PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James getting aggressive with David Blatt

Deception
01-14-2015, 01:53 AM
https://vine.co/v/ODjKdzzDMnO
What do you guys think of it? Truthfully, no matter which player it may be, pushing your coach is disrespectful, especially with the fact that it was on national television, can't be good for his public view

nickdymez
01-14-2015, 01:55 AM
Because lebron james, espn, the nba, and psd made the nba a joke. Lebron is like some god amongst men. Nevermind his terrible finals winning percentage.

nickdymez
01-14-2015, 01:56 AM
I honestly think Lebron could pull his dick out and piss at half court and half of PSD would praise him for how skilled he is at pissin.

tredigs
01-14-2015, 02:12 AM
Pretty rude. That's a small, but cancerous move to be honest. Right in front of their bench, too. Cavs need to get rid of Blatt asap if Lebron is going to openly disrespect him both with his words and now his actions.

goingfor28
01-14-2015, 02:16 AM
Saw that. Rude as hell, Blatt should've slapped him

unleashthebeast
01-14-2015, 02:20 AM
Is ESPN showing this? ESPN freaked out when Bron bumped into coach Spo in Miami, so I'm guessing this will get a lot of publicity as well.

tredigs
01-14-2015, 02:21 AM
It got picked up by SI/Deadspin/ViceSports, etc and is the #1 trending topic on facebook. It definitely went noticed.

Bostonjorge
01-14-2015, 02:23 AM
I'm just starting to not like lebron.

Big Zo
01-14-2015, 02:27 AM
"Get over there, and get me some Powerade, *****!"

Teeboy1487
01-14-2015, 02:38 AM
"Get over there, and get me some Powerade, *****!":laugh:

LAKERS4LIFE!!
01-14-2015, 02:43 AM
Honestly don't think much of this but Lebron is really dumb when it comes to him giving people reasons to dislike him. He should know that the media is going to blow this up so he shouldn't do something "disrespectful" like this.

LA_Raiders
01-14-2015, 02:43 AM
Lol, the team is a mess

Goose17
01-14-2015, 02:58 AM
He should be suspended from the team. No joke. Cousins was suspended for less. I don't care if he's a superstar.

Goose17
01-14-2015, 03:00 AM
I'm just starting to not like lebron.

I agree.

IndyRealist
01-14-2015, 03:04 AM
Having seen just the clip, I thought it looked like Lebron was pushing him to the sideline so he wouldn't get a tech for being on the court. It look like both Lebron and Blatt were focused on the ref, not eachother.

WOwolfOL
01-14-2015, 03:15 AM
They cool like that already

DaBear
01-14-2015, 03:16 AM
LeBron is a selfish dick. Nothing new.

DaBear
01-14-2015, 03:17 AM
Is ESPN showing this? ESPN freaked out when Bron bumped into coach Spo in Miami, so I'm guessing this will get a lot of publicity as well.

Oh yeah, it was just a friendly push. Happens all the time. :rolleyes:

jerellh528
01-14-2015, 03:20 AM
Lebron is a cancer, he's not good enough anymore to be acting like this. Not even Bynum has physically assaulted his head coach

jerellh528
01-14-2015, 03:21 AM
I would absolutely love for one of his leboners to defend this action by the cancer

kingsdelez24
01-14-2015, 03:26 AM
"Man, Lebrunt is such a lecoward! My grandmother could have pushed Blatt harder. Fukin ledickriders"

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-14-2015, 03:30 AM
Glad to see everyone one start coming around to how I've felt about him for years. Lebron is a clown.

Sneaky
01-14-2015, 03:31 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Et30IRi.png

Ariza's Better
01-14-2015, 03:40 AM
Because lebron james, espn, the nba, and psd made the nba a joke. Lebron is like some god amongst men. Nevermind his terrible finals winning percentage.
Wow, PSD has that much pull that it make the NBA a joke. If that's true I'm challenging Adam Silver to be the commissioner.

Honestly don't think much of this but Lebron is really dumb when it comes to him giving people reasons to dislike him. He should know that the media is going to blow this up so he shouldn't do something "disrespectful" like this.
This all the way.

Hangin n Wangin
01-14-2015, 03:44 AM
Waiting for Hawykeye to come in and give an excuse for this action and then say that Lebron is just motivating the team. Not only that, but by pushing his coach, Lebron moves further up his all time players list.

jerellh528
01-14-2015, 04:08 AM
Waiting for Hawykeye to come in and give an excuse for this action and then say that Lebron is just motivating the team. Not only that, but by pushing his coach, Lebron moves further up his all time players list.

Lol it's not so much hawkeye, but I definately get what you're saying. The Lebron enthusiasts are extremely dedicated that's for sure, he can do no wrong in their eyes

LakersIn5
01-14-2015, 04:15 AM
Blatt sucks anyway

Hangin n Wangin
01-14-2015, 04:26 AM
Blatt sucks anyway

Blatt could very well suck huge, vainy, cooked dong for dinner. That still doesn't give any player the right to shove his head coach. That's downright disrespectful.

R. Johnson#3
01-14-2015, 07:52 AM
He can do whatever he wants. He's already the GM and the President of the team. All that's left is for him to be coaching too.

goingfor28
01-14-2015, 08:24 AM
Wow, PSD has that much pull that it make the NBA a joke. If that's true I'm challenging Adam Silver to be the commissioner.

:laugh2: well played

Cal827
01-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Should be suspended for a few games. You don't push your coach. Regardless of who it is.

PurpleLynch
01-14-2015, 09:26 AM
What the ****? Is Lebron completely dumb?

Ron Pearlman
01-14-2015, 09:28 AM
I no longer like Lebron. Which is easy for me to say, I realize now that his team is kind of garbage. But wtf?

Cleveland needs to remove him and find a coach who can handle this situation.

Chronz
01-14-2015, 11:37 AM
Not seeing the big deal. You guys cant be this sensitive. Man the twitter world would have ate up the 90's.

lincecum=future
01-14-2015, 11:40 AM
Talk about an over reaction. He barely nudged him. Then again people just love talking about every little thing Lebron does. Give it a break.

Ron Pearlman
01-14-2015, 11:41 AM
What? He completely demeaned his coach on live television.

You two are in denial, I have supported Lebron for his entire career. That was an arrogant punk move. Blatt isn't senile, he doesn't need to be put in his place by players.

Chrisclover
01-14-2015, 11:46 AM
Lebron shouldnt have done that. Let Bratt get a T.

lincecum=future
01-14-2015, 12:09 PM

You two are in denial, I have supported Lebron for his entire career. That was an arrogant punk move. Blatt isn't senile, he doesn't need to be put in his place by players.

Denial? Please he nudged him to avoid getting a T. This shouldn't even be news. Such a joke people are making this out to be such a huge deal. Wouldn't even be a headline if the Cavs were performing better. Just people trying to stir up the pot like always.

