PDA

View Full Version : OKC Nets and Hornets working on 3 team trade involving Lopez and Stephenson

spreadeagle
01-16-2015, 02:29 AM
The Nets are reportedly in accelerated discussions with teams while trying to deal Brook Lopez, the center that has struggled with injuries in recent seasons, and has spent plenty of this one in new head coach Lionel Hollins’ dog house.

Lopez has talent (at least on the offensive end of the floor), but also has a price tag of more than $16 million in the form of a player option for next season. As such, a team needs to be a little bit desperate in order to consider dealing for his services — and the latest report says talks are ongoing involving one team which definitely qualifies.

The Brooklyn Nets, Charlotte Hornets and Oklahoma City Thunder are involved in discussions about a three-way trade that would send Brooklyn playground legend Lance Stephenson to his hometown team, according to league sources.

Stephenson, who has been a poor fit since signing in Charlotte this past summer, would join the Nets, while Brooklyn center Brook Lopez would be moved to Oklahoma City. Charlotte would receive Jarrett Jack from Brooklyn and Jeremy Lamb from Oklahoma City, sources said.

Other pieces might be included to make the deal work financially.http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/15/report-nets-talking-three-way-trade-with-hornets-and-thunder/

MetroMan
01-16-2015, 02:43 AM
Only one that would be winning this trade if it falls through is the Bobcats. Brooklyn replaces one headache with another and OKC gets more garbage. I know brook is great when healthy but he's like Andrew Bynum

MetroMan
01-16-2015, 02:44 AM
watching the game OKC Rocks game.... I still can't believe OKC let that guy go.... and to keep perkins.....

Iron24th
01-16-2015, 03:03 AM
Only one that would be winning this trade if it falls through is the Bobcats. Brooklyn replaces one headache with another and OKC gets more garbage. I know brook is great when healthy but he's like Andrew Bynum

Sorry Metro, but I don't call a 7 footer who takes 6 rebounds per game (7 career average) great.

SeoulBeatz
01-16-2015, 03:26 AM
Sorry Metro, but I don't call a 7 footer who takes 6 rebounds per game (7 career average) great.

He's a piss poor rebounder but he is a very good scorer in the post, something OKC really lacks and he'll fit nicely next to Serge. They have plenty of bigs who can rebound and block shots to cover Brook's ***.

FraziersKnicks
01-16-2015, 05:18 AM
Do the Thunder have a trade exception? They're way over the cap and Lamb's contract is only about $3m. They don't have enough contracts to make this work unless they move Ibaka?

Cracka2HI!
01-16-2015, 05:19 AM
^^ Agreed. I think Lopez would make OKC real scary.

Cracka2HI!
01-16-2015, 05:22 AM
Do the Thunder have a trade exception? They're way over the cap and Lamb's contract is only about $3m. They don't have enough contracts to make this work unless they move Ibaka?

Perkins.

FraziersKnicks
01-16-2015, 05:27 AM
Perkins.

For some reason I was looking at their contracts for next season and didn't see Perkins. My mistake.

If this goes down Thunder are gonna need two balls...

KD
Westbrook
Waiters
Ibaka
Jackson
Lopez

That's 6 players who all want 10-15 shots a game. 15-20 for KD and Westy.

FraziersKnicks
01-16-2015, 05:31 AM
Unless the Thunder want to flip us Jackson for Calderon and a 2nd rounder :hope:

Cracka2HI!
01-16-2015, 05:55 AM
Unless the Thunder want to flip us Jackson for Calderon and a 2nd rounder :hope:

Ironically I was thinking they would be so much better if they got a proper PG like Calderon lol!

FraziersKnicks
01-16-2015, 06:03 AM
Ironically I was thinking they would be so much better if they got a proper PG like Calderon lol!

It's definitely wishful thinking but a Jackson/Calderon deal would benefit both teams.

Bringing Calderon off the bench would be perfect because of his shooting and ball distribution. Something you need with the amount of one on one players they've got on their team. He could even play some SG because Westy is big and strong enough to cover 2 guards.

The Knicks have already shown interest in Reggie and we're probably gonna go after him in free agency.

Anyway, seems unlikely that a trade would go down.

On a side note it seems like Sam Presti really is doing all he can to convince KD to stay past next summer. I'm just not sure adding all this offense is gonna work. The Waiters move screamed desperation to me and this would even more. They're not two players that fit well within this team and adding a fragile center that doesn't rebound and demands a lot of shots isn't beneficial to the team.

Sean Moore
01-16-2015, 07:20 AM
Meh... Helps OKC slightly.

GiantsSwaGG
01-16-2015, 10:00 AM
Horrible trade for the Nets and Thunder, beautiful for the Hornets

kpjets
01-16-2015, 10:34 AM
Brook Lopez is the only one that's slower than yao ming. i would rather have his brother, at least he plays some d.

black1605
01-16-2015, 10:40 AM
Charlotte beat writer says the deal is dead for now.

Rick Bonnell ‏@rick_bonnell 4m4 minutes ago
The 3-way deal involving the Hornets, Nets and Thunder is dead, at least for now. an informed NBA source told the Observer.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-16-2015, 11:22 AM
Do the Thunder have a trade exception? They're way over the cap and Lamb's contract is only about $3m. They don't have enough contracts to make this work unless they move Ibaka? Most likely Perkins is in the deal.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-16-2015, 11:23 AM
Charlotte beat writer says the deal is dead for now. Miami also was interested in Lopez.