PDA

View Full Version : Rose to Lakers Part 2.....

TheBatchelor213
01-21-2015, 07:14 PM
Just wanted to follow up on the video.

Yes it was made half jokingly but if you look outside of the box it's hard for me to believe people don't see the benefit of such a trade....for both sides. Rose will never bring a championship to the Bulls, it's just not going to happen and as we have seen he is an injury away from his career being done with.

Living in LA, it's not hard to see the Lakers don't know what to do with Kobe....they want a high draft pick but have stayed too competitive for their liking, they won't win this year and if Kobe decides to play out his contract they won't win next year either adding to the fact no free agent will sign to suit up next to Bryant.

In trading Bryant you rid yourself of the dilemma and add a point guard, who although I can't stand will be more attractive to potential free agents than Kobe.

The incentive for the Bulls to trade Rose is simple....they won't win with him, will get out of his contract and will get a guy more motivated than ever to win one more chip, let alone bring them their first championship since Jordan. The roster as it stands consists of a team perfect for Bryants current talents as its a team of hard working, hard nosed players with shooters who can spread the floor given Bryant the opportunity to facilitate as well as have a good share of isos

If it doesn't work out Kobe probably retires at years end and Bulls can use the cap to sign a guy like Dragic or Brandon Knight and finally get out of the mess called Derrick Rose.

For the Lakers....they can play Rose minimally this year, get him healthy then come back next year with a legitimate shot and signing a guy like Kevin Love who probably would not consider the Lakers with Kobe. Add in a healthy Randle, a high draft pick and additional cap space and the Lakers are back in business.

Feel free to close this thread as well but from a basketball stand point this makes more sense than you may think.

ATTN! Chicago Bulls! Trade D. Rose for Kobe Bryant: http://youtu.be/DLzrfqSagUE

RLundi
01-21-2015, 07:16 PM
Why did the first thread get locked?

Goose17
01-21-2015, 08:02 PM
Why did the first thread get locked?

because this is stupid.

2-ONE-5
01-21-2015, 09:15 PM
lol so Rose wont bring a title to Chicago but Kobe will???????

bucketss
01-21-2015, 09:49 PM
im sorry but rose is better than kobe at this point.

Lakers + Giants
01-21-2015, 09:59 PM
lol so Rose wont bring a title to Chicago but Kobe will???????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RVS8cjNN0

Cracka2HI!
01-21-2015, 10:55 PM
Wait Derek Rose for Bryant? Is Malik Rose still in the league? That would be more realistic.

IKnowHoops
01-21-2015, 10:59 PM
Nobody wants that 36 year old broken down bum gun.

KingoftheFall
01-21-2015, 11:41 PM
lol no talented player is even going to sniff the idea of joining the lakers in its current state. You Laker fans need to stop its pathetic.

cubfan23
01-21-2015, 11:50 PM
Just wanted to follow up on the video.

Yes it was made half jokingly but if you look outside of the box it's hard for me to believe people don't see the benefit of such a trade....for both sides. Rose will never bring a championship to the Bulls, it's just not going to happen and as we have seen he is an injury away from his career being done with.

Living in LA, it's not hard to see the Lakers don't know what to do with Kobe....they want a high draft pick but have stayed too competitive for their liking, they won't win this year and if Kobe decides to play out his contract they won't win next year either adding to the fact no free agent will sign to suit up next to Bryant.

In trading Bryant you rid yourself of the dilemma and add a point guard, who although I can't stand will be more attractive to potential free agents than Kobe.

The incentive for the Bulls to trade Rose is simple....they won't win with him, will get out of his contract and will get a guy more motivated than ever to win one more chip, let alone bring them their first championship since Jordan. The roster as it stands consists of a team perfect for Bryants current talents as its a team of hard working, hard nosed players with shooters who can spread the floor given Bryant the opportunity to facilitate as well as have a good share of isos

If it doesn't work out Kobe probably retires at years end and Bulls can use the cap to sign a guy like Dragic or Brandon Knight and finally get out of the mess called Derrick Rose.

For the Lakers....they can play Rose minimally this year, get him healthy then come back next year with a legitimate shot and signing a guy like Kevin Love who probably would not consider the Lakers with Kobe. Add in a healthy Randle, a high draft pick and additional cap space and the Lakers are back in business.