Chronz
01-14-2015, 12:17 PM

Would you have taken the same action (getting your coach back on the sideline) better had he bear hugged him the entire way??

I do get the feeling that Blatt is losing control of the team, not that he ever had it but Bron has not endorsed his offense from day 1. I would be more insulted by him seizing control of the team without Blatt's permission than this baby stuff.

Goose17
01-14-2015, 12:18 PM
Denial? Please he nudged him to avoid getting a T.

How do you know he was doing that? Blatt didn't seem to be aware that's what was going on. And he didn't nudge him he shoved him.

If a bench guy did that he would already be suspended.

lincecum=future
01-14-2015, 12:20 PM
No. If a bench guy did that nobody would even be talking about this and HIGHLY doubt any discipline would be taken

Chronz
01-14-2015, 12:25 PM
How do you know he was doing that? Blatt didn't seem to be aware that's what was going on. And he didn't nudge him he shoved him.
Blatt figured thats what was going on, he may not have liked it but nudge/shove is subjective. Really depends on your own sensitivity.

If a bench guy did that he would already be suspended.
Based on what?

Goose17
01-14-2015, 12:26 PM
Blatt figured thats what was going on

Oh he did? Did he call you to let you know that? May I see a transcript of this correspondence?

Based on what?

Based on people being suspended for less.

Goose17
01-14-2015, 12:27 PM
No. If a bench guy did that nobody would even be talking about this and HIGHLY doubt any discipline would be taken

People have been suspended for missing practices and causing trouble, like Cousins. You think shoving your coach on National TV wouldn't get you suspended? Give me a break. How long have you been following this league? A week?

Chronz
01-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Oh he did? Did he call you to let you know that? May I see a transcript of this correspondence?
LOL neither one of us have talked to him personally so I dont see how thats an argument. All we can do is rely on what they say publicly. Here are his words;

"He was trying to keep me from getting a technical foul,"

Pretty cut and dry no?

Based on people being suspended for less.
Such as....

Chronz
01-14-2015, 12:32 PM
Yeah that was pretty funny, comparing getting your coach off the floor to missing practices. We talking about practice now? Still, dont make this personal with the clown stuff. People tell me to get off my high horse all the time, just dont resort to name calling

t_money25
01-14-2015, 12:37 PM
Talk about overreaction! Some of ya'll need to get your panties out of your *****. This type of stuff happens EVERYDAY. Players and assistant coaches all over the NBA and college basketball push and restrain their head coach from arguing with the refs to prevents techs being called against the team. I get that you guys don't like Lebron but seriously you're complaining about this???? SMH

lincecum=future
01-14-2015, 12:42 PM
No This is a serious deal. He was physically assaulted. :laugh2:

t_money25
01-14-2015, 12:43 PM
Yeah that was pretty funny, comparing getting your coach off the floor to missing practices. We talking about practice now? Still, dont make this personal with the clown stuff. People tell me to get off my high horse all the time, just dont resort to name calling

Their hate for Lebron is clearly showing in this thread with responses like that. It's entertaining to me though for some reason lol, but to read things like assault and him deserving to be suspended, I think they might need to stop watching the NBA.

Corey
01-14-2015, 12:44 PM
Pretty rude. That's a small, but cancerous move to be honest. Right in front of their bench, too. Cavs need to get rid of Blatt asap if Lebron is going to openly disrespect him both with his words and now his actions.

The play was starting. The ref would have T'd Blatt up if he stayed on the court.

As always, Lebron is nitpicked and scrutinized. He did the smart thing. The next play was beginning.

I dont even like Lebron, but people will find anything to criticize him for. Its crazy.

t_money25
01-14-2015, 12:44 PM
No This is a serious deal. He was physically assaulted. :laugh2:

:laugh:

Corey
01-14-2015, 12:47 PM

I hope you're trolling because no one would actually believe all the stuff you're posting.

Strong argument / 10. Would read again.

Ron Pearlman
01-14-2015, 12:49 PM

Denial? Please he nudged him to avoid getting a T. This shouldn't even be news. Such a joke people are making this out to be such a huge deal. Wouldn't even be a headline if the Cavs were performing better. Just people trying to stir up the pot like always.

Your social skills must suck for you to not realize what Lebron was doing there. He basically stopped short of giving him bus fare to get home for the night. David Blatt is not his kid.

Corey
01-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Your social skills must suck for you to not realize what Lebron was doing there. He basically stopped short of giving him bus fare to get home for the night. David Blatt is not his kid.

His coach was being an idiot. He stood on the court trying to argue with the ref as the next play was about to begin. Anyone that's watched basketball knows that will result in a technical. It was a seven point game. Cleveland was already down. Lebron was smarter than Blatt.

And guess what? Blatt didnt react. He kept talking to the ref. No one on the bench reacted. No one on the floor reacted.

It was nothing. People are so quick to light the Lebron fire.

kdspurman
01-14-2015, 12:55 PM
Blatt has assistants to hold him back if need be. Players don't typically need to do this, regardless of the player. Pop has gone nuts before and it's not until he gets 1 T that his assistants try and pull him back. Sometimes getting a T as a coach fires up the team.

I just felt like it wasn't his place to do that

Chronz
01-14-2015, 12:57 PM

So your argument is that only kids are to be restrained.

bucketss
01-14-2015, 12:59 PM
cue the overreaction.

JWO35
01-14-2015, 12:59 PM
If KG gets 1 game for throwing the ball at Howard, LeBron should get at least a 1st half suspension.

Goose17
01-14-2015, 01:00 PM
Such as....

"DeMarcus Cousins was suspended indefinitely by the Sacramento Kings on Saturday for "unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental to the team. Cousins and Kings coach Keith Smart exchanged words in the locker room during halftime of Sacramento's 97-85 loss at the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night."

Shoving your coach on national tv is more severe than arguing with him behind closed doors. Maybe I'm alone in thinking that.

There's plenty examples of stuff like this throughout the history of the league.

chi-townlove1
01-14-2015, 01:01 PM
Blatt has assistants to hold him back if need be. Players don't typically need to do this, regardless of the player. Pop has gone nuts before and it's not until he gets 1 T that his assistants try and pull him back. Sometimes getting a T as a coach fires up the team.

I just felt like it wasn't his place to do that

Best post of the thread. Not an overreaction. And well stated

cavsuno
01-14-2015, 01:03 PM
https://vine.co/v/ODjKdzzDMnO
What do you guys think of it? Truthfully, no matter which player it may be, pushing your coach is disrespectful, especially with the fact that it was on national television, can't be good for his public view

I disagree. David Blatt is inept to coach the voluptuous-comprised Cavs with 3 of the best players in the league. He unfathomably benches Kevin Love in the entire fourth quarter against the Suns, which could have consequently lead to a win...undoubtedly; indeed, this is considering Lebron James and J.R. Smith had phenomenal performances.

