PDA

View Full Version : We Are About To Lose Kobe.

Clippersfan86
01-23-2015, 02:33 AM
Hate or love Kobe.. we are about to lose another NBA legend most of us grew up watching. There will never be another Kobe and honestly it bums me out to see him go out like this with a string of injuries (almost always happens with blown Achilles players who come back). Hope he retires, because this is sad to watch.

Cal827
01-23-2015, 03:13 AM
I think he has too much pride to go out like this. I think he'll try one final time (might as well too with that massive last year of the deal lol).

It is quite unfortunate that his body is failing him, but it's another example of how father time is the only undefeated one in sports.

JV35
01-23-2015, 03:17 AM
He'll be back next year. Take the big money and go out on his own terms.

Tony_Starks
01-23-2015, 03:28 AM
If you think Kobe is going to retire on an injury you really aren't too familiar with him. Especially a injury like this one....

Chronz
01-23-2015, 03:35 AM
Doubt hes done, this has been a lingering injury he hasn't rehabbed since the start of the season. May as well take another year off.

Clippersfan86
01-23-2015, 03:58 AM
Doubt hes done, this has been a lingering injury he hasn't rehabbed since the start of the season. May as well take another year off.

Which is what... 2.5 or 3 recent seasons lost since blown Achilles? I hate for him to go out like that.

FlashBolt
01-23-2015, 04:19 AM
He was gone the moment he suffered that injury. He just hasn't been the same mentally and physically. Sorry folks, the 28 points Kobe is gone. Either he let's someone else finally take the torch (lots of great free agents next season), or he continues playing till 40+ and become the "Jamal Crawford" of the Lakers (scoring 18 ppg). Honestly, he has too much pride and competitiveness to do that and so, this is probably his final two seasons.

IKnowHoops
01-23-2015, 04:36 AM
I wish Kobe would just re-invent himself after this year. Trying to put up tons of points is just to stressful on his body. Im a huge fan of his facilitating game because its not just pretty, but its effective. If he tried, I have no doubt he could average 10 asst a game. That 17 asst game he had against the Cavs was a joy to watch. That was winning basketball. They lost, but his ability to facilitate kept it pretty close. His efficient scoring days are done, but I think he could go three more years as a top facilitator just because he's that talented. Kobe at this stage should be a 16-10 guy. If he had that mindset, with some championship talent around him, I think he could lead a team from the point guard role, and challenge for a ring. As long as he keeps trying to be a league leading scorer, it doesn't matter who he's got on his team...losses will just pile up, and he will end up limping off the court every other week until he finally decides to retire.

PurpleJesus
01-23-2015, 05:35 AM
The reason why I was a big Kobe hater is the reason why I am a big Lebron fan. My hate got in the way of witnessing greatness with Kobe, I don't want that to happen with any of the current or future greats.

My goal as a basketball fan from here on out, is to witness greatness when it is right in front of me.

IKnowHoops
01-23-2015, 05:51 AM
The reason why I was a big Kobe hater is the reason why I am a big Lebron fan. My hate got in the way of witnessing greatness with Kobe, I don't want that to happen with any of the current or future greats.

My goal as a basketball fan from here on out, is to witness greatness when it is right in front of me.

Promenading the path of a big Kobe hater is the reason why I am a big Lebron fan. My hate got in the way of witnessing greatness with Kobe, I don't want that to happen with any of the current or future greats.

I think I fixed it for you.

KingstonHawke
01-23-2015, 05:58 AM
Should've traded him too the Knicks like I said at the beginning of the year. Lakers would be better off, Knicks would be better off, the fans would be better off, the whole NBA would be better off business wise.

PurpleJesus
01-23-2015, 06:08 AM
I think I fixed it for you.

my penis is small

no, you didnt. fix your own ****, and don't misquote me.

As far as your penis being small, congrats I guess.

IKnowHoops
01-23-2015, 06:54 AM
no, you didnt. fix your own ****, and don't misquote me.

As far as your penis being small, congrats I guess.

Thanks for the laugh. So then let me ask you? What was your reason for hating Kobe?

PurpleJesus
01-23-2015, 06:57 AM
Thanks for the laugh. So then let me ask you? What was your reason for hating Kobe? Also, how can I make my penis normal sized?

Rape and Lakers.

IKnowHoops
01-23-2015, 07:00 AM
Rape and Lakers.

And why are you a Lebron fan?

PurpleJesus
01-23-2015, 07:08 AM

read my initial post in this thread.

hidalgo
01-23-2015, 07:16 AM
he'll be back, unfortunately. he can't retire soon enough for me

he is however making MJ's wizards years look far more impressive. MJ was better on the wizards at ages 39 & 40 than 35 & 36 year old Kobe (MJ was better on offense, & especially better on defense). and at age 40 he played all 82 games 37 mpg.

