PDA

View Full Version : Nate Robinson To The Clippers A Done Deal?

Clippersfan86
01-24-2015, 02:58 AM
Would be a great pickup compared to Austin Rivers who's running bench PG right now. Clippers are slowly coming around and their biggest weakness has been the bench this year. Robinson and another SF vet and the team should be ready for the playoffs. I called this last week, too obvious. Childhood friends with Crawford+Hawes. Loved playing for Doc. Good friends in Boston with Glen Davis. Also lots of opportunity to run bench unit with Crawford. Think he would help the team?

Alex Kennedy ✔ @AlexKennedyNBA

The Los Angeles Clippers remain Nate Robinson's preferred free agency destination, according to multiple sources.

"Rivers recently said that the Clippers plan to add “two veterans” in February, and it’s believed that he was referring to Robinson and Tayshaun Prince (who will also likely be waived by the Celtics soon).

Don’t expect Robinson to join any other team, as he badly wants to sign with L.A. and seems prepared to wait for them."

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-rumors-nate-robinson-waiting-for-clippers/

nastynice
01-24-2015, 03:03 AM
sounds like a pretty good move to me. Although they already have imo the perfect 6th man (pure scorer) in Crawford, and Robinson himself has that ability, he can also legitimately run the point, and if he and Crawford learn to play with each other, **** could be one of the deadliest 2nd teams in the league.

goingfor28
01-24-2015, 03:15 AM
Ya seems like just a matter of when at this point

Chronz
01-24-2015, 03:58 AM
Isnt he coming off knee surgery?

Dude has been awful in Denver

Clippersfan86
01-24-2015, 04:15 AM
Nate had some injuries but he's still a good bench player IMO and would bounce back for the Clips IMO. I think BRian Shaw is using him poorly.

Cracka2HI!
01-24-2015, 07:25 PM
I think Doc needs to wait longer so Nate will cost less against the hard cap.

Goose17
01-24-2015, 08:42 PM
Did you guys ever get another SF? Your wing was weak as hell.

Clippersfan86
01-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Did you guys ever get another SF? Your wing was weak as hell.

Well Barnes is playing at such a high level the last month that it's not so bad. Clippers have statistically the best starting 5 in the league. The issue is they have a horrendous bench who gives up leads immediately. So yes, we need another wing but if Barnes plays even mostly this good in the playoffs, it's not such a huge issue anymore. Excerpt from an article today.

"Another thing to consider is how good the Clippers starters have been this season. In 41 games played together, Chris Paul, J.J. Redick, Matt Barnes, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan have outscored their opponents by 18.2 points per 100 possessions, per NBA.com/stats. In comparison, the Atlanta Hawks’ starting lineup, in 34 games played together, has outscored its opponents by 10.9 points per 100 possessions, per NBA.com/stats. This is significant for Los Angeles considering that in the playoffs, teams typically shorten their rotations and play their starters more minutes than in the regular season."

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-saturday-are-we-underrating-the-clippers/

Statistically the Clippers are actually better than the Hawks and the 2nd best team in the league, 3rd at worst. Which you'd never know based on how analysts are rating them right now.

The team is going to add the declining Tayshaun Prince. He's not "good" anymore.. but he's not as bad as what he had and should still be able to provide high IQ, Lengthy defense I'd think. Although I still hope we add another defensive wing as we have 3 open roster spots.