PDA

View Full Version : Rockets. Warriors. Who do you take in a 7 game series: Part II - McHale vs Kerr

lol, please
01-22-2015, 05:28 PM
The saga continues. Minimal, albeit meaningful roster changes, a new coach for the Dubs, the west deeper than ever, and each respective fanbase more passionate than ever. Harden is more efficient. Klay is on another level. Dwight is still a disappointment. Green has been a pleasant surprise. Smith provides an upgrade to the Rockets. Both teams capable of beating anyone on a good night. both teams with loads of talent. Both teams fought for Dwight Howard. Who would take a 7 game series and would advance towards the finals, to win a coveted championship?

This is the continuation of this thread:
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?832260-Rockets-Warriors-Who-do-you-take-in-a-7-game-series/page32

Let the debate begin!!

Goose17
01-22-2015, 05:42 PM
There's no debate this year. Anything can happen. West is deep, anyone can beat anyone.

However, I think everyone including Houston fans will agree that the Dubs would be favourites to win a seven game series against the Rockets.

A better discussion would be Houston vs Dallas or Golden State vs Memphis/San Antonio.

goingfor28
01-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Gs 4-1

Saddletramp
01-22-2015, 05:48 PM
I wonder what Rockets fans would be called if they had the best record in the league and swept the Warriors and then asked this question?

Right now, the Warriors are on a different level than any other team in the league. Unless things change between now and then, they'll be favored over everybody come playoff time.

IKnowHoops
01-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Golden State is better. They would win right now.

lol, please
01-22-2015, 05:53 PM
For some context: Rockets SRS is curently 3.82, off rtg 106.6, def rtg 102.6 - the Dubs SRS 11.30, off rtg 112.0, def rtg 100.1.

It should be noted that while a defensive liability, Hardens WS is a whopping 9.2. Can he be a difference maker in a 7 game series when it counts the most?

goingfor28
01-22-2015, 05:55 PM
I wonder what Rockets fans would be called if they had the best record in the league and swept the Warriors and then asked this question?

Right now, the Warriors are on a different level than any other team in the league. Unless things change between now and then, they'll be favored over everybody come playoff time.
They're notn on a different level than every team. They're #1 but Portland and Atlanta are right there as well.

Htownballa1622
01-22-2015, 05:58 PM
:facepalm:

Not a bait thread at all?

This guy has been itching to talk more ****. He even went back to a thread from 9 months ago to post. Get a life.

Thread should be closed on account for stupid thread (dubs obviously favored ), no basis or point for thread, and op is....let me not get banned.

Saddletramp
01-22-2015, 06:00 PM
They're notn on a different level than every team. They're #1 but Portland and Atlanta are right there as well.

Although I still think they're better than Atlanta (can't wait for that game) I shoulda put in the West, since this is about two Western teams in the playoffs. And Portland is a level below with Memphis, SA and OKC (assuming all are healthy). The Rockets, Mavs and Clippers are in that third tier.

All, of course, in my opinion.

lol, please
01-22-2015, 06:01 PM

I agree with this. Not to mention the Spurs and OKC can turn it on and around in an instant.

Remember the Nuggets and Portland a few seasons ago? You can't always bet on a great record and chemistry, anything can happen, injuries included, and individual player experience is a big factor come playoff time.

tredigs
01-22-2015, 06:07 PM
Like I said in the game thread, RIP to this debate. It's now a troll thread and should be closed on account of that.

Tony_Starks
01-22-2015, 06:10 PM
No need to rub it in,we already know what it is.....

lol, please
01-22-2015, 06:11 PM
Like I said in the game thread, RIP to this debate. It's now a troll thread and should be closed on account of that.

Of all people you should know it's a valid discussion and regular season series are meaningless come playoff time. You also said that based off of emotion from last nights game. The warriors aren't head and shoulders above other teams in the west, as impressive as the season has been thus far, a string of losses changes the perception dramatically. Both teams have something to prove in the playoffs, and there are alot of games to play still. To think the Rockets are playing to their maximum potential is ludicrous, they can beat anyone when shots go in, they make stops, they keep their composure, and are healthy.

mngopher35
01-22-2015, 06:12 PM
Such a troll, all you ever do is try to get a rise from people...

Iron24th
01-22-2015, 06:19 PM
Right now the dubs are better, no doubt.

lol, please
01-22-2015, 06:20 PM
Such a troll, all you ever do is try to get a rise from people...

We aren't comparing the 95 bulls to the 2015 Knicks here, both teams can make a deep playoff run, it's a valid discussion. The Warriors can regress and the Rockets can go on a tear. Have you paid attention to the season Harden is having thus far? The warriors had the Heats number the past two seasons yet the Heat would have been overwhelming favorites in a 7 game series before Lebron left, you can't make statements about a playoff scenario in absolute based on a 4 or 5 game regular season sample size.

Ariza's Better
01-22-2015, 06:25 PM
I'm pretty sure lol, please is a 25 white guy who jerks off everytime someone responds to one of his posts. And as someone who likes to help people, I'm posting on his thread so he can rub another one out. Your welcome lol, please. Your welcome.

albertajaysfan
01-22-2015, 06:27 PM

I wouldn't include Portland in the same category as Atlanta and GS. However I would argue those two teams are on another level then every other team right now. That could change with half the season left. It is pretty amazing that both these teams have 4.5 game leads or larger in their conference halfway through the season.

As for the point of this thread......not even going to bother. Although I will admit I am impressed at the posts in this thread. I thought it was going to be a disaster. Kudos to fans of both teams.

mngopher35
01-22-2015, 06:28 PM
My comment wasn't solely on this topic, I just read about 8 threads and you were doing similar things in others.

To make this topic one day after sweeping the series while also bringing up a very old rockets thread (which surprise you started) seems like trolling. This is a trend with you and I'm not the only one to notice in this instance as other posters have said here "no need to rub it in" a gs fan said "it is now a troll thread and should be closed".

lol, please
01-22-2015, 06:30 PM
I'm pretty sure lol, please is a 25 white guy who jerks off everytime someone responds to one of his posts. And as someone who likes to help people, I'm posting on his thread so he can rub another one out. Your welcome lol, please. Your welcome.

Despite your ad hominem attacks as of late, you are still a good poster Asiks better. Honestly, after a healthy OKC and Spurs teams, Houston presents the biggest thread in a 7 games series in the west in my honest but humble opinion. Bogut staying healthy is a huge factor for the warriors, we can play small ball, but without a true backup C, it's a scary matchup.

lol, please
01-22-2015, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't include Portland in the same category as Atlanta and GS. However I would argue those two teams are on another level then every other team right now. That could change with half the season left. It is pretty amazing that both these teams have 4.5 game leads or larger in their conference halfway through the season.

As for the point of this thread......not even going to bother. Although I will admit I am impressed at the posts in this thread. I thought it was going to be a disaster. Kudos to fans of both teams.
I haven't paid attention to Portland this season thus far, but it's evident I need to going forward. Time to make use of my NBA League Pass again.

tredigs
01-22-2015, 06:41 PM
I agree with this. Not to mention the Spurs and OKC can turn it on and around in an instant.

Remember the Nuggets and Portland a few seasons ago? You can't always bet on a great record and chemistry, anything can happen, injuries included, and individual player experience is a big factor come playoff time.

I'm fairly confident against OKC if we're full bore because I think ultimately we have a deeper team and better coaching (specifically the elite assistants that we have who are kind of flying under the radar), but I probably shouldn't be. At full bore they're obviously a monster and it's probably the most likely 1st round matchup for us. It will be the best 1st round matchup ever, that's for sure.

Ariza's Better
01-22-2015, 06:42 PM
Despite your ad hominem attacks as of late, you are still a good poster Asiks better. Honestly, after a healthy OKC and Spurs teams, Houston presents the biggest thread in a 7 games series in the west in my honest but humble opinion. Bogut staying healthy is a huge factor for the warriors, we can play small ball, but without a true backup C, it's a scary matchup.
Oh lol, please, you're making me blush. I love it when people kill me with kindness. Here, have another post to jerk off to on the house.

tredigs
01-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Of all people you should know it's a valid discussion and regular season series are meaningless come playoff time. You also said that based off of emotion from last nights game. The warriors aren't head and shoulders above other teams in the west, as impressive as the season has been thus far, a string of losses changes the perception dramatically. Both teams have something to prove in the playoffs, and there are alot of games to play still. To think the Rockets are playing to their maximum potential is ludicrous, they can beat anyone when shots go in, they make stops, they keep their composure, and are healthy.

We're better in literally every facet of the game though and that's pretty evident. It would take injuries for Houston to compete with GS. I just think you made the thread to bait, and I think you worded it specifically politely in order for it to pass through the "bait thread" filter.

lol, please
01-22-2015, 06:47 PM
I'm fairly confident against OKC if we're full bore because I think ultimately we have a deeper team and better coaching (specifically the elite assistants that we have who are kind of flying under the radar), but I probably shouldn't be. At full bore they're obviously a monster and it's probably the most likely 1st round matchup for us. It will be the best 1st round matchup ever, that's for sure.
I agree with the coaching advantage, but OKC is also deep, and Durant and Westbrook are absolute nightmares, you just can't stop Durant when he gets going. You just can't. It would be a great 1st round matchup, but the one that makes me the most nervous of all.

rockets-fan
01-22-2015, 07:07 PM
Warriors in 5, and that's if Houston is lucky.

They're a bad matchup for us plain and simple.

Bruno
01-22-2015, 07:16 PM
nobody is beating a healthy golden state this year. Houston won't advance to the WCF, maybe they get into round 2 this year.

Saddletramp
01-22-2015, 07:59 PM
:facepalm:

Not a bait thread at all?

This guy has been itching to talk more ****. He even went back to a thread from 9 months ago to post. Get a life.

Thread should be closed on account for stupid thread (dubs obviously favored ), no basis or point for thread, and op is....let me not get banned.

Now he's trolling the Rockets forum. I guess he's taking youknowwho's spot since youknowwho disappeared.

lakerfan85
01-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Bogut is key in the playoffs..

Htownballa1622
01-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Now he's trolling the Rockets forum. I guess he's taking youknowwho's spot since youknowwho disappeared.

Seriously. No life but to troll.

The irony is that in this thread he's trying to sound logical instead of the usual posts. "HE'S WET! OMG JIZZIN MY PANTZZ*drool*"

lol, please
01-22-2015, 09:11 PM
Bogut is key in the playoffs..
It sucks because while we have the ability to play small, I feel the lack of a true backup C is an Achilles heel, and not only is Bogut injury prone, but the warriors organization has a culture of milking injuries.

nastynice
01-22-2015, 10:12 PM
this can't be a serious thread. what kind of responses are you expecting?

How would you feel if spurs or grizz fans started up these type of threads after dominating us? not cool man, not cool

tredigs
01-22-2015, 10:49 PM

How would you feel if spurs or grizz fans started up these type of threads after dominating us? not cool man, not cool

To be fair, it's not without precedent. He's not just randomly picking the Rockets out of a hat. One of the longest threads of the year was this subject.