IKnowHoops
01-23-2015, 07:26 AM
Thanks for the laugh. So then let me ask you? What was your reason for hating Kobe?

Rape and Lakers.

read my initial post in this thread.

"If I'm reading this right, and I like to think that I am." Here you say the reason why you were a big Kobe hater is the reason why you are a Lebron fan. But above that you say the reason why you hate Kobe is because of Rape and the Lakers. So unless the reason you are a Lebron fan is because of rape and the Lakers, the above bold sentence doesn't make any sense.

IKnowHoops
01-23-2015, 07:33 AM

Now if the above bold is why you are now a Lebron fan then the below bold would allow your total post to make sense.

Promenading the path of a big Kobe hater is the reason why I am a big Lebron fan. My hate got in the way of witnessing greatness with Kobe, I don't want that to happen with any of the current or future greats.

BlondeBomber41
01-23-2015, 07:40 AM
The only way Kobe isn't done is if he leaves LA somehow, which I don't believe will ever happen.

He needs to be on a true contender as the 3rd option, not on a terrible team as the #1 option. LA doesn't have any assets or enough time to build around Kobe and give him the help he needs, so as long as he's playing in LA and wants to win he'll be playing big minutes and jacking up tons of shots.

If he'd realize this and be ok with a Manu Ginobili type role I bet he could effectively play for at least a few more years and compete for a championship with another team. I think his pride won't allow that though.

jaydubb
01-23-2015, 07:53 AM
I'll miss the old cut throat ice in vains kobe, not this post Achilles injury kobe that just hacks up shots and prays that they go in..

I don't think he's done, he'll be back for at least 1 more year while he still has that crazy contract, but for the sake of his legacy I really do hope he leaves the Lakers and goes to a contender as a 3rd-4th option.. I hate seeing him go out like this, he's not gonna do **** on this pathetic laker team so if he really wants another ring he needs to go.

lakerfan85
01-23-2015, 09:34 AM
Which is what... 2.5 or 3 recent seasons lost since blown Achilles? I hate for him to go out like that.

Umm.. He really only missed most of last season, a coupe of games to end the 2013 season, and the first round of the 2013 playoffs..

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 10:59 AM
Unless the Lakers make crazy moves this offseason, I do not see Kobe coming back. He doesn't need the money, and I highly doubt he comes back to play for another lottery team.

LakersIn5
01-23-2015, 11:35 AM
he'll be back, unfortunately. he can't retire soon enough for me

he is however making MJ's wizards years look far more impressive. MJ was better on the wizards at ages 39 & 40 than 35 & 36 year old Kobe (MJ was better on offense, & especially better on defense). and at age 40 he played all 82 games 37 mpg.

Mj didnt tear his archilles. Kobe did. Before that injury the lakers were like 34-11 to close out the season with kobe leading the way and putting up crazy stats. Like weeks before the injury. He scored like 47 points and dished out 10 asists vs portland. The archilles tear ended his greatness

KnickNyKnick
01-23-2015, 11:44 AM
the lakers only have about 36million on the books next year. Same situation as the Knicks. High pick (or maybe the suns get it not sure), Great player, Cap. Except the Knicks have a younger star. I think he shuts it down for a bit, comes back for 2 more seasons and make a run with a rebuilt lakers.

Sactown
01-23-2015, 12:28 PM
I've been a big Kings fan for a long time so obviously the old Lakers players erk me, but anyone who is happy watching Kobes late injury spree isn't a basketball fan.. sad to see someone who is such a warrior unable to stay healthy . He will obviously play next season, but unless LA improves vastly I bet he calls it a career

nickdymez
01-23-2015, 12:30 PM
Most of these posts about Kobes play comes from people who dont watch any games. Who cares what any of you think. None of you have any idea what its like to watch a guy play at a high level, win countless achievements including titles, and be the best in the game for your team, 15 plus years.

Sactown
01-23-2015, 12:41 PM
Most of these posts about Kobes play comes from people who dont watch any games. Who cares what any of you think. None of you have any idea what its like to watch a guy play at a high level, win countless achievements including titles, and be the best in the game for your team, 15 plus years.
That was a pretty arrogant post

nickdymez
01-23-2015, 12:42 PM
That was a pretty arrogant post
Ok? You guys sit here and get satisfaction off bashing Kobe and what not, then want to point out my "arrogant post"? Gtfoh

Sactown
01-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Ok? You guys sit here and get satisfaction off bashing Kobe and what not, then want to point out my "arrogant post"? Gtfoh

Did you read my post? I didn't bash him in the slightest.. I know you think youre Kobes masiah because you watched his first cross over in preschool , but that doesn't mean everyone else is bashing him because they weren't there for that glorious moment

lakerfan85
01-23-2015, 01:03 PM
What's up with the title of this thread anyway? It makes it sound like he's dying..

