PDA

View Full Version : Clippers got 25 PTS from their bench last night, all from J-Crossover

Chronz
01-15-2015, 02:30 PM
Dude was pulling some filthy moves but they arent shots that anyone makes with any sort of consistency come playoffs, had Crawford not been such a beast last night, this may have been the worst bench performance from an aspiring contender, ever.

I only bring this up because there seems to be a real disconnect between some NBA fans about how the Clippers have won over the years. Too often I hear some make claims about being DEEP!!
Yes, they USED to have a good bench. About 2 maybe 3 years ago you could have called it a decent strength. But IIRC, very few benches have been as unproductive as the Clippers bench has been the last few years. So people, plz understand, basketball isn't just about the play of 1 man, just because a team has a 6th man of the year candidate, doesn't make that team deep.

It really sucks seeing every other contender bolster its bench in some kind of way. Clippers have degraded the talent around the Big-3 every year.

Kashmir13579
01-15-2015, 02:35 PM
Crawford is a bad shot maker.. you need at least one of those guys to win, unless youre the spurs.

Sadds The Gr8
01-15-2015, 02:49 PM
Crawford is a bad shot maker.. you need at least one of those guys to win, unless youre the spurs.
Mavs and Miami didnt

goingfor28
01-15-2015, 02:55 PM
The Clippers top 6 is as good as anyone in the league, after that it's a huge drop off. Outside of Jamal the bench is a joke. Hawes has been a complete waste of the MLE.
Gonna have to make a few deals to strengthen the bench.

CluTcH_c1tY
01-15-2015, 03:32 PM
Really? I always like the Clippers bench. I bet they make a move come February.

Chronz
01-15-2015, 03:33 PM
Really? I always like the Clippers bench. I bet they make a move come February.

Do you like the Rox bench more this year or last?

CluTcH_c1tY
01-15-2015, 03:40 PM
Do you like the Rox bench more this year or last?
I like the Rockets bench a lot better this year. Although I don't know what's going to happen once Terrance Jones comes back. I love Pat Beverly but I feel like he should be coming off the bench. He's not going to get any better and struggles with some passes at times. Corey Brewer has been the best acquisition the Rockets have made besides Harden. He often brings the Rockets back when the starters dig themselves in a hole.

Bruno
01-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Chronz do you agree with Lowe and Simmons that the Clippers need to move him to bring in a starting caliber SF over barnes?

I agree that Doc the GM hasn't put together a proper core. How do you see this season unfolding?

Cracka2HI!
01-16-2015, 12:53 AM
Chronz do you agree with Lowe and Simmons that the Clippers need to move him to bring in a starting caliber SF over barnes?

I agree that Doc the GM hasn't put together a proper core. How do you see this season unfolding?

I agree with this, but honestly how can they? Jamal is the only trade piece left and I can see landing a proper SF. Since Doc loves downgrading in trades I'm sure he could find a taker. Problem is how can they trade the only player they have on the bench that can do anything? Barnes is actually doing fine at SF. If Doc were to trade Jamal in a trade that upgrades the team I'd be all for it. He has yet to make a move that has helped so I just want him to stop making moves and hire a real GM in the off-season to stop the bleeding.

Chronz
01-16-2015, 12:33 PM

I get why he thinks that but you dont trade him unless its for a legit upgrade and not some bs gamble. Ive heard them bring up trading DJ too.

D-Leethal
01-16-2015, 01:33 PM
Mavs and Miami didnt

I think Jason Terry qualified and Dirk can hit 30 foot fadeaways like no ones business...

Miami you are probably right, I think their equivalent of a bail out late-shot-clock shooter was LeBron drive and kick to the Battiers of the world.

Sadds The Gr8
01-16-2015, 01:36 PM
I think Jason Terry qualified and Dirk can hit 30 foot fadeaways like no ones business...

Miami you are probably right, I think their equivalent of a bail out late-shot-clock shooter was LeBron drive and kick to the Battiers of the world.
Meh....I don't think Terry should count in the Jamal Crawford/Jr Smith/Kobe territory of jacking shots. He was mainly just a spot-up and a pick and roll guy. Not really any iso's

D-Leethal
01-16-2015, 01:51 PM
Meh....I don't think Terry should count in the Jamal Crawford/Jr Smith/Kobe territory of jacking shots. He was mainly just a spot-up and a pick and roll guy. Not really any iso's

Fair enough - I still consider him a guy who can hit bad shots. And Dirk fits that bill completely. He is such an ace as a shooter on a Nash-like level but the guy takes his fair share of unmakeable shots (and makes them). Contested fadeaways, one legged step backs off the wrong foot, 30 foot rainbow 3s etc...

I agree with Kash that you really need a guy who can hit those. You obviously don't want them using those shots as their bed and butter, but you need a guy who can hit contested shots late in the shot clock with a defender glued to him.

Sadds The Gr8
01-16-2015, 01:54 PM
Fair enough - I still consider him a guy who can hit bad shots. And Dirk fits that bill completely. He is such an ace as a shooter on a Nash-like level but the guy takes his fair share of unmakeable shots (and makes them). Contested fadeaways, one legged step backs off the wrong foot, 30 foot rainbow 3s etc...

I agree with Kash that you really need a guy who can hit those. You obviously don't want them using those shots as their bed and butter, but you need a guy who can hit contested shots late in the shot clock with a defender glued to him.
Sure. If you don't have one of those amazing off.systems then you probably need one. My team has one (Derozan) and we started struggling w/o him the last 2 weeks.