PDA

View Full Version : Brook Lopez on the move?

North Yorker
01-15-2015, 08:10 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA 1m 1 minute ago
Brooklyn has accelerated trade discussions for Brook Lopez with the intention on moving him soon, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/555878975084310529

Predictions on where he ends up?

North Yorker
01-15-2015, 08:13 PM
Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account
‏@WojYahooNBA
Nets talking to several teams, but officials around league say Nets making second hard push for intel on Charlotte's Lance Stephenson.

FraziersKnicks
01-15-2015, 08:52 PM
The Hornets need to jump all over that. Lance was never gonna be a good fit in that team.

PG: Kemba Walker
SG: Gerald Henderson
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF: Al Jefferson
C: Brook Lopez

That's a nice starting 5.

JEDean89
01-15-2015, 09:11 PM
god pray my nuggets don't get this guy.

dhopisthename
01-15-2015, 09:14 PM
The Hornets need to jump all over that. Lance was never gonna be a good fit in that team.

PG: Kemba Walker
SG: Gerald Henderson
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
PF: Al Jefferson
C: Brook Lopez

That's a nice starting 5.

al jefferson guarding 4's would be hilarious.

slaker619
01-15-2015, 09:29 PM
If Lakers serious they pick him up or Celtics

mRc08
01-15-2015, 09:41 PM
What are they going to be looking for in return?

Cal827
01-15-2015, 09:52 PM
I guess they'll just sacrifice the high picks to Atlanta/Boston over the next 15 years :laugh2:

ohreally
01-15-2015, 10:33 PM
I really don't understand this, or anything Hollins is doing either.

Jamiecballer
01-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Here's some Intel - he's a ****ing wackadoodle. Feel free to send Lopez our way Broke-erov

king4day
01-15-2015, 11:04 PM
I guess they'll just sacrifice the high picks to Atlanta/Boston over the next 15 years :laugh2:

I thought about this too but the Nets can't think about their lost picks. Only putting together the right team. Stephenson would be a nice young piece they can add.
Plus there is no guarantee the Nets will be good by retaining the guys.

unleashthebeast
01-15-2015, 11:09 PM
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 24m24 minutes ago
Sources: Nets,Hornets,OKC talking 3-way trade. Brook Lopez 2 OKC, Lance Stephenson 2 BKN, Jeremy Lamb/Jarrett Jack 2 Charlotte.Talks ongoing

It's Chris Broussard so you obviously have to take it with a grain of salt haha, but yeah

OT Thriller
01-15-2015, 11:14 PM
I think this would be good for both teams.

Brook would be a great and necessary piece to the Hornets front court. I think Brook is a player that can get the Hornets on the right track especially when they are giving up a player that doesn't fit that team whatsoever. The playoffs are not that far out of reach for them.

On the flip side, I think Stephenson and the Nets can work well too. He will go to place where he is welcomed and where there is a need at SG. Yes, his maturity is an issue but I feel like the veterans like Garnett will keep him in check. Who knows, he could explode there. I mean that's what Charlotte was thinking when they signed him originally. If he does, his contract is pretty good and god knows the Nets could use some good contracts on that roster.

goingfor28
01-15-2015, 11:25 PM
Sources: Nets,Hornets,OKC talking 3-way trade. Brook Lopez 2 OKC, Lance Stephenson 2 BKN, Jeremy Lamb/Jarrett Jack 2 Charlotte.Talks ongoing

It's Chris Broussard so you obviously have to take it with a grain of salt haha, but yeah
Broussard tweeting out his ***. He is clueless

ohreally
01-15-2015, 11:56 PM

Uh, sure, Lopez isn't enough to get Stephenson so the Nets have to throw in the guy who is Hollins' starting point guard. That makes netsense.

Ariza's Better
01-16-2015, 12:10 AM
Looks more likely there will be a three way trade:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2015/01/15/lance-stephenson-brook-lopez-thunder-nets-hornets-trade-discussion/21842753/

IndyRealist
01-16-2015, 12:12 AM
There's gotta be a lot more pieces involved. The salaries aren't even close.

