PDA

View Full Version : MCW on the market

Stunner
01-14-2015, 03:56 PM
@MySportsLegion: Michael Carter-Williams is reportedly available in the trade market. 76ers have had talks with multiple teams about a potential deal. (ESPN)

dodgersuck
01-14-2015, 04:18 PM
I'd be all for trading him, especially if we could get a first or a shooter.

FraziersKnicks
01-14-2015, 04:36 PM
As I have previously stated, dude is garbage.

Out of 145 players who have played at least 850 minutes so far this season (about 24 minutes per game) he has the worst WS/48 in the NBA at -0.045.

He actually helps his team lose.

15/6/7 looks nice but on 38/24/64 shooting and 4.4 turnovers a game :puke:

Statistically speaking he is the worst starting PG in the league. The Sixers can obviously see it but why would they sell so low?

cmellofan15
01-14-2015, 04:45 PM
he has been garbage so far, but I don't think it's out of the question to believe that he will improve with a change in scenery. dude was given the keys to the worst team in the league as a rookie and tried to do it all. I think him moving literally anywhere outside of Philly with a lightened work load will help him tremendously. I'd gamble on him if I were a team like Orlando

Hawkeye15
01-14-2015, 04:46 PM
one of the weaker ROY's I can remember, just doesn't look like a building block, instead, perhaps a role player down the line.

D-Leethal
01-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Somebody has their eyes on Mudiay.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
01-14-2015, 04:50 PM
He's probably been on the market since he was drafted lol.

5ass
01-14-2015, 05:02 PM
he has been garbage so far, but I don't think it's out of the question to believe that he will improve with a change in scenery. dude was given the keys to the worst team in the league as a rookie and tried to do it all. I think him moving literally anywhere outside of Philly with a lightened work load will help him tremendously. I'd gamble on him if I were a team like Orlando
Elfrid payton

FraziersKnicks
01-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Somebody has their eyes on Mudiay.

That's what I'm thinking. If the Sixers get the #1 pick surely they can't take Okafor without trading one of Noel or Embiid. I think out of the trio of MCW, Noel and Embiid, they value MCW the least which could be beneficial for the Knicks.

If we end up with the #2 pick behind the Sixers you've gotta think they're gonna take Mudiay which would mean Okafor would drop.

BKdoubleStacker
01-14-2015, 05:13 PM
He is trash

Wade n Fade
01-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Well, if Miami can get MCW for cheap by trading the limited assets we have, I would be all for it. If Luol Deng + Birdman + Cole and draft pick gets MCW + contract fillers, that works for me.

More-Than-Most
01-14-2015, 05:15 PM
I really hope we move him quickly

2-ONE-5
01-14-2015, 05:21 PM
That's what I'm thinking. If the Sixers get the #1 pick surely they can't take Okafor without trading one of Noel or Embiid. I think out of the trio of MCW, Noel and Embiid, they value MCW the least which could be beneficial for the Knicks.

If we end up with the #2 pick behind the Sixers you've gotta think they're gonna take Mudiay which would mean Okafor would drop.

no Okafor would be taken first by us.

2-ONE-5
01-14-2015, 05:24 PM
oh and the people saying he is trash need to watch him play and realzie what he is working with. If i can find it ill post it but Grantland did a in-depth article explaining the defensive attention MCW gets and things like that. What young PG isnt going to turn it over a lot when the D is just keying in on him every night for 2 years? We have no floor spacers outside of Covington who has only been here for 21 games so teams jsut collapse on MCW. The offseason injury hurt his developemtn bcuz he couldnt work on his shot so thats something that HAS to show iprovment next year and he deserves that much

2-ONE-5
01-14-2015, 05:27 PM
Well, if Miami can get MCW for cheap by trading the limited assets we have, I would be all for it. If Luol Deng + Birdman + Cole and draft pick gets MCW + contract fillers, that works for me.

if there is one team not getting MCW from us its Miami. MCW puts keeps you in the playoffs and we cant have that

GiantsSwaGG
01-14-2015, 05:32 PM
MCW is trash

smith&wesson
01-14-2015, 05:39 PM
Maybe his poor play is the result of playing for a team who has pretty much been tanking and has had a losing culture since he was drafted :shrug:

smith&wesson
01-14-2015, 05:39 PM
76ers are like a revolving door with their drafted players...

