PDA

View Full Version : Overrated starting 5

blahblahyoutoo
01-13-2015, 09:55 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2327635-beckbucher-debate-the-nbas-all-overrated-starting-5?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

agree with them all except for Lance, because he was never even rated to me, afaic.

1. cp3
2. lance
3. melo
4. love
5. noah

and if you to throw in a coach, i would say doc rivers.

goingfor28
01-13-2015, 09:58 PM
Swap cp3 with rose. I also don't think Noah is overrated at all, he's a great defender, rebounder and passer and a good enough offensive player. Lance melo love I agree with though

goingfor28
01-13-2015, 09:58 PM
Also, I bet this thread will turn out great lol

jaydubb
01-13-2015, 10:04 PM
Noah shouldn't be there

Htownballa1622
01-13-2015, 10:05 PM
Dumb thread. Overrated is such a subjective word based on different ppls rating of a player to begin with.

This thread will end well.

cmellofan15
01-13-2015, 10:06 PM
Noah?

BKdoubleStacker
01-13-2015, 10:07 PM
Throw in dragic

lamzoka
01-13-2015, 10:09 PM
Stupid thread.

blahblahyoutoo
01-13-2015, 10:10 PM
Swap cp3 with rose. I also don't think Noah is overrated at all, he's a great defender, rebounder and passer and a good enough offensive player. Lance melo love I agree with though

yeah, cp3 and rose are interchangeable.

Celticsfan2007
01-13-2015, 10:11 PM
Stupid Thread.

*Silver&Black*
01-13-2015, 10:11 PM
Pre-season Cavs

D-Leethal
01-13-2015, 10:20 PM
U kidding me with Noah?

Rivera
01-13-2015, 10:24 PM
Imagine if we had a thread for a PSD vote of overrated starting 5? Oh man

Chronz
01-13-2015, 10:52 PM
The arguments applied are meant strictly as talking points, nobody with a brain rates players the way these bums do

SeoulBeatz
01-13-2015, 10:58 PM
Noah??? nah son.

Miltstar
01-13-2015, 10:59 PM
C - Dwight Howard
PF - Kevin Love
SF - Lebron James
SG - Kobe Bryant
PG - Kyrie Irving

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-13-2015, 11:10 PM
Rose has missed the last 2 seasons and suffered 2 serious injuries. It's not fair to call him overrated because before those setbacks he was a top 3 PG.

NYJ - NYY
01-13-2015, 11:12 PM
Oh boy .... This is gonna be awesome

KnicksorBust
01-13-2015, 11:12 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2327635-beckbucher-debate-the-nbas-all-overrated-starting-5?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

agree with them all except for Lance, because he was never even rated to me, afaic.

1. cp3
2. lance
3. melo
4. love
5. noah

That team would win 60 games. Noah, Love, and CP3 have spent more of their careers underrated and nobody is even pretending Lance has been good in Charlotte.

sf-fanatic
01-13-2015, 11:22 PM
Deron Williams
Brook Lopez
Michael Carter Williams

as well

Cal827
01-13-2015, 11:23 PM
So this will probably end up a thread to see who can piss off the most fanbases simultaneously. I guess I might was well take a shot.

C: DeAndre Jordan
PF: Kevin Love
SF: Carmelo Anthony
SG: James Harden
PG: John Wall

rockets-fan
01-13-2015, 11:47 PM
Dragic
Harden
Batum
Love
Gasol

My dream starting 5

mightybosstone
01-13-2015, 11:57 PM
Without too much thought, my all overrated starting five would look something like this...

PG Rajon Rondo
SG Tyreke Evans
SF Kawhi Leonard
PF Kevin Love
C Brook Lopez

mightybosstone
01-14-2015, 12:04 AM
So this will probably end up a thread to see who can piss off the most fanbases simultaneously. I guess I might was well take a shot.

