PDA

View Full Version : Hassan Whiteside just posted a triple double (Points, Rebounds Blocks)

Cal827
01-25-2015, 04:20 PM
The Game is near its completion (likely Heat win) but late in the 4th:

14 Points
13 Rebounds
12 Blocks

Some of these blocks have come out of nowhere. It's absolutely incredible how he's played. Playing like the Center the Heat had hoped for when Lebron was there too. Do you guys think that the Heat have a guy inside for the future? Cause if he keeps this up for the season, then he'll probably get a huge contract when he hits the market.

Also, I know there was a Whiteside thread made earlier, so if the Mods want, go ahead and merge this tread in the original thread (sorry, I missed it).

Edit: One more Block :laugh2:

JLynn943
01-25-2015, 04:22 PM
I have no idea if he can keep this up, but this is pretty nuts.

12 blocks now

Big Zo
01-25-2015, 04:22 PM
12 blocks now. Guy is looking like Shaq on offense, and Zo on defense.

goingfor28
01-25-2015, 04:24 PM
And Doc didn't even give him a tryout smh

Cal827
01-25-2015, 04:25 PM
LOL, seeing this, I'm royally Pissed that the Raptors didn't keep him after Summer League. He's pretty much what we needed on the inside :laugh2:

Great pick up Miami

camador22
01-25-2015, 04:28 PM
in only 24 minutes

J_M_B
01-25-2015, 04:30 PM
Riley wisely signed him to a two year deal as well

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 04:32 PM
He's a game changer for Miami with his length and he competes hard. He goes after everything. He wants to block every shot. Wade looked great too. Todays game could be a huge turning point for Miami.

JustinTime
01-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Masai Ujiri is F*cking idiot, he had this guy on the summer league team but decided to sign Steisma instead lol. Ujiri is such an overrated GM he's hardly done anything for the Raptors besides a fluke trade which even he admits wasn't supposed to work out like it did. I don't even think he's responsible for anyone in the Raps starting 5 right now. DJ Augustine is another guy he messed up on by not get anything back.

Hardaway Here
01-25-2015, 04:58 PM
Just need the team to stay somewhat healthy so we can gain some consistency for the first time this season and then maybe we might be actually to make some noise in the playoffs. Consistency is key and we are sorely lacking that due to players being in and out of games. It's so frustrating. Oh and Granger is hot garbage.

jp611
01-25-2015, 05:14 PM
He won't last very long. Once he gets his payday, he'll go back to his foolish ways. Guys the biggest dunce in the NBA.

Big Zo
01-25-2015, 05:15 PM
He won't last very long. Once he gets his payday, he'll go back to his foolish ways. Guys the biggest dunce in the NBA.

^ Bulls fan. Lol

jp611
01-25-2015, 05:17 PM
^ Bulls fan. Lol

Yes, I am. I also have been saying this about Whiteside all season. Guy's a complete **** off. Once he gets paid, he'll go back to his old ways.

DillyDill
01-25-2015, 05:23 PM
Gr8 performance can't wait to see highlights

Goose17
01-25-2015, 05:25 PM
Yes, I am. I also have been saying this about Whiteside all season. Guy's a complete **** off.

Based on?

LanceUpperCut
01-25-2015, 05:27 PM
Masai Ujiri is F*cking idiot, he had this guy on the summer league team but decided to sign Steisma instead lol. Ujiri is such an overrated GM he's hardly done anything for the Raptors besides a fluke trade which even he admits wasn't supposed to work out like it did. I don't even think he's responsible for anyone in the Raps starting 5 right now. DJ Augustine is another guy he messed up on by not get anything back.

Your consistent knee jerking reactions are always hilarious.

Hardaway Here
01-25-2015, 05:28 PM
Yes, I am. I also have been saying this about Whiteside all season. Guy's a complete **** off. Once he gets paid, he'll go back to his old ways.

So much bitterness in this post

lamzoka
01-25-2015, 05:30 PM
" I'm just trying to go up on my 2K ratings" -Hassan Whiteside-

WaDe03
01-25-2015, 05:31 PM
Don't count the Heat out yet they've been slowly putting it together the past couple weeks. Now that we have everyone playin hopefully it stays this way.

WaDe03
01-25-2015, 05:34 PM

Every Bulls fan is so bitter about anything involving the Heat. It's comical but it's because they can't get past the Heat in the playoffs ever since we got Wade so I somewhat understand.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-25-2015, 05:36 PM
unreal

lamzoka
01-25-2015, 05:39 PM
I don't know if he's this good, or he's just having a "linsanity" moment

JustinTime
01-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Your consistent knee jerking reactions are always hilarious.

This is basically Collangelo's team with a better bench. I just hate how patient Ujiri is the Raptors have glaring holes that even a casual fan could see and he sits there doing nothing. He could at least trade Jonas so I don't have to watch him feel sorry for himself anymore when he does an air ball dunk.

Big Zo
01-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Haha, ok. Just worry about Rose being ok for his future meetings, and not so much about Whiteside.

JustinTime
01-25-2015, 05:49 PM
The Heat are dumb too though they had this guy benched the past 2 games.

Hardaway Here
01-25-2015, 05:56 PM

He was injured Smh.

jp611
01-25-2015, 06:17 PM

Yes, I'm so very bitter of the 20-24 Miami Heat. Nailed it.

jp611
01-25-2015, 06:19 PM
Every Bulls fan is so bitter about anything involving the Heat. It's comical but it's because they can't get past the Heat in the playoffs ever since we got Wade so I somewhat understand.

Like the time the defending champs were swept. Yep, can't get past the Heat. Good luck this year. Without Lebron, you guys are nothing. It's hilarity.

Hardaway Here
01-25-2015, 06:28 PM
Like the time the defending champs were swept. Yep, can't get past the Heat. Good luck this year. Without Lebron, you guys are nothing. It's hilarity.

The bitterness is real

jp611
01-25-2015, 06:33 PM
The bitterness is real

Miami fans can't even have discussion without the words "hate" or "bitter"

If you don't know anything about why Hassan Whiteside was a bust, then I'm sorry. But his attitude is what got him to this point. He's already acting like a complete buffoon with his limited success... So it's only going to get worse with the guy. Enjoy your triple-double in a regular season game though.

Hardaway Here
01-25-2015, 06:36 PM

If you don't know anything about why Hassan Whiteside was a bust, then I'm sorry. But his attitude is what got him to this point. He's already acting like a complete buffoon with his limited success... So it's only going to get worse with the guy. Enjoy your triple-double in a regular season game though.

Lol there is no discussion to be had. Trying to have a reasonable discussion with you would be pointless. This thread was for giving a young man recognition for the biggest game of his career statistically. You come here and just start bashing him, the Heat, and their fans.

jp611
01-25-2015, 06:40 PM
Lol there is no discussion to be had. Trying to have a reasonable discussion with you would be pointless. This thread was for giving a young man recognition for the biggest game of his career statistically. You come here and just start bashing him, the Heat, and their fans.

I came here giving my opinion of the guy (an honest and reasonable opinion) and I never bashed the Heat "fans" until I heard the word "bitter" and said another fact about how Heat fans are unable to have reasonable discussions.

PurpleLynch
01-25-2015, 06:44 PM
Great game. Hope it's not some kind of Linsanity,he looks awesome right now. If Miami nail this one,just bow to Riley. He has a piece to rebuild maybe.

Hardaway Here
01-25-2015, 06:45 PM
I came here giving my opinion of the guy (an honest and reasonable opinion) and I never bashed the Heat "fans" until I heard the word "bitter" and said another fact about how Heat fans are unable to have reasonable discussions.

Your opinion is based off of nothing the man hasn't played since 2011 and even up to that time he was in less than 20 games. How much can you judge someone off of that. Since coming to Heat he has had a stellar attitude and outstanding work ethic. So like I said before your post just sounds BITTER based off of that.

jp611
01-25-2015, 06:48 PM
Your opinion is based off of nothing the man hasn't played since 2011 and even up to that time he was in less than 20 games. How much can you judge someone off of that. Since coming to Heat he has had a stellar attitude and outstanding work ethic. So like I said before your post just sounds BITTER based off of that.

Like making a mockery of a top 5 C, or like blaming the Kings for his issues, or even blaming his current assistant head coach for ruining him in Sacramento. Seems like a great attitude to have around. :rolleyes:

Hardaway Here
01-25-2015, 06:52 PM
Like making a mockery of a top 5 C, or like blaming the Kings for his issues, or even blaming his current assistant head coach for ruining him in Sacramento. Seems like a great attitude to have around. :rolleyes:

None of that has been detrimental to his attitude within the Heat organization so please keep trying. He is a guy speaking his mind. He was passed up on. If more guys came back into the NBA trying to prove their doubters wrong like his continuing to do I'd wonder where they'd be.

