PDA

View Full Version : Great game tonight OKC vs ATL...give your prediction...who wins?

IKnowHoops
01-23-2015, 07:02 PM
ATL is just balling out of control this year. Im very interested to watch them against OKC tonight. I know there is a game thread but I wanted to add a poll to this one and see what the general consensus was about these two teams before hand.

Sneaky
01-23-2015, 07:15 PM
OKC ends the streak. Wins by 2.

JEDean89
01-23-2015, 07:21 PM
as a nuggets fan who only gets okc's pick if they are 19th or higher, i want okc to win, that said, ATL should pull it out.

jaydubb
01-23-2015, 07:38 PM
Okc

tredigs
01-23-2015, 07:43 PM
ATL's playing better ball and is definitely the favorite at home, but I agree it should be a very good game.

I'll take the Hawks by 3.

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Haven't been this pumped up for a regular season game in a long time. I need to check these Hawks out in more detail.

IKnowHoops
01-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Yeah I have to go with the Hawks with the way they are playing, and yes I'm actually very excited to see this game. I still haven't accepted the Hawks being for real. A blowout win for them should make me accept it.

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Yeah I have to go with the Hawks with the way they are playing, and yes I'm actually very excited to see this game. I still haven't accepted the Hawks being for real. A blowout win for them should make me accept it.

I am kind of in the same boat - I just haven't watched them enough to believe it.

That said, I think they need to improve their bench before I label them a contender. Love that starting 5 though.

Vee-Rex
01-23-2015, 08:08 PM
I think OKC brings ATL back to reality tonight. OKC wins 108-95.

Serge I-blockya gotta have a big game defensively for that to happen though.

IKnowHoops
01-23-2015, 09:08 PM
This team is amazing right now. Cleveland that is.

FlashBolt
01-23-2015, 10:15 PM
this ATL is legit. I wanna see a GSW vs ATL game ASAP.

Sneaky
01-23-2015, 10:45 PM
OKC ends the streak. Wins by 2.

I was a little off. :D

JV35
01-23-2015, 10:47 PM
No contest. ATL is proving to be a beast.

jaydubb
01-23-2015, 10:52 PM
I stand corrected..

goingfor28
01-23-2015, 11:04 PM
Atlanta forrealllllllll

IKnowHoops
01-23-2015, 11:18 PM
I want to see Cleveland, Golden State, and ATL all play each other. Im a born Homer but I favor Cleveland in all those games. They are beasting so hard right now its crazy.

KnicksorBust
01-24-2015, 08:06 AM
I want to see Cleveland, Golden State, and ATL all play each other. Im a born Homer but I favor Cleveland in all those games. They are beasting so hard right now its crazy.

And after everyone was writing them off saying they might lose in the 1st round. What a joke those posts were.

PurpleLynch
01-24-2015, 09:25 AM

They are breaking a 7 losses streak with four wins in a row against Lakers and Utah(who are both weak) and just two convincing wins against Clippers and Bulls. The sample is just too small,GS and ATL would beast and feast on their defense right now.

Cavs will face Thunder,Pistons and Blazers in the short span of three days now.
We will see how they will handle these games.

torocan
01-24-2015, 10:33 AM

Did Kevin Love suddenly learn how to play defense? Did Anderson Varajao magically recover? If not, then I wouldn't be so high on the Cavs... GSW and Atlanta are top 5 defenses AND top 5 offenses.

Sure, the Cavs can score but can they actually stop anyone?

Until the Cavs develops a real defense (IE, more than perimeter defense like Shumpert), then they're basically a one-way team. And we've all seen what happens to one-way teams...

For that alone I'd take GSW and Atlanta over the Cavs.

KnicksorBust
01-24-2015, 12:00 PM

Did Kevin Love suddenly learn how to play defense? Did Anderson Varajao magically recover? If not, then I wouldn't be so high on the Cavs... GSW and Atlanta are top 5 defenses AND top 5 offenses.

Sure, the Cavs can score but can they actually stop anyone?

Until the Cavs develops a real defense (IE, more than perimeter defense like Shumpert), then they're basically a one-way team. And we've all seen what happens to one-way teams...

For that alone I'd take GSW and Atlanta over the Cavs.

Uh they have Lebron and Mozgov

torocan
01-24-2015, 12:54 PM

That isn't the same as a solid team defensive scheme with solid defensive players and depth.

Sure, Lebron is a premium defender. Shumpert can defend if he's healthy and motivated. Mozgov isn't terrible but who is there to defend when he's off the floor? Love is a terrible help defender. And Kyrie Irving hasn't proven any consistency on the defensive end yet.

Like I said, the Cavs can score but who can they stop? 25th in the NBA in Defensive efficiency, 27th in Opponent effective FG%, 18th in Opponent 3pt%, 29th in Opponent 2pt%, and 26th in Opponent TS% doesn't bode well. (Per Teamrankings).

It's about more than having Mozgov in the center, quite frankly their rotations and help defense is terrible and a lot of that is habit. Thibodeau's teams played better defense for years with far less talent. The Bucks are a top 5 defensive team and nobody would put their talent anywhere near the Cavs.

