PDA

View Full Version : Thompson turns down ______ blank amount , who does he think he is ?

Stunner
01-14-2015, 03:59 PM
@MySportsLegion: The Cavs offered Tristan Thompson a 4 year, $52 million contract extension. Thompson declined. (via Y!)

Ummmmmm I don't see him getting that anywhere

Goose17
01-14-2015, 04:03 PM
Maybe it isnt about the money. Maybe he really doesn't want to play there. Maybe they're all arseholes. Maybe he wants to play for a contender. Maybe he wants to be closer to family. Maybe he wants to blah blah blah.... There's a million options.

Stunner
01-14-2015, 04:14 PM
I'm guessing he's a Rap next year

mike_noodles
01-14-2015, 04:19 PM

Wouldn't that be something. Wouldn't surprise me, although he's restricted I believe, so he has no real leverage at this point.

FraziersKnicks
01-14-2015, 04:22 PM
$13m a year?! :laugh2:

pebloemer
01-14-2015, 04:26 PM
Maybe he wants to align his free agency for when the cap takes a big jump in 2016.

WITZ
01-14-2015, 04:33 PM
Cya let someone else overpay him save the cavs the trouble.

JustinTime
01-14-2015, 04:43 PM
@MySportsLegion: The Cavs offered Tristan Thompson a 4 year, $52 million contract extension. Thompson declined. (via Y!)

Ummmmmm I don't see him getting that anywhere

He's Canadian he'll end up in Toronto as Amir Johnson's replacement for way less.

JustinTime
01-14-2015, 04:44 PM
Wouldn't that be something. Wouldn't surprise me, although he's restricted I believe, so he has no real leverage at this point.

Amir and Bruno for TT.

Htownballa1622
01-14-2015, 04:44 PM
I bet he thinks he can get a max.

Guys like parsons/g. Hayward getting it. He probably thinks why not him?

yungincome
01-14-2015, 04:55 PM
:facepalm:

Bostonjorge
01-14-2015, 05:07 PM
I'm guessing a certain teammate must of pushed him.

dtmagnet
01-14-2015, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't want him on the Raptors if thats what he's looking for.

JustinTime
01-14-2015, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't want him on the Raptors if thats what he's looking for.

If he worked on his FT's and came cheap I'd take him why not? Raptors can't rebound for their lives and he's one of the best at the PF. I'm not a huge fan of his but he'd be a good upgrade over Amir who's always injured.

GCT
01-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Maybe it isnt about the money. Maybe he really doesn't want to play there. Maybe they're all arseholes. Maybe he wants to play for a contender. Maybe he wants to be closer to family. Maybe he wants to blah blah blah.... There's a million options.

This. Or else he's an idiot who's not worth this money.

JEDean89
01-14-2015, 07:30 PM
wow, the cavs really want to pay 33 mil for PF's, 15 for C's, 20 for their SF and 15 for their PG? Thats 83 mil for 6 guys. and wow, tristan thompson is a ****ing idiot. Faried and Favors didn't even get that much, now way he gets even close to that in FA. He doesn't play defense, he can't protect the rim, he can't create his own shot and he is only a decent rebounder. his raw stats aren't aynthing special, dude is worth 6-8 tops in the market. raps are a good fit, kings might be to, he will have suitors but no one will dig deep for this guy. he also hasn't really improved since coming into the league, that is concerning.

Cal827
01-14-2015, 07:45 PM
:laugh2: Well he isn't getting anywhere near that this offseason. Would've been hilarious (well for everyone but Cav fans) if he signed that deal.

WITZ
01-14-2015, 07:48 PM
:laugh2: Well he isn't getting anywhere near that this offseason. Would've been hilarious (well for everyone but Cav fans) if he signed that deal.

Cavs were dumb to offer that ,TT is even dumber for turning it down :laugh2:

Cal827
01-14-2015, 07:58 PM

It amazing to know that Kyle Lowry, who is having a fantastic year, will make the all-star game and might even get a few MVP votes (probably not 1, but still lol) signed a deal that was worth less than what Thompson just rejected.

Thompson went full Sprewell on this one.

bucketss
01-14-2015, 08:18 PM
Amir and Bruno for TT.

or wait till the summer and keep bruno, and resign amir for cheap.

BALLER R
01-14-2015, 08:34 PM
Wonder if the cavs could give me 500k just to wipe the floors. They seem to love throwing money around.

KnicksorBust
01-14-2015, 09:08 PM

Seriously. I wonder if the Varejao injury added a few million to that offer...

Raps18-19 Champ
01-14-2015, 09:27 PM
He wanted Favors money. He won't even get that same offer though.

LanceUpperCut
01-14-2015, 09:55 PM
I love TT as a bench role possible a starting role if you have a dominate offensive C but turning down 13 million is nuts I'd say 10 a year would be the max the kid should get.

LakersIn5
01-14-2015, 11:38 PM
Alot of haters without even knowing his reasons. Maybe he doesnt want to play in cleveland

Cal827
01-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Alot of haters without even knowing his reasons. Maybe he doesnt want to play in cleveland

True, but that's a hell of a lot of money to let pass. That's what we're debating. To me Thompson might be a little better than Amir Johnson (who's on the end of a 5 year roughly 34 million deal). It's hard for me to think that any team is gonna offer around even 10 million, knowing that he would be a back-up PF on the majority of NBA teams right now. For many of those teams, they would look to the draft to draft a PF who fits their system for a hell of a lot cheaper.

He doesn't really do anything extremely special that would separate him from the flux of usual power forwards on the market. The main reason he's getting mins at C is because Cleveland is small, he probably has no business there. It also doesn't help that his team is absolutely horrible defensively. Most teams will look at some of the other guys, but he will likely not be completely absolved of responsibility.

I worry for him, cause he might end up having to take a low ball contract (E.g. Ed Davis), on his next team. At least if he accepted the 4/52, he would be financially set, then see where he can fit on the Cavs. If it doesn't work out, I'm sure they would've traded him.

It's amazing when you think of the other contracts extensions that were lower than this one. Steph Curry, Demar Derozan, Drue Holiday... then there are some from the next year.

:facepalm:

dhopisthename
01-15-2015, 12:41 AM
He wanted Favors money. He won't even get that same offer though.

Derrick Favors contract: Jazz forward agrees to 4-year, $49 million

he was offered more money when favors put up better stats.

JustinTime
01-15-2015, 12:54 AM
or wait till the summer and keep bruno, and resign amir for cheap.

He's restricted I doubt the Cavs let him walk. He'd be nice to have for Toronto playoff run too since they are awful on the boards.

FlashBolt
01-15-2015, 01:52 AM
Ehhh.. Cavs don't really need him because he's not great at defense. $13 mil was more than enough. Even with the expected salary boost, I don't see him making $13 mil.

basketfan4life
01-15-2015, 04:24 AM

His agent is lebrons agent actually he is with lebrons agency. The moment lbj signed with the cavs everybody were telling TT will be overpaid. LBJ is running that team.

Sadds The Gr8
01-15-2015, 04:37 AM
God no