PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix acquire Brandan Wright

leprechaun5
01-09-2015, 06:53 PM
The Phoenix Suns are finalizing a trade to acquire Boston Celtics forward Brandan Wright, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Suns will send the Celtics the 2015 first-round draft pick they own from the Minnesota Timberwolves, sources told Yahoo.

The pick is protected from Nos. 1-12 in the 2015 and '16 drafts. If the Timberwolves hold onto it through both drafts, they will then instead send their 2016 and '17 second-round picks.

Wright was traded to Boston in last month's deal that sent Rajon Rondo to the Dallas Mavericks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--suns-finalizing-deal-to-acquire-brandan-wright-224703504.html

mngopher35
01-09-2015, 06:56 PM
My guess is it will be two second rounders, we can't compete that quickly even with our young talent getting experience now.

Stunner
01-09-2015, 06:56 PM
Boston cleaned house today

RLundi
01-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Boston LOADING UP on draft picks.

Touché, Ainge. Touché.

Chronz
01-09-2015, 07:02 PM
FUARK!!!

Clips ****ed

tredigs
01-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Ohh ****in' A. Another West team improves. The games are getting so fun to watch every night, though.

Raps08-09 Champ
01-09-2015, 07:20 PM
Nice trade.

Iron24th
01-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Boston fire sale

leprechaun5
01-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Boston also got a trade exception.

LanceUpperCut
01-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Great deal for the Suns. Wright seem's like a nice fit there.

smith&wesson
01-09-2015, 07:29 PM

+1

AnthonyTyrael2
01-09-2015, 07:32 PM

Hope he finally earns minutes and breaks out. His short Boston tenure was underperforming.

Crackadalic
01-09-2015, 07:37 PM
Somehow the east is just giving away everything to the western conference.

SportsFanatic10
01-09-2015, 07:42 PM
boston had too many bigs, the frontcourt was crowded so it was a good move by them. but i like it for the suns as well, he seems like a good fit there.

Htownballa1622
01-09-2015, 07:47 PM
**** would Phoenix just rebuild already?

What are they trying to do?

Give us Gogi!:mad:

SF8
01-09-2015, 07:59 PM

Not happening. If we trade any of our 3 established PGs, it will be Isaiah Thomas.

Htownballa1622
01-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Not happening. If we trade any of our 3 established PGs, it will be Isaiah Thomas.

Then risk losing him in free agency :shrug:

JPHX
01-09-2015, 11:29 PM

We're not gonna lose him. #fact

OT Thriller
01-09-2015, 11:35 PM
This is a sneaky good pick up by the Suns (if that draft pick ends up not being a 1st round pick in 15 or 16).

The Suns need depth at the center position. Plumlee has been bad and Len could go down at any minute. When given minutes, Wright's been very efficient. It's sure a hell of a lot better for him than having absolutely 0 playing time in Boston. He could really thrive here and Phoenix needs all the help they can to get in the playoffs.

Htownballa1622
01-10-2015, 01:01 AM
We're not gonna lose him. #fact

Then pay 3 pgs 30-35 mil. See how well that works.

SportsFanatic10
01-10-2015, 01:39 AM

i don't see him going to houston...you guys should of kept him when you had him. that ship has sailed imo.

Htownballa1622
01-10-2015, 01:51 AM
i don't see him going to houston...you guys should of kept him when you had him. that ship has sailed imo.

You may be right but we could trade for him. We have assets. He'll be a free agent.

I agree with you though. We should've kept him.

Duncan = Donkey
01-10-2015, 02:02 AM

Or just trade Thomas.......your being so black and white abut this. PHX has options.

SportsFanatic10
01-10-2015, 02:15 AM
You may be right but we could trade for him. We have assets. He'll be a free agent.

the suns don't seem like they want to trade him, but you never know i guess.

ya it sucks when your team lets a player go only to regret it later. i still wish miami had kept beverley lol. considering how bad chalmers and cole and the heat defenser are he would be a huge improvement right about now.

Htownballa1622
01-10-2015, 02:15 AM
Or just trade Thomas.......your being so black and white abut this. PHX has options.

Yeah. Yall could trade thomas too. I'm not discounting that.

should be interesting time around February. Yall have a stretch of games between Jan 21 and Feb 5th.