Feel free to close this thread as well but from a basketball stand point this makes more sense than you may think.

ATTN! Chicago Bulls! Trade D. Rose for Kobe Bryant: http://youtu.be/DLzrfqSagUE

LOL this is embarrassing.....please ban this kid from PSD

TheBatchelor213
01-22-2015, 01:18 AM
Care to disagree....that is fine

Bulls fans can continue to stick with Rose and see where it gets them

Lakers can hang out to Kobe for the next season and a half and continue to dwell at the bottom of the standings.

The trade helps both teams, if you don't see it, you don't see it

DaBUU
01-22-2015, 02:07 PM
umm No

IndyRealist
01-22-2015, 02:31 PM
In before close.

This is silly.

InRoseWeTrust
01-22-2015, 03:21 PM
Care to disagree....that is fine

Bulls fans can continue to stick with Rose and see where it gets them

Lakers can hang out to Kobe for the next season and a half and continue to dwell at the bottom of the standings.

The trade helps both teams, if you don't see it, you don't see it

No, it doesn't help the Bulls, at all. And before you start, I've lived in LA for the past decade so I'm no stranger to Kobe (including what he was and what he is now).

Kobe on a Roseless Bulls team isn't going to do ****. It will be a first round exit playoff team, and then the Bulls will be left with nothing after next season, assuming Kobe doesn't just quit after the present one.

If Derrick is good enough to be a future piece for the Lakers, why isn't he good enough to be a piece going forward for the Bulls? He's showed flashes of brilliance this year, and there's no reason to move him for a guy in the last days of the twilight of his career when it's only, at best, a lateral move for the next two years. Just stop.

Ty22Mitchell
01-22-2015, 03:24 PM
I like Rose, but I haven't seen his MVP form this season. I'm beginning to doubt he can still carry the burden of being a number one guy.

t_money25
01-22-2015, 03:25 PM
Please explain how this trade benefits the Bulls

Sanjay
01-22-2015, 06:35 PM
I like Rose, but I haven't seen his MVP form this season. I'm beginning to doubt he can still carry the burden of being a number one guy.

Remember he has only played the equivalent of one regular season in the last three years and we are only halfway through this season (he's only played 32 games this season, 10 the last and did not play the season before that).

lol, please
01-22-2015, 06:35 PM
lol no talented player is even going to sniff the idea of joining the lakers in its current state. You Laker fans need to stop its pathetic.

I believe that's false. The Lakers have a legacy and history worthy of envy, it wouldn't be hard for the Lakers to attract talent at all, despite their recent lack of success.

albertajaysfan
01-22-2015, 06:42 PM
I actually don't see how this trade benefits the Lakers. They would probably end up winning more. The argument that they are winning to much with Kobe is entirely flawed. They currently have the 4th worst record in the NBA which means they keep their pick. I think this season is playing out fairly well for them to be honest.

It also looks more and more like Kobe might just call it quits after this season. He passed MJ on the points list and I think he recognizes as well as anybody that he won't be winning another championship during his current contract. Plus his body isn't holding up anymore.

As for Chicago they need a point guard not a shooting guard. Seeing as how they have one of the top 5 at the position already in Jimmy Butler.

InRoseWeTrust
01-22-2015, 07:01 PM
I actually don't see how this trade benefits the Lakers. They would probably end up winning more. The argument that they are winning to much with Kobe is entirely flawed. They currently have the 4th worst record in the NBA which means they keep their pick. I think this season is playing out fairly well for them to be honest.

It also looks more and more like Kobe might just call it quits after this season. He passed MJ on the points list and I think he recognizes as well as anybody that he won't be winning another championship during his current contract. Plus his body isn't holding up anymore.

As for Chicago they need a point guard not a shooting guard. Seeing as how they have one of the top 5 at the position already in Jimmy Butler.

No, Rose is fine. What we really need is another wing, but giving up Rose to get one would be counterproductive. They need to move a Taj-based package for a player similar to Wilson Chandler.

lol, please
01-28-2015, 03:43 AM
No, Rose is fine. What we really need is another wing, but giving up Rose to get one would be counterproductive. They need to move a Taj-based package for a player similar to Wilson Chandler.
Rose :worthy:

3ballbomber
01-28-2015, 03:48 AM
lock this crap