Big Zo
01-25-2015, 06:52 PM

And by "benched", you mean he was hurt, and couldn't play.

jp611
01-25-2015, 06:54 PM
None of that has been detrimental to his attitude within the Heat organization so please keep trying. He is a guy speaking his mind. He was passed up on. If more guys came back into the NBA trying to prove their doubters wrong like his continuing to do I'd wonder where they'd be.

Translation: I'm a huge homer, and my team does no wrong.

NYKnickFanatic
01-25-2015, 06:54 PM
Translation: I'm a huge homer, and my team does no wrong.

Why even waste your time on them?

Shady66
01-25-2015, 07:06 PM
He's played really well in limited minutes so far. I told my boss about him last week and he was like who? I hope he can continue to play well, his length is ridiculous

J_M_B
01-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Why even waste your time on them?

As if he's any better than them?

Bring The Heat
01-25-2015, 07:42 PM
This guy is complaining about people calling him bitter or a hater... When everything he is saying is pretty much the defintion of bitterness or being labeled as a hater lol... Way to contradict yourself dude..

Hassan Whiteside is working hard and playing great on the court for the heat and everybody on this board is acknowledging it.. Then some dude comes in talking about his past how he will revert back to being lazy... LOL that is hating bro no way around it.. You hate being called a hater so stop making statements that are the definition of hating then you won't be called one. Pretty Simple

Bring The Heat
01-25-2015, 07:46 PM
Funny because if he was on your team and balling out like that I guarantee you that you wouldn't be saying all that crap... But since he plays for the heat it bothers the crap out of you

Stunner
01-25-2015, 07:48 PM
2k just made him a 77 overall

WaDe03
01-25-2015, 07:51 PM

With an injured Wade I almost forgot about that one but talk to me about every other time we've played y'all with Wade.

Chill out and enjoy your loss. Every team goes through a slump get over it. Y'all's overhyped Jimmy Butler was Wades ***** today and Whiteside made everyone on your team look stupid.

Like someone already said we've been injured all year but now were healthy and still looking to make a move or 2. Watch out your team is slipping and were on the come up after finding a shot blocker and rebounder.

Stunner
01-25-2015, 07:56 PM
Whiteside issues of him not being on teams were his attitude problems that even go back to his time at Marshall . Seems to be doing well so far on Miami but my only issue is I wish he didn't act like he's Been doing it his while career . I like confidence but not cockiness from a player who was basically labeled a bust a month ago . But power to him he prob feels a certain way rather it was the kings cutting him and to Doc saying he's not worth a try out . But for his sake in hope he keep the good Work up and not let his attitude ruin him .

Vee-Rex
01-25-2015, 07:57 PM
I heard Hassan Whiteside wanted a tryout with every team in the league but only the Heat gave him one.

It's way too early but if Whiteside plays well consistently then the Heat deserve him. What he's doing is pretty incredible and hats off to Riley and congrats to Heat fans on acquiring him.

Too many teams in the NBA have weaknesses in the paint to be turning down tryouts like that IMO.

Stunner
01-25-2015, 08:06 PM
I heard Hassan Whiteside wanted a tryout with every team in the league but only the Heat gave him one.

It's way too early but if Whiteside plays well consistently then the Heat deserve him. What he's doing is pretty incredible and hats off to Riley and congrats to Heat fans on acquiring him.

Too many teams in the NBA have weaknesses in the paint to be turning down tryouts like that IMO.

Talent should never overshadow character that's sending the wrong message . I can understand a team not wanting a knuckle head

Cal827
01-25-2015, 08:12 PM

Thanks for the first non-baiting comment in the past few pages Stunner & Rex :laugh2:

and I fully agree with this point. How many teams out there would we agree are pretty well set in the Paint? The only few teams that come to mind that might not have needed him are Indiana (Hibbert might suck offensively, but the advanced numbers show he's an elite rim protector), and maybe Chicago.

Imagine that he played as well as he is now, and was able to come off the Bench for a team like Memphis, allowing either Z-Bo or Gasol to rest (while the other stays as PF), or with New Orleans. Davis/Asik out, Anderson/Current Whitside as the immediate subs :drool:

Cal827
01-25-2015, 08:15 PM
Talent should never overshadow character that's sending the wrong message . I can understand a team not wanting a knuckle head

Agreed, however signing him would've been a lower risk I would think. If he created problems early, the team could just drop him. It's not like Bynum (where from what you have seen from him in previous years, might make you want to keep him on the team, despite the headaches cause you know what he could do).

jp611
01-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Funny because if he was on your team and balling out like that I guarantee you that you wouldn't be saying all that crap... But since he plays for the heat it bothers the crap out of you

Thibs wouldn't allow him to **** off and act like a huge *** clown. So nice try.

In fact, we signed Nazr Mohammed instead of signing Whiteside... Probably because Nazr isn't lazy or an *** bag.

jp611
01-25-2015, 08:46 PM
Whiteside issues of him not being on teams were his attitude problems that even go back to his time at Marshall . Seems to be doing well so far on Miami but my only issue is I wish he didn't act like he's Been doing it his while career . I like confidence but not cockiness from a player who was basically labeled a bust a month ago . But power to him he prob feels a certain way rather it was the kings cutting him and to Doc saying he's not worth a try out . But for his sake in hope he keep the good Work up and not let his attitude ruin him .

Hater!

justinnum1
01-25-2015, 09:08 PM
Thibs wouldn't allow him to **** off and act like a huge *** clown. So nice try.

In fact, we signed Nazr Mohammed instead of signing Whiteside... Probably because Nazr isn't lazy or an *** bag.

So salty lol.

jp611
01-25-2015, 09:10 PM
So salty lol.

Yes, I'm so salty of a 20-24 team because they have a C who is worse than our top 5 C.

Caught me.

Cal827
01-25-2015, 09:12 PM
^ Do you really feel it's necessary to be a Jack*** in this thread?

We get it, you don't believe he's going to last long as a viable player. That brings up another debate.

To the non-trolls, do you think that Whitesides game is here to stay, or do you think it's going to go once he gets a bigger contract? I belive that someone here said he was signed for two years, so it doesn't appear that he can rest easy after this season.

jp611
01-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Having legitimate concerns about a knucklehead = trolling now.

Can we ban that stupid *** overused word around here?

naps
01-25-2015, 09:28 PM
What a game.The amount of efforts and confidence this guy has been playing with is insane. Let's hope this is not another insanity.

Yes, I'm so salty of a 20-24 team because they have a C who is worse than our top 5 C.

Caught me.

I don't understand where this attitude thing is coming from. So what he had bad attitude? He seems to be turning it around. People can't improve their character? What the hell are you trying to prove here? Every single post you made in this thread has one very specific tone. Don't assume people are dumb and you are the only smart one here.

jp611
01-25-2015, 09:31 PM
People can improve their character. But when you're blaming your old (and current) coaches about your past failures, people are going to have a hard time believing that you've improved your character.

And the way he acted today after the game and during his presser. He's a clown, I highly doubt he's improved his character if this is the way he's acting. And if this is an improvement, yikes...

... Cue the "salty" "bitter" "hater" posts.

Corey
01-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Cant teach timing, and the guy has it. He's 25. I'd take him on the C's any day of the week, whether he's an airhead or not.

DaBear
01-25-2015, 09:46 PM

Do you not remember the Bulls sweeping the Heat in 07? Oh probably not because you became a fan in 2011.

WaDe03
01-25-2015, 09:48 PM
People can improve their character. But when you're blaming your old (and current) coaches about your past failures, people are going to have a hard time believing that you've improved your character.

And the way he acted today after the game and during his presser. He's a clown, I highly doubt he's improved his character if this is the way he's acting. And if this is an improvement, yikes...

... Cue the "salty" "bitter" "hater" posts.

Salty bitter hater.

DaBear
01-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Reading through this thread, it's no wonder Heat fans have such a bad rep. They act like they're still the best team in the East. Whiteside has a good game and they think they can take the Bulls in the playoffs :laugh2:

WaDe03
01-25-2015, 09:52 PM

He'd allow him to do whatever he wanted if he played like this but he'd probably run him into the ground like he has Noah and Butler.

What a great move by the Bulls organization for signing Nazr over Whiteside. What were his number today and for the season? He must be playing great.

