PDA

View Full Version : Ty Lawson arrested for suspicion of a DUI

FlashBolt
01-23-2015, 02:16 PM
http://www.9news.com/story/sports/nba/2015/01/23/ty-lawson-suspicion-dui/22221197/

When will these players ever learn..

tredigs
01-23-2015, 03:19 PM
Millionaire 20 some year olds aren't much different from non millionaire 20 some year olds, really.

Tony_Starks
01-23-2015, 03:49 PM
Young black man riding around in Denver in a luxury vehicle at 1:00am. He could've been arrested just for that....

Bruno
01-23-2015, 04:08 PM
maybe too many late night drinks is why his foul shooting has been subpar this season.

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 04:26 PM
Young black man riding around in Denver in a luxury vehicle at 1:00am. He could've been arrested just for that....

"Being black on a Friday night"

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 04:27 PM
He was an idiot for admitting he had drinks, smart for not blowing. Never consent to blow. Take the night in jail and let your lawyer do the rest.

sjbirds
01-23-2015, 04:42 PM
He was an idiot for admitting he had drinks, smart for not blowing. Never consent to blow. Take the night in jail and let your lawyer do the rest.
In nj if you don't blow you are automatically guilty

Ariza's Better
01-23-2015, 04:48 PM
Or you don't drink and drive.

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 04:49 PM
In nj if you don't blow you are automatically guilty

I think thats how it is everywhere, but the penalty is much less stiff and I don't think you get your license suspended. Either that, or its much easier to get your full license back. I have never gotten a DUI, plenty of friends that have, but my lawyer has told me specifically DO NOT BLOW.

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 04:50 PM
Its similar to hit and run vs DUI manslaughter. The laws encourage you to run rather than get found guilty of DUI if you hit someone and kill them.

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 04:51 PM
Or you don't drink and drive.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of society does drive with a buzzon. Most of them older, successful people too. I take taxi's when I am out drinking heavily, never drive anywhere, but I won't sit here and pretend I don't have a drink or 2 for happy hour and drive home after work. Not gloating about it, but thats reality.

goingfor28
01-23-2015, 05:35 PM
I think thats how it is everywhere, but the penalty is much less stiff and I don't think you get your license suspended. Either that, or its much easier to get your full license back. I have never gotten a DUI, plenty of friends that have, but my lawyer has told me specifically DO NOT BLOW.
When I got mine I was in CT. If I didn't blow it would've been automatic 6 month loss of license. I ended up blowing a .235 and only lost it for 4 months. :shrug:

Tony_Starks
01-23-2015, 05:39 PM

"Being black on a Friday night"

His official charge will DUI/ DWB

Tony_Starks
01-23-2015, 05:42 PM
When I got mine I was in CT. If I didn't blow it would've been automatic 6 month loss of license. I ended up blowing a .235 and only lost it for 4 months. :shrug:

Most states have to give you the option of either blowing or a blood test at the station. That's why if people aren't that buzzed they take the blood test because by that time your blood alcohol level has went down a few points...