PDA

View Full Version : Did you expect LeBron James to fall off this much?

DemarDerozan
01-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Before the 14-15 season a lot of fans expected Lebron James to immediately return to his past MVP form and lead the Cavs to a Finals appearance.

Now nearly half way through the season CLE is barely over .500 and LBJ looks to be a shell of his former self. Not only has his play decreased but he has shown disloyalty to his new team and coach and is currently nursing an "injury" in Miami.

His team has already gone into panic mode and have begun to make desperation trades in order to keep their newly re-acquired star player.

I personally expected Lebron to decline somewhat... But this is just pathetic.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-10-2015, 09:55 PM
I lolled at the "injury" part.

Not sure what the trade has the do with Lebron falling off either.

bucketss
01-10-2015, 09:57 PM
that miami thread got you feeling some type of way.

goingfor28
01-10-2015, 09:59 PM
that miami thread got you feeling some type of way.
Lol

DemarDerozan
01-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Just saying if we're going to examine how poor Miami has become without LBJ, we should also discuss how terrible Lebron has become without his superfriends.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-10-2015, 10:14 PM
Could probably work if someone else made the thread. The insults and baiting in your 2 posts so far in this thread make it clear what your agenda is.

InRoseWeTrust
01-10-2015, 10:25 PM

Just saying if we're going to examine how poor Miami has become without LBJ, we should also discuss how terrible Lebron has become without his superfriends.

Averaging 25-7.6-5.3 on a .584 TS% is "terrible"?

I wish I could be terrible at basketball.

DemarDerozan
01-10-2015, 10:44 PM

Empty stats.

Shammyguy3
01-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Empty stats.

Empty thread

Shammyguy3
01-10-2015, 11:21 PM
Now that the King is finally falling what are all of you Lebrondickriders going to do?

There is plenty of room on the Wiggins bandwagon. You better hurry so you can say you've been a wolves fan since his rookie year.

Lebron's obviously not what he once was. But that doesn't mean he's terrible. This thread could have had a good discussion in it, but you derailed your own thread by posting things like he's terrible and putting up empty stats. Nobody wants to discuss an all-time great and his decline with a poster like that.

bucketss
01-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Now that the King is finally falling what are all of you Lebrondickriders going to do?

There is plenty of room on the Wiggins bandwagon. You better hurry so you can say you've been a wolves fan since his rookie year.

you're fuming right now.

jericho
01-10-2015, 11:37 PM

If anybody else was avg those numbers they would be considered a superstar.

InRoseWeTrust
01-10-2015, 11:39 PM
Lebron's obviously not what he once was. But that doesn't mean he's terrible. This thread could have had a good discussion in it, but you derailed your own thread by posting things like he's terrible and putting up empty stats. Nobody wants to discuss an all-time great and his decline with a poster like that.

This is a shame, because it's probably a topic that will never be able to be discussed without trolling. LeBron looks as though he's on the (slight) backside of his peak, and it would be interesting to discuss what he is, and what he can become going forward, now that we've likely seen his best days athletically. Oh well.

InRoseWeTrust
01-10-2015, 11:39 PM

Quiet! He's awful! Don't you see how the Cavs have started to dominate now that he's out of the lineup!?!

Ezio
01-10-2015, 11:40 PM

I think Paul George was and most consider him to be at that level :laugh2:

Bruno
01-10-2015, 11:41 PM
we knew he was going to pace himself I just don't know if we expected that big of a drop in stuff like WS/48.

i don't think we can give him a fair shake until we see his playoff production. the guys been to the finals five times, and four the past four years in a row, olympic duties. I've lost count of his regular season MVPs, i think he's proven what he can be in the regular season.

he's just approaching the aging process like he does the game. methodically, from all angles, all things taken into consideration. i think he knows he can turn it on for three months when he needs to for years. but the key to accomplishing that is pacing the body in the regular season, he's learned from the Spurs. everyone has. I'll reserve my judgement until we playoffs.

jimm120
01-11-2015, 12:21 AM
I do NOT like Lebron. Never have since 2003. I was ok if he came to NY, but I wasn't a fan of his at all. I'd be forced into rooting for his success in NY if he ever came here.

