PDA

View Full Version : Julius Randle

GREATNESS ONE
01-16-2015, 10:20 PM
Let's just discuss J-Rock. How would JR do if on the Lakers this season? Avg PPG/REB? Win loss difference? Mr. Handles Juilus Randle, what does his future hold as a Los Angeles Laker? Any other funny fact or comment on our T-Rex or a new nick name like Bulldawg or PugFace..?

If you hope for one thing from Julius what would it be?

Next year I expect, 15ppg 11reb outta our youngster, hopefully growing with another top 5 young piece.

eso
01-16-2015, 10:28 PM
15 and 11 would be great, my hope for him is that he suprises us all and is a great low post defender.

GREATNESS ONE
01-16-2015, 10:32 PM
Dang, could you imagine if he was a tenacious low post defender? I mean, we all saw his college game but how it translates to the NBA is a HUGE difference. I think, this year off was a tremendous thing for a young Julius Randle, he will have grown a lot from this experience as a young student of the game.

eso
01-16-2015, 10:40 PM
I acrually didnt see him in college, was he a good Defender at that level? Also would like to see him with hismbig asre to the basket a little more. Does his 2mins of play this year mean he is not classified as a rook next year?

markm777
01-17-2015, 12:25 AM
I acrually didnt see him in college, was he a good Defender at that level? Also would like to see him with hismbig asre to the basket a little more. Does his 2mins of play this year mean he is not classified as a rook next year?

I would say in terms of college level he was a good defender..Needs a little low post def work IMO... Also in college usually the more athletic players are better defenders(so when coaches give them technique they elevate their defense) So he will need work but I would not say hes below avg, just needs work.

About rookie status, I believe he will still be a rookie next year (please someone correct if I wrong). Isnt it the same thing that happen to Blake Griffin?

Iron24th
01-17-2015, 12:50 AM
Coming from one major injury and two surgeries, I will not be too hard on the kid, if he can post numbers like 10pts/7rbs, it would already be a step in the right direction.

Hangin n Wangin
01-17-2015, 06:59 AM
There is no way he puts up 15/11 next year. He probably wouldn't have even been that much of a factor this year. Scott hates rookies.

bleedprple&gold
01-17-2015, 07:01 AM
I would say in terms of college level he was a good defender..Needs a little low post def work IMO... Also in college usually the more athletic players are better defenders(so when coaches give them technique they elevate their defense) So he will need work but I would not say hes below avg, just needs work.

About rookie status, I believe he will still be a rookie next year (please someone correct if I wrong). Isnt it the same thing that happen to Blake Griffin?

I don't think Randle will be classified as a rookie next year because he played in a regular season game. Blake only played in the pre-season.

Big Moves03
01-17-2015, 01:51 PM
He's probably one of the most all-around athletic power forwards in the league and has incredible handles and body control for that position. He's kind of a bigger charles barkely, not as far as skills, but body type and athleticism. I doubt there are any pf that can guard him off the dribble on the perimeter and those that can, cannot guard him down low on the block. However, he's not a very good shooter and still needs a lot of development as far as skills and learning how to play the right way. It's hard to tell how good Randle will become, he has the physical tools to become a superstar, but it wouldn't be that surprising if he was to be a bust. If he works really hard and can stay healthy he will be a perennial all star caliber player, otherwise he might be an average to slightly above average player.

still1ballin
01-17-2015, 02:25 PM
I like his lips

Crunch Time
01-17-2015, 03:16 PM
the lakers will probably trade him

RoyalG333
01-17-2015, 03:43 PM
Tarrick Black or Julius Randle?

I'd say they can play alongside each other. Both are tenacious rebounders, but Julius has better handles and is the better scorer. With the new NBA, I can see them working together, especially if we get a really solid perimeter guy.

As for hypothetical, I think we would have 5 more wins with Julius, which isn't much (they would be 17-24 currently)

I think he would be averaging about 10-8 off the bench, which would be solid. But he would have nights where he breaks the 20-10 barrier on occasion. Hope the kid get's better. But I like that we are starting to look younger.

Ty22Mitchell
01-17-2015, 03:46 PM
There is no way he puts up 15/11 next year. He probably wouldn't have even been that much of a factor this year. Scott hates rookies.

I hope Scott lets him play next year. Sitting rookies at this point is only lengthing the rebuild.

Lakers4Dynasty
01-17-2015, 09:25 PM
i hope Julius becomes a 20PPG 10 RPG type guy. i can see that but not for a couple years not next... he didn't even play yet

GREATNESS ONE
01-17-2015, 10:18 PM
The kid seems bright, he seems to have a very good head on his shoulders. Even said himself, that he is student of the game. Maybe eventually he will develop into an all-star but I do think he will turn some heads next year. I could realistically see him racking up 15 & 11 next year, even if it is a little far-fetched.

Big Moves03
01-17-2015, 11:50 PM
The kid seems bright, he seems to have a very good head on his shoulders. Even said himself, that he is student of the game. Maybe eventually he will develop into an all-star but I do think he will turn some heads next year. I could realistically see him racking up 15 & 11 next year, even if it is a little far-fetched.

It depends on how healthy he returns and whether he can improve on his skill set. Just developing a good mid-range jumper would be a huge asset to his game because of his athleticism and ball handling ability. A good mid-range jumper would make him incredibly tough to guard.