Portland
Houston
clippers
DC
Bulls
Warriors
grizz
Portland.

Ouch.

Htownballa1622
01-10-2015, 02:18 AM
the suns don't seem like they want to trade him, but you never know i guess.

ya it sucks when your team lets a player go only to regret it later. i still wish miami had kept beverley lol.

Yeah. Seems like they're making a push going after Wright.

We'll see after their tough upcoming schedule.

I feel ya. I love bev but he can be frustrating.

Totally disappears at times.....

He would have fit in well in miami the past few years though.

Edit:wow it sounds like I was being shady in the above comment but i didn't even put two and two together lol. I swear that wasn't'ta low Jab at the heat. Lmao. That looked bad when I read it back.

Those two comments should be separated.

Duncan = Donkey
01-10-2015, 02:24 AM
Yeah. Yall could trade thomas too. I'm not discounting that.

should be interesting time around February. Yall have a stretch of games between Jan 21 and Feb 5th.

Portland
Houston
clippers
DC
Bulls
Warriors
grizz
Portland.

Ouch.

I personally dont think we will make the playoffs, OKC are too good and will catch us. And yeah that run of games is brutal :ohno:

SportsFanatic10
01-10-2015, 02:34 AM
Yeah. Seems like they're making a push going after Wright.

We'll see after their tough upcoming schedule.

I feel ya. I love bev but he can be frustrating.

Totally disappears at times.....

He would have fit in well in miami the past few years though.

Edit:wow it sounds like I was being shady in the above comment but i didn't even put two and two together lol. I swear that wasn't'ta low Jab at the heat. Lmao. That looked bad when I read it back.

Those two comments should be separated.

lol no i get it...he definitely disappears on the offensive end some nights. he's more of a defensive player, i know that from having him in fantasy last year. but his defense is always solid from what i can tell, and that's valuable when your pg can slow down opposing pgs from getting in the lane and breaking down the whole defense like what happens to the the heat constantly.

Htownballa1622
01-10-2015, 02:35 AM
I personally dont think we will make the playoffs, OKC are too good and will catch us. And yeah that run of games is brutal :ohno:

If you could trade thomas or something for a player, what would yall be looking for?

Wing?forward?big man? Just curious.

SportsFanatic10
01-10-2015, 02:36 AM
anyways, i wonder how the suns center rotation will shake out now with len/plumlee and now wright

Htownballa1622
01-10-2015, 02:38 AM
lol no i get it...he definitely disappears on the offensive end some nights. he's more of a defensive player, i know that from having him in fantasy last year. but his defense is always solid from what i can tell, and that's valuable when your pg can slow down opposing pgs from getting in the lane and breaking down the whole defense like what happens to the the heat constantly.

I hear ya. He dies hit the 3 at a reasonable clip.
Hell be a free agent this summer so interesting to see what happens. I prefer him in the backup role. Great change of pace if he comes off bench behind solid starter.

Goose17
01-10-2015, 06:28 AM
This is a nice move for Phoenix. If they keep winning and improving OKC could miss the playoffs.

Goose17
01-10-2015, 06:30 AM
Hell be a free agent this summer so interesting to see what happens. I prefer him in the backup role. Great change of pace if he comes off bench behind solid starter.

I love your sig.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-10-2015, 10:07 AM

Not bad when they play 2 PG's at same time so it's two positions. Also new TV deal kicking in, in a couple years up to like $90M or more. Gotta spend the money somewhere. Figure they have tons of young guys on rookie deals so the vets gotta get paid to fill the capspace up.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
01-10-2015, 10:12 AM

Only assets worth talking about is the Pelicans pick. If they miss playoffs most likely #14 overall. Not to exciting in a crapshoot draft after top three picks. All the other young guys at end of the bench like Capela are so so. No deal breakers. Black was decent but waived. Most of the Rockets trading assets are the starting line up. Doubt you part with any of them.

Htownballa1622
01-10-2015, 02:06 PM
I love your sig.

Lol Thanks. Which one?

Not bad when they play 2 PG's at same time so it's two positions. Also new TV deal kicking in, in a couple years up to like $90M or more. Gotta spend the money somewhere. Figure they have tons of young guys on rookie deals so the vets gotta get paid to fill the capspace up.

