PDA

View Full Version : Will the Warriors win 70 games?

Gibby23
01-22-2015, 12:24 PM
If they win their next game they are on pace to win 70 games after 41 games played. I think they win 71. Lose 5 more the rest of the way.

jaydubb
01-22-2015, 12:25 PM
No

goingfor28
01-22-2015, 12:26 PM
No

DubbyDubbs
01-22-2015, 12:28 PM
No

TrueFan420
01-22-2015, 12:33 PM
Possible but unlikely

Gibby23
01-22-2015, 12:38 PM
Possible but unlikely

Magic 8 ball?

Burkey3472
01-22-2015, 12:40 PM
No chance.

Method28
01-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Sources: No.

Vinylman
01-22-2015, 12:50 PM
They are playing great but there is just no way ANYONE in the west can win 70 games especially with all the B2B's these days.

tredigs
01-22-2015, 01:12 PM
62 wins is probably their floor, 70 their ceiling. I'll split it and guess they'll win 65 or 66.

InRoseWeTrust
01-22-2015, 01:53 PM
Multiple sources are reporting that they will win no more than 65 games this year.

lakerfan85
01-22-2015, 01:56 PM
I'm going with 67-15

statquo
01-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Talked to a couple western conference executives and they say no.

IndyRealist
01-22-2015, 02:27 PM
They will have to let up on the gas eventually, or they'll burn out in the playoffs.

sf-fanatic
01-22-2015, 02:41 PM
nope but i wish lol

tredigs
01-22-2015, 02:47 PM
They will have to let up on the gas eventually, or they'll burn out in the playoffs.

What "gas" are they using more than anyone else, though? Their top 4 players in MPG are all 22-26 years old, and none of them are even over 33 MPG. Bogut took a few weeks off, D. Lee didn't even start until a week or two ago, and along with Iggy those three are all playing 6+ minutes a game less than they're capable of.

All things considered, with all these blowouts and time to rest in the 4th Q's, it's tough to imagine that they're not setting up to be the freshest team entering the post-season.

Goose17
01-22-2015, 03:04 PM
Maybe. It's not impossible. The last team to have the same record at this point in the season was the 95-96 Bulls. So they're on the right track.

The west is just so tough though. I think its safe to say this is improbable but not impossible.

NYKnickFanatic
01-22-2015, 03:09 PM
Better question.

Will the Knicks lose 70 games?

DubbyDubbs
01-22-2015, 03:10 PM
Maybe. It's not impossible. The last team to have the same record at this point in the season was the 95-96 Bulls. So they're on the right track.

The west is just so tough though. I think its safe to say this is improbable but not impossible.

Improbable not impossible. Sounds like someone's been playing nba 2k ;)

Trwood12
01-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Multiple sources are reporting that they will win no more than 65 games this year.
Are they time-travelers?

FlashBolt
01-22-2015, 03:42 PM
It's certainly possible barring no injuries. They are an 85% winning team with a 35-6 record. If they can keep up the first half in the second half, they certainly can. It's going to be tough though, since many teams are going to be seriously gunning for the playoff spots.

Goose17
01-22-2015, 03:57 PM
Improbable not impossible. Sounds like someone's been playing nba 2k ;)

LOL. I wondered where that came from. As soon as I read the thread title I thought of that line but couldn't remember where I heard it. Well done.

cmellofan15
01-22-2015, 04:18 PM
it would be pretty cool if they did

ManningToTyree
01-22-2015, 04:38 PM
No. There's a reason it has only happened once. The west is too stacked

Not to take anything away from the Ws just an incredibly tough feat

JV35
01-22-2015, 04:40 PM
70 wins? Seriously? NO Chance. None.

Goose17
01-22-2015, 04:43 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/tsl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=team_totals&lg_id=NBA&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&c1stat=&c1comp=gt&c1val=&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=srs

4th best team ever?

lol, please
01-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Quite easily.

JEDean89
01-22-2015, 05:53 PM
^^^ um no. its possible but will by no means be easy. i'm putting them around 68 wins. with the thunder and the spurs coming into their own, plus dallas and houston have bolstered their ranks it will be tougher to close out as good as they started. they will also inevitably hit a series of road games against tough opponents and lose a few more.

tredigs
01-22-2015, 05:59 PM
^^^ um no. its possible but will by no means be easy. i'm putting them around 68 wins. with the thunder and the spurs coming into their own, plus dallas and houston have bolstered their ranks it will be tougher to close out as good as they started. they will also inevitably hit a series of road games against tough opponents and lose a few more.

lol, please - meet JEDean89. JEDean89 - lol, please.

Regarding 'lol', there is no scenario where his answer would be any different... lol.

That said, he's about as spot on as JV35's response.

lol, please
01-22-2015, 06:04 PM
In my defense, I spoke too quickly and after thinking about it it would be extremely difficult and very impressive. That being said, I don't see any reason (other than history) that the warriors slow down any time soon.

Iron24th
01-22-2015, 06:20 PM
65-17

albertajaysfan
01-22-2015, 06:34 PM

Here is the crazy part though. They are performing so well that their starters haven't had to play a lot of minutes to achieve what they have. The depth they have is absolutely amazing. Take a look at their minutes breakdown. The 3 guys averaging over 30 mpg aren't that far over 30.

Plus add on the fact that they have actually gotten deeper as the season has progressed with David Lee's return, the addition of Leandro Barbosa and the emergence of Justin Holiday.