That said, hate or no hate, he's one of the best players. He's top 2 every year.

Yes, he's given less than usual, but that was expected of Lebron in his 30-33 years. He's always been an athletic freak and a perfect body for basketball, but his shooting touch was always in question, especially once his athleticism left him.

Its obviously starting now, but in no way is he horrible.

Going back to cleveland might not have been the most correct choice, but I doubt him staying in Miami was the best choice either. Wade is 33. NBA players start a sharp decline after age 32. Bosh is Bosh and will be a 20/8 guy...but that's it. Not really a winner without the proper help.

What made the Heat team was Lebron. What made the heat team be a 4 straight finals team was Lebron, Wade, and Bosh together. That simple.

Even on this small decline, Lebron is a top 3 player this season.

InRoseWeTrust
01-11-2015, 12:57 AM
That's asinine. My head is up James Harden's ***. My head cannot be up the ***** of two different people at once. That's crazy.

:laugh:

DemarDerozan
01-11-2015, 01:01 AM
I do NOT like Lebron. Never have since 2003. I was ok if he came to NY, but I wasn't a fan of his at all. I'd be forced into rooting for his success in NY if he ever came here.

That said, hate or no hate, he's one of the best players. He's top 2 every year.

Yes, he's given less than usual, but that was expected of Lebron in his 30-33 years. He's always been an athletic freak and a perfect body for basketball, but his shooting touch was always in question, especially once his athleticism left him.

Its obviously starting now, but in no way is he horrible.

Going back to cleveland might not have been the most correct choice, but I doubt him staying in Miami was the best choice either. Wade is 33. NBA players start a sharp decline after age 32. Bosh is Bosh and will be a 20/8 guy...but that's it. Not really a winner without the proper help.

What made the Heat team was Lebron. What made the heat team be a 4 straight finals team was Lebron, Wade, and Bosh together. That simple.

Even on this small decline, Lebron is a top 3 player this season.

#10 on the ESPN MVP ladder. And he is to ESPN what GW Bush is to Fox News.

Tony_Starks
01-11-2015, 01:40 AM
Seems like a pretty quick decline physically. I'll reserve judgement to see how he responds after some time off but it is weird to not see him barging his way to the hole and going through people.

He can put up numbers in his sleep but if this is indeed the start of a physical decline he's going to need to really step his fundamental game up like the great players do as they age....

Goose17
01-11-2015, 02:24 AM
What a terrible thread.

cmellofan15
01-11-2015, 03:01 AM
#10 on the ESPN MVP ladder. And he is to ESPN what GW Bush is to Fox News.

...when's the last time you've watched fox news?

PurpleLynch
01-11-2015, 07:19 AM
Well,after four season at Miami that resulted in four trips to the Finals and two rings as the main player,anyone could expect a fall off. But can we say that Lebron fell off this much? Absolutely no.
He isn't in the best position considering Cleveland's season so far,media are trying to destroy him(like anyone famous),he doen't know how to talk in public and he's aging too. And yet he's still a top 10 player in the Nba.
Plus we'll see when playoffs are coming where Cleveland will be and how Lebron will handle his next run in the PO.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2015, 07:58 AM
Seems like a pretty quick decline physically. I'll reserve judgement to see how he responds after some time off but it is weird to not see him barging his way to the hole and going through people.

He can put up numbers in his sleep but if this is indeed the start of a physical decline he's going to need to really step his fundamental game up like the great players do as they age....

Considering this quick decline physically, are you surprised that he is still able to put up 25/7/5 on better efficiency than say, Kobe Bryant in his absolute prime? A lot of people said Lebron would be nothing without his supreme athletic ability, yet he's averaging more assist than his career average, and is the second leading scorer in the league? Were people wrong when they said Lebron would be nothing without his ridiculous athletic ability, seeing as how his decline has been so quick in your opinion?

beasted86
01-11-2015, 08:34 AM
Offensively he hasn't had a big decline, it's mostly defensively, and a bit of a chink in the armor health wise and both started since last year.