I suppose but do you think paying 3 pgs that amount of money while paying the twins the money they pay will be good when they're hovering around the 8 seed? What's the ultimate goal? Getting in 8th seed every year? Then yeah, it's not a bad deal if that's the goal.

Only assets worth talking about is the Pelicans pick. If they miss playoffs most likely #14 overall. Not to exciting in a crapshoot draft after top three picks. All the other young guys at end of the bench like Capela are so so. No deal breakers. Black was decent but waived. Most of the Rockets trading assets are the starting line up. Doubt you part with any of them.

Pels pick, Terrance Jones, D Mo, Papanikalou, Terry(expiring), Canan, Johnson, Beverly, Capella, Knicks second rounder this year. Multiple future 1sts or seconds.
I think we have more assets than you're acknowledging.

SportsFanatic10
01-10-2015, 02:09 PM

ya i agree, ideally he's a very solid 3 and D player off the bench. but the pg situation is so desperate in miami he'd practically look like an allstar compared to chalmers/cole lol.

Htownballa1622
01-10-2015, 02:11 PM
ya i agree, ideally he's a very solid 3 and D player off the bench. but the pg situation is so desperate in miami he'd practically look like an allstar compared to chalmers/cole lol.

haha.

Has Napier been ok? Haven't seen much of him. I'm assuming Cole leaves when he can and then y'all decide on Napier b4 trying to get a franchise pg?

SportsFanatic10
01-10-2015, 02:29 PM
haha.

Has Napier been ok? Haven't seen much of him. I'm assuming Cole leaves when he can and then y'all decide on Napier b4 trying to get a franchise pg?

hard to know yet. he was alright early on, even playing the whole 4th quarter in the closing lineup at first. but hes fallen out of the rotation, mostly because his defense has been bad and he basically has a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio. he seems to have a hard time fighting through screens and staying in front of his man. but he's shot the 3 pretty well, and i do think he should be in the rotation. he keeps getting sent down to the d-league, he just got brought back up before the last game vs portland. he didn't play till garbage time in the 4th though.

Htownballa1622
01-10-2015, 02:34 PM
hard to know yet. he was alright early on, even playing the whole 4th quarter in the closing lineup at first. but hes fallen out of the rotation, mostly because his defense has been bad and he basically has a 1:1 assist to turnover ratio. he seems to have a hard time fighting through screens and staying in front of his man. but he's shot the 3 pretty well, and i do think he should be in the rotation. he keeps getting sent down to the d-league, he just got brought back up before the last game vs portland. he didn't play till garbage time in the 4th though.

Ah, I see.

I didn't realize after looking at numbers that Cole hasn't shot the ball well. Should be interesting to see what happens with Miami going forward. I'm sure Pat has things up his sleeve.

BKdoubleStacker
01-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Don't really get this for the suns. They need to trade one of their point guards

SportsFanatic10
01-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Ah, I see.

I didn't realize after looking at numbers that Cole hasn't shot the ball well. Should be interesting to see what happens with Miami going forward. I'm sure Pat has things up his sleeve.

i hope so, looks like his plan is for 2016. but ya cole is fast and that's about it. he has a good game like 1 out of every 20 or 30 lol. but overall he's a below average pg in every way. his speed is useless alot of the times because he gets out of control and can't even finish at the rim at a good rate when he gets there. plus his court vision is terrible so he never utilized the drive and kick, he's just zoned in on the rim. and his defense has fallen off too.

likemystylez
01-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Boston cleaned house today

I really am losing respect for boston as an organization- the best way to build a quality foundation is to let the team grow together- you cant just trade for a guy then send him out less than a week later and expect that to help you win games.

It reminds me of 10 or 11 yrs ago when the hawks traded for rasheed wallace then sent him packing like 3 days later. At the time boris diaw was a rookie and he said he knew right away he didnt want to stay with that organization because they were more interested in making trades than trying to win games (which was something boris thought was important)

likemystylez
01-10-2015, 03:21 PM
Don't really get this for the suns. They need to trade one of their point guards

LOl well they dont tade guys just to trade them- if you can get a rotation big as good as wright for nothing- why not

lboogie2746
01-10-2015, 03:32 PM
Wright should fit good wit the Suns, but shouldn't they be trying to trade one of those million guards they got?

