PDA

View Full Version : The Atlanta Hawks

*Silver&Black*
01-16-2015, 10:14 PM
While most NBA fans are caught up with coach firing or declining superstar ball chucker soap operas like housewives and buying the shoes of their favorite selfish AAU basketball 'star', a TEAM everybody (excluding us Hawks fans) writes off because ESPN doesn't have a shoe seller to talk about, are beating your favorite star night after night.

The soon to be Coach of the Year, Mike Budenholzer has crafted a beautiful display of team sport, that is not appreciated by your everyday NBA 2K playing, all-star voting fan. I wanted to make an appreciation thread to the best team in basketball, in the midst of TMZ-like basketball topics on PSD. Tonight is the Raptors. Tomorrow the Bulls. Time to respect the Hawks as a contender.

goingfor28
01-16-2015, 10:19 PM
They're the real deal. Deserve a ton of credit. Coach Bud had done one hell of a job creating a TEAM. He learned from the best. They'll be an absolute force come playoff time no doubt. It's fun to see them ahead of the Cavs, raptors, bulls, wiz, all the east teams who had a shot before the season.
I'm hoping they win the east.

LanceUpperCut
01-16-2015, 10:30 PM
They play such a smooth game. Horford is so underrated the guy does everything well.

*Silver&Black*
01-16-2015, 10:37 PM
Something tells me if the Cavs had the record/winning streak/top seed in the East like the Hawks, ESPN would have a 'Cavs watch' logo on their screen. Hawks barely get mentioned at all.

With only 2 National televised games the entire season, the media doesn't even acknowledge the best team in the East, it's still Lebron some way (right now making up stories about friction between him and his coach). TMZ, I mean ESPN is not a sports channel.

JordansBulls
01-16-2015, 10:41 PM
I think tomorrow that the Hawks get fear put into them.

kdspurman
01-16-2015, 10:52 PM
Something tells me if the Cavs had the record/winning streak/top seed in the East like the Hawks, ESPN would have a 'Cavs watch' logo on their screen. Hawks barely get mentioned at all.

With only 2 National televised games the entire season, the media doesn't even acknowledge the best team in the East, it's still Lebron some way (right now making up stories about friction between him and his coach). TMZ, I mean ESPN is not a sports channel.

Being the Hawks are SpursEast now, while it can be annoying, just enjoy the ride. You guys will probably fly under the radar. Spurs fans have dealt with this a long time, and if Bud is anything like Pop, he's perfectly fine with it.

*Silver&Black*
01-16-2015, 10:54 PM
Being the Hawks are SpursEast now, while it can be annoying, just enjoy the ride. You guys will probably fly under the radar. Spurs fans have dealt with this a long time, amif Bud is anything like Pop, he's perfectly fine with it.

:cheers:

GiantsSwaGG
01-16-2015, 10:55 PM
Hawks vs Cavs in ECF

M.I.A.
01-16-2015, 10:56 PM
I don't care how they fly as long as they keep winning.

M.I.A.
01-16-2015, 10:57 PM
Hawks vs Cavs in ECF

Works for me. :)

lamzoka
01-16-2015, 11:40 PM
You wanna know how's the hawks not appreciated. Watch this thread disappear in a few hours.

Legitimate
01-17-2015, 12:15 AM
Noone listenned to me when I said atlanta hawks would sweep the cavs come playoff time... lol..i said that when the raptors had the best record in the east....

Legitimate
01-17-2015, 12:17 AM
Atlanta is the best team in the league, and not even the western conference fans realize this because of no nationally televised games

WaDe03
01-17-2015, 12:25 AM
Best team in the league.

ewing
01-17-2015, 01:18 AM
I am all about a Hawks/Griz finals

Cal827
01-17-2015, 01:19 AM
Very well might be the best game of the League. They absolutely murdered us today. Whenever we had a little run, we would be shot straight down. They've beaten pretty much everyone in the East as well as dispatched some strong Western foes.

If they continue how they are now, they might be the one East team that might have a legitimate chance against the Western Conference opponent if they make it through lol.

goingfor28
01-17-2015, 01:43 AM
Doubtful

Redrum187
01-17-2015, 05:09 AM
They play such a smooth game. Horford is so underrated the guy does everything well.

Horford is the best C/PF in the east.

detzfish
01-17-2015, 05:41 AM
They have been really impressive but even with how things are going right now I would put my money on the Bulls or cavs in a 7 game series assuming everyone is healthy.