LeBron will never be a DPOY candidate again, and doesn't seem like the iron man he was before 29 years old never getting injured. But that won't stop him from being a top 5 player for the foreseeable future and make the Cavs a relevant threat in the East.

KnicksorBust
01-11-2015, 08:59 AM
Offensively he hasn't had a big decline, it's mostly defensively, and a bit of a chink in the armor health wise and both started since last year.

LeBron will never be a DPOY candidate again, and doesn't seem like the iron man he was before 29 years old never getting injured. But that won't stop him from being a top 5 player for the foreseeable future and make the Cavs a relevant threat in the East.

He was coasting on defense. Even he admitted it. The decline is so exaggerated and not real. He and Durant are still 1a and 1b with a dropoff to get to the ADs and Currys of the world.

Jamiecballer
01-11-2015, 10:30 AM
Before the 14-15 season a lot of fans expected Lebron James to immediately return to his past MVP form and lead the Cavs to a Finals appearance.

Now nearly half way through the season CLE is barely over .500 and LBJ looks to be a shell of his former self. Not only has his play decreased but he has shown disloyalty to his new team and coach and is currently nursing an "injury" in Miami.

His team has already gone into panic mode and have begun to make desperation trades in order to keep their newly re-acquired star player.

it's ridiculous that you can troll to this extent and still be allowed to post on this site.

his numbers aren't all that far off his ridiculously high standards while his team struggles to find an identity.

beasted86
01-11-2015, 11:32 AM
He was coasting on defense. Even he admitted it. The decline is so exaggerated and not real. He and Durant are still 1a and 1b with a dropoff to get to the ADs and Currys of the world.

No, the defensive fall off is not exaggerated. Its tangible through both stats and the eye test. The HEAT defense was weak last year and while I was hoping everyone just was coasting and had a 2nd gear, they simply didn't come playoffs. They were still thoroughly average, and that included LeBron. Kawhi Leonard simply out worked him in the Finals on the glass and one on one. He wasn't some dynamic offensive prodigy with skills that were above the best defense. LeBron just wasn't good on defense.

Its the same thing this year with LeBron and individual defensive stats and eye test barometer. He's simply a good above average defender, not great at all anymore. He won't finish top 15 in DPOY voting and that has nothing to do with his team's overall defensive standing. He's just not as impactful anymore as he one was. Maybe it's fatigue from so many games, or maybe it's age. Whatever it is, it's not imaginary or made up by his detractors and haters.

Tony_Starks
01-11-2015, 04:03 PM

Considering this quick decline physically, are you surprised that he is still able to put up 25/7/5 on better efficiency than say, Kobe Bryant in his absolute prime? A lot of people said Lebron would be nothing without his supreme athletic ability, yet he's averaging more assist than his career average, and is the second leading scorer in the league? Were people wrong when they said Lebron would be nothing without his ridiculous athletic ability, seeing as how his decline has been so quick in your opinion?

Kobe is a scorer and plays a completely different game so efficiency stat comparisons wouldn't even be relevant to me.

Im not sure who said he would be "nothing" without his athleticism, that seems like a exaggeration. Like I said he can get numbers in his sleep, what does surprise me that his numbers aren't really having a impact when it counts. I've only seen him take over a couple games this season while also witnessing him on the wrong end of a few start to finish blowouts with him playing very badly....

If MVP voting was today I dont think it would be a stretch to say he'd maybe be in the top 5 and that's a BIG maybe.....

FlashBolt
01-11-2015, 04:08 PM
I think the issue with LeBron is that something finally caught up with him.
1) He's played more basketball than any player up to age 30.
2) There's a new system with completely new players. It will take time. His first season with Miami wasn't great by any means even though they had a better record.
3) He's had injury concerns and back problems dating two years ago. This isn't a new injury for him. LeBron's track record of missing games is second to Karl Malone. This guy does not sit games unless the situation calls for it. For someone to play as many minutes as Bron, the way he plays, and how he plays it -- it's crazy he's never had a serious injury. Even now, he can play if he wants but long term, it's not a smart decision to prolong it.
4) East is wide open right now. I think as long as you crack into the playoffs and your team is Raptors, Bulls, Washington, Cavs, you are going to be able to contend. Cavs doesn't have to have the best record. There is zero chance they get the HCA against West anyways. They just need everyone to be healthy and for Kevin Love to finally get into his game.

justinnum1
01-12-2015, 04:39 AM
There are quite a few guys I would rather have this season over Lebron. Not sure i ever thought that would be the case. Oh well.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-13-2015, 03:32 AM

Called it first.