WaDe03
01-25-2015, 09:54 PM

Caught me.

Who's your top 5 C?

WaDe03
01-25-2015, 09:58 PM
Reading through this thread, it's no wonder Heat fans have such a bad rep. They act like they're still the best team in the East. Whiteside has a good game and they think they can take the Bulls in the playoffs :laugh2:

No one would've said anything negative about the Bulls if that dude didn't come in here bashing Whiteside and the Heat because he's mad about the L.

We coasted to a win against y'all today anything can happen in the playoffs. We have championship proven players. You're too cocky about the Bulls considering they've had no success since Jordan and look like they're falling apart.

Gene2420
01-25-2015, 10:00 PM
He's a cleanup guy. A good one at that.

DaBear
01-25-2015, 10:20 PM
No one would've said anything negative about the Bulls if that dude didn't come in here bashing Whiteside and the Heat because he's mad about the L.

We coasted to a win against y'all today anything can happen in the playoffs. We have championship proven players. You're too cocky about the Bulls considering they've had no success since Jordan and look like they're falling apart.

Not cocky at all. Just find it funny fans of a 20-24 team are talking us down like they're past success has any relevance to this years teams.

Also find it ironic that the same fans who used to say regular season games don't matter are here talking crap after a regular season win.

Not worried about your 20-24 team. Sorry if that offends you.

Hardaway Here
01-25-2015, 10:31 PM
Not cocky at all. Just find it funny fans of a 20-24 team are talking us down like they're past success has any relevance to this years teams.

Also find it ironic that the same fans who used to say regular season games don't matter are here talking crap after a regular season win.

Like I told your fellow Bull fan. I only called him bitter because the original post I responded to of his entailed such you can check if you want. You can't tell me it doesn't sound bitter. I don't get hype over one game especially in the regular season. I'm just happy that this guy has been the main consistent piece of ours all year. He has been getting better every game. This thread was to talk about his best one yet. I've been saying it since I've seen his rise in play. If we can gain some consistency as a whole we might be able to make a little noise come playoff time. I wouldn't be surprised if injuries hit us again though. I never once talked down to any fan of any team or reminded them of past success with a different roster. Hassan is the here and now. I'm just trying to remain hopeful for the present and future.

WaDe03

Doesn't offend me at all I'm just saying watch out were starting to click.

naps

I haven't seen anywhere him blaming Keith Smart (I am guessing that's who you are talking about) for his failures. He was a second round pick and coming out of college he was never projected as good as he is doing now. I still remember his scouting report which was basically "blocks shots and nothing else."

That's your opinion. He was acting fine. Why don't you make your points instead of throwing out random opinions that actually sound like the tone of a sore individual.

goingfor28
01-25-2015, 11:30 PM
Jp straight trolling heat fans in this thread lol
Whiteside had been balling and a great great great pickup for the heat. Bet there are 20 or more other teams who wish they gave him a shot

Silent
01-25-2015, 11:58 PM
he's the new Jeremy Lin for this season

Stunner
01-26-2015, 12:35 AM
Naw they compared Whiteside to Marcus Camby coming out of school . He was suppose to sneak into the lotto and fell

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 12:46 AM
As I read through this thread, it has tones of hate and bitterness. I watched the game and Whiteside was getting to everything. If you think you have a top 5 Center thats great. He may be, but Whiteside just abused him. Whiteside abused everyone who came to the rim. Whiteside did exactly what you want your big man to do today. He played awesome and anyone with two eyes could see that. He did things that no big man on the bulls could ever do. He was blocking shots like Drob today. This thread reminds me of the Klay Thompson thread where you always have a few guys that say something bad about unbelievable performance. Whenever you talk negatively about a performance like this, its hating. The heat have guys who can score, guys that can drive, guys that can shoot. They had no inside presence at all and maybe Whiteside found his perfect situation and its a perfect fit for him and the Heat. Chauncy bill ups was crap on the T wolves and Celtics for his first couple years, then he became a beast and a champion. Sometimes the needs of certain teams don't fit what players can actually do. It just so happens that Whiteside does EXACTLY what the heat need. This guy deserves his props. he's been playing well, and today we saw what he is capable of. Those long arms aren't shrinking. Its not like he got hot and can never get hot again. He was doing things that his physical body allows him to do and will continue to allow him to do. I like him on the Heat, and he will help them, and hurt anyone who plays against him. Seriously stop hating. Just because he didn't work on your team, or didn't mesh with your coach, doesn't mean anything to the Heat players, coaches or organization. Has zero baring.

Bring The Heat
01-26-2015, 12:51 AM
As I read through this thread, it has tones of hate and bitterness. I watched the game and Whiteside was getting to everything. If you think you have a top 5 Center thats great. He may be, but Whiteside just abused him. Whiteside abused everyone who came to the rim. Whiteside did exactly what you want your big man to do today. He played awesome and anyone with two eyes could see that. He did things that no big man on the bulls could ever do. He was blocking shots like Drob today. This thread reminds me of the Klay Thompson thread where you always have a few guys that say something bad about unbelievable performance. Whenever you talk negatively about a performance like this, its hating. The heat have guys who can score, guys that can drive, guys that can shoot. They had no inside presence at all and maybe Whiteside found his perfect situation and its a perfect fit for him and the Heat. Chauncy bill ups was crap on the T wolves and Celtics for his first couple years, then he became a beast and a champion. Sometimes the needs of certain teams don't fit what players can actually do. It just so happens that Whiteside does EXACTLY what the heat need. This guy deserves his props. he's been playing well, and today we saw what he is capable of. Those long arms aren't shrinking. Its not like he got hot and can never get hot again. He was doing things that his physical body allows him to do and will continue to allow him to do. I like him on the Heat, and he will help them, and hurt anyone who plays against him. Seriously stop hating. Just because he didn't work on your team, or didn't mesh with your coach, doesn't mean anything to the Heat players, coaches or organization. Has zero baring.

good post

Bring The Heat
01-26-2015, 12:55 AM

If you woulda read carefully and correctly you woulda seen the other bulls fan who just came in to bash Whiteside after his performance and pretty much taking a dump on your team today with a triple double... Already several non-heat fans have already noticed the bitter tone from that guy.. Instead of saying hey Whiteside had a nice game and seems like a great player however I do have some concerns regarding his character because of his history but it looks like he is turning it around... thats called making an opinion without sounding like a bitter *** hater.. The guy did not acknowlege whatsoever his recent success and todays game.. When all you look at is the negative sorry homie but you sound bitter and you will be labeled a hater... LOL why get mad being called a hater when thats exactly what you are doing?

Nobody here thinks the Heat are better than the bulls right now obviously... And one win doesn't mean anything except for our record improving to 20 wins.. What the other guy was saying is that our record is not indicative of how good our roster can be.. We've had guys in and out and injuries messing up the flow... Guys are healthy now and with Whiteside emerging we can make some noise... That's all what he was trying to imply.

Bring The Heat
01-26-2015, 01:00 AM
Chicago Fan: "All heat fans say is that we are haters and we are bitter"..

Bulls fan after Hassan Whiteside's triple double and ******** all over their team: The guy is an *** bag and will go back to being a prick once he achieves success... Dude is a clown!!

I'm sorry can somebody explain to me the definition of bitterness and being a hater? Because that right there is a perfect example...

JustinTime
01-26-2015, 01:05 AM
And by "benched", you mean he was hurt, and couldn't play.

What injury would allow him to post the stats he did after sitting for two games? Whatever it was seem pretty weak or made up.

Stunner
01-26-2015, 01:15 AM
What injury would allow him to post the stats he did after sitting for two games? Whatever it was seem pretty weak or made up.

Ankle

blahblahyoutoo
01-26-2015, 01:20 AM

he's no javale mcgee, c'mon now.

WaDe03
01-26-2015, 01:52 AM

Mild sprained ankle that happened against OKC. We lost but were up 9 before he got hurt. That's why were so high on him because he makes us better in every way and we kill teams with him in the game.

Cal827
01-26-2015, 02:05 AM
Hellcrooner Spotted viewing the thread!

Also, I'm sorry for bringing this thread up. Didn't expect the bait-fest lol

LakersIn5
01-26-2015, 02:53 AM
Why are bulls fan hating on whiteside and insulting the heat? I even saw someone insult the heat's record wtf? So much arrogance from fans of a team that hasnt won a championship since 98.

Hardaway Here
01-26-2015, 03:30 AM
Why are bulls fan hating on whiteside and insulting the heat? I even saw someone insult the heat's record wtf? So much arrogance from fans of a team that hasnt won a championship since 98.

