PDA

View Full Version : Michael Beasley named Chineese All-Star MVP after scoring record 59 pts

IKnowHoops
01-22-2015, 01:35 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/michael-beasley-named-chinese-all-star-game-mvp-after-scoring-record-59-points-183556509.html

Even the most ardent hoops lovers occasionally lose touch with which players are plying their trade where from time to time, missing signings or trades or releases for one reason or another. So you'd be forgiven if you'd forgotten that Michael Beasley former Kansas State standout and No. 2 overall selection in the 2008 NBA draft, one spot behind Derrick Rose, two choices ahead of Russell Westbrook, and three picks ahead of Kevin Love had gone (back) overseas, signing a one-year deal with the Yao Ming-owned Shanghai Sharks of the Chinese Basketball Association back in October after the Miami Heat declined to bring him back and a training camp invitation from the Memphis Grizzlies seemed unlikely to result in a regular-season roster spot.

[Follow Dunks Don't Lie on Tumblr: The best slams from all of basketball]

Evidently, the former Heat, Minnesota Timberwolves and Phoenix Suns forward who turned 26 years old on Jan. 9 is thriving in the CBA, averaging 29.4 points on 51.4 percent shooting to go with 10.4 rebounds and 4.7 assists in 38.5 minutes per game. (Despite Beasley's production, the Sharks rank just 12th in the CBA with a 15-17 overall record.) Such gaudy numbers earned SuperCoolBeas a trip to the league's annual All-Star Game, and it looks like he gave the fans quite a show:

After the Stephon Marbury and Andray Blatche-led North team stormed out to a 13-2 lead, Beasley led the South side back, scoring a CBA All-Star Game record 59 points to lead the South to a 142-123 victory, according to Chinese news outlet Xinhua. Beasley was named the game's MVP, which tends to happen when you set a new single-game scoring record and your team wins.

It remains to be seen whether Beasley's regular-season and exhibition-game scoring prowess leads NBA teams to view him as a viable late-season addition after the CBA campaign wraps up in March. If nothing else, though, I think we can all find some comfort in the knowledge that defense is just as optional in international all-star games as it is here in the U.S.

View photo
.Michael Beasley dunks during the CBA All-Star Game.
Michael Beasley dunks during the CBA All-Star Game.
Video via allenwkai.

goingfor28
01-22-2015, 01:37 AM
Good for heem. I would like to see him work his way back to the nba. Dude was a beast at K St.

cmellofan15
01-22-2015, 01:41 AM
"the Stephon Marbury and Andray Blatche-led North team"
that line told me all i needed to know about this all star game..

WOwolfOL
01-22-2015, 01:51 AM
Yeah sounds like his K State days. He was a ****ing monster.

IndyRealist
01-22-2015, 07:03 AM
1. It was an all-star game.
2. It was an all-star game in China.

I don't see why this matters. I'm sure he could drop 100 in a rec league as well.

king4day
01-22-2015, 09:23 AM
If anyone saw the highlights, there was no D played on any of his drives. It was the parting of the sea.
He took some typical Beasley 3's too. It was actually hard to watch..
He wouldn't come close to replicating that in the NBA.

I don't' think he should ever return. He'll remain a 'star' over there but would be a bench guy playing for the vet min in the NBA

Burkey3472
01-22-2015, 10:43 AM
I still think he is capable of being a role player over here but I doubt he finally found it. He's playing against poor competition, so its not shocking he dominated.

tredigs
01-22-2015, 02:35 PM
Lmao ****in IKnowHoops, is this your annual, "Michael Beasley is about to shock the world" thread?

27 year old Errick Mccollum leads the Chinese league in PPG with a 38.2 PPG average. He attended Division II "Goshen College" of Indiana from 2006-2010. He is the far less talented older brother of CJ Mccollum - who currently averages 4/1/1 with a PER of 9 as a backup guard in POR.

We done here?

PurpleLynch
01-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Get over it OP.
Beasley has/had all the tools to be a great NBA player,but he just decided to follow a different(and easier imo) path.
He could be good considering just his potential,but he won't be good in the Nba as long he's immature. And he's 26.
Plus,it was an all star game in China.(no offense,it's just a league abysmally weaker than the Nba).