Chronz
01-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Called it first.

If you called it this year, you missed his decline the year prior.

IKnowHoops
01-13-2015, 04:20 PM
Still the best player in the game. Illustrates just how dominant he's been when you can decline this much and still be the best in the game. Wow...Scary...LOLOLOLOLOL

RiLoc
01-13-2015, 06:50 PM
LeBron's athleticism has been in a slow state of decline for a while, so that's not surprising. However, the sudden drop has been a little surprising.

It's been striking to me how much lower LeBron is on dunks than last year (for whatever reason I always pay attention to where people's head's are in comparison to the rim). I'm not sure if that's due to the injury or if he's just trying to not be so rough on his body. I know Grant Hill said he didn't like to dunk when he got older because it was too much stress on his ankles.

His True Shooting percentage has dropped off a cliff: 65% last year to 58% this year. That's not to say 58% isn't good, it's great. LeBron's Real Plus Minus has dropped off even more significantly to 4.36 (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/RPM), down from a league leading 9.08 (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/year/2014/sort/RPM) last year. It's particularly notable, because Real Plus Minus is very similar to RAPM thus it's logical that when RAPM is calculated, LeBron will have fallen significantly there as well and RAPM is one measure which LeBron has truly been superior to the rest of the league. Sometimes his effort on defense is disconcerting, but I suspect these statistical drops are mostly due to a lack of team familiarity and cohesiveness.

I imagine there will be some bounce back. That being said, I think this is how the beginning of the end starts, with reasons/excuses why the superstar player isn't performing as well as he was before. LeBron has over 34,000 minutes at age 30, it's reasonable to expect some drop off considering the peak age for typical NBA players is age 26 (source: Wage Of Wins (http://wagesofwins.com/nba-players-age-like-milk/)), but the significant drop has been a little surprising assuming it continues.

akagiredsuns
01-13-2015, 07:40 PM
QUOTE=Tony_Starks;29500774]Kobe is a scorer and plays a completely different game so efficiency stat comparisons wouldn't even be relevant to me.

Im not sure who said he would be "nothing" without his athleticism, that seems like a exaggeration. Like I said he can get numbers in his sleep, what does surprise me that his numbers aren't really having a impact when it counts. I've only seen him take over a couple games this season while also witnessing him on the wrong end of a few start to finish blowouts with him playing very badly....

If MVP voting was today I dont think it would be a stretch to say he'd maybe be in the top 5 and that's a BIG maybe.....[/QUOTE]

How about 0 maybe? Bron hasn't played in weeks and the fact that you would insinuate he's still possible top 5 for MVP is downright laughable. I can tell you hands down right now Stephen Curry, Marc Gasol, Anthony Davis, James Harden and even Jimmy Butler of the Bulls are a notable top five in the MVP right now since they are actually playing and not "nursing" an injury. LeBron. Lol :facepalm:

PHIN33
01-13-2015, 10:28 PM
I think the 4 years in Miami has taken a toll on him (considering the work load).That being said,I think LBJ well be fine come the playoffs (barring injury). I think he his doing different things right now in Cleveland so he can assess what he has to work with on the court. Every player declines as they age,but I don't think LBJ has as much as most seem to think. In other words I think it's part of his plan/strategy ( not to do it all every game ).

Oh and for what it's worth I'm not a fan of his at all,but I can appreciate his extreme skill set and athletic ability.

GCT
01-15-2015, 06:07 AM
He is not declining in any way. Injuries got in the way, but the Cavs will turn it around, just wait and see. And the rehab part in Miami has nothing to do with leaving the team, it's just because of the good climate.