Lakers + Giants
01-18-2015, 02:05 AM
I'll take 11 and 6, doubt he'll do that tho.

midwestlaker75
01-18-2015, 03:02 AM
Hopefully he stays healthy and just play well.

Mave1002
01-21-2015, 03:01 AM
the lakers will probably trade him

Seeing that the Pelicans will be going nowhere anytime soon and also given that Anthony Davis will never resign as a Pelican in the future, the Lakers should join the race for AD.

Top 3 pick + Julius Randle for Anthony Davis

He's meant for greatness. Make it happen.

mufridaz
01-21-2015, 05:33 AM
http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2015/01/20/assessing-the-lakers-trade-assets/

check out this article...

basically think the majority of the 5 people that actually post on this site want the same thing tank this year to keep our pick, trade anything of value ie older vets for young player/future picks.

this article discusses j.hill, ed davis, and j.lin and why moving them has been so difficult

1. j.hill makes 9 mil this year with player option next year meaning either we have to sign him for 9 mil next year now in order to trade him or trade him to an organization he wants to go to ie get his permission.

the first year as a starter consistently not sure how many teams have 10 mil to throw around for a backup big and knowing he will enter free agency at end of this year they might loose him for nothing thus wasting a potential first round draft pick.

2. j.lin makes what like 8 mil on the salary cap but his real salary is 15 million. with pg highest position in the league there are few teams willing to cough up that kind of doe for a backup point guard. we all know he's no starter.

3. ed davis yes he's worth 5-7 mil easy at will probally get a full MLE next year and probally a 4 year 20 mil contract. he has player option next year which he will opt out of and cash in. he makes the vet min so trading him is hard b/c other players that make vet min are not nearly as good. again why would a team send a 1st rounder for a guy that will opt out next year and enter free agency and risk loosing him for nothing.

So even though we do have assets these are some possible reasons why a move has not been made yet with these players.

as for j.randle we need to keep our top 5 pick to have someone young to grow up with him and be maybe the next all time laker greats

deadman8586
01-21-2015, 11:39 AM
Seeing that the Pelicans will be going nowhere anytime soon and also given that Anthony Davis will never resign as a Pelican in the future, the Lakers should join the race for AD.

There is no way this happens because teams don't want to deal with us no more and the Pelicans will most likely sign him to a long term deal.

angelsfan1984
01-21-2015, 12:23 PM
I think he will get plenty of play next year...I'm thinking about 15/8.

handle
01-21-2015, 08:36 PM

NO wouldn't take Randle and 3 #1 picks for Davis.

Mave1002
01-21-2015, 09:34 PM

If theyre thinking right, they WOULD. 2017 guarantees that Anthony Davis WILL WALK.

handle
01-22-2015, 10:49 AM
If theyre thinking right, they WOULD. 2017 guarantees that Anthony Davis WILL WALK.

There are no guarantees.... If you have a player like Davis, you don't panic based on what ifs, you only trade him if he tells you straight up that he is leaving.

bleedprple&gold
01-22-2015, 12:20 PM

Wow I didn't know that you could predict what Anthony Davis is going to do...You must be a multi - millionaire using that incredible foresight to make a lot of money in the stock market.

Vinylman
01-22-2015, 02:48 PM

why will he walk?

Has he said he will walk?

Unless someone absolutely hates the team they are playing for or can get more money elsewhere there is no reason to leave the incumbent because they can ALWAYS pay....

Davis will be max/maxed the day he is eligible for an extension

big70tom
01-23-2015, 09:45 PM
There is no way this happens because teams don't want to deal with us no more and the Pelicans will most likely sign him to a long term deal.
Davis agents have been telling him since day 1, we're leaving when we can. Do you realize how much more hell make playing in LA, Boston, Dallas, any of the big guys?

I have seen so many highlights of Laker games this year on Sports center, and we suck. Haven't seen much of Davis or the Pelicans.

Dark horse for him? Minnesota. They aren't a big market, but Damn they could be loaded, real quick.

bleedprple&gold
01-24-2015, 11:25 PM
Davis agents have been telling him since day 1, we're leaving when we can. Do you realize how much more hell make playing in LA, Boston, Dallas, any of the big guys?

I have seen so many highlights of Laker games this year on Sports center, and we suck. Haven't seen much of Davis or the Pelicans.

Dark horse for him? Minnesota. They aren't a big market, but Damn they could be loaded, real quick.

So you say he's going to leave for a big market to make more money and then you close by saying he might go to Minnesota? Sorry but that doesn't make any sense.

big70tom
02-12-2015, 10:42 AM
No I said that's where the money is, big market, BUT if he did happen to not care about that, the 2% chance he just wants to play and win, Minnesota would be a MUCH more appealing option the the Pelicans.

big70tom
02-12-2015, 10:44 AM
why will he walk?

Has he said he will walk?

Unless someone absolutely hates the team they are playing for or can get more money elsewhere there is no reason to leave the incumbent because they can ALWAYS pay....

Davis will be max/maxed the day he is eligible for an extension
And no they can not always pay. Aside from base salary, Endorsements, movie deals, and options for there post NBA career are much greater in LA, NY, BOS, ETC

Vinylman
02-12-2015, 03:34 PM
And no they can not always pay. Aside from base salary, Endorsements, movie deals, and options for there post NBA career are much greater in LA, NY, BOS, ETC

Wrong.... if you think NO won't offer him the absolute maximum on the stroke of midnight on the first day he is eligible for an extension then you need psychiatric help.