PurpleLynch
01-17-2015, 08:24 AM
The playoffs are always a different beast,but congrats to the Hawks,they are outstanding right now.

Crackadalic
01-17-2015, 09:02 AM
This Hawks team is the best east team i've seen played since the 2nd year Heat team of the big 3. There that good.

pebloemer
01-17-2015, 10:12 AM
And Atlanta/Golden State Finals would be a lot of fun.

jp611
01-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Hawks are a juggernaut

M.I.A.
01-17-2015, 12:14 PM
You wanna know how's the hawks not appreciated. Watch this thread disappear in a few hours.

Quite the opposite has happened but I'll give you that hindsight always beats foresight.

As the typical Atlantan I have been slow to believe. I believe now after deeply experiencing this team. Coach Bud is the key. Before he came here we had a typical boring team. Now I see these guys, pretty much the same guys we had last year, playing like one of the great teams of the distant past. The chemistry, ball movement, cross court passes, team defense is truly like watching the best opera out there.

This is how 5 man basketball is supposed to be played. Total unselfishness, work the ball around to the open man, drive the lane to collapse the defense so people are open, etc. I could go on and on but you guys know how the game is supposed to be played. Right now it doesn't matter so much which 5 are on the floor I see the same game being played.

Great times for Atlanta fans. Don't wake me til its over!

*Silver&Black*
01-17-2015, 11:10 PM

Really now? Bulls just got Teague Bagged!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-17-2015, 11:19 PM
26-2 in their last 28 with 12 straight road wins. Holy ****.

goingfor28
01-18-2015, 12:37 AM
Hawks sure looked scared vs the Bulls :rolleyes:

What an amazing run, I hope they keep it up. Great story

Bruno
01-18-2015, 12:41 AM

hawks are for real. if the hawks get hc over the bulls it gets really interesting.

Legitimate
01-18-2015, 12:44 AM
might as well just hand the hawks the championship now, and not waste any time :clap:

Redrum187
01-18-2015, 12:54 AM
Facilitator: Teague (check)
3-pt sniper: Korver (check)
Low post scoring: Millsap and Horford (check)
Defensive anchor: Horford (check)
Elite wing defender: DeMarre Carroll (check)
Team ball players: They pass the ball just as good as any other team. (check)

GiantsSwaGG
01-18-2015, 12:54 AM

:facepalm:

JasonJohnHorn
01-18-2015, 12:59 AM
There is no doubt that they are winning games and playing well. Sefolosha was one of the most underrated pick-ups of the offseason in my book. They may very well end up in the NBA finals (still a little too early to tell), but none of that changes the fact that NBA champions will be decided in the Western Conference Finals this year and the actual finals will simply be a glorified victory lap unless the Cavs pull thier shiznit together fast.

I would love to see the Hawks go all the way, because I think they play the kind of basketball that teams should play and Horford has been one of my favourite players since he came into the league, but I'm just not sure their core has the same level of play you see out west.

If you went player-by-player match-up, against say the Clippers or the Warriors... you'd have to go with the teams out west.

They are going to run into the same problem that Memphis has had, and the same problem the Pistons had. I mean the Pistons were in contention for six or seven seasons, and only won once. Had they had a guy that could take over... they would have won three rings. Teh Grizzlies had the problem the last couple seasons. GREAT team play, not star. The Spurs have Parker that can take over a game, and Duncan who is always good for two when you need a bucket on a play. They got the team play too, but they got MVPs on their team.

And ATL isn't in a division where they have to match-up with playoff teams EVERY time they play in their division, like the the Southwest. (New Orleans would be the 7th seed in the east right now and they are the worst team in their division.

I really like the Clippers and the Warriiors, and Memphis is looking stellar as well...

I think the reason there isn't as much noise is because people see their record as being inflated in the East a little. They have earned every win, and I got my fingers crossed for them, but I wouldn't put money on them going all the way.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Sadds The Gr8
01-18-2015, 01:08 AM
When did jb become a legit troll? He used to be one of the biggest contributors here. Maybe some kid just posts on his account now

Shammyguy3
01-18-2015, 02:10 AM
When did jb become a legit troll? He used to be one of the biggest contributors here. Maybe some kid just posts on his account now

for as long as I've posted in the Bulls' forum, about 6 years he's always been a troll. We stopped putting up with it and ignored him and he went away.