LeBron is gone so they think we shouldn't have anything to cheer about. Every game this kid has been in I've seen nothing but improvement. We might of had a little win streak possibly going into this game if he didn't get hurt. So I'm just hoping we can stay healthy and see where that takes us.

Also by "they" I mean the bitter bull fans not all bulls fans. Believe or not we can tell the difference.

Goose17
01-26-2015, 08:51 AM
If you woulda read carefully and correctly you woulda seen the other bulls fan who just came in to bash Whiteside after his performance and pretty much taking a dump on your team today with a triple double... Already several non-heat fans have already noticed the bitter tone from that guy.. Instead of saying hey Whiteside had a nice game and seems like a great player however I do have some concerns regarding his character because of his history but it looks like he is turning it around... thats called making an opinion without sounding like a bitter *** hater.. The guy did not acknowlege whatsoever his recent success and todays game.. When all you look at is the negative sorry homie but you sound bitter and you will be labeled a hater... LOL why get mad being called a hater when thats exactly what you are doing?

Nobody here thinks the Heat are better than the bulls right now obviously... And one win doesn't mean anything except for our record improving to 20 wins.. What the other guy was saying is that our record is not indicative of how good our roster can be.. We've had guys in and out and injuries messing up the flow... Guys are healthy now and with Whiteside emerging we can make some noise... That's all what he was trying to imply.

Why can't fans from every team make level headed posts like this^ ?

jp611
01-26-2015, 09:11 AM
Not one post from a Heat fan without the word "troll" "bitter" "salty" or "hater"

:laugh:

WadeCounty
01-26-2015, 09:20 AM
Honestly the bulls fans didn't say anything wrong until heat fans started baiting. Respect others opinions and move on.

jp611
01-26-2015, 09:29 AM
Honestly the bulls fans didn't say anything wrong until heat fans started baiting. Respect others opinions and move on.

Thank you. There's legitimate concerns about Whiteside. He played a great game yesterday and has done well in a small sample size... However it's a small sample size and he still acting like a knucklehead

goingfor28
01-26-2015, 09:31 AM
Not one post from a Heat fan without the word "troll" "bitter" "salty" or "hater"

Bc all of those words describe precisely the way you have acted in this entire thread.

archdevil84
01-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Thank you. There's legitimate concerns about Whiteside. He played a great game yesterday and has done well in a small sample size... However it's a small sample size and he still acting like a knucklehead

hopefully this is the point where he turns it around then. the past month with miami he's been acting pretty normal and playing pretty good for a team that was desperately looking for a big who can protect the paint.

jp611
01-26-2015, 09:39 AM

goingfor28
01-26-2015, 10:26 AM

Vinylman
01-26-2015, 12:58 PM
Riley wisely signed him to a two year deal as wellhttp://financenot.com/image/images/23.gifhttp://financenot.com/image/images/40.gif

He did? Most places I have looked show it as a 1 year deal with one site saying he has a QO for next year? Is that just another way of saying they have a team option.

As for the game, he looked real good. As to whether his performance is replicable over time... who knows... he is definitely in the right place on a veteran team with players that won't put up with nonsense...

Bring The Heat
01-26-2015, 01:25 PM

See atleast in that statement you acknowlege the great game he had and the success hes had in a small sample size then stated your opinion after... That is respectable...

However when a thread is made about a player having a triple double and the first thing that comes out of your mouth is:

Especially coming from a Bulls fans notorious for not liking any Heat fans.. It makes you sound bitter and hence the term "hater"... So you get it now? You understand why you were called that? Ok good.

HiphopRelated
01-26-2015, 03:37 PM
he's the new Jeremy Lin for this season

Whiteside's hype is 100% based around his game, Lin's hype was half game/ half Chinese

When Whiteside wakes up tomorrow, he's still 7 feet tall with a wingspan only rivaled by Gobbert and elite timing on blocks and a nose for boards.

The type of length below isn't going to evaporate, dude was built in a test tube to protect the paint

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/e15/10894886_1537899079792903_351692634_n.jpg

Lord Leoshes
01-26-2015, 08:12 PM
the salt is strong with this 1.

Lord Leoshes
01-26-2015, 09:00 PM
Hassan Whiteside 23Pts, 16Reb, 2Blk vs LAC (2015.01.10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&x-yt-ts=1421914688&feature=player_embedded&v=cLyQPHfuzmw

Hassan Whiteside Full Highlights vs Nets (2015.01.04) - 11 Pts, 10 Reb, 5 Blks, OUTTA NOWHERE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-9JGp31oqI

Hassan Whiteside Career High 14 Points/5 Dunks Full Highlights (1/3/2015)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&x-yt-ts=1421914688&feature=player_embedded&v=TS2059GQPto

InRoseWeTrust
01-26-2015, 09:30 PM
Hassan Whiteside 23Pts, 16Reb, 2Blk vs LAC (2015.01.10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&x-yt-ts=1421914688&feature=player_embedded&v=cLyQPHfuzmw

Hassan Whiteside Full Highlights vs Nets (2015.01.04) - 11 Pts, 10 Reb, 5 Blks, OUTTA NOWHERE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-9JGp31oqI

Fair enough, but I could just as easily post box scores for two games where the guy looked completely lost.

For the record, I'm not saying he's bad or a flash in the pan or anything. He's obviously put some fantastic games together and has been a big surprise this year. My problem with crowning him right now is sample size. He's played in 18 games this year, and by a rough look at his game log, he's had a meaningful impact in about 10-11 of them. He's going to need to show me more than 11/18 games of productivity before I start taking the "he's our C for the next 10 years" type comments seriously.

naps
01-26-2015, 09:33 PM

May be you should stop skipping posts where it asked you to verify your claims (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?884274-Hassan-Whiteside-just-posted-a-triple-double-%28Points-Rebounds-Blocks%29&p=29559521#post29559521)?

naps
01-26-2015, 09:48 PM
Fair enough, but I could just as easily post box scores for two games where the guy looked completely lost.

For the record, I'm not saying he's bad or a flash in the pan or anything. He's obviously put some fantastic games together and has been a big surprise this year. My problem with crowning him right now is sample size. He's played in 18 games this year, and by a rough look at his game log, he's had a meaningful impact in about 10-11 of them. He's going to need to show me more than 11/18 games of productivity before I start taking the "he's our C for the next 10 years" type comments seriously.

None here made such ridiculous claims as far as I read this thread. Why people that making negative comments here are ONLY the bulls fans? This thread was not even made by a Heat fan, it was a rap fan. People here are just appreciating a young man who finally seems to put some great games together after being bounced around for 3/4 years in and out of the league.

Lord Leoshes
01-26-2015, 10:50 PM
That last ripple effect matters most. With Whiteside behind them, perimeter defenders can be more aggressive. Miami has held 10 of its last 11 opponents below their season shooting percentage, which is tremendous for a defense that allowed the third-highest field goal percentage in the league prior to this run.

Before Whiteside emerged as a rim protector, the Heat concentrated on barricading the paint rather than pressing opponents on the outside. They were giving up 42.7 percent on mid-range jumpers (fourth-worst) and 37.2 on 3s (fifth-worst) through Jan. 3. Since then, Miami has had the best mid-range defense in the league at 30.2 percent shooting and is No. 2 in 3-point defense at 29.7 percent.

Over those same splits, the team went from fifth-worst in defensive efficiency (points allowed per 100 possessions) at 107.2 to third-best at 94.3.

Dat impact. http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sport ... sports_sfp

WOwolfOL
01-26-2015, 11:01 PM
Whiteside's hype is 100% based around his game, Lin's hype was half game/ half Chinese

When Whiteside wakes up tomorrow, he's still 7 feet tall with a wingspan only rivaled by Gobbert and elite timing on blocks and a nose for boards.

The type of length below isn't going to evaporate, dude was built in a test tube to protect the paint

http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/t51.2885-15/e15/10894886_1537899079792903_351692634_n.jpg
What a bum. I grow a few inches overnight every day

InRoseWeTrust
01-26-2015, 11:49 PM
None here made such ridiculous claims as far as I read this thread. Why people that making negative comments here are ONLY the bulls fans? This thread was not even made by a Heat fan, it was a rap fan. People here are just appreciating a young man who finally seems to put some great games together after being bounced around for 3/4 years in and out of the league.

Yeah, I didn't make any negative comments. My post started out by saying "He's obviously put some fantastic games together and has been a big surprise this year." That sounds pretty complimentary to me.

