PDA

View Full Version : Questions surrounding Joel Embiid maturity....

GiantsSwaGG
01-18-2015, 12:06 PM
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - So, who is Joel Embiid, really?

The 76ers rookie appears to be a likable person. The 7-footer always speaks to reporters in passing, even though he's off-limits for interviews.

He displayed a fun-loving personality on Twitter and Instagram by unsuccessfully recruiting LeBron James to the Sixers and asking out Rihanna and Kim Kardashian on dates.

Embiid has a weight issue. Although the Sixers wouldn't disclose his weight, a source said he's close to 300 pounds after being 250 pounds at Kansas last season.

His work ethic is being questioned by some inside the organization.

And a blowup with assistant strength and conditioning coach James Davis is one of the reasons he was sent home during the team's recent West Coast road trip.

So, who is Embiid?

"He's a young, 20-year-old kid who is trying to figure his way into being a professional basketball player and learning life," Sixers forward Luc Mbah a Moute said.

Mbah a Moute knows more about his fellow Cameroonian than anyone here in the United States. He spotted Embiid at a basketball camp in their homeland several years ago. The 28-year-old has mentored Embiid ever since.

"Obviously, you can see some of his immaturity [in] his tweets sometimes," Mbah a Moute said. "But you can also understand how mature he is in certain situations the way he handled himself. . . . He's a good kid, man.

"At the end of the day, it's tough for him being in a situation where people can't really see who he is as a person."

So true.

Reporters are not permitted to interview Embiid until he participates in a full, five-on-five scrimmage, a league policy the Sixers follow. Based on his rehabilitation program for predraft foot surgery, that time may not come until late April or May, if at all this season.

Instead, the public perception of him comes from his fun-loving Twitter pranks, or whether you believe what others say about him.

But here are the definite truths.

Embiid came to the United States as a high school junior to play basketball. Now, for the first time, he has to deal with not being able to play the sport he learned to love.

On top of that, the former Kansas standout is about 6,000 miles from home. Having the support of teammates, especially Mbah a Moute, is good. But there's nothing like having your family around during tough times.

And it has been tough for Embiid, who's still dealing with the loss of his younger brother Arthur. The 13-year-old died in a car accident in October in Africa.

Playing in actual games would be a good way to help him cope. However, the closest he has gotten is participating in pregame shooting drills.

Because of the foot injury, his conditioning has been limited. Embiid can only do things such as use the antigravity treadmill and take long walks to generate a rapid heart rate. In the process, he has become noticeably heavier than the chiseled 250 pounds he carried in college.

The Sixers are trying to address the added weight. Embiid, however, hasn't always been a willing workout participant, according to sources. He's even blown off conditioning drills, one source added.

An altercation with Davis during the West Coast trip, coupled with Brown's wanting him to be in "more of a structured, stable environment," pushed the Sixers to send him home, the sources said.

Because he's not practicing, Embiid is unable to give his side of the story. Maybe that's all for the best. Brown said Embiid "has been good trying to get back on track with his conditioning."

The Sixers don't want to rush the third overall pick onto the court. It's also believed they would be content if he missed the entire season, as Nerlens Noel (knee surgery) did last season. That's understandable.

Embiid was a health risk even before the Sixers drafted him.

A stress fracture in his lower back kept him out of the Big 12 and NCAA tournaments last winter. Still, he was projected to go No. 1 until a stress fracture in his right foot was diagnosed the week before the draft. He had surgery June 20 and was expected to be sidelined up to eight months.

So, the Sixers are being cautious.

"He's boxed up in a big man's frame," Brown said. "He is frustrated at times when he isn't playing. He can't play. And I just feel like there are a lot of things going against him."

The Sixers are hoping he sheds the weight and is 100 percent healthy by next season.

He'll be happy to be back on the court contributing for the Sixers. At that point, we'll finally learn just who Embiid actually is.

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20150118_Inside_the_Sixers__Questions_surround_Emb iid_s_conditioning__maturity.html#AIXLuAt5re547wKt .99

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20150118_Inside_the_Sixers__Questions_surround_Emb iid_s_conditioning__maturity.html#rtQXZ4ptHQR8eJ1I .99

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/sixers/?wss=/philly/sports/sixers&id=288942091

Dude went from 250 to 300 lbs, what do you make of this?

KnicksorBust
01-18-2015, 12:18 PM
The warning signs are there for him to be a total bust. With MCW reportedly being shopped and Noel having a relatively low ceiling, the rebuild in Philly might take longer than anticipated.

lamzoka
01-18-2015, 12:44 PM
Another Hasheem Thabbet?

beasted86
01-18-2015, 01:04 PM
The warning signs are there for him to be a total bust. With MCW reportedly being shopped and Noel having a relatively low ceiling, the rebuild in Philly might take longer than anticipated.