C: DeAndre Jordan
PF: Kevin Love
SG: James Harden
PG: John Wall

I don't get your Harden hate, man. You really think he's the most overrated SG in the entire league? He's leading the league in scoring and win shares while scoring at a hyper efficient pace. He's also first among all SGs in assists per game, PER and WS/48 and is second among all SGs in steals and rebounds per game. How in the hell does he deserve to be on any overrated list with the season he's having?

PHIN33
01-14-2015, 12:15 AM
4-Bosh
5-Howard
1-D. Williams
3- Carmelo
2- Harden

Kyben36
01-14-2015, 12:18 AM

1. cp3
2. lance
3. melo
4. love
5. noah

Noah, over rated ???, he has played like **** this year, but last year he was ballin, not mvp worthy, but still.

Kyben36
01-14-2015, 12:24 AM
1- Rajon Rondo ( Defense is over rated, he cant shoot, and without guys around him, he cant do jack)
2- Deron williams ( how this guy was considered top 2 at some point is beyond me. I know he isnt a 2, but Im playing him here on my over rated starting 5)
3- Joe Johnson- (Never rally liked this guy, chucker,)
4- Josh Smith- (See Prvious and multiply it x 3)
5- Deandre Jordon (Only because there at talks that he could go for max, stick any big man who can block shots and jump and he could produce like Jordon on that team)

DaBear
01-14-2015, 12:27 AM
Kyrie Irving
James Harden
Melo
Kevin Love
Brook Lopez

Cal827
01-14-2015, 12:38 AM
I don't get your Harden hate, man. You really think he's the most overrated SG in the entire league? He's leading the league in scoring and win shares while scoring at a hyper efficient pace. He's also first among all SGs in assists per game, PER and WS/48 and is second among all SGs in steals and rebounds per game. How in the hell does he deserve to be on any overrated list with the season he's having?

I pissed someone off already;I win the thread ladies and gentleman. Let's go home :D

As I said in the previous message, it was a post to piss people off. :laugh2:

Just taking into consideration the fanbase on the site, or the general love for the player. I guarantee you that making this list, that either Harden or Howard just for the reaction.

I actually like what Harden has done so far this season. His shooting percentage might be a little down (then again, as a fan of the Raptors who have Derozan, I shouldn't be taking a shot at that :laugh2: ), but he's getting to the line a ton (flopping or not, but everybody does to some extent in basketball), he's hitting a 3 at a respectable clip, shooting the ball at 90% from the free throw line, and as you mentioned, around 7 assists per game. Now his turnovers per game is relatively high, but that might come with his usage rating.

I'm aware that his defense has also improved a little.

I can easily see how he's top 10 in most people's eyes and top 5 in some others. I'll just warn you, that I'm one of the people who takes defense very, very seriously when considering players, even if the offensive value of one guy makes them better overall, as I referenced in the SG thread. Harden to me is clearly the best offensive SG in the game, and probably overall, but I would likely lean to Klay or Butler as they are near shut down defenders.

The only honest one I have up there is probably Kevin Love. The dude showed no effort on the defensive end in Minnesota, while putting up points and rebounds (pretty crappy shooting% but he's a stretch 4 so a moot point I guess). You would think that joining a team that's considered a potential contender in the East would want to make him amp up his play on both ends, but nope :laugh2: He's the definition of "Check my Stats"

goingfor28
01-14-2015, 12:41 AM
My personal overrated starting 5 right now
Rose
Kobe
Melo
Love
Hibbert

Cal827
01-14-2015, 12:42 AM
Rose
Kobe
Melo
Love
Hibbert

:laugh2: @ your Sig

AIverson
01-14-2015, 01:01 AM
PG: Dragic
SG: Demar Derozen
SF: Rudy Gay
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Noah

Noah - This guy is a great player who I'd take on my any day. The problem is he gets praised as the best C in the game, All-NBA guy and MVP candidate. That's just not what he is. I feel like that type of praise is for the elite, two-way 20-10 guys.

nickdymez
01-14-2015, 01:58 AM
That starting 5 would win a chip easy

ChI_ShIzzLe
01-14-2015, 02:01 AM
PG: Dragic
SG: Demar Derozen
SF: Rudy Gay
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Noah

Noah - This guy is a great player who I'd take on my any day. The problem is he gets praised as the best C in the game, All-NBA guy and MVP candidate. That's just not what he is. I feel like that type of praise is for the elite, two-way 20-10 guys.