Big Zo
01-15-2015, 10:44 AM
He is not declining in any way. Injuries got in the way, but the Cavs will turn it around, just wait and see. And the rehab part in Miami has nothing to do with leaving the team, it's just because of the good climate.

Injuries got in the way because his body is declining.

Vee-Rex
01-15-2015, 11:12 AM
I don't see Lebron truly declining until he's like 32.

People are judging him too much off his last year in Miami. That year was so ludicrous/extraordinary that any player in the history of the NBA would show 'declining' numbers after that. Lebron essentially returned back to normal this year, and I still believe he'll improve over the rest of the season.

This whole year is a trial period for Cleveland. Whether we finish in the top 4 or the bottom 4 for the playoffs, I guarantee no team in the Eastern Conference want to play us in the first round. With the talent we have, seeding is less important than chemistry, and no matter which position we end up if we start to gel towards the end of the year we'll be competing in the East.

Big Zo
01-15-2015, 11:20 AM
I don't see Lebron truly declining until he's like 32.

People are judging him too much off his last year in Miami. That year was so ludicrous/extraordinary that any player in the history of the NBA would show 'declining' numbers after that. Lebron essentially returned back to normal this year, and I still believe he'll improve over the rest of the season.

This whole year is a trial period for Cleveland. Whether we finish in the top 4 or the bottom 4 for the playoffs, I guarantee no team in the Eastern Conference want to play us in the first round. With the talent we have, seeding is less important than chemistry, and no matter which position we end up if we start to gel towards the end of the year we'll be competing in the East.

I'd love for the Heat to play the Cavs in the first round. That team is a mess from top to bottom, and they remind me of the 2013 Lakers.

Vee-Rex
01-15-2015, 11:33 AM
I'd love for the Heat to play the Cavs in the first round. That team is a mess from top to bottom, and they remind me of the 2013 Lakers.

Right now Heat might win... in May? Heat would lose.

That's if they make the playoffs anyway.

Big Zo
01-15-2015, 11:44 AM
Right now Heat might win... in May? Heat would lose.

That's if they make the playoffs anyway.
Are Kevin Love and Kyrie gonna suddenly become good defenders?

Tony_Starks
01-15-2015, 12:24 PM
QUOTE=Tony_Starks;29500774]Kobe is a scorer and plays a completely different game so efficiency stat comparisons wouldn't even be relevant to me.

If MVP voting was today I dont think it would be a stretch to say he'd maybe be in the top 5 and that's a BIG maybe.....

How about 0 maybe? Bron hasn't played in weeks and the fact that you would insinuate he's still possible top 5 for MVP is downright laughable. I can tell you hands down right now Stephen Curry, Marc Gasol, Anthony Davis, James Harden and even Jimmy Butler of the Bulls are a notable top five in the MVP right now since they are actually playing and not "nursing" an injury. LeBron. Lol :facepalm:[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Lebron groupie, pump your brakes partner. I said maybe top 5 because the media loves him and that's who votes. He for damn sure isn't in my top 5 this year.

Vinylman
01-15-2015, 02:13 PM
Injuries got in the way because his body is declining.

how people miss that point is mind boggling

Vee-Rex
01-15-2015, 03:22 PM
Are Kevin Love and Kyrie gonna suddenly become good defenders?

Won't matter. Wade will be injured and Bosh can't beat the Cavs by himself.

Face it bro, Heat sucks.

Big Zo
01-15-2015, 03:30 PM
Won't matter. Wade will be injured and Bosh can't beat the Cavs by himself.

Face it bro, Heat sucks.

The Cavs are what, a whopping 2 games ahead of the Heat? They've already lost to the Heat once, and you're gonna say the Heat suck? Please. Even without Wade, they'd win in like 5 or 6. Hassan Whiteside would take a dump on their interior D.

sargon21
01-15-2015, 03:30 PM
Anyone concerned that Lebron might have been on HGH?

(a friend brought this up to me, and seeing his decline in weight, and with the apparent change of testing going on in the NBA it seemed plausible)

Big Zo
01-15-2015, 03:31 PM

(a friend brought this up to me, and seeing his decline in weight, and with the apparent change of testing going on in the NBA it seemed plausible)

I'm under the impression that EVERYONE is on HGH.