KnicksorBust
01-10-2015, 03:48 PM

Never should have signed him in the first place.

Goose17
01-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Lol Thanks. Which one?

All... but the first and last are the best.

SportsFanatic10
01-10-2015, 04:10 PM
I really am losing respect for boston as an organization- the best way to build a quality foundation is to let the team grow together- you cant just trade for a guy then send him out less than a week later and expect that to help you win games.

It reminds me of 10 or 11 yrs ago when the hawks traded for rasheed wallace then sent him packing like 3 days later. At the time boris diaw was a rookie and he said he knew right away he didnt want to stay with that organization because they were more interested in making trades than trying to win games (which was something boris thought was important)

huh? they're planning on building through the draft and then growing as a team and trying to win games. once they decided to move on from rondo, they made it known that they're clearly looking to the future not the present. they've accumulated a bunch of draft picks and are doing a fantastic job setting themselves up imo.

Htownballa1622
01-10-2015, 06:53 PM
All... but the first and last are the best.

Glad you enjoyed the way I do. Lol

:laugh2:

I know it's kinda long but I think ppl should be held accountable for the silliness they post haha.

Duncan = Donkey
01-10-2015, 11:15 PM
If you could trade thomas or something for a player, what would yall be looking for?

Id like to do Thomas, Plumlee for Deng.

Duncan = Donkey
01-10-2015, 11:17 PM
Never should have signed him in the first place.

Why not? he is now a tradeable asset.

Duncan = Donkey
01-10-2015, 11:23 PM

That logic makes no sense.

mightybosstone
01-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Wright is a perfect fit for what Phoenix needs, but I don't know that I'm ready to take them seriously in the West just yet.

Duncan = Donkey
01-10-2015, 11:25 PM
Wright is a perfect fit for what Phoenix needs, but I don't know that I'm ready to take them seriously in the West just yet.

They are not a contender, so your comment is odd.

mightybosstone
01-10-2015, 11:38 PM
They are not a contender, so your comment is odd.

I never said they were a contender, nor have I ever thought that. But when I say that I'm not taking them seriously in the West, I don't think they're on the same level as the seven teams ahead of them or a healthy OKC team. And I don't think they have much of a chance of winning a playoff series barring some freakishly good play over a really small sample size.

In the East, Phoenix would be a threat to make a deep playoff run. In the West, they'd be lucky to go six games in the first round before being eliminated.

Duncan = Donkey
01-10-2015, 11:51 PM
I never said they were a contender, nor have I ever thought that. But when I say that I'm not taking them seriously in the West, I don't think they're on the same level as the seven teams ahead of them or a healthy OKC team. And I don't think they have much of a chance of winning a playoff series barring some freakishly good play over a really small sample size.

In the East, Phoenix would be a threat to make a deep playoff run. In the West, they'd be lucky to go six games in the first round before being eliminated.

Ah ok, i agree with nearly everything you said. I do however think they could 'suprise' a team and knock them out in the playoffs. I think they could knock out the Spurs. Portland and Dallas.

TrueFan420
01-11-2015, 12:08 AM
Isn't center more of a need for you than SF

Htownballa1622
01-11-2015, 12:34 AM

That's to much for Deng imo. You could get more than just Deng I think.

SF8
01-11-2015, 01:01 AM

I'm a Suns fan and I wouldn't take them seriously either. They haven't earned it.

Last season, completely different story.

SF8
01-11-2015, 01:05 AM
Hopefully he can play in Memphis tomorrow, we need him.

SF8
01-11-2015, 01:06 AM

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/554139426943959041

SF8
01-11-2015, 01:07 AM

Ideally a starting caliber PF who can defend and rebound at a good level.

Someone like Taj Gibson. Maybe even add in something to the deal to it done.

Htownballa1622
01-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Ideally a starting caliber PF who can defend and rebound at a good level.

Someone like Taj Gibson. Maybe even add in something to the deal to it done.

So then what do u make of makieff...how do u feel about him?

Htownballa1622
01-11-2015, 01:26 AM
https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/554139426943959041

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24821591/why-goran-dragic-might-consider-the-lakers-or-rockets-in-free-agency

Sportfan
01-11-2015, 01:42 AM

Uhh what? You're comparing a prime Rasheed Wallace who was an all star 20 ppg player to Brandon Wright who is a role player 3rd big at best? Terrible example.