L8kers4life
01-23-2015, 01:05 PM

He only lost last year, the year before he played the whole year and got injured 2nd to last game of the season. This year he has played almost half the year, so no its not 2.5 or 3 years.

FlashBolt
01-23-2015, 01:46 PM

Kobe has been the best player in the NBA for 15 years? HAHA. Kobe's shooting 37% from the field. In contrast, LeBron is shooting 50% from the field.. down 57%. Yet, we're saying LeBron is done because his FG% isn't as great. Whereas, not a lot of people realize that Kobe is shooting 37% from the field. That is the worst FG% for someone who is about to play in the ASG and the worst for someone who gets paid the most in the NBA. That's such an arrogant post because you're calling everyone out for speaking the truth. You're just in disbelief. Kobe has been done for quite some time now. But hey, seeing as you think Kobe has been the best player for 15+ years, I can't argue with you. At that point, it is irrefutably obvious that you have lost your mind.

Kashmir13579
01-23-2015, 01:52 PM
I'll miss the plot more than his on court performance. I was still a pup when he was the real Kobe..

Sactown
01-23-2015, 02:12 PM
Haha Kobe on Twitter , this is what happens when you pass to much

L8kers4life
01-23-2015, 02:14 PM
Kobe has been the best player in the NBA for 15 years? HAHA. Kobe's shooting 37% from the field. In contrast, LeBron is shooting 50% from the field.. down 57%. Yet, we're saying LeBron is done because his FG% isn't as great. Whereas, not a lot of people realize that Kobe is shooting 37% from the field. That is the worst FG% for someone who is about to play in the ASG and the worst for someone who gets paid the most in the NBA. That's such an arrogant post because you're calling everyone out for speaking the truth. You're just in disbelief. Kobe has been done for quite some time now. But hey, seeing as you think Kobe has been the best player for 15+ years, I can't argue with you. At that point, it is irrefutably obvious that you have lost your mind.

He said best in the game for your team for 15 years, not Kobe was the best in the game for 15 years. Big difference.

TheIlladelph16
01-23-2015, 02:17 PM

Why am I not shocked by this type of post....

You're right, you are the ONLY ones who watch games and could possibly understand what that's like. /s

FlashBolt
01-23-2015, 02:19 PM
He said best in the game for your team for 15 years, not Kobe was the best in the game for 15 years. Big difference.

The way he wrote it says he's been the the best in his game for 15 years. Should have wrote that Kobe has been the best player on his team for 15 years.

Chronz
01-23-2015, 02:29 PM

Thats another reason why hes coming back, so he doesn't go out like that. I would preserve those knees this season anyways.

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 02:35 PM
Thats another reason why hes coming back, so he doesn't go out like that. I would preserve those knees this season anyways.

Do you see him coming back if the Lakers don't build a playoff team via FA this year?

PurpleLynch
01-23-2015, 02:40 PM
Do you see him coming back if the Lakers don't build a playoff team via FA this year?

I think yes. It's his contract and Lakers FO wants to milk him to the last drop of money. Plus he's not gonna miss an entire season just because Lakers won't be competitive. He wants to play and I think next season will be his final one,unfortunately.

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 02:47 PM
I think yes. It's his contract and Lakers FO wants to milk him to the last drop of money. Plus he's not gonna miss an entire season just because Lakers won't be competitive. He wants to play and I think next season will be his final one,unfortunately.

I personally cannot see him joining a lottery bound team again next year.

Chronz
01-23-2015, 02:59 PM

Hes too competitive not to at least try another 30 game run, but yea, hes gonna want to see some changes. Hopefully Randle recovers and the Lakers keep their pick. If not, then its likely he retires midway through the year.

I like to draw parallels from history and just the other day I'm reading this old Mikan book, mostly focusing on his comeback attempt with the newly created shot clock. From the words of his teammates, the guy was pretty much done but he played at a high enough level that both held back the development of his eventual replacement, but also prevented the team from outright tanking. Allegedly, they wanted to do whatever they could to land the #1 prospect from USF that year (1956). Its crazy to imagine this what if scenario but the Lakers were after Bill Russell, in a way, the teams inability to cut Mikan off was pivotal in missing out on Russell. Its abit of a sad way to end the story but the author left that in there, now Im not saying thats what Kobe is doing or that the Lakers should move on, I actually think the opposite. I feel like Kobe shutting it down is like getting the best of both worlds. They got to see him play and now get to tank the rest of the way. I hope Kobe has one last playoff appearance, that should satisfy him enough to call it a night I think.