JordansBulls
01-15-2015, 03:55 PM

And for Luol Deng to shut down Lebron like he usually does.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-15-2015, 05:03 PM
Called it first.

If you called it this year, you missed his decline the year prior.

I called it last year too, but I was called crazy. This year everyone is finally seeing what I've been saying.

Vee-Rex
01-15-2015, 06:24 PM
The Cavs are what, a whopping 2 games ahead of the Heat? They've already lost to the Heat once, and you're gonna say the Heat suck? Please. Even without Wade, they'd win in like 5 or 6. Hassan Whiteside would take a dump on their interior D.

I've noticed how bad of a homer you are and this proves it. Cavs have had a terrible season... improvements will be made. The Heat have capped. There is no getting better and they might not make the playoffs.

Cavs will finish with a better record, with a better team, and if the Heat play them in the playoffs they will get demolished. If you're so confident then sig bet me, otherwise pipe down.

numba1CHANGsta
01-15-2015, 06:50 PM
His hair is like an hour glass, once his hair is all gone, his time will be up

ziglur
01-15-2015, 06:55 PM

its the same when he went to Miami. Its not set up for the Cavs to win this year just as it wasnt set up for Miami to win his first year there. So why should he bust his butt this year. Its about Money

Big Zo
01-15-2015, 07:12 PM

I've noticed how bad of a homer you are and this proves it. Cavs have had a terrible season... improvements will be made. The Heat have capped. There is no getting better and they might not make the playoffs.

Cavs will finish with a better record, with a better team, and if the Heat play them in the playoffs they will get demolished. If you're so confident then sig bet me, otherwise pipe down.
People still do sig bets? Fine, whatever i'll do it. Should the Heat and Cavs meet in the playoffs, Heat will win.

Chronz
01-15-2015, 07:19 PM
I called it last year too, but I was called crazy. This year everyone is finally seeing what I've been saying.So when exactly did you call it and who called you crazy? Ur story changes so often i want to c where you stand this time

Vee-Rex
01-15-2015, 07:21 PM
His hair is like an hour glass, once his hair is all gone, his time will be up

LOL

People still do sig bets? Fine, whatever i'll do it. Should the Heat and Cavs meet in the playoffs, Heat will win.

Cool. You stop posting forever on PSD if the Cavs win and I will stop posting forever on PSD if the Heat win.

Wanna do one for best record?

Big Zo
01-15-2015, 07:25 PM
LOL

Cool. You stop posting forever on PSD if the Cavs win and I will stop posting forever on PSD if the Heat win.

Fine. And no, I don't think Miami will finish with a better record due to age/Wade missing games.

Corey
01-15-2015, 07:27 PM
How about 0 maybe? Bron hasn't played in weeks and the fact that you would insinuate he's still possible top 5 for MVP is downright laughable. I can tell you hands down right now Stephen Curry, Marc Gasol, Anthony Davis, James Harden and even Jimmy Butler of the Bulls are a notable top five in the MVP right now since they are actually playing and not "nursing" an injury. LeBron. Lol :facepalm:

Wall, Lillard and Lowry are on the backside of that MVP discussion after the big guns too. It wouldn't be hard to argue they're ahead of Lebron right now.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-15-2015, 07:31 PM
I called it last year too, but I was called crazy. This year everyone is finally seeing what I've been saying.So when exactly did you call it and who called you crazy? Ur story changes so often i want to c where you stand this time

Sometime early last season. And everyone went crazy claiming he's only getting better. But this year was the proof everyone needed to see.

ILLUSIONIST^248
01-15-2015, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=Vee-Rex;29520562]LOL

Fine. And no, I don't think Miami will finish with a better record due to age/Wade missing games.[/QUOTE
I hate Lebron more than anyone bro, but that's a dumb bet. The heat won't do any damage if they make the playoffs.

northpass523
01-15-2015, 07:44 PM
LeBron is just worn down and in a weird/bad situation with the Cavs. The team around him isn't very good, but that's what happens when you try to build an entire team in one offseason.