Kevin Love rebounds at an unreal rate, and has been scoring 17+ points per game with about 10 (maybe more) rebounds on average without James. Not to mention he had 30 points against the Mavericks. Although he had only 9 points in the 3rd quarter, who says he wouldn't have jumped back in the fourth. Despite Blatt's seemingly good change, they still lost.

This is not to mention Irving, although he had a quiet game against the Suns, has been averaging about 25+ points per game without James. Just a note...Irving had a career high 38 points in one game and ~30 points on average in several sequential games without James. However, these notable performances were unfortunately hindered with nagging little injuries, holding Irving back to his full butt-kicking game.

Blatt has no NBA experience, and he has a terrible record with the best talented team, in the NBA. He has an embarrassing record with James--along with a sorry set of performances without James. Because of Blatt, the Cavs are now under .500 for the first time this "late" in the season. You still have two of the best high-caliber players, (aside from James) in terms of their position they play on the floor (when Love actually does play out of Blatt's questionable brain functioning).

I am talking about having arguably the best point guard and one of the best power forwards (top 5 in my opinion) in the NBA, excluding James (the best ever to play the game who plays ALL positions). Only Blatt is to blame. Blatt did not sit out Love when Love was doing all of the rebounding, scoring, and at times good blocking defense when James was out. So what if Love was having a mediocre game.

Players can fire it up when necessary. But now Blatt says Love's not a "max" player? No Blatt, you're not a "max" coach, or in better terms, you're a terrible coach. Lebron James cannot do everything, you know. I cannot believe management is defending Blatt. Why don't they just let James be the coach and continue to let James be the facilitator on the floor.

I'm pretty sure I would want my best re-bounder, one of the best scorers in the league when James is out, playing in the fourth quarter considering James Jones missed a crucial rebound against the Suns. Of course, if it was me, this fourth quarter methodology for hopes of victory would be teamed with my other two stars (James & Irving). There's nothing James can do about this unfathomable performance--except question the "Euro-star" hotshot David Blatt.

To James' credit, he has somewhat criticized Blatt and should do it more to put pressure into taking Blatt's brain out of neutral--and perhaps convince management that a new coach is needed. Of course, people will argue that the Cavs, with Love, were down so much that taking him out lead to a narrow win-margin. However, James Jones of all players was playing meaningful minutes in the fourth quarter and failed to box out burly P.J. Tucker on a critical rebound attempt.

Having Love in the game would have limited those chances to be out-rebounded. And who says that Love would not have recovered after his early struggles? After all, Irving had a mediocre game and wasn't sat out. Love and Irving both had low performances with both scoring just 9 points each. What is David Blatt doing? Why did he not bench Irving too? This situation is a contradiction and makes no sense.

-cavsuno

PurpleLynch
01-14-2015, 01:06 PM
Not seeing the big deal. You guys cant be this sensitive. Man the twitter world would have ate up the 90's.

I don't remember MJ doing that to Phil Jackson. And he argued more than once on court with refs. As stated by kdspurman,there are assistants coach who have the prerogative to do it.

SoxPatsCeltsBs
01-14-2015, 01:07 PM
LeBron is a *****

lincecum=future
01-14-2015, 01:08 PM
And so what if this was on national television. That's irrelevant.

FraziersKnicks
01-14-2015, 01:12 PM
:laugh2: This thread man...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12165072/lebron-james-david-blatt-cleveland-cavaliers-minimize-shove-amid-ref-beef

PHOENIX -- Ever since the start of the season, LeBron James' new-look Cleveland Cavaliers have been compared to his first campaign with the Miami Heat -- from the tricky balancing act of fitting together the Big Threes, to both teams' struggles out of the gate, to the relationships between the players and their coaches.

After Cleveland's 107-100 loss to the Phoenix Suns on Tuesday that dropped its record to 19-20, there's another point of comparison.

Remember James' shoulder bump of Erik Spoelstra?

On Tuesday, James came in contact with David Blatt, shoving the coach back toward the Cavs' bench when Blatt came between James and a referee to argue an offensive foul called against James in the second quarter.

James and Blatt assured media the push looked worse than it really was. Both player and coach said James was simply saving Blatt from being called for a technical foul.

"I got called for an offensive foul, and they said I hooked one of the Morris twins on a post-up when he grabbed me," James said after the game. "It was a referee that was away from the play [who called it]. I was talking to Eric Lewis, one of the other refs, and Coach Blatt was getting a little fired up about it, too, and he was on his way to a technical. So I just got him up out of the way before he got a T. So, just protecting my coach."

Blatt echoed James' explanation.

"He was trying to keep me from getting a technical foul," Blatt said.

When a reporter suggested that usually it's the coach holding the player back from being whistled for a tech and not the other way around, Blatt retorted: "He wasn't arguing with the official; I was."

"Look, it's a physical game, and no disrespect to the officials, but I just thought my guy was taking a lot of hard hits and I didn't like it and I was expressing my opinion, and LeBron stepped in to I guess protect me in that situation, which is more than fine," Blatt elaborated. "But what I really wanted to do was protect him."

The media completely blowing something out of proportion again (when does that ever happen...?!), and the usual suspects in this thread saying LeBron "assaulted" Blatt.

Never change PSD...

jakub
01-14-2015, 01:20 PM
If KG gets 1 game for throwing the ball at Howard, LeBron should get at least a 1st half suspension.

That's what you took away from KG's suspension? Not the headbutt to the face?

Chromehounds
01-14-2015, 01:25 PM
Classy LeBrun is at it again, if I'm correct he pulled a similar stunt in Miami a couple of years back. It's all fine and good, players shoved coaches to the sideline all the time.
Pathetic, just because it's the Run King an unacceptable action becomes the norm.

Chronz
01-14-2015, 01:26 PM
"DeMarcus Cousins was suspended indefinitely by the Sacramento Kings on Saturday for "unprofessional behavior and conduct detrimental to the team. Cousins and Kings coach Keith Smart exchanged words in the locker room during halftime of Sacramento's 97-85 loss at the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night."

Shoving your coach on national tv is more severe than arguing with him behind closed doors. Maybe I'm alone in thinking that.
The part about it being behind closed doors is what makes it too vague to critique. You dont know what was argued, I could easily fathom worse situations going on behind closed doors of blatant disrespect than a subjective nudge that neither side took any offense from. Its funny you mention Cousins tho, didn't he get his coach out of the way not too long ago? I dont recall him getting suspended for that act, although his was more of an endearing way to nudge your coach out of the way.

There's plenty examples of stuff like this throughout the history of the league.

Not imo. Whats more disrespectful to you, showing up day 1 of training camp and ripping your coach's playbook to shreds or this act?