Jamiecballer
01-23-2015, 03:06 PM
Rest In Peace Kobe. You are one of the greats, but I can't say I will miss you.

TheRazorboy
01-23-2015, 03:23 PM
We already lost Kobe a while ago.

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 04:58 PM
Really is a "what have you done for me lately" world. Too much disrespect for one of the GOATs. All the guys you root for haven't come close to sniffing what Kobe has accomplished in this league, and you can hate his playing style all you want but it obviously worked at an elite-of-the-elite level for a very long time, and his work ethic is legendary - you can't disrespect that.

rhd420
01-23-2015, 05:07 PM
Really is a "what have you done for me lately" world. Too much disrespect for one of the GOATs. All the guys you root for haven't come close to sniffing what Kobe has accomplished in this league, and you can hate his playing style all you want but it obviously worked at an elite-of-the-elite level for a very long time, and his work ethic is legendary - you can't disrespect that.

- what disrespect? You hit it on the head, this is a "what have you done for me lately" world - but also what can you DO for me now. This is the thought process of Lakers management and Kobe, not saying at all it was the right or wrong thinking but it was to appease the Kobe fans, literally putting the money where the respect is

Your accomplishments only last you so long, ask MJ or any great, at some point no amount respect or disrespect to a player is going to hit more than reality and father time

colinskik
01-23-2015, 05:21 PM
I wish Kobe would just re-invent himself after this year. Trying to put up tons of points is just to stressful on his body. Im a huge fan of his facilitating game because its not just pretty, but its effective. If he tried, I have no doubt he could average 10 asst a game. That 17 asst game he had against the Cavs was a joy to watch. That was winning basketball. They lost, but his ability to facilitate kept it pretty close. His efficient scoring days are done, but I think he could go three more years as a top facilitator just because he's that talented. Kobe at this stage should be a 16-10 guy. If he had that mindset, with some championship talent around him, I think he could lead a team from the point guard role, and challenge for a ring. As long as he keeps trying to be a league leading scorer, it doesn't matter who he's got on his team...losses will just pile up, and he will end up limping off the court every other week until he finally decides to retire.

I think Kobe can easily take on a facilitator-heavy role on this team and have success doing it IF the Lakers are able to sign someone who can be their main scoring threat. Only problem with that is finding someone who Kobe respects enough and deems a number one option. If he doesn't respect the guy (which seems like a consistent thing for him), then he'll go back to chucking up shots.

Maybe the Lakers somehow snag Marc Gasol? Kobe might respect him as a Pau who actually plays D and isn't a cupcake.

Still, Kobe will most likely play next year to finish off his contract and either give it one last run with some new signings, get traded to a contender to win one more ring, or get a Derek Jeter-like farewell tour if nothing else.

RowBTrice
01-23-2015, 05:31 PM

Well yes, actually I can. It's a free world. Plus, he's not a good person. Hope kobe is gone forever.

AIverson
01-23-2015, 05:34 PM
He can't retire fast enough for me. I do, however, truly feel bad for his fans. He's bigger than just a basketball player for some people and I can relate to that.

Tony_Starks
01-23-2015, 05:37 PM

I wonder after he is gone how many haters will eventually have that moment of clarity like "wow, I really squandered years hating on one of the greatest ever when I could've just been enjoying the show!"

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 05:37 PM
Well yes, actually I can. It's a free world. Plus, he's not a good person. Hope kobe is gone forever.

If you disrespect supreme work ethic, that says more about you than Kobe.

JV35
01-23-2015, 05:38 PM
If he opts for season-ending surgery, I'd expect him back next year.

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 05:39 PM
If you are in your 20s like I am, most of you have seen thousands of NBA players over the years. Kobe is better than all of them outside of 2. If you are a basketball fan, you should have respect for one of the best to ever do it and respect one of the greatest winners of our generation.

Jamiecballer
01-23-2015, 05:40 PM
I wonder after he is gone how many haters will eventually have that moment of clarity like "wow, I really squandered years hating on one of the greatest ever when I could've just been enjoying the show!"

it won't happen to me. i like good basketball way more than a good game of horse.

D-Leethal
01-23-2015, 05:45 PM
it won't happen to me. i like good basketball way more than a good game of horse.