That said, he's still trolling.

tredigs
01-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Sets em up for the last laugh if they get out of the 1st round and we get bounced by OKC though.

SF8
01-22-2015, 10:58 PM
It won't be close. I think the series would be so terrible for Houston, I could see Dwight demanding trade (again) and getting McHale fired in the process.

likemystylez
01-22-2015, 11:59 PM

if you look at the raw record, they are ahead- but the dominance really shows if you look at the warriors margins. They play at a really high level on both ends of the court more consistently than any team in the league BY FAR

sixer04fan
01-23-2015, 12:37 AM
Blatant bait thread

lol, please
01-23-2015, 02:12 AM

It's been an ongoing discussion since the Howard sweepstakes, they bested us in the past two seasons and we finally best them this season albeit the season is still early though we don't play each other again, neither team has won a 'ship in that time, and neither team has been fully healthy or played at max potential come playoff time, it's a very applicable discussion. Both teams have something to prove. Not to mention, regular season series are meaningless come playoff time. Ask the Denver Nuggets. I would also like to add that the timing is coincidental, I have been meaning to make this for the past several weeks but due to work among other things I haven't had time to make any threads on psd at all until today.

sf-fanatic
01-23-2015, 02:33 AM
Lol at the thread

CluTcH_c1tY
01-23-2015, 02:45 PM
Dude we get it your team destroyed the Rockets. In the 90s the Sonics owned the Rockets. There's no doubt GS is better. Mchale is our problem along with poor competent PG play until we address that position I can't see the Rockets beating a team with an elite pg like Curry.

Sactown
01-23-2015, 02:53 PM
hard to say now, if season ended today I'd say Warriors as they're the much hotter team, but hard to say in January who would win, lots of things can change..

lol, please
01-23-2015, 08:25 PM
hard to say now, if season ended today I'd say Warriors as they're the much hotter team, but hard to say in January who would win, lots of things can change..
Great post. A realistic and rational fan right here. Anything can happen, you can't put too much stock into a regular season series, especially when the last game of said series is played before the AS break.

Legitimate
01-23-2015, 08:58 PM
why do people on this forum always claim "troll thread" when someone disagree's with them lol

lol, please
01-23-2015, 09:01 PM
why do people on this forum always claim "troll thread" when someone disagree's with them lol

Because it's lazy, and easy. This is as much a legitamate discussion as any. On paper talentwise the teams are very even, but because advanced metrics, team records, and strength of schedule have one team looking significantly better than the other halfway through the season, some people take the easy route of stating absolutes that are not justifiable nor supported by facts. Both teams still have much to prove, and this is the NBA, anything can happen.

Blitzbolt
01-23-2015, 11:28 PM
OKC Spurs Dallas and Grizzlies are all better In a 7 game series this 2 teams don't matter. They won't it make far.

lincecum=future
01-23-2015, 11:47 PM
OKC Spurs Dallas and Grizzlies are all better In a 7 game series this 2 teams don't matter. They won't it make far.

You're delusional. Warriors definitely don't match up well against the Griz or Spurs but definitely have the ability to beat any of those teams in a series. Bogut's health is obviously critical though.

houstonfan
01-24-2015, 12:04 AM
Did yall watch the 4 games between the Rockets and Warriors? Its obviously Houston.

moshy2
01-24-2015, 12:16 AM
Houston has as much talent as anyone. I felt they had a much better chance until last game when it showed how much we're in their heads now. Their frustration level got the best of them. Still tons of time, way too early to speculate. Both teams can be completely different by the time this theoretical series could happen

lol, please
01-24-2015, 12:20 AM
Houston has as much talent as anyone. I felt they had a much better chance until last game when it showed how much we're in their heads now. Their frustration level got the best of them. Still tons of time, way too early to speculate. Both teams can be completely different by the time this theoretical series could happen
Precisely. Well said.

Verbal Christ
01-24-2015, 12:49 AM
If I was a gambling man I'd reckon that Darryl Morey sees the same flaws that the layman on this board can see. This Rocket team as assembled wont be the same one in June and the trade deadline approaches. Terrence Jones is about to return. We get shat on and still are only what 6 games out of first place? Plenty of room to improve.

It is what it is = a bad matchup for the presently constructed HOU team GS fan can run his mouth all he wants he's earned it have fun with it, been a while eh? LOL

Would have been nice to see this GS team later in the season, but c'est la vie. Playoffs should be very, very chippy, luckily here on PSD only cool heads prevail. LOL

lol, please
01-24-2015, 08:26 PM
I agree, the team won't be the same, adjustments will be made, it's still early.

nastynice
01-24-2015, 11:55 PM

:nod: yup

Honestly, this was the biggest take away from that game to me. I'm sure if we meet rox in the playoffs they will be different, but that was still about as big a statement as one team could make to another potential playoff matchup team in the regular season. They already lost the game in the 2nd quarter, and its not just about the point differential.

Except Harden, I respect that dude, he was the only starter playing with a purpose in the 2nd half. The headbanders were too.

MAJOR disappointed in Howard that game. The previous game he was absolutely owning us in the paint. Couple strips completely threw him off his game. I don't think I ever seen a player of such size so soft. Even Bogut ain't that soft.

NYKnickFanatic
01-25-2015, 01:13 AM
But guys, no more Rockets threads. They are sensitive. Waaaah.

tredigs
01-25-2015, 12:44 PM
Because it's lazy, and easy. This is as much a legitamate discussion as any. On paper talentwise the teams are very even, but because advanced metrics, team records, and strength of schedule have one team looking significantly better than the other halfway through the season, some people take the easy route of stating absolutes that are not justifiable nor supported by facts. Both teams still have much to prove, and this is the NBA, anything can happen.
lmfao. Your troll is in superior form right now, i'll give you that.

FOBolous
01-25-2015, 12:46 PM

this. (some) Warrior fans are the new Kobe fans. all they do is troll. but PSD does nothing bout the people who does the trolling. all they do is ban people who defends themselves from trolling while allowing the trolls to run the board. it's no wonder that PSD isn't as active as it once was. i remembered when I first joined back in 2005, this was THE best board on the internet and i couldn't keep myself away from it. news of the latest trades, transactions, and rumors use to get posted on here before ESPN even caught wind of it. this was actually THE site i went to for basketball news. i visited everyday and posted everyday. not so much anymore. now it's just a board filled with trolls trying to rile people up. and if this continues, i might just stop visiting permanently.

Goose17
01-25-2015, 12:52 PM
this. (some) Warrior fans are the new Kobe fans. all they do is troll. but PSD does nothing bout the people who does the trolling.

By "some" you mean Lol,Please.

And by "do nothing" you mean they ban everyone from discussing your team for months because you got all upset about not being everyones favourite.

FOBolous
01-25-2015, 12:54 PM
this. (some) Warrior fans are the new Kobe fans. all they do is troll. but PSD does nothing bout the people who does the trolling. all they do is ban people who defends themselves from trolling while allowing the trolls to run the board. it's no wonder that PSD isn't as active as it once was. i remembered when I first joined back in 2005, this was THE best board on the internet and i couldn't keep myself away from it. news of the latest trades, transactions, and rumors use to get posted on here before ESPN even caught wind of it. this was actually THE site i went to for basketball news. i visited everyday and posted everyday. not so much anymore. now it's just a board filled with trolls trying to rile people up. and if this continues, i might just stop visiting permanently.

and judging by how much less active the board is compared to back then, i'm not the first and definitely won't be the last.

lol, please
01-25-2015, 02:52 PM
Warriors fans only drop facts. Most laker fans do also. It's convenient to say an unpopular opinion is trolling. Anyway, PSD is definitely the go to source on the web, and I would argue that it's growing in membership, also post activity fluctuates with the seasons and what goes on in sports. While we are talking about fanbases though, you can see for yourself that bay area sports forums on here are always booming, through the rough years and the successful ones, as true fans should be. You can't say the same for all fanbase forums on here sadly.

Now, what that has to do with the rockets being underrated this year and possibly posing a major threat to the warriors and anyone else in the playoffs, I will never know. Remember people crowning the Nuggets two seasons ago, and the Heat last season? How did that go again? Finals aren't won before the all star break, let's stop pretending like we know with certainty the outcome of a 7 game series.

Verbal Christ
01-25-2015, 03:36 PM
I'll agree with FOB in that this place has gone to hell in a handbasket. I'll pinpoint it to the day PSD sold out to corporate America and started taking in the money. Soon as that happened MODS were encouraged to push certain agendas and ban those who didnt fit the mold.

This isnt my first board anymore, it used to be.

KnicksorBust
01-25-2015, 03:45 PM
Even tho the smart money would be on Gstate I was going to make a case for the Rockets. Now after looking at the thread I am afraid I would just be deemed a troll. Lol

Goose17
01-25-2015, 03:50 PM
Even tho the smart money would be on Gstate I was going to make a case for the Rockets. Now after looking at the thread I am afraid I would just be deemed a troll. Lol

Honestly I see no point in discussing this, it was clearly a troll thread to begin with. And there's some major trolls on both sides, FOB is the Lol,Please of the Rockets world.

Best just to let it die.

lol, please
01-25-2015, 04:17 PM
Don't listen to the trolls (Irony?) Who are quick to label anything rockets related bait. A case can be made for the rockets which is precisely why this thread is a valid conversation, not to mention it's a continuation of a discussion that has transcended last season.

Goose17
01-26-2015, 02:56 PM
The Warriors fanbase has been known as one of the most passionate, loyal and classy fan bases for a long time now (if I do say so myself), pretty much all of that was during the time we were losing. Always losing.

This is the thing, Warriors fans knew how to lose gracefully. We had a lot of practice at it. We knew how to be "good losers" we knew how to accept a loss even when every single one of them infuriated us, some even broke our hearts.

But we've never experienced winning before, or not on this level anyway. Very few of us are old enough to remember the last chip. SOME of these fans KNOW how to be graceful and respectful in defeat, but that's because they're accustomed to it. They're not accustomed to winning, it's new to them. To all of us. And some know how to handle it more than others.

So yes, there are trolls within the fan base, some on here (even I've been prone to it on occasion). But that's only because they're still learning how to be "good winners". The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner.

That's my assessment anyway.

Goose17
01-26-2015, 02:59 PM
And yeah I think we would crush Houston in a seven game series. But I bet Dallas fans felt the same about us in the '07 playoffs. A 67 win team going up against a team that was barely .500 #GiantKillers.

I'm a little worried that karma will kick our arse and Phoenix will knock us out of the first round :laugh2:

lol, please
01-26-2015, 03:26 PM
And yeah I think we would crush Houston in a seven game series. But I bet Dallas fans felt the same about us in the '07 playoffs. A 67 win team going up against a team that was barely .500 #GiantKillers.

