ManningToTyree
01-22-2015, 04:35 PM
Damn that's a shame. Maybe the end is even closer then we imagined

DaLakerz Rulz
01-22-2015, 04:38 PM
lots of happy people in the nba forum now

rhd420
01-22-2015, 04:42 PM
it's called age - wear and tear literally so it's not really about catching a break
Calculate the amount of games Kobe has played, practices, etc ... I wouldn't be surprised if they made up a medical excuse for Kobe to be out, his numbers were pretty bad but you as a coach and organization aren't going to sit your star player ... rest up, collect millions, play your retirement season next year

Lakers + Giants
01-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Long live the tank. Take the rest of the season off kobe.

Wade n Fade
01-22-2015, 04:51 PM
Now, he should retire because there is no need to risk his long term health her he is rich from his past basketball contracts.

jerellh528
01-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Probably will shut him down for the year. All in for the tank I guess. Gimme okafor or mudiay

Goose17
01-22-2015, 04:52 PM
I wonder if this is it for him.

Iron24th
01-22-2015, 04:57 PM
This is an excuse to shut him down until next year and keep our pick, this is so obvious.

D-Leethal
01-22-2015, 04:58 PM
I think he sticks it out until the summer to see if Lakers can make any major moves, if not then retirement.

lamzoka
01-22-2015, 05:00 PM
Time to hang it up and take Mitch Cupcake's (whatever his name is) job.

lol, please
01-22-2015, 05:01 PM
Kobe will will his team to the playoffs, again. #Kobe>Lebron

Goose17
01-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Time to hang it up and take Mitch Cupcake's (whatever his name is) job.

:laugh: Mitch cupcake. **** me that actually had me chuckling.

Utd7
01-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Dodged a bullet I nearly bought Lakers tickets to see them at Staples during Spring Break. I'll make sure I buy clippers tickets now.

goingfor28
01-22-2015, 05:06 PM
Sucks for kobe

mngopher35
01-22-2015, 05:11 PM
Well even if he isn't truly injured bad its probably a good move to shut him down. Keep him healthy until next year (while tanking) and hope you can make some good moves this off season to give him a competitive team for his final season.

Goose17
01-22-2015, 05:11 PM
On the anniversary of his 81 point game.

Feels strange.

sens#11fan
01-22-2015, 05:12 PM
Don't see him retiring this year, as he wants to finish his career on top(not necessarily meaning winning a ring). I expected him to play till he was 40, now this injury is giving me some doubts.

lol, please
01-22-2015, 05:14 PM
On the anniversary of his 81 point game.

Feels strange.

And what a game it was. He may not be playing at the same level anymore, but his greatness will never be diminished.

JV35
01-22-2015, 05:16 PM
Not a chance he'll retire. He'll be back next year, even if this injury shuts him down.

He's getting paid, regardless. So, why should he even care?

InRoseWeTrust
01-22-2015, 05:16 PM
You guys, he's injured. It's not some Lakers conspiracy theory. Just stop it. Everything doesn't have to be some sort of grand and elaborate plot to deceive the public.

lol, please
01-22-2015, 05:17 PM
Not a chance he'll retire. He'll be back next year, even if this injury shuts him down.

He's getting paid, regardless. So, why should he even care?
Because he is passionate about the sport and he is a competitor, and he cares about his legacy.

WOwolfOL
01-22-2015, 05:38 PM
And what a game it was. He may not be playing at the same level anymore, but his greatness will never be diminished.
What'd he make, like 27 free throws... Not only the total points were crazy but he was at the stripe like every 2 minutes lol

Tony_Starks
01-22-2015, 06:04 PM
Well considering he did come back and play that game after he tore it I feel he could try to come back later if he wanted to ironman it out. Not much motivation to do so though, unless he wants to play that bad in the all-star game....

GiantsSwaGG
01-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Why did they give him 40 mill again?

Hawkeye15
01-22-2015, 06:38 PM
ugh. I have never liked Kobe much, but it sucks to watch an all timer go through this as his career is winding down. Bummer for the NBA in general, even if it might be good for the Lakers long term..

WOwolfOL
01-22-2015, 06:42 PM
They're showing the replay of 81 right now... Dude scored his 61st point with 6:30 left lol

AIverson
01-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Man this sucks for all the people who look up to Kobe. Trust me, I went through this with Iverson on his way out. It's gonna be hard for his fans to find a new guy to get behind.

PurpleLynch
01-22-2015, 07:28 PM
Oh come on,you know Kobe. He's gonna respect that contract imo. Probably they will shut him down for this season and next season it will be a "victory lap" to celebrate his career(he's not going to win that sixth,unfortunately).

ATX
01-22-2015, 07:36 PM
Man this sucks for all the people who look up to Kobe. Trust me, I went through this with Iverson on his way out. It's gonna be hard for his fans to find a new guy to get behind.

Until the NBA gifts them the #1 pick for tanking and they select Okafor. The NBA won't allow the Lakers to be down for long.

jimm120
01-22-2015, 07:42 PM
while I agree that he might stick it out till the summer in hopes that the team can build something (Kobe, Marshall, a top pick, plus free agents), I can also see him just sticking around.

I think he would want a Jeter type goodbye from the nba. And I think the Lakers wanted that too.

bucketss
01-22-2015, 07:45 PM
Why did they give him 40 mill again?

well he does sell tickets, and bump viewer ratings.

