PDA

View Full Version : Anybody buying explanation for why Waiters had his locker moved

Jamiecballer
01-17-2015, 02:16 PM
Is anybody buying this? Supposedly Durant and Westbrook requested Waiters locker be moved closer to theirs "to make him feel more part of the team".

Just based on the history of the 2 guys - Jackson, a good player who is itching to get more opportunity, and Waiters, a piece of **** player who believes he isn't a piece of ****, i get more of a "don't let that spoiled piece of fish contaminate that partially spoiled piece of fish" vibe. Anybody else?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/16/kevin-durant-requests-that-dion-waiters-locker-be-moved-closer-to-his-and-russell-westbrooks/

bleedprple&gold
01-17-2015, 02:22 PM
I buy it. They probably really did want him closer and moving farther away from Jackson's locker was just an added bonus lol.

Jamiecballer
01-17-2015, 02:38 PM
I buy it. They probably really did want him closer and moving farther away from Jackson's locker was just an added bonus lol.

yeah, it's definitely possible but i have my doubts.

FraziersKnicks
01-17-2015, 03:00 PM
What's wrong with the guys who he was next to before? Are they not part of the team?

Do KD and Westy just think they are the team? Seems like a bit of a diss to the other guys on the team.

Jamiecballer
01-17-2015, 03:13 PM
What's wrong with the guys who he was next to before? Are they not part of the team?

Do KD and Westy just think they are the team? Seems like a bit of a diss to the other guys on the team.

nah i think they want waiters away from someone who could be influenced

FraziersKnicks
01-17-2015, 03:17 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Calderon and a 2nd for Jackson :)

JasonJohnHorn
01-17-2015, 03:19 PM
Players get trade; lockers get moved. Doesn't this happen all the time?

I dunno... they don't even play the same position. I realize they are both guards, but isn't Westy eating Jackson's minutes more? And given Westy's size, he can play both guard positions, as can Jackson. With almost a 100 minutes at the two guard positions a game, I don't see why you can make a rotation that get West starting minutes and the other tow 28+ minutes a game.

I'm an outsider here, so maybe OKC fans will have better input.

Jamiecballer
01-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Players get trade; lockers get moved. Doesn't this happen all the time?

I dunno... they don't even play the same position. I realize they are both guards, but isn't Westy eating Jackson's minutes more? And given Westy's size, he can play both guard positions, as can Jackson. With almost a 100 minutes at the two guard positions a game, I don't see why you can make a rotation that get West starting minutes and the other tow 28+ minutes a game.

I'm an outsider here, so maybe OKC fans will have better input.

don't try and turn this into a basketball conversation, you! :)

kobe4thewinbang
01-17-2015, 04:01 PM
I think this is leading up to R. Jackson finding his own team so he can get the ball more. I still think either Westbrook and Durante must figure out a new gameplan instead of this 'my turn, your turn, repeat' tug of war or one has to go, and Durante might just leave. That aside, no time for Waiters and Jackson starting another mini-war.

tredigs
01-17-2015, 04:28 PM
Is anybody buying this? Supposedly Durant and Westbrook requested Waiters locker be moved closer to theirs "to make him feel more part of the team".

Just based on the history of the 2 guys - Jackson, a good player who is itching to get more opportunity, and Waiters, a piece of **** player who believes he isn't a piece of ****, i get more of a "don't let that spoiled piece of fish contaminate that partially spoiled piece of fish" vibe. Anybody else?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/16/kevin-durant-requests-that-dion-waiters-locker-be-moved-closer-to-his-and-russell-westbrooks/

Are you not aware of the ongoing cancerous situation involving Reggie Jackson? He's going to be traded and soon.

Jamiecballer
01-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Nope.

PurpleLynch
01-17-2015, 07:06 PM
Jackson is getting traded,that's the explanation. He needs a change of scenery anyway.

Sadds The Gr8
01-18-2015, 02:06 AM
Nope.
He's apparently chucking shots like no tomorrow and the team is pissed. ibaka and Perkins froze him out earlier this year and Durant got pissed recently for him taking a god awful shot

sixer04fan
01-18-2015, 03:04 AM
He's apparently chucking shots like no tomorrow and the team is pissed. ibaka and Perkins froze him out earlier this year and Durant got pissed recently for him taking a god awful shot

So the FO's brilliant solution to this problem was to trade for Dion Waiters?

SPURSFAN1
01-18-2015, 03:51 AM
So the FO's brilliant solution to this problem was to trade for Dion Waiters?

:laugh2:

Brock17
01-18-2015, 04:55 AM
Reggae Jackson is a starting combo guard on a lot of other teams. I'm sure he is about to get traded so he can get the minutes and shine he's looking for. I would take him here in pills to play along side mcw and he'd get big time minutes.

Goose17
01-18-2015, 08:49 AM
I'm calling it now, if he doesn't get traded he goes to N.Y in the offseason. Him and Fisher were/are tight and that's a bright light for him to shine under, he reminds me of Chalmers with Lebron and Wade, thinks he's the alpha and is seeking the spotlight despite the fact the two guys he's attempting to take the spot light from are far superior.

IKnowHoops
01-18-2015, 02:34 PM
I'm calling it now, if he doesn't get traded he goes to N.Y in the offseason. Him and Fisher were/are tight and that's a bright light for him to shine under, he reminds me of Chalmers with Lebron and Wade, thinks he's the alpha and is seeking the spotlight despite the fact the two guys he's attempting to take the spot light from are far superior.

Don't disrespect Reggie by calling him Chalmers. LOL

Goose17
01-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Don't disrespect Reggie by calling him Chalmers. LOL

lol not comparing their games at all, just the situation. They think they're an alpha, they have that mindset. But they play like a Beta... or worse. lol.