I'm a little worried that karma will kick our arse and Phoenix will knock us out of the first round :laugh2:
Crush is a strong word. It would go 7 games. Eventually both Harden, and Dwight go off, and one out of 7 games curry and klay go cold. Lee isn't playing the minutes to put up 30+ right now which he is capable of doing as our 3rd most efficient scorer. Speights and Barnes are having a great year but Speights can't handle Dwight down low nor can green and bogut is a difference maker but fragile and would probably miss a game or two because this is the warriors we are talking about. Alot of things have to go right in the playoffs and things won't always go right, even if we reach the finals we won't do so without adversity.

Big Zo
01-26-2015, 03:34 PM
Golden State. They're a better team, and James Harden tends to go on vacation during the playoffs.

lol, please
01-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Golden State. They're a better team, and James Harden tends to go on vacation during the playoffs.
On the flip side the dubs are never healthy in the playoffs so that's that.

Goose17
01-26-2015, 04:06 PM
Crush is a strong word. It would go 7 games. Eventually both Harden, and Dwight go off, and one out of 7 games curry and klay go cold. Lee isn't playing the minutes to put up 30+ right now which he is capable of doing as our 3rd most efficient scorer. Speights and Barnes are having a great year but Speights can't handle Dwight down low nor can green and bogut is a difference maker but fragile and would probably miss a game or two because this is the warriors we are talking about. Alot of things have to go right in the playoffs and things won't always go right, even if we reach the finals we won't do so without adversity.

I think we would sweep them with an average margin of about 15 points. But hey, that's just me. Like I say, anything can happen.

CluTcH_c1tY
01-26-2015, 04:23 PM
From an outsiders perspective do you see anything wrong with Dwight? Some Rockets fans from other boards speculate it's an injury but the training staff have said on record that he's healthy. I'm comparing Dwight right now as opposed to the Dwight that showed up against Portland in the playoffs even though we were ousted by them.

Goose17
01-26-2015, 05:07 PM
On the flip side the dubs are never healthy in the playoffs so that's that.

Health is the biggest question mark for us.

From an outsiders perspective do you see anything wrong with Dwight? Some Rockets fans from other boards speculate it's an injury but the training staff have said on record that he's healthy. I'm comparing Dwight right now as opposed to the Dwight that showed up against Portland in the playoffs even though we were ousted by them.

I'm not sure about Dwight. I do think the Rockets offense has become too reliant on Harden. I mean your entire offense is literally James Harden, if he's not putting the team on his back and scoring (which he does in pretty much every way possible) then he's spending his time setting up his team mates. I haven't looked it up but this guy has to be responsible for the vast majority of baskets your team makes. Even when he's not getting the assist he's the guy that made the pass to the guy that got the assist. Your offense starts and ends with him, which I get, due to the lack of depth and its great if you're making an MVP argument. But there needs to be more balance for the team offensively.

As for Dwight, I heard his knee was bothering him? His numbers were always going to go down when he become a second option instead of being the number one guy like he was in Orlando. I've always been curious to see how he would transition as he got older, I mean he's only 29 but he's been in the league since he was 19, after a decade of pro ball plus the injuries, his athleticism is going to take a knock. His game was heavily reliant on athleticism. And this is the point where he needs to get his fundamentals down so he can continue to be a top big man. He needs to continue improving his post scoring.

I think defensively he will be fine if he stays healthy. Not sure about his offense. And I'm not convinced this doesn't have more to do with Harden than it does with Dwight. As incredible as Harden has been. Dwights usage rate is 23% compare that to other high caliber big guys and that's pretty low. I mean Aldridge is 29%, Griffin is 29%, Pau is 25%, Marc Gasol is 26%, Al is 27%, Bosh is at about 29% then there's Duncan, Millsap, Lopez, Kaman and even Ryan Anderson has a higher USG%.

I think Houston can use Dwight more and take some pressure off Harden but to do that I think Morey needs to consider bringing in a guy (preferably a PF) that can hit the mid-range. I know that's not his modas operandi, he hates the mid-range game right? But I think it would just help with spacing and it would open up the game more for other guys.

None of this will matter if Dwight isn't healthy or his development offensively stops.

CluTcH_c1tY
01-26-2015, 05:17 PM

I'm not sure about Dwight. I do think the Rockets offense has become too reliant on Harden. I mean your entire offense is literally James Harden, if he's not putting the team on his back and scoring (which he does in pretty much every way possible) then he's spending his time setting up his team mates. I haven't looked it up but this guy has to be responsible for the vast majority of baskets your team makes. Even when he's not getting the assist he's the guy that made the pass to the guy that got the assist. Your offense starts and ends with him, which I get, due to the lack of depth and its great if you're making an MVP argument. But there needs to be more balance for the team offensively.

As for Dwight, I heard his knee was bothering him? His numbers were always going to go down when he become a second option instead of being the number one guy like he was in Orlando. I've always been curious to see how he would transition as he got older, I mean he's only 29 but he's been in the league since he was 19, after a decade of pro ball plus the injuries, his athleticism is going to take a knock. His game was heavily reliant on athleticism. And this is the point where he needs to get his fundamentals down so he can continue to be a top big man. He needs to continue improving his post scoring.

I think defensively he will be fine if he stays healthy. Not sure about his offense. And I'm not convinced this doesn't have more to do with Harden than it does with Dwight. As incredible as Harden has been. Dwights usage rate is 23% compare that to other high caliber big guys and that's pretty low. I mean Aldridge is 29%, Griffin is 29%, Pau is 25%, Marc Gasol is 26%, Al is 27%, Bosh is at about 29% then there's Duncan, Millsap, Lopez, Kaman and even Ryan Anderson has a higher USG%.

I think Houston can use Dwight more and take some pressure off Harden but to do that I think Morey needs to consider bringing in a guy (preferably a PF) that can hit the mid-range. I know that's not his modas operandi, he hates the mid-range game right? But I think it would just help with spacing and it would open up the game more for other guys.

None of this will matter if Dwight isn't healthy or his development offensively stops.
Excellent assessment I feel the same way about most of your points. I feel that in the past 3 years the Rockets and Dubs were in the same tier. Now with Kerr coaching them they've taken the next step and left the Rockets behind. What I feel needs to he done and it's not popular amongst other boards is a coaching change and we need a pg who's capable of creating car himself and alleviate Harden. I'm certain Morey can fix the pg position it's the coaching change I doubt will happen since McHale got extended this season.

Goose17
01-26-2015, 05:25 PM
Excellent assessment I feel the same way about most of your points. I feel that in the past 3 years the Rockets and Dubs were in the same tier. Now with Kerr coaching them they've taken the next step and left the Rockets behind. What I feel needs to he done and it's not popular amongst other boards is a coaching change and we need a pg who's capable of creating car himself and alleviate Harden. I'm certain Morey can fix the pg position it's the coaching change I doubt will happen since McHale got extended this season.

I was of the opinion that taking the ball out of Hardens hands was a bad idea since he sort of plays a combo guard role and is so effective with the ball in his hands. But my opinion has changed recently and I genuinely think bringing in a point guard who can create for others but more importantly can create for himself too would be very beneficial.

Houston was edging away from the Dubs imo. Right up until we made the coaching change. We kept the prowess defensively that Jackson brought (we've actually improved on it) but Jackson was completely inept offensively, he just couldn't coach an offense that wasn't iso heavy. Kerr and Gentry's emphasis on ball movement and defense feeding the offense has changed a lot.

I was actually against firing Jackson initially, I've never been happier to be proven wrong. I think a lot of your fellow Houston fans would feel the same. But it's a big risk and a big change. You could end up with Golden State like improvements. Or you could end up with something much worse.

smith&wesson
01-26-2015, 05:33 PM
why is this even a discussion ??

Saddletramp
01-26-2015, 05:40 PM

Great points and yeah, I'm pretty sure he has something going with his knee. They've talked about it in the press a little bit.

But as for the bolded, I think that's why he's the MVP in the league. The Rockets are 6 games behind the Warriors and for reasons you said and reasons like depth, Klay going gonzo, Green elevating higher than many thought, a couple of recent AllStars on the bench, best coaching, etc, for Harden to take that team to being that close is pretty amazing, what with injuries (I know the Warriors lost Lee for most of the season so far and Bogut for a chunk), the bench not nearly being as deep or good and McHale not being the greatest coach around.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the MVP is supposed to be the best player on the best team, than it's Curry. If it's who is the most valuable player for a top team that would be a lottery team without him, than it has to be Harden.

Put it this way, if Anthony Davis takes the Pelicans to a better record than the Rockets at the end of the year, than I'd say it should go to Davis. But even as good as he is, I don't think they'll make the playoffs, let alone have a greater record than the Rockets. And if the Rockets start ******** the bed and end up not making the playoffs (which is possible) than I wouldn't mention Harden in the race.

Oh, Clutch City, like you alluded to, McHale isn't going anywhere.

Goose17
01-26-2015, 05:55 PM
lol I still say Curry for MVP but I don't think we're going to agree on that haha.

I'll say my piece on the MVP race and leave it be because I don't want to start another back and forth between our fan bases, I enjoy the sort of lighthearted trolling or "banter" between two rival fan bases but it is getting excessive on here now.

So...

Only one player in league history has ever averaged at least 23 PPG, 8 APG, 4 RPG and 2 SPG. Michael Jordan.

Stephen Curry is currently averaging 22.8 PPG, 8.2 APG, 4.7 RPG and 2.1 SPG. He's 0.2PPG away from being only the second player in the entire history of the league to average that line for a full season.

Statistical comparison;

Harden ........... Curry
27.8 PPG ...........22.8 PPG
6.7 APG .............8.2 APG
5.6 RPG .............4.7 RPG
2.0 SPG .............2.1 SPG
61% TS .............63% TS
31.6% USG.........28.2% USG
.290 WS/48.........287 WS/48

Throw in team success and the fact that Curry is putting these stats up while playing, on average, 4 minutes less per game than Harden. Well, you know where my loyalties lie.

Denverbronco007
01-26-2015, 06:21 PM

my thoughts exactly...

CluTcH_c1tY
01-26-2015, 06:37 PM
lol I still say Curry for MVP but I don't think we're going to agree on that haha.

I'll say my piece on the MVP race and leave it be because I don't want to start another back and forth between our fan bases, I enjoy the sort of lighthearted trolling or "banter" between two rival fan bases but it is getting excessive on here now.

So...

Only one player in league history has ever averaged at least 23 PPG, 8 APG, 4 RPG and 2 SPG. Michael Jordan.

Stephen Curry is currently averaging 22.8 PPG, 8.2 APG, 4.7 RPG and 2.1 SPG. He's 0.2PPG away from being only the second player in the entire history of the league to average that line for a full season.