EDIT: Looking at the salaries, Charlotte breaks even with Jack/Lamb for Stephenson, so OKC needs to send salary back to Brooklyn. I suspect that means Kendrick Perkins plus at least one more.

Greg.
01-16-2015, 12:24 AM
Nets can't even trade Jack with Lopez

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Nets can't even trade Jack with Lopez Probably be two separate side trades but looks like one big three team trade in the end.

Htownballa1622
01-16-2015, 03:06 PM
"Another team probing on Brook Lopez: The Houston Rockets." -WOJ

Hope we're driving up price. NO WAY should OKC get him so cheap.

3 team deal.

Phoenix gets Lopez
Houston gets Dragic
Nets get young players and picks. (Lord knows they need picks and young players)

Corey
01-16-2015, 03:07 PM
He could put OKC over the top if everyone is healthy.

GiantsSwaGG
01-16-2015, 03:09 PM
He could put OKC over the top if everyone is healthy.

No he wouldn't.

It's a horrible deal for them.

Hornets would come out the winner in that trade

unleashthebeast
01-16-2015, 03:24 PM
No he wouldn't.

It's a horrible deal for them.

Hornets would come out the winner in that trade

I'm sorry, what? The Thunder are giving up literally nothing in this deal lol.

Jeremy Lamb and Perkins, are you serious? The Thunder make out like bandits in this deal. And then whenever Lopez is healthy, they have a low-post threat that they have never had before. GREAT deal for the Thunder

kobe4thewinbang
01-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Nets suddenly turning their nose up at the 3-way trade, not digging Lance Stephenson, and not even a trade with only OKC, after passing momentarily on Brook Lopez for Kendrick Perkins & change. Rockets might be interested too...

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

GiantsSwaGG
01-16-2015, 04:08 PM
I'm sorry, what? The Thunder are giving up literally nothing in this deal lol.

Jeremy Lamb and Perkins, are you serious? The Thunder make out like bandits in this deal. And then whenever Lopez is healthy, they have a low-post threat that they have never had before. GREAT deal for the Thunder

When has he been healthy? His foot is a ticking time bomb and he's a HORRIBLE DEFENDER/REBOUNDER...

You can say "Well Ibaka will help with that" but if they make the Playoffs they'll be a bad match up against teams like the Grizz, Hou, SA, GS etc

mightybosstone
01-16-2015, 04:31 PM
I just don't get why Houston would have interest in him. Sure, when healthy he's a pretty great offensive player, but he costs a ton, and he's probably going to pick up the $16 million option on his contract next year. Plus, who could the Rockets even deal for him to make that work? It would probably have to be a three-team deal.

And I don't really see Lopez as a great fit on this team. Sure, he could play the Motiejunas role at the 4, but D-Mo already does that for a fraction of the cost, and he's more reliable health wise. Plus, I don't really trust Lopez defensively at the 4, so he would probably have to play a lot of his minutes as the backup 5. Who wants to pay $16 million a year for a backup center who plays 20-25 minutes per game?

I'd be shocked if he went to Houston at this point.

Dade County
01-16-2015, 04:33 PM
HEAT trying too...

Ohm Youngmisuk @NotoriousOHM
Follow
Hearing Nets continue to talk to teams about Brook Lopez. Sources say Miami has shown a strong interest.
5:10 PM - 14 Jan 2015

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-01-15/nba-trade-rumors-brook-lopez-nets-heat-brooklyn-miami

mightybosstone
01-16-2015, 04:39 PM
HEAT trying too...

I wouldn't doubt it, but that link is a couple of days old now. Still, Miami could definitely use him, so it's possible they are still working on a proposal.

Dade County
01-16-2015, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't doubt it, but that link is a couple of days old now. Still, Miami could definitely use him, so it's possible they are still working on a proposal.