2-ONE-5
01-14-2015, 05:40 PM
76ers are like a revolving door with their drafted players...

how so?

dalton749
01-14-2015, 06:11 PM
Bucks or pacers would probably be best fit

Max.This
01-14-2015, 06:30 PM
Only a handful of teams in this league need a starting pg and a few of them (Knicks, Lakers) are lottery teams that are better off keeping their picks. I can see Houston trying to make a play it remains to be seen what sixers asking price is

JasonJohnHorn
01-14-2015, 06:54 PM
Hasn't he been on the market since the end of last season?

bleedprple&gold
01-14-2015, 07:05 PM
Lol Sixers win 3 of 5 games and one of their best players is back on the market. Way too much winning lately, they can't have that...

SeoulBeatz
01-14-2015, 07:27 PM
MCW sure has struggled this season but a change of scenery would certainly help him.

He's a pass first PG leading the team in FG attempts (where scoring is his weakest skill).

He's a good defender, good rebounder with his size, and can distribute the ball, but with a team that ranks 30th in FG% and 3pt% he's not in an environment that suits his skillset.

I can't see him netting more than a pick lower than #25 at this point though, so I'm not sure what kind of deal Hinkie wants to make.

Wroten has outplayed him this season though (he's a better scorer) so I can see why management thinks MCW's expendable.

Kaner
01-14-2015, 07:54 PM
Have only seen 1 76ers game this season but going off of that and the stats it's not surprising. Mcdaniels and Wroten are both probably better right now and are players that I can see contributing to a winning team. Wouldn't say the same about MCW.

IKnowHoops
01-15-2015, 12:03 AM
how so?

Not that I agree, but I remember I loved Stackhouse out of college, then you got IVO. Two young athletic studs and you got rid of stack house soon after getting IVO. Should of developed that IMO.

IKnowHoops
01-15-2015, 12:04 AM
Cavs need a backup PG in the worst way.

bucketss
01-15-2015, 12:26 AM
he looked pretty good tonight

DarkKnight
01-15-2015, 12:30 AM
MCW is trash

Yup pure crap

bucketss
01-15-2015, 12:32 AM
hopefully he dosn't turn into another devin harris.

5ass
01-15-2015, 12:47 AM
I know Philly fans are going to call me a hater again, but this is what I meant when I said hinkie is playing poker. Theres more to building a team than trading chips and playing the odds.
That being said, we don't know if he's actually on the market. Also, MCW is not trash. He can be a very good player.

2-ONE-5
01-15-2015, 10:00 AM
Not that I agree, but I remember I loved Stackhouse out of college, then you got IVO. Two young athletic studs and you got rid of stack house soon after getting IVO. Should of developed that IMO.

lol how many years, owners, and front offcies ago was that??

2-ONE-5
01-15-2015, 10:02 AM
I know Philly fans are going to call me a hater again, but this is what I meant when I said hinkie is playing poker. Theres more to building a team than trading chips and playing the odds.
That being said, we don't know if he's actually on the market. Also, MCW is not trash. He can be a very good player.

i highly doubt he is going anywhere. i think its more to start to guage his value around the league since he is eligible for his extension next year. The Sixers and our fans know we are in the middle of a long rebuild that takes patience and now all of the sudden everyone is in a rush and over-analyzing every little thing without taking everything around the team into account. Not every young PG can walk into a Damien Lillard type situation.

IndyRealist
01-15-2015, 11:54 AM

That's the exact same thing people said about Houston and Morey. Except now they've built a contender and no one wants to be reminded they criticized him.

nickdymez
01-15-2015, 11:54 AM
Everyone here saying he's garbage because his advanced stats, yet he won roty. Shows no one gives a **** about "WS"

nycericanguy
01-15-2015, 12:11 PM
Everyone here saying he's garbage because his advanced stats, yet he won roty. Shows no one gives a **** about "WS"

and stepth curry didn't make the all star team last year, who cares what these voters say...

MCW isn't garbage because of "WS", he's garbage because he shoots horribly from EVERYWHERE and turns it over a ton.

he's young and has potential, but the guy is shooting 37%, 23% from 3 and 63% from the line, what part of that isn't awful? he's probably the worst shooting guard player in the entire league.

king4day
01-15-2015, 12:26 PM
Suns could use a distributer. Is he that good of a passer?
What would Philly want for him?

2-ONE-5
01-15-2015, 01:04 PM
hes not getting moved, not going to get equal value back.

SeoulBeatz
01-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Suns could use a distributer. Is he that good of a passer?
What would Philly want for him?