As far as endorsements, etc... mid tier stars can make more in those markets than NO but it is irrelevant when it comes to a superstar like Davis...

Davis will REUP day 1 in NO because he has been injured quite a bit and won't want to risk that first big payday.

New Power House
02-12-2015, 10:37 PM
http://www.forumblueandgold.com/2015/01/20/assessing-the-lakers-trade-assets/

check out this article...

basically think the majority of the 5 people that actually post on this site want the same thing tank this year to keep our pick, trade anything of value ie older vets for young player/future picks.

this article discusses j.hill, ed davis, and j.lin and why moving them has been so difficult

1. j.hill makes 9 mil this year with player option next year meaning either we have to sign him for 9 mil next year now in order to trade him or trade him to an organization he wants to go to ie get his permission.

the first year as a starter consistently not sure how many teams have 10 mil to throw around for a backup big and knowing he will enter free agency at end of this year they might loose him for nothing thus wasting a potential first round draft pick.

2. j.lin makes what like 8 mil on the salary cap but his real salary is 15 million. with pg highest position in the league there are few teams willing to cough up that kind of doe for a backup point guard. we all know he's no starter.

3. ed davis yes he's worth 5-7 mil easy at will probally get a full MLE next year and probally a 4 year 20 mil contract. he has player option next year which he will opt out of and cash in. he makes the vet min so trading him is hard b/c other players that make vet min are not nearly as good. again why would a team send a 1st rounder for a guy that will opt out next year and enter free agency and risk loosing him for nothing.

So even though we do have assets these are some possible reasons why a move has not been made yet with these players.

as for j.randle we need to keep our top 5 pick to have someone young to grow up with him and be maybe the next all time laker greats

Hill next season is TO. Means that the Lakers could send him away emptyahnded. Is only htis season that he can say no to a trade,but if a team really wants him then Lakers could threat him and warn him about next season team's option. Lin is a useful bench player witha fat cap room contract for a team trying to clear space next season. They can offer a first for the cap room ticket. Davis's replacement is Black. Davis is gone unless he can work out a cheaper deal with us for a year. Particularlly if Hill is traded. Also they might find a taker for Nick by just trading player for player. Swaggy is a piece of s!

GREATNESS ONE
02-13-2015, 03:09 AM
Man oh man, I hoop this kid works on his 15-17ft jump shot. He would look good taking PF off the dribble and poppin J's in their face all day.

Hopefully defensively, he will be a great lateral side to side defender. Develop some strength and grow strong enough to carry our 4 spot.

Laker Legend42
02-14-2015, 01:23 AM
I'm still not sure the lakers are sold on a 6ft 8 or 9 power forward with short arms and if the lakers expects anyone to believe that surveillance footage of Randall schooling mark madsen was the deciding factor on wether or not to draft him they are crazy. I think the lakers had every intension to showcase him and then trade him. I do think they drafted the best available player. Other guys were more athletically gifted but Randall overall is better.

GREATNESS ONE
02-14-2015, 01:44 AM
The T-Rex!!!!!!

jerellh528
02-14-2015, 01:46 AM
I'm still not sure the lakers are sold on a 6ft 8 or 9 power forward with short arms and if the lakers expects anyone to believe that surveillance footage of Randall schooling mark madsen was the deciding factor on wether or not to draft him they are crazy. I think the lakers had every intension to showcase him and then trade him. I do think they drafted the best available player. Other guys were more athletically gifted but Randall overall is better.

What is your reasoning for this? He has shortish arms? Why would they trade one of the perceived top players in the draft who is only like 19 years old?

Laker Legend42
02-14-2015, 02:05 AM
What is your reasoning for this? He has shortish arms? Why would they trade one of the perceived top players in the draft who is only like 19 years old?

The lakers bring in Carlos boozer (proven vet) Ed Davis ( vet with some experience but still a lot to prove) and they resign Jordan hill. There is no way you bring these guys in to sit them. Same issue for Jordan clarkson. Not saying they had designs on trading him but there was far too much veteran experience in front of him to get any run. Say whatever about Carlos boozer but the lakers have wanted this dude for a long time. If anyone remembers there was a supposed deal for boozer when he was in Utah. The idiot jack Haley just had to be the one to break the story and announced it after a lakers game and said his "sources" told him the deal was going down the next day. The deal didn't happen and he was never heard from again. i said all of that to say the lakers wanted him and there was no way he wasn't gonna play. Of course in the case of Ed Davis the one thing he never had was playing time. What do you think the lakers promised him?

jerellh528
02-14-2015, 04:33 AM
The lakers bring in Carlos boozer (proven vet) Ed Davis ( vet with some experience but still a lot to prove) and they resign Jordan hill. There is no way you bring these guys in to sit them. Same issue for Jordan clarkson. Not saying they had designs on trading him but there was far too much veteran experience in front of him to get any run. Say whatever about Carlos boozer but the lakers have wanted this dude for a long time. If anyone remembers there was a supposed deal for boozer when he was in Utah. The idiot jack Haley just had to be the one to break the story and announced it after a lakers game and said his "sources" told him the deal was going down the next day. The deal didn't happen and he was never heard from again. i said all of that to say the lakers wanted him and there was no way he wasn't gonna play. Of course in the case of Ed Davis the one thing he never had was playing time. What do you think the lakers promised him?