So while I agree the chances of them winning 70 are slim it is possible. It will also be exciting to watch as long as it is possible :)

Tony_Starks
01-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Nah

Tony_Starks
01-22-2015, 06:38 PM
If they ever have a 3 game losing streak I wouldn't be surprised there's a "Is Golden State Overrated" thread the next day......

lol, please
01-22-2015, 06:39 PM
Here is the crazy part though. They are performing so well that their starters haven't had to play a lot of minutes to achieve what they have. The depth they have is absolutely amazing. Take a look at their minutes breakdown. The 3 guys averaging over 30 mpg aren't that far over 30.

Plus add on the fact that they have actually gotten deeper as the season has progressed with David Lee's return, the addition of Leandro Barbosa and the emergence of Justin Holiday.

So while I agree the chances of them winning 70 are slim it is possible. It will also be exciting to watch as long as it is possible :)
I love the depth we have, and I love the emergence of Holiday, but it feels like the warriors have a target on their backs, and teams will bring out their best against them, I am kind of nervous that the expectations and success may create a distraction, and change the mindset of some of the players, there are still many games to be played, it will be interesting to see how things pan out. Staying healthy is key, and in the last two of the Warriors playoff runs, key injuries played a huge factor in going home early.

lol, please
01-22-2015, 06:41 PM
If they ever have a 3 game losing streak I wouldn't be surprised there's a "Is Golden State Overrated" thread the next day......
The warriors may very well regress. I think it's an overreaction to state that the warriors are head and shoulders above everyone else and an overwhelming finals favorite. It's way too early in the season.

albertajaysfan
01-22-2015, 06:45 PM
I love the depth we have, and I love the emergence of Holiday, but it feels like the warriors have a target on their backs, and teams will bring out their best against them, I am kind of nervous that the expectations and success may create a distraction, and change the mindset of some of the players, there are still many games to be played, it will be interesting to see how things pan out. Staying healthy is key, and in the last two of the Warriors playoff runs, key injuries played a huge factor in going home early.

Totally fair to have that concern. As a Raptors fan that is what seems to be playing out right now and it sucks. I just think that you guys are really well coached and have a very nice roster so I don't think it happens.

Your players seem really locked in and teams gunning for you guys hasn't seemed to make much of a difference.

RLundi
01-22-2015, 07:57 PM

Lol this.

FlashBolt
01-23-2015, 01:49 AM
if you're judging the playoffs strictly off regular season, you're gonna be in for a ride. No one is a clear cut favorite on the West.. that's just silly. it's going to be an NBA finals type matchup for three fricking rounds.

tredigs
01-23-2015, 02:10 AM
Yeah, they just lost at home to the Celtics for the 5th loss in the last 6 games and Lillard's really struggling with his shot the past month. They're definitely trending down and this is going to hurt 'em big. 7 of their next 9 are against playoff teams.

goingfor28
01-23-2015, 02:13 AM
if you're judging the playoffs strictly off regular season, you're gonna be in for a ride. No one is a clear cut favorite on the West.. that's just silly. it's going to be an NBA finals type matchup for three fricking rounds.
Can't wait!

FlashBolt
01-23-2015, 02:16 AM
Yeah, they just lost at home to the Celtics for the 5th loss in the last 6 games and Lillard's really struggling with his shot the past month. They're definitely trending down and this is going to hurt 'em big. 7 of their next 9 are against playoff teams.

did you mean to post this on the LA injurying his thumb thread :O?

tredigs
01-23-2015, 02:18 AM
did you mean to post this on the LA injurying his thumb thread :O?

Haha whoops - yeah.

lol, please
01-23-2015, 02:19 AM
Thank you. Truer words never spoken. That's why a team like the rockets can beat us in 5 games and all that weight on regular season games goes out the window.

JasonJohnHorn
01-23-2015, 05:59 PM
It is possible. Team in the SouthWest are beating up on each other, but will still put up a fight against GSW, so that is their biggest concern.

They are playing better than everybody in their division, and the Clippers are the only team that could beat them when they are playing well.

Portland just lost LMA for a while, so only one team in the NW is a threat: OKC. And they are better than everybody in the East.

From now until March 6th, they are clearly better than every team they are playing except ATL and SAS, one of which is a home game. A couple of games against Dallas will be competitive, but rest of the match-ups should go their way. So maybe they lose 3 of those games. Maybe only 1 or 2.

From March 6th onward, there are tougher match-ups: Clippers, Hawks, Pelicans, Grizzlies, Clippers again, Spurs, Pelicans again, and Memphis again. They also got a couple games agianst the Suns, Mavs and Trailblazers in that time. If LMA isn't in, Portland shouldn't be a problem. The should beat the Suns and Mavs...

But two games against ATL; two games against the Spurs; two against the Clippers; two against the Grizzlies; two against the Pelicans (who I think have some match-up problems for them). That is ten games where they have to really show up. I have to imagine they lose at least three of those games.

I think considering their percentage and who they are playing from here on out, if they play well each night and beat all the .500 > teams, and split the tough match ups, then they really got a shot. The problem is that even when you play a sub-500 team, this is the NBA. The Kings are going to circle that date on the calender and try to prove that even when losing they can hang with the best. All the teams will be doing that. The Suns... the Mavs.

I'd love to see it happen, but they have a target on their back, and they are going to have to play at such a high level from here on out, and maintain that level, that it is going to be VERY hard.

However, with front offices tanking, and coaches seemingly not caring too much about the regular season, it might not be as hard as all that if Kerr and the players are primed to chase after it and Kerr is going to give his best guys 36+ minutes, but Kerr has't been doing that and I don't think he should (though 38 minutes a game would put curry at about 25/10).

I think aiming for 68 wins is more realistic and nearly as impressive.