Basically everything about this season is worse for LeBron, and it's wearing on him physically and mentally.

Chronz
01-16-2015, 12:04 PM
Sometime early last season. And everyone went crazy claiming he's only getting better. But this year was the proof everyone needed to see.

So by everyone Im assuming a few homers you cant remember. Just wanna make sure this is the story your sticking to. I've asked you to clarify before but you ignored the post. Did you consider him declining the first year he joined Miami and then did he "ascend" again once he got acclimated?

FlashBolt
01-16-2015, 12:12 PM
For Christ's sake, he hasn't even fallen off that much. For all we know, his decline can be attributed to the FACT that this Cleveland team isn't as experienced as the Miami Heat squad he led and was accustomed to. I don't think anyone needs to elaborate on the fact that when a player is in a new system, they have to evolve and adapt. LeBron is still evolving and adapting with this new team along with his teammates. We also know that LeBron has SLIMMED down. He's already prepping for the next generation of basketball. Lots of changes.. let's not just say "declining" without clarifying the situation at hand.

Chronz
01-16-2015, 01:20 PM
let's not just say "declining" without clarifying the situation at hand.

Thats what we're trying to do here.

ChicagoJ
01-16-2015, 02:29 PM
I haven't watched a ton of LeBron games this year, but just going by the numbers he doesn't seem to have fallen off that much. His numbers are down a bit, but it isn't like he's a shell of what he has been in his career.

That Miami team was a super team and I felt during that run it was the best team LeBron would ever be a part of. Winning championships would be much more difficult with other teams, just because of how stacked Miami was. It was a dream team for LeBron. He had the teammates to dish the ball out to, which is the core of his game. He isn't comfortable having to be a scorer like Kobe or Mj. That isn't what he tries to do.

But, given that this is the first year with this team they are trying to figure it out. Also, LeBron predicted this would be a difficult road and would take time to build.

If I had to guess, I would say LeBron is making adjustments and may be getting better as a player. He's not trying to do what he did early in his career where he had to do it all. He's allowing his numbers to go down as his team works on its chemistry. But again, I haven't watched that many cavs games this year so there could be something I'm missing.

Brock17
01-18-2015, 05:01 AM
LeBron is just worn down and in a weird/bad situation with the Cavs. The team around him isn't very good, but that's what happens when you try to build an entire team in one offseason.

Basically everything about this season is worse for LeBron, and it's wearing on him physically and mentally.

This is lies because LeBron himself said before the year that this would be a long process to build up I to a champion maybe even years he said. So I doubt that he's trying to just go all in for this year.

Brock17
01-18-2015, 05:05 AM
I haven't watched a ton of LeBron games this year, but just going by the numbers he doesn't seem to have fallen off that much. His numbers are down a bit, but it isn't like he's a shell of what he has been in his career.

That Miami team was a super team and I felt during that run it was the best team LeBron would ever be a part of. Winning championships would be much more difficult with other teams, just because of how stacked Miami was. It was a dream team for LeBron. He had the teammates to dish the ball out to, which is the core of his game. He isn't comfortable having to be a scorer like Kobe or Mj. That isn't what he tries to do.

But, given that this is the first year with this team they are trying to figure it out. Also, LeBron predicted this would be a difficult road and would take time to build.

If I had to guess, I would say LeBron is making adjustments and may be getting better as a player. He's not trying to do what he did early in his career where he had to do it all. He's allowing his numbers to go down as his team works on its chemistry. But again, I haven't watched that many cavs games this year so there could be something I'm missing.

Exactly LeBron is far from falling off, he is creating a new role for himself instead of going out and trying to a average 30 a game. It's going to take more than that to win a championship in Cleveland with career lovers like love and irving.

cahawk
01-18-2015, 05:06 AM
Lebron is in complete decline obviously, since coming back in his 3 games he has scored: 33, 36 & 32.
And beating the Clippers in LA with Love out, Sounds like total collapse, should the Cavs cut him??