I don't know, I think they were here for depth and the reluctance of our franchise, and Scott, who has a history of not liking to give rookies major minutes. I'd be hard pressed to belive the lakers saw boozer or davis as the answer over a guy like randle. I thought they would ease him into a role/ develop him. But due to the **** storm that happened this season, Scott is forced to play our young guys to see what they have for next year. Mostly talking clarkson and black. Also I'm not coming up with any trade scenarios that make a ton of sense, trade randle a potential franchise cornerstone for who or what? It's not like we were realistically competing this year anyways and if we traded him for a draft pick, the best thing we coulda got back might not even be as good as randle in the first place. You coulda been right though because honestly I have no clue what our front office is up to this year, I can only hope they're trying to pull off some things that would make us appealing for durant in the future.

Laker Legend42
02-14-2015, 08:27 AM
I don't know, I think they were here for depth and the reluctance of our franchise, and Scott, who has a history of not liking to give rookies major minutes. I'd be hard pressed to belive the lakers saw boozer or davis as the answer over a guy like randle. I thought they would ease him into a role/ develop him. But due to the **** storm that happened this season, Scott is forced to play our young guys to see what they have for next year. Mostly talking clarkson and black. Also I'm not coming up with any trade scenarios that make a ton of sense, trade randle a potential franchise cornerstone for who or what? It's not like we were realistically competing this year anyways and if we traded him for a draft pick, the best thing we coulda got back might not even be as good as randle in the first place. You coulda been right though because honestly I have no clue what our front office is up to this year, I can only hope they're trying to pull off some things that would make us appealing for durant in the future.remember when the season started ,this team spoke of competing. Kobe was "healthy and ready to go". This team wasn't built to give a rook a lot of opportunity.

big70tom
02-14-2015, 11:40 AM
Wrong.... if you think NO won't offer him the absolute maximum on the stroke of midnight on the first day he is eligible for an extension then you need psychiatric help.

As far as endorsements, etc... mid tier stars can make more in those markets than NO but it is irrelevant when it comes to a superstar like Davis...

Davis will REUP day 1 in NO because he has been injured quite a bit and won't want to risk that first big payday.
Wow, your stupid. Good luck with that. Davis Isn't going back. He's not as big of a star as he could be because of NO

deadman8586
02-14-2015, 11:56 AM
Wow, your stupid. Good luck with that. Davis Isn't going back. He's not as big of a star as he could be because of NO

Yeah, but NO will sign him anyways just to keep him away from the Lakers just like every other big free agent.

Vinylman
02-14-2015, 01:56 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

book marked for future ridicule

McAllen Tx
02-14-2015, 10:33 PM
In the playoffs the only PF I would take instead of Zach Randolph is Tim Duncan.

IMO Randle if plays up to hype and potential he could be just ad good or better then Randolph.

That should say how I feel about him.

Wait I would take Davis also before Randolph.

Leather Balls
02-15-2015, 05:04 AM
Just like we are finding out about the whole 2014 NBA draft class, Randle is nothing spacial. Like I said months ago, if he gets to be as good as Millsap, consider it a victory. This should have been your first clue: at training camp the press and Lakers coaches were asked, "who has impressed you the most", Randle's name never came up. He is good, but he is not special. I don't understand why people call him athletic. It seems to me he doesn't jump that high. Randle has good dribbling skills, but a lot of what people confuse as athleticism, is simply youth. He has a very unorthodox release, usually very well below the rim, easily blocked by actually athletic bigs.

He is a clear example of why tanking, drafting, and youth is not the way to go.

bleedprple&gold
02-15-2015, 05:15 AM
Just like we are finding out about the whole 2014 NBA draft class, Randle is nothing spacial. Like I said months ago, if he gets to be as good as Millsap, consider it a victory. This should have been your first clue: at training camp the press and Lakers coaches were asked, "who has impressed you the most", Randle's name never came up. He is good, but he is not special. I don't understand why people call him athletic. It seems to me he doesn't jump that high. Randle has good dribbling skills, but a lot of what people confuse as athleticism, is simply youth. He has a very unorthodox release, usually very well below the rim, easily blocked by actually athletic bigs.

Teams tank for a shot at the big superstars like Lebron, Durant, or even Wiggins. You generally don't get a guy like that with the 7th pick so using Randle as an example of why tanking doesnt work really isn't a good example.

deadman8586
02-15-2015, 12:02 PM

Correction it's one third the way to go the other two thirds are trades and free agency which when we are done with tanking and getting our draft pick back then we will focus on the other stuff.

New Power House
02-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Teams tank for a shot at the big superstars like Lebron, Durant, or even Wiggins. You generally don't get a guy like that with the 7th pick so using Randle as an example of why tanking doesnt work really isn't a good example.

lakers are tanking because they want to keep their pick and they need to grab one or two decent prospects to develop. The mafia might take steal our pick because that is how things are now in the NBA,but the changes are greater that we keeping our pick. My opinion is that Randle is going to be better than Millsap and perhaps as good as Randolph. He is more agile and mobile than him already.He got hurt,but he was starting to roll. He felt on our hands by the needs of other teams, but the guy has game. Lakers quietly waited for him.

Leather Balls
02-18-2015, 08:35 AM

Yeah, they tank for those guys and then end up with Randle. My example is perfect.

