PDA

View Full Version : Lamarcus Aldridge out 6-8 weeks. (Thumb surgery)

Htownballa1622
01-22-2015, 10:23 PM
http://www.nba.com/blazers/lamarcus-aldridge-will-undergo-surgery-repair-ligament-tear

Hate injuries. Last season, Blazers were a healthy team. Do they slide in standings? Does Dame insert his name more into mvp vote?

J4KOP99
01-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Portland has the absolute worst luck when it comes to injuries

goingfor28
01-22-2015, 10:38 PM
Damn. Big blow. 6-8 weeks without LMA won't be fun for Portland.

tredigs
01-22-2015, 10:40 PM
http://www.nba.com/blazers/lamarcus-aldridge-will-undergo-surgery-repair-ligament-tear

Hate injuries. Last season, Blazers were a healthy team. Do they slide in standings? Does Dame insert his name more into mvp vote?

I think Dame relies heavily on the attention LMA draws. If he's out that long I'm guessing they're going to fall to 7th and he won't be in the outside running for MVP any longer. Really sucks for POR, that injury bug they escaped all last year is rearing its ugly head.

tredigs
01-22-2015, 10:41 PM
Portland has the absolute worst luck when it comes to injuries

Tough for me to think of a less injured team over the last couple years to be honest. What makes you say that?

Htownballa1622
01-22-2015, 11:04 PM
I think Dame relies heavily on the attention LMA draws. If he's out that long I'm guessing they're going to fall to 7th and he won't be in the outside running for MVP any longer. Really sucks for POR, that injury bug they escaped all last year is rearing its ugly head.
Yeah it will really test them. They're down to Leonard and caveman. Crazy.

Tough for me to think of a less injured team over the last couple years to be honest. What makes you say that?

I think he's referring to oden,Roy etc. But to be fair...they HAVE been fairly healthy the past couple seasons until now so I agree with u.

tredigs
01-22-2015, 11:28 PM
Yeah it will really test them. They're down to Leonard and caveman. Crazy.

I think he's referring to oden,Roy etc. But to be fair...they HAVE been fairly healthy the past couple seasons until now so I agree with u.

Oh true. I wasn't even thinking about them, but those are well in the past and LMA is certainly not on that path.

But yeah, especially with Lopez out they're in trouble. Part of the reason I though POR was a decent candidate to not make the playoffs this year (in the preseason), was because they were winning so many close games despite having the healthiest roster in the NBA. But they started so damn hot and with such great D this year that they have some leeway. Shouldn't fall below 7.

Htownballa1622
01-22-2015, 11:48 PM
Oh true. I wasn't even thinking about them, but those are well in the past and LMA is certainly not on that path.

But yeah, especially with Lopez out they're in trouble. Part of the reason I though POR was a decent candidate to not make the playoffs this year (in the preseason), was because they were winning so many close games despite having the healthiest roster in the NBA. But they started so damn hot and with such great D this year that they have some leeway. Shouldn't fall below 7.

Yeah, I personally would love to see them or Dallas round one.

I want no part of clips or gsw.

InRoseWeTrust
01-23-2015, 12:15 AM
That blows.

Tony_Starks
01-23-2015, 12:26 AM
Tough break. I think Lillard will step up like Westbrook did when KD went down though. That boy is on another level this year....

FlashBolt
01-23-2015, 01:39 AM
Bad news for Portland but just in time for the All Star break.. so they did cut some sort of break with the one week break coming. I just think this is time for Portland to step up. Batum hasn't been great for them. It's time for Wesley to take his game to the next level as well if he wants that max contract. still, losing LA will drop them a couple of spots back and potentially out of the playoffs. They are just 5 games over Phoenix and with OKC coming up, we might see them getting bumped out entirely. the danger of the Western conference is insane. Your best player missing five games could potentially remove you from the playoffs.. meanwhile, LeBron took 8 games off and his team was still comfortable in the standings.

Iron24th
01-23-2015, 01:58 AM
Big blow, but it's part of the game.

Saddletramp
01-23-2015, 02:42 AM
And then Batum goes out with an injured wrist. Injuries are one of the worst things about sports.

TheNumber37
01-23-2015, 03:43 AM
Cousins All Star?

They should sign Blatche