You don't win 5 rings without playing good basketball.

bledrules
01-23-2015, 06:26 PM
What a shame,one of the biggest pieces of garbage (second only to LBJ) to ever step on a basketball court is hurt

kdspurman
01-23-2015, 06:36 PM

I know what it's like :shrug:

But there are a lot of folks who will miss Kobe when he's gone. I've grown to respect him as a player, and I'm hoping when he decides to hang em' up, he goes out on his own, which I'm sure he will. Of course guys will be negative about it, but I think overall most respect his game and what he's done for the game. What he's done on the court can't be denied.

Sactown
01-23-2015, 06:46 PM
Don't understand why PSD can't have a thread where everyone is just respectful about the topic, love, hate, or indifference for Kobe doesn't change what he's accomplished what he did in his career. Nor does it give you the right to shove him down peoples throats...

Jamiecballer
01-23-2015, 06:46 PM
You don't win 5 rings without playing good basketball.
You can if you are supremely talented and have great teammates.

KobeOwnSU
01-23-2015, 06:55 PM
I've grown up on Kobe. I was 8 when he was drafted. He won his rings throughout my teen years and early 20's. Of course he is my favorite athlete and it might be a little emotional when he does retire. But I also have perspective, not to mention I am a Lakers fan before a Kobe fan. In an ideal world, I want what is best for both. I understand why others hate on his game but it doesn't bother me. I just hope we can all sit back at the end and enjoy the greatness of Kobe Bryant.

L8kers4life
01-23-2015, 07:04 PM

True statement, so whats Lebrons problem then? he chose the talent he wanted, he went to a team that had a leader that won before he got their, and has always been on teams built for a championship. Why does he only have 2?

Why did LeBron leave a team that had just been to 4 championship series in a row and won 2 rings doing so. So Kobe broke up the Shaq and Kobe Lakers, Bron broke up the Heatles. I love how no one mentions that

L8kers4life
01-23-2015, 07:09 PM

So what your saying is, LeBron is supremely Talented but he didn't have great teammates?

Wow, this is getting better by the minute. I feel like LeBron fans are beginning to dig a hole. Would you not agree that LeBron the last 5 years has had more talent than any team in the East? It's not even close.

kdspurman
01-23-2015, 07:17 PM
I've grown up on Kobe. I was 8 when he was drafted. He won his rings throughout my teen years and early 20's. Of course he is my favorite athlete and it might be a little emotional when he does retire. But I also have perspective, not to mention I am a Lakers fan before a Kobe fan. In an ideal world, I want what is best for both. I understand why others hate on his game but it doesn't bother me. I just hope we can all sit back at the end and enjoy the greatness of Kobe Bryant.

well said

bledrules
01-23-2015, 07:24 PM
Its a shame you kids have no clue what NBA basketball was all you see are these idiots out there now who don't give a **** about anything but themselves

IKnowHoops
01-23-2015, 07:34 PM
So what your saying is, LeBron is supremely Talented but he didn't have great teammates?

Wow, this is getting better by the minute. I feel like LeBron fans are beginning to dig a hole. Would you not agree that LeBron the last 5 years has had more talent than any team in the East? It's not even close.

Phil Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eric Spoelstra
Shaq>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wade
Bosh>Glen Rice
Lakers Bench>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Heat Bench
Bron>>>>>>Kobe
Wades injury likelihood>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lakers Team

At the end of the day, the Lakers had a lot more going for it. Take Kobe off the Lakers and they are still a top 3 seed in the West. Take Lebron off the Heat and 10th seed in the east.

Kobe wasn't even necessary in his first ring, and his team won as he shot like 6 for 24 in his last ring. The Heat depended on Bron much more than the Lakers depended on Kobe.

KobeOwnSU
01-23-2015, 07:48 PM
You are being foolish if you don't think those Lakers team played and won as a team. Their is not a chance in hell they beat the late 90's, early 00's versions of the Kings and Spurs with me basketball.

L8kers4life
01-23-2015, 07:55 PM
Phil Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Eric Spoelstra
Bosh>Glen Rice
Bron>>>>>>Kobe

At the end of the day, the Lakers had a lot more going for it. Take Kobe off the Lakers and they are still a top 3 seed in the West. Take Lebron off the Heat and 10th seed in the east.

Kobe wasn't even necessary in his first ring, and his team won as he shot like 6 for 24 in his last ring. The Heat depended on Bron much more than the Lakers depended on Kobe.

Nice try Bud, the east is better than last year, and the Heat are a Seven Seed right now, where did you get 10 seed, did you just make that up?. Kobe put up Scottie Pippen like Numbers in his first finals, you definitely cant say he wasn't needed. How old are you, you obviously didn't see them play Indiana that year, Kobe hit a game winner in that series, also guarded Indiana's 2 best players in Reggie and Mark Jackson, while playing with a bad sprained ankle. And his last ring, your talking about one game in which he also hit a clutch shot and added 15 rebounds, and game 6 he had like 45.