Sixers fans seem to think they will be in the playoff hunt after next season. I don't see it.

If the Cavs have 3 all-stars and are struggling , I don't see them getting into the playoffs in 2018 without one franchise player, let alone an all-star yet. They would need a couple karat cut diamonds to be found in this draft.

RLundi
01-18-2015, 01:40 PM
I think Philly has hit a serious snag in their rebuild. In theory, the idea makes perfect sense- tank, stockpile assets and rebuild with younger players. The application though is where things can go horribly wrong. So far, the jury is out on Hinkie's draft picks: idk what to make of MCW, and apparently neither do the Sixers, since they're comstsntly back and forth about moving him.

Noel looks decent and I think he'll be a good center, but he's just that- a center, the same position Embiid plays.

And what happens with Saric? Does he even come over? When?

It just seems like Philly fans are always gonna be waiting for the other shoe to drop. When are they gonna begin to turn things around? I don't even see a framework of a team. It doesn't look promising.

I get Hinkie's mindset: you don't want to be in 35-win purgatory forever. But tanking isn't an exact science. Honestly, if anything, I hope this teaches teams not to go all-in on being horribly bad, because it truly is not a guarantee of future success.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-18-2015, 01:41 PM
sixers scammed again lol?

first bynum...

dodgersuck
01-18-2015, 01:43 PM
He'll be fine, I would imagine it would be hard to keep off some weight when you aren't able to play. Lets see him on the court before we anoint him a bust.

2-ONE-5
01-18-2015, 02:03 PM
i would expect any growing teenager who has been injured for sometime to gain weight. but dont look too much into anything that comes from Philly media bcuz outside of Tom Moore they all hate Hinkie and like to start **** bcuz he gives them no information. i would take this with a grin of salt.

2-ONE-5
01-18-2015, 02:05 PM
Sixers fans seem to think they will be in the playoff hunt after next season. I don't see it.

If the Cavs have 3 all-stars and are struggling , I don't see them getting into the playoffs in 2018 without one franchise player, let alone an all-star yet. They would need a couple karat cut diamonds to be found in this draft.

since when do u need a franchise player to make the playoffs, especially in the east?

Goose17
01-18-2015, 02:23 PM
While we're on the topic of maturity from younger players;

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/living-the-dream-whats-it-like-being-an-nba-teenager/

This article is a great read, all about being in the NBA as a teenager. ^

Goose17
01-18-2015, 02:26 PM
And face it, he never wanted to be a sixer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf2Fr9RJdl0

Delay my arse.

SeoulBeatz
01-18-2015, 03:04 PM

Hmm on offense, sure.

But defensively, I have to disagree. He's currently leading all rookies in rebounds, blocks, AND steals.

The guy is extremely active as a defender. He's gonna need to put some weight on, but I think his quickness is a big reason why he's able to get so many steals. He has an uncanny ability to pick ballhandler's pockets and he also tips a lot of entry passes while providing his signature shot-blocking ability.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZfMyy6vJc

I wouldn't let his offensive struggles define him, because that's not what his game is about.

Embiid is the one the Sixers are counting on to provide post scoring while Nerlens will have to develop his midrange jumper.

bleedprple&gold
01-18-2015, 03:07 PM
Let's see the kid out on the court before we judge him. His brother just died, he's dealing with his first major injury while trying to adjust to nba life. He'll be fine, it just may take him a little longer than expected.

Corey
01-18-2015, 03:13 PM
His little brother died a few months ago.

He isn't allowed to play basketball.

He's 20.

He's only been playing organized for 3.5 years.

Talk about blown out of proportion. Give the kid a break. He has a lot on his plate.

As a Kansas fan, I really wish Embiid got to experience college for a longer period of time. I thought his basketball skills were enough to go to the next level, but I really wanted him to get to be a kid for another year after only being in the states for such a short period of time.

SeoulBeatz
01-18-2015, 03:22 PM

Delay my arse.

lol what? The guy is our biggest cheerleader from the bench. He seems positively thrilled to be here.

2-ONE-5
01-18-2015, 04:34 PM
yea Embiid def loves being here and was active on Twitter about the delay too after it happend and sent out a picture of his actual reaction.

Goose17
01-18-2015, 04:36 PM
yea Embiid def loves being here and was active on Twitter about the delay too after it happend and sent out a picture of his actual reaction.