Lol I highly doubt Phoenix wants ANOTHER PG. Dragic should be just fine for you guys.

Apparently the asking price is 2 firsts, which is insane, so my guess is he'll be in Philly next year. They're going to wait to see how he plays with Embiid and this years 1st and probably pick whoever's playing better between him and Wroten.

Scoots
01-15-2015, 01:47 PM
I was hearing about MCW on the block half way through his rookie year. He seems like a guy who scores well on a bad team.

Hawkeye15
01-15-2015, 01:54 PM
That's the exact same thing people said about Houston and Morey. Except now they've built a contender and no one wants to be reminded they criticized him.

HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE difference though. Morey was not given the permission to tank the **** out of 3 seasons, he was told to keep the team as competitive as possible. Much harder building a contender when you pick 14th every year in the 1st round.

Hawkeye15
01-15-2015, 01:56 PM

in a pathetic rookie class (as for rookie seasons go). All rookies were basically garbage last year.

futureman
01-15-2015, 02:02 PM
Well, they gave Turner and Hawes away for second round picks. I'm sure they will do the same for MCW. I will be Generous and give them the GSW unprotected first rounder that will be #30 in 2017.

Scoots
01-15-2015, 02:05 PM
Tyreke Evans won ROTY over Steph Curry. Referencing ROTY as a proof of anything is flawed.

2-ONE-5
01-15-2015, 02:17 PM
Well, they gave Turner and Hawes away for second round picks. I'm sure they will do the same for MCW. I will be Generous and give them the GSW unprotected first rounder that will be #30 in 2017.

lol good logic

IKnowHoops
01-15-2015, 03:21 PM
hopefully he dosn't turn into another devin harris.

haha, they look alike.

2-ONE-5
01-15-2015, 04:00 PM
in a pathetic rookie class (as for rookie seasons go). All rookies were basically garbage last year.

he would have won it in most classes, it had nothing to do with it being a weak class.

MCW: 17ppg/6ast/6reb1.9stl and 40.5 shooting
James: 21ppg/5ast/6reb/1.6 stl on 41.7 shooting

Hawkeye15
01-15-2015, 04:13 PM
he would have won it in most classes, it had nothing to do with it being a weak class.

MCW: 17ppg/6ast/6reb1.9stl and 40.5 shooting
James: 21ppg/5ast/6reb/1.6 stl on 41.7 shooting

the part that bugs me about ROY voting, is they just use points, and don't look at any other context. Almost no rookie helps their team win, no matter how good they are.

The rookie class was bad last year.

2-ONE-5
01-15-2015, 05:13 PM
the best rookies typically play for the worst teams. Im not arguing that the rookie class was bad im saying that MCW and his numbers win ROY in the majority of the seasons prior to last.

bucketss
01-15-2015, 05:29 PM

and tyreke evans won rookie of the year, dropping 20 5 5, whats ur point tho.

northpass523
01-15-2015, 07:58 PM
Carter-Williams has been in an awful situation in Philly. A smart team should take a chance on him, because he has talent. He shouldn't be the go-to guy obviously, but he is a good player. Get him in a good environment for a few years and watch him blossom. I would be very down with him joining my favorite team.

Crackadalic
01-15-2015, 08:20 PM
I don't think its fair to judge until he is on a good team. He isn't a 1st or even a 2nd option. Most likely 3rd/4th.

SeoulBeatz
01-15-2015, 08:28 PM
I don't think its fair to judge until he is on a good team. He isn't a 1st or even a 2nd option. Most likely 3rd/4th.

My sentiments exactly.

He's terrible at shooting the ball, there's no questioning that, but he's also being forced into a role that doesn't suit him.

I'd like to see how he'd fare on a team that wasn't dead last in EVERY shooting category. Not easy to rack up assists when Robert Covington is your best (and only) shooter.

There's no other team in the league where MCW would be a #1 scoring option, but on the Sixer's he has to be that guy and frankly, he just isn't.

He's best suited as a pass first PG and 4th to 5th scoring option. Surrounded by better talent, he'd stop forcing drives (which leads to his immense amount of turnovers) and focus on D (which he's pretty damn good at) and feeding his teammates.

There's no doubt he can play in this league but I'd like to see how he plays on next years Sixer's roster when we'll have Embiid, Saric, and our 1st round pick. If he fails to play more efficient ball at that point then it's completely fair to write him off.

colinskik
01-15-2015, 09:45 PM
My sentiments exactly.