Take Kobe off those Lakers and they would not be 3rd, lets not forget that was during the time when San Antonio, Portland, Houston, Sacramento, Utah and Minnesota all had really good teams, and Kobe was the primary facilitator and best perimeter defender and second leading scorer on those teams. You obviously did not watch the Lakers then, so please just stop. The west was stacked.

L8kers4life
01-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Lets go LeBron fans, these are all valid arguments, where are you now?

Jamiecballer
01-23-2015, 08:04 PM
True statement, so whats Lebrons problem then? he chose the talent he wanted, he went to a team that had a leader that won before he got their, and has always been on teams built for a championship. Why does he only have 2?

Why did LeBron leave a team that had just been to 4 championship series in a row and won 2 rings doing so. So Kobe broke up the Shaq and Kobe Lakers, Bron broke up the Heatles. I love how no one mentions that
LeBron has proven to be a poor at selecting teammates that compliment his game. The best compliment to a superstar wing is always going to be a dominant post player IMO. Both Gasol and O'Neal are far better compliments than any LeBron has had. Gasol runs circles around Bosh as a post player which is why Bosh's talents were marginalized.

And LMFAO at LeBron having teams built for championships.

L8kers4life
01-23-2015, 08:17 PM
LeBron has proven to be a poor at selecting teammates that compliment his game. The best compliment to a superstar wing is always going to be a dominant post player IMO. Both Gasol and O'Neal are far better compliments than any LeBron has had. Gasol runs circles around Bosh as a post player which is why Bosh's talents were marginalized.

And LMFAO at LeBron having teams built for championships.

Hey he said it, Not 1 not 2, Not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7. And the results agree with me, he has gone to 4 straight finals. It's not like the east was loaded with talent. So yes his teams were built for championships. Do you not agree, that Lebron has had the most talent in the East the last 5 years running.

You are right though, he does not have the best taste in big men, he likes soft big men, who can shoot 3's. Maybe that's because he doesn't want the lane clogged.

Jamiecballer
01-23-2015, 08:48 PM
Hey he said it, Not 1 not 2, Not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7. And the results agree with me, he has gone to 4 straight finals. It's not like the east was loaded with talent. So yes his teams were built for championships. Do you not agree, that Lebron has had the most talent in the East the last 5 years running.

You are right though, he does not have the best taste in big men, he likes soft big men, who can shoot 3's. Maybe that's because he doesn't want the lane clogged.
He went to the finals 4 years in a row - sure. If that's playing on teams built for championships then you'd have to say the same of Kobe. Or we could acknowledge that they are both important parts of WHY they were championship caliber teams.

And yes the Heat were the most talented team for those teams but the same would be true for half the leagues teams if LeBron was added to them.

nastynice
01-23-2015, 09:11 PM
I think once kobe retires people will start to truly respect what a great player and true nba legend he is. Its always sad to see the best of the biz wrap it up, but its gotta happen sooner or later.

I really like his fire, even more than his game it was his fire that reminded me of Jordan. They just don't make em like that anymore, I don't know what it is, but they just don't. It may have even hindered him at times, but I still respect it, its something that a player either has or doesn't, and there's no doubt he had it.

nastynice
01-23-2015, 09:12 PM
oh for **** sake, why, why always lebron brought up in kobe threads, and kobe brought up in lebron threads. Like on the real, aren't you guys tired of that already?? Just enjoy greatness man, that's my advice, stop being so bitter about other players' greatness, and just enjoy it. I'm happy I get to watch players like these two play.

PowerHouse
01-23-2015, 09:13 PM
Nice try Bud, the east is better than last year, and the Heat are a Seven Seed right now, where did you get 10 seed, did you just make that up?. Kobe put up Scottie Pippen like Numbers in his first finals, you definitely cant say he wasn't needed. How old are you, you obviously didn't see them play Indiana that year, Kobe hit a game winner in that series, also guarded Indiana's 2 best players in Reggie and Mark Jackson, while playing with a bad sprained ankle. And his last ring, your talking about one game in which he also hit a clutch shot and added 15 rebounds, and game 6 he had like 45.

Take Kobe off those Lakers and they would not be 3rd, lets not forget that was during the time when San Antonio, Portland, Houston, Sacramento, Utah and Minnesota all had really good teams, and Kobe was the primary facilitator and best perimeter defender and second leading scorer on those teams. You obviously did not watch the Lakers then, so please just stop. The west was stacked.