Well he's hardly going to admit that was his real reaction and he doesn't want to be there.

I don't buy the delay stuff. Sorry. It smells like B.S

His P.R people got his back though, good choice in agent etc.

xxplayerxx23
01-18-2015, 04:45 PM
He's the key to Lebron coming to Philly. He's will lose the weight.

ruckus16969
01-18-2015, 05:06 PM

Delay my arse.

wow that's awesome

GiantsSwaGG
01-18-2015, 05:11 PM

Delay my arse.

Lol

beasted86
01-18-2015, 05:47 PM
since when do u need a franchise player to make the playoffs, especially in the east?

Well you need defense on the East, and the Sixers don't have that either.

beasted86
01-18-2015, 05:51 PM
sixers scammed again lol?

first bynum...

They weren't scammed either time.

SeoulBeatz
01-18-2015, 06:05 PM
Well he's hardly going to admit that was his real reaction and he doesn't want to be there.

I don't buy the delay stuff. Sorry. It smells like B.S

His P.R people got his back though, good choice in agent etc.

Freal though?
https://vine.co/v/OetiQbimB2i
https://twitter.com/Sixers/status/554103825943261184
https://twitter.com/Sixers/status/553751704609779712

Guy is always the first one off the bench to dap his teammates, he's always wildn out on the bench.

Even IF he was initially unhappy to be here, he's obviously in a good place now and is bonding with his teammates just fine.

GiantsSwaGG
01-18-2015, 06:13 PM
They weren't scammed either time.

They gave up Nikola for Bynum, they were scammed

2-ONE-5
01-18-2015, 06:15 PM

our defense is solid actually on most nights, dont let the PPG game fool you we play one of the faster paces. Most nights we wreak havoc on D bcuz we have a ton of guys who can pick your pocket

2-ONE-5
01-18-2015, 06:17 PM
Freal though?

Guy is always the first one off the bench to dap his teammates, he's always wildn out on the bench.

Even IF he was initially unhappy to be here, he's obviously in a good place now and is bonding with his teammates just fine.

go to Philly where the team wants to build their franchise around you or go to the trainwreck of a city and franchise in Cleveland or go to the Bucks where you will be forgotten about

SeoulBeatz
01-18-2015, 06:18 PM
our defense is solid actually on most nights, dont let the PPG game fool you we play one of the faster paces. Most nights we wreak havoc on D bcuz we have a ton of guys who can pick your pocket

yeah we have some nice defensive pieces no doubt...

KJ, Noel, MCW, Jeremi Grant, (hopefully) Embiid.

Now, about the offense....

soundjunkies2
01-18-2015, 06:28 PM

He's 20.

Talk about blown out of proportion. Give the kid a break. He has a lot on his plate.

As a Kansas fan, I really wish Embiid got to experience college for a longer period of time. I thought his basketball skills were enough to go to the next level, but I really wanted him to get to be a kid for another year after only being in the states for such a short period of time.

Pun intended?

Corey
01-18-2015, 06:33 PM
Pun intended?

Partially, but i was serious in my overall message.

Additionally, a lot of people wanted him to put on this weight. They said he needed to bulk up to be a 5 instead of a 4 coming out of college. I dont know how much everyone knows about body composition and weight / muscle development, but for an athletic guy like him, it's a lot easier to just eat a ton, get a little chubby, and work it off as a means of bulking up rather than a long, gradual weight gain process.

He isn't playing. He's not allowed to play. If he's building his upper body and gaining some weight when he's barely even allowed to do cardio, it's no skin off my teeth.

I just really wouldn't be concerned if I was a Philly fan.

GiantsSwaGG
01-18-2015, 06:37 PM
Pun intended?

Ha didn't see that

Kleonidas
01-18-2015, 06:56 PM
They gave up Nikola for Bynum, they were scammed Remember on draft night? Sixers fans telling Magic fans, that Hinkie played Hennigan and forced the Magic to return the Sixer's draft pick from the Howard trade. Magic got a franchise PG and Philly is looking to trade theirs. Henkie<Hennigan by a mile.

SeoulBeatz
01-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Remember on draft night? Sixers fans telling Magic fans, that Hinkie played Hennigan and forced the Magic to return the Sixer's draft pick from the Howard trade. Magic got a franchise PG and Philly is looking to trade theirs. Henkie<Hennigan by a mile.

I mean... I'm a fan of Elfrid Payton but he has the same problems as MCW.

40% FG, 20%3pt, 53%FT.

He had a nice game last night which is probably why you're proclaiming him a franchise PG, but I'd like to see where he stands in a couple years.

