just spouting off random ish at this point. Pathetic to say stuff that isn't true. Your just trying to argue for no reason. Your a waste of time seriously. I own everything. You make up BS!!!!!!!! Ive said this many times in other threads. In the Lebron decline thread! Seriously come at me with some real or just don't come at me. I keep it 100%. You do not. This was a sorry pathetic attempt. I just said it?!?!?!?! WTF? You make zero sense homie ZERO!!!!!!! Makes no sense at all. You corrected me pages ago when I spoke of his decline. You gave him more props and basically said he hasn't declined as much as I say. You are literally chasing your tail! I don't care who your favorite player is. AT least be real dude. Please do that. This is some Amos type ish Ive had to deal with from you.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 11:30 PM

This happened yesterday.
Thats me in the first quote. Thats you in the second quote. Then you have the nerve to write what your wrote. You got the nerve to say I don't acknowledge his decline?!?!?!?! Utterly pathetic dude. Just sorry and pathetic.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 11:38 PM

Lmao, you said that just very recently.. Give it a break. Everyone calls you a homer and justifiably so. LeBron dunking at eye level is completely irrelevant considering that he could do it with ease because of his height/speed/explosiveness. I'm just appalled by the fact that you really do suck LeBron hard. I never doubted why people called you out for your name. It's truly a nice choice. Here's the thing - LeBron is also my favorite player. I just don't suck his ding dong. If LeBron was caught on tape strangling an old lady, what are the chances you'll be his lawyer? It's not hard to understand. Stop saying he's coasting and degrade other players for "trying hard." Just like you said what did KD get by putting effort into regular season games. Are you serious? LeBron James is one of the best regular season players (let alone best player of this decade) we've ever seen. You don't get that from coasting. You then said Jordan was "coasting" as well? When the hell did he start coasting? When he was playing with the Wizards? Please, enlighten us.

Speak for yourself dude. You need help. You need to have other people help you to be right. If you want to jump in with Amos/Jerell/and everyone with a Kobe picture than go ahead, but you sound sad with this. Fight your own battles. Be a man about it. "Everyone" is another lie and from your mouth. I know it will not be the last. Tre hates Lebron so align yourself with him as well. Still pathetic the way you have handled yourself here though. You won't here me lying or trying to say "everyone" to help validate myself.

All this other stuff is just funny/stupid. You already said his coasting was valid!???? Now your back to don't say it?!?! Degrade other players?!?! Dude your comprehension skills need work bro. You have gone back and forth to many times at this point to even be understandable. Your speaking in tongues and don't know what your saying. If I put up everything you have said...which I am going to do, you are not going to make any sense at all.

jerellh528
01-27-2015, 11:45 PM
Lol I know hoops is going hard against tredigs and flashbolt who are two of the most unbiased guys when it comes to Lebron, I've seen both praise Lebron thoroughly when the time calls. You're just blinded by your infatuation with james that I honestly think you believe the stuff you spew and dismiss anyone else as a hater when they don't slobber on james as much as you do, which is impossible because you do it more than anyone.

FlashBolt
01-27-2015, 11:47 PM
This happened yesterday.
Thats me in the first quote. Thats you in the second quote. Then you have the nerve to write what your wrote. You got the nerve to say I don't acknowledge his decline?!?!?!?! Utterly pathetic dude. Just sorry and pathetic.

So, dunking at eye level is what makes a player athletic?

Speak for yourself dude. You need help. You need to have other people help you to be right. If you want to jump in with Amos/Jerell/and everyone with a Kobe picture than go ahead, but you sound sad with this. Fight your own battles. Be a man about it. "Everyone" is another lie and from your mouth. I know it will not be the last. Tre hates Lebron so align yourself with him as well. Still pathetic the way you have handled yourself here though. You won't here me lying or trying to say "everyone" to help validate myself.

I am speaking for myself. I'm tired of reading about you and your LeBron fetish. Tredigs is undoubtedly a top 5 poster in the NBA forums. You're not. We can put up a poll right now and if you get a single vote, I'll promise to suck LeBron as hard as you do. Here's the thing: I'm that confident you won't get a single vote. Amos/Jerell/everyone with a Kobe picture? You do realize that I'm a huge LeBron fan, right? There's a difference between being a fan and being someone who tries and find a way to make excuses for LeBron every single time. I think it's you who needs help. Don't you think it's you who has a problem when it's YOU who is being called out in regards to your name? I find it funny because 80% of the time, it really is funny. Again, let me clarify. Jerell knows I'm a huge LeBron fan. I don't need you to tell me what and who I am supposed to be supporting. When Kobe destroys LeBron; I'll be the first to say he did so. Vice-versa.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 11:54 PM

Welcome to the twighlight zone

FlashBolt
01-27-2015, 11:56 PM
Welcome to the twighlight zone

Clearly you don't understand the difference. I'm saying LeBron IS probably coasting but it's annoying when you keep saying he's coasting that game or he's coasting this season, blah, blah blah. I'm not going to sit here and tell you the difference. You're too obsessed with him that it's beginning to make me believe that you might actually be LeBron.