And I didn't say anyone said the other statement verbatim. I'm saying that type of sentiment, as in 'he has established himself as a legit center in this league', has certainly been expressed by some. My point is that it's premature to make that determination after 18 games of play this season

WaDe03
01-27-2015, 12:01 AM

True but a lot of his games he was just playing spot minutes here and there. The games he's started he's been great for the most part except for the Kings game off the top of my head where he was in foul trouble but we still won. OKC game where he got hurt he had 10 in like the first 6 minutes and we had a 9 point lead. It is a small sample size but he's made our team better defensively in every way by a wide margin and it helps he had really good hands on offense and can catch and finish unlike Joel Anthony lol.

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 12:07 AM
True but a lot of his games he was just playing spot minutes here and there. The games he's started he's been great for the most part except for the Kings game off the top of my head where he was in foul trouble but we still won. OKC game where he got hurt he had 10 in like the first 6 minutes and we had a 9 point lead. It is a small sample size but he's made our team better defensively in every way by a wide margin and it helps he had really good hands on offense and can catch and finish unlike Joel Anthony lol.

I totally get what you're saying. I see why Heat fans are so excited about him. I just haven't watched him play very much so can't comment on his defensive impact overall/hands.

justinnum1
01-27-2015, 12:25 AM
dem bulls fans so salty LOL

WOwolfOL
01-27-2015, 01:39 AM
dem bulls fans so salty LOL
It's one person

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 03:00 AM
Just wondering, does anyone have an example of a player that wasn't good, that put up numbers in the range of 15/10/12? Im sure there are, but for those who are dogging or don't believe in whiteside, are there any examples of some bums who have put up this type of game so that we may see a real life worst case scenario of what Whiteside may become. It seems like Mcgee should of put up a game like this

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 03:28 AM
Just wondering, does anyone have an example of a player that wasn't good, that put up numbers in the range of 15/10/12? Im sure there are, but for those who are dogging or don't believe in whiteside, are there any examples of some bums who have put up this type of game so that we may see a real life worst case scenario of what Whiteside may become. It seems like Mcgee should of put up a game like this

OK I did my own research. The worst players to have this type of game (blk/pts/reb) are

Javale Mcgee (12/11/12)
Manute Bol and Shawn Bradley (Both 7'6")
Marcus Camby (11/15/12)
Joakim (11/23/21)
Ben Wallace (10/12/19)
Jermaine Oneil (10/18/10)
Andre Kirilienko (10/15/14)
Andrew Bynum (10/10/13)
Larry Sanders (10/10/12)

OK so these are the worst players ever to have games like this. Obviously Shaq, Drob, Hakeem, Mutombo, Kareem, Eaton, Parish, and a few other great to legendary big men have done this a few times as well. But back to the worst players in history to do this...Id say the heat would be happy If Whiteside can become any of these guys. All of them are pretty solid big men. Bynum and Javale were pretty much derailed by injury. I mean from looking at this, Its pretty much a guarantee that Whiteside is at the very least going to be a solid big man and a dominant shot blocker in the paint. 95% of the time, guys that put up this kind of game end up being pretty good to great players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_players_wi th_most_blocks_in_a_game

sturm
01-27-2015, 05:52 AM
thank you for the post/research

Goose17
01-27-2015, 08:25 AM
OK I did my own research. The worst players to have this type of game (blk/pts/reb) are

Javale Mcgee (12/11/12)
Marcus Camby (11/15/12)
Joakim (11/23/21)
Ben Wallace (10/12/19)
Andrew Bynum (10/10/13)
Larry Sanders (10/10/12)

OK so these are the worst players ever to have games like this. Obviously Shaq, Drob, Hakeem, Mutombo, Kareem, Eaton, Parish, and a few other great to legendary big men have done this a few times as well. But back to the worst players in history to do this...Id say the heat would be happy If Whiteside can become any of these guys. All of them are pretty solid big men. Bynum and Javale were pretty much derailed by injury. I mean from looking at this, Its pretty much a guarantee that Whiteside is at the very least going to be a solid big man and a dominant shot blocker in the paint. 95% of the time, guys that put up this kind of game end up being pretty good to great players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_players_wi th_most_blocks_in_a_game

Injury history? McGee sucks because he's an idiot and has a terribly low basketball I.Q he also lacks fundamentals and relies solely on his freakish athleticism.

Outside of that, interesting list.

Hardaway Here
01-27-2015, 09:51 AM

Javale Mcgee (12/11/12)
Marcus Camby (11/15/12)
Joakim (11/23/21)
Ben Wallace (10/12/19)
Andrew Bynum (10/10/13)
Larry Sanders (10/10/12)

I really see nothing but upside for Whiteside. It's not like he really had a chance to grow in the NBA before which was his own fault. Now I feel he is on the right track. He just has to keep it going and get the experience and see what that culminates to.

jp611
01-27-2015, 11:06 AM
Injury history? McGee sucks because he's an idiot and has a terribly low basketball I.Q he also lacks fundamentals and relies solely on his freakish athleticism.

Outside of that, interesting list.

Sounds like someone familiar...

justinnum1
01-27-2015, 11:23 AM
someone in here is mad that their team didn't find whiteside. Keep whining *****.

RCarlson85
01-27-2015, 11:35 AM

I have a feeling you wouldn't even be in this thread making comments if it weren't for the fact that the 20-24 Heat just embarrassed the Bulls at home on national TV with the help of a huge game from Whiteside. I would say that bitter perfectly describes you trying to belittle the success (including his historic triple double against the Bulls) that he's currently having. I hope it helps you cope and sleep better at night though.

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 11:38 AM
Just stop, guys. There's obviously bitterness and trolling coming from both sides.

Kashmir13579
01-27-2015, 11:47 AM
I love stories like this.

RCarlson85
01-27-2015, 11:50 AM

Are we supposed to be impressed by that? Your two statements contradict each other. First you say that Thibs would be able to control him but then you say they signed Nazr instead of him. If a team was able to manage whatever personality flaws he may have then they certainly wouldn't take Nazr over him. It's ok, you can just admit that the Bulls and every other team in the league messed up by not even giving him a shot.

naps
01-27-2015, 11:53 AM

Derrick Rose? Good guess. I will add the fact that he is not even interested in playing basketball anymore. I would be terribly sad if my franchise player was that.

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Derrick Rose? Good guess. I will add the fact that he is not even interested in playing basketball anymore. I would be terribly sad if my franchise player was that.

**** like this is why you guys lose credibility when you attempt to call someone out for being bitter/trolling.

Cal827
01-27-2015, 11:56 AM

Yup, I don't know why we don't rip into LeBron as much as we do we Mcgee.

jp611
01-27-2015, 11:57 AM

You mad?

RCarlson85
01-27-2015, 12:00 PM
Having legitimate concerns about a knucklehead = trolling now.

Can we ban that stupid *** overused word around here?

Yeah because when someone's 20 years old they've reached their peak in maturity. They definitely can't grow up after that point. He's put in his time and obviously worked hard over the past few years whether it's been in the D-League or overseas. If he wasn't putting in the work he certainly wouldn't have gotten this chance now. As shocking as it may seem, it is possible for someone to change and grow up. I have no problem with him calling out the Kings or people that wouldn't even give him a tryout. If that's what's motivated him, good for him.

RCarlson85
01-27-2015, 12:08 PM

Dude, he rolled his ankle pretty bad against the Thunder last Tuesday night. He didn't come back in that game and missed the games on Wed and Fri. He had a sprained ankle but not serious enough to cause him to miss more than a few games. Believe me, if they could have had him play against the Thunder and Hornets they would have. We lost to the Hornets by one basket even though we got abused on the offensive glass. He would have made the difference in that game. Have you never seen an injury like that before in the NBA?

diu9leilomo
01-27-2015, 12:27 PM
this thread summary:

heat fans think they strike gold,
other team are salty because their GM missed out on him

Hardaway Here
01-27-2015, 12:29 PM
**** like this is why you guys lose credibility when you attempt to call someone out for being bitter/trolling.

I don't see how you lose credibility when you're stating a fact. Just saying. I will say the only thing I'm truly bitter about this season is the lack of consistency from the heat this season due to injury and the endless variations of rotations.

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 01:53 PM
I don't see how you lose credibility when you're stating a fact. Just saying. I will say the only thing I'm truly bitter about this season is the lack of consistency from the heat this season due to injury and the endless variations of rotations.