Brock17
01-18-2015, 08:24 PM
The media in pills attacking embed because they don't like hinkie. How the **** does a player work ethic get challenge when he can't work because of his injured foot? Lol this makes no sense. Embed never had work ethic questions in college and now out of nowhere he has work ethic question while he's injured and can't work? Only a moron would entertain this BS

Brock17
01-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Freal though?

Looks nowhere near being fat smh.

Alayla
01-18-2015, 11:37 PM

Actually Philly has turned out to be a league average defense this year its the offense that sucks money balls.

Jamiecballer
01-19-2015, 12:42 AM
Two words - tank culture. Two more words - half serious.

raiderposting
01-19-2015, 04:20 AM
I love him on twitter

PurpleLynch
01-19-2015, 08:42 AM
Ahhh,give him time. His brother died few months ago,he's injured and he has 20. Plus,at his age getting in shape is very easy.

Do you remember this thread?

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?838806-James-Harden-out-of-shape

PhillyFaninLA
01-19-2015, 09:03 AM

He's 20.

This is what I'm thinking. When he is cleared to practice and workout fully we can start to judge then.

The Captain
01-19-2015, 10:06 AM
I love him on twitter

Me too. That's also why I'm surprised people are only now realizing he's just an immature kid. He's been openly broadcasting it for a while, at first he was funny but now I think he just tries too hard.

IBleedPurple
01-19-2015, 01:29 PM
He's been skipping team conditioning sessions, blew up at a strength and conditioning coach, and is over 300 lbs......not a good start to getting ready for next season. Hopefully he gets it righted soon to help his return.

Sandman
01-19-2015, 01:34 PM
hard to give a guy crap for conditioning when he is out from foot surgery

Burkey3472
01-19-2015, 02:07 PM
He's not the first nor the last player to gain some weight from being sidelined and not being able to play. Hell, within the last few years both Kobe and Derek Jeter have gained a decent amount of weight when they were rehabbing. The concern comes if he doesn't lose that weight once he gets back on the court.

Corey
01-19-2015, 04:26 PM
He's been skipping team conditioning sessions, blew up at a strength and conditioning coach, and is over 300 lbs......not a good start to getting ready for next season. Hopefully he gets it righted soon to help his return.

When he was at KU he was around 250 and GMs wanted him to bulk up.

He broke his foot and got to 300 instead of the ~275 that people wanted from him. Not really a big deal considering how he isn't even cleared for cardio.

The weight will fall off someone his size VERY quickly.

GiantsSwaGG
01-19-2015, 04:44 PM
Still not a good way to start your career.

JEDean89
01-19-2015, 09:42 PM
people are rebutting this and say he is currently 275 lbs. i like embiid and if you want any indication of what this kid can do, he is 7' 1" in shoes with a 7' 6" wingspan, and learned the game faster than all but a few bigmen can. still, i am completely against what philly is doing, i look at teams like the Jazz, Kings, Hornets who were bad so long and don't really have anything to show for it and think to myself that teams like the Blazers, Hawks and Pacers didn't need to tank to reach contending status and I think that's the preferable way to go. When was the last time the Hawks missed the playoffs? They found talent the right way and are ******** all over the league. Philly has now sucked god awfully for 2 years in a row and don't have much to show for it either than a ton of 2nd round picks and a few players with high upsides, but are nowhere near reaching them. If a player is ever going to be a top 5 player, we usually know within a few years if he has a chance. we'll see with Noel and MCW.

sixer04fan
01-19-2015, 11:22 PM
Were you completely against Cleveland when they got Lebron? OKC when they got Durant? Miami when they got Wade? San Antonio when they got Duncan? Boston when they sucked and were able to use the resulting assets to trade for KG and Allen? Orlando when they got Dwight? Washington when they got Wall?

Most of the best teams in the league, throughout the history of the league, got where they were thanks to having one or more opportunities at a number one overall pick, by sucking for one or more seasons.

Brock17
01-19-2015, 11:27 PM
The 76ers do not plan to suck and they won't after.this season because we will have 3-4 stud youngins and a ton of cap to put quality veterans around them. Noel=star, mcw=good point guard, embid=superstar best big man in the game potential, and hopefully we Draft Stanley Johnson who will be a stud aswell. That's not even counting the sarics, kj McDaniels, Covington and all the other talent we aquire with Miami #1 pick next year and our 5 second rounders.

This team will be contenders starting next year.