Sadds The Gr8
01-18-2015, 02:21 AM
for as long as I've posted in the Bulls' forum, about 6 years he's always been a troll. We stopped putting up with it and ignored him and he went away.
Really? I remember him being apart of good discussions a few yrs ago when he was a mod

LAKERS4LIFE!!
01-18-2015, 03:00 AM
There is no doubt that they are winning games and playing well. Sefolosha was one of the most underrated pick-ups of the offseason in my book. They may very well end up in the NBA finals (still a little too early to tell), but none of that changes the fact that NBA champions will be decided in the Western Conference Finals this year and the actual finals will simply be a glorified victory lap unless the Cavs pull thier shiznit together fast.

I would love to see the Hawks go all the way, because I think they play the kind of basketball that teams should play and Horford has been one of my favourite players since he came into the league, but I'm just not sure their core has the same level of play you see out west.

If you went player-by-player match-up, against say the Clippers or the Warriors... you'd have to go with the teams out west.

They are going to run into the same problem that Memphis has had, and the same problem the Pistons had. I mean the Pistons were in contention for six or seven seasons, and only won once. Had they had a guy that could take over... they would have won three rings. Teh Grizzlies had the problem the last couple seasons. GREAT team play, not star. The Spurs have Parker that can take over a game, and Duncan who is always good for two when you need a bucket on a play. They got the team play too, but they got MVPs on their team.

And ATL isn't in a division where they have to match-up with playoff teams EVERY time they play in their division, like the the Southwest. (New Orleans would be the 7th seed in the east right now and they are the worst team in their division.

I really like the Clippers and the Warriiors, and Memphis is looking stellar as well...

I think the reason there isn't as much noise is because people see their record as being inflated in the East a little. They have earned every win, and I got my fingers crossed for them, but I wouldn't put money on them going all the way.

Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Clippers lol

MDD
01-18-2015, 03:16 AM
I think there great for the season but come playoff time when teams start game planning for them having no star players are going to hurt them.

Goose17
01-18-2015, 08:52 AM
I feel bad for Atlanta. Impressive basketball, terrible fan base. I love watching them play but I always cringe at the arena being half empty and even when it isn't the atmosphere sucks. There's no passion.

It;s a shame because they probably have a very small but very dedicated hardcore fan base that will eventually lose their team if fans don't show up even when they're winning.

force_within
01-18-2015, 11:44 AM
The Spurs of the East

aman_13
01-18-2015, 12:25 PM
Beat the Raps and Bulls on a back to back. Impressive.

M.I.A.
01-18-2015, 12:58 PM
I feel bad for Atlanta. Impressive basketball, terrible fan base. I love watching them play but I always cringe at the arena being half empty and even when it isn't the atmosphere sucks. There's no passion.

It;s a shame because they probably have a very small but very dedicated hardcore fan base that will eventually lose their team if fans don't show up even when they're winning.

Well , when they bring home a title we might just allow them to continue playing here.

If they want my hard earned money they had better continue winning. Maybe we are wrong to demand that franchises win consistently down here before we go all in on them but I don't think so. The Cubs have been stealing Chicagoans' money for years. At least we aren't that stupid.

Vampirate
01-18-2015, 01:11 PM
Atlanta has a chace to have the best record in the NBA considering how good they've played and the differences in conferences between the East and West.

Goose17
01-18-2015, 01:13 PM
Well , when they bring home a title we might just allow them to continue playing here.

If they want my hard earned money they had better continue winning. Maybe we are wrong to demand that franchises win consistently down here before we go all in on them but I don't think so. The Cubs have been stealing Chicagoans' money for years. At least we aren't that stupid.

So essentially they're a city of glory hunters? Good to know.

You do realise by only supporting them when they win you're not actually a fan of the team, you're essentially a bandwagon fan.

You think free agents want to play there when the fan base is so pathetic? You think guys entering free agency won't leave to go somewhere they're appreciated? Once a team starts winning, the players are viewed as winners. And that makes them way more valuable as free agents.

Backing a team and believing in them when they're struggling, losing, rebuilding. That's what separates die hard fans from casual ones.

But hey, I guess we have different values. No big deal.

M.I.A.
01-18-2015, 07:07 PM
So essentially they're a city of glory hunters? Good to know.

You do realise by only supporting them when they win you're not actually a fan of the team, you're essentially a bandwagon fan.

You think free agents want to play there when the fan base is so pathetic? You think guys entering free agency won't leave to go somewhere they're appreciated? Once a team starts winning, the players are viewed as winners. And that makes them way more valuable as free agents.

