PDA

View Full Version : If you Combined the Lakers and Knicks Roster, Would You Have a Good Team?

swanekj
01-14-2015, 01:34 PM

Please consider, if only in good humor. I'd see a lot of guys never playing more than 19 minutes a game, but with that as a good thing...

goingfor28
01-14-2015, 02:05 PM
Kobe and Melo together would be a chuck fest

NYKnickFanatic
01-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Imagine before JR was traded.

Kobe
Melo
Swaggy P
JR

Corey
01-14-2015, 03:28 PM
Honestly, probably a pretty decent team. AWFUL defensively though.

Calderon - Lin - Price
Kobe - JR Smith (pre-trade)
Carmelo - Swaggy P
Ed Davis - Boozer - Amare
Jordan Hill - Aldrich - Black

TylerSL
01-14-2015, 03:50 PM
I'm assuming we are putting the best players on both teams and making a roster, and if that is the case they could be more competitive than either of these teams have been. IMO this is what they would be

PG: Jose Calderon/Jeremy Lin/Shane Larkin
SG: Kobe Bryant/Tim Hardaway Jr/Wayne Ellington
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Nick Young/Wesley Johnson
PF. Amare Stoudemire/Carlos Boozer/Ed Davis
C. Jordan Hill/Andrea Bargnani/Cole Aldrich

That makes 7 Knicks and 8 Lakers and while this team would put a lot of points, this would probably be the worst defensive team in basketball considering the Lakers and Knicks are currently 28 and 29 respectively in defensive efficiency. Because of that I cannot see even this team making the postseason in either conference. While this team would be a vast improvement over the 5-35 Knicks and 12-27 Lakers, the best I could see this team doing would be around 34-48.

Note-Due to injuries I kept Steve Nash and Julius Randle off the list

LAKERS4LIFE!!
01-14-2015, 04:01 PM
In the East they would probably be 5-8 in the playoffs

swanekj
01-14-2015, 05:40 PM
I'm assuming we are putting the best players on both teams and making a roster, and if that is the case they could be more competitive than either of these teams have been. IMO this is what they would be

PG: Jose Calderon/Jeremy Lin/Shane Larkin
SG: Kobe Bryant/Tim Hardaway Jr/Wayne Ellington
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Nick Young/Wesley Johnson
PF. Amare Stoudemire/Carlos Boozer/Ed Davis
C. Jordan Hill/Andrea Bargnani/Cole Aldrich

That makes 7 Knicks and 8 Lakers and while this team would put a lot of points, this would probably be the worst defensive team in basketball considering the Lakers and Knicks are currently 28 and 29 respectively in defensive efficiency. Because of that I cannot see even this team making the postseason in either conference. While this team would be a vast improvement over the 5-35 Knicks and 12-27 Lakers, the best I could see this team doing would be around 34-48.

Note-Due to injuries I kept Steve Nash and Julius Randle off the list

Would definitely be more entertaining to watch than the two present teams, who appear to be playing Flag Basketball.

lakerboy
01-14-2015, 07:05 PM
In the East they would probably be 5-8 in the playoffs

this

TylerSL
01-14-2015, 08:12 PM

Would definitely be more entertaining to watch than the two present teams, who appear to be playing Flag Basketball.

I agree it probably would be one of the funnest teams to watch, and Kobe would be super competitive with Melo I'm sure. On any given night this team would lose a game 118-130. Points would come in no small feats.