Brock17
01-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Were you completely against Cleveland when they got Lebron? OKC when they got Durant? Miami when they got Wade? San Antonio when they got Duncan? Boston when they sucked and were able to use the resulting assets to trade for KG and Allen? Orlando when they got Dwight? Washington when they got Wall?

Most of the best teams in the league, throughout the history of the league, got where they were thanks to having one or more opportunities at a number one overall pick, by sucking for one or more seasons.

People are going to be in for a rude awakening when the sixers are the 5th seed next year and then eastern conference finals contenders the following year.

Jamiecballer
01-20-2015, 12:17 AM
You must think the east in even worse than most to be that optimistic. Your team will need several years to get where you expect to be next year IMO.

sixer04fan
01-20-2015, 12:43 AM
You must think the east in even worse than most to be that optimistic. Your team will need several years to get where you expect to be next year IMO.

Agreed. As a fan of the rebuild plan, I think 3 years from now to become true playoff contenders is still the fastest track possible.

1) Next year - Embiid, a top 3 rookie, the Heat's pick, and hopefully Saric all come into the fold to play together with MCW (if he's not traded) and Noel for the first time. Along with other keeper role players like Covington and McDaniels. Still a lot of development and figuring out to do. Maybe close to 25+ wins.

2) Two years - Our young pieces have all played together for a year. And maybe Saric comes over then. 30-35 wins hopefully. We also start making moves in FA with our cap space of there is a good fit after the season.

3) Three years - Embiid and the upcoming top 3 pick will be in year 3. Noel will be in year 4. MCW year 5 if he's still around. Saric will be in year 2 probably. And all these pieces have played together for multiple years and with proper development, it could come together fast with all the upside. Especially if we add a vet in FA by then.

I'm realistic, but I'm optimistic. But there is no way we will be good as soon as next season. Who knows what will happen if we trade some pieces like MCW in the meantime, or what those trades will be like.

JEDean89
01-20-2015, 02:57 AM
Um 76ers are like 6-7 years away from being contenders. Right now they don't have a single guy that you can look at and say yes, this guy is gonna be here for a long time. I bet everyone is on the table for a trade. MCW and Noel are nothing special, Embiid will have to stay healthy (history of foot, knee and back injuries, ouch), and there are no guarantees in this draft either. What if Philly falls to the 3rd pick and takes Towns or Johnson, will either of those guys be real difference makers their first couple years? My point is that it's really hard to win through only the draft, unless they strike gold in the next two drafts, it will be at least 5 years until they are contenders and at least another 3 until they are in the playoffs.

Brock17
01-20-2015, 03:06 AM

Has nothing to do with the east and everything to do with Brett brown and the talent we will.have on the floor next year.

Brock17
01-20-2015, 03:09 AM
Your delusional if you think the sixers are 5 plus years away, and yes Johnson will be a impact player day one.

cxvnxgh
01-20-2015, 08:22 AM
The warning signs are there for him to be a total bust. With MCW reportedly being shopped and Noel having a relatively low ceiling, the rebuild in Philly might take longer than anticipated.http://financenot.com/image/images/40.gif
http://financenot.com/image/images/23.gif

PhillyFaninLA
01-20-2015, 08:39 AM
Um 76ers are like 6-7 years away from being contenders. Right now they don't have a single guy that you can look at and say yes, this guy is gonna be here for a long time. I bet everyone is on the table for a trade. MCW and Noel are nothing special, Embiid will have to stay healthy (history of foot, knee and back injuries, ouch), and there are no guarantees in this draft either. What if Philly falls to the 3rd pick and takes Towns or Johnson, will either of those guys be real difference makers their first couple years? My point is that it's really hard to win through only the draft, unless they strike gold in the next two drafts, it will be at least 5 years until they are contenders and at least another 3 until they are in the playoffs.

Maybe a Knicks fan shouldn't be talking trash right now...I've read multiple posts by you talking trash....maybe you should focus on your team and what they are at the moment rather than talking trash about a team doing things better than yours.

PhillyFaninLA
01-20-2015, 08:44 AM
The warning signs are there for him to be a total bust. With MCW reportedly being shopped and Noel having a relatively low ceiling, the rebuild in Philly might take longer than anticipated.http://financenot.com/image/images/40.gif
http://financenot.com/image/images/23.gif

Thing about that is, nobody knows for sure. If Noel is the shot blocker he is supposed to be and looking like he is, Embiid turns about to be real, I think Saric is the real deal and will be over next season, and we have some really nice bench players that are starting right now....we look like we are in ok shape....MCW being shopped rumors have come up since before the draft last year...my question is not has his name come up but who initiated it....I'm sure people called us to ask and that is what those rumors are about.