What in the holy **** hell are you talking about?? By who???

Kashmir13579
01-14-2015, 02:10 AM
Noah overrated? **** outa here...

LAKERS4LIFE!!
01-14-2015, 02:39 AM
Rose
Kobe
Melo
Love
Hibbert

Every Lakers fan I know knows that Kobe has been horrible this so idk who's overrating him aha

Anyways seems like Melo, Harden, and Love are the popular choices here.

Alayla
01-14-2015, 04:56 AM
Rose has missed the last 2 seasons and suffered 2 serious injuries. It's not fair to call him overrated because before those setbacks he was a top 3 PG.

a top 3 point yes but even before those setbacks he was overrated.

Alayla
01-14-2015, 05:03 AM
Rose Klay Melo Dirk (or at least he was for a short time) and Howard (only because there are still people out there who think he is the number 1 center or that he separates himself from the pack in any way)

dishonorable mention to Lin

I will put it out there i think all of these guys have had nice carrers so far but each have had times in recent memory where people just went ******* over them for seemingly no reason.

FraziersKnicks
01-14-2015, 05:15 AM
CP3 overrated is hilarious... The guy is one of the best PG's of all time :laugh2:

Ariza's Better
01-14-2015, 06:45 AM
Can we change this thread to "Ric Bucher is looking more and more like a gargoyle"?

sammyvine
01-14-2015, 07:33 AM
CP3 overrated is hilarious... The guy is one of the best PG's of all time :laugh2:

Mo he is not

You can't be one of the best PG's all time and have never even been past the second round. That is severe under-performance. I understood in NO, his team wasn't that great but with the Clippers he has a good 2nd option, decent bench and a top 5 coach, yet the clippers seem to be getting worse every season. i can't see them doing anything this season either. CP3 also plays passive in games and doesn't take over when he clearly has the ability. He seems to rely on flops and bail outs from the refs.
That's not one of the GOAT PG's

He has been very lucky that other players are more criticised because Melo, Lebron, and even Durant have all been mocked in the past for not winning (fair or not) and all those 3 players have achieved more than CP3 in their careers.

Goose17
01-14-2015, 09:56 AM
Mo he is not

You can't be one of the best PG's all time and have never even been past the second round. That is severe under-performance. I understood in NO, his team wasn't that great but with the Clippers he has a good 2nd option, decent bench and a top 5 coach, yet the clippers seem to be getting worse every season. i can't see them doing anything this season either. CP3 also plays passive in games and doesn't take over when he clearly has the ability. He seems to rely on flops and bail outs from the refs.

He has been very lucky that other players are more criticised because Melo, Lebron, and even Durant have all been mocked in the past for not winning (fair or not) and all those 3 players have achieved more than CP3 in their careers.

Teams win championships not players. CP3 is one of the most well rounded and versatile point guards of the modern era. And he's uber efficient. Honestly I don't like him much, at all. But he is a very good player and is definitely not overrated (unless someone is calling him the best ever, that would be overrating).

YAALREADYKNO
01-14-2015, 11:17 AM

1. cp3
2. lance
3. melo
4. love
5. noah

how about switch cp3 with kyrie? I mean some people really try and say that he's great because he won the allstar game MVP lol smh

YAALREADYKNO
01-14-2015, 11:22 AM
kyrie ("but kyrie is great because he won the allstar game mvp" nuff said)
stephenson (for obvious reasons)
melo (couldnt really choose another SF)
ibaka (just a little)
hibbert (how'd this dude make 2 allstar teams again? especially over al jefferson last yr?)