Backing a team and believing in them when they're struggling, losing, rebuilding. That's what separates die hard fans from casual ones.

But hey, I guess we have different values. No big deal.

Dude, I'm poor and I work 2 jobs. So win and I'll spend my money on you. I can watch you lose on TV.

goingfor28
01-18-2015, 07:09 PM
Atlanta has a chace to have the best record in the NBA considering how good they've played and the differences in conferences between the East and West.
Atlanta has also dominated the Western conference

M.I.A.
01-18-2015, 07:41 PM
Are we as good as Golden State?

Redrum187
01-18-2015, 07:45 PM
Are we as good as Golden State?

No, but still good nevertheless.

M.I.A.
01-18-2015, 10:15 PM
No, but still good nevertheless.

We get to see on Feb. 6

M.I.A.
01-24-2015, 02:33 AM
Hawks have now won 15 straight, 29 out of the last 31. But we've still got doubters. I say that if Horford stays healthy this team could go all the way.

Atlanta has never won 15 straight before. These guys are making history as we speak.

Clippersfan86
01-24-2015, 02:49 AM
Warriors are the 3rd best team of ALL TIME statistically. The Hawks aren't as good/dominant, BUT they should be in the finals and WILL give GS a fight if that's the matchup.

nastynice
01-24-2015, 02:55 AM
We get to see on Feb. 6

I actually haven't watched the hawks. I'm pretty excited about this one, I know both teams are going to go all out in it. Although a lot can happen between now n then, you know both teams have championship on their mind, I'm guessing (hoping) they're both going to be in statement game mode.

goingfor28
01-24-2015, 04:20 AM
We get to see on Feb. 6
Better be televised

M.I.A.
01-24-2015, 11:06 AM
I actually haven't watched the hawks. I'm pretty excited about this one, I know both teams are going to go all out in it. Although a lot can happen between now n then, you know both teams have championship on their mind, I'm guessing (hoping) they're both going to be in statement game mode.

I agree. It should be the best game on the calendar so far.

M.I.A.
01-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Warriors are the 3rd best team of ALL TIME statistically. The Hawks aren't as good/dominant, BUT they should be in the finals and WILL give GS a fight if that's the matchup.

I haven't seen GS play this year so I don't know just how good they are. I am so looking forward to this game.

M.I.A.
01-24-2015, 11:09 AM
Better be televised

It better be a signature game on a major network, like Game of the Year so far.

InRoseWeTrust
01-24-2015, 12:06 PM

Doesn't look like it is nationally televised. It's on a Friday, and the ESPN games that day are Clips-Raps and Heat-Spurs.

goingfor28
01-24-2015, 12:15 PM
I checked ahead, it's not. As of now. Hopefully some channel picks it up.

M.I.A.
01-24-2015, 12:26 PM
Doesn't look like it is nationally televised. It's on a Friday, and the ESPN games that day are Clips-Raps and Heat-Spurs.

Oh well, somebody will pick it up and make ESPN look like chumps because they missed out on potentially the best game so far this year.

Clippersfan86
01-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Oh well, somebody will pick it up and make ESPN look like chumps because they missed out on potentially the best game so far this year.

Yea, they should. Then again can you blame them for not expecting the 38 win Hawks with a similar roster this year as last to be a juggernaut?

M.I.A.
01-24-2015, 05:53 PM
Yea, they should. Then again can you blame them for not expecting the 38 win Hawks with a similar roster this year as last to be a juggernaut?

Their loss either way.

M.I.A.
01-25-2015, 10:03 PM
16 straight now, 30 out of the last 32. I will brag now since the Hawks will probably never do this again.

Bring The Heat
01-26-2015, 01:03 AM
Not sure how anybody can't think these guys are the real deal... Unselfish basketball and a great coach... I'm impressed

lol, please
01-26-2015, 01:48 AM
They're the real deal. Deserve a ton of credit. Coach Bud had done one hell of a job creating a TEAM. He learned from the best. They'll be an absolute force come playoff time no doubt. It's fun to see them ahead of the Cavs, raptors, bulls, wiz, all the east teams who had a shot before the season.
I'm hoping they win the east.
I agree, the Hawks are for real, I basically was hoping the Raptors or wolves would be this good this season, but it's good to see a different team appear like potential contenders and not the same teams the media tries to shove down fans throats.