Duncan = Donkey
01-11-2015, 02:11 AM
Isn't center more of a need for you than SF

Not with Lens recent play, And now adding Wright. I think our biggest need Is a proper PF. (one who can rebound and play good defense)

Duncan = Donkey
01-11-2015, 02:13 AM

Terrible rebounder, bad defense, good scorer. He's an ideal Big off the bench who should be a perennial 6th MOY candidate.

Duncan = Donkey
01-11-2015, 02:14 AM
That's to much for Deng imo. You could get more than just Deng I think.

Maybe....Plumlee is awful though.

TrueFan420
01-11-2015, 02:57 AM
Not with Lens recent play, And now adding Wright. I think our biggest need Is a proper PF. (one who can rebound and play good defense)

Wright is more of a PF than a center. And can Lens be expected to keep this up? Wasn't it just last year that Plumlee was playing well for an extend stretch. And now he's struggling. I think you guys need to make a move for a better more consistent center who can anchor your defense over a SF

Duncan = Donkey
01-11-2015, 04:30 AM
Wright is more of a PF than a center. And can Lens be expected to keep this up? Wasn't it just last year that Plumlee was playing well for an extend stretch. And now he's struggling. I think you guys need to make a move for a better more consistent center who can anchor your defense over a SF

He spent more time at C at Dallas then PF, our GM referred to him as a center, and the Suns leading beat writer said he is most likely taking Plumlee minutes. So therefore it does not matter because PHX will play him at C (99% sure anyway)

Since Len has been starter, we are 10-4 and he is averaging 7.2/7.2/3 blk in 22 minutes and playing defense we haven't seen a Suns center do for lord knows how long. Can he keep it up....i mean its just an impossible question to answer. I dont see why he cant though? i only see him getting better and better.

Who though?? I still say PF, who can rebound/defend is our biggest need.

SF8
01-11-2015, 04:37 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24821591/why-goran-dragic-might-consider-the-lakers-or-rockets-in-free-agency
Nothing from Dragic himself.

Here's something from Dragic himself

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/phoenix-suns-goran-dragic-says-142021630.html

Only way Dragic leaves PHX is if the Suns decide to cut ties. But again, I can't see that happening. You should know by now that Sarver cares A LOT about money and ditching a fan favorite like Goran meas less butts in the seats meaning less money for Sarver.

Its sad to see people lick their chops about getting Goran. It reminds me of when every team's fan was licking their chops about getting Bledsoe. Neither will happen.

Now, if you want to lick your chops about a Suns guard, lick away about Isaiah Thomas. He's not bad. He's just redundant in PHX.

Hell Houston could trade the Pels pick and Motiejunas for IT and I think the Suns would have to strongly consider that.

SF8
01-11-2015, 04:37 AM

6th man type big who is only skilled at one single thing..low post scoring. Terrible rebounder, terrible defender, and terrible at everything else that isn't low post scoring.

SportsFanatic10
01-11-2015, 06:47 AM
Maybe....Plumlee is awful though.

ya i'm not a fan of plumlee, but i'd be tempted to take that deal if i were pat. then turn around and try and trade either birdman or plumlee along with cole for another small forward. of maybe somehow find one with the injury exception for mcroberts.

Htownballa1622
01-11-2015, 10:51 AM
Nothing from Dragic himself.

Here's something from Dragic himself

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/phoenix-suns-goran-dragic-says-142021630.html

Only way Dragic leaves PHX is if the Suns decide to cut ties. But again, I can't see that happening. You should know by now that Sarver cares A LOT about money and ditching a fan favorite like Goran meas less butts in the seats meaning less money for Sarver.

Its sad to see people lick their chops about getting Goran. It reminds me of when every team's fan was licking their chops about getting Bledsoe. Neither will happen.

Now, if you want to lick your chops about a Suns guard, lick away about Isaiah Thomas. He's not bad. He's just redundant in PHX.

Hell Houston could trade the Pels pick and Motiejunas for IT and I think the Suns would have to strongly consider that.

Yeah I read that article from September. The one I posted was from November.

I get that he wants to stay but don't you think he might want to win and make money? If course teams would lick their chops. Is the nature of the business .