Statistical comparison;

Harden ........... Curry

Throw in team success and the fact that Curry is putting these stats up while playing, on average, 4 minutes less per game than Harden. Well, you know where my loyalties lie.
Very close race! I wouldn't be mad if either player got tabbed as the MVP. This month alone Harden has raised his overall FG percentage and is also shooting 48% from 3. Should be interesting to see how the rest of the season shakes out.

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 06:46 PM
Harden has been more impressive than Curry IMO. He's relied on to do more.

Goose17
01-26-2015, 07:02 PM
OKC is going to be so salty if Harden wins MVP.

They traded an MVP for pretty much nothing. :laugh2:

Denverbronco007
01-26-2015, 07:22 PM
But guys, no more Rockets threads. They are sensitive. Waaaah.

crappy post. worry about your pathetic knicks..

lol, please
01-27-2015, 01:21 AM
crappy post. worry about your pathetic knicks..
Wrecked.

To be fair, the Knicks are a better team on paper than they have been this season. They do have talent.

Verbal Christ
01-27-2015, 03:12 PM
I have a feeling lol,please is honeydicking everyone.

lol, please
02-01-2015, 02:39 AM
I have a feeling lol,please is honeydicking everyone.
I lol'd.

lol, please
02-01-2015, 02:39 AM
The rockets seem to be getting better. It will be very interesting to see them in the playoffs.

nastynice
02-01-2015, 01:49 PM
The rockets seem to be getting better. It will be very interesting to see them in the playoffs.

I think you meant it will be very "relaxing" and "worry free" for dubs fans to see them in the playoffs ;)

lol, jk rocket fans. you know i love you

raiderposting
02-01-2015, 02:46 PM
Harden has been more impressive than Curry IMO. He's relied on to do more.

Lol

lol, please
02-01-2015, 04:15 PM
Lol
I laughed at that too.

lol, please
04-09-2015, 08:10 PM
I think you meant it will be very "relaxing" and "worry free" for dubs fans to see them in the playoffs ;)

lol, jk rocket fans. you know i love you

Well at this point I have to agree. This topic is hot again since if Verbal Christ and Htownballa are any indication, the Rockets are apparently a major threat in the West as of right now.

Does anyone change their stance on this matchup, at this point in the season? :confused:

Htownballa1622
04-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Well at this point I have to agree. This topic is hot again since if Verbal Christ and Htownballa are any indication, the Rockets are apparently a major threat in the West as of right now.

Does anyone change their stance on this matchup, at this point in the season? :confused:

You bumped you're own thread to troll and put my name in your mouth?

Please find where I said we are a major threat out west.

goingfor28
04-09-2015, 08:27 PM
:facepalm: really? Sadly, I'm not surprised. I'm beginning to think you might be 12.

lol, please
04-09-2015, 08:44 PM
You bumped you're own thread to troll and put my name in your mouth?

Please find where I said we are a major threat out west.
Well you didn't say it directly but you implied they have a chance at contention in the gdt.

FlashBolt
04-09-2015, 08:52 PM
At this point, I want both teams to get knocked off by SAS because you guys are just hoarding this forum with Rockets/Warriors nonsense.

Htownballa1622
04-09-2015, 09:03 PM
Well you didn't say it directly but you implied they have a chance at contention in the gdt.

I'm curious where I "implied."

Can you quote it for me?

FlashBolt
04-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Just sticking this out there; for all the hate Harden gets for not playing well in the playoffs, what have the Warriors proven? We talk about playoff experience when it comes to other teams but really, this Warriors team LACKS playoff experience. Stephen Curry hasn't been stellar and neither has Klay.

xxplayerxx23
04-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Spurs ganna take both teams out anyway

Saddletramp
04-09-2015, 10:03 PM
Just sticking this out there; for all the hate Harden gets for not playing well in the playoffs, what have the Warriors proven? We talk about playoff experience when it comes to other teams but really, this Warriors team LACKS playoff experience. Stephen Curry hasn't been stellar and neither has Klay.

Yeah, it's pretty silly when last year Houston had the same regular season record as their Rd 1 opponent, scored more points in the series, and every game pretty much went down to the wire yet they "choked" and everyone had a good laugh at their expense. According to those parameters, GS needs to easily win the Title (by only losing 3-4 games in the playoffs max) or they will be doing a choke job this year.

FlashBolt
04-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Yeah, it's pretty silly when last year Houston had the same regular season record as their Rd 1 opponent, scored more points in the series, and every game pretty much went down to the wire yet they "choked" and everyone had a good laugh at their expense. According to those parameters, GS needs to easily win the Title (by only losing 3-4 games in the playoffs max) or they will be doing a choke job this year.

Yeah, I watched the entire series vs Portland because LMA was completely going off but Rockets blew those games more than Portland won it. Lin turned the ball over, Harden just really made some unorthodox plays. Despite his inconsistent level of play, through three of their losses, they lost by a combined six points. Everyone is counting the Rockets out but if Harden can translate this level of play to the playoffs, don't be surprised if they can take teams to 7 games.

goingfor28
04-09-2015, 10:12 PM

Soooo you felt the need to bump this thread that hadn't been touched in two months.

G_S_W

First of all, to answer the thread's question, GDub DESTROYS htown easily. Easily.

Second, harden and the rockets are despised for a variety of reasons.

1. The Rox superstars are mercenaries from other teams. They're a frankenstein of parts hanging their hats in a revolving door franchise. Meanwhile Splash Bros were drafted into the organization, Steph is underpaid, and Klay is humble as all get out.

2. Morey is widely considered to be an egomaniac who loves himself first, stats second, and himself third.

3. The Rox offense is BORING. Extremely iso heavy, with harden and howard dominating the offense with one on one play.

As far as the curry/harden comparison, harden's efficiency has been abysmal in the playoffs. Efficiency is obviously expected to drop in the playoffs, but harden's drop is very sharp. And we all know why. The 50/50 subjective calls disappear in the playoffs.

Yeah, harden gets the call in the regular season when an opponent reaches, and then harden flails his arms towards jesus, and snaps his head back as if he had been rear ended by a boeing 757, but nba refs are far more likely to let contact go in the playoffs.

Harden has to show that he can adapt to playoff officiating and physical play as the no. 1 option, not as the 3rd option off the bench for okc. He hasn't shown this ability yet, and I'm not sure this is the season to prove otherwise, with no other scoring options to share the burden of the offensive load. Even with howard as the 2nd option in last year's playoffs, harden's efficiency dropped off very badly.

Then there are rockets' (internet) fans. They share the same pseudo-objective, emotionless, soulless persona that morey has. They don't care about their players, and openly despise specific players on their roster.

If you like, no, LOVE statistics, don't get out of the house much, and show as much loyalty to your players as judas did to jesus, you have all of the "qualities" required to be a houston rockets fan.

Saddletramp
Yeah, I watched the entire series vs Portland because LMA was completely going off but Rockets blew those games more than Portland won it. Lin turned the ball over, Harden just really made some unorthodox plays. Despite his inconsistent level of play, through three of their losses, they lost by a combined six points. Everyone is counting the Rockets out but if Harden can translate this level of play to the playoffs, don't be surprised if they can take teams to 7 games.

I think they have a chance at beating Memphis, Portland and the Clippers and I'd definitely favor them over Dallas but I doubt they'd stretch it to 7 against SA or GS. You never know, though. They could get swept by the Mavs.

Nothing would surprise me, to be honest, except them beating SA/GS.

Bostonjorge
04-09-2015, 10:18 PM
I really wanted to see this series in last years playoffs but we didn't get to see it. Just one year later they are both #1 and #2 seed in the west. That alone makes that series a bigger deal.

It's just #1 and #2 seed don't really mean anything in the west playoffs.

FlashBolt
04-09-2015, 10:23 PM
First of all, to answer the thread's question, GDub DESTROYS htown easily. Easily.

1. The Rox superstars are mercenaries from other teams. They're a frankenstein of parts hanging their hats in a revolving door franchise. Meanwhile Splash Bros were drafted into the organization, Steph is underpaid, and Klay is humble as all get out.

2. Morey is widely considered to be an egomaniac who loves himself first, stats second, and himself third.

3. The Rox offense is BORING. Extremely iso heavy, with harden and howard dominating the offense with one on one play.

As far as the curry/harden comparison, harden's efficiency has been abysmal in the playoffs. Efficiency is obviously expected to drop in the playoffs, but harden's drop is very sharp. And we all know why. The 50/50 subjective calls disappear in the playoffs.

Yeah, harden gets the call in the regular season when an opponent reaches, and then harden flails his arms towards jesus, and snaps his head back as if he had been rear ended by a boeing 757, but nba refs are far more likely to let contact go in the playoffs.

Harden has to show that he can adapt to playoff officiating and physical play as the no. 1 option, not as the 3rd option off the bench for okc. He hasn't shown this ability yet, and I'm not sure this is the season to prove otherwise, with no other scoring options to share the burden of the offensive load. Even with howard as the 2nd option in last year's playoffs, harden's efficiency dropped off very badly.

Then there are rockets' (internet) fans. They share the same pseudo-objective, emotionless, soulless persona that morey has. They don't care about their players, and openly despise specific players on their roster.

If you like, no, LOVE statistics, don't get out of the house much, and show as much loyalty to your players as judas did to jesus, you have all of the "qualities" required to be a houston rockets fan.

I agree with all your arguments but this team is being underestimated. Check the off-season thread in which many posters had the Rockets fighting for that eighth seed. Rockets have already blew my expectations as I personally had them fighting for that eighth spot as well. James Harden has dropped off in the playoffs but so has Curry+Klay. This will be a problem because they are GSW's best scorers and without them, you're going to lose that three point shooting. Your 1-3 arguments are completely irrelevant. Steph being underpaid/Klay being humble doesn't dictate anything. I'm not disagreeing with you whatsoever but saying they stand NO CHANCE is completely absurd when you consider that only SAS/GSW are better than them this regular season and the fact that GSW are relatively unknown in the playoffs as well. Only SAS deserve that respect.

sep11ie
04-09-2015, 10:26 PM
I've never seen fans of a team need to be told that their team is good so much in my life.

Saddletramp
04-09-2015, 10:40 PM
Jesus, dude. I'll be pleasant here.
This was a continuation of the thread from a few years ago when the Rocjets/Warriors were a lot closer in skill/talent. But thanks for going out on a limb now and picking Golden State.

1. The Rox superstars are mercenaries from other teams. They're a frankenstein of parts hanging their hats in a revolving door franchise.
It's called sports. Also, I don't think you know what a mercenary is. Also, of the difference makers, Howard, Ariza and Terry (if he still counts) signed as free agents (kinda like Iggy, Speights and Livingston). The rest were drafted or traded for.

Meanwhile Splash Bros were drafted into the organization, Steph is underpaid, and Klay is humble as all get out.
Yes, they were. And add Green who was a good draft pick and Barnes who they tanked to get to draft. Houston never tanked even when their best players were Kevin Martin and Luis Scola. The rest of their core are, as you call them, mercenaries. Oh, and being humble isn't playing hardball when signing an extension.