Dont worry about what he says, 90% of what he types is pure ignorance. When he decided to name himself his name, he should have said Iknowhoops2010and^only. Even that is stretching it a bit.

PowerHouse
01-23-2015, 09:20 PM
oh for **** sake, why, why always lebron brought up in kobe threads, and kobe brought up in lebron threads. Like on the real, aren't you guys tired of that already?? Just enjoy greatness man, that's my advice, stop being so bitter about other players' greatness, and just enjoy it. I'm happy I get to watch players like these two play.

Since they are the two biggest legends in the league today, comparing them is just what people naturally tend to do uncontrollably. Even when Kobe-haters try their hardest to put Kobe down and Lebron-haters try to put Lebron down, they dont even realize that they are actually complimenting them just by comparing them to greatness.

The biggest insult of all would be to never bring their name up and let them fade into obscurity but that simply cant happen with legends.

nastynice
01-23-2015, 09:26 PM
Since they are the two biggest legends in the league today, comparing them is just what people naturally tend to do uncontrollably. Even when Kobe-haters try their hardest to put Kobe down and Lebron-haters try to put Lebron down, they dont even realize that they are actually complimenting them just by comparing them to greatness.

The biggest insult of all would be to never bring their name up and let them fade into obscurity but that simply cant happen with legends.

Yea, that's actually a pretty good point there. Ok my bad, please everyone, continue hating as you please...

mngopher35
01-23-2015, 09:41 PM
If I start comparing them to wiggins does that mean he will be on their level too? Pretty sure that works right?

Wiggins>Lebron/Kobe

numba1CHANGsta
01-23-2015, 09:53 PM
All of you haters are just jealous cuz the 2nd greatest SG of all-time never played for your team (excluding Bulls) lol

PowerHouse
01-23-2015, 10:05 PM
If I start comparing them to wiggins does that mean he will be on their level too? Pretty sure that works right?

Wiggins>Lebron/Kobe

You've got it reversed. Its not the comparing that makes the legend, its the legend that makes the comparing.

But you were probably just joking anyways. Good one.

still1ballin
01-23-2015, 10:11 PM
Colby brian is Ze gratest; no ?s askd,

mngopher35
01-23-2015, 10:15 PM
You've got it reversed. Its not the comparing that makes the legend, its the legend that makes the comparing.

But you were probably just joking anyways. Good one.

Haha ya I was joking, I understood what you were saying. On the off chance the reverse works too I had to throw that in there. I wouldn't mind wiggins hittin their level of play...

kdspurman
01-23-2015, 10:16 PM

Seriously

L8kers4life
01-23-2015, 10:20 PM
Dont worry about what he says, 90% of what he types is pure ignorance. When he decided to name himself his name, he should have said Iknowhoops2010and^only. Even that is stretching it a bit.

Lol, priceless

RLundi
01-23-2015, 11:01 PM
All of you haters are just jealous cuz the 2nd greatest SG of all-time never played for your team (excluding Bulls) lol

Yes that's it.

jaydubb
01-23-2015, 11:04 PM
Colby brian is Ze gratest; no ?s askd,

^^^
Couldn't have said it better myself..

Lakers + Giants
01-23-2015, 11:08 PM

I actually completely agree. I love kobe, but his selfishness was what made him great, now it's turning out to be his downfall. If he doesn't re-invent his game he's done, if he isn't already.

ldawg
01-24-2015, 01:10 AM
I actually completely agree. I love kobe, but his selfishness was what made him great, now it's turning out to be his downfall. If he doesn't re-invent his game he's done, if he isn't already.i thought he was done two years ago? Kobe and the Lakers have not won 1 playoff game since Phil was let go.

L8kers4life
01-24-2015, 01:19 AM
i thought he was done two years ago? Kobe and the Lakers have not won 1 playoff game since Phil was let go.

If Kobe didn't blow out his Achilles two games before the *** on ended that would have got that win, they were like 32-11 the last 43 he played.

DaLakerz Rulz
01-24-2015, 04:31 AM
haters can keep hating. but colby bb gun brian (ze gratest no ? askd), will be flying away soon to do bigger and better things.

IKnowHoops
01-24-2015, 05:06 AM
Lol, priceless

He's Blake and your his trainer.

ldawg
01-24-2015, 06:53 AM
If Kobe didn't blow out his Achilles two games before the *** on ended that would have got that win, they were like 32-11 the last 43 he played.thats why its 2 years and not 4. He played well leading up to the injury.

Chrisclover
01-24-2015, 11:02 AM
I want him to come back without the lust of dominating the ball. Now I am just curious if any free agent star will believe he will relinquish the power and come to town in this upcoming summer.