I know the history of the league well, I see this as nothing more than a fart.

archdevil84
01-14-2015, 01:27 PM
do any of you think lebron did it because of disrespect for the coach? i mean come on, this is obviously just to prevent blatt from getting a T. Smart play by lebron. maybe, just MAYBE he could have "shoved" him a little lighter but come on man, its not like he bumped into him to push him back like what happened with him and spo a few years ago. and suspending lebron from the team? realy? like that is gonna help the cavs in ANY way...
the only reason why it might have been a bad play is because of what KDspurman said, a T for the coach would have maybe fired up the team a bit but stil, they were down 7 already at that point. getting a T on the road there might have completely swung the momentum in phoenix favor. so nothing wrong with him preventing a T

Chronz
01-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Classy LeBrun is at it again, if I'm correct he pulled a similar stunt in Miami a couple of years back. It's all fine and good, players shoved coaches to the sideline all the time.
Pathetic, just because it's the Run King an unacceptable action becomes the norm.

You're referring to the bump on Spo. That was more physical than this, but its also more understandable because you could pass it off as unintentional. This one can be taken either way, I just dont like the narrative that it must be perceived in 1 way, otherwise your a fanboy.

jerellh528
01-14-2015, 01:37 PM
Give them an inch and they take a mile. Can't wait to watch other players start bulldozing their head coaches on the sidelines. A player should never do that to someone who's supposed to have influence over the players and team, just completely undermined blatts authority in front of the team and America. How are the cavs supposed to rally around blatt and his coaching if a player just craps on his authority on national tv. Dumb *** move by Lebron once again

Chronz
01-14-2015, 01:39 PM
BTW, I found the gif of Cousins preventing his coach from getting a T from earlier this season:

http://giant.gfycat.com/ElegantUnsteadyHairstreakbutterfly.gif

Is it the way Cousins does it that makes it more understandable? Because I dont remember a peep from anyone about this one. Or is it because its Bron and everything he does is sensationalized?

benzni
01-14-2015, 01:39 PM
I really dislike LBJ but some of you guys seem to post just for the sake of posting. It looked like he was trying stop Blatt from getting a T. Yes, the last shove looked slightly stronger but give me a break. Assault? Lol.
Next thread.

Jamiecballer
01-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Having seen just the clip, I thought it looked like Lebron was pushing him to the sideline so he wouldn't get a tech for being on the court. It look like both Lebron and Blatt were focused on the ref, not eachother.

agreed. don't expect that to matter here.

Chronz
01-14-2015, 01:42 PM
Give them an inch and they take a mile. Can't wait to watch other players start bulldozing their head coaches on the sidelines. A player should never do that to someone who's supposed to have influence over the players and team, just completely undermined blatts authority in front of the team and America. How are the cavs supposed to rally around blatt and his coaching if a player just craps on his authority on national tv. Dumb *** move by Lebron once again
Yes, you've made your point on this pretty clear with your 2 successive snippets. And maybe what you're saying is true, but theres also the chance that just maybe they dont take it as sensitively as you have. There are far worse things Bron has done to undermine his coach, they began after the first few weeks when Bron decided to take control of the offense. This is nothing by comparison, at least IMO.

jerellh528
01-14-2015, 01:43 PM
BTW, I found the gif of Cousins preventing his coach from getting a T from earlier this season:

Is it the way Cousins does it that makes it more understandable? Because I dont remember a peep from anyone about this one. Or is it because its Bron and everything he does is sensationalized?

Yea one coach got bulldozed and the other was gently ushered to the sidelines. Also cousins is a known mental case and Lebron is supposed to be a "great leader"

kdspurman
01-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Is it possible that Lebron had the right idea, but also there could be a respect/trust (or slightly lack thereof) thing as well with Blatt? Do we think if Pop or Riley are his coach that he does the same thing?

I get that people will overreact one way and others will defend him to the T on the other side.... But sometimes it's not so black & white.

Chromehounds
01-14-2015, 01:52 PM
You're referring to the bump on Spo. That was more physical than this, but its also more understandable because you could pass it off as unintentional. This one can be taken either way, I just dont like the narrative that it must be perceived in 1 way, otherwise your a fanboy.

I just have a different point of view and, of course, you are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. ;)
One last departing note, since LeBrun action was nothing, next week it'll be JR Smith turn shoving Blatt to the sideline.

Jamiecballer
01-14-2015, 01:59 PM
i feel like if Lebron has been facing his coach as he pushed him off the court even the most committed Lebron basher would have a hard time criticizing. it's because he's looking away while he does it that makes it look dismissive.

SteBO
01-14-2015, 01:59 PM
I think LeBron had good intentions, but this is something I've never seen a player do to a coach, which makes it unusual. Besides, after hearing LBJ not endorse his coach, I don't blame anyone for thinking LeBron lacks respect for the coach. I've been saying it for a while now, Cleveland's struggles right now are just as much his fault because even before he went down with injuries they were a very average team.

In any case, the media will blow up anything that could resemble a schism. It is what it is.

kdspurman
01-14-2015, 02:02 PM
I think LeBron had good intentions, but this is something I've never seen a player do to a coach, which makes it unusual. Besides, after hearing LBJ not endorse his coach, I don't blame anyone for thinking LeBron lacks respect for the coach. I've been saying it for a while now, Cleveland's struggles right now are just as much his fault because even before he went down with injuries they were a very average team.

In any case, the media will blow up anything that could resemble a schism. It is what it is.

Exactly... The media(and others) will blow it up, but it's not out of this world to think there's a lack or respect there and that factored in to the manner Lebron did this.

JustinTime
01-14-2015, 02:05 PM
I remember when PSD was all pissed off because a statistic came out saying that white people hated Lebron the most. It doesn't matter what race you are if you like Lebron you're a ****ing idiot period.

Teeboy1487
01-14-2015, 02:06 PM

I agree with this. I've seen players try to calm their coach down but never go as extreme as pushing the coach away in such an aggressive manner. I do think Lebron did intend to prevent him from getting a tech.

Chronz
01-14-2015, 02:08 PM
Yea one coach got bulldozed and the other was gently ushered to the sidelines.

So grabbing someone from behind is gentle and nudging someone less distance is bulldozing? Yea, agree to disagree on that one. I dont think its all that different, same intention different situations. Cousins had fouled out coming from the bench whereas Bron was in live play. I think its a sad day where you have to hug your coach in order to justify any sort of contact.

Also cousins is a known mental case and Lebron is supposed to be a "great leader"
Not seeing the point here.

Ron Pearlman
01-14-2015, 02:13 PM

So your argument is that only kids are to be restrained.

No my argument is that he is the coach, and he needs support from his players. Blatt is the authority there, not Lebron.