He's trying to build a team to compete for a championship. Considering how TMac went downhill fast and Yao retired on a dime, I'd say he's done a pretty good job.

I quite like it and it's been pretty successful this year.

Steph has been far from dominant himself.

Yeah, harden gets the call in the regular season when an opponent reaches,
You mean "fouls"

and then harden flails his arms towards jesus, and snaps his head back as if he had been rear ended by a boeing 757, but nba refs are far more likely to let contact go in the playoffs.
Which is a shame because a foul is a foul is a foul. Letter of the law, it should be called. It's a joke that it's not.

Harden has to show that he can adapt to playoff officiating and physical play as the no. 1 option, not as the 3rd option off the bench for okc.
He does need to learn to adapt since the rules change in the playoffs for some reason.

He hasn't shown this ability yet, and I'm not sure this is the season to prove otherwise, with no other scoring options to share the burden of the offensive load. Even with howard as the 2nd option in last year's playoffs, harden's efficiency dropped off very badly.

You're right. He needs guys that were drafted in the Top Ten and in their prime to help out. Unfortunately, not all teams were terrible for a decade to stock up.

Bans have been thrown around here with regularity lately. Personnal attacks like this are the reason. Lucky for you you didn't throw in a curse word.

Htownballa1622
04-09-2015, 10:47 PM
You're right. He needs guys that were drafted in the Top Ten and in their prime to help out. Unfortunately, not all teams were terrible for a decade to stock up.

:clap::laugh2:

Scoots
04-09-2015, 11:53 PM
I feel bad for the Rockets now that Motie is done too.

lol, please
04-09-2015, 11:54 PM

G_S_W dropping cold truths on these cats.

houstonfan
04-10-2015, 12:25 AM
At this point, I want both teams to get knocked off by SAS because you guys are just hoarding this forum with Rockets/Warriors nonsense.

Lets be honest, thats probably exactly what will happen…

nastynice
04-10-2015, 01:51 AM

lol!!

c'mon tho, deep down u kinda like it, don't u? just admit it, ur a lil bummed when u don't see any new dubs/rox threads in the nba main. we're all psd fam here, you can tell us...

nastynice
04-10-2015, 01:52 AM

its been rough, there's no denying that..

FlashBolt
04-10-2015, 01:56 AM
lol!!

c'mon tho, deep down u kinda like it, don't u? just admit it, ur a lil bummed when u don't see any new dubs/rox threads in the nba main. we're all psd fam here, you can tell us...

Like it? I LOVE IT!

nastynice
04-10-2015, 02:03 AM
:cheers:

lol, please
04-11-2015, 02:09 PM
:cheers:

Hope you are getting juiced for the playoffs nastynice!!

Hope the Rockets don't ruin our finals run. :ohno:

curtcocaine
04-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Yeah lol represents every warrior fan. I hate dumb *****.

curtcocaine
04-11-2015, 03:39 PM

Hope the Rockets don't ruin our finals run. :ohno:
That would suck but would be insanely hilarious on your behalf.

lol, please
04-11-2015, 03:42 PM
That would suck but would be insanely hilarious on your behalf.

It would suck from a dubs fans perspective, but I have been working hard to make this a rivalry, so it would be a win/win from that perspective, I need them to be elite and there to be animosity from fans and players alike to validate my approach.

lol, please
04-11-2015, 04:20 PM

Fortunately we are closer to the playoffs now. The scary part is the Rockets seem to be playing really well right now, and the Warriors have dropped two. The Rockets also took it to the Spurs recently, you just can't count out any team in the west right now.

Scoots
04-11-2015, 04:31 PM
Rockets "took it to the Spurs" and then lost it, and unlike the Warriors the Rockets actually had something to play for ... and in losing went from the #2 to the #6 seed. Ouch.

lol, please
04-11-2015, 04:41 PM
Rockets "took it to the Spurs" and then lost it, and unlike the Warriors the Rockets actually had something to play for ... and in losing went from the #2 to the #6 seed. Ouch.

They are still in it though, and honestly accounted for themselves better than the warriors did. That egg we laid against the Spurs was pathetic. It will give them all kinds of confidence for the playoffs, as if they needed it.

Scoots
04-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Or it won't matter at all.

Greg.
04-11-2015, 05:19 PM

Just to go back to the bolded point, what would you have the Rockets do? We were getting the 14th pick in the draft every year, so it is kind of hard to get a championship caliber superstar and this forum hates tanking (which wasn't even an option with our owner) so that's not option. We took a chance on a young talented bench player that was on the block that every other team in the NBA had a chance to get and it panned out extremely well while we gave up almost nothing to get him. We got the 8th seed that year, but we still had a long ways to go and then an elite center becomes available and wants to come to our team so we make room for him and sign him. Then last offseason, we have a good player hit the open market but gets a huge contract and we don't match it and get a player who fits better for half the price. Other franchises get praised for this sort of move, but we got crucified for it (I know. The whole "loyalty" illusion"). I would think that building a good/great team while staying competitive is something that people could at least appreciate, even if they don't like the players. Am I missing something on this point?

G_S_W
04-12-2015, 05:19 AM
Just to go back to the bolded point, what would you have the Rockets do? We were getting the 14th pick in the draft every year, so it is kind of hard to get a championship caliber superstar and this forum hates tanking (which wasn't even an option with our owner) so that's not option. We took a chance on a young talented bench player that was on the block that every other team in the NBA had a chance to get and it panned out extremely well while we gave up almost nothing to get him. We got the 8th seed that year, but we still had a long ways to go and then an elite center becomes available and wants to come to our team so we make room for him and sign him. Then last offseason, we have a good player hit the open market but gets a huge contract and we don't match it and get a player who fits better for half the price. Other franchises get praised for this sort of move, but we got crucified for it (I know. The whole "loyalty" illusion"). I would think that building a good/great team while staying competitive is something that people could at least appreciate, even if they don't like the players. Am I missing something on this point?

This sort of "f him, it's a business" mentality you display is emblematic of rockets fans, and of the organizational culture as a whole. The players are just bricks in the wall, commodities, not really people who are valued.

Never mind that Dwight chose Hou in large part because of Parsons' active recruiting. (btw, I think it's quite interesting that you don't even mention his name: Parsons is just a generic "good player," nameless, a commodity. A classic Morey-ism.)

Parsons and Howard shared an agent, and used this tie to help the rockets score the biggest free agent on the market at the time. Only an idiotic organization like houston would fail to recognize how large a role Parsons (yeah, he has a name, believe it or not) played in recruiting Howard and hence of potentially catapulting Hou to the top of the west.

Later in the season, with the "good big man," (Asik was his name in case you draw a blank) moping about his lack of playing time, guess who stepped up and called Asik out in the media? Parsons. Parsons was sending out HUGE banners representing the rockets at all costs.

Oh, and let's not mention that the rockets promised Asik that he would the team's starting center.

The rockets SCREWED:

1. Parsons. Failing to reward him for recruiting the league's best big.

Failing to acknowledge that he was loyal to a fault for calling out Asik.

Failing to acknowledge that he had posted near all star numbers while being paid the minimum.

SCREW Parsons. IT'S A BUSINESS. No reward for you for DOING EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO HELP AND COVER MOREY AND LESLIE'S *****.

2. Asik. They lied to him about recruiting him to start at center. The rockets changed their tune really quickly, didn't they? No loyalty to Asik. Unhappy about being benched? "F YOU IT'S A BUSINESS."

I guarantee you this: if the officials ever get wise to Harden's flopping, the Rockets are a lottery team. FACT.

BornReady
04-12-2015, 05:46 AM

So...

Statistical comparison;

Harden ........... Curry

How you come you forget to mention that Harden has been carrying the rockets without Howard and Jones all season? and still have the 2nd seed, for now....unfortunately the rockets might drop to a 5-6 seed so if that happens, I agree, Curry is the MVP

Dmo was having a great season. One of my favorite big men...with such a nice post game, and has even been shooting the three pretty well this year. Did so much during Howard's absence too, very unfortunate

BornReady
04-12-2015, 05:46 AM
At this point, with Beverley and D-mo out, Warriors easily

Saddletramp
04-12-2015, 07:09 AM
I don't know why I bother because you'll just ignore this post, too, but here goes:

This sort of "f him, it's a business" mentality you display is emblematic of rockets fans, and of the organizational culture as a whole. The players are just bricks in the wall, commodities, not really people who are valued.
It is a business. Don't let that fact escape you. Curry, Klay and et al learned that this offseason when their guy was fired as head coach. They're okay now. Results speak in the business world.

Never mind that Dwight chose Hou in large part because of Parsons' active recruiting. (btw, I think it's quite interesting that you don't even mention his name: Parsons is just a generic "good player," nameless, a commodity. A classic Morey-ism.)
Yup, Parsoms helped recruit Howard but make no mistake, Howard wouldn't even consider Houston without Harden (in fact, he didn't consider it the trade deadline before Harden showed up........Google it). Parsons is good but, as he's proving this year, he's nowhere near a guy like Harden.

Parsons and Howard shared an agent, and used this tie to help the rockets score the biggest free agent on the market at the time.
Yup. Feigen orchestrated the deal for Howard to go to Houston and in return, Morey dropped Parsons' last year at a low price. That's what they call scratchin' backs in this business.

Only an idiotic organization like houston would fail to recognize how large a role Parsons (yeah, he has a name, believe it or not) played in recruiting Howard and hence of potentially catapulting Hou to the top of the west.
Parsons got played by his new buddy Cuban, who used him as a pawn in his mind games with Morey. This is all old news that's been dealt with countless times here. Try to keep up. Parsons didn't want to leave but in signing that contract, it was almost assured that the Rockets would match. They were just waiting to fit one more top guy under their cap before going over it to match whatever Parsons could get. It was a done deal; all Parsons had to do was wait a few days. If Bosh woulda signed, the starting five would have been Beverley/Harden/Parsons/Bosh/Howard. A formidable fivesome no doubt but it was not to be. All Parsons had to do was wait but Cuban undeniably didn't give him the chance as he thought Morey wasn't going to let him go and Ariza was Cuban's fall back plan and time was of the essence. This all also blew up in Cuban's face as he didn't want Parsons at that price, but Morey called his bluff. Parsons was a pawn. And he figured it out too late. Dirk is close to done, Rondo and maybe Ellis are leaving (at least one of the two is gone) and there's a rumor going around that Tyson Chandler might flee as he sees the writing on the wall.

Later in the season, with the "good big man," (Asik was his name in case you draw a blank) moping about his lack of playing time, guess who stepped up and called Asik out in the media? Parsons. Parsons was sending out HUGE banners representing the rockets at all costs.

Link please. I don't remember this happening and I'd imagine that I'd have heard of it. Also, "huge banners", excuse me, "HUGE banners" meant that he verbally agreed to Cuban's terms as soon as he possibly could?

Is this what you mean?

