PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Jennings may have torn Achilles.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 01:34 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2304813-brandon-jennings-injury-updates-on-pistons-stars-leg-and-return

This injury is getting people. To bad. It seemed like it was coming together for him.

goingfor28
01-25-2015, 01:35 AM
That sucks. He was playing much better since they dumped Smoove amd Detroit was making a nice push to grab a playoff spot.

Clippersfan86
01-25-2015, 02:06 AM
Blown Achilles is the hardest basketball injury to return from. In fact, maybe the hardest in Football too. For whatever reason once it happens it seems like a chain reaction of other injuries come. Saw it with Kobe and Billups in recent years.

JV35
01-25-2015, 02:47 AM
The whole thing sucks.

Right when the Pistons had turned the whole season around.

I guess we'll get a chance to see what the Pistons are really made of.

bleedprple&gold
01-25-2015, 03:06 AM
Now to long ago on here people were saying Jennings sucks. Now he's an integral part of an up and coming that will greatly miss him. My how things can change quickly.

Chrisclover
01-25-2015, 06:37 AM
If he ends up injury -prone, he cannot redeem himself and will always be remembered as a low pg% player. His hot performance just lasted for a small stretch of time, which will be forgot easily.

beasted86
01-25-2015, 08:50 AM
Now to long ago on here people were saying Jennings sucks. Now he's an integral part of an up and coming that will greatly miss him. My how things can change quickly.

Jennings playing "good" is a still shooting 42% since the trade. His version of "good" just isn't very good.

He was playing better than before, but at the end of the day the Pistons blew that trade giving up Knight who seems like a legit solid starting PG going forward.

Blink
01-25-2015, 10:11 AM
Jennings playing "good" is a still shooting 42% since the trade. His version of "good" just isn't very good.

He was playing better than before, but at the end of the day the Pistons blew that trade giving up Knight who seems like a legit solid starting PG going forward.

Clueless. Knight is not a PG

jaydubb
01-25-2015, 10:35 AM
Achilles is an extremely hard injury to come back from, but he's only 25.. I think he's body is strong enough to come back from this IF HE PUTS IN THE WORK.. Big if..

Tough to see this kind of injury happen to a young promising player. Wish him the best in recovery.

theducksmuggler
01-25-2015, 10:38 AM
Clueless. Knight is not a PG

Huh? Since when is Brandon Knight not a PG? He is 6'3" and always has been a PG including in college(Won the Bob Cousy award) and when he was on the Pistons and is currently the starting PG of the Bucks...so im not sure why your calling someone else clueless for calling him a PG...please explain?

beasted86
01-25-2015, 10:50 AM
Huh? Since when is Brandon Knight not a PG? He is 6'3" and always has been a PG including in college(Won the Bob Cousy award) and when he was on the Pistons and is currently the starting PG of the Bucks...so im not sure why your calling someone else clueless for calling him a PG...please explain?

It's possible he's a robot who thinks Giannis plays PG because somebody implanted that data into his "brain"

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-25-2015, 10:52 AM

Don't wanna side track the thread. But yeah Knight is a SG. Plays better off the ball as a catch and shoot. Less turn overs. But with Marshall out for season Knight is back to playing more PG. Also Wolters was waived so we're short on pg's.

Blink
01-25-2015, 12:15 PM

Just because you dribble a ball up the court doesn't mean you are a point guard. Just because you are 6'3" doesn't mean you are a point guard. Knight is so turnover prone and isn't very good at running an offense. When he was in Detroit he was absolutely terrible at running the offense. He is a undersized SG.

JWO35
01-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Just because you dribble a ball up the court doesn't mean you are a point guard. Just because you are 6'3" doesn't mean you are a point guard. Knight is so turnover prone and isn't very good at running an offense. When he was in Detroit he was absolutely terrible at running the offense. He is a undersized SG.

