PDA

View Full Version : Ashamed Knicks fans wear paper bags over head during game (Video)

spreadeagle
01-09-2015, 03:17 PM
lmao

Knicks fans were ashamed to show their faces at Madison Garden as New York fell behind the Rockets by 19 points last night (hat tip: Eric Freeman of Ball Donít Lie).

It only got worse from there. The Knicks lost by 24, their 14th straight loss, extending a franchise record for consecutive losses within a single season.

Thankfully, Phil Jackson wasnít wearing a bag over his head. Otherwise, we would have been robbed of the great facial expression he flashed in that video.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/09/knicks-fans-wear-paper-bags-over-their-heads-during-14th-straight-loss-video/

bucketss
01-09-2015, 03:26 PM
knicks have the worst starting lineup i have ever seen.

dodgersuck
01-09-2015, 03:27 PM
Well deserved. They're tanking at Philly levels without trying, it's sad.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-09-2015, 03:38 PM
knicks have the worst starting lineup i have ever seen.

they still sucked when melo, amare, shumpert, calderon were in the lineup

DarkKnight
01-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Ha ha who cares next year will be different

jimm120
01-09-2015, 03:49 PM
They won 5 and lost a LOT of games by 1-6 points WITH MELO.

they have won 0 and get blown out 90% of the time WITHOUT MELO.

This seems to indicate that the team just plain sucks aside for Melo.

ManningToTyree
01-09-2015, 04:14 PM

This seems to indicate that the team just plain sucks aside for Melo. this.
Why isn't there a thread for the Philly fans doing the same?

lamzoka
01-09-2015, 04:15 PM
Meh... It's worthless and foolish to boo these knicks or put a paper bag over your head. Real fans understand what's going on here. Despite the 5 and whatever record the garden is sold out night in and night out by tourists and corporate people who knows jack **** about basketball. Real fans know this team is just finishing out the schedule, while trying to develop the young players and with a hope of landing the first overall pick.

These kids sitting courtside with corporate tickets will do anything for tv.

xxplayerxx23
01-09-2015, 04:16 PM
They are attention seekers

Silent
01-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Ha ha who cares next year will be different

You sound like a Cubs Fan

-Kobe24-TJ19-
01-09-2015, 04:23 PM

What difference does it make?

All that counts in regular season are wins and losses.

Not wins and losses and losses by 1-6 points

dodgersuck
01-09-2015, 04:39 PM
this.

Because most Philly fans (like myself) are on board with the tank plan and it was fully expected they would be be as bad as they are.

Tony_Starks
01-10-2015, 12:46 AM

This seems to indicate that the team just plain sucks aside for Melo. this.

Philly fans are actually proud to be tanking, as ridiculous as that sounds....

SeoulBeatz
01-10-2015, 01:25 AM
Philly fans are actually proud to be tanking, as ridiculous as that sounds....

I wouldn't say proud, more like it was the best move for the franchise and the fans understand this. There's no one wearing paper bags or calling for Hinkie's head.

DarkKnight
01-10-2015, 01:26 AM
You're right but as a fan all you do is hope

JustinTime
01-10-2015, 01:46 AM
The New York Knicks are the Toronto Maple Leafs of Basketball. Both are cash cow franchises that haven't won a championships in 40+ years. Fans flock to both no matter how poor the product is and the owners sit back and laugh as the cash continues to poor in because the fans are to dumb to boycott either.

Chrisclover
01-10-2015, 02:43 AM
They are seeking attention. [emoji58]

Saddletramp
01-10-2015, 06:24 AM
On Bill Mahers show on Friday night:

New Rule: The NYPD must stop acting like the only thing black people do is run from them and shoot at them. Believe it or not, there are some black New Yorkers who won't run and can't shoot: They're called the Knicks.

IBleedPurple
01-10-2015, 08:09 AM
On Bill Mahers show on Friday night:

New Rule: The NYPD must stop acting like the only thing black people do is run from them and shoot at them. Believe it or not, there are some black New Yorkers who won't run and can't shoot: They're called the Knicks. Lmao

likemystylez
01-10-2015, 11:04 AM
why even go to the game and waste your time and money

lamzoka
01-10-2015, 12:05 PM

Most of them are tourists and Corporate tickets.

For tourist this is there only chance to watch a sports game in NY. Jets, Giants, Yankees and Mets are not playing. Most of them don't give a **** about hockey.