Miltstar
01-20-2015, 11:27 AM
It takes awhile to develop a winning culture, the talent may be there in the next couple years but they really lack scoring options right now. Even with Embiid they will still need some outside threats. They are in a lot better shape than some teams and the future looks bright but I think it will take longer than most Philly fans hope for and they still need to add a few pieces.

MCW is an intriguing player, but not sold on him being a winning player.

2-ONE-5
01-20-2015, 12:00 PM
People are going to be in for a rude awakening when the sixers are the 5th seed next year and then eastern conference finals contenders the following year.

woah no you need to chill. highly doubtful we make the playoffs next and even more doubtful we win a playoff game the following year let a lone make the ECF. Might wanna tone your expectations down like 10 notches, this isnt a short term rebuild here.

2-ONE-5
01-20-2015, 12:01 PM
It takes awhile to develop a winning culture, the talent may be there in the next couple years but they really lack scoring options right now. Even with Embiid they will still need some outside threats. They are in a lot better shape than some teams and the future looks bright but I think it will take longer than most Philly fans hope for and they still need to add a few pieces.

MCW is an intriguing player, but not sold on him being a winning player.

when MCW is at his best the rest of the team seems to be at theirs. Once he can finally become a 3rd or 4th scoring option he will become an all-star caliber player

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-20-2015, 12:06 PM
go to Philly where the team wants to build their franchise around you or go to the trainwreck of a city and franchise in Cleveland or go to the Bucks where you will be forgotten about

Who is forgotten in Milwaukee? One of the lamest posts I read today. Congrats!

2-ONE-5
01-20-2015, 01:00 PM
Who is forgotten in Milwaukee? One of the lamest posts I read today. Congrats!

im talking about while being injured and missing the season. Regardless Philly is a better destination, no offense

Brock17
01-20-2015, 01:42 PM
woah no you need to chill. highly doubtful we make the playoffs next and even more doubtful we win a playoff game the following year let a lone make the ECF. Might wanna tone your expectations down like 10 notches, this isnt a short term rebuild here.

I'm not toning anything down, I can see everything unfolding just right and with Brett brown leading the team were definitely going to the playoffs next year.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-20-2015, 02:48 PM
im talking about while being injured and missing the season. Regardless Philly is a better destination, no offense

Better destination for what exactly? Tanking? Philly pretty much is a D-league farming system till Embiid starts playing. Still a long way to go after Embiid starts playing and add much needed win now pieces which you sorely lack. MCW on the block. Noel is so so. Other kid not even playing with the team. Philly living in the past of DR J and Iverson. Rocky is done. Philly only has more population then Milwaukee for a market. That's all Philly has. Philly needs to move on with Reggie White winning a Super Bowl with Packers instead of Eagles. :cheers: 76ers been a dumpster fire since old man Iverson dealt to Denver. Then owner flat out says their tanking. Wait till lottery time comes around and you guys drop the maximum number slots downward. I'd take my Bucks core of Giannis and Parker and Knight over anything you put forward next 5 drafts of tanking. But then again no offense.

2-ONE-5
01-20-2015, 03:16 PM
lol did i touch a nerve? So much rambling in there that has nothing to do with anything i said, are you still mad the Sixers beat the Ray Allen Bucks in the playoffs or something? But ummm yea give me MCW/Noel/Embiid over Knight/Giannis/Parker any day.

2-ONE-5
01-20-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm not toning anything down, I can see everything unfolding just right and with Brett brown leading the team were definitely going to the playoffs next year.

you are out of your mind dude. Unless we sign an impact FA playoffs are likely not happening next year and you're on drugs if you believe the ECF is two years away

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-20-2015, 03:21 PM
lol did i touch a nerve? So much rambling in there that has nothing to do with anything i said, are you still mad the Sixers beat the Ray Allen Bucks in the playoffs or something? But ummm yea give me MCW/Noel/Embiid over Knight/Giannis/Parker any day.

Yeah Scott Williams was suspended only reason you guy barely beat us. Iverson didn't have a chance matching up with Lakers like Bucks would of.

SeoulBeatz
01-20-2015, 03:40 PM
Yeah Scott Williams was suspended only reason you guy barely beat us. Iverson didn't have a chance matching up with Lakers like Bucks would of.

Sorry, but no.

The Lakers only lost 1 game during that entire playoff run (game 1 of the finals).

I was a fan of that Bucks squad, but no one was going to beat a young Kobe and PRIME Shaq in a 7 game series. He would've eaten the Bucks frontcourt alive.