He's terrible at shooting the ball, there's no questioning that, but he's also being forced into a role that doesn't suit him.

I'd like to see how he'd fare on a team that wasn't dead last in EVERY shooting category. Not easy to rack up assists when Robert Covington is your best (and only) shooter.

There's no other team in the league where MCW would be a #1 scoring option, but on the Sixer's he has to be that guy and frankly, he just isn't.

He's best suited as a pass first PG and 4th to 5th scoring option. Surrounded by better talent, he'd stop forcing drives (which leads to his immense amount of turnovers) and focus on D (which he's pretty damn good at) and feeding his teammates.

There's no doubt he can play in this league but I'd like to see how he plays on next years Sixer's roster when we'll have Embiid, Saric, and our 1st round pick. If he fails to play more efficient ball at that point then it's completely fair to write him off.

THat's why I'm surprised they don't wait on him and surround him with some shooters/Embiid. He's proven he's a good pg minus the shooting. So spend some money already and get some shooters!

I just find it strange they want to give up on him, going back to last year. But hey, I don't watch many Philly games so maybe he truly is trash?

IversonIsKrazy
01-15-2015, 09:59 PM
MCW is not trash r u kdding me??? Kids what, in his his 3rd season coming off an injured off-season. He has shown flashes where he can compete at a high-level. If they trade him, I hope he goes to an environment in which he can actually excel in and isn't about losing. Love to see him excel

5ass
01-15-2015, 10:23 PM

True.

5ass
01-15-2015, 10:24 PM
HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE difference though. Morey was not given the permission to tank the **** out of 3 seasons, he was told to keep the team as competitive as possible. Much harder building a contender when you pick 14th every year in the 1st round.

Also true.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-16-2015, 12:25 PM
Bucks or pacers would probably be best fit

As a Bucks fan I wouldn't offer up much. Maybe the Clippers 2017 first rounder. But it has protection which becomes like 1 or 2 second rounder's down the road.

FlashBolt
01-16-2015, 12:32 PM
MCW stats it up like Rondo and has no offensive game like Rondo. Dude would shine on a team that doesn't require him to do the scoring. He's 6"5-6"6 with a PG mentality. You can't teach that. Someone should take a chance with him.

Brock17
01-17-2015, 01:04 AM
******** report. Mcw is not being traded. For all these garbage fans who can't do a damn thing if mcw is garbage then what are you? You sit your ***** on the keyboard acting like you've accomplished something other than tripling your stomach and neck sizes.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-17-2015, 09:04 AM

Giannis says hi. Re-draft Giannis goes #1.

FraziersKnicks
01-17-2015, 09:24 AM

Debatable

Stunner
01-17-2015, 09:41 AM

Oladipo
Mclemore
Giannis
Mason
MCW
Burke
Noel
Dieng
Gobert
Zeller
Adams
Schroder
Muhammad
Olynyk
Hill
Pope
Len
Hardaway Jr
McCollum
Larkin
Canaan
McCallum
Roberson
Bullock
Snell
Ennis

2-ONE-5
01-17-2015, 11:14 AM

bull ****

xcghjh
01-17-2015, 12:12 PM
He's probably been on the market since he was drafted lol. http://ehealthca.com/ipad/images/123.gif http://ehealthca.com/hu12uk1.jpg

SeoulBeatz
01-17-2015, 12:32 PM
Oladipo
Mclemore
Giannis
Mason
MCW
Burke
Noel
Dieng
Gobert
Zeller
Adams
Schroder
Muhammad
Olynyk
Hill
Pope
Len
Hardaway Jr
McCollum
Larkin
Canaan
McCallum
Roberson
Bullock
Snell
Ennis

Oladipo
Giannis
Plumlee
Noel
MCW
Burke
Gobert
Schroeder
Adams
Olynyk
Mclemore
Dieng

Those would be my lottery picks based on potential/production thus far.

Goose17
01-18-2015, 04:34 PM
You're both underrating Dieng.

Stunner
01-18-2015, 06:10 PM
You're both underrating Dieng.

How you figure that ? I have him ranked going in the top 10 in a re draft ?

kobe4thewinbang
01-18-2015, 08:52 PM
Lakers should resume interest. If he wants to win, philly ain't the place for a few seasons.

FraziersKnicks
01-18-2015, 08:55 PM
Lakers should resume interest. If he wants to win, philly ain't the place for a few seasons.