Even over their last 5 games their defense has been suspect... here are their opponents shooting percentages over their last 5 games (all wins for the Cavs).

@Lakers - 51.3% 2pt, 33.3% 3pt
@Clippers - 47.3% 2pt, 34.5% 3pt
vsChicago - 37.5% 2pt, 50.0% 3pt
vsUtah - 41.7% 2pt, 36.4% 3pt
vsCharlotte - 40.4% 2pt, 12.5% 3pt

Does any of that scream top 10 defense? I'm not impressed with their last 3 games considering Noah is out and Utah/Charlotte are sub-par teams.

Slow down some top 10 offenses and I might start to buy in on the Cavs. Until then, they're just a bunch of Talented players sharing locker space. IE, pretty far from being a real Team.

Goose17
01-24-2015, 01:05 PM
And after everyone was writing them off saying they might lose in the 1st round. What a joke those posts were.

They won't make it past the second and I'll be shocked if they make it past the first.

Who have they beasted? Charlotte? Utah? Lakers? Lmfao.

tredigs
01-24-2015, 01:06 PM

Lebron's season long rest on that end will probably aid him come post-season, but Mozgov scares exactly no slashers or bigs. He is a middling defensive big on his best day. They're going to get absolutely smashed by the Hawks if they are fortunate enough to face them in the playoffs.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 03:45 AM
Well Mozgov pissed on Gasol the other day. Charlotte had won 8 of there last 9 before playing Cleveland and the Cavs were up 40pts before halftime. Timofey is a walking double double who has been catching oops from everyone. Keep thinking this team isn't ready. This team is going to blow out your favorite team soon.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 03:48 AM
They won't make it past the second and I'll be shocked if they make it past the first.

I appreciate you saying this over and over. It will make it that much sweeter. What you say was valid 3 weeks ago, but it carries absolutely no weight at all now. Cavs are a beast right now. You will soon find out if you pay attention.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 03:51 AM
Lebron's season long rest on that end will probably aid him come post-season, but Mozgov scares exactly no slashers or bigs. He is a middling defensive big on his best day. They're going to get absolutely smashed by the Hawks if they are fortunate enough to face them in the playoffs.

Mozgov has been feasting while playing with Bron and Kyrie. You must not have watched any games lately because Mozgov has been dominating the paint. Your day is coming soon. Just make sure you own up to not believing the above trash.

Vee-Rex
01-25-2015, 02:10 PM
While I won't go so far as to say the Cavs will beat Golden State, I think we'd take Atlanta.

Teams like Golden State, OKC, Memphis... yeah we'd struggle. But that doesn't mean the Cavs aren't developing into a tough team right now.

Mosgov's presence is enormous. He doesn't have to be a mind-blowing shotblocker. He rotates well on defense and plays hard. His addition is one of if not the primary reason we're rolling right now. Belittle him all you want, but he's making a huge impact right now. Anyone saying otherwise haven't been watching our games.

We go with a small lineup when he's on the bench... there's no issue with that. The issue before was having a small lineup the entire game.

Also, Kyrie has stepped up defensively. He held Kemba Walker to 3-14 shooting. He held Trey Burke to 1-10 shooting. He held Rose to 5-14 shooting. He held CP3 to 4-15 shooting.

Not saying Kyrie is an elite defender but he has played really well defensively lately.That's what winning and motivation do for you. I can give a long list of today's above average/elite defenders (like Curry) who started off not known for their defense at all.

We aren't the best in the NBA by far, but we're definitely playing at another level right now and anyone blowing us off are in for a rude awakening. Watch us play OKC today and see. It should be entertaining.

KnicksorBust
01-25-2015, 03:41 PM

If they matchup in the playoffs I will be sure to remind myself of this helpful piece of information.

KnicksorBust
01-25-2015, 03:43 PM

Yeah Lebron usually goes down in round 1. Thats been proven.

PurpleLynch
01-25-2015, 06:47 PM

1st time for everything. But we will see. I kinda agree,it's difficult to win against a team with Lebron (especially in the weaker conference.)

PurpleLynch
01-25-2015, 06:50 PM
Okc needs:
1-Fire ****in Scott Brooks,it's unbelievable how he can stop this team from reaching his full potential.
2-Get rid of Waiters and Perkins. They are not Nba's material.

Blatt is a good coach anyway,I think he's just adjusting to the NBA. He's also a top 3 coach in Europe of all time.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 07:08 PM
They are breaking a 7 losses streak with four wins in a row against Lakers and Utah(who are both weak) and just two convincing wins against Clippers and Bulls. The sample is just too small,GS and ATL would beast and feast on their defense right now.

1 down 2 more to go until you pay homage.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 07:12 PM

The best slasher in the league had his shot blocked by him twice in the first couple minutes. Then the best slasher in the game went on to shoot 7-26.

KnicksorBust
01-25-2015, 07:55 PM

1st time for everything. But we will see. I kinda agree,it's difficult to win against a team with Lebron (especially in the weaker conference.)

Dont straddle the line. If you want to bash Lebron own it.

IKnowHoops
01-29-2015, 03:12 PM

Beat Blazers with Bron too. On to the next one.