No, it's not a fact that Derrick Rose has no interest in playing basketball. That's an inference that is being drawn from a statement he made. If you can produce any sort of quote from Derrick where he says "I'm not even interested in playing basketball anymore", then it would become fact. Until that point, it's just people drawing hyperboles off of something he said to the media. And that is why people like you lose credibility.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 02:29 PM
thank you for the post/research

:cheers: Fo Sho

Lord Leoshes
01-27-2015, 02:31 PM

If you don't like what you are reading you can easily not click on the link, just like the rest of us do. No one here is forcing u to read it.

PS, if that individual did not talk down to every one here, then these people wouldn't have the need to defend themselves.

Dade County
01-27-2015, 02:34 PM
this thread summary:

heat fans think they strike gold,
other team are salty because their GM missed out on him

lol

& why so much negativity in here. Lets see if Whiteside shows up in the playoffs, if he does then all other fans should hate and HEAT fans begin to get cocky again...lmao!

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 02:37 PM
If you don't like what you are reading you can easily not click on the link, just like the rest of us do. No one here is forcing u to read it.

PS, if that individual did not talk down to every one here, then these people wouldn't have the need to defend themselves.

Two points here:

(1) Or, if I don't like what I'm reading, I have the right to comment on it, politely, as I did.

(2) My point was that you guys weren't defending yourselves. Defending yourselves would have been bringing the discussion back to Whiteside's accomplishments this season, which as I've already said are apparent. Instead, people resort to crap like twisting a quote from Derrick Rose, who by the way has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. That isn't 'defending' yourself. That's trolling.

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 02:37 PM
lol

& why so much negativity in here. Lets see if Whiteside shows up in the playoffs, if he does then all other fans should hate and HEAT fans begin to get cocky again...lmao!

:shrug:

Ty Fast
01-27-2015, 02:40 PM
12 blocks now. Guy is looking like Shaq on offense, and Zo on defense.

Lets not go that far

Lord Leoshes
01-27-2015, 03:00 PM
Two points here:

(1) Or, if I don't like what I'm reading, I have the right to comment on it, politely, as I did.

(2) My point was that you guys weren't defending yourselves. Defending yourselves would have been bringing the discussion back to Whiteside's accomplishments this season, which as I've already said are apparent. Instead, people resort to crap like twisting a quote from Derrick Rose, who by the way has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. That isn't 'defending' yourself. That's trolling.

1) If you are a person that enjoys arguing with people, then sure degrade yourself all u want bickering back & forth.
I find it childish but suit yourself.

2) you are wrong here. some troll keeps spewing hate, & these people are just defending themselves, & the player that they admire. (Whiteside) & every time they mention something good about him, the troll comes in to try & discredit him.

Why can't you & that troll just stop trying to piss on everyone else's parade?

Whitside doesn't even play for your team so, why cant you & the troll just let these good people enjoy their conversation with out the attacks?
They are not even talking about anyone on your team, so why do you have to but in on another teams conversation?

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 03:03 PM
1) If you are a person that enjoys arguing with people, then sure degrade yourself all u want bickering back & forth.
I find it childish but suit yourself.

2) you are wrong here. some troll keeps spewing hate, & these people are just defending themselves, & the player that they admire. (Whiteside) & if every time they mention something good about him, the troll comes in to try & discredit him.

Y can you & that troll just stop trying to piss on everyone else's parade?

Whitside doesn't even play for your team so, why cant you & the troll just let these good people enjoy their conversation with out the attacks?
They are not even talking about anyone on your team, so why do you have to but in on another teams conversation?

I'm forced to ask, have you literally read nothing I've posted? Like...honestly? What are you talking about? I've been nothing but complimentary towards Whiteside the entire time. You're so off base that I'm not sure sure what statements you're attributing to me. Do yourself a favor and read what I've actually written. I was part of the complimentary conversation about him, not trolling.

Secondly, yes, people are talking about people on my team, because somehow Rose got thrown into the discussion, which I why I said people were losing credibility when attacking the Bulls poster for trolling. And again, trashing Rose as a response to someone Whiteside trolling is not 'defending' yourself....it's just trolling back.

Lord Leoshes
01-27-2015, 03:12 PM
I'm forced to ask, have you literally read nothing I've posted? Like...honestly? What are you talking about? I've been nothing but complimentary towards Whiteside the entire time. You're so off base that I'm not sure sure what statements you're attributing to me. Do yourself a favor and read what I've actually written. I was part of the complimentary conversation about him, not trolling.

Secondly, yes, people are talking about people on my team, because somehow Rose got thrown into the discussion, which I why I said people were losing credibility when attacking the Bulls poster for trolling. And again, trashing Rose as a response to someone Whiteside trolling is not 'defending' yourself....it's just trolling back.

I did read your post, & I am not calling you the troll. its that other guy. you just keep defending him for whatever reason, so you whined up in the middle.

& about rose, he was only mentioned as a shot to the side of that troll for his comments.

If you would go back & read, you will see that rose was mentioned after the troll took another shot at whiteside.

& about it being defensive, or just trolling back? you have a point, but it is in peoples nature to retaliate when being insulted.

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 03:34 PM
I did read your post, & I am not calling you the troll. its that other guy. you just keep defending him for whatever reason, so you whined up in the middle.

& about rose, he was only mentioned as a shot to the side of that troll for his comments.

If you would go back & read, you will see that rose was mentioned after the troll took another shot at whiteside.

& about it being defensive, or just trolling back? you have a point, but it is in peoples nature to retaliate when being insulted.

I'm not defending any troll. That's the point you're missing. I'm saying don't troll a troll, because it only damages one's credibility.

Lord Leoshes
01-27-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm not defending any troll. That's the point you're missing. I'm saying don't troll a troll, because it only damages one's credibility.

I agree, that's why I have not replied to any of his post directly. it would be a waste of my time just feeding the troll.

But it is still annoying having someone bash the prayer you are complimenting.

in your case I really don't know why you are even on this thread, when its about complimenting a player that is not even on your team.
I myself never go to any thread about the bulls, or Knicks. why cause I don't like them, & all I would do is talk bad about them, so why bother going there & making myself seem childish??

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 03:58 PM
I agree, that's why I have not replied to any of his post directly. it would be a waste of my time just feeding the troll.

But it is still annoying having someone bash the prayer you are complimenting.

in your case I really don't know why you are even on this thread, when its about complimenting a player that is not even on your team.
I myself never go to any thread about the bulls, or Knicks. why cause I don't like them, & all I would do is talk bad about them, so why bother going there & making myself seem childish??

I'm on the thread because I wanted to discuss Hassan Whiteside and his bursting onto the scene. The fact that he's not on the Bulls means I shouldn't participate? Ok...

Big Zo
01-27-2015, 04:18 PM
Lets not go that far

Why not? I'm talking about in the moment. Zo never had 12 blocks in a game, and he's looking like a dominant force on offense.

Lord Leoshes
01-27-2015, 04:24 PM
I'm on the thread because I wanted to discuss Hassan Whiteside and his bursting onto the scene. The fact that he's not on the Bulls means I shouldn't participate? Ok...

No not at all, of course you can. as long as its a constructive conversation I don't see why not.
you've actually been very respectful. its only when you try to defend that guy that keeps spewing hate, that make you look a little biased.

just keep your conversation going & leave that guy alone & I don't see any problem with you giving your opinion.

Like I've been saying its that troll, not you.

archdevil84
01-27-2015, 04:41 PM
i'm just glad whiteside MIGHT turn out to be the exact defensive minded center that miami has been lacking the past few years. Hopefully they can turn their season around and play solid ball like they did early in the season...

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 04:47 PM
i'm just glad whiteside MIGHT turn out to be the exact defensive minded center that miami has been lacking the past few years. Hopefully they can turn their season around and play solid ball like they did early in the season...

Should also help Bosh out immensely now that he won't have to guard centers. he can go back to guarding guys his size or smaller.

naps
01-27-2015, 05:31 PM

Isn't it ironic that you haven't once quoted your fellow bulls troll in this thread but you kept on quoting who are retaliating your buddy? Stop acting innocent. People here aren't as dumb as you think they are. If you can't call out everyone equally then be at least genuine; acting as innocent won't win you anything on an internet forum.

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 05:39 PM
Isn't it ironic that you haven't once quoted your fellow bulls troll in this thread but you kept on quoting who are retaliating your buddy? Stop acting innocent. People here aren't as dumb as you think they are. If you can't call out everyone equally then be at least genuine; acting as innocent won't win you anything on an internet forum.

First off, look up the definition of irony. Secondly, don't make ****ing assumptions about me. He's not my buddy - I've never spoken to him. He was obviously trolling. By my saying "calling someone out for trolling", I was clearly acknowledging that he was trolling. Why is this such a ****ing battle with you guys?