And again, I was a huge Lebron fan before this, but enough is enough.

jerellh528
01-14-2015, 02:16 PM
So grabbing someone from behind is gentle and nudging someone less distance is bulldozing? Yea, agree to disagree on that one. I dont think its all that different, same intention different situations. Cousins had fouled out coming from the bench whereas Bron was in live play. I think its a sad day where you have to hug your coach in order to justify any sort of contact.

Not seeing the point here.

Nvm, basketball is a high emotion sport. I could see why he did it but it wasn't the right way imo

L8kers4life
01-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Come on guys this is a non issue, LeBron was just trying to prevent his coach from getting a T, there was nothing wrong about what he did.

Ron Pearlman
01-14-2015, 02:22 PM
He was embarrassed by Blatt and it was clear as day.

Chronz
01-14-2015, 02:23 PM
No my argument is that he is the coach, and he needs support from his players. Blatt is the authority there, not Lebron.

And again, I was a huge Lebron fan before this, but enough is enough.
Good, childlike behavior can be corralled by anyone, especially a leader.

I dont see why you think its a 1 way street tho. Coaches havent had more pull in organizations since the 70's , being a coach and having total authority aren't the same to me and havent been the same for quite some time. Doc. J was the first guy to notice the change in the pecking order within younger players. And some coaches dont need support, some need a wake up call. Like when Mike D'Antoni was insisting that his players run his offense, there came a time where the leaders of the team step up and take reign. Im not saying thats what happened here, honestly this is the least disrespectful thing I've seen from Bron towards his coach, but I am saying that respect is earned, not given by contract.

As for your allegiances, thats fine, I dont care either way, Im a fan of the NBA first and foremost so I try to stay away from subjective takes about a persons character and focus solely on what truly influences the ball game.

cmellofan15
01-14-2015, 02:24 PM
I don't think this is much of a story outside of there already being some sort of tension between Blatt and Bron. I think if this were TD and Pop it would be spun MUCH differently because of the relationship dynamic.

In my opinion, it's just Lebron seeing Blatt in a high tempered situation and diffusing it as he would with one of his teammates. The problem seems to be that you don't handle this situation like that, with a shove, because he is Bron's superior.. but in all honesty I don't see that as a problem.

Deception
01-14-2015, 02:25 PM
Come on guys this is a non issue, LeBron was just trying to prevent his coach from getting a T, there was nothing wrong about what he did.

There's a difference, look at what normal players do, they essentially speak to their coach to calm them down so they don't get a tech, LeBron just shoved Blatt to the sidelines and didn't speak a word.

Chronz
01-14-2015, 02:32 PM
He was embarrassed by Blatt and it was clear as day.

Cuz Body language?

beasted86
01-14-2015, 02:33 PM
Is it possible that Lebron had the right idea, but also there could be a respect/trust (or slightly lack thereof) thing as well with Blatt? Do we think if Pop or Riley are his coach that he does the same thing?

I get that people will overreact one way and others will defend him to the T on the other side.... But sometimes it's not so black & white.

Yes, I think it was a poor taste move regardless of a noble inyeTtention. It was disrespectful to "escort him" away from the ref to the sideline like that. He sees all of his coaches so far more as peers instead of his leader. Maybe it's because all of his coaches so far have been on the younger end of late 30s to early 40s instead of a guy pushing 60 or more. Whatever it is, he used poor taste in this situation.

Chronz
01-14-2015, 02:35 PM
There's a difference, look at what normal players do, they essentially speak to their coach to calm them down so they don't get a tech, LeBron just shoved Blatt to the sidelines and didn't speak a word.

Bron isn't exactly ... how can I say this.... smart with regards to doing things the PC way. But honestly, how much talking can you do within a few seconds?

Chronz
01-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Yes, I think it was a bad taste move regardless of a noble intention. It was disrespectful to "escort him" away from the ref to the sideline like that. He sees all of his coaches so far more as peers instead of his leader. Maybe it's because all of his coaches so far have been on the younger end of late 30s to early 40s instead of a guy pushing 60 or more. Whatever it is, he used bad taste in this situation.

Do you think he would have done this to Phil Jackson?

beasted86
01-14-2015, 02:38 PM
Do you think he would have done this to Phil Jackson?
I don't think so.

kdspurman
01-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Yes, I think it was a poor taste move regardless of a noble inyeTtention. It was disrespectful to "escort him" away from the ref to the sideline like that. He sees all of his coaches so far more as peers instead of his leader. Maybe it's because all of his coaches so far have been on the younger end of late 30s to early 40s instead of a guy pushing 60 or more. Whatever it is, he used poor taste in this situation.

I think that's exactly it, personally.

mngopher35
01-14-2015, 02:40 PM

When I saw it I thought it was a non issue, but you may have a point. This has happened before and it rarely gets seen as disrespectful just a player holding an angry coach back (seen it in college ball too, although maybe to a lesser extent).

With that said you may have a point. It is pretty obvious lebron was trying to stop him from getting a technical but maybe it also shows he has a lack of respect, hard to know for sure. I also get the feeling lebron just thinks he's "the man" in every situation and can just do what he wants regardless of who it is in front of him.

Corey
01-14-2015, 02:48 PM
Yea one coach got bulldozed and the other was gently ushered to the sidelines. Also cousins is a known mental case and Lebron is supposed to be a "great leader"

:laugh:

You have got to be kidding. Bulldozed? Blatt's head/neck didnt even move. He wasn't pushed hard.

You people are ridiculous.

The Cavs were down. Lebron prevented his coach from getting tech'd. End of story.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-14-2015, 02:48 PM
He didn't shove him, nor was he aggressive.

He probably knows what Blatt was saying to the ref, unlike anyone on here. You have to assume Lebron figured getting Blatt out of the way would save him from getting T'd up and costing the team points in a close game, which it seemed to do. And by Blatt's reaction, he figured the same.

This is coming from someone who has no positive feelings towards LBJ.

WVNowitzki
01-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Would Lebron of put his hands on Mike Brown like that? He has had no problem doing it to Blatt and Spoelstra. A lot is said without words here.

Big Zo
01-14-2015, 03:21 PM
Would Lebron of put his hands on Mike Brown like that? He has had no problem doing it to Blatt and Spoelstra. A lot is said without words here.
If I read correctly between the lines, it seems that you are implying that LeBron is racist. I don't think that he would have recruited his bff Mike Miller to Cleveland if he was. LeBron is dumb, but not racist.

Wade n Fade
01-14-2015, 03:28 PM
The video is way overblown. Blatt was just bumped to the side rather than a full blown push. We all know Blatt is a dead man walking, but the question is when does that walking stop. Over/under All Star Break? I mean the Cleveland situation was somewhat predictable. I was one of the people that thought their D would be softer than wet toilet paper and Varajao would be the only other defender LeBron could trust. No bench, two "stars" that don't want to play two way basketball, a coach that hasn't dealt with NBA ego managing, a mediocre GM, and a bad owner is not a recipe for success. LeBron's decision is a perfect example of when emotional decisions over logical ones don't work. Frank Isola would agree with that too, but depends if you respect his opinion at all.