2-ONE-5
01-20-2015, 03:41 PM
yea ok. Series only went 7 bcuz AI had to miss a game and just the bucks would hav e been swept just like the rest of the teams the Lakers faced on their way til we got em for one. but whatever i know you are desperate for the Bucks to have more attention and i dont care about the 2001 playoffs right now in this thread. Gotta sting a little that our injured player gets more attention than your playoff team though

Jamiecballer
01-20-2015, 03:44 PM
Has nothing to do with the east and everything to do with Brett brown and the talent we will.have on the floor next year.

it's still beyond optimistic to think you are going to cobble together a top team from kids that quickly.

sixer04fan
01-20-2015, 04:23 PM
It just doesn't happen Brock. It took Lebron and KD 3 seasons each until they reached the playoffs for the first time. And those are two of the greatest players in this current generation.

It usually takes years of development and playing together for even the greatest players to figure it out and become playoff caliber.

If all goes right, in the most optimistic situation possible, next year would be the first season all these guys are playing together. Most of them being rookies/sophomores. And it's not like any of these guys are Lebron.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-20-2015, 04:54 PM
yea ok. Series only went 7 bcuz AI had to miss a game and just the bucks would hav e been swept just like the rest of the teams the Lakers faced on their way til we got em for one. but whatever i know you are desperate for the Bucks to have more attention and i dont care about the 2001 playoffs right now in this thread. Gotta sting a little that our injured player gets more attention than your playoff team though

More sting for news for a injured over weight Embiid? Well if he's not Hakeem then what's their to talk about? If injury lurks around his career he damn well could be the next Oden. All mocks had player comparisons of Embiid "next Hakeem". Also bad back and bad feet and 300 pounds not a good sign before he plays his first NBA game. Even if he shed's pounds. Still a huge risk. Just cause Embiid made it to the main NBA forum? Not much for news.

I don't post Bucks topics in main NBA board. Rather discuss it in the Bucks board. Not looking for attention. NBA board becomes mainly all bait threads and arguing any way. Like the arguing you started in the first place. I'd still take Giannis over MCW and Noel and your tanked pick any day of the week. Also Parker still more NBA ready then Embiid even if both were healthy. But best of luck of Embiid getting healthy. Wish him well and to see him pull off the "dream shake".

Tony_Starks
01-20-2015, 05:41 PM
Philly has a few years before they will be relevant, and that's being generous. Their young bucks would be good plug in guys on a legitimate team but collectively they're a D League squad.

The tank for years, stockpile picks, hope to add vets thing may sound good in theory but its not really practical, especially when you keep making questionable draft choices. Not to mention FA don't line up to come to your team when they know plan is blatantly to be a dumpster fire now and hope to better later

JEDean89
01-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Maybe a Knicks fan shouldn't be talking trash right now...I've read multiple posts by you talking trash....maybe you should focus on your team and what they are at the moment rather than talking trash about a team doing things better than yours.

i am a knicks and nuggets fan and am not too pleased with my knicks, but they are not tanking for the next 5 years like you guys are. i don't think tanking for a year is anywhere near as bad for the league as saying that we will take one of the biggest sports cities in the world out of being competitive for the next 5 yerars. i will continue to talk trash to philadelphia fans, i think they are causing a big problem in the league, and the funny thing is that they are doing it against all evidence of how to build a winning franchise. riddle me this, which ba franchise has ever won a title by employing the long term tank strategy? i'm waiting, the knicks are trying to do what the spurs did, tank for a 2nd superstar to pair with a team, and the knicks are gonna hard after every FA they can, think the 76ers willd o the same? ... even if you do get a superstar you will just be a farm for the big teams. i'm prophesizing a massive failure in Philly and one that results in the league restructuring the lotto so that it won't happen again. the okc are imo, the only team that has succesfully executed a multi year tank. in 4 years they got Jeff Green, Kevin Durant, Serge Ibaka, Russell Westbrook and James Harden. I do not believe that it is likely the 76ers will draft 3 MVP candidates 3 years in a row.

Brock17
01-20-2015, 07:37 PM
it's still beyond optimistic to think you are going to cobble together a top team from kids that quickly.

When one of those kids are embid it's going to be possible. The twin towers of noel and his defense and shot blocking and offense coming around combined with embid defense and blocked shots and flat out genius offensive attack it's going to be hard to tame the sixes next year even though they will be young. They can and will be a playoff team. Whose in the way? Atlanta? Toronto? The wizards are the only legit team in the east from here on out unless something changes drastically.