Jtirado16
02-18-2015, 01:55 PM
I expect him to be Blake Griffen. Not right away but he's going to be a stud

big70tom
04-13-2015, 11:42 PM
He's got a better skillet and higher ceiling than Griffin. Randle can be elite. The most impressive thing is he is attending kobe U. Kid is mimicking kobe work ethic, and pwrperation.

Vinylman
04-14-2015, 08:42 AM
He's got a better skillet and higher ceiling than Griffin. Randle can be elite. The most impressive thing is he is attending kobe U. Kid is mimicking kobe work ethic, and pwrperation.

:speechless:

angelsfan1984
04-14-2015, 11:04 AM

:clap:

ldawg
04-14-2015, 12:27 PM
I dont know about Randle just yet. I am not sure if he should start next season. Fragile maybe? If Lakers have any ??? on his health they should move him on draft night. Dont want another Bynum situation all over again.

deadman8586
04-14-2015, 12:57 PM
I dont know about Randle just yet. I am not sure if he should start next season. Fragile maybe? If Lakers have any ??? on his health they should move him on draft night. Dont want another Bynum situation all over again.

And that is why one or two of Boozer, Hill, and Davis might be coming back next year.

royal bob
04-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Randle may not have developed physically this season, but he did mentally. He has been courtside charting every play and shot, and has watched tons of game film. Every player in the league has some degree of physical gift...he is going the extra mile to up his basketball IQ.

And thats admirable.

clifborder4fm
04-14-2015, 09:50 PM
http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-julius-randle-says-kobe-bryant-checked-on-him-everyday/2015/04/14/

This article got me pumped for the future. Glad Kobe is helping so much with the youngsters. Hope Clarkson, JR, and our next draft pick have a long successful career together.

Mave1002
04-16-2015, 10:32 PM
Get Philly on the phone. Randle + HOU pick for Joel Embiid. Come on now.

New Power House
04-16-2015, 10:41 PM
Get Philly on the phone. Randle + HOU pick for Joel Embiid. Come on now.

our pick this year for him and we give them Nick Young and his swaggy style too!

WiseCounsel
04-16-2015, 11:37 PM

Sorry, but there is no way Davis will not sign the extension the Pelicans will offer him, It will be his first Big contract and he will not risk playing a year without a guaranteed contract in order to sign somewhere else. This guy is injury prone already and there is no way he will take that chance... so get that out of your mind... Im a Laker fan but a realistic one. He is not stupid... He will sign the extension like they all do on that first big contract... Labron, KLove, etc. May have preferred to play somewhere else but they were not stupid enough to risk an injury and loosing 100 million dollars or more.... He may ask for a trade after he signs but thats about it. Lets keep it real here.

big70tom
04-16-2015, 11:45 PM
I am not afraid to admit I did not fully understand the process. The way you just explained it, with having to take a risk, I agree, he wont.

But I also know that the salary cap is supposed to be exploding in a couple of years, and analysts project some players may sign shorter extensions in order to get max value in 2017

Mave1002
04-17-2015, 01:11 AM
Sorry, but there is no way Davis will not sign the extension the Pelicans will offer him, It will be his first Big contract and he will not risk playing a year without a guaranteed contract in order to sign somewhere else. This guy is injury prone already and there is no way he will take that chance... so get that out of your mind... Im a Laker fan but a realistic one. He is not stupid... He will sign the extension like they all do on that first big contract... Labron, KLove, etc. May have preferred to play somewhere else but they were not stupid enough to risk an injury and loosing 100 million dollars or more.... He may ask for a trade after he signs but thats about it. Lets keep it real here.

Yep. Though do you actually think that NBA players are making money off their contracts? That's one way to do it, of course. But the unimaginable endorsements that he could, and he will be getting playing for big market teams are the real deal. Not to mention the added perks of winning.

You could be the Lamarcus ALdridge of Portland or you could be LA Shaquille O'Neal.

Laker Legend42
04-18-2015, 11:49 PM
I expect him to be Blake Griffen. Not right away but he's going to be a stud

Nowhere near the athlete Blake griffin is.

LakersIn5
04-19-2015, 12:58 PM
Well just think of it this way. Clarkson averaged close to 12 5 5 in this crappy team and he is a god damn 2nd rounder. So what more had randle stayed healthy, i see him stat stuffing 16 and 7 had he played this season. I like clarkson since he is a fellow filipino and a feel good story but he is being overated. He is only getting his stats because this team sucks just like why blue, brown, black and any other ****ing color the lakers got from dleague are putting up decent numbers. Truth be told those guys wont make the rotation on a championship contender

New Power House
04-19-2015, 03:30 PM
Well just think of it this way. Clarkson averaged close to 12 5 5 in this crappy team and he is a god damn 2nd rounder. So what more had randle stayed healthy, i see him stat stuffing 16 and 7 had he played this season. I like clarkson since he is a fellow filipino and a feel good story but he is being overated. He is only getting his stats because this team sucks just like why blue, brown, black and any other ****ing color the lakers got from dleague are putting up decent numbers. Truth be told those guys wont make the rotation on a championship contender

Wiggins played in a worst team too. Are his stats inflated too? Clarkson showed the world that he is THE biggest sleeper in the last draft! He is just going to continue to improve. No fluke with this guy. Brown is a decent back up pg at this point ,but he potentially could become a very good roll player. The other two guards are going to stay around to show if they could get a piece of the pay. Young on the other hand is a huge disappointment,becuase everybody expected more from him for years and he is just a chucker! We had a pair of jewels in the last draft,no joke!