“Yeah, he has been fine with me," Parsons said. "I stay out of it. Obviously he is frustrated right now, but as his teammate I just try to be encouraging and making sure his head is in the right place because we are going to need him throughout the season. Greg Smith goes down, Marcus Camby has surgery so he is going to play at lot of minutes so I don’t know what he is so upset about. He has to come out here, perform and be a professional about it."
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/230724/Howard-Parsons-Understand-Asiks-Frustration-Amid-Trade-Request
If that's your quote, then why did you even bring it up? That's nothing. Try again. Actually don't bother.

Oh, and let's not mention that the rockets promised Asik that he would the team's starting center.
Are you kidding? You gotta be playin'. You're a Warriors fan, right? Let's envision this scenario: "Harrison Barnes, you're the starting small forward for our team. Welcome abroad! Show us what you got!" {One year later:} "Ummm, Kevin Durant wanted to play for us and we could fit him in under the cap. You're riding the pine, Barnes. Sorry." Do you really think Morey and owner Leslie Alexander thought about Asik when Howard agreed to sign in Houston? Again, business.. What don't you get?

The rockets SCREWED:

1. Parsons. Failing to reward him for recruiting the league's best big. .
They did reward him. They let him get paid a year early in a back room shady deal. He went from about a million this year to around 15 million. If that's being screwed, then I hope I'm on Morey's sh.......poop list.

Again, when? Was it a big deal or a throw away comment? I remember McHale talking a little bit about it, but not Parsons.

Failing to acknowledge that he had posted near all star numbers while being paid the minimum.
Again, that was the contract he signed. The Warriors front office need to tear up Barnes' contract and pay him early. Curry makes about $12 million per year? He's probably the MVP! Tear that paper up and give him $20+ million!

SCREW Parsons. IT'S A BUSINESS. No reward for you for DOING EVERYTHING IN YOUR POWER TO HELP AND COVER MOREY AND LESLIE'S *****.
He made friends with Howard through their agent and after Parsons, who grew up in Orlando, was a big Howard fan growing up. If Parsons did "EVERYTHING IN (HIS) POWER" than I'm pretty sure he woulda waited to agree to Cuban's offer sheet. No one got screwed. Actually, my brain is being a bit screwed right now. I really need to just let these posts slide with a face palm or something.

2. Asik. They lied to him about recruiting him to start at center. The rockets changed their tune really quickly, didn't they? No loyalty to Asik. Unhappy about being benched? "F YOU IT'S A BUSINESS."
They actually started him at power forward to begin the year but he has no jump shot or post game. You literally have no idea what you are talking about. The Warriors were thinking about signing Howard and if they did, guess what? Bogut would be gone. That's loyalty, bro. Get the heck outta here with that nonsense. I feel like Affleck in Good Will Hunting. Re-TAIN-errrrrrrrr!

I guarantee you this: if the officials ever get wise to Harden's flopping, the Rockets are a lottery team. FACT.
If we ever play a game of basketball, I'm going to hack you on every drive and then say you flopped if you get the call. Again, you literally have no idea of what you're talking about.

Please, either respond to this post and my last rebuttal to your inane, misconceived ramblings or never post again.

BE. A. MAN.

Htownballa1622
04-12-2015, 11:05 AM
I can't help but think some warriors fans just talk out their *** when it pertains to the rockets.

Saddletramp just clarified everything that was posted before (all nonsense). I hope he gets a response.

Scoots
04-12-2015, 11:26 AM
I can't help but think some warriors fans just talk out their *** when it pertains to the rockets.

Saddletramp just clarified everything that was posted before (all nonsense). I hope he gets a response.

Don't put us all in the same group ... G S W is such a Warriors fan he only seems to post where he can get a response from non-warriors fans.

Greg.
04-12-2015, 11:59 AM

Parsons and Howard shared an agent, and used this tie to help the rockets score the biggest free agent on the market at the time. Only an idiotic organization like houston would fail to recognize how large a role Parsons (yeah, he has a name, believe it or not) played in recruiting Howard and hence of potentially catapulting Hou to the top of the west.

The rockets SCREWED:

Could respect and understand your reasoning/opinion on everything until the last line. You act like he doesn't get touched when he drives. Unless the league changes the rules so you can hack someone's arm and it's not a foul, your wet dream will not be coming true.

Greg.
04-12-2015, 12:01 PM
Don't put us all in the same group ... G S W is such a Warriors fan he only seems to post where he can get a response from non-warriors fans.

It's tough keeping this in mind. There's really only 2 or 3 people on here that are really annoying (probably for every team) and they give their fans a bad name. Unfortunately, the trolls are usually the most active too so that doesn't help.

CluTcH_c1tY
04-12-2015, 12:44 PM

Dude you seriously need to get out from your room and explore the world. You're generalizing all Rockets fans as these heartless people as if we were bad people. It seems to me, you're lacking the social skills to actually interact with people in person. I've grown to respect most Warrior posters as some are pretty knowledgeable and humble, but then there's still that 10% of the their fan base that are trolls like you.

curtcocaine
04-12-2015, 01:06 PM

The rockets SCREWED:

I would have started aski over d12 as well. The medical issues hes having right now weren't a cause for concern. Ariza is also the better all around player so......

curtcocaine
04-12-2015, 01:09 PM

The rockets SCREWED:

I doubt they become a lottery team. Saying fact at the end of a sentence doesn't actually make it a fact ( crazy right?).

But if you choose not to believe me....... Zebras are hunting lions now. FACT. Did it work? Do you believe me?

curtcocaine
04-12-2015, 01:15 PM
I cant recall seeing G.S.W in thevwarriors fourm.........food for thought.

Denverbronco007
04-12-2015, 01:36 PM

The rockets SCREWED:

Can't wait to to see the warriors choke in the playoffs, haha... This thread is a complete joke. Enjoy your couple years of relevancy.

Denverbronco007
04-12-2015, 01:38 PM
If dwight can stay on the floor the rockets can beat anyone on any given night

Denverbronco007
04-12-2015, 01:41 PM
I'll take our chances with Harden, who i would take over curry any day of the week.... When has curry won a championship? Oh, he hasnt... He still needs to prove himself as well.

Htownballa1622
04-12-2015, 01:45 PM

I know reading comprehension is not very good around these parts but I'll repeat myself...

"I can't help but think SOME warriors fans just talk out their *** when it pertains to the rockets."

key word. SOME.

nastynice
04-12-2015, 02:04 PM
:

:nod::nod:

lol, wtf is even going on in this thread!!

CluTcH_c1tY
04-12-2015, 02:04 PM
I know reading comprehension is not very good around these parts but I'll repeat myself...

"I can't help but think SOME warriors fans just talk out their *** when it pertains to the rockets."

key word. SOME.
Some are really good posters like I said previously. My thing is they better win it this year if not next year. Draymond is going to get paid. Do you think Curry is going to continue getting paid 12M a year? He's going to get a huge bump so this deep team they currently have will be gutted to pay Steph. Also Draymond needs to be resigned that guy is their heart beat he does the little things that's made them the best team in the NBA this year.

Saddletramp
04-12-2015, 02:14 PM

I won't.
GSW and lol have a habit of saying blatantly false things and when corrected, not responding. That's straight up troll behavior. Luckily, almost every poster has figured this out and they aren't taken seriously one iota.

Next step is for everyone to ignore them.

lol, please
04-12-2015, 02:38 PM
I won't.
GSW and lol have a habit of saying blatantly false things and when corrected, not responding. That's straight up troll behavior. Luckily, almost every poster has figured this out and they aren't taken seriously one iota.

Next step is for everyone to ignore them.
I misread your lebron comment in the other thread and I apologize, but I generally admit when I am wrong and am open to reason.

TrueFan420
04-12-2015, 03:01 PM
Some are really good posters like I said previously. My thing is they better win it this year if not next year. Draymond is going to get paid. Do you think Curry is going to continue getting paid 12M a year? He's going to get a huge bump so this deep team they currently have will be gutted to pay Steph. Also Draymond needs to be resigned that guy is their heart beat he does the little things that's made them the best team in the NBA this year.
Draymond will get paid. We will go over the cap for a year. Then DLee will expire and we will go back down to a manageable number. Then when Curry is up for his extension Iggy and Bogut will expire. Iggy will probably be shown the door at his age and Bogut might be offered another deal but considerably less than what he's making as he too will be old. Our Cap situation will be fine. We won't have a problem keeping Curry, Klay and Green together. Our depth might take a slight hit but with how we're trying to emulate the Spurs and our Dleague team being used to produce solid players I think we will have replacements and a winning culture to help bring in players to our team.

Greg.
04-12-2015, 03:02 PM
I'll take our chances with Harden, who i would take over curry any day of the week.... When has curry won a championship? Oh, he hasnt... He still needs to prove himself as well.

I like the enthusiasm but we haven't proven anything yet either

Denverbronco007
04-12-2015, 03:53 PM
I like the enthusiasm but we haven't proven anything yet either

Hence why i said "as well"

curtcocaine
04-12-2015, 04:30 PM
With the cap going up and with Lee most likely gone I think well be alright.

curtcocaine
04-12-2015, 04:33 PM
Can't wait to to see the warriors choke in the playoffs, haha... This thread is a complete joke. Enjoy your couple years of relevancy.
Okay. You mad bro?

Greg.
04-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Hence why i said "as well"

I know but you've seen how much these people will skew something into making us look bad

Tony_Starks
04-12-2015, 08:08 PM
When your team is a legit contender you shouldn't have to bait a pretender.....

krazylegz
04-12-2015, 08:25 PM
if dwight howard grew a pair of nuts,id say rockets

lol, please
04-12-2015, 10:41 PM
When your team is a legit contender you shouldn't have to bait a pretender.....
Rockets are a top seed in the west, not sure how they aren't contenders.

BornReady
04-13-2015, 12:25 AM
Rockets are a top seed in the west, not sure how they aren't contenders.

losing d-mo and beverley definitely hurts your case tho....

d-mo coming off that bench with all that confidence now would be huge for the playoffs, and of course Pat B with that tough defense which will be very needed vs all the top PGs in the west

Scoots
04-13-2015, 11:24 AM

key word. SOME.

I didn't say you did, was just clarifying that G_S_W was such a "warriors fan" that he doesn't post in the actual Warriors forum. He may well be a Jazz fan who chose the name just to stir up Rockets fans.

Htownballa1622
04-13-2015, 01:25 PM
I didn't say you did, was just clarifying that G_S_W was such a "warriors fan" that he doesn't post in the actual Warriors forum. He may well be a Jazz fan who chose the name just to stir up Rockets fans.

And i wasn't talking about JUST G_S_W either.

Don't worry though. I'm not grouping y'all all together. Just about 3.

Saddletramp
04-13-2015, 05:14 PM
And i wasn't talking about JUST G_S_W either.

Don't worry though. I'm not grouping y'all all together. Just about 3.