Brock17
01-20-2015, 07:40 PM
It just doesn't happen Brock. It took Lebron and KD 3 seasons each until they reached the playoffs for the first time. And those are two of the greatest players in this current generation.

It usually takes years of development and playing together for even the greatest players to figure it out and become playoff caliber.

If all goes right, in the most optimistic situation possible, next year would be the first season all these guys are playing together. Most of them being rookies/sophomores. And it's not like any of these guys are Lebron.

If KD and James had the talent of embid noel mcw McDaniels saric Covington and all the talent we will add next Draft and bringing in some quality veteran free agents then they would have made the playoffs sooner.

The sixes should be the 6-8 seed next year easy.

Jamiecballer
01-20-2015, 07:58 PM
When one of those kids are embid it's going to be possible. The twin towers of noel and his defense and shot blocking and offense coming around combined with embid defense and blocked shots and flat out genius offensive attack it's going to be hard to tame the sixes next year even though they will be young. They can and will be a playoff team. Whose in the way? Atlanta? Toronto? The wizards are the only legit team in the east from here on out unless something changes drastically.
Half the game with kids is the mental side. There are no shortcuts to these things. They could be a playoff team next year but I doubt they will be a top seed for 3 years if things pan out.

Brock17
01-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Never said they would be a top 3 send though.

2-ONE-5
01-20-2015, 08:22 PM
If KD and James had the talent of embid noel mcw McDaniels saric Covington and all the talent we will add next Draft and bringing in some quality veteran free agents then they would have made the playoffs sooner.

The sixes should be the 6-8 seed next year easy.

jesus dude give it up, please let it go

Brock17
01-20-2015, 08:39 PM
Hahahahahahahah

JEDean89
01-20-2015, 09:03 PM
IF the 76ers can draft an anthony davis, kevin durant type player who can come in and contribute in year 1 (there is no such player in this draft imo though I think Thon Maker is gonna be revolutionary in 2016), then they can if Noel picks up his developmental pace, embiid comes back 100% healthy and as a difference maker and MCW can learn to shoot. The 76ers are understanding the importance of shooting from the guard spots, MCW is good but imo, shooting is about to become everything in this league. PG's who can't shoot will be shown the door.

moshy2
01-20-2015, 09:32 PM
The Sixers need to trade some of this young talent for established players. It's going to take too long for all these guys to develop and learn to play with each other. By the time that happens, if it happens, contracts will be up and this core they're building will be broken up before they had a chance.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but just because you are injured doesn't mean that year comes off your contract. Noel and Embiid didn't red shirt a year, they had to essentially give it up. For 2 players that were very raw coming out, that doesn't help them that they have 1 less year for development. That's 1 less year the core can be together. Like I said, by the time they get everyone healthy and clicking, I think it's gonna be too late to make a serious run at a title. They need people who can help them start winning soon

Brock17
01-20-2015, 11:35 PM
The 76ers have enough cap to sign a big time free agent or two to pair with all the young talent we will have on the floor next year. No need to trade anybody now. It's some big time superstars set to hit the market coming up and we can max one out if we want.

Brock17
01-20-2015, 11:38 PM
IF the 76ers can draft an anthony davis, kevin durant type player who can come in and contribute in year 1 (there is no such player in this draft imo though I think Thon Maker is gonna be revolutionary in 2016), then they can if Noel picks up his developmental pace, embiid comes back 100% healthy and as a difference maker and MCW can learn to shoot. The 76ers are understanding the importance of shooting from the guard spots, MCW is good but imo, shooting is about to become everything in this league. PG's who can't shoot will be shown the door.

Guards like rondo are going nowhere. If you can get to the rim and score and post up like mcw can he will score just fine. He's had big time scoring games before. Just last week he dropped 29. His shot isn't broken it's just inconsistent.

sixer04fan
01-21-2015, 01:45 AM
The 76ers have enough cap to sign a big time free agent or two to pair with all the young talent we will have on the floor next year. No need to trade anybody now. It's some big time superstars set to hit the market coming up and we can max one out if we want.

Like who? Which superstars coming up are we gonna sign that will want to play with a bunch of rookies/sophomores? Durant? LOL. He's not even gonna pick up the phone from us in 2016.

Lots of teams can make room to offer max contracts. Team with veterans, teams that are near contention or who are already contenders. Teams that have other superstars. Not to mention when the salary cap increases with the new TV deal, every team will have more cap space.

Please name some realistic options you're thinking of. It's gonna take time. No superstar is gonna come to Philly soon. Maybe we can sign a good player on the rise of there is a good fit. But those players rarely hit FA before being extended by their current teams.