PDA

View Full Version : Utah's Trevor Booker sinks wild shot with 0.2 seconds on shot clock

spreadeagle
01-10-2015, 02:31 AM
Impressive

It is widely known that NBA rules prohibit a player from catching and shooting the ball off an inbounds pass when there are 0.3 seconds or fewer on the shot or game clock. The idea is that it is physically impossible the specific time listed might be an estimate but it makes a lot of sense. If a team is going to score, they're going to have to do so via a tip-in around the basket. There is just no other way.

Or so we thought up until Friday night. With 1:01 on the clock in the Utah Jazz's road game against the Oklahoma City Thunder, Gordon Hayward prepared to throw in an inbound pass with only 0.2 seconds on the shot clock following a deflection. Trevor Booker entered the game for Utah after the whistle. Here's what he did on his first touch: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/utah-s-trevor-booker-hits-the-shot-of-the-season-in-0-2-seconds-024101951.html

Feel free to watch that one a few dozen more times. If you can't tell, Booker manages to loft the ball over his head with a two-handed touch something between a volleyball set and a touch-pass and right through the hoop for a swish.

There will be more dramatic shots this season, but I am fairly comfortable proclaiming that there will not be a more surprising or shocking basket for the rest of this season. Heck, we might not see one for another decade, if not longer.

The Thunder eventually won this game 99-94 as Booker finished with eight points on 3-of-8 shooting. Honestly, though, this shot probably should have counted for another six points.

goingfor28
01-10-2015, 02:36 AM
Hahaha that's great

Raps18-19 Champ
01-10-2015, 02:42 AM
Imagine if that was a game winner.

Shady66
01-10-2015, 02:46 AM
That was incredible

HoopsDrive
01-10-2015, 04:49 AM
We may not see this again in another 15 years... amazing luck of the draw there, if this won a game I can't imagine what the reaction would be.

PurpleLynch
01-10-2015, 07:36 AM
Send Booker to the Harlem Globetrotters.

NYKnickFanatic
01-10-2015, 12:18 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lCIAgDLRDgY

kdspurman
01-10-2015, 03:12 PM
1 of the craziest shots I've seen... Seems like maybe that's been practiced

tredigs
01-10-2015, 03:56 PM
1 of the craziest shots I've seen... Seems like maybe that's been practiced
Definitely, I think it has. Smart play to combat a defensive barrier around the oop. Don't know if you saw it the other day but Manu had a slap/hook play off the inbound streaming across the paint in a similar situation. He got close, but missed.

I posted this Booker link in the game thread after it happened and it got 0 reaction. I'm like "oh - guess it wasn't that special...". Lol this place is kind of dying.

Hawkeye15
01-10-2015, 06:11 PM
hahahaha, that was ****ing awesome. Love Gordon's reaction

kdspurman
01-10-2015, 06:26 PM
Definitely, I think it has. Smart play to combat a defensive barrier around the oop. Don't know if you saw it the other day but Manu had a slap/hook play off the inbound streaming across the paint in a similar situation. He got close, but missed.

I posted this Booker link in the game thread after it happened and it got 0 reaction. I'm like "oh - guess it wasn't that special...". Lol this place is kind of dying.

Definitely smart... I missed Manu's I think (though he's Always doing something crazy)but doesn't surprise me . he's a very smart dude.. But I mean if you ever are down a FG, coaches and players automatically defend for a lob to the basket. This is a creative alternative.

I wasn't in the GT last night but I'm shocked it got 0 reaction. It was awesome lol it has been quiet here lately (hence the weekly game threads now :) ) hopefully it picks up again as the season progresses