You say that as if Lakers are gonna be in title contention any time soon?

kobe4thewinbang
01-18-2015, 09:34 PM
You say that as if Lakers are gonna be in title contention any time soon?MCW would certainly help speed up things and he's surely better than anyone they currently have. Plus, he clearly doesn't dig the tanki--I mean, losing culture of the new 76ers. Lakers have a good pick by the look of things and then Kobe wouldn't have to play PG since MCW would be having triple doubles again.

Brock17
01-19-2015, 12:55 AM
MCW would certainly help speed up things and he's surely better than anyone they currently have. Plus, he clearly doesn't dig the tanki--I mean, losing culture of the new 76ers. Lakers have a good pick by the look of things and then Kobe wouldn't have to play PG since MCW would be having triple doubles again.

What the hell are you talking about mcw is enjoying his teammates and coaches. Him and noel has formed great chemistry and they been playing together since the 6th grade they are best friends who ended up on the same team. The Lakers will be garbage longer than pills because we have more young talent and Draft picks. Sorry but mcw is not going anywhere.

kobe4thewinbang
01-20-2015, 09:58 PM
What the hell are you talking about mcw is enjoying his teammates and coaches. Him and noel has formed great chemistry and they been playing together since the 6th grade they are best friends who ended up on the same team. The Lakers will be garbage longer than pills because we have more young talent and Draft picks. Sorry but mcw is not going anywhere.I'm sure he would like winning more than playing with his best buddies.

SMH!
01-20-2015, 10:10 PM
I'm sure he would like winning more than playing with his best buddies.

because lakers are winning a lot?

IKnowHoops
01-20-2015, 10:54 PM
Cavs are in need of a backup PG. This would be an awesome pickup for them if they could get him. He's got the ability and the skills. He'd be a great piece for them. They could use Nerlens too if he's available.

5ass
01-20-2015, 11:23 PM
Cavs are in need of a backup PG. This would be an awesome pickup for them if they could get him. He's got the ability and the skills. He'd be a great piece for them. They could use Nerlens too if he's available.

The Cavs don't have the assets to get MCW, let alone both him and noel.

Brock17
01-20-2015, 11:28 PM
I'm sure he would like winning more than playing with his best buddies.

You do realize the Lakers record is just as bad as the sixers? And the sixers actually have more talent and more Draft picks and more money to spend. So what are you talking about?

Brock17
01-20-2015, 11:29 PM

Keep dreaming.

IKnowHoops
01-20-2015, 11:46 PM
The Cavs don't have the assets to get MCW, let alone both him and noel.

Wasn't sure how far the Sixers tank went. They have shown to give players away to make sure that there record stays awful. Which is a smart move for them in my opinion. Im not hating on it. But if they don't believe in MCW or just want to get the next up and coming PG, maybe they would be willing to just dump him. But yeah I agree, if they want market value, the Cavs have no shot at acquiring either.

IKnowHoops
01-20-2015, 11:47 PM
Keep dreaming.

True true true.

Alayla
01-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Ok people from both sides are being unreasonable here. To sixers fans yes MCW is being shopped and you need to accept that. He has clear flaws and is not as good relative to the average point in the NBA today as you think he is.

On the other side this is not a fire sale your not getting MCW Free or for some borderline D leaguers and some 2nds. As far as Noel with how he has been playing barring us drafting Okafor or Towns soon you simply wont see him on the market unless you massively overpay.

IKnowHoops
01-21-2015, 12:35 AM
Ok people from both sides are being unreasonable here. To sixers fans yes MCW is being shopped and you need to accept that. He has clear flaws and is not as good relative to the average point in the NBA today as you think he is.

On the other side this is not a fire sale your not getting MCW Free or for some borderline D leaguers and some 2nds. As far as Noel with how he has been playing barring us drafting Okafor or Towns soon you simply wont see him on the market unless you massively overpay.

Gotcha, and knowing Okafor was coming was the only reason I even mentioned Noel.

2-ONE-5
01-21-2015, 10:07 AM

lol stop

xfhfuhy
01-21-2015, 11:57 AM
Well, if Miami can get MCW for cheap by trading the limited assets we have, I would be all for it. If Luol Deng + Birdman + Cole and draft pick gets MCW + contract fillers, that works for me. http://financenot.com/image/images/40.gifhttp://financenot.com/image/images/23.gif