New Power House
04-19-2015, 03:33 PM
Nowhere near the athlete Blake griffin is.

But Randle is a better ball handler and plays better away from the basket. Also, Randle has not yet played a quarter in the NBA. So let him roll and then in two years max,we could jugde his game more accurately.

New Power House
04-19-2015, 03:37 PM
I am not afraid to admit I did not fully understand the process. The way you just explained it, with having to take a risk, I agree, he wont.

But I also know that the salary cap is supposed to be exploding in a couple of years, and analysts project some players may sign shorter extensions in order to get max value in 2017

And the LAkers is a team that will have tons of cash to offer along with combination of some good vets and a very hungry young core. Sunny Cali! The TV companies are hungry to see the LAkers back. They see that even in a bad bad season the LAkers still more watched and seel more than any team. They will press the NBA managment to grant them a great pick and the cash to move fast back into contention. Again, sorry for the haters,because we will be back sooner than they wanted us to be. Cuban and friends are you listening?

big70tom
04-19-2015, 03:47 PM
Randle is a scorer. Griffen is a pure brute. Randle is like Barkley ( like, not as good, relax) and Griffen is a Shawn Kemp. Those are the best comparisons I could muster. I think the Kemp Griffen is dead on, Randle Barkley could be a stretch, I don't see Randle as a round mound of rebound, but offensively his game is,similar

New Power House
04-19-2015, 05:23 PM
Randle is a scorer. Griffen is a pure brute. Randle is like Barkley ( like, not as good, relax) and Griffen is a Shawn Kemp. Those are the best comparisons I could muster. I think the Kemp Griffen is dead on, Randle Barkley could be a stretch, I don't see Randle as a round mound of rebound, but offensively his game is,similar

On Griffin's defense,he has gradually become a more consisitent shooter, but still Randle can handle the outside the box game better. He also can bang with the big boys and dunk too! Our hope is that he stas healthy,becuase like Griffin,he tends to get hurt often. That is my only worry and the reason why he felt down to us with the 7 pick. But he stays healthy,then we got another huge steal in the last draft no doubt about it!

Laker Legend42
04-21-2015, 02:23 AM
Has anyone been noticing Blake Griffins floor game lately? He's been criticized for not dunking the ball. His midrange game has really improved and at his size not a shabby ball handler.blake is probably closer to a young Charles Barkley. Randle plays closer to the floor. Go look at some footage of CB34 he was a freak athlete.

Jayb587
04-22-2015, 04:34 PM
some of us lakers fans are so spoiled from winning so much you never took time to learn basketball. Randle is more athletic than blake????? LMAO. randle can be better than zbo or milsap????? lMAO. randle will average 20-10 next year?????? LMAO. let the kid play and develop before you put such lofty expectations on him. as for me im expecting him to come off the bench next year and contribute that way for the foreseable future.

McAllen Tx
04-22-2015, 09:06 PM
But Randle is a better ball handler and pla
ys better away from the basket. Also, Randle has not yet played a quarter in the NBA. So let him roll and then in two years max,we could jugde his game more accurately.
You say Randle hasn't played 1 quarter of NBA ball and in the same post you say he's a better ball handler & better player away from the basket then Griffin? How do you know this?

L@ker4Life
04-23-2015, 11:35 AM
some of us lakers fans are so spoiled from winning so much you never took time to learn basketball. Randle is more athletic than blake????? LMAO. randle can be better than zbo or milsap????? lMAO. randle will average 20-10 next year?????? LMAO. let the kid play and develop before you put such lofty expectations on him. as for me im expecting him to come off the bench next year and contribute that way for the foreseable future.

I get what you're saying, but you kind of contradict yourself. Taking your own advice is always prudent. Let the kid play and develop before putting such meager expectations for him.

I don't believe he is more athletic or has better handles than Blake. They may be on par, but hard to say better at this point. Blake is an inch taller and same weight. Both have very good handles and explosion for their frames. I actually see a lot of similarities in their games. As Lakers fans I think we would all be happy to see Randle develop the way Blake has the past 3 seasons. Adding a new piece to his game every off season.

mjarmentasr
04-23-2015, 02:16 PM
If you stop for a minute and really look at our team right now, the question I would ask is, who is better than Randle rt now? Anyone? Without even playing last year he is prob going into next year as the best player we have on our team. And I don't want to hear any of this bring him off the bench stuff. Next year I hope he have a good lottery pick and then throw our new pick, Randle, and Clarkson out there on the floor for 35 min a game. We are gonna lose a lot next year. But we need to really see what we have. We aren't going to be good. But we are going to be way too good to be in the lottery so we will be giving our pick to Philly. So at least we will be trying to win every game.

New Power House
04-25-2015, 07:29 PM
[QUOTE=McAllen Tx;29857330]You say Randle hasn't played 1 quarter of NBA ball and in the same post you say he's a better ball handler & better player away from the basket then Griffin? How do you know this?[/QUOTE[/I]

I think is called projections? The way he has played in HS,college, summer league and the bit NBA's preseason?