And no, he's not a 'fellow bulls troll', because I wasn't trolling. "Fellow" implies I was doing the same thing, which I wasn't.

Lord Leoshes
01-27-2015, 05:48 PM

I can not find the video for you but this will explain it a bit.

http://heatzone.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/01/21/video-heat-lose-hassan-whiteside/

naps
01-27-2015, 05:53 PM
First off, look up the definition of irony. Secondly, don't make ****ing assumptions about me. He's not my buddy - I've never spoken to him. He was obviously trolling. By my saying "calling someone out for trolling", I was clearly acknowledging that he was trolling. Why is this such a ****ing battle with you guys?

And no, he's not a 'fellow bulls troll', because I wasn't trolling. "Fellow" implies I was doing the same thing, which I wasn't.

A bit touche there?
Why haven't you quoted him once like you're quoting almost everyone who is retaliating his trolling? Yeah, rocket science. Stop playing innocent.

Oh and don't worry about my credibility here. I don't need validation from trolls. Everyone who read my posts saw why I wrote what I wrote, ofcourse except you for obvious reasons.

Teufelshunde4
01-27-2015, 05:55 PM
The Game is near its completion (likely Heat win) but late in the 4th:

14 Points
13 Rebounds
12 Blocks

Some of these blocks have come out of nowhere. It's absolutely incredible how he's played. Playing like the Center the Heat had hoped for when Lebron was there too. Do you guys think that the Heat have a guy inside for the future? Cause if he keeps this up for the season, then he'll probably get a huge contract when he hits the market.

Also, I know there was a Whiteside thread made earlier, so if the Mods want, go ahead and merge this tread in the original thread (sorry, I missed it).

Edit: One more Block :laugh2:

You boys are so easily impressed...

Here is the real tough one Quadruple Double

10/18/74 Chicago vs Atlanta Nate Thurmond 22 pts. 14 rebs. 13 asst. 12 blks.
02/18/86 San Antonio vs Phoenix Alvin Robertson 20 pts. 11 rebs. 10 asst. 10 stls
03/03/90 Houston vs Golden State Hakeem Olajuwon 29 pts. 18 rebs. 10 asst. 11 blks.
03/29/90 Houston vs Milwaukee Hakeem Olajuwon 18 pts. 16 rebs. 10 asst. 11 blks.
02/17/94 San Antonio vs Detorot David Robinson 34 pts. 10 rebs. 10 asst. 10 blks

Only 5 in NBA history...

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 06:02 PM
A bit touche there?
Why haven't you quoted him once like you're quoting almost everyone who is retaliating his trolling? Yeah, rocket science. Stop playing innocent.

Oh and don't worry about my credibility here. I don't need validation from trolls. Everyone who read my posts saw why I wrote what I wrote, ofcourse except you for obvious reasons.

If you're implying that I'm trolling, you may be the one who is a bit "touche." I repeatedly complemented Whiteside. For some reason, this was taken as an act of war by certain Miami fans.

And for the record, the first time I called out anyone in this thread was both sides:

Just stop, guys. There's obviously bitterness and trolling coming from both sides.

My God, how biased and defensive of me! Calling out both Bulls fans and Miami fans!

benny01
01-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Seing as how Whiteside has had a difficult time staying on a roster or getting significant playing time in his past, my firm prediction is that he will or will not continue this level of play. Thank you

ChitownSports16
01-27-2015, 06:13 PM
To much hype around this guy lol only here in PSD...

naps
01-27-2015, 06:19 PM
If you're implying that I'm trolling, you may be the one who is a bit "touche." I repeatedly complemented Whiteside. For some reason, this was taken as an act of war by certain Miami fans.

And for the record, the first time I called out anyone in this thread was both sides:

My God, how biased and defensive of me! Calling out both Bulls fans and Miami fans!

Yet you keep quoting everyone else who is retaliating and have not quoted him once. Stop hiding.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 06:42 PM
Yet you keep quoting everyone else who is retaliating and have not quoted him once. Stop hiding.

To b fair, there is something to be said for that. You honestly can't be surprised people are fighting fire with fire, and then question you (InRoseWeTrust) as you check everyone but the fire starter. As a bulls fan you have been a bit biased in who you go after.

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 07:13 PM

I quoted, I believe, *one* person who made a completely ridiculous, non sequitur comment about Rose. I wasn't flying around ripping on Miami fans, so stop painting an inaccurate picture.

And how am I "hiding"? What am I "hiding" from? My very first comment regarding people trolling was very clearly directed at both sides, explicitly. You're digging your ditch deeper and deeper.

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 07:14 PM
To b fair, there is something to be said for that. You honestly can't be surprised people are fighting fire with fire, and then question you (InRoseWeTrust) as you check everyone but the fire starter. As a bulls fan you have been a bit biased in who you go after.

Why the hell are you talking about me? I came in here to complement Whiteside. How is that biased?

And again, I "checked" the fire starter. The very first thing I said was "both sides are trolling." You guys have crazy tunnel vision.

WaDe03
01-27-2015, 07:27 PM
Seing as how Whiteside has had a difficult time staying on a roster or getting significant playing time in his past, my firm prediction is that he will or will not continue this level of play. Thank you

No, thank you.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 07:30 PM
Why the hell are you talking about me? I came in here to complement Whiteside. How is that biased?

And again, I "checked" the fire starter. The very first thing I said was "both sides are trolling." You guys have crazy tunnel vision.

I'm just saying man. There would be no trolling if not for the one bulls fan. I think you know that. What comes after a that should be expected. I don't think you have done any trolling or anything like that. But I just think your comments about trolling are a bit misplaced. If someone punches you in the face, are you gonna punch back or turn the other cheek?

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 07:34 PM
I'm just saying man. There would be no trolling if not for the one bulls fan. I think you know that. What comes after a that should be expected. I don't think you have done any trolling or anything like that. But I just think your comments about trolling are a bit misplaced. If someone punches you in the face, are you gonna punch back or turn the other cheek?

You either punch back, or turn the other cheek. Not punch back and then ***** about how douchey it is when people throw punches.

Cal827
01-27-2015, 08:14 PM
Well, clearly this thread has started a fight. Sorry Mods, please delete if you feel necessary.

IKnowHoops
01-27-2015, 08:24 PM
You either punch back, or turn the other cheek. Not punch back and then ***** about how douchey it is when people throw punches.

If the first punch is a cheap shot when my heads turned, then you are well within your rights to punch back, piss on the dude while he's laying uncontious, slash his tires, and then ***** about what a douche move it was to throw that cheap shot.

Hardaway Here
01-27-2015, 11:20 PM
If the first punch is a cheap shot when my heads turned, then you are well within your rights to punch back, piss on the dude while he's laying uncontious, slash his tires, and then ***** about what a douche move it was to throw that cheap shot.

Not even about basketball or Hassan Whiteside at this point.

WaDe03
01-27-2015, 11:25 PM
16 and 16 tonight. Of course more injuries for the Heat though you can always count on that when things start going good for us.

InRoseWeTrust
01-27-2015, 11:42 PM
16 and 16 tonight. Of course more injuries for the Heat though you can always count on that when things start going good for us.

Who got hurt?

WaDe03
01-27-2015, 11:52 PM
Who got hurt?

Deng and Birdman were out but will probably be back Friday and Wade hurt his hamstring again at the start of the 3rd so there's no tellin when he'll be back. It's the same **** every time we start getting hot. We were up 10 tonight then lost.

FlashBolt
01-27-2015, 11:58 PM
Bad news for Miami.. With Bobcats surging and Brooklyn still there, Heat might be out of the playoffs. Let's not also forget that they already caught luck with Jennings being out for Detroit.

Hardaway Here
01-28-2015, 12:15 AM
Deng and Birdman were out but will probably be back Friday and Wade hurt his hamstring again at the start of the 3rd so there's no tellin when he'll be back. It's the same **** every time we start getting hot. We were up 10 tonight then lost.

As much as I want it to happen. We are just not going to catch any breaks with consistent lineups or play this season. Bench was horrible and as usual injuries **** us up.

IKnowHoops
01-28-2015, 12:31 AM
As much as I want it to happen. We are just not going to catch any breaks with consistent lineups or play this season. Bench was horrible and as usual injuries **** us up.

Tell me this? Has there been more injuries this year than the last 2 or 3 or did Bron just cover it up because he was always there?