Chrisclover
01-24-2015, 11:05 AM
He was gone the moment he suffered that injury. He just hasn't been the same mentally and physically. Sorry folks, the 28 points Kobe is gone. Either he let's someone else finally take the torch (lots of great free agents next season), or he continues playing till 40+ and become the "Jamal Crawford" of the Lakers (scoring 18 ppg). Honestly, he has too much pride and competitiveness to do that and so, this is probably his final two seasons.
quote 2k13, he doesn't like to be dominated and not being dominant.

Chrisclover
01-24-2015, 11:07 AM
10 assists per game isn't probable. Only floor generals like CP3 can pull that off. 8 at best for Kobe.

Chrisclover
01-24-2015, 11:53 AM
The only way Kobe isn't done is if he leaves LA somehow, which I don't believe will ever happen.

He needs to be on a true contender as the 3rd option, not on a terrible team as the #1 option. LA doesn't have any assets or enough time to build around Kobe and give him the help he needs, so as long as he's playing in LA and wants to win he'll be playing big minutes and jacking up tons of shots.

If he'd realize this and be ok with a Manu Ginobili type role I bet he could effectively play for at least a few more years and compete for a championship with another team. I think his pride won't allow that though.
Speaking of Ginobili, too bad that he is so fragile. He is a bit younger than Kobe yet his body isn't as strong as Kobe 's. The Spurs would have benefited much more had he stayed healthy.

PurpleLynch
01-24-2015, 01:34 PM
Bosh>Glen Rice
Bron>>>>>>Kobe

Lakers 2001:Harper,Shaw,Horry,Rider,Penberthy,Lue,George, Madsen,Foster,Medvedenko.

Heat(championship runs):Battier,Lewis,Cole,Haslem,Miller,Andersen,An thony,Howard,Jones.

Why Lakers one should be better?

Confusious
01-24-2015, 02:59 PM
Legend or not, I won't miss him.

kdspurman
01-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Speaking of Ginobili, too bad that he is so fragile. He is a bit younger than Kobe yet his body isn't as strong as Kobe 's. The Spurs would have benefited much more had he stayed healthy.

not that this is relevant, but manu is a year older than kobe actually, and with his international play, may have even more mileage. he's also lot more reckless with his body on the court, which probably isn't a good thing, but that's who he is.

PurpleLynch
01-24-2015, 05:14 PM
Bye-bye Kobe the Rapist. Good job stealing $48 million and ruining your team on your way out the door. Stay Classy!

That's all you got,kid?

Have you still bad nightmares from last SB?

KobeOwnSU
01-24-2015, 07:03 PM
Ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca!!!!!!!!! Soon he will be free as a seagull!! Ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca!!

Seizabmc
01-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Kobe will retire and then come back next season on a vet min contract to join his buddy's melo/ Phil/ and fisher to play for the knicks!

Chrisclover
01-24-2015, 10:25 PM
I'll miss the old cut throat ice in vains kobe, not this post Achilles injury kobe that just hacks up shots and prays that they go in..

I don't think he's done, he'll be back for at least 1 more year while he still has that crazy contract, but for the sake of his legacy I really do hope he leaves the Lakers and goes to a contender as a 3rd-4th option.. I hate seeing him go out like this, he's not gonna do **** on this pathetic laker team so if he really wants another ring he needs to go.
He once said that it(winning a 6th ring)was gonna happen here or it was not gonna happen. He had already committed himself as a Laker for life. Reneging will just make him a traitor no different than James in the eyes of devout fans. .

Chrisclover
01-25-2015, 01:20 AM
Ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca!!!!!!!!! Soon he will be free as a seagull!! Ca ca ca ca ca ca ca ca!!
LOL. In that case, he could relish as much fish as he wants. Due to the glorious and consistent playoffs run, he has missed out a whole lot of fishing opportunities.
Ca ca ca.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 02:12 AM
Lakers 2001:Harper,Shaw,Horry,Rider,Penberthy,Lue,George, Madsen,Foster,Medvedenko.

Heat(championship runs):Battier,Lewis,Cole,Haslem,Miller,Andersen,An thony,Howard,Jones.

Why Lakers one should be better?

Id take Horry over any 3 guys on that Heat Bench. Wouldn't you?

jaydubb
01-25-2015, 10:26 AM
Id take Horry over any 3 guys on that Heat Bench. Wouldn't you?

If I was the laker GM and the heat GM approached me and asked if I wanted Ray Allen, Chris Anderson, and Shane battier or any other combination of 3 heat bench players for Robert horry, I would say "um yea, do you want a pick too?"