PDA

View Full Version : Rivers to the clippers

Stunner
01-15-2015, 05:01 PM
@daldridgetnt: Three-way trade between LAC, BOS, PHX near, w/Austin Rivers to Clips, Reggie Bullock to Suns, Shavlik Randolph to Cs, per source.

goingfor28
01-15-2015, 05:01 PM
Doc is stupid

GiantsSwaGG
01-15-2015, 05:09 PM
@daldridgetnt: Three-way trade between LAC, BOS, PHX near, w/Austin Rivers to Clips, Reggie Bullock to Suns, Shavlik Randolph to Cs, per source.

Who that chick in your sig thou?

Stunner
01-15-2015, 05:13 PM
Who that chick in your sig thou?

Emily Blunt In Edge Of Tomorrow

Vinylman
01-15-2015, 05:21 PM
Blockbuster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeffy25
01-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Eh, why not

NYKnickFanatic
01-15-2015, 05:28 PM
Would have just signed Nate instead.

Clippersfan86
01-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Would have just signed Nate instead.

Nate is signing with clips tomorrow. Still Doc is horrific as a GM

numba1CHANGsta
01-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Cuz it's best for business

Method28
01-15-2015, 07:02 PM
Would've rather given Reggie more playing time. Don't understand this or the Nate signing. We need a 3D player Doc. ..... 3D

goingfor28
01-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Would've rather given Reggie more playing time. Don't understand this or the Nate signing. We need a 3D player Doc. ..... 3D
Nate would make sense. Say no to Rivers, waive Farmar and add Nate. Then go after a 3D SF. But Doc is a horrible GM

IndyRealist
01-15-2015, 09:59 PM
Any Clips fan wanna clue me in on why Reggie Bullock wasn't getting minutes? He's probably going to end up the best player in this entire trade.

Legitimate
01-15-2015, 10:01 PM
Blockbuster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pretty much this, lol.....

Cracka2HI!
01-16-2015, 12:04 AM
Oh Good God! I had no problem with trading for Rivers with the deals I was hearing. I do prefer Rivers to Farmar. I had not heard Bullock would be included in any trade. While I don't necessarily love Bullock, I do think he had a chance to develop. If you had Rivers, Bullock and C.J. Wilcox I think you had a chance for 1 of them to pan out into a decent bench piece. Now I'm sure one of them will. The one Doc traded. I'm a little jaded by how horrible Doc's moves are but it wouldn't surprise me 1 bit to see Bullock play well for the Suns and Rivers to bust.

As for Farmar. He has been terrible, but to waive him for nothing? Doc doesn't seem to know anything about being a GM. Farmar's contract might be unmovable now but would gain value as it got closer to expiring. I'll bet Doc used stretch provision as well so the team will pay for him for years to come. As bad as Farmar has played you might as well keep him and hope he might be able to play closer to his former self than pay him to go away. Ugh, I'm pretty frustrated with Doc right now.

goingfor28
01-16-2015, 01:28 AM
Any Clips fan wanna clue me in on why Reggie Bullock wasn't getting minutes? He's probably going to end up the best player in this entire trade.
Doc hates kids. That is the only reason.

Cracka2HI!
01-16-2015, 05:49 AM
Apparently Farmar has not been waived yet. I think it would be stupid for Doc to waive him. I actually think a Rivers/Farmar backcourt might work off the bench. Rivers might be able to add some D and penetration and Farmar could strictly play off the ball. That said if Doc can trade Farmar and just get even a TPE out of it I'd rather see that. I hate the way Farmar is playing but Doc donked off the BAE on him. That could have easily been Shawn Marion or possibly even a guy like CJ Miles or DeMarre Carroll. I think Farmar is stinking it up and apparently so does Doc but he can't waste the BAE and pay Farmar to go away. Atleast let him rot on the bench and try to include his expiring deal in a trade next season.

FlashBolt
01-16-2015, 09:07 AM
I think we're seeing why Doc is overrated. I praise Doc for his inspiring persona but this man has lost his touch and if it weren't for the Big Three saving his job at Boston, this man would be an ESPN analyst. How can you possibly make a trade for Austin Rivers? This will only hurt his son's career. It's going to feel as if he still needs daddy to secure a spot in the NBA.

jp611
01-16-2015, 09:29 AM
Doc is the worst GM in the league.

PurpleLynch
01-16-2015, 09:49 AM
How cute.

Vinylman
01-16-2015, 11:28 AM
Doc is the worst GM in the league.

ummm.... NO

Billy King says hello

Tony_Starks
01-16-2015, 12:28 PM
The real question is can Doc get his son back on track? Austin Rivers needs to humble himself and take his career seriously...

FlashBolt
01-16-2015, 12:34 PM
The real question is can Doc get his son back on track? Austin Rivers needs to humble himself and take his career seriously...

And what better way to do that than by joining a team that is stacked on the SG position and will most likely only use him for garbage minutes. I get that he can learn from CP3, Jamal, and even Reddick. However, it almost seems pitiful. He's going to be known as the guy who had to get daddy to save him. Remember when he kept talking about getting away from Doc Rivers and establishing his own name?

Randy West
01-16-2015, 01:12 PM
absolute power corrupts absolutely

From the looks of this deal Doc has final say in everything, does he not have anyone in the Clippers front office he has to bounce these ideas off of or get approval for?