IKnowHoops
01-28-2015, 12:10 AM
So, dunking at eye level is what makes a player athletic?

OK now you want to play stupid, like you don't understand? I know you aren't that stupid to not see the correlation between athletic decline and loss of vertical leap height. SMH. You keep getting more and more pathetic. And have the audacity to say "Clearly I don't know the difference" as if anyone would get that double-talk your doing. "OK for me flash bolt to say he is coasting, but not you, because I don't like the way it sounds when you say it" Grow up. Talking all that childish bs. Yeah Id be his lawyer when he strangles an old lady. What!?!?! You are not clever at all. Not funny at all.

I am speaking for myself. I'm tired of reading about you and your LeBron fetish. Tredigs is undoubtedly a top 5 poster in the NBA forums. You're not. We can put up a poll right now and if you get a single vote, I'll promise to suck LeBron as hard as you do. Here's the thing: I'm that confident you won't get a single vote. Amos/Jerell/everyone with a Kobe picture? You do realize that I'm a huge LeBron fan, right? There's a difference between being a fan and being someone who tries and find a way to make excuses for LeBron every single time. I think it's you who needs help. Don't you think it's you who has a problem when it's YOU who is being called out in regards to your name? I find it funny because 80% of the time, it really is funny. Again, let me clarify. Jerell knows I'm a huge LeBron fan. I don't need you to tell me what and who I am supposed to be supporting. When Kobe destroys LeBron; I'll be the first to say he did so. Vice-versa.

I find it weird when other posters yank other posters. Ive also heard you accuse Tre of hating on Bron too. Doesn't surprise me due to all the flip flopping and double talk you have done in 3 pages.

I said Lebron is coasting...you agree...most everyone else agrees
I said that he is not the MVP...you agree...everyone else agrees
I said Lebron is the best player in the NBA...you agree...most everyone else agrees
I said Curry and Harden are the Lead MVP vote getters...you agree...most everyone else agrees
I said Lebron turns it on in the playoffs...stats back this up...and most agree

Just cause you don't like to see my posts, doesn't mean you get to lie and twist what I have said. You went off the deep in. You started twisting stuff. Direct quote me, and stick to what I said. I don't want to hear your demented take on how it hit you in your forehead. You are double talking to hard and making no sense. Your caught up in your feelings and babbling nonsense. I haven't said any of the nonsense you twist it into. If you think I did Quote me or go to bed.

IKnowHoops
01-28-2015, 12:17 AM
Lol I know hoops is going hard against tredigs and flashbolt who are two of the most unbiased guys when it comes to Lebron, I've seen both praise Lebron thoroughly when the time calls. You're just blinded by your infatuation with james that I honestly think you believe the stuff you spew and dismiss anyone else as a hater when they don't slobber on james as much as you do, which is impossible because you do it more than anyone.

Yet your always arguing with one of them about Bron. Hey dude just PM them if you like them. Don't be shy.

IKnowHoops
01-28-2015, 12:23 AM

Clearly you don't understand the difference. I'm saying LeBron IS probably coasting but it's annoying when you keep saying he's coasting that game or he's coasting this season, blah, blah blah. I'm not going to sit here and tell you the difference. You're too obsessed with him that it's beginning to make me believe that you might actually be LeBron.

Again dude.

Are you running for office soon? You will forever be putting your foot in your mouth. Is it that hard for you to have one stance and stick to it. Seriously what the matter with you?

You clearly have a problem taking a stance and sticking to it. I don't know how anyone could have a legit debate with you when your so iffy on everything you say.

FlashBolt
01-28-2015, 12:30 AM
Iknowhoops, you are right. I apologize for ever questioning your infatuation with LeBron. Let's get back to the topic since it's evident that you will never quit responding despite no one agreeing with you. I've seen Kobe homers and let me tell ya, you're making them seem like casual Kobe fans with the way you support LeBron. We went over this like fifty times and it's just giving me a headache. Point is, you're always saying LeBron is coasting and it's totally unfair since you called out KD for "trying" too hard and not coasting. If you can't understand that, then I don't know what to tell ya. Another issue is how you seem to think I'm a LeBron hater. I try my best to give LeBron the benefit of a doubt. However, when I see him declining, it's true. I even said he was going to have a down year before this season even began.
1) LeBron doesn't play defense.
2) LeBron is manipulative.
3) LeBron whines a lot.
4) LeBron isn't having the best season this year.

which one is false? Everything I said is true and if you aren't biased, you will know it too.