WaDe03
01-22-2015, 03:26 PM
He's the best player in the world and it's really not even close.

rhd420
01-22-2015, 04:58 PM
If you saw the HBO show with Marbury, it's a great way to extend your career
Maybe staying in China is the way to go for Beasley, at least get a steady paycheck and be viable vs being in the NBA D League

IKnowHoops
01-22-2015, 04:59 PM
Lmao ****in IKnowHoops, is this your annual, "Michael Beasley is about to shock the world" thread?

27 year old Errick Mccollum leads the Chinese league in PPG with a 38.2 PPG average. He attended Division II "Goshen College" of Indiana from 2006-2010. He is the far less talented older brother of CJ Mccollum - who currently averages 4/1/1 with a PER of 9 as a backup guard in POR.

We done here?

I love when you post on a thread of mine. Always so much anger and hate. There was nothing to prove with this thread. It was just something that happened. Like most things I post, that butt hurt head on your shoulders makes you read into things that simply aren't there. Feel better bro.

IKnowHoops
01-22-2015, 05:01 PM
Get over it OP.
Beasley has/had all the tools to be a great NBA player,but he just decided to follow a different(and easier imo) path.
He could be good considering just his potential,but he won't be good in the Nba as long he's immature. And he's 26.
Plus,it was an all star game in China.(no offense,it's just a league abysmally weaker than the Nba).

Get over what? Its just something that happened. Stop smoking that tre erb. It will only make you ornery.

IKnowHoops
01-22-2015, 05:03 PM
If anyone saw the highlights, there was no D played on any of his drives. It was the parting of the sea.
He took some typical Beasley 3's too. It was actually hard to watch..
He wouldn't come close to replicating that in the NBA.

I don't' think he should ever return. He'll remain a 'star' over there but would be a bench guy playing for the vet min in the NBA

Hard to watch? ahahahahaha

Ive never seen lanes that wide since watching Emmitt Smith during his hay day with the cowboys. But hard to watch? I found it hilarious.

IKnowHoops
01-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Good for heem. I would like to see him work his way back to the nba. Dude was a beast at K St.

This is what I was thinking. Just happy for the guy. Some of you are just to pessimistic and feel the need to put a negative spin on everything.

king4day
01-22-2015, 05:11 PM
Hard to watch? ahahahahaha

Ive never seen lanes that wide since watching Emmitt Smith during his hay day with the cowboys. But hard to watch? I found it hilarious.

You know what I mean. It's uncomfortable knowing that these are their all-stars and nobody is trying on D.
Making a mediocre player look like the second coming of Kobe.

IKnowHoops
01-22-2015, 05:27 PM
You know what I mean. It's uncomfortable knowing that these are their all-stars and nobody is trying on D.
Making a mediocre player look like the second coming of Kobe.

I just think its the reality. I expect the best US college players to ball up the best chinneese players. If Beasley can score 30 points in an NBA game, I'd think he can score 60 against chineese. Scoring has never been the dudes problem. Its been his defense, weed, and overall low b-ball IQ.

Goose17
01-22-2015, 05:31 PM
From the 2012 CBA all star game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr7K7DOAZns

Just giving some context.

Avenged
01-22-2015, 05:33 PM
He still sucks. Moving on..

IndyRealist
01-22-2015, 05:34 PM
I just think its the reality. I expect the best US college players to ball up the best chinneese players. If Beasley can score 30 points in an NBA game, I'd think he can score 60 against chineese. Scoring has never been the dudes problem. Its been his defense, weed, and overall low b-ball IQ.

It's really just the weed, and off-the-court decisions in general. Plenty of players stay in the league with low bball IQ and soft defense when they're athletic freaks.

IKnowHoops
01-22-2015, 05:43 PM
From the 2012 CBA all star game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr7K7DOAZns

Just giving some context.

Thats pretty funny

tredigs
01-22-2015, 05:55 PM
I love when you post on a thread of mine. Always so much anger and hate. There was nothing to prove with this thread. It was just something that happened. Like most things I post, that butt hurt head on your shoulders makes you read into things that simply aren't there. Feel better bro.

lol no anger or hate IKH, just a general clowning. You spent - no less - than 200 posts (including threads you started) last year dedicated Michael Beasley and what a monster he was/would become. Forgive me for not showing your thread on the Chinese Basketball Association more awe and respect here on the general NBA board.