New Power House
04-25-2015, 07:31 PM
If you stop for a minute and really look at our team right now, the question I would ask is, who is better than Randle rt now? Anyone? Without even playing last year he is prob going into next year as the best player we have on our team. And I don't want to hear any of this bring him off the bench stuff. Next year I hope he have a good lottery pick and then throw our new pick, Randle, and Clarkson out there on the floor for 35 min a game. We are gonna lose a lot next year. But we need to really see what we have. We aren't going to be good. But we are going to be way too good to be in the lottery so we will be giving our pick to Philly. So at least we will be trying to win every game.
But you still need at least three solid vets or you end up down way the bottom of the pile. We are not on the East!

McAllen Tx
04-25-2015, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=McAllen Tx;29857330]You say Randle hasn't played 1 quarter of NBA ball and in the same post you say he's a better ball handler & better player away from the basket then Griffin? How do you know this?[/QUOTE[/I]

I think is called projections? The way he has played in HS,college, summer league and the bit NBA's preseason?
You've seen HS footage of Randle?

Bozeman
04-26-2015, 12:33 AM
Randle is the great unknown now. Especially after the injury.

I saw in preseason a guy with a lot of potential. That's it. The fact is we have no idea what he can truly bring. He didn't play. Take a guy like Exum who had a lot of hype going in and showed these flashes in the preseason. Now look where he's at. We have no idea how long Randle can take to develop or if he would fall into that exum category.

He's going into his true rookie season next year, off an injury and about a year and a half from playing real competitive basketball.

Mave1002
04-26-2015, 11:28 PM
Blake Griffin - Amare Stoudamire with higher IQ

Julius Randle - quicker Zach Randolph who can take it coast to coast ala LO

jsthornton7
04-27-2015, 12:13 AM
I don't really see the Zach Randolph comparisons. I think Randle is unique in his ability of being a ball handling PF who is also a bruiser. As long as he learns when to use his abilities in transition and not turn the ball over so much/force the issue I think he is going really help us.

Towns and Randle dominating down low physically and on the boards would be so awesome.

royal bob
04-27-2015, 12:52 AM
I don't really see the Zach Randolph comparisons. I think Randle is unique in his ability of being a ball handling PF who is also a bruiser. As long as he learns when to use his abilities in transition and not turn the ball over so much/force the issue I think he is going really help us.

Towns and Randle dominating down low physically and on the boards would be so awesome.

I agree. I think Randle has a more fluent range of movement than Zach, and him and Towns inside would pose a rather large problem for other teams to deal with

jsthornton7
04-27-2015, 01:23 AM
I agree. I think Randle has a more fluent range of movement than Zach, and him and Towns inside would pose a rather large problem for other teams to deal with

Absolute best scenario for sure. Clarkson, Randle, Towns is a great young core

Mave1002
04-27-2015, 02:48 AM
Who among you guys would think that a Randle / Okafor duo could work for the team?

I just think that if we do end up with Okafor, he will be kept long-term.. and/ or / otherwise:

1.) A "rim protector" will be offered a contract. Unfortunately, for us.. two of the best defenders will be commanding max contracts. Gasol and DeAndre Jordan. Would you consider a less expensive alternative in Tyson Chandler?

2.) Julius Randle will be "shopped" along with Houston pick unless we the FO decides to draft Robert Upshaw @ #27-#28 and Ed Davis gets re-signed adding another above average defender for our frontline.

Okafor-Upshaw
Randle-Davis-Black
UFA-RFA
Kobe-Brown
Clarkson-Buycks

3.) Top pick + Randle + assets will be offered to OKC for Kevin Durant (bite the bullet and pray that he doesnt go to Washington the year after or make the move RIGHT NOW)

???
???
KD
Kobe
Clarkson

I would personally #2 (as it would give us extreme financial flexibility going forward) BUT the SF position needs to be addressed and should be defensively secured. As ive mentioned before, two small forwards not named Wes Johnson and Nick Young should be offered contracts.

Let the kids play next year, and let the chips fall where they may come the 2016-2017 NBA free agency.

mjarmentasr
04-27-2015, 02:18 PM
Who among you guys would think that a Randle / Okafor duo could work for the team?

I just think that if we do end up with Okafor, he will be kept long-term.. and/ or / otherwise:

1.) A "rim protector" will be offered a contract. Unfortunately, for us.. two of the best defenders will be commanding max contracts. Gasol and DeAndre Jordan. Would you consider a less expensive alternative in Tyson Chandler?

2.) Julius Randle will be "shopped" along with Houston pick unless we the FO decides to draft Robert Upshaw @ #27-#28 and Ed Davis gets re-signed adding another above average defender for our frontline.

Okafor-Upshaw
Randle-Davis-Black
UFA-RFA
Kobe-Brown
Clarkson-Buycks

3.) Top pick + Randle + assets will be offered to OKC for Kevin Durant (bite the bullet and pray that he doesnt go to Washington the year after or make the move RIGHT NOW)

???
???
KD
Kobe
Clarkson

I would personally #2 (as it would give us extreme financial flexibility going forward) BUT the SF position needs to be addressed and should be defensively secured. As ive mentioned before, two small forwards not named Wes Johnson and Nick Young should be offered contracts.

Let the kids play next year, and let the chips fall where they may come the 2016-2017 NBA free agency.

Wow, I think option 2 and 3 would be a disaster.

Option 3 opens up the possibility of Durant leaving like Howard did. Our front office has already shown they wont trade away a player who implies they are leaving. We are only in this mess because we wouldn't trade Howard or Gasol for picks and expiring contracts. To do so again. We wouldn't recover for years. If Durant wants to come here let him demand a trade to the Lakers. Then I'm all in on that.