As for Griffin, look what he gave up to put his current roster together? Out: Bennett, Waiters, Wiggins, first round picks, Amundson, Kirk

In: Mozgov, JR Smith, Shumpert, Love, Miller, Jones, Marion.

The Cavs traded youth for "experienced" vets, but the wrong vets. Miami had both Jones and Miller, both of which hardly saw minutes. Miller was huge in the Finals twice. Jones was good in some spots. Mozgov is a term used to explain getting dunked on by an opponent. Smith is a headcase. Shumpert is too injury prone. Kevin Love doesn't play D. Marion is not what he was for the 2011 Mavericks. Gutting the future just to "win now" doesn't always work. If LeBron and Love both bolt, the Cavs will have traded guys all for nothing.

As for the owner, choosing players wasn't his forte. I mean outside of LeBron and Kyrie at #1, their top picks weren't the best. They missed out on better players. Lillard > Waiters, Drummond and J-Val (potential wise solely) > Thompson, Oladipo > Bennett. Missing out that bad overall shows why the Cavs have a situation not many people would want to risk managing since it can break the Cavs for the next 4-5 years if they lose out on Love and LeBron. I mean not many stars are going to say "I want to play with Kyrie Irving."

Wade n Fade
01-14-2015, 03:31 PM

Want to know the irony? Wade also had a spat with Spo. The Heat had 2 titles in 4 years. Does that mean Spo is a bad coach or a pushover? No, it's heat of the moment. It's like LeBron choked a coach like the great Sprewell did. Spo managed egos really well.

Corey
01-14-2015, 03:33 PM
Want to know the irony? Wade also had a spat with Spo. The Heat had 2 titles in 4 years. Does that mean Spo is a bad coach or a pushover? No, it's heat of the moment. It's like LeBron choked a coach like the great Sprewell did. Spo managed egos really well.

I really dont think the 2 titles are an indication on Spo as a coach, personally. I think he's pretty middle of the road. He was just in the right place at the right time. Doc made a career out of it, though, so :shrug:

BDawk4Prez
01-14-2015, 03:39 PM

I am one of the biggest Lebron haters out there, and this is what I took from it.

There are plenty of reasons not to like him, this isn't one of them.

bucketss
01-14-2015, 03:48 PM
I remember when PSD was all pissed off because a statistic came out saying that white people hated Lebron the most. It doesn't matter what race you are if you like Lebron you're a ****ing idiot period.

yes because hating someone you probably never met makes you a genius.

t_money25
01-14-2015, 04:06 PM
I hope none of the posters on here who think this is an issue are football fans.....cause if you think this is an issue just pay attention to what happens daily on NFL sidelines.

t_money25
01-14-2015, 04:08 PM

This is by far the STUPIDEST thing I've ever seen on PSD.

cmellofan15
01-14-2015, 04:10 PM
yes because hating someone you probably never met makes you a genius.

it only makes sense

GiantsSwaGG
01-14-2015, 04:12 PM
Cavs need to suspend LeBron, send a message to the team "No one is bigger than the team"

BDawk4Prez
01-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Some of these posts are hysterically asinine.

tredigs
01-14-2015, 04:23 PM

If he was doing that he'd have looked at Blatt and gave the "it's OK, let's just chill for a sec". He pushed him off and did not even look at him. It's subtle, but sends an entirely different message.

Some of these posts are hysterically asinine.
Just realize that you're in the massive minority in thinking this wasn't a very, very rude move by Lebron, especially considering his public comments on the guy this past week.

WITZ
01-14-2015, 04:25 PM

This. But people will spin it just like when he shoulder bumped Spo :laugh2:

tredigs
01-14-2015, 04:28 PM
Imagine Duncan doing this to Popovich, if you're having trouble with what's going on here. :laugh2:

There's a way to "move your coach aside" if you want him to avoid a T. This is not it.

FraziersKnicks
01-14-2015, 04:46 PM

Bingo

kdspurman
01-14-2015, 04:47 PM
Imagine Duncan doing this to Popovich, if you're having trouble with what's going on here. :laugh2:

There's a way to "move your coach aside" if you want him to avoid a T. This is not it.

Yep, exactly... You don't even see coaches do this to players. And couple that with him not really endorsing him, I feel like it's pretty clear. Like I said before, he could have had good intentions, but the manner in which he did it, just feels like there's more to it

FraziersKnicks
01-14-2015, 04:47 PM

:laugh2:

The league has got you soft bro

kdspurman
01-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Check some of these videos too and see what you think, or if it changes your opinions to those thinking its no big deal. Just in terms of respect and the lack of attention he seems to show during the huddles.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/01/14/lebron-v-blatt-video-evidence-of-their-disengagement/

I mean, yes he's Lebron James... But he should still be in there with his team, no? He's not some end of bench guy who might be bitter about not playing and therefore feeling the need to not participate.

Part of it could be Blatt too. He doesn't want to be the guy who gets on his star player, and that's a big problem. A lot of coaches don't want to be "that guy" who is hard on their star player. It doesn't look well for the other 14 guys on the bench.

Just comparing those to some of these: (i realize they could be at different points of the game, but it's still worth pointing out)

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/teamsites/images/legacy/bulls/huddle_130531.jpg

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/450721474-basketball-nba-finals-aerial-view-of-san-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QYf9Arvb9PnYecf60kh2r4p8HJsS I63KMcLSt1I4YwUv

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/9gepyRdvA5s/0.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/celtics/doc_huddle_clipboard500350.jpg

You want your star players to lead by example. I'm not a Lebron hater, nor am I a fanboy of his, but it doesn't seem like he's doing a good job of leading by example here and showing the coaching staff much respect.

WVNowitzki
01-14-2015, 05:22 PM
If I read correctly between the lines, it seems that you are implying that LeBron is racist. I don't think that he would have recruited his bff Mike Miller to Cleveland if he was. LeBron is dumb, but not racist.

Somewhat. I'm implying it's a respect thing, not completely, but partially due to race.

IKnowHoops
01-14-2015, 05:40 PM
i remember when psd was all pissed off because a statistic came out saying that white people hated lebron the most. it doesn't matter what race you are if you like lebron you're a ****ing idiot period.

lol...wt...

IKnowHoops
01-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Nvm, basketball is a high emotion sport. I could see why he did it but it wasn't the right way imo

Dang...all that bickering, then you just lay down?????

numba1CHANGsta
01-14-2015, 05:50 PM
LeBron thinks he can do whatever he wants, go to a football game the night before you have a game, shove your head coach, leave your hometown for a second time, blah blah blah LeBron is a dick

Jamiecballer
01-14-2015, 06:32 PM
If he was doing that he'd have looked at Blatt and gave the "it's OK, let's just chill for a sec". He pushed him off and did not even look at him. It's subtle, but sends an entirely different message.