Where'd the fourth go? Goose has been MIA for about a month now. Came at the right time, too.

Scoots
04-13-2015, 07:11 PM
Where'd the fourth go? Goose has been MIA for about a month now. Came at the right time, too.

Banned ... again.

lol, please
04-13-2015, 10:44 PM
Banned ... again.
Goose17 got banned? For what? Lmao. You people need to learn how to control yourselves. Its hilarious people try and pump me up as some major troll while I have a whopping 0 bans and have been here since 2011. Must be doing something right.

mightybosstone
04-14-2015, 10:00 AM
If things stay the way they look right now, which is likely, then there's a pretty darn good chance we'll get this series in the second round. I'm not completely ruling out a very good Portland team, but they're just not the same squad without Matthews and they have a lot of other injuries they're dealing with right now. Even without Beverley and Motiejunas, I think Houston will be heavily favored to win.

As for who wins in that series, Golden State will be favored and they'll probably win. I do think the Beverley and Motiejunas injuries really hurt the Rockets. Not just because of how thin they are at point guard or how much DMo helps them offensively in the post, but because of how teams have been exploiting the "Hack a whoever" strategy against the Rockets bigs since Motiejunas has gone down and Smith, Dorsey and Capella have played more minutes.

Dwight will give the Warriors problems. And the fact that Houston defends the 3-pointer better than any team in the NBA will bode well for them against a team that relies so heavily on 3-point shots. But I think Harden will struggle at times against the defensive duo of Thompson and Green, and the Rockets 3-point shooters are very, very streaky as of late. But the real X-Factor will be the play of Jones, Brewer and Smith. The last couple of months, the Rockets have looked unbeatable when those three guys have played well and looked very average when they've played poorly.

If this ends up being a series, I'd probably pick Golden State in six games. But that first game will really be key. If the Rockets could somehow come out and punch the Warriors in the mouth on their home court in Game 1, I'd give the Rockets a decent chance to pull it out in six or seven.

Scoots
04-14-2015, 10:56 AM
And the fact that Houston defends the 3-pointer better than any team in the NBA will bode well for them against a team that relies so heavily on 3-point shots.

Interesting side stat on that ... the Rockets allow the worst percentage from 3 (the Warriors are 5th) but the Blazers allow the fewest 3s against them (the Warriors are 5th on that list, the Rockets 9th) ... in points per 3 point shot the Blazers are #2 (behind Chicago, the Warriors are #3, Rockets 12th). On the "team relies so heavily on the 3-point shot", the Rockets shoot way more 3s (more than 5 3s more than the #2 team Cleveland, Blazers 3rd, Warriors 4th). The Warriors do score the 2nd most point per 3 pointer taken (Clippers #1).

mightybosstone
04-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Interesting side stat on that ... the Rockets allow the worst percentage from 3 (the Warriors are 5th) but the Blazers allow the fewest 3s against them (the Warriors are 5th on that list, the Rockets 9th) ... in points per 3 point shot the Blazers are #2 (behind Chicago, the Warriors are #3, Rockets 12th). On the "team relies so heavily on the 3-point shot", the Rockets shoot way more 3s (more than 5 3s more than the #2 team Cleveland, Blazers 3rd, Warriors 4th). The Warriors do score the 2nd most point per 3 pointer taken (Clippers #1).
Right. Well, regardless of who defends the 3-pointer the best or relies the most heavily on the 3-pointer (both are debatable depending on what numbers you look at), the bottom line is that's a lot of teams in the West that take a lot of 3-pointers and defend 3-pointers really well.

However, without Beverley on the roster to defend Curry, he would be a matchup nightmare on the perimeter against Houston in that series. I think McHale would seriously have to consider playing without a true PG in the starting five and putting Brewer in the lineup to defend Curry. Terry would get absolutely torched.

Tony_Starks
04-14-2015, 11:38 AM
If things stay the way they look right now, which is likely, then there's a pretty darn good chance we'll get this series in the second round. I'm not completely ruling out a very good Portland team, but they're just not the same squad without Matthews and they have a lot of other injuries they're dealing with right now. Even without Beverley and Motiejunas, I think Houston will be heavily favored to win.

As for who wins in that series, Golden State will be favored and they'll probably win. I do think the Beverley and Motiejunas injuries really hurt the Rockets. Not just because of how thin they are at point guard or how much DMo helps them offensively in the post, but because of how teams have been exploiting the "Hack a whoever" strategy against the Rockets bigs since Motiejunas has gone down and Smith, Dorsey and Capella have played more minutes.

Dwight will give the Warriors problems. And the fact that Houston defends the 3-pointer better than any team in the NBA will bode well for them against a team that relies so heavily on 3-point shots. But I think Harden will struggle at times against the defensive duo of Thompson and Green, and the Rockets 3-point shooters are very, very streaky as of late. But the real X-Factor will be the play of Jones, Brewer and Smith. The last couple of months, the Rockets have looked unbeatable when those three guys have played well and looked very average when they've played poorly.

If this ends up being a series, I'd probably pick Golden State in six games. But that first game will really be key. If the Rockets could somehow come out and punch the Warriors in the mouth on their home court in Game 1, I'd give the Rockets a decent chance to pull it out in six or seven.

Sorry man,if your Rockets see the Blazers again in round 1 we might have to get the search party out for you again like last year. LMA would have another field day a you don't even have Beverly to somewhat deter Lillard for stretches.

That would probably get real ugly real fast unless Harden goes Kobe takeover for the series.....

Htownballa1622
04-14-2015, 12:15 PM
Sorry man,if your Rockets see the Blazers again in round 1 we might have to get the search party out for you again like last year. LMA would have another field day a you don't even have Beverly to somewhat deter Lillard for stretches.

That would probably get real ugly real fast unless Harden goes Kobe takeover for the series.....

Lmao!

Ugly real fast?

Despite everything and how they both went off on us did it get "ugly" fast?

No. It took them a game 6 buzzer beater where we would have had game 7 at our place. Harden struggled mightily and lin **** himself in one of those games.

In 6 games we actually outscored them by 2 points iirc.

So your take about it getting "ugly real fast" is just your revisionist history in play.

Tony_Starks
04-14-2015, 12:18 PM

Lmao!

Ugly real fast?

Despite everything and how they both went off on us did it get "ugly" fast?

No. It took them a game 6 buzzer beater where we would have had game 7 at our place. Harden struggled mightily and lin **** himself in one of those games.

In 6 games we actually outscored them by 2 points iirc.

So your take about it getting "ugly real fast" is just your revisionist history in play.

You're right and I'm wrong. I apologize. Houston would lose.....again.

Htownballa1622
04-14-2015, 12:27 PM
You're right and I'm wrong. I apologize. Houston would lose.....again.

We shall see nostradamus.

Didn't you say that we wouldn't even make the playoffs this year? :eyebrow:

mightybosstone
04-14-2015, 12:48 PM

Dude.... Are you forgetting that Wes Matthews is 100 percent not playing in the postseason? Or that Portland is a crazy mediocre 10-11 in the 21 game since Matthews went down? Or that Afflalo and Wright could miss the entire first round? Or that Batum and McCollum are both banged up as well?

Like, seriously, the Blazers are in really, really bad shape right now. And one of the major reasons Houston struggled against Portland last year was Matthew's defense on Harden. If Matthews and Afflalo are both out AND Batum isn't playing 100 percent, Harden will have a field day in that series. And that's not even considering how badly Dwight absolutely owned Portland in the playoffs last year or the fact that, even without Beverley and Motiejunas, this is a better basketball team than a year ago.

If you're so confident, make a bet with me. If the Rockets lose that series, I will quit PSD for six months. If Portland loses, you quit PSD for six months. Or I'd gladly do a sig bet for that series. Let's see you actually put your money where you mouth is.

BornReady
04-14-2015, 11:58 PM
The Blazers without Batum, Matthews and afflalo are more cashed and done than this bowl I just smoked

lol, please
04-15-2015, 02:02 PM
There's no debate this year. Anything can happen. West is deep, anyone can beat anyone. http://financehotela.com/yellow/images/62.gifhttp://financehotela.com/yellow/images/30.gif
Well said.

valade16
04-15-2015, 02:15 PM
Dude.... Are you forgetting that Wes Matthews is 100 percent not playing in the postseason? Or that Portland is a crazy mediocre 10-11 in the 21 game since Matthews went down? Or that Afflalo and Wright could miss the entire first round? Or that Batum and McCollum are both banged up as well?

Like, seriously, the Blazers are in really, really bad shape right now. And one of the major reasons Houston struggled against Portland last year was Matthew's defense on Harden. If Matthews and Afflalo are both out AND Batum isn't playing 100 percent, Harden will have a field day in that series. And that's not even considering how badly Dwight absolutely owned Portland in the playoffs last year or the fact that, even without Beverley and Motiejunas, this is a better basketball team than a year ago.

If you're so confident, make a bet with me. If the Rockets lose that series, I will quit PSD for six months. If Portland loses, you quit PSD for six months. Or I'd gladly do a sig bet for that series. Let's see you actually put your money where you mouth is.

As a Blazer fan, I would not take that bet were I him. Portland has absolutely no wings right now. We are so injury depleted, and it's not that we even have more injuries than many other West contenders, it's that they are all at the exact same position.

I would be really confident about a healthy Portland team, but right now we have too many injuries to be any kind of confident (heck, LMA isn't even 100%).

lol, please
04-16-2015, 10:55 PM
As a Blazer fan, I would not take that bet were I him. Portland has absolutely no wings right now. We are so injury depleted, and it's not that we even have more injuries than many other West contenders, it's that they are all at the exact same position.

I would be really confident about a healthy Portland team, but right now we have too many injuries to be any kind of confident (heck, LMA isn't even 100%).
You make some good points valade16, but you can't blame him for being confident in his team

Scoots
04-16-2015, 11:52 PM
Rocket's first concern is going to be getting past Dallas and they are crafty. Then comes the Clipper/Spurs winner ... only then will we get to see the Warriors sweep the Rockets for another 4 games :)

lol, please
04-17-2015, 12:24 AM
Rocket's first concern is going to be getting past Dallas and they are crafty. Then comes the Clipper/Spurs winner ... only then will we get to see the Warriors sweep the Rockets for another 4 games :)
A sweep would be very unlikely, either way.

Scoots
04-17-2015, 12:26 AM
A sweep would be very unlikely, either way.

Last 4 games between the teams ended 4-0, so why not?

lol, please
04-17-2015, 12:27 AM
Last 4 games between the teams ended 4-0, so why not?
Those games were spread apart, several players were injured, and it was early in the regular season. It literally has no effect on what would happen in a playoff scenario.

Scoots
04-17-2015, 01:45 AM
Those games were spread apart, several players were injured, and it was early in the regular season. It literally has no effect on what would happen in a playoff scenario.

Have we switched places?

lol, please
04-17-2015, 01:53 AM
Have we switched places?