IKnowHoops
01-22-2015, 06:25 PM
lol no anger or hate IKH, just a general clowning. You spent - no less - than 200 posts (including threads you started) last year dedicated Michael Beasley and what a monster he was/would become. Forgive me for not showing your thread on the Chinese Basketball Association more awe and respect here on the general NBA board.

You just clown yourself. There was nothing to awe or hate, but of course you jumped to hate. What I said about beasley was that he would be mentioned in the 6 man of the year. "Monster"? Your still salty from the past. You jump to your own conclusions all the time. Don't worry, your about to look real stupid with your last Cleveland post and Ill be sure to remind you about it. And you won't own it either, you'll make another excuse to why you said what you said. You just hate to hate. Its ok. Your entertainment for sure so keep doing what your doing.

tredigs
01-22-2015, 06:49 PM
You just clown yourself. There was nothing to awe or hate, but of course you jumped to hate. What I said about beasley was that he would be mentioned in the 6 man of the year. "Monster"? Your still salty from the past. You jump to your own conclusions all the time. Don't worry, your about to look real stupid with your last Cleveland post and Ill be sure to remind you about it. And you won't own it either, you'll make another excuse to why you said what you said. You just hate to hate. Its ok. Your entertainment for sure so keep doing what your doing.

As to Cleveland not being a top ten team in the NBA and having no chance to win the title? GL with that. They may scrape into the 8-9th best team at best, but barring injury they're simply not as good as GS/ATL/DAL/OKC/SAS/POR/LAC. I'd also take CHI/HOU/WAS over them. It's a 47 win team (~52) had Bron not rested himself) that will lose in the ECF's at the very latest. I have 'em out in the 2nd round.

IKnowHoops
01-22-2015, 08:15 PM
As to Cleveland not being a top ten team in the NBA and having no chance to win the title? GL with that. They may scrape into the 8-9th best team at best, but barring injury they're simply not as good as GS/ATL/DAL/OKC/SAS/POR/LAC. I'd also take CHI/HOU/WAS over them. It's a 47 win team (~52) had Bron not rested himself) that will lose in the ECF's at the very latest. I have 'em out in the 2nd round.

Your wrong. I promise you your wrong. The only team in the east that has a chance to beat them barring injury is ATL. They are better than LAC, POR, OKC, DAL, CHI, WAS. There losses and slow start are combination of Bron playing a certain way/chemistry issues/and lack of center. Now with a few added pieces, and Bron going harder, the team is totally different. But I know this goes through one ear and out the other. You still don't believe that Bron coasts and you just don't like him so it blocks your ability to see clearly on this matter. You'll see come playoffs.

They will continue to get better and by the playoffs, I see most people seeing them as a top 4 team in the league with a definite shot at the Championship.

Goose17
01-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Cleveland will be lucky to get out of the first round never mind the second.

Next year will be different.

tredigs
01-22-2015, 08:51 PM
Your wrong. I promise you your wrong. The only team in the east that has a chance to beat them barring injury is ATL. They are better than LAC, POR, OKC, DAL, CHI, WAS. There losses and slow start are combination of Bron playing a certain way/chemistry issues/and lack of center. Now with a few added pieces, and Bron going harder, the team is totally different. But I know this goes through one ear and out the other. You still don't believe that Bron coasts and you just don't like him so it blocks your ability to see clearly on this matter. You'll see come playoffs.

They will continue to get better and by the playoffs, I see most people seeing them as a top 4 team in the league with a definite shot at the Championship.

Mk bud. We shall see. Is that D magically going to make the unprecedented jump from 5th worst to 5th best? Because that is around the territory they'll need to be at to be in the Finals fighting for the ship that you're so unpredictably predicting. As is, I'd take the top 9 teams in the west over Cleveland if the series started today. They have a lot of work to do.

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-23-2015, 12:37 AM
He's the best player in the world and it's really not even close.

Yes the best player in the communist world.

IKnowHoops
01-23-2015, 12:45 AM
Cleveland will be lucky to get out of the first round never mind the second.

Next year will be different.

Only team in the east that can beat them in the playoffs are the Hawks. No other team in the east will beat them barring injury.