Just realize that you're in the massive minority in thinking this wasn't a very, very rude move by Lebron, especially considering his public comments on the guy this past week.
So you aren't able to take anything at face value. We should all just pile assumption on top of assumption to create our opinions?

Sean Moore
01-14-2015, 08:28 PM
This guys ego is completely out of control. Very disrespectful. Lebron has fallen in love with his own legend. The guy just can't accept any sort of fault without blaming others.

Sean Moore
01-14-2015, 08:32 PM
So you aren't able to take anything at face value. We should all just pile assumption on top of assumption to create our opinions?

What sort of situation is it acceptable to put your hands on your head coach and push him. I have never seen that done like ever literally. Lebron also has a past history of being physical with head coaches as well. He shoulder bumped Spo just last season. Based on this, what assumptions are you referring too. I'm only judging based on his actions.

ATX
01-14-2015, 08:33 PM
This is so overblown, as usual...People tend to see what they want to believe, regardless of the true intention.

Sean Moore
01-14-2015, 08:34 PM
This is so overblown, as usual...People tend to see what they want to believe, regardless of the true intention.

When is it acceptable for a player to put their hands on their head coach in such a manner.

Jamiecballer
01-14-2015, 08:36 PM
Exactly. Ignore the context and feed the hate.

kdspurman
01-14-2015, 08:43 PM

no one really knows the true intention though. all we have is what actually happened and other factors that have involved these guys.

it seems somewhat clear that Lebron doesn't really have full confidence in Blatt though, right?

likemystylez
01-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Talk about an over reaction. He barely nudged him. Then again people just love talking about every little thing Lebron does. Give it a break.

Put some mustard on that pass!!!

tredigs
01-15-2015, 06:34 AM

Lol -- well I think it's best to use as much information as possible when formulating opinions.

But if I were simply taking this at face value, it would probably be some thought along the lines of, "Wow. Surprised that guy in the suit is letting that big dude push him away like that. Either he's some low level assistant that should not be getting involved, the two are super tight with an ingrained history where this sort of push away is seen as normal, or that big dude is just a dick".

jerellh528
01-15-2015, 09:15 AM
Dang...all that bickering, then you just lay down?????

I was gunna say more, but then we woulda been talking in circles. It's obvious people can have hugely different perspectives on a thing like this

Jamiecballer
01-15-2015, 09:36 AM
Lol -- well I think it's best to use as much information as possible when formulating opinions.

But if I were simply taking this at face value, it would probably be some thought along the lines of, "Wow. Surprised that guy in the suit is letting that big dude push him away like that. Either he's some low level assistant that should not be getting involved, the two are super tight with an ingrained history where this sort of push away is seen as normal, or that big dude is just a dick".
So there is no room in your mind for option 4 - lebron wasn't willing to let his team receive a tech at the end of a tight game?

ATX
01-15-2015, 10:28 AM
So there is no room in your mind for option 4 - lebron wasn't willing to let his team receive a tech at the end of a tight game?

Exactly. This is just as plausible an explanation as any, and in fact is more logical in my opinion. That is all I was getting at by stating that I felt this is being overblown.

Deception
01-15-2015, 11:04 AM
Exactly. This is just as plausible an explanation as any, and in fact is more logical in my opinion. That is all I was getting at by stating that I felt this is being overblown.

Right but like others have said, good intentions, bad execution and that's what we're questioning and we bring back the question, would he have done it if Pop or Phil Jackson were his coach?

jericho
01-15-2015, 11:15 AM
while i agree that he shouldnt have done that, i think he was trying to protect his coach from getting a T.

D-Leethal
01-15-2015, 11:20 AM
I think he was trying to avoid his coach getting the T, but I also think it goes to show you what the Cavaliers pecking order is in LeBrons mind.

jericho
01-15-2015, 11:31 AM
Man i really do hate Lebron. But i hate some guys here on PSD even more for making me want to defend him. Like seriously what the hell. I do get that he did it the wrong way, but he was just trying to protect his coach from getting a T. That's it, nothing more to it.

tredigs
01-15-2015, 11:44 AM

In what way are they mutually exclusive? Yes, JamieBaller, Lebron was trying to avoid the Technical. Lmao. How is that in question? It's how it was handled.

Tony_Starks
01-15-2015, 03:10 PM

Anybody else does it and PSD screams "He's a CANCER!"

IKnowHoops
01-15-2015, 04:06 PM

Half of PSD is screaming Bron's a Cancer right now, so no. If anyone else does it no one even cares and there is no thread.

Tony_Starks
01-15-2015, 04:23 PM

Half of PSD is screaming Bron's a Cancer right now, so no. If anyone else does it no one even cares and there is no thread.

Star players get a lot of attention young man, and they deserve to get called on their BS.

Jamiecballer
01-15-2015, 05:28 PM
In what way are they mutually exclusive? Yes, JamieBaller, Lebron was trying to avoid the Technical. Lmao. How is that in question? It's how it was handled.

well then perhaps you should explain how it could have been handled that wouldn't have resulted in a precious point possibly being lost due to technical foul. otherwise you are just being ridiculous. we can see the play is about to start and the coach is jawing away at the official. any other approach leads to a technical.

spreadeagle
01-15-2015, 05:54 PM
wow what a prick, thats a ballsy move

tredigs
01-15-2015, 09:14 PM
well then perhaps you should explain how it could have been handled that wouldn't have resulted in a precious point possibly being lost due to technical foul. otherwise you are just being ridiculous. we can see the play is about to start and the coach is jawing away at the official. any other approach leads to a technical.
If you haven't seen this done before or don't understand common human dynamics and how a player can ward someone off with respect rather than dismissal, I can't help you. This is life experience and typing out the nuances of how to deal with your superiors in a respectful manner should be seen relatively easily if you don't have a clouded judgement. Like I previously mentioned, if you're having trouble deciding on whether or not this move is OK, just imagine Duncan doing it to Pop. ...you can't... can you? That's the point.

I'm done discussing this though. You either get it or you don't.

Bruno
01-15-2015, 09:16 PM
Charles just said this was a "whole lot about nothing". i agree.

this is just a shallow opportunity for everyone to criticize Cleveland.

tredigs
01-15-2015, 09:17 PM
Charles just said this was a "whole lot about nothing". i agree.

this is just a shallow opportunity for everyone to criticize Cleveland.

If Curry did this to Kerr in the same way Bron acted, I would be a little pissed and alarmed at what was going on with them that he thought it was OK to do that.

Alright, now I'm really done with this boring subject.

Lebron is disrespectful towards Blatt and showing it in various ways. That's the story. Moving on.