Option 2 means trading Randle before we get to see how good he might be. If we trade this kid and he becomes a perennial all-star that's going to blow. And for what? Financial flexibility. If we get Okafor the most Flexibility we will have is to just throw them out there and let them play. If Okafor and Randle are both great but not a good defensive frontcourt you can choose who to keep or see who you get the best offer for. Even worse, what if Okafur is a bust and Randle is a beast and we traded him away for a pick in the 6 to 10 range that may or may not be good. No way.

I say if We get Okafor we Just make our pick at 27 and the top of the second and hope Mitch can catch lightening in a bottle two years in a row. We need bench players too and they will come from picks at that level.

I think the most important part of our off season is trading Hill, and Young for anything. Anything we can get back.

TDE
04-28-2015, 03:00 AM
Poor shot, and weak defense.

jsthornton7
05-29-2015, 01:57 AM
Here's a little update video

http://www.tout.com/m/l6xdz9?ref=tw499w4o

GREATNESS ONE
05-29-2015, 02:02 AM
😂 absolutely love it!!!👌🏽

jsthornton7
05-29-2015, 02:10 AM
Vine of Randle dunk

https://vine.co/v/ebp2wTVu2dU

GREATNESS ONE
05-29-2015, 02:15 AM
20-10 machine.

jsthornton7
05-29-2015, 02:27 AM
Randle looks a lot slimmer.

Raidaz4Life
05-29-2015, 11:15 AM
Randle looks a lot slimmer.

thats a good thing imo. Felt he lost a lot of athleticism when he put on weight

J4KOP99
05-29-2015, 11:51 AM
The talent and drive are there. It's his health that is the major issue.

Guy will be a very formidable big if he can stay on the court. Nice to see him slim down a little too. May also help with his defense.

Jayb587
05-29-2015, 01:08 PM
im hoping randle plays something like draymond green except he will be worst defensively but a better ball handler and scorer.

mjarmentasr
05-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Poor shot, and weak defense.

Please. A few weeks ago we were all scared we wouldn't get a pick at all. Now we are trying to justify why Oak isn't good enough to be our pick. Honestly I don't care which of the three btw Oak, KT, or DLo we pick. As soon as they are selected we are all buying new jerseys!

TBH I'm not worried about the No. 2 pick. Im worried about the other two picks, whether Mitch can turn those and the contracts of Hill and Swaggy into more picks or an overall better pick and what free agents we bring in.
I think Mitch is thinking to bring in three or 4 2nd tier, solid free agents if he cant land KLove. I think he's trying to build a really deep club with a solid foundation that competes and is only missing that one superstar to put us over the top. Then market that to AD, Durant, and Westbrook in a few years.

LA_Raiders
06-01-2015, 01:09 AM
Can't wait to see him back. He will have a very strong young core in Clarkson-Randle-Towns

Get a good SF and a bench and we are ready to go

KMackSackAttack
06-02-2015, 04:45 PM
I think whoever we draft and randle will be battling out for rookie of the year honors!

I think randle will average about 14-9-2-1
And if it's okafor I think something like 16-10-1-2
If it's towns 12-11-2-3

Points,rebounds,steals,blocks

McAllen Tx
06-02-2015, 05:07 PM
I think whoever we draft and randle will be battling out for rookie of the year honors!

I think randle will average about 14-9-2-1
And if it's okafor I think something like 16-10-1-2
If it's towns 12-11-2-3

Points,rebounds,steals,blocks

Randle doesn't qualify for ROY.

ibejeph
06-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Randle doesn't qualify for ROY.

Didn't the same thing happen to Griffin? He was considered a rookie his second year, due to injury...am I wrong?

I'm far too lazy to google this.

McAllen Tx
06-02-2015, 05:26 PM
Didn't the same thing happen to Griffin? He was considered a rookie his second year, due to injury...am I wrong?

Griffin didn't play at all in the reg season. Randle got hurt in the 1st reg season game

WiseCounsel
06-02-2015, 05:50 PM

Love JRock but I think those numbers are two much for him next year.. I dont think Scott will give him those kinds of minutes starting out, unless he plays his butt off in summer league and preseason. Realistically, like someone has said, I think if he averages near 10 points, 8 Rebounds, stays healthy and is good defensively thats a damn good year for him.

bleedprple&gold
06-02-2015, 06:35 PM
Griffin didn't play at all in the reg season. Randle got hurt in the 1st reg season game

Sucks those 14 minutes he played disqualifies him. There should be a minimum minute limit you have to play before your're no longer a rookie, like baseball where you have to have 130 at-bats, 50 innings pitched or 45 days on the active roster before you are no longer a rookie.

LakerShow
06-02-2015, 07:35 PM

He will qualify for roy

McAllen Tx
06-02-2015, 07:39 PM
He will qualify for roy

How so?

McAllen Tx
06-02-2015, 07:41 PM
Sucks those 14 minutes he played disqualifies him. There should be a minimum minute limit you have to play before your're no longer a rookie, like baseball where you have to have 130 at-bats, 50 innings pitched or 45 days on the active roster before you are no longer a rookie.
It's also gonna affect his career stats on paper.

JNA17
06-05-2015, 07:04 PM
https://instagram.com/p/3fpI9-E276/

<3