Brock17
01-18-2015, 05:13 AM
Lebron is in complete decline obviously, since coming back in his 3 games he has scored: 33, 36 & 32.
And beating the Clippers in LA with Love out, Sounds like total collapse, should the Cavs cut him??

You must be confusing points with minutes played. There's no way LeBron could put up such buckets when he's fallen off.

Brock17
01-18-2015, 05:15 AM
The player whose to blame for the cavs lack of success is Kevin love bum ***. This dude looks nothing like he did in Minnesota.

The last part of the puzzle that stinks is blatt. Dudes a terrible coach.

Goose17
01-18-2015, 03:02 PM
Removing the fact that I'm a Warriors fan. At the core, I'm a basketball fan. And when it comes to the NBA any time two guys come along that look like future hall of famers, you want to see them square off as much as possible right?

Jordan was winning his last title when Kobe was in his third season, due to Kobe's youth and Jordans retirement (the second one) and twilight years, we never got to see the two of them play each other in a seven game series.

Lebron and KD met once in the finals, but OKC simply weren't ready (and neither was KD imo). But now, they're more battle tested and with Lebron going back to Cleveland it looked like there might have been a rematch between the two, but it's highly unlikely now. Cleveland are struggling and honestly I don't see them making it out of the second round. On top of that there still exists a possibility (small as it may seem) that OKC don't even make the post season this year.

Lebron isn't getting any younger. Do you think we will get a chance to see these two square off again in the finals before Lebron starts to truly decline?

I sort of want to see them go at it now that KD is entering his prime and Lebron is (in theory) still in his. Otherwise, if they meet later, it will be a case of "oh yeah well Lebron wasn't in his prime" or if they never meet in the finals again it will be "KD wasn't in his prime in 2012 so..."

I want to see Lebron versus KD in a seven game series one more time before the decline begins (or before KD leaves in free agency to join somewhere else lol).

I'll even take Irving - Lebron - Love VS Westbrook - Durant - Ibaka. That will do just fine. I just want to see this in a 7 game playoff atmosphere.

But then again I think the Warriors are about to ten-peat so we probably won't see OKC in the finals for a while.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Decline so much?

jerellh528
01-25-2015, 08:31 PM
Decline so much?

He's certainly looked good during this little 4 or 5 or whatever game burst.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 08:35 PM
Called it first.

This guy agreed with everything demarderozen said.

IKnowHoops
01-25-2015, 08:52 PM
He's certainly looked good during this little 4 or 5 or whatever game burst.

I just think its funny that people can't/refuse to see a difference between decline and effort.

lol, please
01-26-2015, 01:42 AM
Yes. :laugh2:

slashsnake
01-26-2015, 04:57 AM

Not really. I think someone would have seen him eating and came out and said that is BS about his new diet, I see him trying to eat like crazy to bulk up and he's losing weight.

It is interesting how similar a lot of this season is to his first with Miami.

The records a bit worse now, but that was a really slow start in Miami (9-8 record at one point) but Miami was 26-9 and Cleveland is 23-12 in his first 35 games played.

Lebron first 35 games in with Miami... 24.4 a game 35 games in and was down in every possible stat from the year before in Cleveland a lot more than his stats have dipped this year so far.

Yeah he's older and more wear and tear on him, but I'm going to wait for more than 35 games, a lot of which he was playing hurt to judge.

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 10:35 AM
LeBron being on HGH. Is there anything you guys won't scoop to? You know how many guys are bigger than LeBron or just as athletic? LeBron, Rose, Jordan, Ewing, Wilt, Westbrook, and countless others. So, you're telling me that LeBron is on HGH despite being the most popular athlete and world wide known? Yeah, sounds legit. I guess any and everyone coming back from an injury and playing better are well, taking illegal substances.

FlashBolt
01-26-2015, 10:55 AM
Now that the King is finally falling what are all of you Lebrondickriders going to do?http://financenot.com/image/images/23.gifhttp://financenot.com/image/images/40.gif

Just give up.. Amost1r.. don't you have bills to pay?

IKnowHoops
01-26-2015, 12:51 PM
Just give up.. Amost1r.. don't you have bills to pay?

On cue.