The Houston Rockets were also probing the Nets on Lopez too, league sources said. The Miami Heat have also remained connected to discussions on Lopez, sources said. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--thunder-in-serious-discussions-to-acquire-brook-lopez-from-nets-170834007.html

After progressing in serious talks on a deal to send center Brook Lopez to the Oklahoma City Thunder, the Brooklyn Nets backed away from discussions Friday afternoon, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

"Standing pat at this time," one Nets source told Yahoo Sports. "There was nothing we liked."

The Nets backed away from the idea of simply moving Lopez on a salary dump, without the ability to bring back value on his talent, league sources said.

I need a pg damit! But i hope the HEAT can pull off 3 trades lol

Cal827
01-16-2015, 05:13 PM
^^^ I was surprised that Miami didn't go after Monroe in the off-season. What would you prefer Heat fans? Nab Lopez, or try to sign away Monroe from Detroit?

It's not like Monroe is a restricted free agent this off-season. It also might take Van Gundy a ton to get Monroe back into Detroit's frame of mind (after the struggles over the past years, might have a better shot now that Smith is gone).

D-Leethal
01-16-2015, 06:25 PM
I can't see Lopez being good for Westbrook's game the way he eats up so much space in the paint. Low post Cs are pretty kryptonitic to penetrating guards.

colinskik
01-16-2015, 06:47 PM
This trade is dead, right?

FraziersKnicks
01-16-2015, 07:40 PM
The more I think about it, the more I realise the idea of the Thunder trading for Lopez isn't a good one.

As already mentioned his game doesn't fit well with Westbrook's. He'll just end up taking shots away from KD and Westy which isn't something you want. It also eats up Steven Adams' minutes and he's been doing a terrific job at center for OKC.

This is a perfect example of subtraction by addition. Just because you add a sparkly 18 PPG (career) scorer, it doesn't make the team better. He's very injury prone as well.

Just really don't get it for OKC... But then again I didn't understand the Waiters trade either :shrug:

mightybosstone
01-16-2015, 08:13 PM
I can't see Lopez being good for Westbrook's game the way he eats up so much space in the paint. Low post Cs are pretty kryptonitic to penetrating guards.

I don't think that's necessarily true at all. If anything, I think Howard has been great for Harden's game.

GiantsSwaGG
01-16-2015, 08:51 PM
Lopez will hurt their interior defense greatly even with Ibaka on the floor.

Dade County
01-16-2015, 11:47 PM
^^^ I was surprised that Miami didn't go after Monroe in the off-season. What would you prefer Heat fans? Nab Lopez, or try to sign away Monroe from Detroit?

It's not like Monroe is a restricted free agent this off-season. It also might take Van Gundy a ton to get Monroe back into Detroit's frame of mind (after the struggles over the past years, might have a better shot now that Smith is gone).

To steal Howard away from Houston... Lmao!

ohreally
01-17-2015, 01:46 AM
The more I think about it, the more I realise the idea of the Thunder trading for Lopez isn't a good one.

As already mentioned his game doesn't fit well with Westbrook's. He'll just end up taking shots away from KD and Westy which isn't something you want. It also eats up Steven Adams' minutes and he's been doing a terrific job at center for OKC.

This is a perfect example of subtraction by addition. Just because you add a sparkly 18 PPG (career) scorer, it doesn't make the team better. He's very injury prone as well.

Just really don't get it for OKC... But then again I didn't understand the Waiters trade either :shrug:

Getting Lopez, even for what Brooklyn would consider a fair trade at this point, would be a steal and should lift OKC into true contention, where you can't really say they are at this point.

It would be a brilliant move, and Westbrook would have much freer access on his drives as long as he does drop the ball off to Lopez on some of them. Lopez is normally quite efficient, so he's not really going to take many shots from the other guys, and though he's not the best defender in the game, he actually can abort drives to the hoop pretty well and is a decent shot blocker.

And Westbrook is exactly the type of player that could optimize Brook's efficiency inside, while Durant's length and outside shooting would help on Brook's "jump" shots.

goingfor28
01-17-2015, 03:02 AM
Brook just going to end up hurt again