I wouldn't trade dmo for i.t. straight up. I think you're over valuing thomas.

We'll see how right after that tough stretch of games plays out.

It'd be more like Pels pick and one of dmo or Jones for dragic.

We're not trading for a barely 6 ft. Guard that pretty much just shoots.

Goose17
01-11-2015, 11:15 AM
I.T is a decent distributor as well^ ...In the right system.

I don't understand why the Houston camp want to take the ball out of Hardens hands. I always thought Beverley was the perfect sidekick in the backcourt for Harden. Defensive minded. Can play off the ball pretty effectively. Basically the opposite of James.

mightybosstone
01-11-2015, 11:48 AM
I.T is a decent distributor as well^ ...In the right system.

I don't understand why the Houston camp want to take the ball out of Hardens hands. I always thought Beverley was the perfect sidekick in the backcourt for Harden. Defensive minded. Can play off the ball pretty effectively. Basically the opposite of James.

I don't know that it's necessarily about fit so much as it is about talent. I love Beverley, and I do think he's the perfect fit next to Harden. But if you can add a player of Dragic's talent level, you do it. Also, the Rockets could use another ball handler in their offense. Their offense has been stagnant at time this year, especially when Harden is on the bench. Adding Dragic could really help that.

Goose17
01-11-2015, 12:47 PM
I don't know that it's necessarily about fit so much as it is about talent. I love Beverley, and I do think he's the perfect fit next to Harden. But if you can add a player of Dragic's talent level, you do it. Also, the Rockets could use another ball handler in their offense. Their offense has been stagnant at time this year, especially when Harden is on the bench. Adding Dragic could really help that.

You think they would use Dragic as a 6th man?

It's not always about bringing in the most talented guys. I mean look at Kobe, Dwight, Nash. Garnett, Deron, Pierce, Joe Johnson. Lebron, Love and Irving. Obviously these are "bigger" examples and we've still to see how the last one turns out.

But sometimes, a lot of the time, what fits and what works for chemistry is better.

Warriors front office will be glad they kept Klay and Lee. Despite people believing Love is more talented.

TrueFan420
01-11-2015, 12:56 PM
He spent more time at C at Dallas then PF, our GM referred to him as a center, and the Suns leading beat writer said he is most likely taking Plumlee minutes. So therefore it does not matter because PHX will play him at C (99% sure anyway)

Since Len has been starter, we are 10-4 and he is averaging 7.2/7.2/3 blk in 22 minutes and playing defense we haven't seen a Suns center do for lord knows how long. Can he keep it up....i mean its just an impossible question to answer. I dont see why he cant though? i only see him getting better and better.

Who though?? I still say PF, who can rebound/defend is our biggest need.

He's been played they're lately but he's not a traditional center. He's beeing played out of position.

Fair enough. But isn't that what Suns fans were saying about plumlee last year?

That's the toughest question there aren't many options at the center position.

Goose17
01-11-2015, 12:59 PM
He's been played they're lately but he's not a traditional center. He's beeing played out of position.

Neither is Speights but it's working for us, temporarily. Could say the same about Draymond at the stretch 4. He was a wing coming into the league.

TrueFan420
01-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Neither is Speights but it's working for us, temporarily. Could say the same about Draymond at the stretch 4. He was a wing coming into the league.

Green was always a tweener. And yes Moe is working out for us at the moment playing out of position. Yes they can both score there but neither can defend the other 5's like they need to.

mightybosstone
01-11-2015, 01:02 PM
I think it would sort of depend on how he works with the rotation. Smith seemed like a lock to start, but its clear that at this point he's better suited to come off the bench. Personally, I think Dragic could start and be a nice complementary guard next to Harden. And Beverley could come off the bench to play either guard role for 25 minutes a night.

It's not always about bringing in the most talented guys. I mean look at Kobe, Dwight, Nash. Garnett, Deron, Pierce, Joe Johnson. Lebron, Love and Irving. Obviously these are "bigger" examples and we've still to see how the last one turns out.

But sometimes, a lot of the time, what fits and what works for chemistry is better.