I just love how you think me and Jerell are tagteaming on you like this is a handicap wrestling match or something. Jerell may hate Lebron but it doesn't mean everything he says about him is false. It's just you who thinks it is.. Tredigs is genuinely a top 5 poster. He's up there with Chronz/hawkeye/jeffy IMO. so to say I'm calling him out for hating LeBron? Lmao, sometimes my appreciation of LeBrons game does get to me but he has a point more-so than not. You on the other hand just run around with a LeBron foam finger and you probably have a Lebron desktop wallpaper as well. I think it's best if we both just drop it. We agree on some aspects and disagree on others. Nothing wrong with that. Have a nice day.

jerellh528
01-28-2015, 12:30 AM
Yet your always arguing with one of them about Bron. Hey dude just PM them if you like them. Don't be shy.

Yeah and I hate Lebron. That should tell you that they don't hate him.

IKnowHoops
01-28-2015, 12:39 AM
Iknowhoops, you are right. I apologize for ever questioning your infatuation with LeBron. Let's get back to the topic since it's evident that you will never quit responding despite no one agreeing with you. I've seen Kobe homers and let me tell ya, you're making them seem like casual Kobe fans with the way you support LeBron. We went over this like fifty times and it's just giving me a headache. Point is, you're always saying LeBron is coasting and it's totally unfair since you called out KD for "trying" too hard and not coasting. If you can't understand that, then I don't know what to tell ya. Another issue is how you seem to think I'm a LeBron hater. I try my best to give LeBron the benefit of a doubt. However, when I see him declining, it's true. I even said he was going to have a down year before this season even began.
3) LeBron whines a lot.

which one is false? Everything I said is true and if you aren't biased, you will know it too.

I guessed you erased this but, you make things up in your head dude. If you can find or quote when I said you were a Lebron hater. I will leave PSD forever, if you can't...then just humbly walk away and never try me again.

Secondly, I agree with all your points. For you to bring those up as if I don't believe them, just adds to how much of this is in your own little melon.

Seriously, how many times do I have to tell you that Curry and Harden are lead for MVP. Wouldn't someone with half a brain conclude that i don't think Lebron is having the best season this year. Damn dude!

And how many times do I need to say he is declining for you to remember I also said this. Wow!!

FlashBolt
01-28-2015, 12:43 AM
I guessed you erased this but, you make things up in your head dude. If you can find or quote when I said you were a Lebron hater. I will leave PSD forever, if you can't...then just humbly walk away and never try me again.

Secondly, I agree with all your points. For you to bring those up as if I don't believe them, just adds to how much of this is in your own little melon.

Seriously, how many times do I have to tell you that Curry and Harden are lead for MVP. Wouldn't someone with half a brain conclude that i don't think Lebron is having the best season this year. Damn dude!

I didn't erase anything; i just added to it. And you implied I was a LeBron hater because you said I should join Tredigs (who you said hates LeBron). So if that's enough for you to leave PSD, then guess what? I don't care. Let's just stop, okay. No need to drag this along.

IKnowHoops
01-28-2015, 12:51 AM
I didn't erase anything; i just added to it. And you implied I was a LeBron hater because you said I should join Tredigs (who you said hates LeBron). So if that's enough for you to leave PSD, then guess what? I don't care. Let's just stop, okay. No need to drag this along.

Dude your really need to stop trying to connect dots. Ive read plenty of your posts. I know you are not a Lebron hater just as much as you know I'm not a Lebron Hater.

And to brin you clarity on exactly what I was saying.

You said "everyone calls me a Lebron homer" and you agreed with that.

So I named the guys who say that. You lumped yourself with them when you said you agreed. You were one of them. I never insinuated you were a Bron hater any more than you said you were a Lebron hater when you agreed with those dudes. Common now man.

mRc08
01-28-2015, 01:19 AM
This thread is awful Jesus. Straight up people calling each other out and tracking history. I understand the frustration of troll posters questioning your basketball knowledge/opinion. But letting it get to you is almost worse. Post your thoughts and move on lol. This thread is so reminiscent of the NBA form during the heat era. I'm sure I'll get my own criticism for not contributing to the thread myself in this post, but how can I even begin to express an opinion with this going on. smh. These personal battles should be taken up with PM's tbh and not put on public display, or deleted by mods so its easier to sift through the bs.