Jamiecballer
01-15-2015, 09:41 PM
If you haven't seen this done before or don't understand common human dynamics and how a player can ward someone off with respect rather than dismissal, I can't help you. This is life experience and typing out the nuances of how to deal with your superiors in a respectful manner should be seen relatively easily if you don't have a clouded judgement. Like I previously mentioned, if you're having trouble deciding on whether or not this move is OK, just imagine Duncan doing it to Pop. ...you can't... can you? That's the point.

So you think he should have accepted the tech as inevitable in order to not appear disrespectful. I would be pissed as a teammate by that choice but to each his own.

tredigs
01-15-2015, 09:48 PM
So you think he should have accepted the tech as inevitable in order to not appear disrespectful. I would be pissed as a teammate by that choice but to each his own.

You got it Jamiballer -- precisely what I'm saying kiddo.

http://www.redletterchristians.org/wp-content/uploads/jesus_thumbs-up.jpg

Shlumpledink
01-15-2015, 09:56 PM
And people wonder why the NBA product hasn't been the same. This kind of disrespect for your coach should be grounds for immediate punishment but he has to take it in the butt from Lebron and management, because management will side with Lebron. The players/stars are coddled and the coach has to be a brownnoser to keep/get a job in this league now. How can you expect coaches to wrangle these guys in and get the team to play when the star can just push you aside and you can't even make eye contact with him after it

kdspurman
01-15-2015, 10:14 PM

Pretty much my feelings on this. It's not like this was the only thing that has happened. His lack of care/respect during huddles, his lack of endorsement/support for his coach, etc... He had a similar thing with Spo early on. It just seems like cause who he is, he thinks he can do what he wants. I mean lets face it, growing up and on his HS teams, I'm sure that's how it was. (I went to school with Sebastian Telfair and he pretty much did what he wanted when it came to classes/basketball, etc...)

that sort of thing doesn't always go away, and if you don't have a coach that will show you , you aren't bigger than the game/team, what will stop you? Pop always says he's successful cause his players (star players in particular) have "gotten over themselves" and allow him to coach the team. Not every coach has that same relationship with their players, and so you see this happen sometimes.

Spo had Riley backing him up and publicly supporting him, and I think Riley had Lebron's respect, so that was different. I get that people bash Lebron for a lot, and some of it unnecessary, so maybe this is a natural reaction, but his lack of respect for his coach is not one of the reasons to back him up.

Jamiecballer
01-15-2015, 10:27 PM
You got it Jamiballer -- precisely what I'm saying kiddo.

http://www.redletterchristians.org/wp-content/uploads/jesus_thumbs-up.jpg
There were only 2 options here - take the tech or move the coach quick. Don't act like there were more options because we could see the play was starting. You already admitted to being biased so let's leave it at that.

Confusious
01-16-2015, 12:27 AM
30 years old and already been in 5 finals. One final of which he was practically the entire team. And then the other two losses against powerhouse Spurs and a solid Mavericks team.

Terrible Finals percentage indeed. How many other players have been in so many finals? And, better question, how many players in the league decide single-handedly where other players base where they go? Pretty sure nobody ever really gave much of a **** to go and join Bryant in LA. But LeBron is infamous for getting a ton of guys to follow him. Hell, even in the offseason this previous year, EVERYBODY waited for LeBron's decision before they made their own.

Terrible Finals winning percentage or not, no player has ever had such a massive ripple effect on the entire league in any sport as LeBron James has.

FlashBolt
01-16-2015, 11:33 AM
So wait.. let me get this straight. The referee is DIRECTLY in front of Blatt in a tight game, Blatt clearly would have gotten a tech had LeBron not pushed him.. Yet, it's bad? No. He was trying to win the game and a technical would have sealed it for them. When you're at the heat of the moment, it happens. Only LeBron haters use the Finals record as a negative. For example, let's say Kobe had led the Lakers to the Finals with that Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, Smush Parker roster. Would we degenerate him? Clearly not because he made it to the Finals.. That Spurs team that beat them would have gave anyone a run for their money. Let's stop pretending they were a scrub squad. LeBron's performance vs Mavs was horrible. That's the only Finals I discount him for.

naps
01-16-2015, 06:25 PM
It was a smart move by LeBron. Pretty sure LeBron doesn't want Blatt as the coach but it doesn't look like that was in his mind while pushing blatt right in front of the ref. Tech was on his way and LeBron just made sure it didn't come. Smart move.

Brock17
01-17-2015, 12:57 AM
The next push will be Bron pushing blat out the facility after he's fired. Blatt is a terrible coach.

xcghjh
01-17-2015, 12:16 PM
http://ehealthca.com/ipad/images/123.gifI honestly think Lebron could pull his dick out and piss at half court and half of PSD would praise him for how skilled he is at pissin. http://ehealthca.com/hu12uk1.jpg

kdspurman
01-17-2015, 01:20 PM
So wait.. let me get this straight. The referee is DIRECTLY in front of Blatt in a tight game, Blatt clearly would have gotten a tech had LeBron not pushed him.. Yet, it's bad? No. He was trying to win the game and a technical would have sealed it for them. When you're at the heat of the moment, it happens. Only LeBron haters use the Finals record as a negative. For example, let's say Kobe had led the Lakers to the Finals with that Luke Walton, Kwame Brown, Smush Parker roster. Would we degenerate him? Clearly not because he made it to the Finals.. That Spurs team that beat them would have gave anyone a run for their money. Let's stop pretending they were a scrub squad. LeBron's performance vs Mavs was horrible. That's the only Finals I discount him for.

mark jackson said it best... it's the head coaches decision, not the player. if he feels he needs to get T'ed up to defend his guys and make a statement, that's his decision. not the players... it's His team. sure it might hurt them that game, but big picture, he's showing his guys he'll fight for them.

it just isn't Lebron's place to be demonstrative about it when it comes to his coach, cause it's not his team. sometimes a timely T can fire up a team. I've seen Pop purposely get ejected for that exact reason and it's worked

hugepatsfan
01-17-2015, 03:56 PM

All I ever read is "how tough 90s players were" and all that. So, in the 90s, would it be the player trying to push his coach off the court so he wasn't yelling at the ref or would be the coach trying to stop the player from getting one?

kobe4thewinbang
01-17-2015, 04:15 PM
Apparently LBJ just said "me and Kyrie run the show."

This is getting bad.

TheIlladelph16
01-17-2015, 04:48 PM
Look another thread regarding Lebron filled with hyperbole from all sides. Shocking on this website.

cahawk
01-18-2015, 04:59 AM
These facts:
TV announcer at the time said, "Lebron just saved the coach from getting a technical".
Both coach Blatt & Lebron said it was just keeping him from getting a technical.

This is a made up controversy.

smith&wesson
01-18-2015, 05:28 AM

this