Corporate Tickets are free and they're usually great seats. I dated this chick that worked for Budweiser. She used to get me tickets to knicks games every other week. They were all great seats with a lot of perks. She got me to a skybox a few times too. (I ****ed up for letting that one slipped out of my hand)

GodsSon
01-10-2015, 12:42 PM
That's why I laugh when people think the Knicks will be contenders next year. Contenders for the 9th spot, sure.

Like someone else said, they're the Maple Leafs of basketball. Ownership needs to bite the bullet and SUCK for 3-5 years while being patient and hoarding high-end picks; rather than constantly trying to re-tool with band-aid solutions.

smith&wesson
01-10-2015, 01:14 PM
the titanic division is really hurting. the struggle is real.

likemystylez
01-10-2015, 01:29 PM
Most of them are tourists and Corporate tickets.

For tourist this is there only chance to watch a sports game in NY. Jets, Giants, Yankees and Mets are not playing. Most of them don't give a **** about hockey.

Corporate Tickets are free and they're usually great seats. I dated this chick that worked for Budweiser. She used to get me tickets to knicks games every other week. They were all great seats with a lot of perks. She got me to a skybox a few times too. (I ****ed up for letting that one slipped out of my hand)

seriously!!

sounds like a keeper to me, you dont still have her number do you? :o)

lamzoka
01-10-2015, 02:04 PM
seriously!!

sounds like a keeper to me, you dont still have her number do you? :o)

I haven't heard from her in almost a year. She moved to L.A. But I agree with you. she's def a keeper. I was young and dumb.

LA_Raiders
01-11-2015, 03:29 PM
Ny is at full tank mode. Fans should not attend games unless they enjoy non competitive games.

Chrisclover
01-12-2015, 12:17 PM
They support the opposing team?😑

blahblahyoutoo
01-12-2015, 11:43 PM

or it could be that in acquiring melo, the rest of the positions were sacrificed. even with melo, they were losing.

you're telling me that a superstar like melo can't carry a team to more wins than 5 in the weak atlantic/east?

philly has more wins and they don't have a superstar. neither do orlando, boston, detroit, milwaukee and they are all doing better than the knicks.

apocalypse15
01-13-2015, 12:13 AM
Should teams do more on the contracts of players so they can't just "sit out" when their team is doing bad and still get paid? I mean c'mon now, does Melo and Kobe still get a full pay from their contract? Kobe has obviously played more but both have been rumored to "rest" the second half of the season. Unless they are not being paid a full year of their contract then my mistake but this is just sad. Also to mention Lebron is taking a few weeks off with soreness. Nobody knows the real injuries unless on the inside but the NBA is getting worse. If Melo needs surgery then get it now and get it over with what is with the wait? Same with any star making MILLIONS to play in the NBA that sits out while their team is in transition to getting better or not doing anything at all.

Chrisclover
01-14-2015, 10:49 AM
or it could be that in acquiring melo, the rest of the positions were sacrificed. even with melo, they were losing.

you're telling me that a superstar like melo can't carry a team to more wins than 5 in the weak atlantic/east?

philly has more wins and they don't have a superstar. neither do orlando, boston, detroit, milwaukee and they are all doing better than the knicks.
Come on, one man cannot fight a whole team. The knicks are putrid offensively and defensively. Other teams are just mediocre, not hopeless. Also, they dont deal with the pressure from fans in a big city. Totally different situations that you cannot equate.

Chrisclover
01-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Should teams do more on the contracts of players so they can't just "sit out" when their team is doing bad and still get paid? I mean c'mon now, does Melo and Kobe still get a full pay from their contract? Kobe has obviously played more but both have been rumored to "rest" the second half of the season. Unless they are not being paid a full year of their contract then my mistake but this is just sad. Also to mention Lebron is taking a few weeks off with soreness. Nobody knows the real injuries unless on the inside but the NBA is getting worse. If Melo needs surgery then get it now and get it over with what is with the wait? Same with any star making MILLIONS to play in the NBA that sits out while their team is in transition to getting better or not doing anything at all.
I agree with your first sentence but not with the rest. Resting players, in most cases, is decided by the coach the the FO rather than the stars themselves. Intentionally sitting out to slack off will tarnish their reputation, which they rely upon to get fat business contracts. Remember how Howard started to get notorious? He just declined to step on the court and weaseled out because he lost hope in Magic.

Pierzynski4Prez
01-14-2015, 11:19 AM
the titanic division is really hurting. the struggle is real.

Would you say that it is sinking?