It's funny when people just don't know what the **** they are talking about...but hey the NBA forum is notorious for this. Hell even a Bucks fan said Knight isn't a PG :laugh2:

But hey what do us Piston fans and Buck fans know about Knight compared to the all knowledgeable NBA Forum :worthy:
who probably only watch ESPN & TNT Games.

beasted86
01-25-2015, 12:37 PM
Don't wanna side track the thread. But yeah Knight is a SG. Plays better off the ball as a catch and shoot. Less turn overs. But with Marshall out for season Knight is back to playing more PG. Also Wolters was waived so we're short on pg's.

Can you explain this to me how it works, please?

I'm not going to pretend I know more about the Bucks than a fan of the team. But what you're telling me is that looking at the Bucks top 5 used lineups that have neither of Marshall or Walters has Knight+Giannis, Knight+Mayo, and Knight+Bayless in the back-court... out of those duos, Knight is never the PG, but handles the ball the most and averages the most assists?

Please make it plain and clear and normal English so I can understand please. This isn't a joke or facetious attempt to undermine your knowledge as a fan of the team, I'm really trying to understand, honestly.

Is this one of those things where you think he plays better at another position than he actually plays? Like if a HEAT fan were to say "Bosh is a PF" despite him almost exclusively playing another position over the last 3+ years only until recently. But actual fact is that he was the team's Center, and anyone calling him that wouldn't be wrong.

Deception
01-25-2015, 01:56 PM
Can you explain this to me how it works, please?

I'm not going to pretend I know more about the Bucks than a fan of the team. But what you're telling me is that looking at the Bucks top 5 used lineups that have neither of Marshall or Walters has Knight+Giannis, Knight+Mayo, and Knight+Bayless in the back-court... out of those duos, Knight is never the PG, but handles the ball the most and averages the most assists?

Please make it plain and clear and normal English so I can understand please. This isn't a joke or facetious attempt to undermine your knowledge as a fan of the team, I'm really trying to understand, honestly.

Is this one of those things where you think he plays better at another position than he actually plays? Like if a HEAT fan were to say "Bosh is a PF" despite him almost exclusively playing another position over the last 3+ years only until recently. But actual fact is that he was the team's Center, and anyone calling him that wouldn't be wrong.

It was said above, he doesn't have the vision of a point guard, he doesn't set up the offense well. He came out of college as a tweener and never adjusted to being a PG. He's a great spot up shooter and can hit open shots, he can also drive to the basket and create contact, however, he's terrible at creating his own shots, off the pick and roll and such.. The reason his stats look so good is because Kidd is using him for his strengths and leaving less on his plate that he has to do.

beasted86
01-25-2015, 02:31 PM
It was said above, he doesn't have the vision of a point guard, he doesn't set up the offense well. He came out of college as a tweener and never adjusted to being a PG. He's a great spot up shooter and can hit open shots, he can also drive to the basket and create contact, however, he's terrible at creating his own shots, off the pick and roll and such.. The reason his stats look so good is because Kidd is using him for his strengths and leaving less on his plate that he has to do.

What does that have to do with him playing or not playing PG this season, because he's clearly been playing it this year, and he's played better than he did last year where it was more SG.

I feel like this has been a bizarre sidebar within this topic that's going nowhere, it should just be dropped.

tredigs
01-25-2015, 03:26 PM

Actually 44% and nearly 40% from three putting up 20 a night with 7 assists and just 2 TO's.

With Josh Smith he was putting up 12 and 6 on 37/33/85.

Night and day. He was on a roll and leading this charge without Smoove.

rocket
01-25-2015, 06:06 PM
20 pts / 7 assists / 2 to

for this month.

smh man

Goose17
01-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Out for 6-9 months. Damn.

PurpleLynch
01-25-2015, 06:42 PM
NOOOOOOOO. Meeks has to really step up now.

Cal827
01-25-2015, 08:30 PM
That's very unfortunate. Hopefully he has a full recovery and can get back to it. It seemed like he was emerging after the got rid of Smith.