Warriors front office will be glad they kept Klay and Lee. Despite people believing Love is more talented.
Yeah, but I don't know that this is one of those cases. Dragic has played a variety of roles in the past, and he's used to playing both guard positions pretty regularly. And if he can hit set 3-pointers and penetrate and finish around the rim, he's a good fit in this offense. Plus, Morey and McHale love the guy.

Htownballa1622
01-11-2015, 01:42 PM

I think they could start both but stagger their mins so there's always one playmaker on the floor.

Dude. ..Yall are going to trade lee by deadline. Or so I thought?

Green is due for a pay day and Lee can get back expirings that could help out in playoffs.

I don't see lee with yall past deadline. If so, green is gone next year.

Goose17
01-11-2015, 02:09 PM
I think they could start both but stagger their mins so there's always one playmaker on the floor.

Dude. ..Yall are going to trade lee by deadline. Or so I thought?

Green is due for a pay day and Lee can get back expirings that could help out in playoffs.

I don't see lee with yall past deadline. If so, green is gone next year.

We can go over the cap to sign Green. Warriors can match any offer he gets.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lee being traded. Don't know any warriors fans that are against it. But personally I don't think we could get fair value in return, so I would rather hang onto him. Not many teams have an all star power forward on their bench.

Htownballa1622
01-11-2015, 02:34 PM
We can go over the cap to sign Green. Warriors can match any offer he gets.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lee being traded. Don't know any warriors fans that are against it. But personally I don't think we could get fair value in return, so I would rather hang onto him. Not many teams have an all star power forward on their bench.

Yeah but yall are going to go WAY over?

I feel you but let's be real... lee isn't an all star in today's nba. Too much talent out west. Fringe all star yes. All star. No. Especially with the season he's been having.

Goose17
01-11-2015, 02:46 PM
Yeah but yall are going to go WAY over?

I feel you but let's be real... lee isn't an all star in today's nba. Too much talent out west. Fringe all star yes. All star. No. Especially with the season he's been having.

He's barely played.

He's still a consistent player. Could easily be an 18 and 8 guy in the starting line up and his jump shot is back. His per 36 numbers are 19 and 10.

On top of all that his passing ability is criminally underrated. Easily in the top 3 PFs in terms of passing ability.

Simply put. We won't get fair return for trading Lee. And that makes it a lot more difficult to swallow. Our depth is really helping us win games. If they trade him I'm hoping for a center that can defend at a high level or a PF that can score in the post and can distribute in the post and pinch. Don't think there's many guys out there that can do that. Not in exchange for Lee anyway.

And yes, the front office seems to be happy to match any offer Green gets. Myers and Lacob have both stated they're willing to spend big money to keep winning. Kerr was practically given a blank cheque when it came to his assistants. And that was before we were the best team in the league. I think Green will be getting at least 12mil per year on average.

Htownballa1622
01-11-2015, 02:53 PM
He's barely played.

He's still a consistent player. Could easily be an 18 and 8 guy in the starting line up and his jump shot is back. His per 36 numbers are 19 and 10.

On top of all that his passing ability is criminally underrated. Easily in the top 3 PFs in terms of passing ability.

Simply put. We won't get fair return for trading Lee. And that makes it a lot more difficult to swallow. Our depth is really helping us win games. If they trade him I'm hoping for a center that can defend at a high level or a PF that can score in the post and can distribute in the post and pinch. Don't think there's many guys out there that can do that. Not in exchange for Lee anyway.

And yes, the front office seems to be happy to match any offer Green gets. Myers and Lacob have both stated they're willing to spend big money to keep winning. Kerr was practically given a blank cheque when it came to his assistants. And that was before we were the best team in the league. I think Green will be getting at least 12mil per year on average.

I hear ya and i agree they should probably spend whatever necessary. We'll see if they try penny pinching. (I never like teams not willing to spend)

As for lee. He's solid for sure but he's not an all star even if healthy in my book. Anyway. I think Draymond is going to get max money from SOMEONE.

Goose17
01-11-2015, 03:27 PM
I hear ya and i agree they should probably spend whatever necessary. We'll see if they try penny pinching. (I never like teams not willing to spend)

As for lee. He's solid for sure but he's not an all star even if healthy in my book. Anyway. I think Draymond is going to get max money from SOMEONE.

I think there's a chance someone will offer him a max. And I think there's a chance the Warriors match it.