RiLoc
01-14-2015, 11:32 AM
PG: Kyrie
SG: Kobe this year or Stephenson
SF: Melo
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Brook Lopez

Chrisclover
01-14-2015, 11:54 AM
Throw in Faried.

Goose17
01-14-2015, 12:14 PM
G; Kyrie Irving
G; Joe Johnson
F; Melo? I can't think of another SF off the top of my head to put here (I don't think Smoove is overrated everyone knows he sucks)
F; Kevin Love
C; ehh...

fgkyfu
01-14-2015, 12:38 PM
Swap cp3 with rose. I also don't think Noah is overrated at all, he's a great defender, rebounder and passer and a good enough offensive player. Lance melo love I agree with though http://ehealthca.com/hu12uk1.jpg http://ehealthca.com/ipad/images/123.gif

Chrisclover
01-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Without too much thought, my all overrated starting five would look something like this...

PG Rajon Rondo
SG Tyreke Evans
SF Kawhi Leonard
PF Kevin Love
C Brook Lopez

How come Kawhi? He is just hurt this season. He hasnt enjoyed media hype. After the Spurs won the championship, the attention was soon switched to Lebron's decision 2.0.

Chrisclover
01-14-2015, 12:51 PM
He is the best SG right now. The hate comes from his lack of defense.

dalton749
01-14-2015, 01:08 PM
dragic
stevenson
parsons
love
vucevic
...faried

GCT
01-14-2015, 06:27 PM
PG: Kyrie Irving
SG: Joe Johnson
PF: Josh Smith
C: Roy Hibbert

Sanjay
01-14-2015, 06:38 PM

PG Rajon Rondo
SG Tyreke Evans
SF Kawhi Leonard
PF Kevin Love
C Brook Lopez

Most people agree that Tyreke had a great rookie year, but has not pushed on since. I do not think he is overrated at the moment.

Sanjay
01-14-2015, 06:42 PM
dragic
stevenson
parsons
love
vucevic
...faried

I would have thought Dragic would be underrated.

Chronz
01-14-2015, 07:04 PM
Most people agree that Tyreke had a great rookie year, but has not pushed on since. I do not think he is overrated at the moment.

His rookie year wasn't even his best year, it was just the one most talked about. Tyreke is pretty normally rated now tho.

PurpleLynch
01-14-2015, 07:16 PM
Irving
Stephenson
Parsons
Smith
Hibbert

blahblahyoutoo
01-14-2015, 09:59 PM
Mo he is not

pg's i'd take over cp3 today.

curry, lillard, wall, wb

MDD
01-15-2015, 08:18 AM
My 5
1.Chris Paul- People put in category lebron and KD he has not been that play since being in New Orleans.
2.Kobe- although he's good but not great anymore he's become a inefficient scorer.
3.Carmelo- for all his abilities it does as much as you would expect it to being in the east

MyDRoseLikeDeng
01-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Rose
Derozan
Rudy Gay
Serge Ibaka
Deandre Jordan

YAALREADYKNO
01-15-2015, 10:57 AM
Rose Klay Melo Dirk (or at least he was for a short time) and Howard (only because there are still people out there who think he is the number 1 center or that he separates himself from the pack in any way)

dishonorable mention to Lin

I will put it out there i think all of these guys have had nice carrers so far but each have had times in recent memory where people just went ******* over them for seemingly no reason.

huh? Dirk overrated??? how?

YAALREADYKNO
01-15-2015, 11:10 AM
Teams win championships not players. CP3 is one of the most well rounded and versatile point guards of the modern era. And he's uber efficient. Honestly I don't like him much, at all. But he is a very good player and is definitely not overrated (unless someone is calling him the best ever, that would be overrating).

he's overrated man like it or not because he's always being compared to the level of guys like lebron and durant when hes clearly not. It seems like every yr when the clippers fall short people wanna blame blake, deandre, coaching, or bench play but never wanna give any blame to cp3. At some point it comes down to your teams best player.