If I were the new owner I might consider bringing someone like that in, looks like Doc needs a sitter.

Chronz
01-16-2015, 01:30 PM
absolute power corrupts absolutely

From the looks of this deal Doc has final say in everything, does he not have anyone in the Clippers front office he has to bounce these ideas off of or get approval for?

If I were the new owner I might consider bringing someone like that in, looks like Doc needs a sitter.

He bounces ideas off of yes men.

And I would love a sitter

D-Leethal
01-16-2015, 01:38 PM
I can't imagine this ends well lockeroom wise. What kind of message does that send the players? Especially if one of their fellow troops gets cut and loses his job for Docs kid?

Anyone watch the Wire? It reminds me of the extremely-unqualified Pryzbylewski getting assigned to the Barksdale detail because his father in law was the Police commish.

Definitely not good for locker room chemistry, on a squad that seems like they already had some issues in that regard.

Randy West
01-16-2015, 01:39 PM
He bounces ideas off of yes men.

And I would love a sitter

Well that's a bummer because from the outside looking in you would think this is a team that should be at or near the top in the West.

You always need a or should have a dissenting opinion or voice around. One that makes you think outside the ideas and thoughts you already have a predetermined outcome for in the brain.

Tony_Starks
01-16-2015, 01:49 PM

And what better way to do that than by joining a team that is stacked on the SG position and will most likely only use him for garbage minutes. I get that he can learn from CP3, Jamal, and even Reddick. However, it almost seems pitiful. He's going to be known as the guy who had to get daddy to save him. Remember when he kept talking about getting away from Doc Rivers and establishing his own name?

I think its a bad look.

Vinylman
01-16-2015, 02:29 PM
The funniest thing will be when he has to cut him...

Nothing will be sadder than a father giving up on his son

NYKnickFanatic
01-16-2015, 02:33 PM
Rivers is going to be like Damian and his father in Coach Carter.

I have faith.

Legitimate
01-17-2015, 12:22 AM
So the people wanted the paul pierce appreciation thread thrown into the wizards forum but this thread isn't thrown in the clippers forum? man big block buster trade, this kid is a damn scrub! haha

PHIN33
01-17-2015, 01:22 AM
...now if the clips can figure out how to get out of the 2nd round...

ewing
01-17-2015, 01:31 AM
i like Austin, I might be alone but i thought he came out way to early.

ewing
01-17-2015, 01:35 AM

even riddick? riddick is a hella smart player and undersized 2, who plays great off the ball, and needed to work his *** off improving himself to translate to NBA game.

kozelkid
01-17-2015, 06:18 PM
Well that's a bummer because from the outside looking in you would think this is a team that should be at or near the top in the West.

You always need a or should have a dissenting opinion or voice around. One that makes you think outside the ideas and thoughts you already have a predetermined outcome for in the brain.
At least Prez turned out to be quite talented for the niche he ended up being assigned to. Austin just straight up sucks.

Goose17
01-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Rivers is going to be like Damian and his father in Coach Carter. .

:laugh:

Chrisclover
01-19-2015, 10:51 AM
Eh, why not
1.Austin Rivers is mediocre.
2. Austin playing for his dad may be distracting for Doc. A dad may be partial to his son, wanting him to play more. And if that doesnt yield good outcome, Doc will take a lot of flak, which will affect the whole team.

Chrisclover
01-19-2015, 11:37 AM
The funniest thing will be when he has to cut him...

Nothing will be sadder than a father giving up on his son
Yea, but Doc may just want to take his chance.

Cracka2HI!
01-19-2015, 07:09 PM
So far Austin has sucked bad but his defense is a huge improvement over Farmar. If he weren't replacing such a bad player this would have been as bad of a move as people are making it out to be. It's really a move that is only gaining press because Austin is Doc's son. If his offense comes around he will be a decent upgrade over Farmar and that is all he was brought in to be.

Chrisclover
01-20-2015, 11:31 PM
So far Austin has sucked bad but his defense is a huge improvement over Farmar. If he weren't replacing such a bad player this would have been as bad of a move as people are making it out to be. It's really a move that is only gaining press because Austin is Doc's son. If his offense comes around he will be a decent upgrade over Farmar and that is all he was brought in to be.
lol.Last season when I watched a Pelicans game in which he scored like 24 points, I heard some people say that he had a bright future. It now turns out to be a future under the umbrella of his father, who is so busy building a contender around superstars CP3 and Griffin. I am just so curious to see if Austin can grow leaps and bounds in their Excellence Aura.

Cracka2HI!
01-21-2015, 04:21 AM
lol.Last season when I watched a Pelicans game in which he scored like 24 points, I heard some people say that he had a bright future. It now turns out to be a future under the umbrella of his father, who is so busy building a contender around superstars CP3 and Griffin. I am just so curious to see if Austin can grow leaps and bounds in their Excellence Aura.

I'll say this! That is a good post. You provide content yet dont overeact over a small move. I don't think I know anything and I have no stats. I will say this. Austin Rivers is a much better basketball player than the Clippers had with Farmar. I really like what Rivers does on defense.

xfhfuhy
01-21-2015, 11:59 AM
Who that chick in your sig thou? http://financenot.com/image/images/40.gifhttp://financenot.com/image/images/23.gif