It's more likely he gets offered between 12-14mil per. But it's not impossible someone offers him more out of desperation.

He's my favourite Warrior and has been since his rookie season. I really hope we find a way to keep him.

Htownballa1622
01-11-2015, 04:02 PM
I think there's a chance someone will offer him a max. And I think there's a chance the Warriors match it.

It's more likely he gets offered between 12-14mil per. But it's not impossible someone offers him more out of desperation.

He's my favourite Warrior and has been since his rookie season. I really hope we find a way to keep him.

It only takes one. And knicks are out there. Plus I think teams wouldn't mind paying him this max before cap goes up in future.

He will get max and he most likely will be a warrior. He's great. I love his energy and hustle. Extraordinary defender.
I just wish he'd stop sticking his tongue out lol.

IKnowHoops
01-11-2015, 05:29 PM
He's barely played.

Big time. You got starters everywhere.

SF8
01-11-2015, 07:15 PM
Yeah I read that article from September. The one I posted was from November.

I get that he wants to stay but don't you think he might want to win and make money? If course teams would lick their chops. Is the nature of the business .

I wouldn't trade dmo for i.t. straight up. I think you're over valuing thomas.

We'll see how right after that tough stretch of games plays out.

It'd be more like Pels pick and one of dmo or Jones for dragic.

We're not trading for a barely 6 ft. Guard that pretty much just shoots.

Here's a tweet today

https://mobile.twitter.com/Thedocrocket/status/554331700855963649

Those hashtags tell the story.

Htownballa1622
01-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Here's a tweet today

https://mobile.twitter.com/Thedocrocket/status/554331700855963649

Those hashtags tell the story.

I saw that. Doc Rocket is a guy who has ties to rox but doesn't mean he's in favor of everything that is being discussed. I'm sure dragic doesn't want to leave phoenix.

Like I said,let's see as we get closer to deadline.

But fact remains, rox are interested.

TrueFan420
01-11-2015, 07:28 PM

The thing tho is we'd only be over the cap in a bad way for 1 season. Lee comes off the books and we would come back down to a manageable number. Plus the cap would increase. The real question for me isn't if we go far over the cap for 1 year to bring back Green but if after that 1 year we can resign Lee at a much smaller deal and have him be a bench player for good.

Htownballa1622
01-11-2015, 07:56 PM
The thing tho is we'd only be over the cap in a bad way for 1 season. Lee comes off the books and we would come back down to a manageable number. Plus the cap would increase. The real question for me isn't if we go far over the cap for 1 year to bring back Green but if after that 1 year we can resign Lee at a much smaller deal and have him be a bench player for good.

If Lee is willing to be that then good for Dubs.

TrueFan420
01-11-2015, 08:02 PM
If Lee is willing to be that then good for Dubs.

That would amazing if he did. However unlike it may be. Hes made good money and I know he enjoys living in SF. If we can win a chip or get very close to one before his deal ends (so this or next year) I think we got a great chance at getting him on a cheaper deal.

Duncan = Donkey
01-11-2015, 10:25 PM

Fair enough. But isn't that what Suns fans were saying about plumlee last year?

That's the toughest question there aren't many options at the center position.

we thought Plumlee would be a great back up C, he doesnt have the traits Len has though. Elite shot blocking/defense. He actually has signs of an offensive game, he has a soft touch and good jump shot.
Plumlee was just a tall athlete, who played with energy last year. This Year he is the exact same guy but plays with no energy and it shows.

it is the toughest position to fill for quality, thats why all Suns fan are more than happy to just keep playing an starting Len. He had another great game today, 14pts/13reb/3blk and outplayed Marc Gasol.

Duncan = Donkey
01-11-2015, 10:29 PM
I saw that. Doc Rocket is a guy who has ties to rox but doesn't mean he's in favor of everything that is being discussed. I'm sure dragic doesn't want to leave phoenix.

Like I said,let's see as we get closer to deadline.

But fact remains, rox are interested.

If the Rox arnt willing to offer D-Mo.....how do they expect to get Dragic in a trade(if they want him)?

Htownballa1622
01-11-2015, 11:54 PM
If the Rox arnt willing to offer D-Mo.....how do they expect to get Dragic in a trade(if they want him)?

One of d mo or Jones plus Pels pick.

I'm not tied to dmo at all.