:laugh2:

lol, please
05-16-2015, 06:32 PM
It's almost time......

rockets-fan
05-17-2015, 12:31 AM
Has the day finally come where this debate will be put to rest?!?

Houston swept GS two years ago in the regular season
GS now even better swept the rockets this season

Like lol said, matters very minimal now, both teams have looked great at times and iffy...

BUT FIRST! LETS WIN AGAINST LA!

bgdreton
05-17-2015, 08:06 PM
Well we about to really find out!

AllBall
05-18-2015, 12:36 AM
A PSD thread come to life. This will be interesting.

Scoots
05-18-2015, 01:01 AM
I voted Warriors in 5.

Mave1002
05-18-2015, 04:46 AM
The Warriors. I'll give the rockets two of their home games, but I see the GSW finishing Houston in 6.

MKEBucks87
05-18-2015, 05:21 AM
Before the playoffs started I would have said GSW easily, but after watching the Houston v. Clippers series I am not so sure. Howard, Smith, Harden, Prig, Ariza, and Brewer is a pretty solid core group of guys. I can see this going either way now.

c.c.
05-18-2015, 06:48 AM
Rockets will win in 5 games

nastynice
05-18-2015, 06:59 AM
Rockets will win in 5 games

i'll straight up cry if the rox take us out twice at home, lol

nastynice
05-18-2015, 07:01 AM
This rox squad is def better than any we've faced all year. The season's 4-0 goes out the window as far as that goes, because the entire TEAM is picking it up. If Harden can up his game while his whole team is playing at a high level, they will be very very tough. But I think dubs are dialing it in here, and if can get running on all cylinders, I'm very confident in this team. The 2 losses to the grizz def was like a wake up call, play has been much nicer. Still need to keep elevating to get a chip tho

Vinylman
05-18-2015, 07:32 AM
Dubs in 5 and it really won't even be that entertaining...

rockets probably lose to the clipps in 4 if CP3 played game 2... just saying

Htownballa1622
05-18-2015, 08:35 AM

Rockets would have beaten clips in 3 if we had bev and d mo playing. /sarcasm.

Since we're paying the dumb hypothetical Game, I might as well too.

I've seen you be wrong about Houston all postseason. You're bound to be right eventually but that doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

mightybosstone
05-18-2015, 08:47 AM
It's almost time......The Warriors are the better basketball team, but they have looked very beatable at times in these playoffs. I'd probably take them to win in 6, but Houston does have a lot of momentum right now and did play some pretty fantastic basketball at times in the last three games. Also, the Rockets are essentially playing with house money, which makes them dangerous against a team with so much pressure on it to succeed. Should be a fun series.

PurpleLynch
05-18-2015, 09:21 AM
It will be a nice series,GSW looks superior on paper,but Houston has a huge momentum right now. It will depends on how Rox players react to fatigue(a game 7 series with the Clips could be harsh for their legs).

Said that,at this point anyone could beat anyone,I don't see a clear cut superior team.

MDD
05-18-2015, 09:27 AM
Rockets! I thought early in the year they where 1 of the 2 teams that would give the Warriors problems

likemystylez
05-18-2015, 09:30 AM
Rockets will win 1 in 5 games

fixed :D

likemystylez
05-18-2015, 09:31 AM
Rockets! I thought early in the year they where 1 of the 2 teams that would give the Warriors problems

If the warriors have a problem winning by an average of 15 points per game and resting their starters the last 10-15 minutes of the game

BKLYNpigeon
05-18-2015, 09:34 AM
warriors in 5

Scoots
05-18-2015, 11:21 AM
It will be a nice series,GSW looks superior on paper,but Houston has a huge momentum right now. It will depends on how Rox players react to fatigue(a game 7 series with the Clips could be harsh for their legs).

Said that,at this point anyone could beat anyone,I don't see a clear cut superior team.

You mean like the momentum of winning 3 games in a row to close out a series? Like what the Warriors did?

I've been saying for some time that the Rockets are a better team than the media narrative lead people to believe. That said, the Rockets were made to look better by the Clippers collapse.

Howard vs Bogut should be a good battle (slight edge to Rockets).
Smith/Jones/Capela vs Green/Lee/Speights should be a good battle (slight edge to Warriors).
Ariza/Brewer vs Barnes/Iguodala should be a good battle (slight edge to Warriors).
Harden vs Thompson should be a good battle (slight edge to Rockets).
Terry/Prigioni vs Curry/Livingston should be a total domination by the Warriors.

yinbin
05-18-2015, 12:02 PM
There's no debate this year. Anything can happen. West is deep, anyone can beat anyone. http://financehotela.com/yellow/images/113.gifhttp://loanwebfast.com/green/images/42.gif

Verbal Christ
05-18-2015, 12:05 PM

LMAO

I'll play ... Rockets probably sweep LAC if they have Bev and Dmo ... See how that works?

And for the recored CP3 has wolvereine genes to heal up from a pulled hammy in 1 week. Medicine should analyze his body and find out how he did it. LOL

Iron24th
05-18-2015, 12:07 PM
warriors in 5

This

lol, please
05-18-2015, 01:25 PM
They could push this to 7.

Vinylman
05-18-2015, 01:43 PM
Rockets would have beaten clips in 3 if we had bev and d mo playing. /sarcasm.

Since we're paying the dumb hypothetical Game, I might as well too.

I've seen you be wrong about Houston all postseason. You're bound to be right eventually but that doesn't mean you know what you're talking about.

really to the bolded ... show me where I have been wrong about "Houston all post season"

Scoots
05-18-2015, 01:53 PM
There's no debate this year. Anything can happen. West is deep, anyone can beat anyone. http://financehotela.com/yellow/images/113.gifhttp://loanwebfast.com/green/images/42.gif

Sounds like the perfect situation for debate :)

CluTcH_c1tY
05-18-2015, 02:25 PM
The odds are stacked against my Rockets. Let's just play the games and see what happens. The key to the Warriors is containing Klay and Draymond. Curry is going to feast there's no denying that.

Htownballa1622
05-18-2015, 02:42 PM
really to the bolded ... show me where I have been wrong about "Houston all post season"

"over under on when DHoward quits on his team again by getting ejected...*

I say the 10 minute mark of the 3rd quarter...*

Got to give the Clippers credit... they are playing great right now"

RaiderLakersA's
05-18-2015, 03:31 PM
Warriors in 6.

lol, please
05-18-2015, 04:23 PM
Warriors in 6.
Tell these cats RaiderLakersA's!!

Vinylman
05-18-2015, 04:28 PM
"over under on when DHoward quits on his team again by getting ejected...*

I say the 10 minute mark of the 3rd quarter...*

Got to give the Clippers credit... they are playing great right now"

oh a flippant remark prior to game 5 after dwight quit on his team in game 4 is "wrong about Houston ALL post season"

good to know

LongIslandIcedZ
05-18-2015, 04:30 PM
For PSD reasons: Rockets

For personal purposes: Double Knockout

lol, please
05-18-2015, 04:30 PM
oh a flippant remark prior to game 5 after dwight quit on his team in game 4 is "wrong about Houston ALL post season"

good to know

I didn't even see game 4 of that series. Did Dwight really quit?

Htownballa1622
05-18-2015, 05:14 PM

good to know

Sorry I should've cleared up my ALL post season comment.

You're just wrong at RANDOM times and play things like the WHAT IF game.

Continue.

If.....if...if...

Bostonjorge
05-18-2015, 05:37 PM
Warriors in 4. Klay is MVP for series.

Gagan136
05-18-2015, 05:45 PM
Warriors in 4-5.

lol, please
05-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Honestly I think I give Houston more credit than most at this point. I'm actually shocked despite them coming back from behind and besting the Clippers they are getting wrote off so easily. Games aren't won on paper, this series is wide open for the moment. The game will be won down low, in the paint, in the trenches.

Scoots
05-18-2015, 07:06 PM
Honestly I think I give Houston more credit than most at this point. I'm actually shocked despite them coming back from behind and besting the Clippers they are getting wrote off so easily. Games aren't won on paper, this series is wide open for the moment. The game will be won down low, in the paint, in the trenches.

In the Warriors area I put forth the idea that maybe we should prefer the Clippers win ... nobody agreed though. The Rockets are certainly a more threatening team than the completely exhausted Clippers.

RaiderLakersA's
05-18-2015, 07:22 PM

When they're hot, Houston can shoot the lights out. They can also play fairly solid defense, both interior and on the periphery. But everything Houston can do, the Warriors can do in spades. I think Houston will win a game or two early, but the Warriors will find their stride and overwhelm Houston. As much as I remain a big Ariza fan, there's no way that I can root against GSW. The headlines will read Rockets downed by GSW (No, not Gun Shot Wound? Golden State Warriors.)

giantspwn
05-18-2015, 07:55 PM
Boring series since there's no Spurs.

Anything can happen in a seven game series but I can really only see the Warriors losing by beating themselves. Warriors can easily average 110+ this series. Harden will get his points but the Warriors have multiple players to rotate against him. These teams just don't match-up.

I got the Warriors in 5

brandt
05-18-2015, 09:42 PM
Boring series since there's no Spurs.

Anything can happen in a seven game series but I can really only see the Warriors losing by beating themselves. Warriors can easily average 110+ this series. Harden will get his points but the Warriors have multiple players to rotate against him. These teams just don't match-up.

I got the Warriors in 5

But everyone always says that if Harden is taken care of, then the Rockets won't do well. Don't forget that when the Rockets made their comeback against the Clippers in game 6, Harden was on the bench. I know they probably couldn't get away with that against the Warriors but I'm just sayin, anything can happen.

lol, please
05-19-2015, 01:49 PM
Not always true, Dwight can carry that team offensively

Scoots
05-19-2015, 02:33 PM
But everyone always says that if Harden is taken care of, then the Rockets won't do well. Don't forget that when the Rockets made their comeback against the Clippers in game 6, Harden was on the bench. I know they probably couldn't get away with that against the Warriors but I'm just sayin, anything can happen.

That was Morey saying that ... not people who actually know anything about ball.

Vinylman
05-19-2015, 03:09 PM
That was Morey saying that ... not people who actually know anything about ball.

lol ... nice

as for Harden... Portland last year pretty much showed everyone how to make him ineffective...

RaiderLakersA's
05-19-2015, 06:56 PM

Anything can happen for a game. But a 7-game series usually ends up with the better team winning.

The Rockets can't lose Harden to the bench, because the Warriors play solid defense even with their second string on the floor. They won't get caught sleeping, like the Clippers.

And I don't recommend hacking anyone on that squad. I think their worst player is still 50% or better at the charity stripe.

Chronz
05-19-2015, 07:05 PM
part of me wishes sa defeated us cuz this should be a spanking alternative

lol, please
05-20-2015, 02:08 PM
part of me wishes sa defeated us cuz this should be a spanking alternative
Spurs would make for a great series, but the Rockets deserve to be here they have proven.