AIverson
01-22-2015, 07:45 PM
Until the NBA gifts them the #1 pick for tanking and they select Okafor. The NBA won't allow the Lakers to be down for long.

We're getting that pick, not the Lakers. Besides, even if they did get the Okafor, I doubt he'd be embraced by the Kobe die-hards/Laker fans. Those guys didn't even appreciate having peak Shaq.

ATX
01-22-2015, 08:31 PM
We're getting that pick, not the Lakers. Besides, even if they did get the Okafor, I doubt he'd be embraced by the Kobe die-hards/Laker fans. Those guys didn't even appreciate having peak Shaq.

Do you mean the the Nets...Assuming, since you're from Brooklyn? Anyways, I hear your point and hope that whoever "We" are get's that pick. I'm sure that that team "Deserves" that pick waaaaaay more than the Lakers. I guess the idea of the Lakers getting Okafor is rather meaningless anyways because Kobe will just complain that another star would be taking too many shots away from himself...They'd probably just appease Kobe and trade the pick anyways for players that would "Fit" around Kobe's; I'm going to play until I break every scoring record plan anyways.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
01-22-2015, 09:23 PM
while I agree that he might stick it out till the summer in hopes that the team can build something (Kobe, Marshall, a top pick, plus free agents), I can also see him just sticking around.

I think he would want a Jeter type goodbye from the nba. And I think the Lakers wanted that too.

Who is Marshall?

Tony_Starks
01-22-2015, 09:33 PM

Who is Marshall?

I think he means Randle. Kobe,Randle, a pick, and some help plus whoever you decide to keep from this year would at least give Kobe a competitive squad to ride off into the sunset with....

L8kers4life
01-22-2015, 09:38 PM

What the hell are you talking about, Lakers fan loves Shaq, your crazy. And your hilarious if you think Kobe die hards wouldn't embrace Okafor or any other top 5 pick for that matter. Don't talk about stuff you don't know, your not a laker fan and PSD is not the end all be all for Laker fans.

L8kers4life
01-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Do you mean the the Nets...Assuming, since you're from Brooklyn? Anyways, I hear your point and hope that whoever "We" are get's that pick. I'm sure that that team "Deserves" that pick waaaaaay more than the Lakers. I guess the idea of the Lakers getting Okafor is rather meaningless anyways because Kobe will just complain that another star would be taking too many shots away from himself...They'd probably just appease Kobe and trade the pick anyways for players that would "Fit" around Kobe's; I'm going to play until I break every scoring record plan anyways.

Holy ****, are you people serious. What the heck is going on here on PSD. We are talking about the same guy who passing 70 percent of the time since his minute reduction and has acknowledged he can no longer score like he use to and must adjust his game. Quit with the Kobe hate its pathetic.

L8kers4life
01-22-2015, 09:43 PM
I think he means Randle. Kobe,Randle, a pick, and some help plus whoever you decide to keep from this year would at least give Kobe a competitive squad to ride off into the sunset with....

One step further, Kobe, top 5 pick, Houston pick, Randle, Nick Young, Ed davis, Tarik Black and 35 mill in cap space, will allow the Lakers to competitive again.

Young2Kinsler
01-22-2015, 10:20 PM
Good thing he gave them such team friendly deal and only counts about 50% of their cap so that they can go out and still be competitive.

Jeffy25
01-22-2015, 10:35 PM
Laker fans saying he should rest for the tank....but they aren't really any better or worse with him vs without him.

Obviously though, it's a lost season any way. He might as well rest until they are competitive again.

Tony_Starks
01-23-2015, 01:01 AM

One step further, Kobe, top 5 pick, Houston pick, Randle, Nick Young, Ed davis, Tarik Black and 35 mill in cap space, will allow the Lakers to competitive again.

I forgot about Houston's pick. So something did come of attaining Lin the garbage can after all! Lol

Jenceman
01-23-2015, 04:54 AM
I've been highly critical of Kobe as a Lakers fan this season, but this blows.

tredigs
01-23-2015, 04:59 AM
No reason to watch the Lakers any more.

jerellh528
01-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Well he's out for the season now
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12217628&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B%22ref%22%3A%22https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googl e.com%2F%22%7D

Bruno
01-23-2015, 03:59 PM
any one who was aware of the shoulder problem dating back to the pre-season was banking on this being the offical reason for him to sit out the rest of the season. we just didn't know when.

Looking like the Lakers might end up keeping this top five pick. now all they gotta do is ship off Lin and Hill to contending teams before the deadline for picks. nothing would be worse for the Lakers and their fans than Phoenix compounding that heist by keeping a pick in the 6-9 range.

Bruno
01-23-2015, 04:01 PM
Laker fans saying he should rest for the tank....but they aren't really any better or worse with him vs without him.

Obviously though, it's a lost season any way. He might as well rest until they are competitive again.

debatable, but more importantly, it allows everyone else to get more touches, and to raise their trade value before the deadline. Jeremy Lin, Ed Davis, and Jordan Hill are all interesting pieces if you're a contending team looking to solidify your bench before April.

Confusious
01-23-2015, 04:37 PM
Kobe will will his team to the playoffs, again. #Kobe>Lebron
Nice name.

lol, please
01-24-2015, 02:10 AM
Nice name.