FlashBolt
01-28-2015, 01:23 AM
Dude your really need to stop trying to connect dots. Ive read plenty of your posts. I know you are not a Lebron hater just as much as you know I'm not a Lebron Hater.

And to brin you clarity on exactly what I was saying.

You said "everyone calls me a Lebron homer" and you agreed with that.

So I named the guys who say that. You lumped yourself with them when you said you agreed. You were one of them. I never insinuated you were a Bron hater any more than you said you were a Lebron hater when you agreed with those dudes. Common now man.

"Speak for yourself dude. You need help. You need to have other people help you to be right. If you want to jump in with Amos/Jerell/and everyone with a Kobe picture than go ahead, but you sound sad with this. Fight your own battles. Be a man about it. "Everyone" is another lie and from your mouth. I know it will not be the last. Tre hates Lebron so align yourself with him as well. Still pathetic the way you have handled yourself here though. You won't here me lying or trying to say "everyone" to help validate myself."

this is what you wrote. directly implies that I hate LeBron. Therefore, I ask, what do you choose to do?

IKnowHoops
01-28-2015, 01:53 AM
"Speak for yourself dude. You need help. You need to have other people help you to be right. If you want to jump in with Amos/Jerell/and everyone with a Kobe picture than go ahead, but you sound sad with this. Fight your own battles. Be a man about it. "Everyone" is another lie and from your mouth. I know it will not be the last. Tre hates Lebron so align yourself with him as well. Still pathetic the way you have handled yourself here though. You won't here me lying or trying to say "everyone" to help validate myself."

this is what you wrote. directly implies that I hate LeBron. Therefore, I ask, what do you choose to do?

I can see how you made the assumption. But in my mind, Tre hating Lebron was the reason for him calling me a homer. This post was in reply to you saying everyone calls me a homer and you agree. I was lumping you in with people that think Im a lebron Homer. I was saying Tre hates Lebron as the reason he calls me a Lebron homer. I lumped you in with him because you agree that Im a homer, not because you hate Lebron. But again I see how you could of taken it. But I never said You are a Lebron Hater. If I thought that, I would of said that. I never thought that, and I never said that.

IKnowHoops
01-28-2015, 01:58 AM
Flashpoint I have actually never disagreed with anything you have said about Lebron and I have been on many threads with you. I know you like Lebron. Never meant to come across as accusing you of hating Bron. There is no way I could not know that you like Lebron.

FlashBolt
01-28-2015, 02:01 AM
I can see how you made the assumption. But in my mind, Tre hating Lebron was the reason for him calling me a homer. This post was in reply to you saying everyone calls me a homer and you agree. I was lumping you in with people that think Im a lebron Homer. I was saying Tre hates Lebron as the reason he calls me a Lebron homer. I lumped you in with him because you agree that Im a homer, not because you hate Lebron. But again I see how you could of taken it. But I never said You are a Lebron Hater. If I thought that, I would of said that. I never thought that, and I never said that.

Flashpoint I have actually never disagreed with anything you have said about Lebron and I have been on many threads with you. I know you like Lebron. Never meant to come across as accusing you of hating Bron. There is no way I could not know that you like Lebron.

Fair enough. I don't even care anymore. This warriors vs Bulls game is amazing right now.

IKnowHoops
01-28-2015, 02:10 AM
3) LeBron whines a lot.

I just love how you think me and Jerell are tagteaming on you like this is a handicap wrestling match or something. Jerell may hate Lebron but it doesn't mean everything he says about him is false. It's just you who thinks it is.. Tredigs is genuinely a top 5 poster. He's up there with Chronz/hawkeye/jeffy IMO. so to say I'm calling him out for hating LeBron? Lmao, sometimes my appreciation of LeBrons game does get to me but he has a point more-so than not. You on the other hand just run around with a LeBron foam finger and you probably have a Lebron desktop wallpaper as well. I think it's best if we both just drop it. We agree on some aspects and disagree on others. Nothing wrong with that. Have a nice day.

I don't take Jerellh seriously. I didn't feel tag teamed at all. I didn't see the two of you aligned in any way. No one is thinking about Jerellh. Trust me. His name was only brought up in my post to show you who "everyone who thinks I'm a Bron Homer" included. I admit I Bron is my favorite player. But like a lot of what Ive said today, you have interpreted it to mean something it really doesn't.

IKnowHoops
01-28-2015, 02:13 AM
Fair enough. I don't even care anymore. This warriors vs Bulls game is amazing right now.

Was about to check it out then saw it was over. Glad the sorry east represented.

IKnowHoops
01-28-2015, 02:17 AM
Without Jimmy too. No dunleavy. Heard GS went 0-16 from 3 at some point though.