Hardaway Here
01-28-2015, 01:01 AM
Tell me this? Has there been more injuries this year than the last 2 or 3 or did Bron just cover it up because he was always there?

No this has been an injury riddled season. While Lebron was here the injuries were minor to say the least. The main one out nursing injuries was Wade. That and rest got him during that time. I know birdman missed a few as well, but this season has had at least 6-7 different players in and out of the lineup due to injuries. McRoberts is done for the season smh.

justinnum1
01-31-2015, 01:50 PM
wheres the bulls kid at jprosomething? 16 and 24 last night. LMFAO!

FlakeyFool
01-31-2015, 02:29 PM
das it mane

jp611
02-01-2015, 04:13 PM
Man enough to admit that this guy has totally been proving me wrong. Another big game from him today.

naps
02-01-2015, 04:48 PM
20 points/9 boards/3 blocks. Offensively took over the game in the 4th when it was close. Showed his offensive repertoire. I knew he had a hook shot but today he was hitting midrange using the glass. Very encouraging signs for him.

naps
02-01-2015, 04:50 PM
But I gotta see it for another month and half to be absolutely certain about him.

justinnum1
02-01-2015, 05:43 PM
Man enough to admit that this guy has totally been proving me wrong. Another big game from him today.
:clap:

godolphins
02-01-2015, 06:17 PM
I hope he keeps this up. So far he's been the only bright spot on this team. If he can average at least 10 PPG, 10 RBG and 2 BLK this season I'll be satisfied.

Hardaway Here
02-01-2015, 08:43 PM

Bitterness level is zero I applaud you sir. I just hope he keeps it up. With Wade and Deng out and Bosh playing like crap. He is all we have to lean on. Plus Granger is trash so in case no one knew.

Cal827
02-01-2015, 08:50 PM
:laugh2: Who brought this one back to life?

Lord Leoshes
02-04-2015, 06:24 PM
10 reb - 11 pts - 5 blk - in 24 min

IKnowHoops
02-04-2015, 10:36 PM
Dude keeps playing like this for the rest of the year and up into next season he's gonna make the eastern conference all star team.

Hardaway Here
02-04-2015, 11:37 PM
Dude keeps playing like this for the rest of the year and up into next season he's gonna make the eastern conference all star team.

With Wade out Whiteside is the only one hooping. Bosh isn't even worth half of his contract with what he has been contributing as of late. Smh

FlashBolt
02-04-2015, 11:41 PM
24 points 20 rebounds. If they had this guy last year, that would be a threepeat.

Kaner
02-05-2015, 12:30 AM
24 points 20 rebounds. If they had this guy last year, that would be a threepeat.

Definitely not.

They could have had prime Shaq and it would have been close.

InRoseWeTrust
02-05-2015, 12:36 AM

He's ****ing laughably good right now.

FlashBolt
02-05-2015, 12:43 AM
Definitely not.

They could have had prime Shaq and it would have been close.

You forget that Spurs absolutely destroyed the paint because Miami had no inside presence. Whiteside has been an absolute monster in the post. For sure it wouldn't be a threepeat but they would have a much higher chance.

Bring The Heat
02-05-2015, 12:44 AM
**** we still lost by one point which sucks.... As disappointing as our season I'm excited for the future having this guy and hope he continues to grow and get better from here

Bring The Heat
02-05-2015, 12:45 AM
You forget that Spurs absolutely destroyed the paint because Miami had no inside presence. Whiteside has been an absolute monster in the post. For sure it wouldn't be a threepeat but they would have a much higher chance.

Definitely.. That was our only weakness ( a big one at that).... If Whiteside was here playing the way he is now would've been a greater chance for a three peat for sure.

InRoseWeTrust
02-05-2015, 12:55 AM
**** we still lost by one point which sucks.... As disappointing as our season I'm excited for the future having this guy and hope he continues to grow and get better from here

What kind of deal is he on right now? I'm assuming one year?

Kaner
02-05-2015, 12:57 AM

Didn't forget just not nearly a big enough difference, Spurs still shoot lights out with Whiteside on the court, and still get alot of the same easy buckets near the rim they did before, and still limit the Heats own production around the rim. They won by an average of 18ppg... no way is Whiteside able to make up for even half of that.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-05-2015, 01:02 AM

one year

Hassan Whiteside $764,497

SportsFanatic10
02-05-2015, 01:23 AM
Didn't forget just not nearly a big enough difference, Spurs still shoot lights out with Whiteside on the court, and still get alot of the same easy buckets near the rim they did before, and still limit the Heats own production around the rim. They won by an average of 18ppg... no way is Whiteside able to make up for even half of that.

I agree they probably still lose but because wade was pretty banged up in the finals. if wade was in good shape for the series along with whiteside i'd favor them to win however. whiteside would have allowed them to get away from that trapping, overloading defense that the spurs so easily picked apart. the heat's entire defensive scheme was built to make up for having no rim protection. playing a more tradition style along with a more traditional lineup would have allowed them to cut down on all the defensive rotating that always eventually led to an open 3. and they were among if not the worst rebounding teams in the league, which whiteside would of greatly helped. on offense he could of been lethal in pick n roles with james and wade, he seems to catch everything inside and finishes strong.

Stunner
02-05-2015, 03:05 AM

Two year team
Option

WaDe03
02-05-2015, 03:09 AM
Pretty sure he's ours through next season. I'm confident he will sign back in 2016 too since were the only team to give him a chance. He's hoopin right now but **** we need some wins. Bosh is terrible and Wades out.

WaDe03
02-05-2015, 03:10 AM

Made his first 11 shots too. Finished the game 12/13 from the field.

tredigs
02-05-2015, 05:17 AM
Very interesting that his BPM is still negative and his VORP shows barely above replacement value. The advanced stats like his D, but not so much on the O. Few more 24 points on 93% could change that tho.

DillyDill
02-05-2015, 05:45 AM
What a beast he's unbelievable didn't know he had a 7'7 wingspan my goodness

PurpleLynch
02-05-2015, 07:49 AM
This guy is insane. Riley now has to build a team around this guy.

canefandynasty
02-05-2015, 09:11 AM
28.9 per | .243 ws/48

Hardaway Here
02-05-2015, 12:15 PM
I knew he could be a 20 & 10 guy just need a playmaker and some solid three point shooters around him and we will have a squad. Primarily need a back up playmaker for Wade. I don't know what to say about Bosh at this point he has just been so disappointing for awhile now.

utl768
02-05-2015, 12:22 PM
hassanity > linsanity

in all seriousness though the heat suck without lebron and should tank to get a lottery pick

Chronz
02-05-2015, 02:17 PM
And hes getting this done without Wade. That debunks a few claims if he keeps this going.

Hawkeye15
02-05-2015, 03:10 PM
watched him against my Wolves last night. The dude knows his place, is relentless on the offensive glass, and just overpowers his man. While he surely can't keep up the crazy efficiency he has been posting after the league adjusts to him and starts putting pressure on him, his play looks long term, meaning, I think he will be a quality starting center going forward.

colinskik
02-05-2015, 03:29 PM
So glad I picked this guy up on my fantasy squad a few weeks back. :D

The way he blocks shots is unstoppable. Can't believe so many teams passed on him.

InRoseWeTrust
02-06-2015, 12:39 AM
Pretty sure he's ours through next season. I'm confident he will sign back in 2016 too since were the only team to give him a chance. He's hoopin right now but **** we need some wins. Bosh is terrible and Wades out.

I see this happening as well, for the same reason.

Chrisclover
02-06-2015, 12:40 AM
I love stories like this.
I doubt if he can keep this freakish performance. The dark days he endured may be a testament to his rough skills. He may seem like another linsanity but linsanity died three or four months after it happened.

Dade County
02-06-2015, 09:39 AM
I knew he could be a 20 & 10 guy just need a playmaker and some solid three point shooters around him and we will have a squad. Primarily need a back up playmaker for Wade. I don't know what to say about Bosh at this point he has just been so disappointing for awhile now.

The man refuses to attack the rim and draw fouls... In Toronto he got to the line between 8-11 times per game, I just don't understand him, he rather just shoot & shoot.

It doesn't make since.

sjbirds
02-06-2015, 09:50 AM

I see this happening as well, for the same reason.
He will take the most money offered as he should

InRoseWeTrust
02-06-2015, 10:38 AM

I'm sure Riley will give him what he deserves.

J_M_B
02-06-2015, 10:59 AM

Riley will pay him

& he's already been quoted that his desire is to be Miami's defensive anchor for years to come like Alonzo once was ..

I'm on my phone so I'll look it up later